A Tale of Two Orphans — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: Tulrissian Unification IC

Post by Fialova »

"Hmph, very well," replies Cormic skeptically. He does not fully trust the knights' words, but has grown sick of talking to the group. Clearly one of them had it out for him, but he cannot fully tell who is trustworthy or not. He will just have to watch them more closely from now on.

Zara does not fully grasp the situation at hand, but clearly it had been heated and she is glad that, whatever it was, it was over now. Guess it must not have been too important. When Valc and Drake tell their guide to lead on, she quickly finishes packing up her things and finally joins the group, just in time to leave.

The group once more wanders through the dense trees and underbrush of the Senshenk Woods, searching for any clues to lead to the missing Wellesly children or the witch. However, as with yesterday there is little to find, and to make matters worse there is a thick fog that descends on the forest early on in the day and sticks around for hours.
Valc, Drake, Caelen, Rorin, Zara
[SHOW]
Some of the things you have passed by recently seem very familiar, enough so that you suspect you have gone in a circle, or at least have passed through this area before.
kalis5
Hm...
Registered for: 10 years 2 months

Post by kalis5 »

As Rorin and the others realize they might be having some trouble navigating the fog, he pauses in step for a moment.
"Hang on... I feel like we've been here before. That or the fog's thick enough that we're having a sense of deja vu... Can we stop for a moment and get our bearings before we go trying to find the witch?"
He looks at the others for a moment, waiting for a response.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Hold on, here... I know I've seen this area before. Not sure if it was an hour or two ago, but I definitely have. Cormic, is it possible that you're leading us in a circle?" Valc, still bothered by the morning's events, is in sort of a pushy mood. "What kind of guide leads somebody in a full circle? Do you even know where we've been walking this past few hours?" Valc sighs, exasperated. It's probably more likely that this witch will find us far before we find her.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Caelen grumbles silently to himself as Rorin works himself out of this situation. He played them like a fiddle. I don't trust him one bit. He'll get what's coming for him eventually. He follows the guide onward, glancing at Rorin from time to time, as such a suspicious character who could weasel himself out of that was clearly not to be trusted. Not only did he lie to Cormic, he lied to his companions as well.

With a thick fog now blanketing the forest, Caelen pays more attention to his surroundings rather than the conniving man. As the group passes familiar objects, he grows increasingly worried that they've taken a wrong turn and went in a loop. Speaking to the group rather than Rorin—who Caelen is still angry at for lying and then lying himself out of the situation— he says, "I swear we've passed th-that peculiar tree stump before. I'm with Valc. Are you leading us the right way?" He hopes Cormic isn't getting revenge on the group for the morning's situation by leading them astray.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

A bit flustered, both at the situation and at being called out on his error, Cormic bites back, "look, I ain't no damn Cyrus, ok? Not like it's easy to find trails in the fog, and we are already out further than I normally come as it is." He picks up the pace a bit, trying to make up some for lost time from the mishap. Eventually he gets somewhat of a bearing on his surroundings and turns a direction he knows they had not gone in yet. "See? This way is new," he says, "damn fog."

The party continues on in the new direction for awhile, no one noticing any familiar terrain anymore. Cormic tries to see over the fairly low fog as best as he can, keeping his neck high and occasionally standing on his tiptoes to peer off as far as the fog will allow. As he is walking ahead of the group, not paying attention to the ground beneath his feet, the woodsman suddenly stumbles and falls over something. "What the-"

"A corpse," Zara chimes in, having spotted the object shortly before Cormic clumsily tripped over it. "You didn't smell it a ways back? It reeks." She walks over and helps the man off his feet before getting a closer look at the body. "I am surprised it has not animated like the ones that attacked us, it looks pretty fresh and the fog is certainly making this area dark enough."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Valc scowls when Cormic makes excuses for his incompetency. "Cyrus? Who is Cyrus?" He asks, annoyed at the man and confused by his reference. Maybe we should have had the elf lead. We might have gotten there faster.

As the group comes across the fresh body, something feels off to Valc. His hand slips to the pommel of his bastard sword, still in its sheath. "Zara, perhaps you should perform your rights on this one. I wouldn't like to encounter any more undead while we're out here in the fog. And the prospect of this being a fresh body is troubling. We should proceed with great caution."
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Rorin draws his dagger as he approaches the corpse, not trusting it. It's off. It feels wrong. At the same time, he bends down and softly nudges its pockets, seeing if there's anything inside them as he examines the corpse. He wants to know exactly what could have killed it. Maybe that'll give them some clues.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Perception Check: 1d20+6=16
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Caelen jumps back upon seeing the rotting body, both frightened and overwhelmed by the putrescent odor. "It's n-not g-g-going to come alive w-with us right here, i-is it?" he asks Zara, hoping for the answer he wants. "D-do the rite before it d-does." He hadn't been too afraid of the undead creatures the night before as they had no mystery or suspense to them. This creature could spring to life at any moment, though, as far as Caelen knows. He listens to Valc's suggestion of caution and nods in agreement. A body doesn't just appear in the woods like this... He watches in disgust as Rorin examines and touches the body. That's sick. That's a dead man. Are you into that kind of thing or something?
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Rorin
[SHOW]
The pockets do not contain much: a half-eaten and now stale piece of bread, a few copper coins, a seemingly-unused dagger, and a piece of parchment. The parchment is the only real thing of note, possessing a broken wax seal and some writing that Rorin cannot seem to read. The seal imprinted into the wax looks something like this, and the same symbol (albeit more stylized) can be found in the bottom right corner of the parchment itself after the other text.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Rorin looks over the parchment for a few moments, eyeing the script with interest, trying to figure out what it could mean before rolling it up.
"Wellesly. Damn. This guy's not getting up again. He must have been part of the original search party trying to find his kids. He's got an unused dagger, so it's likely he was killed by surprise... The seal's open on this... But if it does belong to Wellesly, why the mysterious writing?... Hm... This could be arcane writing for all I know. Definitely not common, or Tulrissian for that matter. Anyone wanna give it a shot reading it?"
He pulls the dagger out as well, running his fingers over it to see how sharp it is and if it's of any use to him after handing the scroll over to the rest of the group.
PureZaros
The Enigma
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by PureZaros »

"Ooh! Goody," Embla says as she notices the body. "Fluffy always appreciates a mid-morning snack."

