A Tale of Two Orphans — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
ratwizard
A Wan Smile
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: Tulrissian Unification IC

Post by ratwizard »

Valcus spins around at the man's reaction, looking for what he might have seen, but shakes his head when he sees nothing out of the ordinary. "Those two must have done something to the man's head. He's losing it," Valcus remarks gravely. "Hey," the knight says, giving the man's shoulders a gentle shake. "What do you mean by that? Who is coming?" he asks, trying to pry more from the man.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"The male was some sort of wizard," Caelen recalls as they look on at the bumbling man. "Maybe he could have messed with this poor fellow's mind. I wouldn't think trauma alone would leave him like this."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Many of the mercenaries' eyes widen at the mention of magic, the captain's included. "Sorcery..." he says, as he looks on at the man before him. "That could certainly explain things. I did not realize we'd be going up against an army possessing magic," he says, turning to face Drake. "Tell me, have you encountered other Imardanians with such power, or just this man? If only the one, then ridding our enemies of such a useful man is of utmost importance."

Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

"Just him so far," Drake replies. "I'll doubt we'll get much more of any use out of him," he adds, turning back to the survivor. "We should head out and find these Imardanians."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"The woman with him is terribly deadly with her blades, but I do not know if she can command the arcane to the extent of the man," Valcus explains to the Captain carefully. At Lord Aerden's suggestion, the knight turns to agree. "Aye, let's get to it, before they cause more terror."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

The captain nods, and the group heads out, leaving the man to be tended to by the other guards. They make their way down the road, back the same way the group had traveled that morning, keeping their eyes carefully glued to the surrounding countryside.

Barren farmland can be seen for miles around, harvested to feed the masses huddled inside the city's makeshift walls. Further off, thick grassland can be seen spanning even further, a sight common to the plains of Tulrisse. The flat terrain makes it easy to spot any would-be attackers, making the ambush seem all the more unnerving.

After a half hour or so of walking, the group comes upon the clustered bodies of dark-skinned men that must have been the patrol. Some have been strangled, others stabbed. Others show no physical signs of injury, but their faces are distorted in fear much like the survivor's had been when he gazed off into the distance. All of the men are still fully equipped, with their weapons strewn about on the ground around them, some even still sheathed.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

There's little cover here, Valcus notes as they walk, wondering how the ambush would have happened. Upon arriving, he frowns grimly at the slain men before him. "Some of them lacked the chance to even draw their weapons," the knight notes. What if this was a trap to draw us out from the city? he thinks to himself, suddenly a bit paranoid.

"Eyes around us. I don't want the same to happen to us," he commands, drawing his blade free from its sheath. "Captain Farjad, aside the man we treated earlier, are there any of your men missing from this regiment? Or are they all accounted for here?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"The patrols go out in eights and there are seven bodies, so this should be all of them unless extra men tagged along for some reason," the Captain responds. He does not face Valcus as he speaks, but keeps his eyes glued on their surroundings and his hand on the hilt of his blade.

PureZaros
The Enigma
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by PureZaros »

Embla looks around, carefully searching for magical traces that the two spies could have left.

MECHANICS
[SHOW]

Arcana check to identify any magical effects in the area: 22

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Embla
[SHOW]

It is abundantly clear that most of the now-dead men were affected by magic before their deaths, as traces of the effects still linger in the area.

kalis5
Hm...
Registered for: 10 years 3 months

Post by kalis5 »

Rorin crosses his arms as he looks around. Something's not right to him.
"... This doesn't make sense..."

He bends down next to some of the corpses, looking at the wounds, looking at the weapons.
"No. Something really isn't right here. Even with strangulation, someone would have noticed their friend being choked to death. It's too slow a process, a blade to the throat would have been quicker, less likely to draw attention."
He stands up and shakes his head.
"It's not that they didn't have the time to. They had plenty of time, especially if there's just two of these spies aiming at them. We're missing an angle Ser Valcus. Regardless of strength, they wouldn't have been able to kill them all before they could draw their blades. It just doesn't fit to me."

He turns to Embla, seeing her examining the bodies for magic.
"Embla... Is there a spell that can cause extreme paranoia?"

TemplarsBane
Nickapotamus
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by TemplarsBane »

Gedric remains tense, hand on his weapon, prepared to draw at any moment.

