Amongst the Flames — IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: Amongst the Flames IC

Post by Fialova »

"Yes! Definitely a bed. Do you have a bath house or a spring nearby? I'd love a bath too, if you have one." Cleo tries not to sound too excited about the inn - after all, it is not a particularly nice one - but she can't help it. A nice bed is very attractive to her at the moment, after all day in the hot sun and being ambushed before that.

"Um..." she continues, as she digs around in her bag. It occurs to her that the fairly large coinpurse that had been in there is no longer there. Those bandits! "Um, I don't have any money," she says finally, a pouting look on her face. "We all got robbed, the bandits must have taken what I had." She pulls out her ID papers and hands them to the man. "I am a Tenant, though. I have money! Just not with me. Can I stay here, just for tonight? I will have a messenger bring you payment once I get back home, I promise."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Shira'stasa pulls out a handful of coins. 9 gold and 7 silvers. Could be worse, I suppose. "Here, Cleo," she says, an outstretched hand of 3 gold coins before the younger woman. "The bandits seemed to leave my belongings alone. I have some to spare."

Shira looks to the innkeep, studying what showed of his face under his unveiled mask. Can never be too sure what folk you're dealing with, but he doesn't seem too suspicious. We'll likely be safe through the night unless another group comes through, tired as us.
kalis5
Hm...
Registered for: 10 years 2 months

Post by kalis5 »

Geral sets his down nine of his ten gold on the table.
"For me, the Ork, and the Elf. Not like I have much use for the money anyways... Any room is fine for me as well."
He pauses for a moment as he thinks.
"Say, can you tell us more about these bandits? We're travelling through the area and I'd rather not get ambushed with such a small party."
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

"I'm afraid not Tenant. We tend to just use water from the well. Out here there's not much point to baths, the second you step out you'll be covered in sand already."The Innkeeper takes and pockets the gold. "Don't know too much really. Word is they attacked some refugees on the road from Azkahir a few days ago, and that they used to be mercenaries. That's all I've heard anyway." The man says, leading the group to the other building and opening the door. Inside is fairly well furnished although most of the space is taken up by beds. The Innkeeper leaves and returns a couple of minutes later with some water, meat and bread. He sets it down on a table and leaves, presumably heading back to the other building.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Cameryn shrugs as Geral pays for his room, putting his own coin pouch back in his bag. He had previously been given 20 gold from his master's wife, but he gladly lets another pay for him. He smirks at the thought of his forced companions not knowing of his money and continually paying for him. Cameryn frowns as the innkeeper mentions the lack of a bath house. Being able to be clean for once sure would have been nice.

Now in the other room, Cameryn grabs some food and a cup of water. He walks over to a bed and hops onto it, careful not to drop his food and drink. So this is what a bed feels like... He sits up and quickly finishes his meal before lying down and enjoying the bed's comfort. He sprawls out and closes his eyes, worn from the long day.
PureZaros
The Enigma
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by PureZaros »

"I thank you for your generosity Geral," Eoli says, somewhat surprised by the man's willingness to drop so much gold on people he had only just met. I hope he isn't so loose with his money all of the time. Truly a bad habit.

Catching a movement out of the corner of his eye, Eoli spots Cameryn repacking his coin purse. Well now, he wouldn't have been taking that out unless he had enough gold for the night. How much do you have, little elf?
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Thanks," Cleo says politely, as Shira'stasa pays for her room. She is still a bit bummed that her money is missing, but glad to not have to sleep outside or do something to earn a bed. Her heart sinks a bit as the innkeeper informs her of the lack of a bath.

Once inside, Cleo grabs a bit of the food and quickly eats it by the table, then walks over to one of the beds and sits down. She cringes as she notices the elf eating his food in another of the beds. "You are going to get crumbs everywhere," she says, "and that's how you get ants."

Still sitting, she removes her shoes and backpack and shoves them underneath the bed she has claimed for the night. She considers changing into her more comfortable indoor clothing, but decides against it. Last thing I need is an elf, an orc, and some swordsman ogling me. With her stuff put away, she lays back on the bed and looks at the ceiling, thinking about the events of the last 24 hours. Her wounds still ache a bit, but not as badly as before.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

As everyone prepares for bed, Geral checks his blade, every so often drawing it a slight bit out of the scabbard before sliding it back in, repeating the process. Money well spent based on the beds and food. He supposes that it's just habit he helps pay for everything, what would he really buy with so little gold anyway?
That, and these people had their money stolen by men and women that used to be part of his mercenary company. He's at least partly responsible for their current situation, and if they were part of his company, he'd have paid for them anyway given his rank. Yet, he can't sit still. They haven't gone very far today, and there's still a decent distance from here to Thesus.
If he knows these bandits, and he does, they'll be on them by tomorrow. He hopes that this group can stop bickering for five moments and work together. Otherwise, this will be a short trip.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The group wakes fairly early, ready for another day of travelling. After everyone has gathered their things up, they head out of the door to see five men, all of them armed, stood on the other side of the well, clearly deep in discussion. "Ah, well isn't this a surprise." One man says, noticing the group. The others turn too and draw their weapons.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Encounter 1

Go: Eoli, Shira

Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Rocks: The squares occupied by the rocks are difficult terrain. If you aren't entirely sure if one counts, just ask.

Buildings: These squares cannot be entered unless a skill check is passed to climb on to the roof. The buildings block line of sight when on the ground.

Well: The squares occupied by the well cannot be entered however the well doesn't block line of sight.
Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Bandit: The Bandits are armed with longswords and shields, wearing leather armour over desert robes.
Archer: These bandits are similarly armoured to the others, however they carry a bow and a dagger instead of a sword.
Status
[SHOW]
24 Eoil (K, 10) HP: 25/25 AP: 1/1
21 Shira (J, 9) HP: 23/23 AP: 1/1
20 Archer 1 (L, 22) HP: ??/??
20 Archer 2 (O, 19) HP: ??/??
18 Cameryn (H, 11) HP: 26/26 AP: 1/1
13 Cleo (L, 9) HP: 24/24 AP: 1/1
11 Bandit 1 (O, 16) HP: ??/??
11 Bandit 2 (L, 18) HP: ??/??
11 Bandit 3 (J, 21) HP: ??/??
5 Geral (I, 10) HP: 31/31 AP: 1/1
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Judging their intentions, Shira'stasa assumes the men are likely cutthroats or brigands. I've hardly enough money to pay them off, and I doubt they'd walk away peacefully even if I did. Before anyone can make the first move, the quick-thinking Tenant surges forward, cutting to her right across the hot sand. She skillfully snaps her book open to the exact page she wants, shouting ancient words from the text.

