A Tale of Two Orphans — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
PureZaros
The Enigma
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Re: Tulrissian Unification IC

Post by PureZaros »

Seeing the greedy motion by McCormic, Embla barely suppressed another wave of anger. Realizing she wasn't being particularly helpful Embla, with some difficulty, swallowed her desire to maim for the moment. Eyes still flinty, she turned to McCormic and said, "Look, we're not asking you to fight the damn witch. We just need to get to her. If you lead us there and I get to blow holes in something at least, I'd be more than happy to forgive your misdirection last night. She seemed to choke a little bit as she got to the forgiveness part. "And I can be trusted to keep my word. Usually. Either way, you get a piece of the Wellesly's money, while we get to deal with your town's problem."
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Fialova »

"Fight the witch?! Fight... the witch? Man, you folks are a crazy lot if there ever was one." Cormic pauses, eyeing Embla in particular, but overall just giving a look of disbelief that is directed towards the entire group. He stays silent for a few moments, going over the options in his head, before finally responding.

"Ok, I tell you what: I will lead you into the woods and try to help you find this witch, but if she is real and she shows up I am not lifting a finger and I expect you to make sure I get out of there alive. If you don't protect me I'll be gone, and you will never find your way back out of those woods." Ignoring Embla now, he approaches the noblemen and holds out a hand. "Deal?"
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

Drake glanced back at the others, gauging their reactions. "Deal." He said, shaking the man's hand. As much as he hated it, they needed him. Without a guide they didn't have a hope of finding the witch and Garland would stay out of the war until the Imardanian army was at the gates. "When can we leave?" He asked, hoping the answer would be soon if not immediately. Every day they achieved nothing made the Imardanians one day closer to victory.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Good," the woodsman replies, his smirk returning to his face. "Well, if all of you have what you need then we can head out now. If not, you better hurry if you want to cover any ground before nightfall. Make sure you bring food, the wildlife has been a bit scarce recently."
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Caelen sighs a breath of relief, his worries that the group would be forced to fend for themselves in the unknown wood due to Embla's irrational behavior fading. Phew... I fretted we'd be alone on this and going astray in a strange woodland doesn't sound enjoyable. Oh, the allure of money. His relief and comfort is quickly displaced by the realization that he'll have to delve deep into the forest and confront the vile witch. To keep from being overcome by anxiety, Caelen works to distract himself with aimless thoughts. It really is a lovely day. That Todd was awfully fidgety. I wonder what Embla's favorite food is... I sure hope that Wellesly man has some chocolate when we return. I can't believe that brute knocked me out. I hope it's not noticeable. Can cows swim? His mind races, all in an effort to conceal his true fears deep inside. He sighs as the witch resurfaces in his thoughts. I'll just be glad when this is all over. "I-I'm r-r-ready to g-go," he stutters, overcome with apprehension.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Valc excuses himself quickly, not yet ready for the trek. He hastily marches around the market, peering into the different shops and stands until he finds what looks to be some sort of exotic ivory-working shop. He peeks his head in and finds just the right kind of thing that he is searching for. A little pricey, but this will do.

Valc checks his coin-pouch and reluctantly hands over 7 gold coins to the ivory-crafter, pointing to an ornate, ivory warhorn that rests on the counter to his left. 8 silvers left. Let's hope that we bag this witch or else I might starve before I even get to fight any Imardanians.

The lordless knight returns to the group a few minutes after he departed, looking satisfied and in a little better spirits. "We've got a witch to hunt."
kalis5
Hm...
Registered for: 10 years 2 months

Post by kalis5 »

Rorin walks back over to the group once he's done looking at the wares of the marketplace. He honestly can't wait for this to be over and to get paid, if nothing more than for the fact he's flat broke at the moment and needs the gold before they even try and sleep in another hotel. He hopes that their wealth won't be called into question by any of the lords in the near future, otherwise there'll be a number of problems.
"Let's get going."
Last edited by kalis5 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Embla mutters half-curses and darker things under her breath. Glaring at the woodsman, she strokes one of Fluffy's tentacles. "The sooner we get going, the less time I have to change my mind. Let's go kill a pretender."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"I have no shopping to do, so I suppose I am ready as well," Zara says, a bit saddened at the lack of coins in her purse with such a large market to browse. After Wellesly pays us, I will have to come back here.

With this, she looks to Drake expectantly, the only one to not speak up so far. She doubts he has any objects to moving on, but the young lord was not an easy one to read like most of the others. "Shall we be going then, Lord Aerden?"
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Well then, Cormic, lead the way." Drake said, stepping aside to let the Woodsman through to the front of the group. I really do hope we'e may the right choice. He thought to himself, eyeing up the man as he walked past. The sooner we get this done the better.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

With everyone ready to go, Cormic leads the group out of the northern gate of Garland and into the forest. For the rest of the evening the group. At first, the woods are not too dense and very quiet, just as was the case on the road to the city from Greywood. However, after about an hour the trees get much thicker and the canopy begins to block out much more light. In not too long, light is hard to come by and Cormic lights a torch before continuing to lead the way.

After a few hours of walking through the tangled forest floor, you arrive at a clearing. "This is a good place to stop for the night," the woodsman says. "There is not a good chance of finding another clearing before the darkness fully sets in, and we will want a nice open area in case anything decides to bother us." He says these last words with a bit of fear in his eyes, and anyone who had been paying attention might guess he was referring to the night creatures Zara mentioned before.

Before anyone has a chance to respond, Cormic climbs up into a lone tree in the middle of the clearing and lays on a branch with his back against the trunk. "I'm set, you folk do whatever you need to do." Nearby there is a recently collapsed tree covered in barely-decayed branches and leaves, the perfect easily-gathered campfire source. The group makes a fire near the now-barren log and set up their beds around it. It is not yet completely night yet, but the rest of the forest around them is certainly as dark as if it were.
Caelen, Rorin, and Zara
[SHOW]
While everyone is becoming situated, and conversations begin to start, you hear a faint rustling coming from the surrounding forest. It begins very quietly - only barely noticeable among the other sounds emanating from the trees - but it quickly becomes louder and more distinct. Whatever it is, it's certainly not standard animal noises. And whatever it is, it sounds as if it is getting closer.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Caelen relaxes by the fire, the mesmerizing flames clearing his mind of the overcoming terror he had faced earlier. For the first time since entering Garland, he feels tranquil. But only for a moment. He hears the faintest rustling in the brush which quickly becomes much louder. Growing wide-eyed with horror as whatever creature it is draws nearer, he points toward where the sound originates, his arm visibly shaking. "G-g-g-guys, s-s-something's out th-there." His entire body trembles as trepidation sets in.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Zara is just finishing setting up her tent when she hears the sounds coming from the woods. At first she thinks little of it, figuring a fox or some other small creature moving erratically through the forest. But it doesn't stop, and instead gets louder. The sign she knew all too well. Before she can speak up, Caelen does, the young elf noticeably - and rightfully - showing signs of fear.