"I don't like this. These men were warriors, maybe not champions, but they were not helpless peasants. What kind of sorcery could do this to them?"

His previously eager confidence suddenly seeming to wane, he scans the surroundings constantly.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Surely if they became suspicious of each other they would have used their swords to kill each other," Drake says to Rorin. "Perhaps some form of paralysis. Magical or otherwise, the woman's poisons certainly sting," he suggests.

"the kind we'll put an end to," Drake says replying to Gedric. Following Valcus' suit and drawing his sword. "We need to be vigilant though," he adds, scanning the surroundings as the others do.

kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Rorin nods to Drake for a moment before shaking his head.
"Not if they didn't want to kill each other. If your friend suddenly drew his blade and started swinging wildly, shouting about how 'they're coming for me!' what would you do? You'd try to pin him down, right?"

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"There are several, Rorin. And some affect wide areas too. This whole place reeks of magic." Embla says, looking around. "At the very least those two definitely passed by here, though I can't really track them further unless that halfwit uses another large-scale spell."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Zara reaches for her swords as the others do, looking around. She is as tense as the others, and sticks near Valcus. "We can't leave these bodies here," she says, mostly towards the knight. "We will need to pass back by before nightfall, or else they could become a problem for other patrols."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Valcus nods in sorrow at Zara's words."We will need to, yes," the knight softly agrees with her. "Captain Farjad," he says, piquing the man's attention. "Perhaps Zara can give them a proper ceremony, though I know you and your men follow your own gods," The amount of men and women we must bury in this war...

The man turns to the rest of his comrades. "Perhaps we should scout the area, look for traces of the Northerners," he offers, his eyes still drawn to the slain men beneath them. "If this was a trap, I'd imagine they would have grown tired of our chatter and struck already."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"It would be foolish to stop and perform a ceremony while these ambushers are still lurking nearby," the captain responds. "Why such a rush? They are dead, they can be buried once our enemies have been dealt with."

"They could rise again with the night," Zara responds, bluntly.

"An old wives' tale!" the man replies. Some of the other men laugh, though the captain refrains from doing so. "You westerners truly believe such things?"

"It is not a wives' tale. I've seen it. They've seen it," she says, looking towards the others for support.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Valcus looks sternly at the captain, a change from his sorrow-filled demeanor. "Believe? No, Captain, this is not about belief. This is not about your gods or my gods or tales spun by bored maids to strike sense into their children. This is fact. It's funny, you know -- I too hardly entertained such a seemingly foolish thought when I was in your position not a fortnight ago," the knight explains, looking now between Farjad and his men.

"But I was wrong. And if you serranborn are to survive this war, you must learn how to deal with these creatures, like we ourselves have. Zara here has studied and trained for years, and you should treat her knowledge with respect and not folly."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"I was sceptical too at first," Drake adds. "But alas the priestess speaks the truth, unfortunately. This war is bad enough without the dead rising again."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Just because you've never seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist," Caelen responds to the captain's disbelief of the night creatures. "These night creatures are all too real, especially with the war leaving so many dead. So let these dead stay dead and let Zara do her duty."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"I do share your want for urgency though," Drake says to the Captain. "We should deal with these bodies as quickly as possible."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

The captain is clearly still skeptical, but he relents once he sees everyone backing Zara's claims. He motions for his men to help with gathering the bodies together, something Zara had already begun doing as the others spoke. It takes little time, and once the bodies are piled together - and relieved of their arms by their old brethren - the priestess performs the short ritual she'd done many times before. The bodies ignite and are quickly reduced to ash by her holy fire

"Thank you," she says to the Captain.

"Yes, well let's just continue on then," he says, seeming a bit shaken up by the sight of his men, now only dust.