A ghastly hand appears next to one of the bandits before her, its positioning threatening the man as it oscillates in place. As his eyes turn toward the terrifying hand, with its peeling flesh and long, disgusting nails, Shira'stasa takes the opportunity to conjure the figure of a decaying skull, which vaults toward the man with arcane speed. Slamming into him with a frightening screech, the terrified man appears to be impaired beyond reaction. "Be gone, you brigands! Nothing but death and decay await you here!" she cries, feeling empowered by the channeling of Am-ines' grisly, divine power.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to N12

Minor: Cast Mage Hand in N17, making Bandit 1 grant CA.

Standard: Cast Winged Horde on O16-Q18, targeting Bandit 1. Hits Bandit 1, Will 17, for 6 psychic damage, leaving him unable to act on OAs til the end my next turn.
Attack: 1d20+8=17
Damage:1d6=6
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 1
Languages: Serran, Tulrissian, Imardanian, Kurnish
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 135 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 13
Passive Insight: 18
Senses: Normal

AC: 15
Fort: 11
Ref: 15
Will: 15
HP: 23/23
Bloodied: 11
Surge Value: 5
Surges left: 7/7
Action points: 1

Resistances: 5 necrotic, 5 radiant
Vulnerabilities: None
Saves: None

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [_]

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

* Only one may be readied at beginning of day

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Tome Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls with a tome. Enemies adjacent to your conjurations/summoned creatures grant CA. Enemies immune to fear are immune to this effect.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.

Immortal Origin: Your spirit is native to the Astral Sea, so you are considered an immortal creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"Oh, wonderful," Eoli growls. It's too early to be doing this. My old bones need time to warm up.

Stretching while Shira'stasa runs in, Eoli grabs the amulet hanging around his neck, focusing intently on a spot just behind one of the bandits. A bright will-o-wisp suddenly appears there, and a funnel of dust whips up from the ground, as well as some larger rocks, forming around it. Releasing the amulet, Eoli looks fondly at the dust devil. "Have fun, little one."

The dust cloud, wasting no time, envelops the nearest bandit and buffets him with the dust and small debris in its form. The bandit, however, manages to avoid all of the larger projectiles and as the cloud moves off of him, he appears completely unharmed (though considerably more dusty).

Taking a few steps forward, Eoli leans on the rim of the well, watching his spirit fight.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Minor: Call Spirit Companion to summon my Spirit Companion (SC) at (L,19)

Standard: Stalker's Strike on Bandit 2
Attack: 7 vs Fort... Miss.
Well, off to a great start.

Move: Eoli to (L,11), SC to (L,21)
Note: Spirit Companions do not provoke OA as they are conjurations.

Ready OA: Spirit's Wrath
Triggered by enemy moving without shifting next to my SC
1d6+4 damage and the triggering enemy grants CA until end of my next turn.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Eoli An'Audun

Male Deva Animist Shaman 1
Languages: Serran, Kurnish, Elven, Dwarven
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 250 lbs.

Initiative: +6
Passive Perception: 19
Passive Insight: 14
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 16
Fort: 12
Reflex: 14
HP: 25/25
Bloodied: 12
Surge Value: 6
Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1

Resistances:
5 necrotic
5 radiant

Active Effects:
+1 to all defenses against bloodied enemies

Powers:

Spirit's Wrath
Spirit Infusion
Stalker's Strike
Call Spirit Companion

[_] Second Wind
[_] Healing Spirit
[_] Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
[_] Speak With Spirits
[_] Scorching Sands
[_] Vezzuvu's Eruption

[_] Spirit of the Healing Flood

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Spirit Companion:
Occupies one square. Enemies can't move through it, but allies can. When you take a move action, you can also move the spirit a number of squares equal to your speed. Spirit Companions cannot be OA'd as they are conjurations, not creatures.
The spirit can be targeted by melee or ranged attacks. If a single melee or ranged attack (Area attacks are ineffective.) deals damage equal to 10 + half of your level or higher, the spirit disappears and you take damage equal to 5 + half of your level. Otherwise, the spirit is unaffected by the attack.
The spirit companion shares most of your stats, as well as any effects that affect movement, sight, or actions.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by a bloodied creature.
Astral Resistance: You have resistance to necrotic and radiant damage equal to 5 + half of your level.
Immortal Origin: Your spirit is native to the Astral Sea, so you are considered an immortal creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Totem Expertise: +1 feat bonues to implement attack rolls made with a totem and you ignore partial cover and partial concealment on implement attacks made with a totem.
Battle Intuition: You can use your Wisdom modifier instead of Dexterity to determine Initiative. Also, you gain a +2 feat bonus to initiative.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The two archers move into position, one dodging around Eoli's summoned dust devil, and both let an arrow fly. One shoots safely past Cameryn's head but the other buries itself in Eoli's arm.

Go: Cameryn, Cleo
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Shira: moves, summons mage hand, hits.

Eoli: summons SC, misses, moves, SC moves.

Archer 1: shifts to (K,21), shoots at Cameryn, 12 vs AC = miss.

Archer 2: moves to (M,19), shoots at Eoli, 24 vs AC = hits for 4 damage.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Rocks: The squares occupied by the rocks are difficult terrain. If you aren't entirely sure if one counts, just ask.

Buildings: These squares cannot be entered unless a skill check is passed to climb on to the roof. The buildings block line of sight when on the ground.

Well: The squares occupied by the well cannot be entered however the well doesn't block line of sight.
Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Bandit: The Bandits are armed with longswords and shields, wearing leather armour over desert robes.
Archer: These bandits are similarly armoured to the others, however they carry a bow and a dagger instead of a sword.
Status
[SHOW]
24 Eoil (L, 11) HP: 21/25 AP: 1/1
21 Shira (N, 12) HP: 23/23 AP: 1/1
20 Archer 1 (K, 21) HP: ??/??
20 Archer 2 (M, 19) HP: ??/??
18 Cameryn (H, 11) HP: 26/26 AP: 1/1
13 Cleo (L, 9) HP: 24/24 AP: 1/1
11 Bandit 1 (O, 16) HP: -6/??
11 Bandit 2 (L, 18) HP: ??/??
11 Bandit 3 (J, 21) HP: ??/??
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cleo walks out groggily, she had slept well but isn't exactly a morning person. The bandits catch her probably more off-guard than the others, but she is quick to act. The girl rushes forward to the one that Shira'stasa's weird hand thing attacked, and attempts to punch the man but he dodges. Now fuming, the girl stares the man down, preparing to go all out on him.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move Action: Blistering Flourish Movement Technique
Effect: Move to (O, 16). If this somehow provokes an OA from an enemy, and the OA hits, the attacker takes 5 fire damages.

Standard Action: Blistering Flourish Attack Technique on Bandit 1
Attack: 12 vs Reflex = miss
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Tn. Cleo

Female Hengeyokai Monk 1
Languages: Serran, Imardanian
Height: 4' 11"
Weight: 106 lbs.

