Chimeric Ascent — IC

One-shot fights, PVP, or test builds are all welcome in our semi-canonical gladiatorial arena. Fight for your life!
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Chimeric Ascent — IC

Post by FinalTemplar »

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN - Draw your eyes to the Center Ring! Tonight, we have a very special presentation in store for you!" An announcer stands up proudly in the center of the ring, shouting at the people in the stands. "As you can very well see," He motions around him throughout the ring, "For tonight's big-ticket event, we have taken time to set up several pillars and barricades to provide a challenge to our powerful fighters to overcome." He points to his left. "First I'd like to introduce... Phoenix Crew!" Crusader Aldegaard raises a fist in the air, before pressing it against his chest, meanwhile, Caiphus turns to the crowd, waving at various members and even blowing kisses at several. "You've known them, you've loved them, and they're here tonight to settle a bitter rivalry against former friends." He says with an exaggerated tone of sadness. "To my right are our other competitors- The other half of Phoenix Crew. A true chimera if I've ever seen one, folks." He raises his hands to the sky before continuing; "Tonight will not be a fair fight - Lives will be lost. Blood will be shed. Powers this arena may have never seen before may fly through the air - You have been warned. Let the match... Begin!" He shouts, giving a polite bow before running towards the exit of the arena.

Roll initiative!
Mechanics
no yet
Map
Map Information
The ground is normal terrain. The smaller barricades are simple wooden barricades, with spikes facing toward the middle of the ring. Given time, you could reasonably hop over them, but they do not break line of sight. The pillars (which look like wooden logs) are about as tall as the walls themselves. In theory, you could climb to the top, but it wouldn't be easy. Being behind a pillar counts as breaking line of sight, and will grant cover.
Status
Coming soon xd
Last edited by FinalTemplar on Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by ratwizard »

Jozele gazes across the sands, his posture rigid, his jaw set. With a gloved hand, he gently strokes the mane of Armeion. "My will be tested, yet my strength be carried in your hooves." She nickers — recognition, possibly. If not in the meaning of his words, at least the familiar sound of his voice. Drawing his mighty khopesh in one hand, the horselord takes the reins with the other.

Initiative
Initiative: [1d20+4]=8+4=12

+3 Expert Combat Leader
+10 Scratch's power
+2 Bart’s power

27 total
Combat Block - Jozele
Jozele im Farroq al-Jaquim

Male Minotaur (Human) Barbarian 8
Languages: Common, Serran
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 185 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +4
Passive Perception: 20
Passive Insight: 13
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 20
Fort: 24
Reflex: 17
Will: 16
HP: 75/75
Bloodied: 37
Surge Value: 18
Surges left: 13/13
Action Points: 0

MBA: +15 vs AC, 1d10+10 damage
RBA: +4 vs AC, 1d4 damage

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Howling Strike
Howl of Fury

Second Wind [_]
Mark of the Vigilante [_]
Goring Charge [_]
Swift Charge [_]
Resurgent Strike [_]
Blade Sweep [_]
Crushing Charge [_]

Life-Ending Strike [_]
Primal Vitality [_]
Rage of the Crimson Hurricane [_]
Rage Strike [_]
Indomitable Shift [_]

Vanguard Lance +2 [_]
Marauder's Hide Armor +2 [_]

Consumables:

Elixir of Will (not active) [_]

Important Features:
Ferocity: At 0 HP, Jozele makes an MBA as an immediate interrupt.

Heedless Charge: +2 racial bonus to all OAs during charge.

Vigilante Level 5 Feature: +5 power bonus to Intimidate checks against those who recognize Jozele as a vigilante.

Powerful Charge: +2 to damage and bull rush attacks when charging.

Mark of Handling: Mounted speed +2 and +1 feat bonus to AC for mount.

Reckless Charge: When charging, can take a -2 to AC to gain a +1 to attack.

Cunning Stalker: CA against lone enemies with no creates adjacent other than Jozele.

Spear Expertise: +1 damage on spear charging attacks.

Vanguard Lance +2: In additional to 'Mounted' and 'Versatile' tags, charges deal an additional +1d8 damage, and criticals are +2d8 damage.

Horseshoes of Speed: Mounted speed +1 (total of 11.)

Marauder's Armor +2: When charging, Jozele gains +1 AC TENT.

Lesser Badge of the Berserker +2: When charging, +4 bonuses to all OAs provoked by charge's movement.
Combat Block - Armeion
Armeion

Female Dire Boar 6

Speed: 8 (+3)
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 12

AC: 17
Fort: 21
HP: 85/85
Bloodied: 42
Surge Value: 21

Powers:

Gore (+9 vs AC, 1d10+9 (or 1d10+14 against prone targets)
Death Strike

Important Features:
Rabid Charger: When she charges, Armeion makes a Gore attack in addition to Jozele's charge attack.

Furious Charge: When she charges, Gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes 2 sq, and knocks prone.
Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution
Registered for: 2 years 2 months

Post by Chanchabruhh »

Mechanics
Initiative[1d20+6]=8+6=14 +3 Combat Leader [Vigo], +10 From Rune of Meritorious Alacrity [Rhun] New Total 27

Combat Block - Maveith Earthcarver
Maveith Earthcarver

Male Goliath (Half-Orc) Warden 8
Height: 7'0"
Weight: 300 lbs.

Initiative: +6
Passive Insight: 15

AC: 23
Will: 18
HP: 86/86
Bloodied: 43
Surges left: 14/14

MBA: +13 vs AC, 1d10+9 damage

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
+5 item Bonus against being slowed or immobilized, +2 item bonus against effects with the charm, illusion, or sleep keyword

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Thorn Strike

Second Wind [_]
Roots of Stone [_]
Form of Winter's Herald Attack [_]
Rough Strike [_]
Mountain Hammer [_]

Form of Winter's Herald [_]
Boiling Cloud [_]
Boiling Cloud Attack [_]

Maw of the Guardian Warhammer +1 [_]
Elven Battle Leather Armor +2 [_]
Iron Armbands of Power (Heroic Tier)
Gauntlets of Blood (Heroic Tier)
Ironskin Belt (Heroic Tier)
Amulet of Mental Resolve +1

Consumables:

Scroll of Silence x2

Class/Path/Destiny Features/Feats:
Font of Life: At the start of each turn, a warden can make a saving throw against one effect that a save can end.

A successful save ends that effect. The effect will not affect the warden that turn. For example, saving against being stunned or dazed allows the warden to act normally on that turn, and saving against ongoing damage prevents the damage that turn.

If the saving throw is failed, the warden can still make a saving throw as usual at the end of the turn.

Guardian Might: Wardens choose either Earthstrength, Lifespirit, Stormheart, or Wildblood. Each option allows the warden to use another stat modifier as a bonus to AC when not wearing heavy armor, instead of his or her Dexterity or Intelligence modifier. Each option also creates an additional effect when the warden uses second wind.
Earthspirit: While you are not wearing heavy armor, you can use your Constitution modifier in place of your Dexterity or Intelligence modifier to determine your AC. In addition, when you use your second wind, you gain an additional bonus to AC equal to your Constitution modifier. The bonus lasts until the end of your next turn.

Nature's Wrath: As a free action once per turn(round?), and during the warden's own turn, a warden can mark each adjacent enemy until the end of the warden's next turn.

The warden also gains use of the warden's fury and warden's grasp at-will powers. These powers are immediate interrupts and immediate reactions, respectively, triggered by an enemy marked by the warden making an attack that doesn't include the warden as a target.