As the group starts to move again, a storm comes into view in the distance. It is far from you, but no one remembers it being there earlier, suggesting it moving into place both quickly and recently.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"That storm has come in fast," Drake says, noticing the incoming weather. "I wouldn't put it past the Imardanians. Yet more sorcery could be involved," he suggests, continuing to scan the surroundings for would be attackers.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Valcus says little as the ceremony takes place, opting for silence as he helps drag the bodies together for the night priestess to handle. At the notice of the storm, Valcus grimaces. "Could this be similar to the strange weather you noticed near Garland?" he asks, looking toward Embla and Caelen. "It seems strange... Though perhaps it is a coincidence."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"It may be," Caelen responds to Valcus. "I had thought it was just something left over from Senshenk, but maybe not. It seems too similar." At least we're out in the open if whatever was following us returns.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"We braved the storm through Senshenk, we can brave whatever this is as well," Valcus says as he keeps pace and continues on beside the Captain and Zara. "Let's see if we can pick up the trace of arcane magic," the knight suggests, keeping his eyes on the intense skies. "I'll keep watch on the storm. If need be, we can take shelter, but we cannot lose track of the assassins yet again."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

The group continues to follow the road, and eventually the forest comes into view once more. While still light out, the forest itself is noticeably darker than the open plains. The muddy footprints the group had been following continue in that direction.

As the group approaches closer still, shuffling can be heard within the trees and brush ahead. Despite the daylight, the difference in lighting and the thick underbrush makes it hard to make out any specific shapes.

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Looking up at the unusual weather, Embla searches her memory for magics that could cause an event like this one. It could be the same kind of idea as the one the witch doctors used to shroud the swamp in fog, but much higher up. I wonder who has the power to sustain that kind of thing?

Following the group into the forest proper again, Embla signals to Fluffy as the scuffling sounds become apparent, sending him to scope out what could be hiding.

MECHANICS
[SHOW]

Arcana check to identify magical effect of the clouds: 24

Fluffy perception check to find shuffles: 10

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Embla
[SHOW]

There is no specific spell you know of that can summon a storm, as the power required to perform such a feat requires either an incredibly gifted mage or an involved ritual. The swamp folk, you recall, would gather in groups to perform such rituals to alter the climate in the swamp to their advantage. Something similar could be at play.

Fluffy looks back and forth between different sides of the road, not seeming too sure which direction the sounds are coming from.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

I don't like this, Valcus says to himself as he draws his blade from its scabbard again. He continues forward into the threshold of the trees, where the light is dim. "Are those natural noises?" he asks quietly, unsure of what to think about the shuffling.

kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

At the sign of the noises, Rorin's ears practically perk up. He starts to tune out the others, listening to just the noise, attempting to track it down. He's not letting it sneak up on them, that's for sure.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Perception: 17(1d20) +7 = 24

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Rorin
[SHOW]

You can tell that there are actually multiple sources of the rustling sound, at least one from either side of the road. They move at different times, but you never see anything cross the road ahead, so it is clear they are from different creatures.

kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Rorin swiftly moves his way forward, moving beside Valcus and whispering to him.
"Start passing it along. Multiple sources of movement, at least two, opposite sides of us. Move at varying times, but the rustling gives them away. I can't see them, but nothing comes ahead of us, and it would take too long to cross behind. So they're flanking us on both sides, watching and waiting for a moment to strike."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

As the shuffling begins in the trees around them, Caelen grows cautious, his eyes scanning the brush for the source. I don't like this one bit. It seems all too familiar.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Perception: 14(1d20) +14 = 28

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Recalling how many swamp dwellers it took to cast a much inferior effect, Embla turns a slightly lighter shade than normal as the though of a single individual being able to perform something of this storm's calibre crosses her mind. Hopefully it's just a group of mages or the like. A single person with that power could destroy half of the country easily...

As Fluffy looks back and forth, unable to choose a direction, Embla's brow furrows slightly. He's usually able to pick out at least a direction, so if he can't now then that's coming from... "All around?" She finishes her thought, unconsciously muttering the last part loud enough for the rest of the group to hear.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"No," Valcus says in response to Embla's half-question. "We're flanked left and right," he mentions, relaying Rorin's words. "I say enough with being spied upon. If we charge one flank unsuspectingly, we can take the ambushers off-guard," he offers quietly.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"If they are on both sides and there are only two of them, that means one on each side. They me be formidable, but I cannot imagine each one holding its own against our numbers. We should hit them before they have a chance to cast some spell on us," the captain says.

"Aye, we should get them before they get us. No use in standing around here talking about it," says one of the other men, the older veteran.