Realising that most everyone's attention was on Rorin now, she turned to hear him describing the letter he held. Holding out her hand, she motioned to him. "Let me try to read it."
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Embla
[SHOW]
Embla has no better luck than Rorin at reading the letter, meaning it isn't written in Dwarven either.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"Hm. Definitely a shopping list... Leather straps, a dozen eggs, thread, fourteen smooth marbles, and half a goat's head." Rolling her eyes to the sky, she held out the paper to the group at large. "Anyone else want to try?"
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Valc recognizes the Wellesly seal at the bottom of the letter, but like Rorin, cannot understand the written words on the letter. "Looks foreign to me." He passes it to the rest of his allies, in hopes they will be able to translate.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Caelen grabs the cryptic parchment from Valc and examines it. Although he only only knows Common and Tulrissian, growing up in an Elven settlement brought him in contact with enough Elven to recognize it, if he remembers it. "Let's take a look here..." he says to himself.

Remembering Elven characters clearly now, he can tell this is not the language of his ancestors. "Not Elven." He hands it off to the next companion.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
History check: 20(1d20) -1 = 19
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

Drake watches as a few of his companions try to read the letter, to no avail. "I only know Common and Tulrissian, but I suspect, given the country's current circumstances, that it could be Imardanian. Seems the most likely to me anyway." He says, glancing at the meaningless symbols on the page. "Anyone know Imardanian? He asks, looking at the members of the group yet to look at the letter.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"I do," Zara says, as she takes the letter from whoever currently has it. It only takes her a moment to know the answer to Drake's inquiry. "And it is most certainly Imardanian, good guess." With the language no longer in question, she looks the note over more carefully before reading aloud its contents:

"Take them deep into the woods, do not let anyone see you. Make sure they are kept safe, or I will make sure the rest of your short life is miserable. A messenger will arrive in a week with further instructions and payment."

"That's all it says, though there is the seal at the bottom." Hm, it looks like we may be headed into a trap. She looks the body over for any wounds but sees no signs of physical harm. "I am not sure what killed this man, but I think it'd be best if we put him to rest soon."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Valc is clearly bothered by the contents of the Imardanian letter. It had Wellesly's seal on it, but its motive seemed to counter what the man's intentions were. "Could it be possible that Wellesly sent his children here under his own volition? I don't understand what this means. Or am I following this wrong?"
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"The forest wouldn't be a bad place to keep people you love safe from an invading army. A sacking isn't the kindest place to be if a city falls." Drake adds to Valc's theory. "At least without a witch about." He continues, nodding in the direction of the dead body. "What ever happened, it doesn't change why we're here. We should deal with the body properly and keep moving." He says, more appreciative of Zara's profession since the fight in the clearing the night before.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Rorin eyes the dagger in his hands, pondering it for a moment.
"... Looks like the witch got him posing as the courier. Best I can tell at least. He didn't use the dagger, so he was either ambushed really well and given absolutely no time to react. Or he knew the person that ambushed him. I was right not to trust Wellesly either way. This guy shouldn't have mattered. Even if he died from the other courier, Wellesly doesn't seem like the guy that would give a damn. He doesn't have his payment either, before you guys ask, otherwise he'd have more than a few copper on him. Either way, the witch does have the children. Let's see if we can't find her and get some answers."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Hold on, Rorin. If he was killed by the witch, maybe we can get some sort of read based on any magical wounds or such that this man sustained." Valc uses his boot to roll the body to the side, inspecting the corpse. "He doesn't seem to be stabbed or bludgeoned anywhere obvious. Embla, I know you're somewhat of a savant with the arcane arts. Can you check the corpse to see if there's anything of interest? I read in a history book of some sort of high-wizard finding out who had killed one of his apprentices based on the magical remnants left from the murderer's signature spell. Rorin thinks that the witch did this poor fellow in, and I'm thinking along the same lines."
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"Well, I suppose I could try."

Moving to stand over the dead body, Embla spread her arms out and closed her eyes. Opening her senses to the forest around her, she grasped around with her mind, searching for any faint wisps of past magic. She failed miserably. Opeining her eyes, she stood there for a moment. "Hmm."

She adjusted her footing, closed her eyes again, and reached once more for the strands of spellcraft that surely were even now whirling around them... and failed again.

"Mmm-nope. I'm not picking anything up around here."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Arcana roll to see if the witch dun got 'im: 12
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Well we shouldn't rule it out, the witch could just be undetectable to you or something. I'm no expert." Drake says, disappointed that Embla had been unable to figure out what had happened to the dead man. "We should probably burn the body." He adds, thinking back to the night before in the clearing. "Right Zara?"
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Yes, that is best," the priestess responds as she steps up to the body. "If everyone is done with it, then allow me." Seeing no objections, Zara kneels besides the lifeless man and, placing her hands on his torso, begins muttering words under breath yet again. As the last word leaves her lips the body begins to sizzle and crack, starting from where her hand is placed and emanating outwards. The stench of burning flesh engulfs the area as the corpse is quickly reduced to nothing more than a pile of ash.

"There," she says, standing up once finished. "That will never rise to bother anyone now. Shall we get going, then?" she says, turning to Cormic who had kept quiet since they came across the body.

"Sure, sure, if you all are ready then let's get a move on." He seems a bit flustered, perhaps due to tripping and falling, or perhaps for some other reason - no one can really tell at the moment. Once again, the party begins to scour the fog-covered woods in search of any other clues to the witch's whereabouts.
Caelen
[SHOW]
As you begin to move forward once more, you get the distinct feeling that something is watching the group. Occasionally you can swear that something is moving in the distance, but the thick fog prevents you from clearly seeing who or what it might be.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Everyone roll initiative.

Zara Initiative: 21
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
A thick fog covers the forest:
* Enemies within 5 squares of you have concealment, and you take a -2 penalty to melee and ranged (not close or area) attacks against them.
* Enemies further than 5 squares of you have total concealment; you take a -5 penalty to melee and ranged (not close or area) attacks against them and they are invisible to you (meaning to even attack them, from range for example, you just have to guess where they are).

Tree trunks block line of sight and movement, and provide cover; any square that is all or mostly tree trunk is blocking terrain, and squares that are partially tree trunk are difficult terrain. (If you are not sure about a square, ask.)

