Amongst the Flames — IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: Amongst the Flames IC

Post by Fialova »

Cleo listens to Geral speak, finding the ranking system a bit fascinating. When he is done she raises her eyebrow, asking, "So if you're a blade, why are you in charge of hunting down these deserters? Didn't you just say that's what the scabbard does?"
kalis5
Hm...
Registered for: 10 years 2 months

Post by kalis5 »

Geral gives a bit of a smirk at that.
"It is true Cleo. Normally, Blades aren't assigned to this sort of work. But I am a Fuller. There's only four of us in the Blades. We're the equivalent of Captains in the armies around here. Most people follow our orders, though I usually work alone. Part of being a Fuller is being responsible for the men under our command. Some of these boys were mine. I'm still responsible for their actions, regardless of if they'll follow my orders anymore. It's my duty to uphold the honor of the Blades."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Honor-bound mercenaries, hm. But if pressed to choose between honor, power, and coin, I'm curious what their actions would be. Shira'stasa grows tired of the explanation of the Blades' organization, shifting to her other foot and sighing. "Will we break bread before our journey or shall we mount up immediately? I am not familiar with these sort of ordeals," the woman asks aloud.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Juliette pauses for a moment, staring off into space, as Shira'stasa addresses her. Once she's regained her grasp on reality, she says raspily, "Oh, I'm sorry. I've just realized that I'm no longer a madame, it seems, but a mademoiselle. Wiping away any sorrows with a handkerchief, she regains her composure and responds, "Yes, I've ridden a horse before. I used to ride along the shores of the lake near my estate. Beautiful horse. Her name was Citrouille, I believe."

As the tenant mentions eating prior to departing, the aristocrat adds, "I can't imagine it'd be a good idea to start the day famished." Why anyone would even think of skipping breakfast is beyond me.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral nods at the both of them.
"Very likely we will eat a meal here. Don't expect anything fancy, some foods actually hurt you before you head into the desert, as I'm sure you know. Expect some bread, a bit of meat, plenty of water. Any meals we can take that don't take from what we carry are all the better, you never know when your trip can get extended."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Shira'stasa is moved by the unexpected emotion of Juliette. "I'm... I'm sorry, Juliette. I didn't know." The Tenant places a hand on her shoulder until the woman regains her composure. "I'm afraid this war will only bring more grieving," she says, sorrowfully.

"Citrouille," Shira'stasa repeats, pronouncing it elegantly. "A peculiarly wonderful name for a horse. Where is your estate? I've visited Imardin a number of times in my studies."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cleo chuckles at the name of the horse as she hears it. "I agree," she says after Shira'stasa. "It's a fine name. Was her mane orange?"
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"As orange as the autumn leaves," Juliette says, smiling at Cleo, before adding, "Though I suppose that's a poor comparison. I doubt you have autumn here. As orange as a sunset, let's say then." At Shira'stasa's questioning, the Imardanian responds, "It's along the shores of Lake al-Farsa, a little outside of Aerlynn. It's a beautiful location year-round. I'm sure you'd love it!"
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

"Everything is ready Sir," Khaled replies to Geral. "The others are waiting with the horses at the edge of the camp. We can go as soon as everyone is ready."
PureZaros
The Enigma
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by PureZaros »

As the night grows darker, Eoli sits in his tent meditating as he normally does. Suddenly a small, earth colored wisp emerges from the sands beneath him, swirling around his head before diving back into the ground. Oh? Ilthan is having trouble. I must return quickly.

Rising from his seated position, he quickly and quietly gathers his things together, leaving an apologetic note before slipping out into the dark desert.
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral nods to Khaled, smiling beneath his hood.
"Good. It will be nice to have something else do the walking for once. We walked from one town to another before catching the boat here."

He gives one more stretch, moving his arms behind him, giving a crack as he feels a kink in his spine relax.
"If they want to eat, I say we let them. No use marching on empty stomachs. Give us some time to have a meal and we'll meet up at the horses, Khaled."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Oh, how generous of you, Mr. mercenary leader," Cleo says sarcastically, with a bow, in response to Geral. She gives him a wink as she resumes a normal posture, a show of the playful intent behind the remark. "What is there to eat, anyway? I can't imagine there is a fine spread waiting us in this camp."
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral crosses his arms as he looks at Cleo. He'd gotten used to her playful behavior so far.
Though, now I'm wondering if her knowing I'm a Fuller won't draw more remarks from her... Too late to regret bringing her along now though. She's here, and it's for the best.