Caelen
[SHOW]

You can faintly see the outlines of whatever is causing the rustling, and it is certainly human - or at least humanoid - in nature. Sometimes the outlines moves more quickly than others, but with each movement it is clear that whatever stalks you is more man than animal.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"I'll take point," Valcus volunteers, nodding at the Captain's suggestion. With his blade drawn and shield in tow, the knight turns back to Lord Aerden and the others. "Are we ready?" the man asks. Gods help me with whatever I may find.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Be careful," Caelen says to Valcus as the knight prepares to attack. "Whatever's out there is definitely human."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Aye," Drake answers, gripping the hilt of his blade. "Lead the charge Lord Torinn."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Valcus gives a quick nod to Caelen. "Watch our left flank. I want them skewered with a half-dozen arrows before they even make it to us," he asks of the elf. Turning back to Lord Aerden, the knight makes a beckoning gesture. Sword and shield in hand, he takes point, stepping through the brush in a swift but controlled fashion, aiming to uncover the hidden figure. We will not be bested a second time.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Roll initiative in anticipation of combat, so that it need not be rolled later.

Since this is not yet an encounter you are free to move around the map to check the edge of the forest/the road into it. Take these like normal move actions, but feel free to do a couple at a time if you want until further notice. Feel free to perform any skill checks you like as well, again until further notice.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Trees: The vibrant green portions of the map represent tree canopies, with the black sections representing their trunks (or areas not visible due to the trunks). The areas under the canopies are traversable as normal terrain. The trunks are impassable, block line of sight and line of effect, and provide superior cover. If you are unsure of whether or not a square has enough trunk in it to be impassable, just ask.

Shrubs & Underbrush: The dark green portions of the map, which are almost the same color as the grass, are various types of undergrowth that litters the forest floor. These bushes and brambles are traversable as difficult terrain, and can obscure (but not completely block) vision. As such, they provide partial concealment to all creatures and total concealment to prone creatures.

Path: The yellow portion of the map represents the path leading through the countryside and into the woods. It is traversable as normal terrain and provides no special benefits.

Party Coordinates
[SHOW]

Since the map is large and possible difficult to read, here is a list of the current locations of each token:

Drake - (Q, 10)
Valcus - (O, 11)
Caelen - (S, 12)
Rorin - (R, 10)
Embla - (S, 11)
Zara - (R, 11)
Gedric - (R, 12)
Captain Farjad - (Q, 12)
Serran Veteran - (S, 10)
Serran Mercenary 1 - (T, 10)
Serran Mercenary 2 - (T, 11)
Serran Mercenary 3 - (T, 12)
Serran Mercenary 4 - (U, 10)
Serran Mercenary 5 - (U, 11)
Serran Mercenary 6 - (U, 12)

TemplarsBane
Nickapotamus

Post by TemplarsBane »

With glee, Gedric readies his hammer and shield. He steps forward slightly in anticipation of glorious combat.

"Let them come. Let them come." He mutters to himself.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Moves forward to N-14

16(1d20) +2 = 18

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Gedric Krell

Male Mul Fighter 3
Languages: Common
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 210 lbs.

Speed: 5
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 13
Passive Insight: 11
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 21
Fort: 18
Reflex: 14
Will: 11
HP: 45/45
Bloodied: 22
Surge Value: 11
Surges left: 13/13
Action Points: 1

MBA: +9 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage

Resistances: None

Vulnerabilities: None

Saves: None

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Combat Challenge
Combat Agility
Footwork Lure
Tide of Iron

Second Wind []
Glowering Threat []
Guardian's Counter []
Incredible Toughness []
Hack and Hew []
Sweeping Blow []

Driving Attack []
Armor of Dwarven Vigor []

Consumables:

None.

Features
[SHOW]

Combat Challenge: Whenever and enemy marked by you is adjacent to you and shifts or makes an attack that does not include you, you can make a melee basic attack against that enemy.

Combat Agility: When an enemy adjacent to you takes and action that provokes and OA, after that action is completed, you shift Dex Mod (1) squares closer to the target and make the following attack: Str vs AC, 1[W]+5 and knock the target prone.

Incredible Toughness:At the start of your turn you may end any ongoing damage or any dazed, slowed, stunned, or weakened condition currently affecting you.

Guardian's Counter:When an ally within 2 squares of you is hit by an attack and you are not included in that attack, you and the ally shift up to 2 squares as a free action swapping positions. You become the target of the triggering attack, in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, you can make a MBA against the attacker.