*See pages 280 and 281 of PHB1 for more info on cover/concealment*
Enemy Info
[SHOW]
You cannot yet see any enemies.
Status
[SHOW]
Caelen (C, 23) HP: 24/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1 +1 to defenses from Fluffy
Drake (D, 20) HP: 31/31 Surges: 12/12 AP: 1/1
Embla (D, 22) HP: 26/26 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 +1 to defenses from Fluffy
Rorin
(D, 23) HP: 24/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1 +1 to defenses from Fluffy
Valc (C, 20) HP: 25/25 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1
Zara (C, 21) HP: 25/25 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 +1 to defenses from Fluffy

Cormic (C, 19) HP: 22/22 Surges: 6/6 AP: 1/1
Fluffy (C, 22)HP: 13/13 grants +1 to defenses of adjacent allies.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Drake Initiative: 9
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Stumbling through the fog, Embla misses a tree root in her path. Stepping on it, she catches her foot and falls flat on her face. "Oof!"

Picking herself up, Embla brushed herself off, completely oblivious to her surroundings, and unsheathed her staff to use as a walking stick.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Fekin' 3!!
Last edited by PureZaros on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

As Caelen walks, uneasiness overcomes him. Something, it seems, is observing the group from the depths of the fog. Remembering what happened the last time mysterious noises came from the unknown, he speaks up. "Um, g-guys. I feel as though we're being watched. I th-thought I heard something moving out there. W-we sh-should be careful. Something's lurking..."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Caelen Initiative: 19(1d20) +5 = 24
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The fog seems to be getting to Valc, as he is having a hard time even keeping his allies in his sights as they trudge on through the rough visibility. Unsure of why the guide ignored his question, he asks again, a scowl on his face. "Cormic, you never answered my question. Who is this Cyrus you mentioned?" However, he can hardly make out the man through the fog, so getting a read on him is near impossible.

At the warning of the elf, Valc unsheathes his bastard sword, too uncomfortable with the earlier findings of the fresh corpse to be taken unawares. Despite his poor conditions with the fog, he is ready to act in case he needs to.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Initiative: 1d20=2

Insight: 1d20=7

Free Trigger: Use Battlefront Shift. Valc shifts 2 squares to E19.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Rorin eyes Cormic for a bit but dismisses it as him being flustered over having fallen. However, at Caelen's words of being watched, he draws his dagger and eyes the surrounding fog.
"Looks like we're about to find out what killed that man... Weapons out, circle up, we don't want to be hit from behind..."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Insight against Cormic: 1d20+3=5
Initiative: 1d20+4=19
Oooh. I'm speedy as always.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Encounter 2

"Cyrus?" Cormics responds to the knight, only half paying attention as he tries to guide the group through the woods. "Oh, yeah. He is a legendary hunter and tracker, my idol really. Wasn't really think that a foreigner wouldn't know who he was, everyone in Garland knows the tale..." The woodsman trails off, becoming alert just as Caelen warns the group of his sighting.

"Yes, I saw it too, elf," he says as he draws his own bow. "And I don't care to stick around to see what it was, either." With that, he quickly makes his way to the nearest tree and skillfully climbs up it. "I'll be up here, you guys have fun," he whispers down, before crouching into a hidden position.

Go: Cormic, Caelen
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Valc: shifts

Enemies: roll initiative

Cormic Initiative: 30

Cormic: moves to (B, 19); athletics check to climb = 18. Success, climbs 3 squares into (A, 20) [altitude 3].
Stealth to hide: 21
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
* Enemies within 5 squares of you have concealment, and you take a -2 penalty to melee and ranged (not close or area) attacks against them.
* Enemies further than 5 squares of you have total concealment; you take a -5 penalty to melee and ranged (not close or area) attacks against them and they are invisible to you (meaning to even attack them, from range for example, you just have to guess where they are).

Tree trunks block line of sight and movement, and provide cover; any square that is all or mostly tree trunk is blocking terrain, and squares that are partially tree trunk are difficult terrain. (If you are not sure about a square, ask.)

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
You cannot yet see any enemies.
Status
[SHOW]
30 Cormic (C, 19) HP: 22/22 Surges: 6/6 AP: 1/1
26 Caelen (C, 23) HP: 24/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1 +1 to defenses from Fluffy
??
23 Zara (C, 21) HP: 25/25 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 +1 to defenses from Fluffy
21 Rorin (D, 23) HP: 24/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1 +1 to defenses from Fluffy
??
11 Drake (D, 20) HP: 31/31 Surges: 12/12 AP: 1/1
??
5 Embla (D, 22) HP: 26/26 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 +1 to defenses from Fluffy
4 Valc (E, 19) HP: 25/25 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Caelen grabs his bow from his back and walks into the foggy oblivion, keeping a sharp lookout for whatever creatures were stalking the party. Suddenly, he sees a vicious wolf baring its razor-sharp teeth and growling at him. "N-n-n-nice d-doggy." Scared of what it may do to his fragile body, Caelen grabs two arrows and sends them spiraling through the air toward the canid, both striking the beast.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move to -B25

Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Wolf

Standard: Twin Strike on Wolf
Attack One: 9(1d20) +9 = 18 -2 = 16
Damage One: 7(1d10) +1 = 8
Attack Two: 10(1d20) +9 = 19 -2 = 17
Damage Two: 8(1d10) +3(1d6) +1 = 12
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Caelen

Male Elf Ranger 1
Speed: 7
Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 22
Passive Insight: 18
Senses: Low-light vision
Languages: Common, Tulrissian
AC:18
Fort:12
Reflex:16
Will:13
HP:24/24
Bloodied:12
Surge Value:6
Surges left:7/7
Action Points: 1

Powers:

Hunter's Quarry
Twin Strike
Fading Strike

Surprise Strike [ ]
Hindering Shot [ ]
Hunt's End [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]
Elven Accuracy [ ]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Prime Shot: If no allies are closer to the target than you, get +1 on ranged attacks against that target.

Group Awareness: You grant non-elf allies within 5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.

Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift.

Bow Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a bow. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll of any weapon attack you make with a bow against a single creature that is not adjacent to any other creature.

Distant Advantage: You gain combat advantage for ranged or area attacks against any enemy flanked by your allies.

Defensive Mobility: You gain a +2 bonus to AC against opportunity attacks.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As Caelen's arrows pierce the wolf he found, some other wolves in the pack spring into action. Coming from the south and west, they crowd around Valc and Drake and bite into their flesh. The first wolf catches Valc off-guard, but he is prepared for the second and retaliates once it bits him while Rorin sneaks around behind it and attacks as well, though his is a bit less accurate.