"Yes, more than one something," Zara responds, as she reaches for her swords. Looking around, and addressing everyone, she continues, "not to alarm you all, but you may be meeting the night creatures sooner rather than later."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Initiative: 14

Everyone roll initiative and link it in a Mechanics block like this after your next post, and then we will begin the first encounter.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Drake rose to his feet as Zara spoke, the rustling in the bushes now clearly audible. "Well then, I'll have to introduce them to my steel!" He said, unsheathing his longsword. "It's been a while since I've bloodied it." He finished as he raised he sword and shield in anticipation of whatever creature was hurtling towards them through the undergrowth.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Initiative: 10
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Valc is laying next to the fire on his bedroll, relaxing from the long hike through the woods the group undertook during the day. When Zara calls them to arms, he quickly stands up, reaching into his backpack for a sunrod. He slaps it firmly against his open palm to activate it, and with a hefty throw, sends it flying in the direction that the elf pointed in hopes of spotting their predators. It smacks against a few trunks along until it comes to a halt, the strong, bright light of the sunrod illuminating the nearby area. He turns, grabbing his tower shield and tearing his bastard sword from its long scabbard on his hip. I guess the tales were true, then, he thinks. "Stay close, every one. We don't want any of these things hauling one of us off into the night."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Initiative: 1d20+2=13
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Even as the first sound of something that isn't a forest animal starts to reach the group, Rorin's already preparing for combat, crouching down a little bit as he attempts to perceive where the first attack will come from through the trees.
"If we're lucky they won't try to surround us. Otherwise... Better hope they aren't melee fighters."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Initiative Rolle:17(1d20) +4 = 21
Perception Roll: 6(1d20) +6 = 12
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"Woo! Let's rip some things to pieces, Fluffy," Embla cried, leaping to her feet. Spinning to face the direction of the rest of the group, she made the mistake of taking a step forward at the same time, tripping over her own feet and landing back on the ground.
"Oof!"
Standing back up she, with more care this time, placed herself in a ready stance, unslinging staff from her back. Fluffy crouched behind her, growling into the night.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Initiative: 7(1d20) +1 = 8
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Caelen pauses for a brief moment, taken by the realization that these creatures of the night were no fable. He snaps back into focus and grabs his longbow lying next to him. Please just be a rabbit.... Please just be a very large rabbit. He knows he isn't right, but he still hopes. He grabs a slim arrow from his quiver, his hands shaking from anxiety. Easy Caelen. He calms himself. Just remember what Father taught you.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
17(1d20) +5 = 22
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Encounter 1

Valc's sunrod lights up the clearing, revealing the myriad walking corpses that have surrounded the party's location. There are many of them, some with weapons but most without. They move slowly and make loud moaning noises when they do, and they are most definitely coming closer.

"Good luck with those," shouts Cormic down to the group. "I hope you can handle them. I'm staying up here." With that he climbs higher into the tree, until he is completely out of sight. The group will have to fight these without his help, though that shouldn't come as a surprise given his earlier remarks.

Go: Caelen, Rorin
Mechanics
[SHOW]
It's now time for combat. If you have still not read over the combat rules, you should do this ASAP since they are now relevant. However, here I will give the short summarized version of them so that we can at least move on quickly.

During any normal turn, each person gets up to 3 actions (though you won't always end up using all 3). You get one each of a Standard Action, Move Action, and Minor Action, but you can trade higher tiered actions for lower tier ones if you wish (they are tiered in the same order I listed them). Apart from your individual powers, you can find lists of standard actions and which type they count as in the PHB.

Additionally, each encounter you can use up to 1 action point if you possess any. Everyday you start with one, and gain another for every two encounters you go without taking an extended rest.

Each turn, post a text description of your actions and include all of the mechanics in a spoiler block like this one. Mechanics will include attack names, targets for the attacks, attack and damage rolls, and then any relevant extra info (extra effects of attacks, save rolls, etc.)

At the end of every post until the encounter is over, include an updated version of your character's combat block that takes into account any ongoing effects, changes in health, etc. Once the combat ends, you may take a short rest to spend any number of healing surges as well as recharge your encounter powers. That signals the end of the encounter, and after your short rest post you need not add a combat block with your posts anymore until the next encounter begins (unless something changes on it outside of combat).
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Tree: (O, 21 - P, 22) These spots cannot be entered and block line of sight for attacks for you and enemies. Cormic is up in the tree at (P, 22)

Tents: Zara's and Embla's tents block line of sight, but can easily be knocked over by moving into their squares.

Log: The squares occupied by the fallen log are difficult terrain. If you aren't entirely sure if one counts, just ask.

Fire: (M, 19 - N, 20) ending your turn in any of the squares makes you take 3 fire damage.
Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Zombie: These shambling corpses seem fragile and weak. They have no armor or weapons, and can likely be disposed of quite easily.

Large Zombie: Unlike most of the walking dead in this fight, these seem significantly more formidable. They still possess no weapons or armor, but their bulk and stance gives off a sense of strength the others seem to lack.

Skeleton: These seem to be the most formidable of the enemies that have surrounded you, possessing both a sword and a bow each, with leather armor draped over their thin skeletal bodies. Perhaps they were once rangers, long ago.
Status
[SHOW]
22 Caelen (P, 19) HP: 24/24 AP: 1/1
21 Rorin (J, 21) HP: 24/24 AP: 1/1
17 Skeleton 1 (G, 10) HP: ??/??
17 Skeleton 2 (AA, 27) HP: ??/??
14 Zara (L, 22) HP: 25/25 AP: 1/1
13 Valc (J, 17) HP: 25/25 AP: 1/1
10 Drake (L, 16) HP: 31/31 AP: 1/1
9 Large Zombie 1 (L, 32) HP: ??/??
9 Large Zombie 2 (W, 11) HP: ??/??
8 Embla (N, 21) HP: 26/26 AP: 1/1
3 Zombie 1 (H, 13) HP: 1/1
3 Zombie 2 (K, 9) HP: 1/1
3 Zombie 3 (R, 11) HP: 1/1
3 Zombie 4 (X, 17) HP: 1/1
3 Zombie 5 (X, 21) HP: 1/1
3 Zombie 6 (U, 26) HP: 1/1
3 Zombie 7 (O, 31) HP: 1/1
3 Zombie 8 (J, 28) HP: 1/1

Fluffy HP: 13/13
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

As one of the first few that has their wits about them enough to act, Rorin draws his hand crossbow and moves to the rear of the party, firing a bolt off at the large zombie to the rear with the intent of killing it quickly before it can engage the rest of the party.
"Zara, Embla, I'm going to need a hand here. Let's kill off the ones on the edges so we can focus our defenses on one point."

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move to M24

Minor to draw Hand Crossbow

Sly Flourish on Large Zombie VS AC: 16(1d20) +8 = 24

(If hit) Damage: 4(1d6) +7 = 11; 12(2d8) = 12 (Second roll, 2d8, is sneak attack damage granted by acting first.)