"Funny... As I was saying before, bread, some water, a bit of meat. Forgive me if our food doesn't match up to your finer palette, miss Tenant."
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Bread and meat. How... rustic. Noticing the missing party member, Juliette says, "If we are to be leaving after we eat, then perhaps someone should wake the orc," allowing someone else to volunteer for the task rather than doing it herself.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Shira'stasa nods to Juliette. "I will rouse him. I hope we can begin our travels within the hour. The sun will beat down upon us and it is better that we start before it does so." The Tenant heads over to the orc's tent, raising an eyebrow when she finds it empty. Stepping out and peering around, she cannot seem to find Eoli.

Stepping back to the others, she speaks up again. "Looks like the orc has decided to leave us. He had left a note with his apologies."
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Well then I suppose we must move on without him," Juliette responds, not particularly caring that the orc had left. He seemed rather dull. I likely wouldn't invite him to a party back home. Shrugging to herself, she turns her attention back to the matter at hand. "Now then, where is this food? No use muddling around when we have bandits to deal with. Shall we get to eating so that we may depart?"
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Oh, well I guess we don't have to wait for him then." Not surprising, he was pretty old. I bet all this excitement was taking its toll.

Cleo makes her way to wherever the food is and eats a small amount, grabbing some extra to take with her for the ride. "I'm ready to go when everyone else is," she says, once finished.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

With Eoli absent, the group has a quick breakfast in the mess tent of the mercenary encampment before meeting up with the rest of the Blades accompanying them, and the horses.

The journey to Nhai passes quickly and painlessly, the road still safe so close to the capital and mostly travelled by trade caravans. Arriving around mid-morning the next day.

The party doesn't stop in Nhai, continuing on to Azkahir instead, the well trained mercenary horses showing no signs of tiring. The farm land along the banks of The Gold River and surrounding Nhai's lakes soon gives away to the barren interior of the Serran desert.

Towards the afternoon the convoy slows as you near a pack of vultures pecking clean the last scraps from around thirty skeletons or so. The road is littered with broken arrows and torn shreds of clothing. You recognise it as the place were you were attacked by the bandits almost two weeks ago.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Wow, what a mess. Is this where we were ambushed? I barely remember that day. Cleo pulls the reigns, causing the horse to stop in its tracks. She jumps down and begins walking through the small battlefield, taking the scene in.
OOC
[SHOW]
Any little details that become more apparent from walking through the mess of bodies?
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"By the Goddess... So much death," Juliette says, stopping her equine to better view the scene of the massacre before her. "I wonder if their families even know they're gone." To think, I could be reduced to that too. A nameless corpse on an empty dune, my identity torn away by some hungry birds. She frowns at such a thought, having no mourning, no burial, and no chance for loved ones to say their proper goodbyes.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Bones bleached by the untiring sun, Shira'stasa thinks to herself. I know I should feel disgusted... angry... sorrowful. These were once living kin, each with dreams and goals and emotions. But why do I only feel the beauty from this scene? Why does this bring me satisfaction? The uncomfortable feelings fill the Tenant's head as she tries to push them out. "I think... we should leave this place," she manages to say, unevenly. The woman's hands grip her tome tightly as they quiver from strain.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral looks over at the bones, remembering bits and pieces about that day. Blades clashing, his sword colliding with someone elses... This close, and they never knew...
"Blades out. Everyone on your horses, we're not sticking here long. Khaled, take two men and form a rear guard, we're not taking any chances."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
The only thing you notice is that the bodies appear to have been stripped of any valuables.
The convoy continues cautiously. Making your way along the road you soon leave the site of the massacre behind, however it serves as a macabre reminder that the Ex-Malachiteblades have a strong presence in this chaotic region of the kingdom.
Juliette
[SHOW]
A few minutes after passing the mass of bodies you spot a brief glint coming from the top of a sand dune not far from the edge of the road up ahead.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

The woman squints as she sees the glint over the dune. To her companions she shouts, "I see something over that dune! Something shiny it seemed!" She points off in the direction where she saw the glint, hoping the others take interest in it too. What ever could it be?
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Something shiny?" Cleo asks, surprised and a bit worried. Last time I saw something shiny in the distance I nearly ended up a corpse in that pile we just passed. "We may want to keep our guards up," she says, narrowing her eyes toward the horizon, attempting to get a better view of what the Imardanian saw.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Perception to look for shiny: 11
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
Nope
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Whatever it is, I think it's gone now," Cleo responds to Juliette, keeping her eyes fixated on the dune in question, on alert.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Maybe just a passing mirage," Shira'stasa suggests at Cleo's unexpected alert. "How much longer do you suppose the journey will take?" she asks Geral, now that group seemed to be in a more conversational manner.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral looks back at the skeletons with a grimace before turning to Shira'stasa.
"It depends. But if I had to wager, at least another day to reach Bravais, plus one fight I'd guess. In my experience, never believe that a flash in the sands is just a mirage. This area is prime bandit hunting grounds right now, given the war. It's a good caravan path as well. Thought compared to facing an attacking army mistaking us for enemies, I'd rather face bandits. At least they're mostly inexperienced compared to the blades. Though... some aren't quite that way..."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The party continues onwards. After about twenty minutes another group appears in front of you, heading towards your convoy. Eight people in robes walk towards you, leading a pack horse.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Why would someone be wearing hoods in the desert? It's so hot! If not for public decency, I'd be wearing even less. Cleo looks on in confusion at the approaching group, figuring someone else can speak to them if they like.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

