A Tale of Two Orphans — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
BartNL
Swampperson Prime
Registered for: 5 years

Post by BartNL »

"I am afraid not father. I suspect Imardanian subterfuge is the reason we are only hearing of this now." Hellenbert responds, his face earnest.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by FinalTemplar »

Caedus
Caedus listens to the story intently, his heart dropping at the news that Esmé's target is lost to faraway lands. As the story finishes, he turns toward her.
"I will be in Menora for a time, at least as long as the tournament continues," He says, looking into her eyes, "I know what it is like, to want revenge. No matter where you find me - Whether here, or out on the road, if you need me... I will be there." He says, holding out his hand to shake. "You can consider me an ally and a friend, whenever you need me."
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Fialova »

Caedus
The woman offers a weak smile, though you can see the anger and frustration still in her eyes despite the gesture. She nods and shakes your hand, before turning back to Tawil to continue her conversation, leaving you free to pursue other ventures.
OOC
The elven woman still watches you, and you would imagine that, by now, Johanna should be already returning to, or back in, the tourney grounds. What will you do next?
Everyone Else
As Drake speaks, the man walks to one of the lounges and takes a seat, leaning his head in his arm propped up on an arm rest. He listens to you each in turn, concern clear in his face as the realization sinks in that you are not merely jesting. "Truly?" he asks, after a silent moment of contemplation. "An invasion from Imardin? What in the hells are they thinking? Do they not pray to a goddess of peace?" he puts his arm back down, shaking his head in a mixture of disappointment and disbelief.

"An alliance is smart. Imardin may be small in size, but they've innumerable citizens; Madam Barschal has kept us apprised of their numbers and general status for years now. I'd never have thought them keen to invade anyone, let alone all of the south. What could have gotten into their priests to allow such a thing?" he asks, glancing around at each of you in a vain attempt at finding answers.
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

"It wouldn't be the first holy war nor the last," Drake suggests as their host's questions turn to that of the invaders' motives. "We're lucky most of Tulrisse follow the same pantheon, more or less," he adds. "It's not like we need any more excuses to make war among ourselves."

"Regardless, we can only speculate on the Imardanians' motives. What really matters is that they are here - we can ask them why they came once we drive them back into the Sundered Sea," he says, glad to hear the elder Brandt is also in favour of an alliance.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by FinalTemplar »

Caedus
Caedus watches for a moment before he glances at the elven woman, openly now. Don't worry, I see you too. He thinks, nodding to the elf. Back to the tournament grounds I go. I've been gone too long. He thinks and returns to the grounds.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Valcus catches the glance of the elder Brandt and frowns thoughtfully. "Madame Barschal, you say. Do you happen to know how and from where she sources her intelligence? Your surprise about the war has hardly been the first among those elite few in Menora. It strikes me odd that one so connected enough to know census figures for a foreign land could yet be caught by surprise."

I have my suspicions about Cumberland, though perhaps our attention should be on Barschal as well.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Caelen along with Valcus, sharing the same suspicions as the young lord. "That's a good point. You'd think she wouldn't be in the dark about this like everyone else is." But wasn't she a friend of the Queen? Would she truly betray that? He frowns, thinking back to their group's own false friendships.
OOC
My last post's insight check was never resolved :')

BartNL
Swampperson Prime
Registered for: 5 years

Post by BartNL »

Info
How well does Hellenbert know madame Barschal?