Free action to reload crossbow
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Rorin

Male Half-Elf Rogue 1
Speed: 6
Initiative: +4
Passive Perception: 16
Passive Insight: 13
Senses: Low-light Vision
Languages: Common, Tulrissian
AC: 16
Fort: 11
Ref: 16
Will: 13
HP:24/24
Bloodied: 12
Surge Value: 6
Surges: 7/7
AP: 1

Powers:

Sly Flourish
Duelists Flurry
Jinx Shot [ ]
Impact Shot [ ]
Knack for Success [ ]
Wasteland Fury [ ]
Easy Target [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Conditions: None
Important Info
[SHOW]
Sneak Attack: When attacking a target that grants CA, deal an extra 2d8 damage.
First Strike: Gain CA against any target that hasn't acted in combat.
Sharpshooter Talent (Crossbow): +1 to Attack rolls with Crossbows.
Artful Dodger: Gain Charisma (+3) AC against Opportunity Attacks.
Group Diplomacy: +1 Diplomacy to all allies within 10 squares.
Last edited by kalis5 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Caelen spots two zombies limping towards him, their incessant moaning proving very unnerving. Getting frustrated with them, he loads his bow and fires away, hoping to impale at least one of the obnoxious creatures.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Twin Strike

Target One: Zombie 4
Attack: 14(1d20) +9 = 23 vs. AC
Damage: 9(1d10) +1 = 10

Target Two: Zombie 5
Attack: 4(1d20) +9 = 13 vs. AC
Damage: 10(1d10) +1 = 11
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Caelen

Male Elf Ranger 1
Speed: 7
Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 22
Passive Insight: 18
Senses: Low-light vision
AC:18
Fort:12
Reflex:16
Will:13
Bloodied:12
Surge Value:6
Surges left:7/7
Action Points: 1

Powers:

Hunter's Quarry
Twin Strike
Fading Strike

Surprise Strike [ ]
Hindering Shot [ ]
Hunt's End [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]
Elven Accuracy [ ]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Prime Shot: If no allies are closer to the target than you, get +1 on ranged attacks against that target.

Group Awareness: You grant non-elf allies within 5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.

Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift.

Bow Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a bow. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll of any weapon attack you make with a bow against a single creature that is not adjacent to any other creature.

Distant Advantage: You gain combat advantage for ranged or area attacks against any enemy flanked by your allies.

Defensive Mobility: You gain a +2 bonus to AC against opportunity attacks.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

The ranged attacks of Rorin and Caelen all hit their marks quite spectacularly, with the young elf killing both of his targets each with a single blow, and Rorin greatly weakening the lumbering larger zombie. But the ranged night creatures have just as much luck, one hitting Drake and the other striking Caelen with their arrows.

Zara, Meanwhile, rushes to Rorin's aid. She puts away her second sword and whips out one of her hidden daggers, deftly tossing it into the large zombie's skull. It seems quite weakened at this point, though it still manages to move.

Go: Zara, Valc, Drake
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Rorin: moves, hits

Caelens: hits and kills both

Skeleton 1: Shoots Drake. 29 vs. AC = hit for 4 damage and Drake is marked until the end of Skeleton 1's next turn.

Skeleton 2: Shoots Caelen. 19 vs. AC = hit for 8 damage and Caelen is marked until the end of Skeleton 2's next turn.

Zara:
Move Action: Move to (M, 28)
Standard Action: Graceful Switch on Large Zombie 1
Effect: Sheathe off-hand scimitar (RP-only, mainly), draw one of her hidden daggers.
Attack: 25 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 6 force and radiant damage + 5 from radiant vulnerability = 11 damage.
Minor Action: Draw another dagger.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Tree: (O, 21 - P, 22) These spots cannot be entered and block line of sight for attacks for you and enemies. Cormic is up in the tree at (P, 22)

Tents: Zara's and Embla's tents block line of sight, but can easily be knocked over by moving into their squares.

Log: The squares occupied by the fallen log are difficult terrain. If you aren't entirely sure if one counts, just ask.

Fire: (M, 19 - N, 20) ending your turn in any of the squares makes you take 3 fire damage.
Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Zombie: These shambling corpses seem fragile and weak. They have no armor or weapons, and can likely be disposed of quite easily.

Large Zombie: Unlike most of the walking dead in this fight, these seem significantly more formidable. They still possess no weapons or armor, but their bulk and stance gives off a sense of strength the others seem to lack.

Skeleton: These seem to be the most formidable of the enemies that have surrounded you, possessing both a sword and a bow each, with leather armor draped over their thin skeletal bodies. Perhaps they were once rangers, long ago.
Status
[SHOW]
22 Caelen (P, 19) HP: 16/24 AP: 1/1 marked by Skeleton 2 until EONT
17 Skeleton 1 (G, 10) HP: ??/??
14 Zara (L, 22) HP: 25/25 AP: 1/1
10 Drake (L, 16) HP: 27/31 AP: 1/1 marked by Skeleton 1 until EONT
9 Large Zombie 1 (L, 32) HP: -34/?? Bloodied
3 Zombie 1 (H, 13) HP: 1/1
3 Zombie 4 (X, 17) HP: 0/1 Dead
3 Zombie 5 (X, 21) HP: 0/1 Dead

Combat Block
[SHOW]
Zara

Female Half-Elf Warpriest 1
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 19
Passive Insight: 21
Senses: Low-Light Vision
Languages: Common, Tulrissian, Imardanian
Height: 5' 5"

Fort: 12
Reflex: 13
Will: 15
HP: 25/25
Surges left: 8/8

Powers:

Blessing of the Wild
Graceful Switch
Second Wind [_]
Disciplined Counter [_]
Twin Strike [_]
Smite Undead [_]*
Healing Word [_][_]
Step Together [_]*
Faerie-Flame Strike [_]
Moment of Glory [_]
Fey Sight [_]

* Can only use one per encounter

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Corellon Domain Features: While you are subject to a charm effect that a save can end, you can make a saving throw against that effect at the start of each of your turns, as well as at the end.

In addition, when you use healing word, you and each ally in the burst can ignore difficult terrain when shifting until the start of your next turn.

Group Diplomacy: You grant allies within 10 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to diplomacy checks.

Heavy Blade Expertise: While wielding a heavy blade, you gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

As one of the skeleton's arrows finds purchase in Lord Aerden, Valcus raises his tower shield and moves hastily toward the closest undead. "On me, Lord Aerden!" he calls out, as he goes on the offensive. The undead figure doesn't seem to react much to his combat movements, so Valc makes a carefully-aimed swing at its ribcage, his blade tearing through the monster's pallid skin. The creature drops to the ground in a slump and the knight sets his glare on the armored skeleton before him, ready to move.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to I14

Standard: Intuitive Strike on Zombie 1. Hits Will 17. Kills Zombie 1 minjin.
Attack: 1d20+9=17
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Valcus "Valc" Torinn

Male Dragonborn Bravura Warlord 1
Height: 6'0"
Passive Perception: 10
Passive Insight: 10
Senses: Normal
Fort:16
Reflex:12
Will:14
HP:25/25
Surge Value:7
Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 0

Powers:

Brash Assault
Intuitive Strike

Dragonfear [ ]
Inspiring Word [ ]
Inspiring Word [ ]
Sohei Flurry [ ]
Vengeance Is Mine [ ]
Lamb to the Slaughter [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Bravura Presence: When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Dragonborn Fury: When you’re bloodied, you gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls.

Heavy Blade Expertise: You gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Drake grunts in pain as the skeleton's arrow finds a gap in his armour. As he breaks the shaft of the arrow off with his armoured fist, he hears Valc's call and watches him dispatch one of the zombies. Setting his eyes on the the skeleton, he moves closer getting into position, before he raises his sword and charges towards it. As he reaches the skeleton, he brings his sword down onto its shoulder, all the momentum of his charge behind the blow.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to L11

Standard: Charges to H10 and attacks Skeleton 1.
Attack: 6(1d20) +10 = 16 vs. AC
Damage: 4(1d8) +4 = 8
If hit, Skeleton 1 is marked
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Drake Aerden

Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Initiative: +1
Speed: 5
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Insight: 12
AC:19
Reflex:13
Will:12
HP:27/31
Bloodied:15
Surges left:12/12

Powers:

Bull Rush Attack
Grab Attack
Opportunity Attack
Combat Challenge
Cleave
Shield Feint

Second Wind [ ]
Sohei Flurry [ ]
Shield Bash [ ]
Driving Attack [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]
Dwarven Resilience [ ]

Conditions:

Marked by Skeleton 1
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Combat Superiority:You gain a bonus to opportunity attacks equal to your Wisdom modifier (+2). An enemy struck by your opportunity attack stops moving, if a move provoked the attack. If it still has actions remaining, it can use them to resume moving.