Zara takes the opportunity to sneak on her own, running around the tree Cormic had taken to hiding and quickly lashing out at the wolf that had attacked the young lord. Her first swing misses, but the other strikes true, though not particularly forcefully.

Go: Zara, Rorin
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Caelen: moves, quarries, hits twice, bloodies Wolf 1

Wolf 2: moves to (E, 18). Bites at Valc, 26 vs AC = hit for 8 damage.

Wolf 3: moves to (F, 19). Bites at Valc, 20 vs AC = hit for 5 damage, bloodies Valc
Valc uses Vengeance is Mine:
Valc MBA on Wolf 3: 18 vs AC = hit for 10 damage, Rorin moves to (G, 19) and gets a free MBA.
Rorin MBA on Wolf 3: 6 vs AC = miss.

Wolf 4: moves to (C, 19). Bites at Drake, 27 vs AC = crit! for 8 damage.

Zara:
*Draws Scimitar and a dagger before her turn begins.*

Move Action: move to (B, 18) by circling the tree Cormic is in, flanking Wolf 4 with Drake and granting both CA. (The CA basically just cancels the concealment, so there is no penalty nor modifier to their attacks)

Standard Action: Twin Strike on Wolf 4
Scimitar Attack: 10 vs AC = miss.
Dagger Attack: 20 vs AC = hit for 4 damage.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Wolf: Wolves tend to hunt in packs, so there are likely more where the first one came from. Something is a little bit off about these wolves, though...
Status
[SHOW]
30 Cormic (C, 19) HP: 22/22 Surges: 6/6 AP: 1/1
26 Caelen (-B, 25) HP: 24/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1
24 Wolf 2 (E, 18) HP: ??/??
24 Wolf 3 (F, 19) HP: -10/??
23 Wolf 4 (C, 19) HP: -4/??
23 Zara (B, 18) HP: 25/25 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 Twin Strike
21 Rorin (G, 19) HP: 24/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1
??
11 Drake (D, 20) HP: 23/31 Surges: 12/12 AP: 1/1
7 Wolf 1 (-G, 25) HP: -20/?? Bloodied, Caelen's quarry
4 Valc (E, 19) HP: 12/25 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 Bloodied Vengeance is Mine

Combat Block
[SHOW]
Zara

Female Half-Elf Warpriest 1
Speed: 6
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 19
Passive Insight: 21
Senses: Low-Light Vision
Languages: Common, Tulrissian, Imardanian
Height: 5' 5"

AC: 16
Fort: 12
Reflex: 13
Will: 15
HP: 25/25
Bloodied: 12
Surge Value: 6
Surges left: 8/8

Powers:

Blessing of the Wild
Graceful Switch
Second Wind [_]
Disciplined Counter [_]
Twin Strike [X]
Smite Undead [_]*
Healing Word [_][_]
Step Together [_]*
Faerie-Flame Strike [_]
Moment of Glory [_]
Fey Sight [_]

* Can only use one per encounter

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Corellon Domain Features: While you are subject to a charm effect that a save can end, you can make a saving throw against that effect at the start of each of your turns, as well as at the end.

In addition, when you use healing word, you and each ally in the burst can ignore difficult terrain when shifting until the start of your next turn.

Group Diplomacy: You grant allies within 10 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to diplomacy checks.

Heavy Blade Expertise: While wielding a heavy blade, you gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Although the wolves have Valc pinned down, Rorin sees a golden opportunity. With a sly movement, using the fog to his advantage, he slips behind one of the wolves attacking Valc, burying his dagger deep into it's back.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Sly flourish on Wolf 3: 1d20+7=24
Damage: 1d4+7=11
Sneak Attack: 2d8=9
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As the others are fighting the wolves that came from the west, two more appear from the east and attempt to bite Embla and Caelen, though both the mage-woman and the elf are able to avoid these attacks.

Go: Drake
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Rorin: hits, bloodies Wolf 3.

Wolf 5: moves to (E, 23). Bites at Embla, 14 vs AC = miss.

Wolf 6: moves to (-A, 25). Bites at Caelen, 14 vs AC = miss.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Wolf: Wolves tend to hunt in packs, so there are likely more where the first one came from. Something is a little bit off about these wolves, though...
Status
[SHOW]
30 Cormic (A, 20) HP: 22/22 Surges: 6/6 AP: 1/1
26 Caelen (-B, 25) HP: 24/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1
24 Wolf 3 (F, 19) HP: -30/?? Bloodied
23 Wolf 4 (C, 19) HP: -4/??
23 Zara (B, 18) HP: 25/25 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 Twin Strike CA vs Wolf 4
21 Rorin (G, 19) HP: 24/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1 CA vs Wolf 3
16 Wolf 5 (E, 23) HP: ??/??
14 Wolf 6 (-A, 25) HP: ??/??
11 Drake (D, 20) HP: 23/31 Surges: 12/12 AP: 1/1 CA vs Wolf 4
7 Wolf 1 (-G, 25) HP: -20/?? Bloodied, Caelen's quarry
4 Valc (E, 19) HP: 12/25 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 Bloodied CA vs Wolf 3 Vengeance is Mine

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As Zara attacks the wolf from behind, Drake raises his shield before bringing it down hard on top of the Wolf's head. The strike isn't too powerful but it is still enough to knock the Wolf to the ground. With the wolf on the ground, Drake strikes and it again with his longsword, however it barely grazes the creature.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Shield Bash on Wolf 4.
Attack: 16(1d20) +6 = 22 vs. AC

Damage: 1(1d10) +6 = 7

Wolf 4 is knocked prone.

Minor: Sohei Flurry on Wolf 4.
Attack: 13(1d20) +9 = 22 vs. AC

Damage: 1(1d8) = 1
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Drake Aerden

Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Initiative: +1
Speed: 5
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Insight: 12
Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:19
Fort:16
Reflex:13
Will:12
HP: 23/31
Bloodied:15
Surge Value:7
Surges left:11/12

Powers:

Bull Rush Attack
Grab Attack
Opportunity Attack
Combat Challenge
Cleave
Shield Feint

Second Wind [ ]
Sohei Flurry [x]
Shield Bash [x]
Driving Attack [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]
Dwarven Resilience [ ]

Conditions:

Important Features:
[SHOW]
Combat Superiority:You gain a bonus to opportunity attacks equal to your Wisdom modifier (+2). An enemy struck by your opportunity attack stops moving, if a move provoked the attack. If it still has actions remaining, it can use them to resume moving.