As the enigmatic group of hooded strangers approaches, Shira'stasa furrows her brow anxiously. I've only had poor experiences this past week of strangers on the desert roads, she thinks to herself. "Be wary," the Tenant whispers to her younger counterpart.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Juliette glances cautiously at the approaching convoy. Hm. They look peculiar out here in robes. Let us hope they're not any of those bandits. Perhaps it is better to let them be on their way rather than stopping them with questions.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral spots the hooded figures in the distance and grips his horses reigns a bit tighter. He wears a hood, yeah, to protect against the sun, but these are robes. There could easily be concealed weapons. He turns and motions to the rest of the group.
"Let's give them a wide berth. No need to cause any undue worry being too close to them out here."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Perception Check to see if Geral notices anything off: 20(1d20) +1 = 21
Apparently Geral has laser vision suddenly. Bwoosh.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Geral
[SHOW]
You spot some kind of blade beneath one of the approaching stranger's robes.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral's eyes catch the glint of the sun off the blade hidden under one of their robes. He places his hand on his blade, drawing it slightly. He whispers softly to the others.
"They're armed. Prepare yourselves, I don't trust this one bit."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Are there no friendly passers-by in this desert? Cleo narrows her eyes towards the approaching group and keeps on her guard, ready to leap off her horse and fight if it comes to it. "How can you even see that?" she asks, incredulously.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

These roads are much too dangerous for simple travel nowadays. Elys watch over us, the Imardanian thinks at Geral's remark. Heeding his words, she prepares herself for any fighting, should it erupt.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

At the mention of the strangers being armed, Shira'stasa shakes her head in annoyance. No use in being shy. Not when the last time we traveled these roads, we were ambushed and left for dead. The Tenant sidles up in her horse, sitting straight, and calls out ahead to the robed figures. "Greetings! We not interested in any trouble. I hope you feel the same," the woman shouts, gripping her tome with anxiety. Oh Gods, let them not be foes.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Ambush

"All we require is that you hand over all your possessions," One of the men replies to Shira'stasa, drawing a sword from beneath his robes. Some of the other men follow suit.

"Never!" Khaled shouts back. A response which isn't met with much enthusiasm. With their ruse up, one of the bandits slaps their mule with the flat of his blade sending it back down the road.

As the bandits ready their swords, Khaled charges forwards on his horse towards one of them, however the bandit parries his swing aside with ease. A hail of arrows pour down from the cliffs on either side, two striking one of the Malachite Blades and Cleo.

Go: Cleo, Shira'stasa, Juliette
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Initiatives rolled.

Robed Bandit 1: draws sword, total defence

Robed Bandit 2: draws sword, total defence

Khaled: moves to (S, 44), attacks Robed Attacker 4, misses.

? ? ?: shoots Blade 2, hits for 9 damage, shoots Shira'stasa, misses, shoots Khaled, misses, shoots Cleo, hits for 6 damage.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Rock Walls: Climbable; DC 15. 4 squares high on right and lower left of map. 2 squares high upper left side.
Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Robed Bandit: Although mostly hidden beneath robes, they appear to be armed with swords and wearing some armour underneath the robes.

Robed Attacker: Less well armed and armoured than their companions.