Combat Challenge: Every time you attack an enemy, whever the attack hits or misses, you can choose to mark that target. The mark lasts until the end of your next turn. While the target is marked, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls if its attack doesn't include you as a target. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. Whenever an enemy marked by you is adjacent to you and shifts or makes an attack that does not include you, you can make a melee basic attack against the enemy.

Dwarven Stomach: You have a +5 bonus to saving throws against poison.

Encumbered Speed: You move at your normal speed even when it would be reduced by armor or a heavy load. Other effects that limit speed (such as difficult terrain or magic) affect you normally.

Stand Your Ground: When an effect forces you to move -through a pull, push, or a slide-you can move 1 square less than the effect specifies. This means an effect that normally pulls, pushes, or slides a target 1 square does not force you to move unless you want to. In addition, when an attack would knock you prone, you can make a saving throw to avoid falling prone.

Heavy Blade Expertise: You gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.

Shield Push: If you hit a foe with an attack granted by your Combat Challenge class feature, you push the target 1 square after dealing damage.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Valc is able to skillfully fell the shambling corpse in front of him, but Drake is not so lucky. While his running attack at the nearby skeleton is quite a spectacle, the attack itself fails to connect. However, he manages to distract the creature enough that it won't fare well facing anyone else for awhile.

As the young knights are facing their foes, the larger zombies rush headlong into battle. While the one to the south slowly moves across the clearing, the one to the north rams itself into Zara, some payback for the dagger in the head.

Go: Embla
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Valc: hits, kills

Drake: misses, but marks target

Large Zombie 1: moves to (L, 29), slams Zara. 21 vs. AC = hit for 12 damage.

Large Zombie 2: moves to (S, 15)
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
17 Skeleton 1 (G, 10) HP: ??/?? marked by Drake until EONT
14 Zara (L, 22) HP: 13/25 AP: 1/1
10 Drake (L, 16) HP: 27/31 AP: 1/1 marked by Skeleton 1 until EONT
3 Zombie 1 (H, 13) HP: 1/1 Dead

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Realizing her slip set her way behind her companions, Embla jumps into the fray eagerly. "Save some for me, you guys!"

Moving to stand by Caelen and sending Fluffy to stand near Zara, Embla smiles wickedly in his direction. "Nice kills! I bet you can't do this though."

Locating one of the larger zombies, she levels her staff at the creature grinning evilly. "Ka'akhor duun dron, khrec dal'daar!" Embla cries, cursing it as her staff glows darkly. Following up, she sends a ball of dark energy hurtling into the shambling form of the zombie.

Embla watches as most of the blast glances off the zombie, leaving it relatively unharmed. "Well. Shit."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Embla to P20, Fluffy to M27
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Big Zombie 2
Standard: Eldritch Blast on Big Zombie 2
Attack:18(1d20) +5 = 23
Damage: 2(1d10) +1(1d6) +4 = 7
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Embla

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 170
Female Shardmind Desception Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 9
Passive Insight: 9
Languages: Common, Tulrissian, Dwarven
AC: 15
Reflex: 14
HP: 26/26
Bloodied: 13

Powers:
Trained Displacer Beast
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
(Improved) Misty Step
Warlock's Curse
[_]Second Wind
[_]Shard Swarm
[_]Witchfire
[_]Crown of Stars
Important Stuff
[SHOW]
Crystalline Mind: You have resist 5 psychic.
Living Construct: You do not need to eat, drink, breathe, or sleep. You never make Endurance checks to resist the effect of starvation, thirst, or suffocation. All other conditions and effects affect you normally.
Telepathy: You can communicate telepathically with any creature within 5 squares of you that has a language.

Eldritch Blast: When a power allows you to make a ranged basic attack, you can use this power.

Eyebite: You are invisible to the target until the start of your next turn.

(Improved) Misty Step: You can teleport 5 squares as a free action when an enemy afflicted by your Warlock's Curse falls to 0 or fewer hit points.

Warlock's Curse: Once per turn you can place a Warlock's Curse on the nearest enemy you can see. You can deal extra damage to this enemy when you hit it with an attack.

Shard Swarm: Each enemy in Close Burst 1 grants combat advantage to you until the end of next turn and you teleport half of your speed.

Witchfire: Target takes -(2 + Int modifier) penalty to attack rolls until the end of your turn on a hit.

Crown of Stars: If target is bloodied, it is blinded until the end of your next turn. If you Sustain Minor, make a CHA vs Will check on any target in range. On a hit, deal radiant equal to your CHA modifier.
Displacer Beast
[SHOW]
Fluffy

Medium Fey Beast
Speed: 8

ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Dex 20, Wis 16, Con 16, Int 2, Cha 6

Perception: 11
Senses: Low-light
Languages: Uh... Yeah
Reflex: 16
Will: 16
HP: 13/13
Bloodied: 6

Powers:
Displacement (Illusion, Aura 1): Allies gain a +1 power bonus to all defenses while in the aura.
Tentacle (At-will, Illusion): Fluffy gains partial concealment until the end of it's next turn.
Last edited by PureZaros on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As Embla blasts the larger zombie, the smaller ones shamble into the fray. One gets behind Drake and manages to surprise the young lord, while two more join the other large zombie in attacking Zara. While one manages to hit her, she skillfully counters the other, leaving it in a heap on the floor. The others slowly make their way towards the camp where Embla and Caelen are.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Embla: moves, hits

Zombie 2: moves to (I, 10), flanks Drake. Slams Drake, 24 vs AC = hit for 5 damage.

Zombie 3: moves to (Q, 15)

Zombie 6: moves to (R, 22)

Zombie 7: moves to (N, 29). Slams Zara, 12 vs AC = miss.

Zara:
Immediate Reaction: Disciplined Counter on Zombie 7
Attack: 19 vs AC = hit and kill Zombie 7

Zombie 8: moves to (L, 28). Slams Zara, 22 vs AC = hit for 5 damage, bloodies Zara.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
14 Zara (L, 22) HP: 8/25 AP: 1/1 +1 to defenses from Fluffy, Bloodied, Disciplined Counter
10 Drake (L, 16) HP: 22/31 AP: 1/1 marked by Skeleton 1 until EONT
9 Large Zombie 2 (W, 11) HP: -7/?? cursed by Embla
3 Zombie 7 (O, 31) HP: 1/1 Dead

Combat Block
[SHOW]
Zara

HP: 8/25

Powers:

Blessing of the Wild
Graceful Switch
Second Wind [_]
Disciplined Counter [X]
Twin Strike [_]
Smite Undead [_]*
Healing Word [_][_]
Step Together [_]*
Faerie-Flame Strike [_]
Moment of Glory [_]
Fey Sight [_]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Corellon Domain Features: While you are subject to a charm effect that a save can end, you can make a saving throw against that effect at the start of each of your turns, as well as at the end.

In addition, when you use healing word, you and each ally in the burst can ignore difficult terrain when shifting until the start of your next turn.

Group Diplomacy: You grant allies within 10 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to diplomacy checks.