Speed: 7
Climb Speed (as a cat): 7
Passive Perception: 10
Passive Insight: 10
Senses: Low-light Vision

AC: 19
Reflex: 16
Will: 14
HP: 24/24

Resistances:
5 Fire

Saves:
+2 vs immobilize, restrain, or slow

Active Effects:
+2 to checks to escape grab
+5 to bluff vs insight to discover I am not human

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Desert Wind Flurry of Blows
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [_]
Light the Fire [_]

Masterful Spiral [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Mental Crucible: I gain resist 5 fire (or +2 if I already have resist fire of 5+)

Unarmed Combatant: unarmed attack has +3 proficiency, 1d8 damage, unarmed group, can be affected by ki foci. Must have a free hand to use it.

Unarmored Defense: +2 to AC when in cloth armor or no armor and not using a shield.

Full Discipline: Can only use one full discipline power per round, but can use it as many times as the power would allow (at-will's any number of times in a round, encounters once per round, etc.) Can use full discipline techniques in whatever order I like, and if I spend an action point I can choose a different full discipline power.

Beast Nature: I am considered both a magical beast and a humanoid.

Elusive: +2 racial bonus to checks made to escape grabs and to saving throws against effects that immobilize, restrain, or slow me.

Fey Origin: I am considered Fey.

Language of Beasts: I can speak to and understand natural and fey felines in my hybrid or animal form, and understand but not speak to them in human form.

Shapechanger: I am considered a shapechanger.

Ki Focus Expertise: +1 to damage with ki focus vs bloodied targets.

Unarmored Agility: +2 to AC when in cloth armor or no armor.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Cameryn rubs his eyes and yawns, not fully aware of what is occurring. A few moments later, he comes to his senses and jolts into action, quickly moving towards one of the bandits. He slashes at the bandit with his greatsword. In retaliation, the thug lunges toward Cameryn, but with great swiftness, he dodges, hopping backwards a bit. Laughing slightly, he shouts insults at the man. "Oedd eich mam-gu yn eich dysgu i ymladd? Gan eich bod yn sicr yn dda iawn am hynny, yr ydych yn ffwl swrth. Rydych yn esgus gwael lleidr a dylech fynd crio i'ch mam. Bendithia yr hen wraig gwael am orfod codi twpsyn mor anghymwys."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to K17

Minor: Oath of Enmity on Bandit 2

Standard: Overwhelming Strike on Bandit 2
Roll One: 3(1d20) +8 = 11 vs AC = Miss
Roll Two > Attack: 14(1d20) +8 = 22 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 9(1d10) +4 = 13
Shift to K16, Bandit 2 slides to K17
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Cameryn

Male Elf Avenger 1
Languages: Elven, Serran
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 125 lbs.

Initiative: +4
Passive Perception: 23
Senses: Low-light vision

HP: 26/26
Bloodied: 13

Resistances: None

Powers:

Leading Strike
Overwhelming Strike

Second Wind [_]
Hidden Strike [_]
Raging Tempest [_]

Abjure Undead [_] *
Divine Guidance [_] *
Oath of Enmity [*][/color] **

Thunder and Echo [_]

* Can only use one per encounter
** Regain at end of encounter or if target drops to 0 HP

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Heavy Blade Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a heavy blade. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. In addition, while wielding a heavy blade, you gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.

Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift.

Censure of Unity: You gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls against your oath of enmity target for each ally adjacent to that target. The bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Sense Threat: When you roll initiative, you can make a Perception check and use its result for your initiative check. When you do so, allies within 10 squares of you who have a lower initiative than yours gain a +2 racial bonus to their initiative.

Wood Elf Reactive Stealth: If you have any cover or concealment when you roll initiative, you can make a Stealth check to hide at the same time.

Armor of Faith: While you are wearing cloth armor or no armor and aren't using a shield, you gain a bonus +3 to AC.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to your creature origin.

Unarmored Agility: You gain a +2 feat bonus to AC while wearing either cloth or no armor.
Elven Translation
[SHOW]
"Did your grandmother teach you to fight? Since you sure aren't very good at it, you lethargic fool. You're a poor excuse of a thief and you should go cry to your mother. Bless that poor old woman for having to raise such an incompetent idiot."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The bandit engaged with Cameryn retaliates, landing a heavy blow on the elf. Cleo too is struck by a bandit sword after failing to land her own strike. The third joins the assault on Cameryn but his initial swing goes wide.

Go: Geral, Eoli, Shira
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Cleo: moves, misses.

Cameryn: moves, targets, hits, shifts, slides.

Bandit 1: attacks Cleo, 27 vs AC, hits for 7 damage.

Bandit 2: attacks Cameryn, 19 vs AC, hits for 10 damage.

Bandit 3: moves to (J,17), attacks Cameryn, 14 vs AC, misses.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
21 Shira (N, 12) HP: 23/23 AP: 1/1
20 Archer 1 (K, 21) HP: ??/??
20 Archer 2 (M, 19) HP: ??/??
18 Cameryn (K, 16) HP: 16/26 AP: 1/1
13 Cleo (O, 16) HP: 17/24 AP: 1/1
11 Bandit 1 (O, 17) HP: -6/?? Granting CA to all
11 Bandit 2 (K, 17) HP: -13/??
11 Bandit 3 (J, 17) HP: ??/??
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Although one of the last to act, Geral knows exactly what he needs to do. It's not like this was his first fight, and it's not like he hasn't fought bandits before, and this group pales in comparison to the group that attacked the refugees just the day before. As he moves forward, he pushes on the hilt of his blade, stepping next to the Cameryn, seeing that the elf does need some help with this despite his skill. That, and they're closer, and grouped together ever so nicely. How could he resist?
As he gets close, he grabs his blade with his right hand, fire dancing across the edge of his blade as steps next to Cameryn, the fire building up until it covers his blade as he slices across the air with it, a smile hidden under his hood as it grows into a tidal wave of flame, slamming into the two bandits and searing their skin.
"Sorry Cameryn. Whatever you said was probably great and all, but I doubt these fools took the time to learn Elven. Besides..."
He flicks his blade once, holding it out wit his left hand close to his chest.
"A sword gets the signal across just as easily, don't you think?"
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move to J16. Love diagonal movement.
Minor: Draw Sword
Flame Cyclone (Close Blast 3, so it hits both the targets and uses fire damage) vs Reflex for Bandit 3: 1d20+5=23
Doubt he dodged that. Damage: 1d8+7=11
Not a bad start.
Now Bandit 2!: 1d20+5=20
Woot damage: 1d8+7=9
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Geral

Male Genasi Swordmage Level 1
Languages: Serran, Kurnish
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 160 lbs

Initiative: 0
Passive Insight: 15

AC: 20
Fort: 13
Ref: 16
Will: 12
HP:31/31
Bloodied: 15
Surge Value: 7
Surges: 11/11
AP: 1

Resistances:
Resist Fire 5

Vulnerabilities:
NONE

Saving throws:
I WISH

Active Effects:
Golden

Powers:
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Guardian's Counter [ ]
Flame Cyclone [X]
Vanishing Blade [ ]

Other Abilities:

Aegis of Assault
Second Wind [ ]
Firepulse [ ]

Conditions: None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Genasi Firesoul: +1 Reflexes, Resist 5 Fire, and Firepulse.

