Amongst the Flames — IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: Amongst the Flames IC

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Cameryn inspects the symbols depicting animals fighting an unknown figure. Wait a minute. These animals represent the Gods! But what's that scratched out one supposed to be? "Uh, guys, take a look at these symbols. The animals are the symbols of the Gods, but they all seem to be fighting and trapping this mystery symbol. Not sure what this could mean, but we should tread cautiously."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cleo's trance-like gaze watching the fire is interrupted by Cameryn's outburst, and for the first time she glances at the details of the room. Spotting the symbols that the elf mentioned, she is taken aback. Who could it be? There are only eight gods.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Religion check to see if Cleo knows anything about a ninth god from her studies: 19
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
None of your studies ever suggested the existence of another god, if such a god did ever exist then either the record of it was wiped from history or it is only known to a select few Tenants with a greater seniority than that of Cleo.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"I have never come across anything about another god besides the ones depicted, and I have spent my life so far studying the gods in particular. Either the missing symbol is something else, or there was a ninth god so long ago that even records of their existence have been missing for a very long time. The Great Library has texts dating back to the Age of Myth, so this place must truly be ancient..." Once more, Cleo's eyes betray her excitement. Once more, she glances to Shira'stasa to see if the feeling is mutual. What a find! I wonder what will be deeper inside?
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

At the mentions of necromancy and the skeletons possibly returning to life, Shira'stasa is excited but keeps silent. Perhaps this truly is a temple of Am-ines. Skeletons rising from the dead is surely something that cries of his own style of the arcane, she thinks to herself.

However, she curiously watches as her fellow Tenant brazenly burns the bones. "A curious decision, Cleo," she says vaguely. I'd imagine Am-ines would have struck her down with a plague of death magic should this actually be his temple. But then again, he has not acted on me either.

As the elven ex-slave notes the strange carvings on the wall, Shira'stasa racks her brain to remember what she can about a possible ninth god of the pantheon, or just general Age of Myth texts that she has encountered in her moderately long Tenancy. "What a strange depiction," she remarks as she thinks back to her studies.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
History check to try and remember any effaced records she has stumbled across, either of general Age of Myth divine studies, or that of a possible ninth God: 1d20+12=24

Religion check for good measure as well: 1d20+12=21
PureZaros
The Enigma
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by PureZaros »

As the dry bones crack and burn, Eoli relaxes somewhat, thankful that the skeletons were no more than that. Listening to the conversations of the others and looking around the room, he wonders why someone would go to such great lengths to hide knowledge of whatever that scratched out symbol was.

"We're not likely to get any answers from here," Eoli says. "We will have to continue down." Moving to the stairs, he stands by them, peering down into the gloom. "But... this seems odd. Why would there be a temple dedicated to some entity that the gods tried to capture?" He wonders aloud, almost to himself. Rather than a temple, is this place... A prison?
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Shira
[SHOW]
You too cannot recall anything about another god. You never came across anything to do with one in any of your studies.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Turning to Cleo, Shira'stasa frustratedly shakes her head. "In all my studies I have seen nothing alluding to that of a... ninth god. The idea itself seems blasphemous, in my opinion. But still, there is something central about this strange icon that leads me to think it has a very important meaning to our Gods above," she says.

I bet we'll find more as we move on, the voice in her head says. "Let's continue through the ruins, please." She can hardly keep her mind straight, her excitement pulsing through her from the possible insight of unseen knowledge.
kalis5
Hm...
Registered for: 10 years 2 months

Post by kalis5 »

Geral watches the skeletons burn and sighs.
"I really hope none of those had notes or the like on their bodies. Not to mention that if the first one didn't try to strike you when you set it on fire, I doubt any of the others would have either... It would have been clear that you were going to set them all on fire and they'd have struck."

All the same, looking at the rest of the signals makes him think slightly. Such an interesting thing this...
"You see a portrait of the gods and immediately think the extra is a god, how funny... It could be a champion. Could be an enemy, something great. There is a lot of ancient history we do not know, and this IS a building from the Age of Myths. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a tale about the gods fighting some ancient enemy that threatened humanity and reality itself..."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Shira'stasa takes Geral's tone as condescending and frowns. "Age of Myth, singular." she says, correcting him. "And it was obvious when we saw this place that it predates our written knowledge. Still, you're not wrong about that scratched out symbol possibly being a champion, an enemy, or even something greater." She takes a few steps toward the staircase leading down, turning back to beckon her companions along behind her.