Crippling Crush (Feat): When you immobilize or slow an enemy with a weapon attack using a hammer or a mace, that enemy takes extra damage equal to your Constitution modifier.

Bludgeon Expertise (Feat): A character with the Bludgeon Expertise feat gains a feat bonus to weapon attack rolls using a hammer or mace equal to +1, or +2 at 11th level, or +3 at 21st level. You also gain a +1 feat bonus to the number of squares you push or slide creatures with weapon attacks you make with a hammer or mace

Deadly Draw (Feat): Whenever you pull or slide an enemy to a square adjacent to you, you gain combat advantage against that enemy until the end of your next turn.

Vicious Advantage (Feat): You gain combat advantage against immobilized targets and slowed targets.

World Serpent's Grasp (Feat): Whenever you hit a slowed or immobilized target with an attack, you can choose to knock it prone.

Markings of the Elements:Give up resistance to all damage from stone's endurance to gain resist 5 to chosen damage type
Last edited by Chanchabruhh on Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
Kairon Lergaros, The Shaded Jester
Eldrin Stormblade, Tempest-born Avenger
Kaze Mori the Gunpowder Titan 
KupoTheMagus

Bingus

Post by KupoTheMagus »

Initiative
[1d20+6]=7+6=13

+15 from team buffs

Shbingus

Combat Block
Runewatcher

Male Warforged (Half-Orc) Mage
Languages: Common
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 200lbs.

Passive Perception: 15
Passive Insight: 20

AC: 25
Fort: 18
Reflex: 21
Will: 19
HP: 62/62
Bloodied: 31
Surge Value: 15
Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1

MBA: +4 vs AC
RBA: +6 vs AC

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Arc Lightning
Freezing Burst
Magic Missile

Warforged Resolve [_]
Argent Rain [_]
Fire Burst [_]
Shield [_]
Illusory Obstacles [_]
Burning Hands [_]

Fountain of Flame [_]
Fire Shield [_]
Scattering Shock [_]
Pearl of Power [_]
Circlet of Second Chances [_]

Consumables:

4x Potion of Healing Lvl. 5 [4/4]
Last edited by KupoTheMagus on Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Something's getting in the way
Something's just about to break
I will try to find my place
in the Diary of Jane

BartNL
Swampperson Prime
Registered for: 5 years 1 month

Post by BartNL »

Initiative
[1d20+16]=20+16=36
+10 and +3 from team bonuses for 49 initiative total
Allies with lower initiative than me gain +2 initiative

Potion list for allies
Here is a list of potions, you can claim whatever you want, but leave some for the others.
Fire Beetle Potion (heroic tier) (4), Elixir of Fortitude (level 8) (4), Elixir of Reflexes (level 8) (4), Elixir of Will (level 8) (4), Potion of Clarity (Lvl 5) (4), Potion of Resistance (heroic tier) (4)

Combat Block wip
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Initiative
Triggering Rune of Meritorious Alacrity to give all allies a +10 to initiative
[1d20+12]=9+12=21
+10 from RoMA
+3 from Expert Combat Leader
+2 from Wood Elf Sense Threat
Initiative=36 :^)
Combat Block
Rhun of Agramor

Male Goliath Runepriest 8
Languages: Common, Elven, Grystok
Height: 6'2
Weight: 190 lbs.

Initiative: +12
Passive Perception: 18
Passive Insight: 18
Senses: Normal vision

AC: 26
Ref: 17
Will: 22
HP: 60/60
Bloodied: 30
Surges left: 8/8
Action points: 0

MBA: +16 vs AC, 1d8+8 damage

Resistances: Resist 2 All while bloodied, Resist 2 All from ranged/area attacks
Vulnerabilities: None
Saves: None

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Word of Exchange
Word of Diminishment

Second Wind [_]
Inevitable Strike [_]
Stone's Endurance [_]
Rune of Mending [_] [_]
Executioner's Call [_]
Words of Bravery [_]
Word of Befuddlement [_]

Rune of the Undeniable Dawn [_]
Shield of Sacrifice [_]
Rune of the Final Act [_]
Rune of Meritorious Alacrity [X]

Inspiring Longsword +2 [_]
Shadow Hound Armor +2 [_]
Gloves of Grace [_]

Consumables:

Potion of Cure Light Wounds (2)
Important Features
Class
Rune Master: When I use a skill with the Runic keyword, I can enter either the Rune of Protection (adjacent allies resist 2 all damage) or Rune of Destruction (allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls vs enemies adjacent to me). I remain in the state I choose until I enter another rune state or the encounter ends.

Serene Blade: I'm proficient with military heavy blades. While not wearing heavy armor, I can use WIS to determine AC. Once per round immediately after an enemy damages me with an attack, I gain +4 temp HP.

Racial
Mountain's Tenacity: I gain +1 to Will.

Powerful Athlete: When I make an Athletics check to jump or climb, I roll twice and use either result.

Theme
Ironwrought: My origin becomes elemental. I gain +1 to Athletics and Endurance. Whenever I use Second Wind, the prior bonus increases to +4 til EONT. While bloodied, I gain resist 2 to all damage.

Feats
Battlewise: I use WIS instead of DEX for initiative checks.

Last Legion Officer: When I use a power that allows an ally to spend a healing surge, they can also choose to shift 1 square as a free action or gain +2 to AC and Reflex til the start of their next turn.

Improved Initiative: I gain +4 to initiative.

Mark of Healing: When I use a healing power on an ally, they can also make a saving throw.

Battle Song Expertise: I gain a +1 bonus to attacks made with heavy blades. While wielding a heavy blade, I gain a +2 bonus to AC against OAs.

Items
Elven Chain Shirt: I gain a +1 bonus to AC while wearing this shirt with light or no armor.

Shield of Deflection (heroic tier): I gain resist 2 all vs ranged/area attacks.

Demonskin Tattoo (heroic tier): When I spend an action point, I can choose a damage type (acid, cold, fire, lighting, or thunder) to Resist 5 until the end of the encounter.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Initiative
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

Vigo pulls his monocle up to his eye, looking toward their former allies on the other side of the arena. "It is a shame we couldn't settle this in a civilised manner," he says, shaking his head as he draws his pistol. Taking out a measure of powder and shot, he carefully loads the weapon before cocking it and readying himself.

Mechanics
Initiative: [1d20]=5+19=24
Combat Block
Captain Vigo Vikus

Male Dragonborn (Orc) Warlord 8
Languages: Common, Gleiosian
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 181 lbs.

Initiative: +7

Fort: 22
Reflex: 20
Will: 20
HP: 59/59
Bloodied: 29

MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage (Scimitar)
RBA: +14 vs AC, 1d12+9 damage (Screaming Bow Greatbow +2)

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Paint the Bull's-Eye
Direct the Strike
Acrobat Boots

Second Wind [_]
Dimension Shift [_]
Dragonfear [_]
Inspiring Word [_][_]
Race the Arrow [_]
Adaptive Stratagem [_]
Staggering Shot [_]
Dragon's Tenacity [_]
On My Mark [_]
Screaming Hide Armor +2 [_]/color]

Relentless Wounding [_]
Create Opportunity [_]
Spellscar Empowerment [_]

Bracers of Archery [_]/color]
Steadfast Amulet +2 [_]/color]
Screaming Bow Greatbow +2 [_]/color]

Consumables:

Potion of Healing (Heroic Tier) x2

Important Features:
Spellscarred harbinger: Once per encounter you can teleport 2 squares as a minor action.