Combat Challenge: Every time you attack an enemy, whever the attack hits or misses, you can choose to mark that target. The mark lasts until the end of your next turn. While the target is marked, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls if its attack doesn't include you as a target. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. Whenever an enemy marked by you is adjacent to you and shifts or makes an attack that does not include you, you can make a melee basic attack against the enemy.

Dwarven Stomach: You have a +5 bonus to saving throws against poison.

Encumbered Speed: You move at your normal speed even when it would be reduced by armor or a heavy load. Other effects that limit speed (such as difficult terrain or magic) affect you normally.

Stand Your Ground: When an effect forces you to move -through a pull, push, or a slide-you can move 1 square less than the effect specifies. This means an effect that normally pulls, pushes, or slides a target 1 square does not force you to move unless you want to. In addition, when an attack would knock you prone, you can make a saving throw to avoid falling prone.

Heavy Blade Expertise: You gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.

Shield Push: If you hit a foe with an attack granted by your Combat Challenge class feature, you push the target 1 square after dealing damage.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As Drake knocks his foe to the ground with repeated hits, the first wolf Caelen spotted rushes down and lunges at the elf, biting him and knocking him to the ground as well in the process.

Go: Embla, Valc, Cormic, Caelen
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Drake: hits, prones, and hits again

Wolf 1: moves to (-C, 25). Bites at Caelen, 19 vs AC = hit for 5 damage and Caelen is knocked prone.

Cormic: stays in his tree all stealthy-like
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
26 Caelen (-B, 25) HP: 19/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1 Prone
24 Wolf 3 (F, 19) HP: -30/?? Bloodied
23 Wolf 4 (C, 19) HP: -12/?? Prone
23 Zara (B, 18) HP: 25/25 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 Twin Strike CA vs Wolf 4
21 Rorin (G, 19) HP: 24/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1 CA vs Wolf 3
14 Wolf 6 (-A, 25) HP: ??/??
11 Drake (D, 20) HP: 23/31 Surges: 12/12 AP: 1/1 CA vs Wolf 4 Shield Bash Sohei Flurry
7 Wolf 1 (-C, 25) HP: -20/?? Bloodied, Caelen's quarry
4 Valc (E, 19) HP: 12/25 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 Bloodied CA vs Wolf 3 Vengeance is Mine

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Biting through the pain of the vicious bites, Valcus makes a heavy chop at the wolf between him and Rorin. His bastard sword makes contact with the beast's thick hide and slices through, bringing it within inches of death. The warrior follows up with a weaker backswing, but his open wounds cause his aim to falter. Undaunted, he lets out a vicious war-cry, making his adrenaline surge, before vowing to put these terrible mongrels to rest.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Brash Assault on Wolf 3. Hits AC 21 for 6 damage. Wolf 3 does not take the gamble MBA.
Attack: 1d20+12=21
Damage: 1d10+5=6

Minor: Sohei Flurry on Wolf 3. Misses AC 15.
Attack: 1d20+12=15

Move->Minor: Inspiring Word on Self. Valc is healed 10 HP, bringing him to 22 HP and unbloodying him.
Roll: 1d6+7=10
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Valcus "Valc" Torinn

Male Dragonborn Bravura Warlord 1
Height: 6'0"
Initiative: +4
Passive Perception: 10
Passive Insight: 10
Senses: Normal
Reflex:12
Will:14
HP:22/25
Surges left:7/8

Powers:

Brash Assault
Intuitive Strike

Dragonfear [ ]
Inspiring Word [x]
Inspiring Word [ ]
Sohei Flurry [x]
Vengeance Is Mine [x]
Lamb to the Slaughter [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Bravura Presence: When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Dragonborn Fury: When you’re bloodied, you gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls.

Heavy Blade Expertise: You gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"G-guys, a little help over here, p-please," Caelen shouts as a wolf lunges at him, knocking him to the ground. Picking himself back up, he grabs his bow and shoots a swift arrow toward the wolf that had attacked him. It impales the already-wounded canine at a particularly vulnerable spot, injuring it even more. Seeking aid from his companions, Caelen slips past the brutish wolves and moves closer to the group.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Get up

Standard: Fading Strike on Wolf 1
Attack: 7(1d20) +7 = 14 vs AC = Miss

Minor: Elven Accuracy, reroll attack
Attack: 11(1d20) +7 = 18 vs AC
Damage: 9(1d10) +6(1d6) +5 = 20
Shift to A23
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Caelen

Male Elf Ranger 1
HP:19/24

Powers:

Hunter's Quarry
Twin Strike
Fading Strike

Surprise Strike [ ]
Hindering Shot [ ]
Hunt's End [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]
Elven Accuracy [X]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Prime Shot: If no allies are closer to the target than you, get +1 on ranged attacks against that target.

Group Awareness: You grant non-elf allies within 5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.

Bow Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a bow. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll of any weapon attack you make with a bow against a single creature that is not adjacent to any other creature.

Distant Advantage: You gain combat advantage for ranged or area attacks against any enemy flanked by your allies.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Opportunity Attacks
[SHOW]
Wolf 1: Bites at Caelen, 15 vs AC = miss.

Wolf 6: Bites at Caelen, 25 vs AC = hit for 3 damage, and Caelen is once again knocked prone.

Caelen: Still hits (and kills), but doesn't shift.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

The speed at which these wolves appeared made Embla wary. Something didn't seem quite right with these dogs. Where did they spring from? Shaking herself of the thought, she realized she needed to distance herself from the beast that had nipped at her. She had been lucky, not only bolstered by Fluffy's comforting presence behind her, but also managing to sidestep the wolf's jaws as it misjudged it's attack.

Taking a few steps back, Embla motioned for Fluffy to move towards Drake. Looking over to Caelen, she saw that the elf was on the ground with two wolves standing over him. Even as she watched, Caelen struggled to stand, managing to get off a killing shot on one of them before being knocked back to the ground by the other. Cursing this one, Embla cast a bolt of crackling, black energy in its direction.

As she had a bit of breathing room now, Embla took a few moments to look around at the battle, observing the wolves and their movements.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Embla shifts to C21, Fluffy shifts to D21

Minor: Warlock's Curse on Wolf 6

Standard: Edritch Blast on Wolf 6
Attack: 17 vs Reflex
Damage: If hit, 20 damage.