"Let's see what else we can dredge up from this ancient temple,"
she urges.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral looks at Shiras'tasa, realizing he might have insulted her before turning back to the portrait.
"I just... Find it interesting. I mean no disrespect. It speaks volumes that anyone can determine for themselves what a religion can mean like that. You see one thing and guess at it, whereas I saw something else. For all I know, it could be... Hm... It could be the gods creating the first race. That would be really interesting! Finding documentation in this temple that depicts a race as being the first. Would be... Well. Would be incredibly ironic if it was the elves now wouldn't it? No... No offense to our elven comrade..."
He slowly starts making shovel motions with his hands every now and then and then stops, placing a pretend shovel against the wall.
"I'm just going to set this here before I dig myself a bigger hole and we'll just pretend that I didn't come off as an insensitive jerk. Agreed?"
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Cameryn rolls his eyes at Geral. "You seemed like one days ago, so a little too late for that. Now then, can you quit yapping and can we get moving? I'm getting old just standing here while you run your mouth," he snaps at Geral. He gives the mercenary a light shove to urge him forward. He's got the light source. It makes sense that he should take the lead. Besides, it may get him killed quicker while the rest of us are safe.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Maybe if you guys could stop arguing we could go further in and find some more interesting stuff faster," Cleo says as she also moves to head down the stairs, passing the others and beginning to descend slowly. I hope they didn't scratch off that symbol everywhere...
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Walking up behind Cameryn, Eoli flicks the elf in the back of the head, a bit harder than intended. "Consider your words as well, boy," the half-orc grunts before moving down the stairs after Cleo.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The group descends, emerging into a long corridor. There appears to be 4 rooms or corridors connected to it, two on either side. Along the corridor there are another three skeletons slumped against the walls and on the floor, two in robes and one in armour again.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Cameryn flinches as the grumpy orc flicks his ear. "What the hell is wrong with you, you stupid orc?" he snaps. "Could you not flick my ear again?" He quietly grumbles down the stairs, occasionally shooting death stares at Eoli.

Cameryn scans the room and, noticing the skeletons along the wall, says, "Are you going to light those ones on fire too?" to the pint-sized feisty scholar. Smirking, he continues to examine the corridor, hoping that anything hidden pops out to him.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Perception check to look for anything that can't ordinarily be seen or whatever: 16(1d20) +13 = 29
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Maybe once you are closer to them, then I won't have to hear your stupid comments anymore," Cleo snaps back, insulted more than anything by the elf's smirk. She quietly fumes as she moves forward, hoping something would come out of the blue and attack the boy, or perhaps that he would step on a trap.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cameryn
[SHOW]
You don't notice anything hidden. However these skeletons are not on fire and you notice the armoured one has a symbol on his chest. Three upright spears backed by a circle you assume to be the sun.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Shira'stasa silently steps forward to the skeletons, her brow furrowed. I wonder how these beings died. Perhaps I can find out, she thinks. Scanning the visible portions of the bones on the skeletons, she searches for any chinks or abrasions on the surfaces themselves. If they died in martial combat, there might be visible evidence. In addition, she uses her arcane scholarship to seek out any sort of magical evidence that would imply the beings died by non-natural forces. They might have been smited, she jests to herself, grimly.

"Perhaps this temple served as some sort of burial tomb," she suggests as she runs her fingers along the bones of the skeletons. "The corpses may have been brought in already embalmed, clothed and armored, and then set to rest here. I'm unsure. Maybe the ones who did so knew that this temple would soon be covered by the dunes." She draws back from her research in ancient histories, trying to remember of any burial systems that would function similarly to what she describes.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Perception roll to scan the bones for any markings; Arcana check to perceive any sort of magic blows the beings were dealt to kill them, or enchantments; History check to recall any sort of burial systems from the Age of Myth in the Serran area that resemble this: 1d20+3=8, 1d20+12=18, 1d20+12=31
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Shira
[SHOW]
There are broken and chipped bones suggesting they were killed with weapons.

If any magic was used, in the events resulting in the skeletons, then it was too long ago to be able to sense now and there are no obvious marks left by magic.