Swordbond: By spending 1 hour with any light or heavy blade, the blade becomes swordbonded. As a standard action, the blade can be called from 10 squares away. If the bonded weapon is broken, the blade can be reforged with an hour of meditation.

Swordmage Warding: +1 AC or +3 AC when wielding a blade one handed and the other hand is free.

Heavy Blade Expertise: +1 to attack rolls with Heavy Blade. +2 to defenses against OAs.

Rose King's Shield: +2 to Endurance. While using a longsword, once per turn melee attacks grant +5 temporary HP. This is improved to +10 if more than 2 squares are moved before the end of your turn.
Last edited by kalis5 on Sun May 18, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

As her allies slide forward to combat the enemies, who are split up into brutal, individual melee fighting, Shira'stasa rushes forward herself. I see an opportunity, she thinks. Snapping her book to a different page, she cries out an arcane curse, a swarm of thousands of arcane locusts appearing in the air. The bugs tear and gnaw at the many enemies before her with such viciousness and force that the men are have no choice but to lose some ground. They regroup, huddled together, surrounding the spirit companion.

Yes, stand close together. So that I can wreak havoc upon your unworthy selves, she thinks, channeling her divine and arcane powers. "You have picked a fight with the wrong people, it seems!" she calls out to the brigands, thoroughly impressed by the rest of her allies' competence in battle.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to N16

Minor: Cast Beguiling Strands from K17 to O21, targeting Bandit 1, Bandit 2, Archer 1, Archer 2. Hits Wills 23, 21, 16, and 22 for 5 psychic damage each. Bandit 1 is pushed to M20, Bandit 2 is pushed to K20, Archer 1 is not pushed, Archer 2 is pushed to L20.
Attack: 1d20+8=23, 1d20+6=21, 1d20+6=16, 1d20+6=22

Minor: Sustain Mage Hand
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 1

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [_]

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Tome Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls with a tome. Enemies adjacent to your conjurations/summoned creatures grant CA. Enemies immune to fear are immune to this effect.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Eoli growls as the arrow embeds itself in his arm. Snapping the shaft off, he glances furiously at the now clumped together enemies. "Excellent, Shira'stasa!"

Taking a breath, Eoli stomps the ground, calling up the strength of the earth beneath him and buckling the ground around the group of bandits. The area quickly heats up and melts the sand around the enemy's feet, impeding movement and burning any that stand on the glassed ground for too long.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Vezzuvu's Eruption centered on (L,20).
Attack: VS Reflex all... 18 vs Bandit 1; 13 vs Bandit 2; 9 vs Archer 1;15 vs Archer 2
Hit, miss, miss, miss. Fuck you too, roller.
Damage: 7 thunder damage to Bandit 1 and Bandit 1 is knocked prone.

A 3x3 area of difficult terrain is created centered on (L,20). Any creature that ends it's turn in the zone takes 5 fire damage. The zone lasts until EONT

Triggered by enemy moving without shifting next to my SC
1d6+4 damage and the triggering enemy grants CA until end of my next turn.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Eoli An'Audun

HP: 21/25

Resistances:
5 necrotic
5 radiant

Active Effects:

Powers:

Spirit's Wrath
Spirit Infusion
Stalker's Strike
Call Spirit Companion

[_] Second Wind
[_] Healing Spirit
[_] Speak With Spirits
[_] Scorching Sands
[_] Vezzuvu's Eruption

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Spirit Companion:
Occupies one square. Enemies can't move through it, but allies can. When you take a move action, you can also move the spirit a number of squares equal to your speed. Spirit Companions cannot be OA'd as they are conjurations, not creatures.
The spirit can be targeted by melee or ranged attacks. If a single melee or ranged attack (Area attacks are ineffective.) deals damage equal to 10 + half of your level or higher, the spirit disappears and you take damage equal to 5 + half of your level. Otherwise, the spirit is unaffected by the attack.
The spirit companion shares most of your stats, as well as any effects that affect movement, sight, or actions.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by a bloodied creature.
Astral Resistance: You have resistance to necrotic and radiant damage equal to 5 + half of your level.
Totem Expertise: +1 feat bonues to implement attack rolls made with a totem and you ignore partial cover and partial concealment on implement attacks made with a totem.
Battle Intuition: You can use your Wisdom modifier instead of Dexterity to determine Initiative. Also, you gain a +2 feat bonus to initiative.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As the brigands are pushed back by the party, the two archers in the group let arrows fly. However both fail to find their targets and Eoli's Dust Devil takes advantage of the opening to attack them both.

Go: Cleo, Cameryn
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Geral: moves, draws, hits, hits, bloodies.

Shira: moves, hits x4, slides x3.

Eoli: hits, knocks prone, misses x3.

Archer 1: moves to (J,20), triggers OA, 23 vs Reflex, hit for 10 damage, shoots at Cameryn, 11 vs AC = miss.

Archer 2: shoots at Eoli, 10 vs AC = miss, triggers OA, 18 vs Reflex, hit for 9 damage, takes 5 fire damage.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
21 Shira (N, 16) HP: 23/23 AP: 1/1
20 Archer 1 (J, 20) HP: -15/?? Granting CA until end of Eoli's next turn
20 Archer 2 (M, 19) HP: -19/?? Granting CA until end of Eoli's next turn
18 Cameryn (K, 16) HP: 16/26 AP: 1/1
13 Cleo (O, 16) HP: 17/24 AP: 1/1
11 Bandit 1 (M, 20) HP: -18/?? Prone
11 Bandit 2 (K, 20) HP: -27/??
11 Bandit 3 (J, 17) HP: -11/??
5 Geral (J, 16) HP: 31/31 AP: 1/1
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cleo rushes forward and over the burning sand, which seems to have no effect on the girl. Right as she approaches the clustered enemies she drops down and sweeps at their feet, hitting both the swordsmen but barely dodged by the archer.

Her eyes light up in excitement as the area around her seems to heat up even more than before, clearly by some effect of her own. As the bandits attempt to adjust to the temperature, she strikes at two of them, reaching out to punch the first with a seemingly-burning fist, before turning to kick the other with what looks for a moment like a burning leg. One dies at her feet, while the other is barely left standing. "You should rethink attacking strangers," she shouts, a smile streaking across her face. "You just might get burned."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move Action: move to (L, 19)

Minor Action: Sarifal's Blessing
Effect: I gain aura 2 until the end of my next turn. Allies in aura have resist 5 fire, enemies have vulnerable 5 fire.