Monster Knowledge Checks:
Arcana: 26
Dungeoneering: 16
Nature: 5
Religion: 19
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Embla

Female Shardmind Desception Warlock 1
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 170
Languages: Common, Tulrissian, Dwarven

Passive Perception: 9
Passive Insight: 9

AC: 15
Reflex: 14
HP: 26/26
Bloodied: 13

Resistances: None
Vulnerabilities: None
Active Effects: None

Powers:

Melee Basic Attack
Bull Rush Attack
Grab Attack
Opportunity Attack
Trained Displacer Beast
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
(Improved) Misty Step
Warlock's Curse

[_]Second Wind
[_]Shard Swarm
[_]Witchfire

[_]Crown of Stars
Important Stuff
[SHOW]
Crystalline Mind: You have resist 5 psychic.
Living Construct: You do not need to eat, drink, breathe, or sleep. You never make Endurance checks to resist the effect of starvation, thirst, or suffocation. All other conditions and effects affect you normally.
Telepathy: You can communicate telepathically with any creature within 5 squares of you that has a language.

Eldritch Blast: When a power allows you to make a ranged basic attack, you can use this power.

Eyebite: You are invisible to the target until the start of your next turn.

(Improved) Misty Step: You can teleport 5 squares as a free action when an enemy afflicted by your Warlock's Curse falls to 0 or fewer hit points.

Warlock's Curse: Once per turn you can place a Warlock's Curse on the nearest enemy you can see. You can deal extra damage to this enemy when you hit it with an attack.

Shard Swarm: Each enemy in Close Burst 1 grants combat advantage to you until the end of next turn and you teleport half of your speed.

Witchfire: Target takes -(2 + Int modifier) penalty to attack rolls until the end of your turn on a hit.

Crown of Stars: If target is bloodied, it is blinded until the end of your next turn. If you Sustain Minor, make a CHA vs Will check on any target in range. On a hit, deal radiant equal to your CHA modifier.
Fluffy, the Displacer Beast
[SHOW]

Medium Fey Beast
Languages: Uh... Yeah

ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Dex 20, Wis 16, Con 16, Int 2, Cha 6

Speed: 8
Perception: 11
Senses: Low-light

Reflex: 16
Will: 16
HP: 13/13
Bloodied: 6

Displacement (Illusion, Aura 1):
Allies gain a +1 power bonus to all defenses while in the aura.

Powers:
Tentacle (At-will, Illusion): Fluffy gains partial concealment until the end of it's next turn.
Last edited by PureZaros on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As Caelen struggles, and Embla attempts to aid him, the wolves strike again. Two manage to bit into Valc's skin again, knocking him to the ground in the process, and the other once again lands a forceful blow against Drake. Zara attempts to aid the young lord, but her swing misses its mark as the wolf lunges forward. However, her attempt at least helps to soothe the man, as he is noticeably invigorated afterwards.

[OOC: Guys, you need to remember to include your updated combat blocks in each post :P]

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Valc: hits, misses, heals

Caelen: stands, attacks...
OAs
[SHOW]
Wolf 1: Bites at Caelen, 15 vs AC = miss.

Wolf 6: Bites at Caelen, 25 vs AC = hit for 3 damage, and Caelen is once again knocked prone.
Caelen: ...hits and kills, but doesn't shift.

Embla: shifts, curses, hits and bloodies
Check Results
[SHOW]
Arcana: This creature is not elemental, fey, or shadow.

Dungeoneering: This creature is not aberrant.

Nature: You know nothing.

Religion: This creature is not immortal or undead.
Wolf 2: Bites at Valc, 23 vs AC = hit for 4 damage.

Wolf 3: shifts to (E, 20). Bites at Valc, 25 vs AC = hit for 4 damage and Valc is knocked prone.

Wolf 4: stands. Bites at Drake, 27 vs AC = crit! for 8 damage. Drake is Bloodied.

Zara:
Standard Action: Faerie-Flame Strike on Wolf 4
Attack: 10 vs AC = miss.

Minor Action: Healing Word on Drake.
Effect: Drake spends a surge and regains 4 additional HP, for a grand total of 11 HP healed. Drake is no longer bloodied
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
26 Caelen (-B, 25) HP: 16/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1 Prone Elven Accuracy
24 Wolf 2 (E, 18) HP: ??/?? CA vs Valc
24 Wolf 3 (E, 20) HP: -36/?? Bloodied CA vs Valc
23 Wolf 4 (C, 19) HP: -12/??
23 Zara (B, 18) HP: 25/25 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 CA vs Wolf 4 Twin Strike, Faerie-Flame Strike, Healing Word 1/2
21 Rorin (G, 19) HP: 24/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1
14 Wolf 6 (-A, 25) HP: -20/?? Bloodied cursed by Embla
11 Drake (D, 20) HP: 26/31 Surges: 12/12 AP: 1/1 CA vs Wolf 4 +1 to defenses from Fluffy Shield Bash, Sohei Flurry
7 Wolf 1 (-C, 25) HP: -40/?? Dead
5 Embla (C, 21) HP: 26/26 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 +1 to defenses from Fluffy
4 Valc (E, 19) HP: 14/25 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 Prone Vengeance is Mine, Sohei Flurry, Inspiring Word 1/2

Fluffy (D, 21)HP: 13/13 grants +1 to defenses of adjacent allies.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Zara

Powers:

Blessing of the Wild
Graceful Switch
Second Wind [_]
Disciplined Counter [_]
Twin Strike [X]
Smite Undead [_]*
Healing Word [X][_]
Step Together [_]*
Faerie-Flame Strike [X]
Moment of Glory [_]
Fey Sight [_]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Corellon Domain Features: While you are subject to a charm effect that a save can end, you can make a saving throw against that effect at the start of each of your turns, as well as at the end.

In addition, when you use healing word, you and each ally in the burst can ignore difficult terrain when shifting until the start of your next turn.

Group Diplomacy: You grant allies within 10 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to diplomacy checks.