You recall that some burial tombs from the Age of Myth would have been build underground like this temple. However you haven't seen anything suggesting that this temple would have been used as such. The corpses would not just be on the floor if they had been meant to be buried here and you have yet to see any corpses properly put to rest here.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral decides that it's best if he simply ignores the arguing of the rest of the group. Though one thing is striking him as odd at this point in time.
"Odd that they're armored like this... And we're down two floors. Huh..."
He scratches the side of his head, trying to think about it. Then a thought hits him.
"... Hey, Shira'stasa, do you think it's possible that we came in through the roof perhaps? With the amount of times the sands have shifted, is it possible that this isn't an underground temple, but instead an above ground one covered in the sands?"
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Um, no, you moron. Remember the pillars on the surface? Yeah, pillars hold up roofs." Cameryn rolls his eyes at Geral's stupid idea and sighs. Just a few more days and these idiots will be out of my life.

"By the way, the armor on the skeleton has some sort of symbol. Three spears and what might be the sun. I'm not sure what it means."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
History for any info on symbol: 7(1d20) +1 = 8
Religion for info if it's a religious symbol: 4(1d20) +6 = 10
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cameryn
[SHOW]
From what you can recall, you have never seen the symbol before in your life.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral simply rolls his eyes at Cameryn.
"So are you taking that stance because you know ancient architecture, or just because I suggested something?"

He looks to his side for a few moments, checking his sword.
"Funny, my sword's still here, so something else must be shoved up there. You might want to twist it before you try pulling it back out."

Then he goes silent. He really, really doesn't like Cameryn's tone at this point. The young man is acting pompous, abnormal, especially for an elf, and he's representing so many slaves poorly. He tries his best to focus on the bodies, searching his memories and knowledge for anything relevant to them, or if they are relevant to a specific god.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
History Check: http://dice.brainclouds.net/Result.aspx?ID=HW9NKFA9
Religion check: http://dice.brainclouds.net/Result.aspx?ID=C4FFCC4D

I was going to post normally. But i took too long. It logged me out. And it deleted my post. Along with the rolls. So yeah, best I can do.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Geral
[SHOW]
You don't recognise the symbol as a religious one, however somewhere in a tome you once read, you remember the symbol as one used by the Golden Spears. A semi-legendary mercenary company from the Age of Myth, they were said to command great power and influence in pre-unification Serran. It is often alluded to that they went on to form the 1st Serran Legion, their tactics still used by the legions of today, but to your knowledge there is little actual evidence of their existence other than the stories and legends.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral backs up, immediately, eyes going wide at the sight of the armor.
"By the... Do not burn ANY of these bodies! None of them! These soldiers, they're... There's no way, these are supposed to just be stories!"
He takes a breath and calms down.
"These men, they're the Golden Spears. They're a mercenary company. There's been no recorded evidence of their actual existence beyond simple legends and stories. These men supposedly made the 1st Serran Legion. Their tactics are so good that they're still being used to this day. We... We HAVE to find something we can take back, some evidence, the historical context is worth it alone, not to mention the monetary reward we'd be given for finding such a thing! Why, the 1st... They'd be indebted to us for finding a portion of their past!"

He then pauses for a moment and looks about him, not at the party but at the bodies.
"... Wait... What are they doing inside a temple? They're mercenaries... They weren't raiding it were they?"
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"The Golden Spears," Shira'stasa repeats, her interest piqued. She nods her head slowly, a few vague memories of mentionings of the mercenary group coming to mind after being primed by Geral's words. "Good catch. This makes sense. But look--" she says abruptly, pointing to the marks on the skeletons. "I don't think they were buried here, after all. These chips, cracks... they look violent. Perhaps they were slain while raiding this temple."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cleo turns to Geral as he finishes talking. "You really think telling me not to burn them is going to make me want to do it any less? It just makes me want to more..." She turns to Shira'stasa, as her companion humors the man. "So you have heard of them too? Are they holy warriors or what? Maybe they were protecting the temple from something instead of raiding it."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Only the name, really. I'm not sure if they fought for the Pantheon or for their own gain. I could see them being here to protect the temple, however. I guess we should keep moving further into the temple to see what else we can unearth." She peeks her head into the first room on the right that branches off of the corridor.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral looks at Shia and nods.
"You're right Shira... They were mercenaries. They could be here for anything... Still, that symbol on their armor alone could be worth a lot of money to the right people. We should try and grab some of their armor on the way out. At the very least, a collector might buy them."