Standard Action: Five Storms Attack Technique
Attack vs Bandit 1: 17 vs Reflex = hit
Hit: 11 damage, Bandit 1 is bloodied.
Attack vs Archer 2: 15 vs Reflex = miss.
Attack vs Bandit 2: 22 vs Reflex = hit
Hit: 7 damage.

No Action: Desert Wind Flurry of Blows on Bandit 2
Effect: Bandit 2 takes 5 fire damage, plus 5 more from vulnerability, for a total of 10.

Action Point: Light the Fire Attack Technique on Bandit 1
Attack: 24 vs Reflex = hit
Damage: 12 fire damage, +5 more from vulnerability, for a total of 17 fire damage, Bandit 1 dies.
Effect: Activate an aura 1 that lasts until the start of my next turn. Enemies that start their turn in the aura take 5 fire damage.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Tn. Cleo

Female Hengeyokai Monk 1

HP: 17/24
Action Points: 0

Resistances:
5 Fire

Saves:

Active Effects:
Aura 2: enemies gain vulnerable 5 fire, allies gain resist 5 fire.
Aura 1: enemies take 5 fire damage.

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [X]
Light the Fire [X]

Masterful Spiral [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Mental Crucible: I gain resist 5 fire (or +2 if I already have resist fire of 5+)

Unarmed Combatant: unarmed attack has +3 proficiency, 1d8 damage, unarmed group, can be affected by ki foci. Must have a free hand to use it.

Unarmored Defense: +2 to AC when in cloth armor or no armor and not using a shield.

Full Discipline: Can only use one full discipline power per round, but can use it as many times as the power would allow (at-will's any number of times in a round, encounters once per round, etc.) Can use full discipline techniques in whatever order I like, and if I spend an action point I can choose a different full discipline power.

Elusive: +2 racial bonus to checks made to escape grabs and to saving throws against effects that immobilize, restrain, or slow me.

Language of Beasts: I can speak to and understand natural and fey felines in my hybrid or animal form, and understand but not speak to them in human form.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Cameryn is surprised as his target is pushed back by some force and then consumed by power. He grows angry, but tries instead to focus his attention on the other bandit that was not forced back. Unfortunately, his anger gets the best of him, and he misses his mark. He rolls his eyes, annoyed, and attempts to sneak around the bandit to surround him. The bandit catches him, though, so he doesn't make it far. Frustrated at these misfortunes, Cameryn shouts, "FFYC!"
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard Action: Raging Tempest on Bandit 3
Attack: 7(1d20) +8 = 15 vs AC = Miss

Free Action: Hidden Strike on Bandit 3
5(1d20) +4 = 9 = Miss. To the roller: Image

Move: Shift to K17
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Cameryn

Male Elf Avenger 1

HP: 16/26

Powers:

Leading Strike
Overwhelming Strike

Second Wind [_]
Hidden Strike [X]
Raging Tempest [X]

Abjure Undead [_] *
Divine Guidance [_] *

Thunder and Echo [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Heavy Blade Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a heavy blade. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. In addition, while wielding a heavy blade, you gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.

Censure of Unity: You gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls against your oath of enmity target for each ally adjacent to that target. The bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Sense Threat: When you roll initiative, you can make a Perception check and use its result for your initiative check. When you do so, allies within 10 squares of you who have a lower initiative than yours gain a +2 racial bonus to their initiative.

Wood Elf Reactive Stealth: If you have any cover or concealment when you roll initiative, you can make a Stealth check to hide at the same time.

Armor of Faith: While you are wearing cloth armor or no armor and aren't using a shield, you gain a bonus +3 to AC.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to your creature origin.

Unarmored Agility: You gain a +2 feat bonus to AC while wearing either cloth or no armor.
Elven Translation
[SHOW]
Do I even have to? It almost sounds the same if you say it out loud.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As Cleo's kick sends one of the bandits crumpling to the floor, another burns to death before being able to move from the inferno created by Eoli and Cleo. With the other two melee bandits defeated, the remaining lashes out at Cameryn, striking the elf in the torso.

Go: Geral, Shira, Eoli
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Cleo: moves, hits, bloodies, misses, hits, hits, hits, kills.

Cameryn: misses, misses, shifts.

Bandit 2: takes 10 fire damage, dies.

Bandit 3: attacks Cameryn, 24 vs AC = hit for 6 damage, Cameryn is bloodied.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
21 Shira (N, 16) HP: 23/23 AP: 1/1
20 Archer 1 (J, 20) HP: -15/?? Granting CA until end of Eoli's next turn
20 Archer 2 (M, 19) HP: -19/?? Granting CA until end of Eoli's next turn
18 Cameryn (K, 17) HP: 10/26 AP: 1/1
13 Cleo (L, 19) HP: 17/24 AP: 1/1 Aura 2 until EONT granting +5 fire resistance to allies and +5 fire vulnerability to enemies, Aura 1 until SONT causing 5 fire damage to enemies starting their turn in the aura
11 Bandit 3 (J, 17) HP: -11/??
5 Geral (J, 16) HP: 31/31 AP: 1/1

Bandit 1 (M, 20) HP: -46/?? Dead
Bandit 2 (K, 20) HP: -54/?? Dead
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Shira'stasa rushes to her left, guiding her locust storm along with her. It sweeps down on the bandit near Geral, the tiny insects biting and tearing at his sanity. Terrified, he is forced back once again into the glassed sand. As long as I keep them together, the orc and the girl can bring them much pain.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to I16

Minor: Cast Mage Hand in J18.

Standard: Cast Beguiling Strands from J17 to N21, targeting Bandit 3, Archer 1, Archer 2. Hits Bandit 3, Will 26, for 5 damage, shoving him to K20.
Attack: 1d20+8=26, 1d20+8=14, 1d20+8=9
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 1

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [_]

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Eoli silently cheers his dusty companion on as it batters those bandits fool enough to not pay attention to it, a ghost of a smile touching his lips. However, Cleo's display of firey passion wipes his good cheer away, as the heat shimmers in the area are now so intense that they almost look like a raging inferno. The thought brings dark memories to mind.

Shaking away his mellow mood, Eoli commands his familiar to move slightly, positioning it behind the ragged line of bandits so recently forced together by Shira'stasa's locusts. As he does so, he himself moves to a position in front of the well. He nods in the direction of the middle bandit, and the swirling cloud of debris falls upon him. This time, the bandit was not able to avoid all of the projectiles, though he still managed to avoid a fair amount of them.