Last edited by TemplarsBane on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Taking initiative, Valcus steps forward through the brush with controlled movements, keeping his eyes flicking to and fro. The knight glances back quickly to ensure that the other men are following close behind. If we can push one side back, then a flanking maneuver is less effective, he recalls from his training.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move toward L23, assuming nothing catastrophic happens.
Initiative: 18(1d20) +1 = 19

Bravura Presence for Action Point Spending
[SHOW]

Bravura Presence: When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Valcus Torinn

Male Dragonborn Warlord 3
Languages: Common, Tulrissian
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 185 lbs.

Initiative: +1
Passive Perception: 11
Passive Insight: 11
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 19
Fort: 17
Reflex: 13
Will: 15
HP: 35/35
Bloodied: 17
Surge Value: 9
Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 0

MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d10+6
RBA: +9 vs AC, 1d6+6

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Intuitive Strike
Brash Assault

Dragonfear []
Inspiring Word [] []
Hammer and Anvil []
Cunning Adjustment []
Battlefront Shift []
Flattening Charge [_]

Leader's Instincts [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 bonus to defenses against OAs.

Dragonborn Fury: +1 racial bonus to attack rolls when bloodied.

Harlequin Style: You gain a +3 bonus to defenses against your target when using Brash Assault.

Bravura Presence: When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Remembering his experience with the wolves back in the Senshenk Woods, Caelen opts out of hunting through the brush for their foes, instead adopting a defensive position and remaining vigilant. Let's hope this doesn't turn out as bad as last time.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Initiative: 19(1d20) +6 = 25

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Caelen

Male Elf Ranger 3
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 115 lbs.

Speed: 7
Initiative: +6
Passive Perception: 23
Passive Insight: 19
Senses: Low-light Vision

AC: 19
Fort: 13
Reflex: 17
Will: 14
HP: 33/34
Bloodied: 17
Surge Value: 8
Surges left: 2/7

MBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage
RBA: +10 vs AC, 1d12+6 damage (1d6 once per round with Hunter's Quarry; +1 to attack if no allies are closer; +1 to damage if target isn't adjacent to any other creatures)

Saves: None

Powers:

Twin Strike
Nimble Strike
Hunter's Quarry

Second Wind []
Surprise Strike []
Two-Fanged Strike []
Disruptive Strike []
Elven Accuracy []
Invigorating Stride []

Sure Shot [X]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Prime Shot: If no allies are closer to the target than you, get +1 on ranged attacks against that target.

Group Awareness: You grant non-elf allies within 5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.

Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift.

Bow Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a bow. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll of any weapon attack you make with a bow against a single creature that is not adjacent to any other creature.

Distant Advantage: You gain combat advantage for ranged or area attacks against any enemy flanked by your allies.

Defensive Mobility: You gain a +2 bonus to AC against opportunity attacks.

TemplarsBane
Nickapotamus

Post by TemplarsBane »

Following Valcus' lead, Gedric moves towards the competent looking warrior.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Moves towards M - 20

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Drake follows after Valcus and Gedric, however he stays closer to the road. Taking out one flank is a good way to stop a pincer movement, but it won't be much use if we're flanked from behind while engaged.

He scans the surroundings on both sides of the road, looking for any signs of enemies, keeping a firm grasp on his sword and his shield raised.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Initiative: 17(1d20) +2 = 19

Move: Walk to (K, 16)

Perception check to spot people: 18(1d20) +3 = 21

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Drake Aerden

Male Dwarf Warrior 3
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 210 lbs.

Passive Perception: 13
Passive Insight: 13
Senses: Low-light Vision

AC: 20
Fort: 17
Reflex: 14
Will: 13
HP: 43/43
Bloodied: 21
Surge Value: 10
Surges left: 12/12

MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage
RBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage

Saves: +5 against poison

Powers:

Cleave
Footwork Lure

Second Wind []
Dwarven Resilience []
Sohei Flurry []
Shield Bash []
Glowering Threat []
Parry and Riposte []

Driving Attack [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Combat Superiority: You gain a bonus to opportunity attacks equal to your Wisdom modifier (+2). An enemy struck by your opportunity attack stops moving, if a move provoked the attack. If it still has actions remaining, it can use them to resume moving.