Combat Leader: +2 power bonus to allies' initiative.

Skirmishing Prescence: When an ally makes an attack using an action point, they can shift 4 squares (my Int mod) as a free action.

Archer Captain: You and any ally within 5 squares ignore long range penalties.

Expert Combat Leader: Combat Leader bonus increases to +3.

Last Legion Officer: When I use a power that enables an ally to spend a healing surge, that ally can also choose to shift 1 square as a free action or gain +2 AC and Ref until SONT.

Bow Expertise: +1 bonus to damage rolls for bows when attacking a single creature that is not adjacent to any other creature.

Adamant Arrow Student [Lesser Style]: You gain a +2 feat bonus to Perception checks. When you are attacking with a greatbow or a longbow and you hit an enemy with a power associated with this feat, you can push that enemy 1 square.

Associated Powers: Nimble Strike, Paint the Bulls-Eye

Screaming Hide Armor +2: +2 to Intimidate Checks.

Screaming Bow Greatbow +2: When you use this weapon to hit an enemy with an attack power that doesn't have a damage type, the attack deals thunder damage, and the enemy is deafened until the end of your next turn.

Acrobat Boots +1 to acrobatics checks.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

A silence drops over the arena as the announcer exits the sand-covered pit. The fighters look at each other from across the field, readying themselves.
UP NEXT: Ayduib, then Rhun, then Winona
Mechanics
No yet
Map
Map Information
The ground is normal terrain. The smaller barricades are simple wooden barricades, with spikes facing toward the middle of the ring. Given time, you could reasonably hop over them, but they do not break line of sight. The pillars (which look like wooden logs) are about as tall as the walls themselves. In theory, you could climb to the top, but it wouldn't be easy. Being behind a pillar counts as breaking line of sight, and will grant cover.
Status
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

As the match starts Ayduib storms forward in the blink of an eye.
Mechanics
Move action and standard action: Run 18 spaces to the right and 1 space up.
Running gives +2 movement and -5 to all your attack rolls until the start of your next turn.
Also you grant combat advantage to all enemies until the start of your next turn.
Minor action: Consume Elixir of will: once during this game I can immediate interrupt when hit by an attack to gain 25 will against that attack.

Potion list for allies
Here is a list of potions, you can claim whatever you want, but leave some for the others.
Fire Beetle Potion (heroic tier) (4), Elixir of Fortitude (level 8) (4), Elixir of Reflexes (level 8) (4), Elixir of Will (level 8) (3), Potion of Clarity (Lvl 5) (4), Potion of Resistance (heroic tier) (4)

Combat Block wip
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Rhun grits his teeth and breaks into a sprint, his sword trailing behind him. He keeps a watchful, cautious eye on the adversaries ahead and ducks into cover to avoid a stray arrow aimed at him. Sand or marshwaters. I am unsure which is worse to tread through.
Mechanics
Double-run 15 squares right and one square up, staying behind the wooden pillar
Combat Block
Rhun of Agramor

HP: 60/60

Powers:

Word of Exchange
Word of Diminishment

Second Wind [_]
Inevitable Strike [_]
Stone's Endurance [_]
Rune of Mending [_] [_]
Executioner's Call [_]
Words of Bravery [_]
Word of Befuddlement [_]

Shield of Sacrifice [_]

Gloves of Grace [_]

Consumables:

Potion of Cure Light Wounds (2)
Important Features
Class
Rune Master: When I use a skill with the Runic keyword, I can enter either the Rune of Protection (adjacent allies resist 2 all damage) or Rune of Destruction (allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls vs enemies adjacent to me). I remain in the state I choose until I enter another rune state or the encounter ends.

Serene Blade: I'm proficient with military heavy blades. While not wearing heavy armor, I can use WIS to determine AC. Once per round immediately after an enemy damages me with an attack, I gain +4 temp HP.

Racial

Powerful Athlete: When I make an Athletics check to jump or climb, I roll twice and use either result.

Theme
Ironwrought: My origin becomes elemental. I gain +1 to Athletics and Endurance. Whenever I use Second Wind, the prior bonus increases to +4 til EONT. While bloodied, I gain resist 2 to all damage.

Feats

Last Legion Officer: When I use a power that allows an ally to spend a healing surge, they can also choose to shift 1 square as a free action or gain +2 to AC and Reflex til the start of their next turn.

Mark of Healing: When I use a healing power on an ally, they can also make a saving throw.

Battle Song Expertise: I gain a +1 bonus to attacks made with heavy blades. While wielding a heavy blade, I gain a +2 bonus to AC against OAs.

Items
Elven Chain Shirt: I gain a +1 bonus to AC while wearing this shirt with light or no armor.

Demonskin Tattoo (heroic tier): When I spend an action point, I can choose a damage type (acid, cold, fire, lighting, or thunder) to Resist 5 until the end of the encounter.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Slower on her feet than some of her companions, Winona nevertheless rushes forward, sword drawn, prepared to assault the enemy team. She stops behind one of the wooden pillars, hoping to keep out of sight of any ranged attackers the opposing team might have.

Mechanics
Double-run 12 squares to the right and 8 squares down, behind the bottom pillar.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

As the combat begins, fighters on both sides run forward, taking up defensive positions. As Ayduib hides behind one of the pillars, he quickly downs one of his elixirs. Ash knocks an arrow before nodding towards Alyssia, giving her an opportunity to move into position. Alyssia moves forward, spurred on by Ash's song of battle - She takes aim at the Wizard across from her, and as she slides into position, lets loose an arrow that knocks him onto his back. Finally, Alaric moves forward and crouches down, pulling out his weapons as he glares across at his enemies.

Up next... Maveith, Jozele, and Runewatcher!
Mechanics
Ayduib double moves, and drinks a potion.
Rhun double moves.
Winona double moves.
Ash uses Knight's Move. Alyssia moves as a free action (granted by Knight's Move).
Alyssia moves. Alyssia uses Clever Shot against Ayduib = 38 vs AC, 17 damage. Ayduib is knocked Prone. 
Alaric runs forward.
Map
Map Information
Status
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

With a whooping cry, Jozele tugs the reins and surges forward atop Armeion. He witnesses the first arrow fly across the sands, catching the arcanist off-guard. Beginner's luck, he thinks of Alyssa. Taking care not to over-extend his cavalry rush, the Horselord takes up a strong flanking position near one of the massive pillars.

Mechanics
Double-Move
8 sq NE, 3 sq E.
3 sq E, 6 sq NE, 2 sq E

Minor
Drink held Elixir of Will
Readied: Once, if hit with an attack targeting Will between 17 - 24, Jozele will use an immediate interrupt to gain a Will defense of 25 against that single attack — causing it to miss.

Free
Grip weapon in both hands
Combat Block - Jozele

HP: 75/75

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
Once, if hit with an attack targeting Will between 17 - 24, Jozele can use an immediate interrupt to gain a Will defense of 25 against that single attack.

Powers:

Howling Strike
Howl of Fury

Second Wind [_]
Mark of the Vigilante [_]
Goring Charge [_]
Swift Charge [_]
Resurgent Strike [_]
Blade Sweep [_]
Crushing Charge [_]

Life-Ending Strike [_]
Primal Vitality [_]
Rage Strike [_]
Indomitable Shift [_]

Vanguard Lance +2 [_]

Consumables:

Elixir of Will [X]

Important Features:

Vigilante Level 5 Feature: +5 power bonus to Intimidate checks against those who recognize Jozele as a vigilante.