As the familiar gathered itself back up, Eoli crosses his arms and leans back on the edge of the well, slowly analyzing the battle. He notices that the glassed sand has finally cooled to a tolerable temperature, and tsk's slightly at that. "We'll just need to be ready to hit them, then."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move:Eoli to (L,14); SC to (K,21)

Standard: Stalker's Strike on Bandit 3
Attack: 18 vs Fortitude... Hit!
Damage: 5 damage
SC can flank with allies until EONT

1d6+4 damage and target grants CA if hit.

The difficult terrain created by Vezzuvu's Eruption disappears.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Eoli An'Audun

Resistances:
5 necrotic
5 radiant

Active Effects:

Powers:

Spirit's Wrath
Spirit Infusion
Stalker's Strike
Call Spirit Companion

[_] Second Wind
[_] Healing Spirit
[_] Speak With Spirits
[_] Scorching Sands
[X] Vezzuvu's Eruption

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Spirit Companion:

kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral focuses his own strength into his blade as he charges at the Archer now that the bandit in front of him was moved, bringing it back and stabbing into the archer in front of him, his blade letting out a localized sonic wave into the archer's ears, disorienting him.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move to J19
Booming Blade on Archer 1: 1d20+9=25
Damage: 1d8+5=9
5 Temp HP please!
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Geral

HP:41/31 (10 Temp HP)

Resistances:
Resist Fire 5

Vulnerabilities:
NONE

Saving throws:
I WISH

Active Effects:
Golden

Powers:
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Guardian's Counter [ ]
Flame Cyclone [X]
Vanishing Blade [ ]

Other Abilities:

Aegis of Assault
Second Wind [ ]
Firepulse [ ]

Conditions: 10 Temp HP
Important Features
[SHOW]

Swordbond: By spending 1 hour with any light or heavy blade, the blade becomes swordbonded. As a standard action, the blade can be called from 10 squares away. If the bonded weapon is broken, the blade can be reforged with an hour of meditation.

Swordmage Warding: +1 AC or +3 AC when wielding a blade one handed and the other hand is free.

Heavy Blade Expertise: +1 to attack rolls with Heavy Blade. +2 to defenses against OAs.

Rose King's Shield: +2 to Endurance. While using a longsword, once per turn melee attacks grant +5 temporary HP. This is improved to +10 if more than 2 squares are moved before the end of your turn.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The disoriented archer staggers back from Geral, giving the sellsword another opportunity to strike out at the bandit. The attack hits and the man launches an arrow at Geral in return, however it sails safely past his head. The other remaining archer also steps back from the melee and out of the hot sands, firing at Cleo and hitting her.

Go: Cleo, Cameryn
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Shira: moves, hits, slides, misses, misses.

Eoli: moves, hits.

Geral: moves, hits, bloodies.

Archer 1: shifts to I2, takes 4 thunder damage, shoots Geral, 14 vs AC = miss.

Archer 2: takes 10 fire damage, bloodied, shifts to M21, shoots Cleo, 21 vs AC hits for 4 damage.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
24 Eoil (L, 14) HP: 21/25 AP: 1/1
21 Shira (I, 16) HP: 23/23 AP: 1/1
20 Archer 1 (I, 21) HP: -28/??
20 Archer 2 (M, 21) HP: -29/??
18 Cameryn (K, 17) HP: 10/26 AP: 1/1
13 Cleo (L, 19) HP: 13/24 AP: 1/1 Aura 2 until EONT granting +5 fire resistance to allies and +5 fire vulnerability to enemies, Aura 1 until SONT causing 5 fire damage to enemies starting their turn in the aura
11 Bandit 3 (K, 20) HP: -21/??
5 Geral (J, 19) HP: 31/31 THP: 10/10 AP: 1/1

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With the ruffians much more dispersed than before, Cameryn takes the opportunity to slip in between Cleo and Geral and take a powerful swing at the bandit that had attacked him moments before. This swing, unlike the previous attempt, lands on its mark with great force, inflicting a substantial amount of pain. "That's for hitting me earlier, you ast."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Minor: Oath of Enmity on Bandit 3

Move: Walk to K19

Standard: Overwhelming Strike on Bandit 3
Attack: 15(1d20) +8 = 23; 14(1d20) +8 = 22 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 7(1d10) +7 = 14
Shift to K18, Bandit 3 slides to K19
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Cameryn

Male Elf Avenger 1

HP: 10/26

Powers:

Leading Strike
Overwhelming Strike

Second Wind [_]
Hidden Strike [X]
Raging Tempest [X]

Abjure Undead [_] *
Divine Guidance [_] *

Thunder and Echo [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

Elven Translation
[SHOW]
You should seriously know what that means by now considering how many times I've used it.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cleo moves forward swiftly, positioning herself between the two closest bandits and the odd cloud of dust Eoli summoned. On her way, she jumps through the air and does a spinning kick, hitting both men in the process. As she lands she delivers one final searing punch to the nearby bowman, who collapses in a lifeless heap at her feet. She then turns back to face the other man, shooting him a smirk that says you're next.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move Action: Five Storms Movement Technique
Effect: shift to (L, 21)

Standard Action: Five Storms Attack Technique
Attack vs Bandit 3: 23 vs Reflex = hit
Hit: 7 damage, Bandit 3 is bloodied.
Attack vs Archer 2: 20 vs Reflex = hit
Hit: 8 damage.

No Action: Desert Wind Flurry of Blows
Effect: Archer 2 takes 5 fire damage, plus 5 more from vulnerability, for a total of 10 fire damage. Archer 2 dies.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Tn. Cleo

Female Hengeyokai Monk 1

HP: 13/24

Resistances:
5 Fire

Saves:

Active Effects:

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [X]
Light the Fire [X]

Masterful Spiral [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

With three of the five men dead, one of the wounded, and now almost surrounded, bandits takes a swing at Geral. His attack connects although Geral appears unharmed.

Go: Geral, Eoli, Shira
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Cameryn: targets, moves, hits, bloodies, shifts, slides.

Cleo: shifts, hits, hits, kills.

Bandit 3: attacks Geral, 23 vs AC, hit for 10 damage.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
20 Archer 1 (I, 21) HP: -28/??
18 Cameryn (K, 18) HP: 10/26 AP: 1/1
13 Cleo (L, 21) HP: 13/24 AP: 1/1
11 Bandit 3 (K, 19) HP: -42/??
5 Geral (J, 19) HP: 31/31 AP: 1/1

Archer 2 (M, 21) HP: -47/?? Dead
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

The dust devil swirls into the bandit again, but the man managed to dodge every projectile whirled his way, despite being gravely injured.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: SC to (K,20)

Standard: Stalker's Strike on Bandit 3
Attack: 7 vs Fortitude... EDIT: Nevermind. I'm a derp. Miss regardless. Still used Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes as punishment for that derp.