Since he has the sunrod, he moves for the corridor Shira is looking down.
"Let's see where this one goes then..."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Shira
[SHOW]
This room appears to be about as large as the hallway upstairs. It is dominated by a long table, strewn with plates and cups. On the wall about the head of the table, opposite the entrance, another symbol has clearly been scratched out. This room contains a lone skeleton, robed and slumped over the table, a spear embedded in its ribcage. It looks like the man was stabbed in the back.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Shira'stasa heads into the room, using Geral's light to aid her. Silently, she stalks over to the skeleton slumped over the table. Inspecting the walls closer, she tries to see anything other than the scratched-out symbol upon them.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Perception roll to search the walls for anything else. 1d20+3=22
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Shira
[SHOW]
The walls appear to be broken up into sections, each one depicting the animal of one of the pantheon. Again you notice the mystery symbol seems to have been given pride of place at the head of the table.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"How strange. The effaced symbol we saw earlier seems to be a pervading theme among the temple. I wonder who found it necessary to defile these walls and scratch it off so brusquely," she ponders. Stepping out from the room, she motions for Geral to follow her with the light, inspecting the room opposite.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Shira
[SHOW]
This room is a lot smaller than the dining hall and it appears to be some sort of storage room. There are a couple of racks of rusted swords and rotted chests, falling apart to reveal their contents. Most are empty, possibly having once contained food that has since either been eaten by animals or rotted away, others contain general items such as fabrics, candles and clay plates.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Shira'stasa snags one of the candles, using a quick wave of her hand to get it to light. She wraps it in a small bit of fabric. "Candles serve as reminders to our Gods that we are mortals below, weak to their immense power. It seems appropriate to carry one while we explore this temple, no?" She steps out of the room, slowly heading toward the second passage on the left of the corridor.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

GROMkill wrote:"How strange. The effaced symbol we saw earlier seems to be a pervading theme among the temple. I wonder who found it necessary to defile these walls and scratch it off so brusquely," she ponders. Stepping out from the room, she motions for Geral to follow her with the light, inspecting the room opposite.
"Who knows? But it is really annoying. They must have hated whatever it represents to go through all that trouble. What a waste of time." Cleo is not finding the cryptic symbolism pleasing. She was excited to come into the temple, and now all they find are some bodies and vandalism. Some people just don't respect history at all...

The girl follows behind Shira'stasa, curiously peeking into the rooms as her old mentor does. As she grabs the candle, Cleo is a bit pleased. "Yes, I think we should. I could make the flame brighter if you like," she adds with a somewhat devious smile.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Shira and Cleo
[SHOW]
The corridor runs for a few feet before turning into a staircase. It descends deeper into the temple, although you can see it turns to the right a short ways down.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Shira'stasa smirks at Cleo's jest. "I think this level of flame is acceptable, Cleo," she says.

"Looks like this is the way down," she notes, turning back to the remaining room opposite this one. I'm curious what this final room would host, she thinks to herself, her candle lighting the way.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Shira
[SHOW]
Somewhat to your surprise, this corridor is identical to the one behind you, except that the staircase turns to what is now your left, making it a mirror image. Also there is another skeleton laying on the floor, this one a Golden Spear.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

While Shira'stasa checks the last room, Cleo goes between the previously-explored ones and the hall and grabs all of the spearheads off of the skeletons, placing them in her pack. She figures, with Geral's previous outburst, that these would be the easiest artifacts to salvage. She also figures that they could be potentially useful, unlike bulky armor.

Once done, she returns to Shira'stasa's side and awaits her old mentor to continue on into the temple. "I am ready to head down the stairs when you are. Anyone else want to save some random knick knacks before moving on?"
Mechanics
[SHOW]
gain 3 spearheads.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Cameryn rolls his eyes at Geral thinking he's such a know-it-all. I hate that guy! Grumbling, he walks to the staircase where his other companions await. Impatient, he grabs the sunrod from Geral's hands and proceeds down the staircase. Moving the light source around, he scans the room for any sort of symbols or objects hidden in the room.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Perception check to search the room for hidden objects, monsters, etc, same thing I've been doing :P 19(1d20) +13 = 32
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Following behind the others as they explore around, Eoli looks at the scene beginning to take shape around him. Betrayal? Or something more...

As Cleo grabs the spearheads from the various rooms, he walks off. Returning to the storage room, Eoli scans around, looking for anything that might still be useful.
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Perception to find things that are still useable or unbroken, as well as look to see if there are any hints to what happened here in the room: 14
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Eoli
[SHOW]
There are still a few candles left but aside from that everything else seems to be broken beyond all usefulness. As far as you can tell, this room has just succumbed to the passing of time, as times have rusted and rotted away.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Encounter 3

Cameryn reaches the bottom of the steps, finding himself in a large room filled with bookshelves. To his left he sees where the other staircase must come out. He can hear faint noises although the sunrod's light leaves some of the room still in the dark and the source of the noise remains a mystery, he is clearly not alone in this room.