Cunning Stalker: CA against lone enemies with no creates adjacent other than Jozele.

Vanguard Lance +2: In additional to 'Mounted' and 'Versatile' tags, charges deal an additional +1d8 damage, and criticals are +2d8 damage.

Lesser Badge of the Berserker +2: When charging, +4 bonuses to all OAs provoked by charge's movement.
Combat Block - Armeion
Armeion

Female Dire Boar (Tuskenhorse) 6

Powers:

Death Strike

Important Features:
Rabid Charger: When she charges, Armeion makes a Gore attack in addition to Jozele's charge attack.

Furious Charge: When she charges, Gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes 2 sq, and knocks prone.
KupoTheMagus

Post by KupoTheMagus »

Runewatcher's eyes shoot open. He calmly walks forward, staves in a protecting flowing stance.

Mechanics
Walk forward in a straight line six squares, take the Total Defensive action adding 2 to my defenses.
in the Diary of Jane

Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution

Post by Chanchabruhh »

Maveith Smirks and spits towards his enemies. He rushes forward, Dragging his Weapon in the sand with a crazed look.
"I am Maveith. Champion of the frozen peak. And my job is not yet done."

Mechanics
Double-run 12 squares in a straight line.
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Spurring his mount forward, Josele and Armeion surge forward behind one of the pillars. Runewatcher calmly steps forward, meanwhile, Maveith sprints forward, letting his sword drag behind him in the sand. Malithas double moves forward.

Up next... Vigo!
Mechanics
Jozele (using Armeion's movement) double moves, and drinks a potion; readies an action.
Runemaster moves forward.
Maveith sprints forward (double move).
Malithas double moves.
Map
Map Information
Status
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Seeing Alyssia's arrow hit Ayduib, Vigo sighs and begins to move forwards. Spotting her brother out in the open, he breathes out and levels his pistol at the man. He pulls the trigger sending a shot hurling towards the man. Striking him in the shoulder, the hit throws him slightly off balance.

Mechanics
Move: Move diagonally up and to the right 1 square, then right 5 squares.

Standard: Paint the Bull's-Eye on Alaric Moonstalker.

27 vs AC = hit for 11 damage. Until my SONT, allies gain +4 to damage rolls against Alaric

[1d20+14]=13+14=27[1d12+5]=6+5=11
Combat Block
Captain Vigo Vikus

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Paint the Bull's-Eye
Direct the Strike
Acrobat Boots

Second Wind [_]
Dimension Shift [_]
Dragonfear [_]
Inspiring Word [_][_]
Race the Arrow [_]
Adaptive Stratagem [_]
Staggering Shot [_]
Dragon's Tenacity [_]
On My Mark [_]

Relentless Wounding [_]
Create Opportunity [_]

Bracers of Archery [_]
Steadfast Amulet +2 [_]

Consumables:

Important Features:
Spellscarred harbinger: Once per encounter you can teleport 2 squares as a minor action.

Skirmishing Prescence: When an ally makes an attack using an action point, they can shift 4 squares (my Int mod) as a free action.

Last Legion Officer: When I use a power that enables an ally to spend a healing surge, that ally can also choose to shift 1 square as a free action or gain +2 AC and Ref until SONT.

Bow Expertise: +1 bonus to damage rolls for bows when attacking a single creature that is not adjacent to any other creature.

Adamant Arrow Student [Lesser Style]: You gain a +2 feat bonus to Perception checks. When you are attacking with a greatbow or a longbow and you hit an enemy with a power associated with this feat, you can push that enemy 1 square.

Screaming Bow Greatbow +2: When you use this weapon to hit an enemy with an attack power that doesn't have a damage type, the attack deals thunder damage, and the enemy is deafened until the end of your next turn.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Vigo steps forward and with a careful, practiced precision, then shoots Alaric in the shoulder. In swift unison, Aldegaard and Caiphus move forward together, Caiphus but a few steps behind him to make sure his large armored ally gets seen first. However, Caiphus begins to chant: "Spoil and bother, fickle ol' Hogger, tickle your sickle before you crumble!" He shouts. Melador moves forward next, swirling her massive hammer as she utters a curse in the ancient tongue of her tribe, before uttering; "Water to ice, strong as winter, toughen my form and bite my foes!" She cries out, her armor hardening as she freezes the ground around her.
Up next... Ayduib!
Mechanics
Vigo uses a move action to go 6 squares, then uses Paint the Bull's Eye on Alaric. 
Crusader Aldegaard double moves straight forward, taking advantage of the Pillar to give him some protection.
Caiphus uses a double move action, then uses Disruptive Words
Melador uses a double move action, then uses a minor action to activate Form of Winter's Herald.
Map
Map Information
Status
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"That hurt" Ayduib muthers under his breath. He stands up, and decides to take a moment to regain his strength.
Mechanics
Move action stand up
Standard action: Second wind: heal 12 hp and gain +2 to all defences until the start of my next turn.
Minor action: Consume potion of clarity: Once before the end of the encounter, when you make an attack roll for an encounter or a daily attack power and dislike the result, you can reroll the attack roll, but you must use the second result. The power's level must be equal to or lower than the potion's level.

Potion list for allies
Fire Beetle Potion (heroic tier) (4), Elixir of Fortitude (level 8) (4), Elixir of Reflexes (level 8) (4), Elixir of Will (level 8) (2), Potion of Clarity (Lvl 5) (3), Potion of Resistance (heroic tier) (4)

Combat Block wip
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Ayduib stands shakily, trying to recover. Ash begins to move forward, adjusting his aim; "Alyssia, on my arrow!" He shouts before letting loose an arrow against Maveith. Maveith is able to dodge the first arrow, but the one that follows up from Alyssia hits true, becoming stuck in his leg. Alyssia follows up with a pair of quick shots against Rhun and Ayduib, shifting her stance and once more landing her shots. Alaric moves again, diving behind one of the pillars with a short, staggered breath, "Shit... shit, I'll be okay, it's just a wound..." He mumbles to himself, holding his shoulder where Vigo's bullet hit, trying to ignore the pain.

Up next... Rhun, then Winona!
Mechanics
Ayduib stands, drinks a potion, uses Second Wind.
Ash moves forward and uses On My Mark. Shoots Maveith 19 vs AC, miss. Grants a Free Action Attack to Alyssia.
Alyssia uses Ranged Basic Attack on Maveith. Shoots Maveith 37 vs AC (Critical Hit!) 24 damage, Maveith's defenses get lowered by 2 until EONT.
Alyssia activates Aspect of the Lone Wolf, then uses Rapid Shot on Rhun and Ayduib. 34 vs AC (Rhun), 20 damage. 30 vs AC (Ayduib), 17 damage.
Alaric Moves, then uses Fleeting Ghost, stealth roll 28, then moves forward again and dives behind a pillar.
Status
Map
Map Information
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Rhun shakes off the arrowfire, his hardened spirit and resolve only enkindling brighter. He makes for a quick dash across the sands again, steeling himself for the eventual melee. To attack from afar is to be weak. I am not weak.
Mechanics
Gain +4 THP from being damaged with an attack

Double-walk 10 squares NE, 2 squares N

Minor: Drink Potion of Light Cure Wounds
Spend a healing surge and regain [1d8+1]=2+1=3 HP
Combat Block
Rhun of Agramor

HP: 45/60 +4 THP
Surges left: 7/8

Powers:

Word of Exchange
Word of Diminishment

Second Wind [_]
Inevitable Strike [_]
Stone's Endurance [_]
Rune of Mending [_] [_]
Executioner's Call [_]
Words of Bravery [_]
Word of Befuddlement [_]

Shield of Sacrifice [_]

Gloves of Grace [_]

Consumables:

Potion of Cure Light Wounds (1)
Important Features
Class

Racial

Theme

Feats

Items

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As the action begins, Winona does her best to advance forward while still maintaining cover. She regroups with some of her companions at the central pillar, hoping to push forward together.