? ? ?:
Status
[SHOW]
26 Robed Bandit 1 (P, 39) | HP: ??/?? |
26 Robed Bandit 2 (P, 42) | HP: ??/?? |
23 Khaled (S, 44) | HP: 41/41 | Surges: 6/6 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
22 ? ? ?
17 Cleo (W, 40) | HP: 23/29 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
15 Shira'stasa (U, 37) | HP: 27/27 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
15 Juliette (W, 37) | HP: 33/33 | Surges: 9/9 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
14 Blade 1 (X, 35) | HP: 36/36 | Surges: 6/6 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
14 Blade 2 (Z, 33) | HP: 27/36 | Surges: 6/6 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
14 Blade 3 (AA, 36) | HP: 36/36 | Surges: 6/6 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
10 ? ? ?
6 Robed Attacker 1 (O, 41) | HP: 1/1 |
6 Robed Attacker 2 (O, 37) | HP: 1/1 |
6 Robed Attacker 3 (N,44) | HP: 1/1 |
6 Robed Attacker 4 (Q, 44) | HP: 1/1 |
6 Robed Attacker 5 (M, 41) | HP: 1/1 |
6 Robed Attacker 6 (N, 39) | HP: 1/1 |
3 Geral (Y, 38) | HP: 31/31 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With trouble having erupted, Juliette frowns angrily. This country is a mess. You can't even travel without getting attacked. Quickly, she dismounts from her horse and, sickle in hand, charges at one of the robed attackers. Sadly, the blade only swipes past the fabric of the robe.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Minor: Activate Defender Aura
Aura 1, while in aura, enemies take a -2 penalty to attack rolls against targets that aren't me. Marked enemies don't apply. I gain +2 to AC from Poised Defender.

Move: Dismount at V39

Standard: CHARGE! MBA on Robed Bandit 1
Charge to R39
Attack: 2(1d20) +9 = 11 +1 from charge, so 12 vs AC = Miss
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Juliette LeMaire

Female Human Berserker 2
Languages: Imardanian, Serran
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 115 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +4
Passive Perception: 16
Passive Insight: 11
Senses: Low-light vision

AC: 20
Fort: 18
Ref: 17
Will: 14
HP: 33/33
Bloodied: 16
Surge Value: 8
Surges left: 9/9
Action points: 1

Resistances: None
Vulnerabilities: None
Saves: None

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Jarring Smash
Run Down
Savage Reach
Vengeful Guardian
Defender Aura

Second Wind [_]
Disrupting Advance [_]
Savage Cut [_]

Shrug It Off [_]

Life-Ending Strike [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Flail Expertise: You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls that you make with a flail. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. In addition, when you hit with a melee weapon attack using a flail and the attack lets you slide the target, you can knock the target prone instead of sliding it.

World Serpent's Grasp: Whenever you hit a slowed or immobilized target with an attack, you can knock it prone.

Unarmored Agility: You gain a +2 feat bonus to AC while wearing either cloth armor or no armor.

Weapon Proficiency (Kusari-gama): You gain proficiency with the Kusari-gama.

Poised Defender: While your defender aura is active and you're not wearing heavy armor, you gain a + 2 bonus to AC.

Arid Desert Heartland: While you are wearing cloth armor or no armor and not using a shield, you gain a +3 bonus to AC and a +2 bonus to Reflex. At 4th level, you gain resist 5 fire. The resistance increases to 10 at 14th level and 15 at 24th level.

Berserker Fury: When you use a barbarian primal attack power, you enter your Berserker Fury until the end of the encounter. Alternatively, you can use a minor action while you are bloodied to enter the fury. The fury has the following effects.
+ Your defender aura ends, if it was active, and you cannot use defender aura or vengeful guardian until the fury ends.
+ Some of your powers, such as your barbarian martial at-will attack powers, gain additional benefits, as noted in those powers.
+ Your melee basic attacks deal 1d8 extra damage. This extra damage increases to 2d8 at 11th level and 3d8 at 21st level.

Human Defense Bonuses: You gain a +1 racial bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

As her request for safe passage is denied by the sudden flurry of violence, Shira'stasa's body is rocked to and fro, taken by a strange trance once again. Wordlessly, she maneuvers her horse around Juliette. She chants strange words as the spectral, decaying hand burrows up from the ground between two of the bandits. With a pulse of dark magics, the Tenant seems to sap the life from many in her way. A handful bodies fall to the sand, lifeless.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Move horse to S40-R41.

Minor: Mage Hand in O42, forcing RA1 and RB2 to grant CA to all.

Standard: Beguiling Strands (5x5 close blast, bottom left square Q40.) targeting RA5, RA1, RB2, RA4, RA3 respectively. Hits all 5, killing RAs 1, 3, 4, 5 and dealing 5 psychic damage to RB2, pushing him to N40.
Attacks: 20(1d20) +7 = 27; 10(1d20) +9 = 19; 17(1d20) +9 = 26; 8(1d20) +7 = 15; 7(1d20) +7 = 14
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 2
Languages: Serran, Tulrissian, Imardanian, Kurnish
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 135 lbs.

Initiative: +6
Passive Perception: 14
Passive Insight: 19
Senses: Normal

AC: 18
Fort: 12
Ref: 16
Will: 16
HP: 27/27
Bloodied: 13
Surge Value: 6
Surges left: 7/7

Resistances: 5 necrotic, 5 radiant

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [ ] **
Shield [_] *
Arcane Mutterings [ ] *

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

* Only one may be readied at beginning of day.
** Can be traded for Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation.