Heavy Blade Expertise: While wielding a heavy blade, you gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Seeing that Zara is facing the large Zombie, Rorin decides that it might be best to start moving around to flank the beast, in the hopes that he may be able to slip his dagger into it's neck. As he moves he fires off a shot at the nearby smaller zombie, but the shot goes wide, burying itself into a nearby tree.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move to O28
Sly Flourish on Zombie 8 vs AC: 2(1d20) +8 = 10
Miss, no need to roll damage.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Rorin

Male Half-Elf Rogue 1

Powers:

Sly Flourish
Duelists Flurry
Jinx Shot [ ]
Impact Shot [ ]
Knack for Success [ ]
Wasteland Fury [ ]
Easy Target [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Important Info
[SHOW]
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Caelen yelps as the skeleton's arrow flies into his arm. Cringing, he fractures the arrow's shaft and angrily throws it to the ground. But he has a bigger concern, as two more zombies approach. As he did with the last two pests, he loads his bow with two arrows and sends them whizzing towards the living corpses.
Mechanics
[SHOW]

Target One: Zombie 3
Attack: 16(1d20) +7 = 23 vs. AC

Target Two: Zombie 6
Attack: 2(1d20) +6 = 8 vs. AC
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Caelen

Male Elf Ranger 1
HP:16/24

Powers:

Hunter's Quarry
Twin Strike
Fading Strike

Surprise Strike [ ]
Hindering Shot [ ]
Hunt's End [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]
Elven Accuracy [ ]

Conditions:

Marked by Skeleton 2.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Prime Shot: If no allies are closer to the target than you, get +1 on ranged attacks against that target.

Group Awareness: You grant non-elf allies within 5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.

Bow Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a bow. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll of any weapon attack you make with a bow against a single creature that is not adjacent to any other creature.

Distant Advantage: You gain combat advantage for ranged or area attacks against any enemy flanked by your allies.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As Caelen's foe falls, the skeletons attack again. The one to the south lets loose another arrow, this time aimed at Embla, but it goes wide and misses its mark. The other, now near very near to Drake, drops its bow and draws its sword before making a weak swipe at the young lord.

Meanwhile, Zara mumbles a bit to herself and picks herself up, a bit less weakened than she had been moments before. She unleashes a spinning attack that leaves the large corpse only barely standing and then flips backwards between Fluffy and Rorin. With this she drops her sword and draws another dagger before throwing each one at a different foe. The larger zombie falls, finally, as it takes another dagger - this time straight to the chest - but the other blade misses its mark.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Rorin: moves, misses

Caelen: hits and kills Zombie 3, misses Zombie 6

Skeleton 1: drops bow, draws longsword. Attacks Drake, 25 vs AC= it for 4 damage. Drake is marked until EONT.

Skeleton 2: Shoots Embla, 14 vs AC = miss

Zara:
Minor Action: Healing word on self
Effect: Spend a healing surge and gain 1 additional hp, for a total of 7 hp. No longer bloodied. Zara, Rorin, and Fluffy can ignore difficult terrain when shifting until the start of your next turn.

Standard Action: Blessing of the Wild on Large Zombie 1
Attack: 13 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 5 damage.
Effect: Shift to (N, 27) as a free action.

Free Action: Drop main-hand Scimitar

Minor Action: Draw another dagger.

Action Point: Twin Strike on Large Zombie 1 and Zombie 8
Attack vs Large Zombie 1: 16 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 3 damage, Large Zombie 1 dies.
Attack vs Zombie 8: 8 vs AC = Miss
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
22 Caelen (P, 19) HP: 16/24 AP: 1/1
14 Zara (L, 22) HP: 13/25 AP: 0/1 +1 to defenses from Fluffy, Disciplined Counter, Healing Word 1/2, Twin Strike
10 Drake (L, 16) HP: 18/31 AP: 1/1 marked by Skeleton 1 until EONT
9 Large Zombie 1 (L, 32) HP: -42/?? Dead

Combat Block
[SHOW]
Zara

HP: 13/25
Surges left: 7/8

Powers:

Blessing of the Wild
Graceful Switch
Second Wind [_]
Disciplined Counter [X]
Twin Strike [X]
Smite Undead [_]*
Healing Word [X][_]
Step Together [_]*
Faerie-Flame Strike [_]
Moment of Glory [_]
Fey Sight [_]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

As the undead monstrosities hammer down on Drake from front and back, Valc shifts into a better angle and raises his sword to charge, hoping to strike the zombie from the rear. However, as he rushes toward the creature, Valc misses his opportunity and slows his charge, not wishing to take the risk of barrelling into his companion.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to L10

Standard: Charge to J10, attacking Zombie 2. Critically misses.
Attack: 1d20+12=13

Free: Ready Vengeance is Mine if Valc is struck.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Valcus "Valc" Torinn

Powers:

Brash Assault
Intuitive Strike

Dragonfear [ ]
Inspiring Word [ ]
Inspiring Word [ ]
Sohei Flurry [ ]
Vengeance Is Mine [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Bravura Presence: When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Dragonborn Fury: When you’re bloodied, you gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Drake takes an almighty swing at the skeleton with his sword. Unfortunately he misses once again, disheartened he pauses for a moment, catching his breath, as he turns to face the skeleton once again.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Cleave on Skeleton 1.

Attack: 1(1d20) +9 = 10 vs. AC

Minor: Dwarven Resilience, uses Second Wind as a minor action, regaining 7 HP and gaining a +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of next turn.

Skeleton 1 is marked by Drake.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Drake Aerden

Male Dwarf Fighter 1
HP: 25/31
Surges left:11/12

Powers:

Bull Rush Attack
Grab Attack
Opportunity Attack
Combat Challenge
Cleave
Shield Feint

Second Wind [ ]
Sohei Flurry [ ]
Shield Bash [ ]
Driving Attack [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [x]
Dwarven Resilience [x]

Conditions:

Marked by Skeleton 1
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Combat Superiority:You gain a bonus to opportunity attacks equal to your Wisdom modifier (+2). An enemy struck by your opportunity attack stops moving, if a move provoked the attack. If it still has actions remaining, it can use them to resume moving.

Combat Challenge: Every time you attack an enemy, whever the attack hits or misses, you can choose to mark that target. The mark lasts until the end of your next turn. While the target is marked, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls if its attack doesn't include you as a target. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. Whenever an enemy marked by you is adjacent to you and shifts or makes an attack that does not include you, you can make a melee basic attack against the enemy.

Encumbered Speed: You move at your normal speed even when it would be reduced by armor or a heavy load. Other effects that limit speed (such as difficult terrain or magic) affect you normally.

Stand Your Ground: When an effect forces you to move -through a pull, push, or a slide-you can move 1 square less than the effect specifies. This means an effect that normally pulls, pushes, or slides a target 1 square does not force you to move unless you want to. In addition, when an attack would knock you prone, you can make a saving throw to avoid falling prone.

Shield Push: If you hit a foe with an attack granted by your Combat Challenge class feature, you push the target 1 square after dealing damage.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Neither of the knights seem to be able to find their stride as they both fail to hit their quarries, but the remaining large zombie does. It rushes forward towards Caelen and Embla and repays the strange woman for her earlier attack.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Valc: moves, charges, misses, readies power

Drake: misses, second winds

Large Zombie 2: moves to (Q, 19). Slams Embla, 16 vs AC = hit for 9 damage.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
14 Zara (L, 22) HP: 13/25 AP: 0/1 +1 to defenses from Fluffy, Disciplined Counter, Healing Word 1/2, Twin Strike
10 Drake (L, 16) HP: 25/31 AP: 1/1 marked by Skeleton 1 until EONT, +2 defenses until EONT Dwarven Resilience, Second Wind
8 Embla (N, 21) HP: 17/26 AP: 1/1

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Embla watched as Zara is nearly taken down my the shambling corpses, smiling to herself. "Well, so much for 'knowing what you're doing'."