Mechanic
Double-move to the spot 10 squares above and 6 to the right, behind the pillar.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

(No RP this turn)
Up next... Maveith, Runewatcher, and Jozele!
Mechanics
Rhun uses move action, second move action, and drinks potion.
Winona uses a move action, and then a second move action.
Malithas uses a double move action.
Status
Map
Map Information
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
KupoTheMagus

Post by KupoTheMagus »

Runewatcher quickly studies the battlefield, then darts to cover. He begins to consult the words of power in his head, preparing to choose a spell.

Mechanics
Runewatcher moves six spaces to the right, three spaces down behind the fence-looking barricade.
in the Diary of Jane

Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution

Post by Chanchabruhh »

as Maveith Charges forward a aura of blood will start to form under him.

Mechanics
Maveith double moves 12 spaces Forward and Activates Boiling Cloud
Boiling Cloud [x]
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Nodding at Rhun's arrival, Jozele watches downfield. Alaric, that sneaking coward. Racing forward, he rounds the pillar to rout his quarry, bringing his mighty khopesh to bear. With a heaving chop, he sends the man down to the sands, where Armeion's tusks catch him and toss his body aside.

Retaining the momentum of the charge, rider and steed close the distance on Ash. With a wild ululation, the Horselord of Hessab runs down his second target of the match. A brutal slice and an errant hoof send the man sprawling away.

With a final crescendo, Jozele reins Armeion toward the caster Melador. The tuskenhorse catches the woman in the chest, and she too is thrown like a ragdoll into the wooden barricades ahead.

"You should have never left our side," he cries out to the hostile faces around him. "You don't deserve to be called a Phoenix."

Mechanics
Move
Walk 11 sq E

Minor
Mark of the Vigilante stance. When hitting an enemy, I can mark them TENT. I also gain a +2 power bonus to defenses against OAs that are provoked from moving.

Standard
Charge to above pillar, targeting Alaric with Life-Ending Strike. Activate Reckless Charge for -2 to AC, +1 to attack. (lessened to -1 AC, due to +1 AC while charging). CA with Cunning Stalker.
Life-Ending Strike attack: [1d20+19]=16+19=35
Life-Ending Strike damage: [4d10+17]=28+17=45+[1d10]=3+[1d8]=7 55 damage, downing Alaric. I gain 4 THP from Rageblood Vigor class feature.

No Action
Upon Jozele's charge, Armeion can use Gore on Alaric. Hits 20 vs AC (unconscious) for 20 damage, pushing Alaric 2 sq (S, SW) away.
Gore: [1d20+12]=8+12=20
Gore damage: [1d10+14]=6+14=20

Free Action
Alaric's downing procs Swift Charge. Move 1 sq E, 7 sq SE, targeting Ash with Howling Strike. Hits 28 vs AC for 24 damage.
Howling Strike Attack: [1d20+18]=10+18=28
Howling Strike Damage: [1d10+13]=3+13=16[1d10]=5[1d8]=2[1d6]=1

No Action
Upon Jozele's charge, Armeion can use Gore on Ash. Hits 20 vs AC for 16 damage, pushing Ash 2 sq (SE, SE) away.
Gore: [1d20+10]=10+10=20
Gore damage: [1d10+9]=7+9=16

Free Action
Action Point, using Crushing Charge targeting Melador. Move 3 sq S, 2 sq SW, 2 sq S. Hits 24 vs AC for 29 damage, pushing her 2 squares SW into the spikes and dealing another 6 damage for 35 total.
Crushing Charge Attack: [1d20+18]=6+18=24
Crushing Charge damage: [2d10+19]=16+19=35[1d10]=10[1d8]=6

No Action
Upon Jozele's charge, Armeion can use Gore on Melador. Misses 17 vs AC.
Gore: [1d20+10]=7+10=17
Combat Block - Jozele

AC: 20 (-1)
HP: 75+4/75

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
• Once, if hit with an attack targeting Will between 17 - 24, Jozele can use an immediate interrupt to gain a Will defense of 25 against that single attack. (Elixir of Will)
• -1 AC TSNT (Reckless Charge)

Powers:

Howling Strike
Howl of Fury

Second Wind [_]
Mark of the Vigilante [X]
Goring Charge [_]
Swift Charge [X]
Resurgent Strike [_]
Blade Sweep [_]
Crushing Charge [X]

Life-Ending Strike [X]
Primal Vitality [_]
Rage Strike [_]
Indomitable Shift [_]

Vanguard Lance +2 [_]

Consumables:

Elixir of Will [X]

Important Features:

Combat Block - Armeion
Armeion

Powers:

Death Strike

Important Features:

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Jozele and Armeion charge forward, barreling through Alaric, killing him outright. They then continue their movement, building momentum towards Ash; Ash is knocked backward and prone as well. Finally, Jozele and Armeion turn and charge toward Melador, slamming the frozen warrior into the small barricade.
Caiphon, turns towards Jozele, glaring. "I did not say you were allowed to hit my ally, CRETIN. I think you need to take a very long walk, far away from here." He says loudly, waving his rapier like it was a conductor's baton. "Once there was a warrior, long ago! They wandered far, 'til their friends were all gone!" He says in a sing-song voice, thrusting his rapier towards Jozel and their mount.
Up next... Vigo!
Mechanics
Jozele, moves, charges, downs and pushes, charges, hits, prones and pushes, charges, pushes.
Caiphus uses Timeless Trek in Mithrendain @Jozele, 27 vs Will; hits, 18 psychic damage, Target is banished to the feywild (save ends). Caiphus moves 5 squares west, 1 northwest.
Crusader Aldegaard moves 3 squares south east, uses Hold Fast on Armeion. 33 vs AC, hit for 28 damage, target is immobilized until EONT. Minor action to use Divine Challenge vs Armeion - MARKED.
Status
Map
Map Information
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Vigo moves forward, loading another shot as he does. Seeing the crusader ahead, he takes aim. He fires at a gap in the man's armour hoping to wound him to the point where he will struggle to defend himself from further attacks.

Mechanics
Move: Move diagonally down and to the right 4 square, then right 2 squares.

Standard: Relentless Wounding on Crusader Aldegaard

29 vs AC = hit for 24 damage (25 if the feywilds banishment counts as Aldegaard no longer being adjacent to another creature). Until the end of the encounter, my allies gain a +4 power bonus to damage rolls against the target.