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Tome Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls with a tome. Enemies adjacent to your conjurations/summoned creatures grant CA. Enemies immune to fear are immune to this effect.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.

Immortal Origin: Your spirit is native to the Astral Sea, so you are considered an immortal creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Feeling the sting from the arrow, Cleo angrily directs her horse to rush into the fray, passing her friend's gruesome conjuration to position herself between her foes. Standing on the back of her much larger mount, she lashes out in a display of acrobatic prowess, hitting all of the men surrounding her with a series of blows and leaving one of them with a burning sensation in his chest. Just as quickly, she returns to her seat and prepares to dodge their feeble attempts to retaliate. Always bandits. When did the roads become so dangerous?
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move Action: move self and horse to (P, 40 - O, 41), avoiding OAs

Standard Action: Five Storms centered on (O, 40)
Attack vs Robed Bandit 1: 18 vs Reflex = hit?
Attack vs Robed Bandit 2: 28 vs Reflex = crit!
Attack vs Robed Attacker 6: 21 vs Reflex = hit?
Damage: 12 damage (13 if either are bloodied) to RB1 and RA6, if hit. 14 damage to RB2, 15 if he is bloodied. RA6 dies if hit.

No Action: Desert Wind Flurry of Blows
Effect: RB2 takes 5 fire damage
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Tn. Cleo

Female Hengeyokai Monk 2
Languages: Serran, Imardanian
Height: 4' 11"
Weight: 106 lbs.

Speed: 7
Climb Speed (as a cat): 7
Passive Perception: 11
Senses: Low-light Vision

Fort: 13
Reflex: 17
Will: 15
HP: 23/29
Bloodied: 14
Surge Value: 7
Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1

MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d8+6 damage. (+1 damage to bloodied targets)
RBA: +11 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage. (+1 damage to bloodied targets)

Resistances:
5 Fire

Saves:
+2 vs immobilize, restrain, or slow

Active Effects:
+2 to checks to escape grab
+5 to bluff vs insight to discover I am not human

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Desert Wind Flurry of Blows
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms
Agile Recovery

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [_]
Light the Fire [_]

Masterful Spiral [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Mental Crucible: I gain resist 5 fire (or +2 if I already have resist fire of 5+)

Unarmed Combatant: unarmed attack has +3 proficiency, 1d8 damage, unarmed group, can be affected by ki foci. Must have a free hand to use it.

Unarmored Defense: +2 to AC when in cloth armor or no armor and not using a shield.

Full Discipline: Can only use one full discipline power per round, but can use it as many times as the power would allow (at-will's any number of times in a round, encounters once per round, etc.) Can use full discipline techniques in whatever order I like, and if I spend an action point I can choose a different full discipline power.

Beast Nature: I am considered both a magical beast and a humanoid.

Elusive: +2 racial bonus to checks made to escape grabs and to saving throws against effects that immobilize, restrain, or slow me.

Fey Origin: I am considered Fey.

Language of Beasts: I can speak to and understand natural and fey felines in my hybrid or animal form, and understand but not speak to them in human form.

Shapechanger: I am considered a shapechanger.

Ki Focus Expertise: +1 to damage with ki focus vs bloodied targets.

Unarmored Agility: +2 to AC when in cloth armor or no armor.

Internalize the Basic Kata: I use Dexterity instead of Strength for my MBA rolls when using my Monk Unarmed Strike. My Flurry of Blows can trigger on an OA made with my Monk Unarmed Strike.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Shira'stasa and Cleo quickly dispatch most of the men on the road. One of the Malachite Blades steers his horse into the fray, taking a swing at one of the remaining bandits, although the bandit blocks the attack. The other two dismount as another hail of arrows rains down. One of the dismounted Blades is struck for a second time, while the only other arrow to find purchase hits Cleo.

Go: Geral
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Juliette: Activates aura, dismounts, charges, misses.

Shira'stasa: moves, summons mage hand, hits x5, kills x4, pushes.

Cleo: moves, hits, crits, hits, kills, bloodies.

Blade 1: moves to (N, 41), attacks RBA 2, misses.

Blade 2: Dismounts to (X, 34)

Blade 3: Dismounts to (Y, 36)

? ? ?: shoots Cleo, hits for 9 damage, shoots Khaled, misses, shoots Geral, misses, shoots Blade 2, crits for 9 damage, bloodies.