1d6+4 damage and target grants CA until EONT
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Eoli An'Audun

Resistances:
5 necrotic
5 radiant

Active Effects:

Powers:

Spirit's Wrath
Spirit Infusion
Stalker's Strike
Call Spirit Companion

[_] Second Wind
[_] Healing Spirit
[X] Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
[_] Speak With Spirits
[_] Scorching Sands
[X] Vezzuvu's Eruption

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Spirit Companion:

Last edited by PureZaros on Mon May 19, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral's blade sings through the air as he slashes into the bandit again. As the bandit falls to the ground he rushes to the other side of the archer, blade pointed at the man as he prevents his escape. The archer has nowhere to run now.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Booming Blade on Bandit 3: 1d20+9=18
Damage: 1d8+5=8
Move to I22, the path is possible.
Minor to mark archer with Aegis of Assault. Forgot to do that for a while.
10 temp hp too.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Geral

HP:41/31 (10 Temp HP)

Resistances:
Resist Fire 5

Vulnerabilities:
NONE

Saving throws:
I WISH

Active Effects:
Golden

Powers:
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Guardian's Counter [ ]
Flame Cyclone [X]
Vanishing Blade [ ]

Other Abilities:

Aegis of Assault
Second Wind [ ]
Firepulse [ ]

Conditions: 10 Temp HP
Important Features
[SHOW]

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

With the remaining bandit left, Shira'stasa repositions her ghastly hand behind him. The menacing figure forces the archer to drop its guard, giving Shira'stasa enough time to conjure a powerful spell. Am-ines, your strength is mine! I will burn this one with your profane power! she thinks, a smirk on her face. Being in one of her first real tussles in the desertlands, the Tenant's adrenaline is pumping strong and she uncharacteristically uses a poorly thought out spell that she has not practiced as much.

She slams her tome shut as she finishes the quick incantation, summoning a glowing ball of blue-black death-flame before the final enemy. She swungs her arm up to cue the strange sphere to burst with a powerful, arcane explosion. The archer, the ground, and portions of the adjacent building are covered with green and blue flame. "Oh!" she cries, surprised at her negligence. "The well, someone! Quick!"
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Minor: Cast Mage Hand in I22. Archer 1 grants CA to all.

Standard: Cast Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation from G19 to I21 on Archer 1. Hits 20 Will for 6 force damage, knocking Archer 1 prone. This zone is on fire, and enemies that enter the zone or start their turn there take 2 fire damage. Shit, that's a building. Shit, that building's on fire ._.
Attack: 1d20+8=20
Damage: 1d6+5=6
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 1

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [_]

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The remaining archer moves away from Geral before loosening another arrow at him. However, now surrounded, there is no where for him to go, trapped between the group and the, now burning, building.

Go: Everyone
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Eoli: moves, misses.

Geral: hits, moves, marks.

Shira: hits.

Archer 1: takes 2 fire damage, shifts to I 20, shoots at Geral, 20 vs AC = hit for 6 damage.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
20 Archer 1 (I, 20) HP: -36/?? Marked by Geral, Granting CA to all
18 Cameryn (K, 18) HP: 10/26 AP: 1/1
13 Cleo (L, 21) HP: 13/24 AP: 1/1
5 Geral (I, 22) HP: 31/31 THP: 4/10 AP: 1/1

Bandit 3 (K, 19) HP: -50/?? Dead
Archer 2 (M, 21) HP: -47/?? Dead
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Cameryn smirks as he sees one helpless foe is left, stuck between a rock and a hard place, or in this case, a burning building and his companions. He takes this opportunity to walk over to the archer, and he unleashes a powerful swing. Unfortunately, despite it looking power, it didn't do as much harm to the man as anticipated. Whatever. Need not waste too much energy on him. He's bleeding and standing in fire.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Minor: Oath of Enmity on Archer 1

Move: Walk to J19

Standard: Leading Strike on Archer 1
Attack: 19(1d20) +10 = 29; 17(1d20) +10 = 27 vs AC = Hit again for both. Wow. (And sorry. I changed my mind of the attack I wanted to do after I made the rolls, but the rolls are identical, so it shouldn't really matter)
Damage: 1(1d10) +4 = 5
Someone adjacent to me or the target gets a nice big +1 bonus to their next damage roll.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Cameryn

Male Elf Avenger 1

HP: 10/26

Powers:

Leading Strike
Overwhelming Strike

Second Wind [_]
Hidden Strike [X]
Raging Tempest [X]

Abjure Undead [_] *
Divine Guidance [_] *

Thunder and Echo [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Quickly, Shira'stasa slides forward, a short burst of sacred words ushering forth from her mouth, and the remaining bandit falls to the ground in writhing, mental terror. I don't want him dead. We need to find out who these men were. She looks up to the chaos she had created. "Quick! Get him away from the flames and douse him off. We will interrogate him later, but we need to get this building safe first!"
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Minor: Cast Mage Hand in I21. Archer 1 grants CA to all.

Move: Walk to J18.

Standard: Cast Beguiling Strands from J19 to F23, catching Archer 1 in the blast. Hits Will 23 for 5+1 damage, incapacitating him.
Attack: 1d20+8=23
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 1

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [_]

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The wounded archer, being the last one left, is quickly knocked unconscious by Shira. The Inn keeper appears from within the building set alight by Shira, which is now being to spread across the entire building. "What in the Gods' names are you doing to my inn!?!" He shouts, apparently quite angry his home has been set on fire.

Short Rest
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Cameryn: targets, moves, hits.

Shira: moves, hits, incapacitates.
Status
[SHOW]
21 Shira (J, 18) HP: 23/23 AP: 1/1
18 Cameryn (J, 19) HP: 10/26 AP: 1/1
13 Cleo (L, 21) HP: 13/24 AP: 0/1
5 Geral (I, 22) HP: 31/31 THP: 4/10 AP: 1/1
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Shira'stasa takes a deep breath before rushing over to drag the man from the burning building. He is heavy, however, and Shira struggles against his weight. When he is a few meters from the building, she stops and turns to watch the destruction in horror.

"It was an accident! One of my spells... I'm sorry. I'll do everything in my power to fix this!" she says to the man, worried at the anger in his tone. She sprints over to the well and looks down, checking the amount of water within.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa's encounter powers recharge.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 1

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [_]

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cleo becomes completely distracted from combat when the inn goes up in flames. She gazes at it in awe as it burns away before her eyes. She had seen fire often when with Marakom, but never on such a scale.