[1d20+14]=15+14=29[3d12+9]=15+9=24
Combat Block
Captain Vigo Vikus

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Paint the Bull's-Eye
Direct the Strike
Acrobat Boots

Second Wind [_]
Dimension Shift [_]
Dragonfear [_]
Inspiring Word [_][_]
Race the Arrow [_]
Adaptive Stratagem [_]
Staggering Shot [_]
Dragon's Tenacity [_]
On My Mark [_]

Relentless Wounding [X]
Create Opportunity [_]

Bracers of Archery [_]
Steadfast Amulet +2 [_]

Consumables:

Important Features:

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Vigo steps forward, flourishing his magnum as he takes aim once more, this time at the shiny armored figure that stands across from him. Bam! The shot lands directly in Aldegaard's shield arm, not quite piercing through his armor but leaving a heavy dent. Melador glares across the way at Vigo, shouting at him; "Starting with you... I will bring about the ICE AGE!" She screams, still exuding a deep aura of frost as she begins to move across the field, the sand around her bubbling furiously as the cold seems to move with her.

Up next... Ayduib!
Mechanics
Vigo moves to W15, and uses Relentless Wounding vs Aldegaard (29 vs AC, hit), for 24 damage. Creatures hitting Aldegaard now gain +4 to their damage.
Melador double moves 12 squares to X36.
Status
Map
Map Information
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"Dark pit, hear my call!" The wounded Ayduib calls as his enemies are now close enough for him to trap.

Mechanics
Move: Move to X28
Standard action: Visions of Avaric target X40 primary attack VS: Melador Frostblood, Malithas Suncaller and Caiphus:
[1d20+13]=8+13=21 vs Will Melador
[1d20+13]=4+13=17, reroll using Potion of Clarity [1d20+13]=12+13=25 vs Will against Malithas
[1d20+13]=10+13=23 vs Will against Caipus

On hit pull 5 squares towards X40. If the target is in or adjacent to X40 they are immobilized (save ends)
On hit -2 will until the end of the encounter

Minor action: Consume Fire Beetle Potion: Drink this potion and spend a healing surge. You do not regain hit points as normal. Instead, gain 5 temporary hit points and resist 5 fire until the end of the encounter.

Potion list for allies
Fire Beetle Potion (heroic tier) (4), Elixir of Fortitude (level 8) (4), Elixir of Reflexes (level 8) (4), Elixir of Will (level 8) (2), Potion of Clarity (Lvl 5) (3), Potion of Resistance (heroic tier) (4)

Combat Block wip
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Ayduib moves forward, tugging at the strings of reality as he pulls three of his enemies towards a point he can see, then chugs a potion. Ash slowly stands, wiping blood off his face. After taking a moment to assess his situation, he pulls out his bow and shoots the mount of the rider which knocked him to the ground before, allowing himself a moment of slight revenge- "Aldegaard! Focus your attacks. Do not give their horseman a mount to return to!" He shouts. Alyssia, watching as Ayduib moves further forward, presenting her an opening, nocks another arrow. "May the Lady guide my arrow true." She whispers, letting it loose.
Up next... Rhun, and Winona!
Mechanics
Ayduib moves, casts Visions of Avaric, and drinks a potion.
Alaric rolls a death save, no change.
Ash stands and shoots at Armeion with "Paint the Bulls-Eye". 26 vs AC, Hit: 7 damage. Allies gain +4 to damage against it until SONT.
Alyssia uses "Clever Shot" against Ayduib, letting loose an MBA. 27 vs AC, 19 damage, then knocks him prone. She then shifts one square down to hide behind the pillar.
Status
Map
MapInfo
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Eyes on the three foes ensnared by his ally, Rhun makes a final rush in, crossing the sands and growing more eager to whet his blade. Soon.
Mechanics
Move + Standard: Double-move to S38

Once per round when I'm hit with an attack, I gain 4 THP
Combat Block
Rhun of Agramor

HP: 45/60 +4 THP
Surges left: 7/8

Powers:

Word of Exchange
Word of Diminishment

Second Wind [_]
Inevitable Strike [_]
Stone's Endurance [_]
Rune of Mending [_] [_]
Executioner's Call [_]
Words of Bravery [_]
Word of Befuddlement [_]

Shield of Sacrifice [_]

Gloves of Grace [_]

Consumables:

Important Features
Class

Racial

Theme

Feats

Items

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Winona continues to advance as the fighting begins, ready to join the fray as soon as she is close enough.

Mechanics
Double move to (V, 33)
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Winona rushes forward, sword at the ready as she prepares to finally engage the combat. Cheers and gasps of shock erupt at Ayduib's spell as three of his enemies are slammed into each other. Malithas quickly begins chanting something in an ancient tongue; "Sinite, et agite poenitentiam!" He shouts at Winona, his voice almost echoing as he flourishes his golden staff before pointing a long finger in Winona's direction. A soft glow begins to radiate from Winona's head in the vague shape of a golden crown. 
Up next... Maveith, Runewatcher, Jozele!
Mechanics
Winona double moves to V33.
Malithas uses Crown of Retaliation vs. Winona - Attack: 26 vs. Will. Damage: 18 Radiant. Effect: Winona is affected by my crown of retaliation (save ends). Until the crown ends, Winona takes 5 radiant damage when any of Malithas' allies within 5 squares of her takes damage.
Malithas successfully saves VS immobilized, turn ends.
Status
Map
Map Info
Translation
Elvish: "Suffer and Repent!"
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Jozele falls on his rump, though he finds rough stone floor instead of sand beneath him. What? I... Where is this?

Far woozier beyond any night of celebration he's ever partook in, the horseman finds it hard to even stay seated upright in the dank, dim corner of some unfamiliar dungeon. He struggles against the numbing feelings in his limbs, the tremendous weight in his eyelids and jaw. "Let... go..." he tries to demand, but it barely escapes his lips as a struggled moan.

The seconds pass like eons.

As soon as he has given up control over his muscles, the sun blinds him — and he feels and sees and smells once again. "Armeion," Jozele gasps, finding relief in the sight of his tuskenhorse despite the pounding in his chest. "Come. Let us teach these traitors of our wrath."

Mechanics
Save

Succeeds on save against banishment and returns to an unoccupied square adjacent to Armeion.
Banishment save: [1d20]=15

Ongoing
Readied: Once, if hit with an attack targeting Will between 17 - 24, Jozele will use an immediate interrupt to gain a Will defense of 25 against that single attack — causing it to miss.
Combat Block - Jozele

HP: 61/75

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
• Once, if hit with an attack targeting Will between 17 - 24, Jozele can use an immediate interrupt to gain a Will defense of 25 against that single attack. (Elixir of Will)

Powers:

Howling Strike
Howl of Fury

Second Wind [_]
Goring Charge [_]
Swift Charge [X]
Resurgent Strike [_]
Blade Sweep [_]
Crushing Charge [X]

Life-Ending Strike [X]
Primal Vitality [_]
Rage Strike [_]
Indomitable Shift [_]

Vanguard Lance +2 [_]

Consumables:

Elixir of Will [X]

Important Features:

Combat Block - Armeion
Armeion

Powers:

Death Strike

Important Features:

Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution

Post by Chanchabruhh »

Maveith Charges forward scanning for targets and sees Melador and Malithas

Mechanics
Move: Move to V35
Minor Action: Activate Form of Winter's Herald

Standard action: Charge Against Melador

Attack vs Melador AC:[1d20+14]=13+14=27

Damage: [1d10+16]=1+16=17

Free Action: Nature's Wrath marking Melador and Malithas

Feats Active: Vicious Advantage- Gain CA against Slowed or Immobilized Targets
World Serpent's Grasp- Knock slowed or Immobilized targets prone on hit
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
KupoTheMagus

Post by KupoTheMagus »