Robed Attacker 2: moves to (O, 39), attacks Cleo, misses.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Rock Walls: Climbable; DC 15. 4 squares high on right and lower left of map. 2 squares high upper left side.
Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Robed Bandit: Although mostly hidden beneath robes, they appear to be armed with swords and wearing some armour underneath the robes.

? ? ?:
Status
[SHOW]
26 Robed Bandit 1 (P, 39) | HP: -12/?? |
26 Robed Bandit 2 (N, 40) | HP: -22/?? | Bloodied
23 Khaled (S, 44) | HP: 41/41 | Surges: 6/6 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
22 ? ? ?
20 Riding Horse 1 (W, 37) | HP: 36/36 |
20 Riding Horse 2 (Z, 33) | HP: 36/36 |
20 Riding Horse 3 (AA, 36) | HP: 36/36 |
17 Cleo (P, 40) | HP: 23/29 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
15 Shira'stasa (S, 40) | HP: 27/27 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
15 Juliette (R, 39) | HP: 33/33 | Surges: 9/9 | AP: 1/1 | Defenders Aura 1, 2 to AC
14 Blade 1 (N, 41) | HP: 36/36 | Surges: 6/6 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
14 Blade 2 (X, 34) | HP: 18/36 | Surges: 6/6 | AP: 1/1 | Bloodied
14 Blade 3 (Y, 36) | HP: 36/36 | Surges: 6/6 | AP: 1/1 |
10 ? ? ?
6 Robed Attacker 2 (O, 39) | HP: 1/1 |
3 Geral (Y, 38) | HP: 31/31 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral looks back at the blade behind him taking arrows and grimaces.
"Damn, they're just distracting us."
He jumps down from his horse and rushes over to the cliff face, knowing they need to get to the top as fast as possible. He shouts to the other blades.
"Aid the others, I shall try and reach the top and clear the archers before they can pick us all off."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Dismount into X37, then standard to move action to move to V34.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As Geral dismounts, one of the bandits steps forward and hits Juliette. The blow, while not too damaging, dazes the Imardanian and the bandit takes advantage of this to flank Cleo, who is struck by one of the other attackers. Khaled follows suit with Geral and dismounts, throwing a dagger at a bandit once he is on the ground. Yet more arrows rain down from above, this time striking Geral, Juliette and one of the Malachite Blades. The cries of pain and the clash of steel on steel, is too much for the now riderless horses, which bolt away from the fight.

Go: Cleo, Shirastasa, Juliette
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Geral: Dismounts, moves.

Robed Bandit 1: Shifts to (Q,39), Dazing Strike on Juliette, hits for 3 damage, Juliette is dazed until RB1 EONT, shifts to (Q, 40).

Robed Bandit 2: Attacks Cleo, hits for 2 damage.

Khaled: Dismount to (Q, 44), throws dagger at RB1, hits for 6 damage.

? ? ?: Misses Blade 2, hits Geral for 6 damage, hits Juliette for 8 damage, hits Blade 2 for 6 damage.

All Riderless Riding Horses: Panic and leave encounter via the bottom of the map.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Enemy Info
[SHOW]

? ? ?:
Status
[SHOW]
26 Robed Bandit 1 (Q, 40) | HP: -18/?? |
26 Robed Bandit 2 (N, 40) | HP: -22/?? | Bloodied
23 Khaled (Q, 44) | HP: 41/41 | Surges: 6/6 | AP: 1/1 |
22 ? ? ?
17 Cleo (P, 40) | HP: 12/29 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse, Bloodied
15 Shira'stasa (S, 40) | HP: 27/27 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
15 Juliette (R, 39) | HP: 22/33 | Surges: 9/9 | AP: 1/1 | Defenders Aura 1, +2 to AC, Dazed until RB1 EONT
14 Blade 1 (N, 41) | HP: 36/36 | Surges: 6/6 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
14 Blade 2 (X, 34) | HP: 12/36 | Surges: 6/6 | AP: 1/1 | Bloodied
10 ? ? ?
6 Robed Attacker 2 (O, 39) | HP: 1/1 |
3 Geral (V, 34) | HP: 31/31 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 1/1 |
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Being surrounded begins to anger the pint-sized pugilist, who once more performs various acrobatic stunts on and around her horse, killing one of the men and leaving the other two in worse shape than before.

Hearing Geral's words, and growing sick of the arrows flying at her, she maneuvers away from her current foes and makes her way towards the nearest cliff. At the cliff face she drops off her riding companion, skillfully tumbling to the ground and laying on her back, hoping to avoid any missiles headed her way. If only I could climb as well as a human as I can as a cat, this would be so much easier.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard Action: Five Storms Attack Technique centered on (O, 40)
Attack vs Robed Attacker 2: 18 vs Reflex = hit
Hit: heded
Attack vs Robed Bandit 2: 18 vs Reflex = hit
Hit: 8 damage, +1 from him being bloodied, for a total of 9 damage.