The girl snaps out of her trance when Shira'stasa begins shouting. She looks around, realizing that the fight hand ended, with only one surviving bandit. Her look of awe twists back into one of anger as she sees the unconscious, yet still-breathing, bandit and she rushes over to help her colleague pull him from the flames. "Once you answer our questions I will just have to set you on fire myself," she whispers to the silent man as they drop him a safe distance from the inn. At this she sits on his chest, figuring her weight will be enough to keep him from fleeing in such a weakened state if he does wake up.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Recharge powers, spend 2 surges to return to full hp.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Tn. Cleo

Female Hengeyokai Monk 1

HP: 24/24
Surges left: 6/8

Resistances:
5 Fire

Saves:

Active Effects:

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [_]
Light the Fire [_]

Masterful Spiral [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Cameryn staggers away from the flaming building, wincing in pain. Now at a much safer distance, he bandages up his wounds. He watches as Shira struggles with dragging the archer bandit's body and he snickers. She wouldn't do very well committing a murder. He notices Cleo walking over to help. Don't know how much help a girl of that size would be. Rather than helping extinguish the flames, Cameryn sits down in the sand, groaning quietly in slight pain. He would much rather watch than help.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Regain all encounter powers and spend 3 healing surges to get back to full hp.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Cameryn

Male Elf Avenger 1

HP: 26/26
Surges left: 5/8

Powers:

Leading Strike
Overwhelming Strike

Second Wind [_]
Hidden Strike [_]
Raging Tempest [_]

Abjure Undead [_] *
Divine Guidance [_] *
Oath of Enmity [_] **

Thunder and Echo [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral sighs as the group starts to focus on the burning building and the unconscious bandit. Those two things alone are bad, but the woman shouting does not help. Instead, Geral decides that he should check over the bodies, patting down pockets, checking bags, that sort of thing, looking for supplies. As he searches, he shouts over his shoulder at Cleo.
"He's not going to answer you. Even if he was awake, the man's not much for conversation. He's a Malachite Blade, ex-mercenary. He was kicked out for being dishonorable, sure, but one way or another, he'll probably die rather than tell you anything."

He stands up and looks at her as he moves over to another body, checking for any money specifically.
"If you want to know more about them, ask me. I can tell you anything you want to know Cleo. Including why his group decided to come here..."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
I really shouldn't be the only one doing this, but I'm rolling a perception check to try and find anything useful on the bodies: 1d20=18
Surprised I rolled that.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Geral
[SHOW]
There is little of interest on the bodies of the bandits, it appears they were travelling light or had simply run out of supplies. Checking their arms, you notice that only one of them, a dead one at that, bears a tattoo on his arm. The skin and flesh on his arm is melted and warped from the heat so you can't be completely sure if it is indeed that of a Malachite Blade.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cleo looks incredulously at Geral as he speaks. "Oh yeah? Well if you know everything, then why don't you tell us?" She says, standing back up from off the unconscious man's chest. "It would certainly be faster than waiting for him to wake up."

While waiting for a response, she looks around in the sand for one of the archer's daggers and grabs it, then takes one of the other bandit's swords and grabs it as well. She then returns to her seat on the unconscious man and looks impatiently at Geral.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Take 1 sword and one dagger, assuming we can loot random shit.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
You can indeed. Enjoy your new sword and dagger.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral sighs and shakes his head, standing up from the bodies. Not much to be found on them.
"Because I'm a Malachite Blade. It's no small secret that members of our company have resorted to banditry to survive. Most of them are dishonored members, kicked out for performing some sort of wrong to the company. Tarnishing our reputation. It's very likely these are some of those men. They've been flooding the sands for a while now, gathering other bandits and causing havoc. Their tattoos are mangled, but then, they tend to do that when they're dishonored."

He rolls up his sleeves and shows the tattoo on his shoulder to prove it. Despite the rest of his scars, the blade remains untouched, still the pristine blue as the day it was first put onto him.
"It's likely that they're operating along the roads that lead to Nhai. So these men could very well be some of the ones that attacked us and the other refugees."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Ignoring the commotion between Geral and Cleo, Shira'stasa focuses on the building that unholy flames have engulfed. She commands her ethereal undead hand to reach into the well, drawing up the bucket, full of precious water. With arcane force, the hand zooms to the roof and heaves the contents all over with precision.

Chanting arcane words to her conjuration, she repeats the process a few times, before pausing to see the progress. I hope we can save the man's building. We're already indebted to one, I'd hate to be to another.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Thanks to Shira's arcane efforts, the flames are doused. The Inn appears to have survived, likely due to its sandstone walls which are only slightly scorched, the wooden roof looks like it will need some work though. "I suppose that'll have to do." The Inn Keeper says, relieved but still not completely happy. "You're not leaving him here. You'll have to take him with you." He adds, pointing to the unconscious bandit.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Yes, I suppose so," the Tenant says as she turns toward the living but unconscious man. "If we hadn't just been ambushed by these type not more than three days past, I'd offer to help pay for the repairs. Unfortunately we're indebted to the man who saved our lives."

Time for you to start talking. She takes the bucket from her writhing, zombie hand and personally fills it up with a bit of water before dumping it over the man's head. "Wake up. Wake up! You've got a lot of talking to do here!" she shouts at him, slapping his cheek to arouse him.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

As the flames rose above the inn Eoli felt his fears rise along with them. Images of a different building from many years ago assaulted his mind, only driven back by the water Shira'stasa was hurriedly throwing on the flames. Eventually she managed to put the fire out, and with it went Eoli's dark thoughts. He walked over to his summoned companion, who had now dropped the whirlwind of sand. Touching the will-o-wisp gently, he thanked it for its help, releasing it to the winds.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Regain all encounter powers and whatnot and so-forth. Not spending any healing surges, though.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Eoli An'Audun

Resistances:
5 necrotic
5 radiant

Active Effects:

Powers:

Spirit's Wrath
Spirit Infusion
Stalker's Strike
Call Spirit Companion

[_] Second Wind
[_] Healing Spirit
[_] Speak With Spirits
[_] Scorching Sands
[_] Vezzuvu's Eruption

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Spirit Companion:

---

"So, these 'Machalite Swords'... They are your friends? Quite a riot at parties, I assume." Eoli turns to the soaked bandit underneath Cleo. Now, wait a moment. How did Ms. Fisticuffs here end up not getting wet?

Shrugging the thought off, Eoli looks down at the half-conscious man. "Jeg vil takke din kammerat for pilen tidligere, men han synes at være optaget. Måske du gerne vil have den tilbage, efter at vi er færdige med dig?"
Translation from Dwarven
[SHOW]
"I'd thank your comrade for the arrow earlier, but he seems to be preoccupied. Perhaps you would like it back after we are finished with you?"
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"What the hell kind of language is that? I know it's not Kurnish, that's for sure. What makes ya think he's gonna understand that? Cameryn turns to Geral, a questioning look on his face. "What makes you so sure that this is sucker is a Malachite Blade? I doubt you can just know. There are hundreds of bandits in these sandy dunes, so how can you be sure? What does it matter if he is anyways? He's just another scum thug that plagues these lands. Just a good-for-nothing dwyn ffwl.
Elven Translation
[SHOW]
Just a good-for-nothing thieving fool.