Heavy Blade Expertise: While wielding a heavy blade, you gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Rorin watches as the wolves try their best to take out Valc, moving in to help take down the Wolf between Valc and Drake, his dagger flickering in his hands as he attempts to strike the beast again, his slash skimming past the creature's fur.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move to F20
Sly Flourish on Wolf 3: 1d20+7=12
Miss.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Rorin

Male Half-Elf Rogue 1
Passive Perception: 16
Passive Insight: 13
Fort: 11
Ref: 16
Will: 13
HP:22/24
Surges: 6/7
AP: 1

Powers:

Sly Flourish
Duelists Flurry
Jinx Shot [ ]
Impact Shot [X]
Knack for Success [ ]
Wasteland Fury [ ]
Easy Target [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Conditions: None
Important Info
[SHOW]
Sneak Attack: When attacking a target that grants CA, deal an extra 2d8 damage.
First Strike: Gain CA against any target that hasn't acted in combat.
Sharpshooter Talent (Crossbow): +1 to Attack rolls with Crossbows.
Artful Dodger: Gain Charisma (+3) AC against Opportunity Attacks.
Group Diplomacy: +1 Diplomacy to all allies within 10 squares.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As Rorin's attack misses its mark, two wolves have better luck. The first circles around a tree and catches the man off guard, knocking him to the ground, while the other pounces on the fallen Caelen and biting him once more.

Go: Drake, Embla, Valc, Cormic, Caelen
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Rorin: moves, misses

Wolf 5: moves to (G, 20). Bites at Rorin, 27 vs AC = hit for 8 damage and knocks Rorin prone.

Wolf 6: Bites at Caelen, 19 vs AC = hit for 6 damage and Caelen is bloodied.

Cormic: continues to Cormic
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
26 Caelen (-B, 25) HP: 10/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1 Bloodied Prone Elven Accuracy
24 Wolf 2 (E, 18) HP: ??/?? CA vs Valc
24 Wolf 3 (E, 20) HP: -36/?? Bloodied CA vs Valc
23 Wolf 4 (C, 19) HP: -12/??
23 Zara (B, 18) HP: 25/25 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 CA vs Wolf 4 Twin Strike, Faerie-Flame Strike, Healing Word 1/2
21 Rorin (G, 19) HP: 16/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1 Prone
16 Wolf 5 (G, 20) HP: ??/??
14 Wolf 6 (-A, 25) HP: -20/?? Bloodied cursed by Embla
11 Drake (D, 20) HP: 26/31 Surges: 12/12 AP: 1/1 CA vs Wolf 4 +1 to defenses from Fluffy Shield Bash, Sohei Flurry
7 Wolf 1 (-C, 25) HP: -40/?? Dead
5 Embla (C, 21) HP: 26/26 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 +1 to defenses from Fluffy
4 Valc (E, 19) HP: 14/25 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1 Prone Vengeance is Mine, Sohei Flurry, Inspiring Word 1/2

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As the wolves and the group mix together, Drake finds a wolf on either side of him. He swings his longsword, trying to hit both wolves in one strike, however he is overambitious and fails to land a hit.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Cleave on Wolf 4

Attack: 3(1d20) +9 = 12 vs. AC

misses
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Drake Aerden

Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Speed: 5
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Insight: 12
AC:19
Reflex:13
Will:12
HP: 26/31
Bloodied:15
Surges left:12/12

Powers:

Bull Rush Attack
Grab Attack
Opportunity Attack
Combat Challenge
Cleave
Shield Feint

Second Wind [ ]
Sohei Flurry [x]
Shield Bash [x]
Driving Attack [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]
Dwarven Resilience [ ]

Conditions:

Important Features:
[SHOW]
Combat Superiority:You gain a bonus to opportunity attacks equal to your Wisdom modifier (+2). An enemy struck by your opportunity attack stops moving, if a move provoked the attack. If it still has actions remaining, it can use them to resume moving.

Combat Challenge: Every time you attack an enemy, whever the attack hits or misses, you can choose to mark that target. The mark lasts until the end of your next turn. While the target is marked, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls if its attack doesn't include you as a target. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. Whenever an enemy marked by you is adjacent to you and shifts or makes an attack that does not include you, you can make a melee basic attack against the enemy.

Dwarven Stomach: You have a +5 bonus to saving throws against poison.

Encumbered Speed: You move at your normal speed even when it would be reduced by armor or a heavy load. Other effects that limit speed (such as difficult terrain or magic) affect you normally.

Stand Your Ground: When an effect forces you to move -through a pull, push, or a slide-you can move 1 square less than the effect specifies. This means an effect that normally pulls, pushes, or slides a target 1 square does not force you to move unless you want to. In addition, when an attack would knock you prone, you can make a saving throw to avoid falling prone.

Shield Push: If you hit a foe with an attack granted by your Combat Challenge class feature, you push the target 1 square after dealing damage.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Gritting his teeth in anger as the warrior pulls himself up from the powerful bite of the wolves, Valcus feints a swing at the bleeding wolf before him before following up with a slash at its muzzle. Blood sprays from his blade as the swing connects and the wolf slumps, slain. He squints at the wolf as it dies, wondering weather or not it was something he'd seen in the forests near Twinriver, or some unnatural thing.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Stand up from being prone.

Standard: Intuitive Strike on Wolf 3. Hits Will 17 for 6 damage, killing Wolf 3.
Attack: 1d20+7=17
Damage: 1d10=6

No Action: Nature Roll: 1d20=10
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Valcus "Valc" Torinn

Male Dragonborn Bravura Warlord 1
Height: 6'0"
Passive Perception: 10
Passive Insight: 10
Reflex:12
Will:14
HP:22/25
Surges left:7/8

Powers:

Brash Assault
Intuitive Strike

Dragonfear [ ]
Inspiring Word [x]
Inspiring Word [ ]
Sohei Flurry [x]
Vengeance Is Mine [x]
Lamb to the Slaughter [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Bravura Presence: When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Dragonborn Fury: When you’re bloodied, you gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls.

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Well... They seem to be natural born, at least. Though... Bah! Too much thinking, not enough killing things!
Embla shook herself from her thoughts, turning her attention onto the wolf that had just bitten Drake. Calling down her curse upon it, she lanced an ethereal snake at its head. The adder wrapped its tail around the creatures head, biting at its face and blinding it to Embla's presence for the moment.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Wolf 4

Standard: Eyebite on Wolf 4
Attack: 13 vs Will
Damage: Assuming hit, 10 psychic damage and Embla is invisible to Wolf 4 until the start of her next turn.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Embla

Powers:

Melee Basic Attack
Bull Rush Attack
Grab Attack
Opportunity Attack
Trained Displacer Beast
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
(Improved) Misty Step
Warlock's Curse

[_]Second Wind
[_]Shard Swarm
[_]Witchfire

[_]Crown of Stars
Important Stuff
[SHOW]
Living Construct: You do not need to eat, drink, breathe, or sleep. You never make Endurance checks to resist the effect of starvation, thirst, or suffocation. All other conditions and effects affect you normally.
Telepathy: You can communicate telepathically with any creature within 5 squares of you that has a language.