No Action: Desert Wind Flurry of Blows on Robed Bandit 1
Effect: RB1 takes 5 fire damage (bloodying him) and takes -2 to hit me until the end of my next turn. I shift to (Q, 41 - P, 42).

Move Action: Five Storms Movement Technique
Effect: shift to (P, 43 - O, 44).

Minor Action: fall prone at (N, 45). Among other things, I have +2 to defense against ranged attacks
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Tn. Cleo

Female Hengeyokai Monk 2
Languages: Serran, Imardanian
Height: 4' 11"
Weight: 106 lbs.

Speed: 7
Climb Speed (as a cat): 7
Passive Perception: 11
Senses: Low-light Vision

Fort: 13
Reflex: 17
Will: 15
HP: 12/29
Bloodied: 14
Surge Value: 7
Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1

MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d8+6 damage. (+1 damage to bloodied targets)
RBA: +11 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage. (+1 damage to bloodied targets)

Resistances:
5 Fire

Saves:
+2 vs immobilize, restrain, or slow

Active Effects:
+2 to checks to escape grab
+5 to bluff vs insight to discover I am not human
prone (+2 defenses vs ranged attacks)

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Desert Wind Flurry of Blows
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms
Agile Recovery

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [_]
Light the Fire [_]

Masterful Spiral [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Mental Crucible: I gain resist 5 fire (or +2 if I already have resist fire of 5+)

Unarmed Combatant: unarmed attack has +3 proficiency, 1d8 damage, unarmed group, can be affected by ki foci. Must have a free hand to use it.

Unarmored Defense: +2 to AC when in cloth armor or no armor and not using a shield.

Full Discipline: Can only use one full discipline power per round, but can use it as many times as the power would allow (at-will's any number of times in a round, encounters once per round, etc.) Can use full discipline techniques in whatever order I like, and if I spend an action point I can choose a different full discipline power.

Beast Nature: I am considered both a magical beast and a humanoid.

Elusive: +2 racial bonus to checks made to escape grabs and to saving throws against effects that immobilize, restrain, or slow me.

Fey Origin: I am considered Fey.

Language of Beasts: I can speak to and understand natural and fey felines in my hybrid or animal form, and understand but not speak to them in human form.

Shapechanger: I am considered a shapechanger.

Ki Focus Expertise: +1 to damage with ki focus vs bloodied targets.

Unarmored Agility: +2 to AC when in cloth armor or no armor.

Internalize the Basic Kata: I use Dexterity instead of Strength for my MBA rolls when using my Monk Unarmed Strike. My Flurry of Blows can trigger on an OA made with my Monk Unarmed Strike.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Juliette screams out, both in anger and pain, and strikes out at the bandit man before her. These bastards! Can't even leave simple travelers alone!
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Shift to Q38

Standard: Run Down on RB1
Attack: 19(1d20) +9 = 28 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 1(1d10) +5 = 6
RB1 is slowed until EONT
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Juliette LeMaire

Female Human Berserker 2
Languages: Imardanian, Serran
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 115 lbs.

Initiative: +4
Passive Perception: 16
Senses: Low-light vision

Fort: 18
Ref: 17
Will: 14
HP: 33/33
Bloodied: 16
Surge Value: 8
Surges left: 9/9

Resistances: None

Powers:

Jarring Smash
Run Down
Savage Reach
Vengeful Guardian
Defender Aura

Second Wind [_]
Disrupting Advance [_]
Savage Cut [_]

Shrug It Off [_]

Life-Ending Strike [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Flail Expertise: You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls that you make with a flail. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. In addition, when you hit with a melee weapon attack using a flail and the attack lets you slide the target, you can knock the target prone instead of sliding it.

World Serpent's Grasp: Whenever you hit a slowed or immobilized target with an attack, you can knock it prone.

Unarmored Agility: You gain a +2 feat bonus to AC while wearing either cloth armor or no armor.

Weapon Proficiency (Kusari-gama): You gain proficiency with the Kusari-gama.

Poised Defender: While your defender aura is active and you're not wearing heavy armor, you gain a + 2 bonus to AC.

Arid Desert Heartland: While you are wearing cloth armor or no armor and not using a shield, you gain a +3 bonus to AC and a +2 bonus to Reflex. At 4th level, you gain resist 5 fire. The resistance increases to 10 at 14th level and 15 at 24th level.