As her attention was cast to the other side of the clearing, Embla didn't notice the large zombie dragging itself towards her until after it was too late. As the zombie scored a hit on her, she cried out and retreated behind Caelen. "Elves taste better! Try this guy instead of me, you flubber!"

Casting around for a slightly squishier target, Embla's gaze lighted upon one of the few smaller zombies left alive. It had gotten awfully close to the tree Cormic climbed, as if it could sense another living creature there. Deciding that she didn't like things going after her target Embla leveled her staff at the poor, defenseless creature. "Oy, maggot-face! Only I get to eat his brain!"
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Embla shifts to O19, Fluffy shifts to N28
Standard: Eldritch Blast on Zombie 6
Attack: 11(1d20) +5 = 16
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Embla

HP: 17/26

Powers:
Trained Displacer Beast
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
(Improved) Misty Step
Warlock's Curse
[_]Second Wind
[_]Shard Swarm
[_]Witchfire
[_]Crown of Stars
Important Stuff
[SHOW]
Living Construct: You do not need to eat, drink, breathe, or sleep. You never make Endurance checks to resist the effect of starvation, thirst, or suffocation. All other conditions and effects affect you normally.
Telepathy: You can communicate telepathically with any creature within 5 squares of you that has a language.

Eldritch Blast: When a power allows you to make a ranged basic attack, you can use this power.

(Improved) Misty Step: You can teleport 5 squares as a free action when an enemy afflicted by your Warlock's Curse falls to 0 or fewer hit points.

Warlock's Curse: Once per turn you can place a Warlock's Curse on the nearest enemy you can see. You can deal extra damage to this enemy when you hit it with an attack.

Shard Swarm: Each enemy in Close Burst 1 grants combat advantage to you until the end of next turn and you teleport half of your speed.

Witchfire: Target takes -(2 + Int modifier) penalty to attack rolls until the end of your turn on a hit.

Crown of Stars: If target is bloodied, it is blinded until the end of your next turn. If you Sustain Minor, make a CHA vs Will check on any target in range. On a hit, deal radiant equal to your CHA modifier.
Displacer Beast
[SHOW]
Fluffy

Medium Fey Beast

ABILITY SCORES

HP: 13/13

Powers:
Displacement (Illusion, Aura 1): Allies gain a +1 power bonus to all defenses while in the aura.
Tentacle (At-will, Illusion): Fluffy gains partial concealment until the end of it's next turn.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

While Embla retreats, the zombie behind Drake tries to swipe at him again, but the young lord manages to dodge it just in time. Fluffy's sudden movement startles the last remaining zombie near it, which turns its attention from Zara to the odd creature. The corpse rushes up and manages to swipe at the beast before it has a chance to retaliate.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Embla: shifts, kills Zombie 6

Zombie 2: Slams Drake, 15 vs AC = miss.

Zombie 8: moves to (M, 28). Slams Fluffy, 19 vs AC = hit for 5 damage
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
10 Drake (L, 16) HP: 25/31 AP: 1/1 marked by Skeleton 1 until EONT, +2 defenses until EONT Dwarven Resilience, Second Wind
3 Zombie 6 (U, 26) HP: 1/1 Dead

Fluffy HP: 8/13
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

With the Large Zombie now dead and only one remaining, Rorin feels that it is time to start mopping up this fairly quick fight, moving down past some of the trees and firing a shot at the Skeleton sitting down there. Despite it's attempt to apparently try and flee into the woods, Rorin manages to land a shot on it, the bolt slamming into white bone.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move to U25
Sly Flourish on Skeleton 2 VS AC: 12(1d20) +8 = 20
Damage: 1(1d6) +7 = 8
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Rorin

Male Half-Elf Rogue 1

Powers:

Sly Flourish
Duelists Flurry
Jinx Shot [ ]
Impact Shot [ ]
Knack for Success [ ]
Wasteland Fury [ ]
Easy Target [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Important Info
[SHOW]
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With the monstrous zombie upon him, Caelen moves beside Embla, hoping the log would provide some difficulty for the abomination reaching him. He glances over to see Valc and Drake surrounding one of the pathetic rotting corpses. Hoping to put it out of its misery and to provide some damage to the approaching undead creature before him, Caelen launches two arrows.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Shift to O18

Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Big Zombie 2

Target One: Big Zombie 2
Attack: 13(1d20) +8 = 21 vs. AC
Damage: 7(1d10) +4(1d6) +1 = 12

Target Two: Zombie 2
Attack: 10(1d20) +10 = 20 vs. AC
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Caelen

Male Elf Ranger 1

Powers:

Hunter's Quarry
Twin Strike
Fading Strike

Surprise Strike [ ]
Hindering Shot [ ]
Hunt's End [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]
Elven Accuracy [ ]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As the two ranged-weapon fighters both hit their marks, the skeletons once again attack. While one fails to hit Drake with its sword, the other repays Rorin for the bolt he shot into it moments before with an arrow.

Meanwhile, Zara once again fails to hit the last remaining zombie near her. What was in that wine? This is not me. Not wanting to waste anymore time on it, and feeling that Fluffy could easily handle the foe, she follows Rorin towards the skeleton that had been filling everyone with arrows.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Rorin: moves, hits

Caelen: shifts, hits both, kills Zombie 2

Skeleton 1: Slashes at Drake, 8 vs AC = miss

Skeleton 2: Shoots Rorin, 20 vs AC = hit for 8 damage, Rorin is marked until EONT

Zara:
Standard Action: Graceful Switch on Zombie 8
Effect: Draw her other scimitar back out
Attack: 11 vs AC = miss

Move Action: move to (T, 26)
Zombie 8 gets an OA, 15 vs AC = miss.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
21 Rorin (J, 21) HP: 16/24 AP: 1/1 marked by Skeleton 2 until EONT
17 Skeleton 2 (AA, 27) HP: -8/??
14 Zara (L, 22) HP: 13/25 AP: 0/1 Disciplined Counter, Healing Word 1/2, Twin Strike
10 Drake (L, 16) HP: 25/31 AP: 1/1 +2 defenses until EONT Dwarven Resilience, Second Wind
9 Large Zombie 2 (W, 11) HP: -19/?? cursed by Embla, Caelen's quarry
3 Zombie 2 (K, 9) HP: 1/1 Dead

Combat Block
[SHOW]
Zara

Powers:

Blessing of the Wild
Graceful Switch
Second Wind [_]
Disciplined Counter [X]
Twin Strike [X]
Smite Undead [_]*
Healing Word [X][_]
Step Together [_]*
Faerie-Flame Strike [_]
Moment of Glory [_]
Fey Sight [_]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As Caelen's arrow finds the Zombie behind him, Drake moves to the side to give Valc a clear line of attack on the skeleton. Drake decides to employ a tactic he would often use in melee tournaments. He feints one way with his shield before launching another attack at the skeleton. However yet again he fails to land a blow. I must have had a bit too much of that drugged wine.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Shift to G9