Mechanics
Runewatcher double moves to U23 behind the pillar.
in the Diary of Jane

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

The spectators "ooh!" and "aah!" as spells continue to fire off. Several of them clap as Jozele returns, expecting that to have been some kind of trick he performed. Maveith charges forward, pummeling with his hammer the one who betrayed him. Crusader Aldegaard, shocked at the sudden arrival of the horseman, turns his attention to the man. "You should have stayed gone- You will become unraveled." He says, his voice echoing from under his helmet, almost a whisper that hits Jozele's ears. "By Aradamus' strength, I smite my foes, and bring about their undoing!" He shouts and seems to swing with an increased fury. Caiphus' face twitched slightly as he was wrenched toward his allies, feeling gravity pile around his ankles like steel weights. "Death and plunder, wayward blunder, follow my foes and draw them under!" Caiphus sing-shouts at his enemies, twirling his blade once more before thrusting it towards Maveith.
Up next... Vigo!
Mechanics
Jozele returns into play in square U50.
Maveith moves, activates his Winter Herald form, and charges against Melador. Hits, prones.
Runewalker double moves and hides behind a pillar.
Crusader Aldegaard uses a minor action to spend Divine Strength. As a standard action, he uses Blood of the Mighty vs. Jozele. Hit: 34 vs. AC. Damage: 44 bludgeoning. Effect: Aldegaard takes 5 damage.
Caiphus uses Stirring Shout vs. Maveith (who grants CA because of Disruptive Words). Hit: 33 vs. Will. Damage: 14 Psychic damage. Effect: Until the end of the encounter, any Ally who hits Maveith regains 6 hit points. Minor Action: Revitalizing Incantation vs. Melador, who spends a Healing Surge and gains additional Temp HP equal to the value (HS Value:21). Melador gains 21 HP and 21 Temp HP. Move action: Moment of Escape vs. Malithas: Malithas slides from W40 to V44. Saving throw vs. Immobilized: 11, success, effect ends.
Status
Map
MapInfo
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Vigo keeps his eye trained on Aldegaard as he hastily reloads his weapon, continuing to move forward as he does so. Seeing the knight strike the freshly returned and disoriented Jozele, he takes his shot. This time his aim is off and the round ricochets off the man's armour causing no damage. However the shot distracts him long enough to give Jozele an opening - the sellsword to drive his blade deep into the gaps in the crusader's plating.

Mechanics
Move: Move 6 squares to the right avoiding the barricade with diagonal movement.

Standard: On My Mark on Crusader Aldegaard

16 vs AC = miss.

[1d20+14]=2+14=16[1d12+9]=10+9=19

Jozele can shift 3 squares as a free action(I'll leave this up to Rat if he wants to reposition), and then makes an MBA against Aldegaard as a free action.

28 vs AC = hit for 19 damage.

[1d20+15]=13+15=28[1d10+14]=5+14=19

Minor: Dimension Shift to teleport 2 squares to the right.

Combat Block
Captain Vigo Vikus

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Paint the Bull's-Eye
Direct the Strike
Acrobat Boots

Second Wind [_]
Dimension Shift [X]
Dragonfear [_]
Inspiring Word [_][_]
Race the Arrow [_]
Adaptive Stratagem [_]
Staggering Shot [_]
Dragon's Tenacity [_]
On My Mark [X]

Relentless Wounding [X]
Create Opportunity [_]

Bracers of Archery [_]
Steadfast Amulet +2 [_]

Consumables:

Important Features:

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Mechanics
Jozele does in fact use the free reposition, shifting to W49 before making that MBA that Jake rolled.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Vigo moves forward, disappearing and reappearing a brief moment later as he lets off another shot, the bullet bounces off Aldegaard's shield this time, but leaves him open as Jozele - Recently bashed by the Crusader's hammer - shifts past him, and gets in a solid hit, nearly sending him to his knees. Melador, reinvigorated by Caiphus' song stands shakily, using her weapon to help her up. She spits out blood on the ground next to Maveith, uttering "You should've stayed in the Frozen Peak. Bringing you with me was a mistake - And now I will correct it!" She growls. She brings up her giant mordenkrad, struggling against its weight for a moment before winding up to swing, and then slams the heavy weapon into Maveith. As she slams into him, she seems to be revitalized - her anger giving her the strength to push forward and devastate her enemies.
Up next... Ayduib!
Mechanics
Vigo, moves, teleports, shoots, and misses. Grants movement and MBA to Jozele.
Jozele shifts, attacks, and hits Crusader Aldegaard.
Melador takes a saving throw (granted by Font of Life against the Immobilize effect), succeeds, stands, marks Maveith as a free action, and uses Lifebind Attack. Hit 34 vs. AC for 34 bludgeoning damage. Effect: Maveith takes a -5 to hit with an attack that doesn't include Melador as a target. As a minor action, Melador uses Second Wind, expending two healing surges to heal for 42 HP, while also gaining +2 bonus to all defenses, and an additional +4 bonus to her AC. (+2 to Fort/Ref/Will, +6 to AC)
Status
Map
MapInfo
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"Dark mist, hear my call!" Lying on the ground, Ayduib calls forth a dark mist to hide him from the archer.

Mechanics
Move action: Nature's growth: Target X41 create a zone that creates difficult terrain in burst 1 for all characters but me.
Minor action: Visions of Avarice secondary attack target X40 primary attack VS: Malithas Suncaller (the other enemies are already in the zone, or adjacent)
[1d20+11]=1+11=12=Fail
On hit pull 5 squares towards X40.
On hit -2 will until the end of the encounter
Standard action: Wall of Fog W 28,29,30 X 28,30 Z 28,29,30 targeted spaces are heavily obscured and block LOS

Potion list for allies

Combat Block wip
Last edited by BartNL on Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Ayduib tries to pull Malithas once more, but is this time unsuccessful. Instead, he uses his magical prowess to throw up a wall, obscuring himself and additionally creating an area of weeds and roots that would slow down his enemies. Ash moves forward, lining up a shot, but instead spinning on his heel, and takes a shot at Jozele, then quickly turns and releases another arrow towards Rhun, catching him in the side. "Fear not, my friends! This battle may yet be won! Forward! FOR PHOENIX COMPANY!" Ash shouts, thrusting a fist into the air to cheers and gasps as he seems to hold himself a little more upright, and Jozele finally falls. Alyssia curses as the wall of fog appears, and changes tactics, looking around before locking eyes on Maveith, but sees that her ally had chosen him already. "Not getting in the middle of that one... Been there, done that," she utters, before then seeing Winona. "Perfect." she says, with a wicked grin, before taking aim.
"Jozele is DOWN! The Horselord is down... Wait, hold on a minute folks, it appears he is JUST unconscious. Quite the run he had though, gave his old companions a run for their lives! Let us see where the rest of this battle takes us!" The announcer yells from above the arena.
Up next... Rhun and Winona!
Mechanics
Ash move action, walk to T49. Standard action to use Risky Shot on Jozele. Attack: 23 vs. AC (this includes the negative for attempting to shoot past a creature), hits for 25 damage, downs Jozele. Until SONT, Ash grants CA to enemies. Ash gains an action point and spends another Standard Action to use Relentless Wounding against Rhun. Attack: 30 vs. AC, hit for 36 damage. Effect, his allies again a +4 power bonus to damage rolls against the target. Minor action, Inspiring Word on Ash. Ash heals for 16 HP.