Combat Challenge: Every time you attack an enemy, whever the attack hits or misses, you can choose to mark that target. The mark lasts until the end of your next turn. While the target is marked, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls if its attack doesn't include you as a target. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. Whenever an enemy marked by you is adjacent to you and shifts or makes an attack that does not include you, you can make a melee basic attack against the enemy.

Encumbered Speed: You move at your normal speed even when it would be reduced by armor or a heavy load. Other effects that limit speed (such as difficult terrain or magic) affect you normally.

Bow Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a bow. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll of any weapon attack you make with a bow against a single creature that is not adjacent to any other creature.

Stand Your Ground: When an effect forces you to move -through a pull, push, or a slide-you can move 1 square less than the effect specifies. This means an effect that normally pulls, pushes, or slides a target 1 square does not force you to move unless you want to. In addition, when an attack would knock you prone, you can make a saving throw to avoid falling prone.

Heavy Blade Expertise: You gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.

Shield Push: If you hit a foe with an attack granted by your Combat Challenge class feature, you push the target 1 square after dealing damage.

Resilience of Stone: You can use your Second Wind as an immediate interrupt when damaged by an attack.

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Looking carefully into the shrubs, Embla hangs back next to Caelen, shooing Fluffy towards the knights wandering off into the woods. Both woman and beast scan the foliage for movement, hoping to catch the ambushers off guard.

MECHANICS
[SHOW]

Initiative: 12 + 2 because I accidentally, so 14.

Fluffy moves towards [N, 22]
Embla stays put with Caelen.

Embla perception to spot unfamiliar humanoids: nat 20
On a perception roll. Great.

Embla arcana check to sense the presence of magic: 22

Fluffy perception check to spot stuff over by valc and them: 17

COMBAT BLOCK
[SHOW]

Embla

Female Shardmind Deception Warlock 3
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 170
Languages: Common, Tulrissian, Dwarven

Speed: 6
Passive Perception: 10
Passive Insight: 10
Senses: Normal

AC: 16
Fort: 13
Reflex: 15
Will: 16
HP: 36/36
Bloodied: 18
Surge Value: 9
Surges left: 8/8

Resistances:
5 psychic
Vulnerabilities:
None
Active Effects:
None

Powers:

Trained Displacer Beast
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
Misty Step
Warlock's Curse

[] Second Wind
[] Shard Swarm
[] Witchfire
[] Eldritch Rain

[] Crown of Stars
[] Assassin's Bane

Important Stuff
[SHOW]

Crystalline Mind: You have resist 5 psychic.
Living Construct: You do not need to eat, drink, breathe, or sleep. You never make Endurance checks to resist the effect of starvation, thirst, or suffocation. All other conditions and effects affect you normally.
Telepathy: You can communicate telepathically with any creature within 5 squares of you that has a language.

Prime Shot: If none of your allies are nearer to your target than you are, you receive a +1 bonus to ranged attack rolls against that target.
Shadow Walk: During your turn, if you move 3 or more squares from where you started your turn, you gain partial concealment until the end of your next turn.

Eldritch Blast: When a power allows you to make a ranged basic attack, you can use this power.

White Lotus Dueling Expertise: You gain a +1/2/3 bonus to attack rolls of arcane powers and basic attacks that you make with any weapon or implement with which you have proficiency.
You gain proficiency with staffs.
Improved Misty Step: Your Misty Step allows you to teleport an additional two squares.
Sacrifice to Caiphon: When you attack with a warlock encounter power that has targets and you miss all targets, then you can deal damage to yourself equal to the level of the power. If you do, you immediately recover the power.

Fluffy, the Displacer Beast
[SHOW]

Medium Fey Beast
Languages: Uh... Yeah

ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Dex 20, Wis 16, Con 16, Int 2, Cha 6

Speed: 8
Perception: 12
Senses: Low-light

AC: 18
Fort: 14
Reflex: 18
Will: 18
HP: 18/18
Bloodied: 9

Displacement (Illusion, Aura 1):
Allies gain a +1 power bonus to all defenses while in the aura.

Powers:
Tentacle (At-will, Illusion): Fluffy gains partial concealment until the end of it's next turn.

kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Rorin walks in step with the others, nodding to Valcus, showing that he's ready.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Initiative: 14(1d20) +5 = 19
Where I am is fine.