Standard: Shield Feint on Skeleton 1

Attack: 1(1d20) +9 = 10 vs. AC

Combat Block
[SHOW]
Drake Aerden

Male Dwarf Fighter 1

Powers:

Bull Rush Attack
Grab Attack
Opportunity Attack
Combat Challenge
Cleave
Shield Feint

Second Wind [ ]
Sohei Flurry [ ]
Shield Bash [ ]
Driving Attack [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [x]
Dwarven Resilience [x]

Conditions:

Marked by Skeleton 1
Important Features:
[SHOW]

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Lord Aerden steels himself as the battle turns gritty, and Valc cheers as the man cuts down one of the undead monstrosities. While his compatriot fails to find an opening on the remaining skeleton, Valc slides around and swings from the back at the creature. While the cut itself hardly harms the skeleton, Valc's bastard sword knocks one of its bones astray, leaving it open for an easy follow-up from Lord Aerden.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to G11

Standard: Intuitive Strike on Skeleton 1. Hits Will 23 for... 1 damage. Allies with CA on Skeleton 1 receive a +2 bonus to attack TSNT.
Attack: 1d20+11=23
Damage: 1d10=1

Combat Block
[SHOW]
Valcus "Valc" Torinn

Powers:

Brash Assault
Intuitive Strike

Dragonfear [ ]
Inspiring Word [ ]
Inspiring Word [ ]
Sohei Flurry [ ]
Vengeance Is Mine [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]

Battlefront Shift: Upon rolling initiative, one ally within 3 squares of Valc (or Valc) may shift half their speed.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Drake's poor luck continues, but Valc manages to land a hit against the skeleton, even if only barely. Elsewhere, the last remaining larger zombie slowly rams itself into Embla, leaving the woman in a weakened state.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Drake: shifts, misses, marks

Valc: moves, hits, readies action

Large Zombie 2: moves to (P, 19). Slams Embla, 25 vs AC = hit for 8 damage. Embla is bloodied.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
17 Skeleton 1 (G, 10) HP: -1/?? marked by Drake until EONT, allies with CA gain +2 to attack until Valc SONT
14 Zara (L, 22) HP: 13/25 AP: 0/1 Disciplined Counter, Healing Word 1/2, Twin Strike
10 Drake (L, 16) HP: 25/31 AP: 1/1 Dwarven Resilience, Second Wind
9 Large Zombie 2 (W, 11) HP: -19/?? cursed by Embla, Caelen's quarry
8 Embla (N, 21) HP: 9/26 AP: 1/1 Bloodied

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Reeling from the zombie's clumsy, albeit damaging, attack, Embla decided that her position was decidedly unhealthy (and somewhat smelly). Bursting into millions of tiny particles, her dusty form whirled around the zombie, disorienting it and opening the way for her to take advantage of it's dropped defenses.

The dust cloud swirled away towards the far side of the fire, where Embla reformed. As soon as she was able, she began shouting to no one in particular. "Okay! Who thought it would be a good idea to put the ranged people against the melee with no support?" Noticing her beast companion standing off against the last of the small zombies, she called out to him. "Fluffy! Rape it!"

---
Hearing his master's command, Fluffy whipped his tentacles out, wrapping one around the torso of the corpse and lifting it into the air. The second tentacle dipped low, slid between the corpse's legs, and forced its way into the anal cavity of his captive. Being dead and all, the corpse was very relaxed, so progress was made quickly until Fluffy encountered the problem of intestinal walls.

He didn't really take notice though, and the tentacle continued straight up through the intestines, stomach and chest, tearing through flesh and cracking bones alike, until the end of the tentacle finally burst out of the creatures mouth, tearing its jaw off. Releasing the constricting tentacle from around the now dead zombie, Fluffy brought the re-corpsed corpse closer and began gnawing on an arm.
---

Seeing that Fluffy had taken care of his quarry, Embla turned her attention back to the larger zombie, now safely distanced and hopefully deterred by the fire. she lowered her staff at it once again, eyes narrowing and a hard edge coming to her voice. "You, I'm getting decidedly tired of," she said, eyes blazing with hate.

Opening her hand to the campfire, Embla steals some of the twisting flames and gathers them into her hand as a single small, bright flame. She motions toward the zombie and the flame disappears. At first nothing seems to happen, but then the zombie's eyes begin to glow and smoke issues from various pores on its body. The glow steadily grows brighter, until the corpse suddenly erupts into flame, burning to the point where it can't effectively attack for the next while.

Embla smiled. "I've always loved the smell of burning flesh."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Shard Swarm on Big Zombie 2, Big Zombie grants CA to all attackers until EONT. Embla teleports to L20.

Standard: Fluffy uses Tentacle on Zombie 8, 14(1d20) +6 = 20 vs AC, hit.

AP: Embla uses Witchfire on Big Zombie 2, 17(1d20) +7 = 24 vs AC, hit.
Damage: 9(3d6) +4 = 13 fire damage, Big Zombie 2 gets -5 to attack rolls until the EONT.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Embla

HP: 9/26

Powers:
Trained Displacer Beast
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
(Improved) Misty Step
Warlock's Curse
[_]Second Wind
[X]Shard Swarm
[X]Witchfire
[_]Crown of Stars
Important Stuff
[SHOW]

Displacer Beast
[SHOW]
Fluffy

Medium Fey Beast

ABILITY SCORES

HP: 8/13

Powers:
Last edited by PureZaros on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Embla: teleports, Fluffy kills, Action Points: hits and bloodies Large Zombie 2
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
17 Skeleton 1 (G, 10) HP: -1/?? marked by Drake until EONT, allies with CA gain +2 to attack until Valc SONT
9 Large Zombie 2 (W, 11) HP: -32/?? Bloodied cursed by Embla, Caelen's quarry, -5 to attacks until Embla EONT and grants her CA until her EONT
8 Embla (N, 21) HP: 9/26 AP: 0/1 Bloodied, Shard Swarm, Witchfire
3 Zombie 8 (J, 28) HP: 1/1 Dead

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With the lumbering zombie approaching further, Caelen steps back a little. Caelen watches from his position as Embla sets fire to the zombie.... while it stands on his bedroll. "Oh, come on! Really? Had to be on my bedroll? Great. Just great. He groans in annoyance and fires an arrow straight at the zombie with little respect for property. Noticing Valc and Drake's struggle with the skeleton, he also sends one toward the bony mass.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Shift to N17

Target One: Big Zombie 2
Attack: 9(1d20) +9 = 18 vs. AC
Damage: 5(1d10) +6(1d6) +1 = 12

Target Two: Skeleton 1
Attack: 12(1d20) +10 = 22 +2 vs. AC
Damage: 10(1d10) = 10

No Action: Surprise Strike on Skeleton 1. Skeleton 1 is dazed until the end of Caelen's next turn.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Caelen

Male Elf Ranger 1

Powers:

Hunter's Quarry
Twin Strike
Fading Strike

Surprise Strike [X]
Hindering Shot [ ]
Hunt's End [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]
Elven Accuracy [ ]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]

kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Rorin sighs as the skeleton stays standing, tearing the arrow it shot out of his shoulder and throwing it onto the ground.
"Let's add that scar to the ever growing list shall we?"
He grumbles as he takes aim with his crossbow, firing a blunted bolt in the hopes that impact will hurt a bit more than a sharp point. The bolt goes wild though and he curses out loud.
"This has not been my week..."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Impact Shot on Skeleton 2:3(1d20) +8 = 11
Don't move and I doubt that hits.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Rorin

Male Half-Elf Rogue 1

Powers:

Sly Flourish
Duelists Flurry
Jinx Shot [ ]
Impact Shot [X]
Knack for Success [ ]
Wasteland Fury [ ]
Easy Target [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Important Info
[SHOW]
Last edited by kalis5 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As Caelen finishes off yet another foe, and Rorin fails to hit his mark, the skeletons once again lash out. The one to the north turns its attention to its more accurate foe, but fails to land a hit. Drake takes advantage of this opportunity to finally land a blow against the creature. The other once again loads an arrow and fires at Rorin, this time only landing a glancing bow against the man.