Berserker Fury: When you use a barbarian primal attack power, you enter your Berserker Fury until the end of the encounter. Alternatively, you can use a minor action while you are bloodied to enter the fury. The fury has the following effects.
+ Your defender aura ends, if it was active, and you cannot use defender aura or vengeful guardian until the fury ends.
+ Some of your powers, such as your barbarian martial at-will attack powers, gain additional benefits, as noted in those powers.
+ Your melee basic attacks deal 1d8 extra damage. This extra damage increases to 2d8 at 11th level and 3d8 at 21st level.

Human Defense Bonuses: You gain a +1 racial bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

With little effort, Shira'stasa commands her putrid hand apparition to reposition and issues forth another dark wave of illusory magic. It is effective on the two ambushers nearest her, and they momentarily cower in fright, plagued by vile imagery and sound. She takes a moment to maneuver her horse to the side, allowing Juliette to properly engage.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Move horse to S40-R41.

Minor: Mage Hand in P39, forcing RA 2 and RB2 to grant CA to all.

Standard: Beguiling Strands (5x5 close blast, bottom left square Q39.) targeting RB1, RA2, RB2. Hits RB1 and RA2 for 5 psychic damage.
Attacks: 3(1d20) +9 = 12; 2(1d20) +9 = 11; 2(1d20) +7 = 9[/url]

Move: Shift one block to the right, top left corner R41.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 2
Languages: Serran, Tulrissian, Imardanian, Kurnish
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 135 lbs.

Passive Perception: 14
Passive Insight: 19
Senses: Normal

AC: 18
Fort: 12
Ref: 16
Will: 16
HP: 27/27
Bloodied: 13
Surge Value: 6
Surges left: 7/7

Resistances: 5 necrotic, 5 radiant

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [ ] **
Shield [_] *
Arcane Mutterings [ ] *

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

* Only one may be readied at beginning of day.
** Can be traded for Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation.

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Tome Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls with a tome. Enemies adjacent to your conjurations/summoned creatures grant CA. Enemies immune to fear are immune to this effect.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.

Immortal Origin: Your spirit is native to the Astral Sea, so you are considered an immortal creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Two of the Blades follow Geral's lead and clamber up the cliffs, discovering some of the unseen attackers. The other continues fighting with one of the remaining bandits on the road, to little end. Yet more arrows rain down from the other cliff, however none of them find their targets.

Go: Geral
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Cleo: hits, kills, hits, hits, bloodies, shifts, shifts, falls prone.

Juliette: shifts, hits.

Shira'stasa: shifts, summons, hits, misses, shifts.

Blade 1: Attacks RB2, misses.

Blade 2: Moves to (W, 33), climbs to (T, 32, 2).

Blade 3: Moves to (Y, 31), climbs to (V, 26, 4).

? ? ?: Misses Cleo, Misses Khaled, Misses Khaled, Misses Shira'stasa.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Ambush Archer: Lightly armoured but armed with bows, these enemies attack from a distant vantage point.
Status
[SHOW]
26 Robed Bandit 1 (Q, 40) | HP: -34/?? | -2 to hit Cleo until Cleo EONT, Slowed until Juliette EONT, Bloodied
26 Robed Bandit 2 (N, 40) | HP: -31/?? | Bloodied, granting CA to all
23 Khaled (Q, 44) | HP: 41/41 | Surges: 6/6 | AP: 1/1 |
22 Ambush Archer 1 (V, 25, 4) | HP: ??/?? |
22 Ambush Archer 2 (T, 26, 4) | HP: ??/?? |
22 Ambush Archer 3 (R, 32, 2) | HP: ??/?? |
22 Ambush Archer 4 (P, 32, 2) | HP: ??/?? |
20 Riding Horse 1 (P, 43) | HP: 36/36 |
17 Cleo (N, 45) | HP: 12/29 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Bloodied, Prone
15 Shira'stasa (S, 41) | HP: 27/27 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Mounted on Riding Horse
15 Juliette (Q, 38) | HP: 22/33 | Surges: 9/9 | AP: 1/1 | Defenders Aura 1, +2 to AC, Dazed until RB1 EONT
14 Blade 2 (T, 32, 2) | HP: 12/36 | Surges: 6/6 | AP: 1/1 | Bloodied
10 ? ? ?
6 Robed Attacker 1 (O, 41) | HP: 0/1 |
6 Robed Attacker 2 (O, 39) | HP: 0/1 |
6 Robed Attacker 3 (N,44) | HP: 0/1 |
6 Robed Attacker 4 (Q, 44) | HP: 0/1 |
6 Robed Attacker 5 (M, 41) | HP: 0/1 |
6 Robed Attacker 6 (N, 39) | HP: 0/1 |
3 Geral (V, 34) | HP: 31/31 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 1/1 |