Alyssia uses Disruptive Shot against Winona. Attack: 19 vs AC, miss. Alyssia uses Elven Accuracy to reroll the result, 25, hit for 21 damage. Winona is Dazed (save ends).
Status
Map
MapInfo
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Mechanics
Upon reaching 0 HP, Jozele uses racial feature Ferocity to make an MBA as an immediate interrupt.

Hits 33 vs AC on Crusader Aldegaard for 16 damage.
Ferocity MBA: [1d20+15]=18+15=33
Ferocity damage: [1d10+14]=2+14=16
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Rhun's blood boils as he takes a stinging blow from a bolt. He takes a deep breath, beginning to focus, and mutters an incantation. The tattoos along his neck glow a faint blue as he feels the energy of his ancestors bolster him and his allies around him. Give us your strength and your succor. He rushes into the fray, slamming his blade into the sands. A blue rune begins to take shape, spreading out from him and offering protection to those within.
Mechanics
Immediate Reaction: Shadow Hound Armor effect
I'm insubstantial until the end of my next turn (I take half damage from all sources)
Gain +4 THP again from being hit
Gain Resist 2 All

Minor: Shield of Sacrifice
I spend a healing surge
Winona and Maveith regain HP equal to their surge value, and all three of us gain +5 to AC until the end of my next turn
Both Winona and Maveith can choose to either shift 1 square or gain +2 to AC and Ref until the start of their next turn
Both can make a saving throw

Move: Walk to X38

Standard: Rune of Undeniable Dawn on Melador & Caiphus
Attacks: [1d20+16]=2+16=18[1d20+16]=19+16=35 vs AC = Miss & Hit
Damage: [1d8+8]=5+8=13 Radiant on Caiphus, 6 Radiant on Melador
Burst 3 zone created until the end of my next turn. All allies and I within the zone gain a +2 bonus to all defenses

Once per round when I'm hit with an attack, I gain 4 THP
Combat Block
Rhun of Agramor

AC: 26 +7 :3
Fort: 21 +2
Ref: 17 +2
Will: 22 +2
HP: 15/60 +4 THP
Surges left: 6/8

Powers:

Word of Exchange
Word of Diminishment

Second Wind [_]
Inevitable Strike [_]
Stone's Endurance [_]
Rune of Mending [_] [_]
Executioner's Call [_]
Words of Bravery [_]
Word of Befuddlement [_]

Rune of the Undeniable Dawn [X]
Shield of Sacrifice [_]

Shadow Hound Armor +2 [X]
Gloves of Grace [_]

Consumables:

Important Features
Class

Racial

Theme

Feats

Items

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Winona makes her way once more behind a pillar, finding it difficult to focus in the moment after the last attack, though she quickly manages to clear her head. Finally in range of her foes, she loops around the pillar near Rhun, lets out a battlecry, and rushes Malithas.

Mechanics
On Scratch's turn, regain 19 hp (bringing me to 51), gain +5 to AC and shift to (U, 34). Save vs daze: [1d20]=19 = success

On my turn, move to (S, 39).

Use Dragonfear
Attack vs Melador: [1d20+12]=11+12=23 vs Will = hit?
Attack vs Caiphus: [1d20+12]=6+12=18 vs Will = hit?
Attacks vs Malithas: [1d20+12]=3+12=15 vs Will = hit?
Hit: target takes -2 to attack rolls and grants CA until the end of my next turn.

Charge > Hold Fast to (U, 43) on Malithas
Attack: [1d20+18]=7+18=25/url] vs AC = hit
Hit: [url=https://www.unseenservant.com/index.php?do=showone&id=269763&macid=0][2d12+11]=11+11=22
damage and the target is immobilized until the end of my next turn

Save vs crown of retaliation: [1d20]=20 = success
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Winona charges forward into the fray, letting out a great roar as she prepares to swing. With a quick series of slashes, she locks down Malithas, stopping him from running away. Malithas grits his teeth, "The sun will burn you for your sins." He says, pulling a bolt of golden light from his spear and stabbing it into Winona's foot.
Up next... Maveith, Runewatcher, Jozele, Armeion!
Mechanics
Winona moves, Dragonfears (Hit, miss, miss), charges, hits Malithas (22 damage), and immobilizes.
Immediate Interrupt (end of Winona's turn): Demand Justice. Force a reroll on the saving throw against Crown of Retaliation (7, fail, effect continues).
Start of turn: Malithas
Minor Action: Beguiling Flash. Attack: 11 vs Will (Miss).
Standard Action: Spear of the Inquisitor vs Winona. Attack: 26 vs Reflex (Hit). Hit: 22 Radiant damage. Effect: Target is immobilized EONT.
Status
Map
MapInfo
Auras: Fog Wall (Ayduib)(Burst 1 centered on X29)(Heavily Obscured, block LOS).
Winter's Herald Aura (Maveith)(Burst 2 centered on X39)(Difficult terrain for enemies).
Winter's Herald Aura (Melador)(Burst 2 centered on X40)(Difficult Terrain for Players).
Visions of Avarice (Ayduib)(Burst 6 centered on X40)(Pulls in enemies on Ayduib's turn).
Nature's Growth (Ayduib)(Burst 1 on X41)(Difficult Terrain vs All).
Rune of Undeniable Dawn (Rhun)(Centered on X38)(Grants +2 to all Defenses EONT).
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The Horselord lays dying atop the sands next to his loyal steed. He dreams of pastures far better than the ones he grew up on.

Mechanics
Save

Death Save (gimme a 20): [1d20]=19
19 - no change.

Ongoing
Combat Block - Jozele

HP: -8/75

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
• Dying, Prone

Powers:

Howling Strike
Howl of Fury

Second Wind [_]
Goring Charge [_]
Swift Charge [X]
Resurgent Strike [_]
Blade Sweep [_]
Crushing Charge [X]

Life-Ending Strike [X]
Primal Vitality [_]
Rage Strike [_]
Indomitable Shift [_]

Vanguard Lance +2 [_]

Consumables:

Elixir of Will [X]

Important Features:

Combat Block - Armeion
Armeion

Powers:

Death Strike

Important Features:

KupoTheMagus

Post by KupoTheMagus »

"Engaging hostiles."

Mechanics
Runewatcher steps to S25 and unleashes his encounter power, Fire Burst on X42. He's also going to pop Fire Shield because, uh, eat shit.

[1d20+14]=13+14=27 vs Reflex for Half (Fire Burst) - [3d6+11]=11+11=22 VS Malv

[1d20+14]=19+14=33 vs Reflex for Half (Fire Burst) - [3d6+11]=11+11=22 VS Caph

Combat Block
Runewatcher

Male Warforged (Half-Orc) Mage
Languages: Common
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 200lbs.

Passive Perception: 15
Passive Insight: 20

AC: 25
Fort: 18
Reflex: 21
Will: 19
HP: 62/62
Bloodied: 31
Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1

MBA: +4 vs AC
RBA: +6 vs AC

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Arc Lightning
Freezing Burst
Magic Missile

Warforged Resolve [_]
Argent Rain [_]
Fire Burst [X]
Shield [_]
Illusory Obstacles [_]
Burning Hands [_]

Fountain of Flame [_]
Fire Shield [X]
Scattering Shock [_]
Pearl of Power [_]
Circlet of Second Chances [_]

Consumables:

4x Potion of Healing Lvl. 5 [4/4]
Last edited by KupoTheMagus on Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
in the Diary of Jane