Eldritch Blast: When a power allows you to make a ranged basic attack, you can use this power.

(Improved) Misty Step: You can teleport 5 squares as a free action when an enemy afflicted by your Warlock's Curse falls to 0 or fewer hit points.

Warlock's Curse: Once per turn you can place a Warlock's Curse on the nearest enemy you can see. You can deal extra damage to this enemy when you hit it with an attack.

Shard Swarm: Each enemy in Close Burst 1 grants combat advantage to you until the end of next turn and you teleport half of your speed.

Witchfire: Target takes -(2 + Int modifier) penalty to attack rolls until the end of your turn on a hit.

Crown of Stars: If target is bloodied, it is blinded until the end of your next turn. If you Sustain Minor, make a CHA vs Will check on any target in range. On a hit, deal radiant equal to your CHA modifier.
[SHOW]

Medium Fey Beast

ABILITY SCORES

Powers:
Tentacle (At-will, Illusion): Fluffy gains partial concealment until the end of it's next turn.
Last edited by PureZaros on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Although one wolf is fallen, the other violently pounces upon Caelen, knocking him back on the ground and biting him. While attempting to stand, the wolf takes another chomp at him. Now on his feet, he draws his bow and sends two arrows into the beast, promptly ending its life.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Get up AGAIN. >:(

Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Wolf 6

Standard: Twin Strike on Wolf 6
Attack One: 14(1d20) +7 = 21 vs AC = Hit
Damage One: 9(1d10) = 9
Attack Two: 16(1d20) +7 = 23 vs AC = Hit
Damage Two: 10(1d10) +3(1d6) = 13
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Caelen

Male Elf Ranger 1
HP:10/24

Powers:

Hunter's Quarry
Twin Strike
Fading Strike

Surprise Strike [ ]
Hindering Shot [ ]
Hunt's End [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]
Elven Accuracy [X]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]

Last edited by Scratcherclaw on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

As Caelen brought down his second wolf, Embla's body dissolved into dust, spiraling away through the forest to reform next to the trunk of the tree Cormic was hiding in. "Hey, you lazy! Join in! The wolves can't get to you up there! Shoot some tails," she called up to him.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Free Action: (Improved) Misty Step triggered by death of Wolf 6.
Embla teleports to (-A,19)
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Embla

Powers:

Melee Basic Attack
Bull Rush Attack
Grab Attack
Opportunity Attack
Trained Displacer Beast
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
(Improved) Misty Step
Warlock's Curse

[_]Second Wind
[_]Shard Swarm
[_]Witchfire

[_]Crown of Stars
Important Stuff
[SHOW]

[SHOW]

Medium Fey Beast

ABILITY SCORES

Powers:
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

The group finally seems to hit their stride, as Valcus and Caelen both finish off nearby wolves, though the one gets a last bite in on the elf before he does, leaving him only barely standing. Two other wolves once again attempt to bite, but they are easily dodged.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Drake: misses

Valc: stands, hits and kills
Check Result
[SHOW]
You also know nothing.
Embla: curses, hits and bloodies

Caelen: Stands, quarries, attacks...
OA
[SHOW]
Wolf 6: Bites at Caelen, 24 vs AC = hit for 8 damage.
Caelen: ...hits twice and kills

Embla: teleports

Wolf 2: Bites at Valc, 13 vs AC = miss.

Wolf 4: Bites at Drake, 19 vs AC = miss. (Thank Fluffy)

Zara:
Standard Action: Blessing of the Wild on Wolf 4
Attack: 10 vs AC = miss.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
26 Caelen (-B, 25) HP: 2/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1 Bloodied Elven Accuracy
24 Wolf 3 (E, 20) HP: -42/?? Dead
23 Wolf 4 (C, 19) HP: -22/?? Bloodied cursed by Embla
21 Rorin (G, 19) HP: 16/24 Surges: 7/7 AP: 1/1 Prone
16 Wolf 5 (G, 20) HP: ??/??
14 Wolf 6 (-A, 25) HP: -42/?? Dead
11 Drake (D, 20) HP: 26/31 Surges: 11/12 AP: 1/1 CA vs Wolf 4 +1 to defenses from Fluffy Shield Bash, Sohei Flurry
5 Embla (-A, 19) HP: 26/26 Surges: 8/8 AP: 1/1
4 Valc (E, 19) HP: 14/25 Surges: 7/8 AP: 1/1 Vengeance is Mine, Sohei Flurry, Inspiring Word 1/2

Combat Block
[SHOW]
Zara

Powers:

Blessing of the Wild
Graceful Switch
Second Wind [_]
Disciplined Counter [_]
Twin Strike [X]
Smite Undead [_]*
Healing Word [X][_]
Step Together [_]*
Faerie-Flame Strike [X]
Moment of Glory [_]
Fey Sight [_]

Conditions:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]

kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Rorin slowly stands as he eyes the wolf, gulping a bit and feeling the pain of its bite. He grips his dagger tight and suddenly unleashes a furry of small cuts and slices on the wolf, forcing it to fall back even as Rorin slips away from it, breaking away from the close engagement.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move action to stand up.
Duelist's flurry on Wolf 5 vs AC:
1d20+7=25
Damage: 2d8=13 +4 = 17
Wolf slides to H20, rorin shifts to E20
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Rorin

Male Half-Elf Rogue 1
Passive Perception: 16
Passive Insight: 13
Fort: 11
Ref: 16
Will: 13
HP:16/24
Surges: 6/7
AP: 1

Powers:

Sly Flourish
Duelists Flurry
Jinx Shot [ ]
Impact Shot [X]
Knack for Success [ ]
Wasteland Fury [ ]
Easy Target [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Conditions: None
Important Info
[SHOW]
Sneak Attack: When attacking a target that grants CA, deal an extra 2d8 damage.
First Strike: Gain CA against any target that hasn't acted in combat.
Sharpshooter Talent (Crossbow): +1 to Attack rolls with Crossbows.
Artful Dodger: Gain Charisma (+3) AC against Opportunity Attacks.
Group Diplomacy: +1 Diplomacy to all allies within 10 squares.
Last edited by kalis5 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.