As soon as the souther skeleton fires, Zara takes the opening and rushes forward. For a brief moment her sword glows with the same strange marking as on her hands and feet, and she takes a swing. The blade only grazes the skeleton, but that's all she needs and its bones begin to sizzle and crack from contact with her divinely-infused weapon.

Go: Everyone
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Caelen: shifts, hits both, kills Large Zombie 2 and dazes Skeleton 1

Rorin: Does some unspecified move that misses

Skeleton 1: Slashes at Valc, 14 vs AC = miss. Valc is marked until EONT.
Drake use Combat Challenege: 23 vs AC = hit for 11 damage.

Skeleton 2: Shoots Rorin, 27 vs AC = hit for 3 damage. Rorin is marked until EONT.

Zara:
Move Action: Move to (Z, 26)

Standard Action: Smite Undead on Skeleton 2
Attack: 11 vs Will = miss
Damage: 9/2 = 4 radiant damage, +5 more from vulnerability for a total of 9 damage.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
22 Caelen (P, 19) HP: 16/24 AP: 1/1 Surprise Strike
21 Rorin (J, 21) HP: 13/24 AP: 1/1 marked by Skeleton 2 until EONT
17 Skeleton 1 (G, 10) HP: -22/?? marked by Drake until EONT, allies with CA gain +2 to attack until Valc SONT, dazed until Caelen EONT
17 Skeleton 2 (AA, 27) HP: -17/??
14 Zara (L, 22) HP: 13/25 AP: 0/1 Disciplined Counter, Healing Word 1/2, Twin Strike, Smite Undead
13 Valc (J, 17) HP: 25/25 AP: 1/1 marked by Skeleton 1 until EONT
9 Large Zombie 2 (W, 11) HP: -41/?? Dead
8 Embla (N, 21) HP: 9/26 AP: 0/1 Bloodied, Shard Swarm, Witchfire

Fluffy HP: 8/13 grants +1 to defenses of adjacent allies.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Zara

Powers:

Blessing of the Wild
Graceful Switch
Second Wind [_]
Disciplined Counter [X]
Twin Strike [X]
Smite Undead [X]*
Healing Word [X][_]
Step Together [X]*
Faerie-Flame Strike [_]
Moment of Glory [_]
Fey Sight [_]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Valc, Lord Aerden, and the skeleton creature trade blows back and forth, Valc finds an opening and takes two quick strikes at the undead. One of the swings connect, leaving an opening for another arrow from the elf or a swing from Drake.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Intuitive Strike on Skeleton 1. Hits Will 29 for 3 damage. Allies with CA on Skeleton 1 receive a +2 bonus to attack TSNT.
Attack: 1d20+11=29
Damage: 1d10=3

Minor: Sohei Flurry on Skeleton 1. Misses AC 14.
Attack: 1d20+11=14

Combat Block
[SHOW]
Valcus "Valc" Torinn

Powers:

Brash Assault
Intuitive Strike

Dragonfear [ ]
Inspiring Word [ ]
Inspiring Word [ ]
Sohei Flurry [ ]
Vengeance Is Mine [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Conditions:

Marked by Skeleton 1 TENT
Important Features:
[SHOW]

Battlefront Shift: Upon rolling initiative, one ally within 3 squares of Valc (or Valc) may shift half their speed.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

With the Skeleton taking an arrow and hits from both himself and Valc, Drake goes in for another attack. He tries feinting with his shield once again, and this time he manages to confuse the skeleton and score a hit. Seeing an opening, he has another swing at the skeleton, making use of the confusion caused by his feint, he hits the target once again, albeit relatively lightly.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Shield Feint on Skeleton 1

Attack: 8(1d20)+11=19 vs. AC

Damage: 1(1d8) +4 = 5

Drake gains a +3 power bonus to next attack roll against Skeleton 1 until EONT.

Minor: Sohei flurry on Skeleton 1

Attack: 5(1d20) +14 = 19 vs. AC

Damage: 2(1d8) = 2

Combat Block
[SHOW]
Drake Aerden

Male Dwarf Fighter 1

Powers:

Bull Rush Attack
Grab Attack
Opportunity Attack
Combat Challenge
Cleave
Shield Feint

Second Wind [ ]
Sohei Flurry [x]
Shield Bash [ ]
Driving Attack [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [x]
Dwarven Resilience [x]

Conditions:

Important Features:
[SHOW]

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

As the large zombie keels over onto Caelen's bedroll, Embla's body crumbles to dust once more. The last thing to disappear is her satisfied smile. Her form flows over the ground to a point closer to the skeleton Valc and Drake are fighting. Reforming herself, Embla curses the skeleton and then walks back to the fire. Fluffy, having taken care of his foe, heads to stand by Rorin, bolstering the rogue's defenses.

Embla hold out her hand, pointing at the skeleton that Valc and Drake are fighting. A single beam of light launches from her palm, flying towards its target. Mid-flight, the beam changes form, forking at the head and forming the undulating body of a serpent. The light hits the skeleton in the form of a two-headed adder, both heads picking an eye socket and burying themselves deep in their respective holes. In the same moment, the body splits in half and the two ethereal snakes slither up into the skull of the skeleton, destroying what little thoughts it could have in the process and removing the caster from sight.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Free Action: (Improved) Misty Step teleports Embla to M15

Minor: Warlock's Curse on Skeleton 1

Move: Embla moves to O20, Fluffy moves to T24

Standard: Embla casts Eyebite on Skeleton 1
Attack: 11(1d20) +5 = 16 vs Will
If hit, Embla is invisible to Skeleton 1 until the start of Embla's next turn.
Damage if hit: 8(2d6) +4 = 12 psychic
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Embla

HP: 9/26

Powers:
Trained Displacer Beast
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
(Improved) Misty Step
Warlock's Curse
[_]Second Wind
[X]Shard Swarm
[X]Witchfire
[_]Crown of Stars
Important Stuff
[SHOW]

Displacer Beast
[SHOW]
Fluffy

Medium Fey Beast

ABILITY SCORES

HP: 8/13

Powers:
Last edited by PureZaros on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Caelen watches the burning carcass collapse like a felled tree, landing on his bedroll. "Guess I'm going to need a new bedroll...." He sighs with frustration and turns his attention to the skeleton that has been harassing Valc and Drake. He fires a swift arrow at it and watches as it finds a vulnerable spot in the skeletal creature.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Hindering Shot
Target: Skeleton One
Attack: 13(1d20) +12 = 25 vs. AC
Damage: 8(2d10) +5 = 13
Skeleton One is slowed.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Caelen

Male Elf Ranger 1

Powers:

Hunter's Quarry
Twin Strike
Fading Strike

Surprise Strike [X]
Hindering Shot [X]
Hunt's End [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]
Elven Accuracy [ ]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]