Go: Cameryn
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Everyone else can join the encounter, however you will not appear on the map until Cameryn and any enemies have had their first turn. Just post which stairs you enter by and roll initiative.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Bookshelves: Bookshelves are impassable and block line of sight. When adjacent to a bookshelf, you can spend a standard action to remove the contents, which will prevent the shelf from blocking line of sight.

Pillars: Pillars block line of sight, however you can stand in a square that contains part of a pillar, you just cannot move diagonally through it.
Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Unknown:
Status
[SHOW]
24 Cameryn (O, 16) | HP: 26/26 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
? ? ?
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Hey guys, you might want to hurry up down here since I'm not the only one down here. Something's lurking," Cameryn says, his eyes shifting all about the room in an effort to find the hidden creature. Not watching to risk being caught off guard, he remains at the foot of the stairs.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Total Defense
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Cameryn

Male Elf Avenger 1
Languages: Elven, Serran
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 125 lbs.

Speed: 7
Initiative: +4
Passive Perception: 23
Passive Insight: 14
Senses: Low-light vision

AC: 19
Fort: 12
Ref: 15
Will: 15
HP: 26/26
Bloodied: 13
Surge Value: 6
Surges left: 8/8
Action points: 1

Resistances: None
Vulnerabilities: None
Saves: None

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Leading Strike
Overwhelming Strike

Second Wind [_]
Hidden Strike [_]
Raging Tempest [_]

Abjure Undead [_] *
Divine Guidance [_] *
Oath of Enmity [_] **

Thunder and Echo [_]

* Can only use one per encounter
** Regain at end of encounter or if target drops to 0 HP

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Heavy Blade Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a heavy blade. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. In addition, while wielding a heavy blade, you gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.

Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift.

Censure of Unity: You gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls against your oath of enmity target for each ally adjacent to that target. The bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Sense Threat: When you roll initiative, you can make a Perception check and use its result for your initiative check. When you do so, allies within 10 squares of you who have a lower initiative than yours gain a +2 racial bonus to their initiative.

Wood Elf Reactive Stealth: If you have any cover or concealment when you roll initiative, you can make a Stealth check to hide at the same time.

Armor of Faith: While you are wearing cloth armor or no armor and aren't using a shield, you gain a bonus +3 to AC.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to your creature origin.

Unarmored Agility: You gain a +2 feat bonus to AC while wearing either cloth or no armor.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"Ah, wonderful. our little ass has found some danger," Eoli says as he walks back to the others, in time to catch Cameryn's voice floating up the stairs. "Should we leave him down there by himself for a bit? I'm not particularly inclined to join him, with how he's been treating the rest of us. Maybe this will teach him a lesson."
Last edited by PureZaros on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral looks at Eoli and sighs. He can't just leave the guy down there. As annoying as he is, it just wouldn't be right. Seeing that some of the others don't want to help, he thinks for a moment and gets an idea.
"... Let me handle things. you guys stay up here and continue examining things. If worse comes to worse, Cameryn will get a bit injured. Best scenario, he shuts up for a while at having been proven the lesser man. I'll be back."

With that he gives a wave behind him and draws his sword, cracking his neck as he walks down the stairs.
"Need a hand Cameryn?"
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Initiative: 14(1d20) = 14
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cleo thinks long and hard about Eoli's comment. She really wants to savor the look on Cameryn's face if he gets roughed up for being so impatient. However, she also really wants in on the action, and is excited to see what lies below. "Eh, I am sure he is going to get hurt whether we go down or not. I want to see!"

With this, the girl rushes down the same staircase the elf descended, and is awestruck by the room. "Now this is what I'm talking about! Books!" She looks around, not seeing any creatures moving about. "What are you scared of? There's nothing here," she says to Cameryn.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Initiative: 24
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Not interested in the group splitting up in a dangerous place like this, Shira'stasa follows the others down the stairs into the library, where her interests are piqued. Books? This must mean that this temple saw use far beyond the turning of the Age of Knowledge. But when would it have gone to ruin? she thinks to herself. She slowly steps out to examine the shelves, ignorant of the danger that may await her in the dark recesses of the room.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Initiative roll: 1d20+5=11