Vaylar Rising — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 2 months

Post by FinalTemplar »

As Tristan continues to walk, he nudges Tone as he smoothly passes him the invitations, and continues walking, not wanting to make a scene. If Tone takes the invitations, Tristan just continues walking further down the street, he puts his hands in his pockets and lets out a slow, casual breath.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by ratwizard »

"Evening, gentlemen," Antoine says quietly in greeting as he warily watches Tristan and John approach. He covertly takes the unfamiliar invitations from Tristan, doing his best to stow them carefully within a pocket of his army jacket. "Alright, pack it in," he says, turning to the others. "Let's make this last bot delivery so we can clock the hell out. Especially before that officer comes back to hassle us again."

The psychic waits a moment, long enough for the others to continue along, before heading back in the direction of the bus stop.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Business waits for no one," Sven replies with a nod, eyeing the pass off and letting his lips slightly curl. Damn, pulled it off without a hitch. Wonder if Coltan will even notice. He follows Tone, eager to get out of this neighborhood and into a more familiar stomping ground.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime
Registered for: 5 years 1 month

Post by BartNL »

"Good evening." John nods, and continues walking with Tristan to maintain their cover.
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

You make your way back towards the bus stop. With it now even later than when you set out from Jox's, the road is deserted save for a single ground car which passes you on your walk. The Sentinel Security guard fails to reappear before you make it back to the bus stop. Luckily the next bus is only a minute or so away and soon an auto-bus arrives at the stop, similarly tired looking to the one you rode on your outbound journey.

As you file on to the bus you discover that you are the only passengers. Taking seats towards the rear, you are finally able to debrief which each other.

"So you got them?" Jin asks eagerly, looking to John and Tristan, but also Antoine who now holds the tickets.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Got something," Antoine says, hardly keen on bringing the invitations out on public transport. They got eyes and ears all over everything. He subconsciously runs a finger along the edge of the envelope in his pocket as he stares at John and Tristan for answers.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Sure thing, boss," Em responds to Tone, doing her best to sound as uninterested as she might be were she actually working a delivery at the moment. And as quickly as it begins, it's over. Guess sometimes things go off without a hitch. 

"Yep, manifest's signed, just one more to go for the day," she responds to Jin as they file onto the bus, hoping to keep up the charade as delivery folk. "Then we can finally get home and get some shut-eye. Been a long day, that's for sure." Hopefully the next location is just as simple and we can be done with this. I am not enjoying this mission, it is too outside my element. Gimme something to fix or fly.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Sven nods to Em, trying to keep up the act. "Sure as fuck has been." Not sure these assholes are competent enough to bug a whole bus service, but whatever. He rests his head back against the bus seat, feeling worn but relieved. A smirk slowly spreads across his face and he pulls out his compad, navigating to an anonymous tip site. Keossisk Heights, man armed with illegal stun baton. Brandished at passersby. Middle-aged, overweight, wearing security uniform.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

You ride the decrepit autobus the rest of the way back into the city proper. A couple of other passengers eventually get on, however they pay you little mind, as they sit together and continue their conversation. As you near Jox's you split up, getting off at different stops and then varying your routes back to the agiv joint.

As you filter back into the restaurant, you find in nearly deserted, save for a couple of regulars, with Jox busy mopping the floor and packing up for the night. Entering he silently indicates for you to head into the backroom, where after a few minutes you eventually all reassemble.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Antoine is silent for the rest of the ride, feigning a quick nap against the unyielding, steel sides of the autobus. He salutes his mock delivery crew ones the bus arrives at a stop near their destination. Disembarking casually, he lets the quiet cover of night protect him from passing eyes.

He soon finds himself back at Jox's agiv shop shortly, where the others are beginning to muster. Slipping out the invitations from the inner pocket of his army jacket, he places them on a nearby table so they can look through them together. "Surprised that went off without a hitch," he says after a soft whistle. "No trouble inside, I'm guessing?"
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The pair of invitations Antoine places on the table are each about the size of a compad. They are coated in a golden foil with holographic decorative qualities and contain the event details in a large elaborate font. They also lack names, simply stating the bearer of the invitation rather than Randis Coltan or any other identifiers.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Yeah, damn, how'd it go in there?" Sven says, immense relief that they actually pulled off their scheme. I'm impressed. We might just nail the rest of this. He looks over the invites carefully, curious if they're as simple as they appear. "No names is good. Easier to fake it til we make it... at least unless there's a chip or something in these."
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"No irregularities on my part. I fixed Coltan's registration issue with the housekeeper while Tristan helped himself to the tickets. My cover is solid." John replies.
Last edited by BartNL on Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"That's some clean work, gentlemen," Antoine says, his tone lighter than usual as he rides the high of success. Turning to Sven he nods, tapping a foot as his brain works. "A chip... that sounds like just the thing they'd hide in one of these things. You got a nose for that sort of thing? Maybe we should try and scan it somehow. Y'know, just to be sure."
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Hardly an expert," Sven says with a dumbfounded shrug, looking at the invites more closely. "But I can try." He picks up one of the invites, trying to discern whether or not they harbor a hidden chip. He pulls out his compad, looking for any RFID or similar signature coming from the paper.
Mechanics
Program/Int: [2d6]=8
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Tristan spends most of the trip back in silence but smiling. Almost proud of himself that he's still got some kind of skill hidden inside. Eventually, after making it back to the hideout, he lets himself collapse a bit onto the floor, wiping his face. "He's got a dog, I've always wanted a dog." He said softly. "Honestly I'm surprised the thing didn't attack me... he must have trained it well." He smiled dumbly, looking back up at the others. "But it went well, surprisingly well. I'd be shocked if he even knew we were in there... besides talking to that guy." He finished, looking up at Sven. "Well, how do they look?" He asks.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Sven
From what you can tell, there is no electronic aspect to the invitations' security measures.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Again, not an expert," Sven clarifies to cover his tail down the line if needed. "Doesn't seem like there's any chip or anything though. So we might be in the clear." After a moment, he flashes a cheeky smirk. "So dust off your tuxes and dresses, ladies and gentlemen. Seems like we've got our way in."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Two of us, at least," Antoine reasons. "Still need a plan for the rest. I'm guessin' the second invitation is already the plus-one, so we can't get away with everyone trying to come along with. Maybe we can scope the place out tomorrow, find a door that can be unlocked by the alpha team."

Course, I can always go in first, port out, pass the invitation off, then port back in. Rinse and repeat. It'd look mighty odd on any cams they're running, though.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Em quickly ends their charade, opting to instead glance around the autobus for obvious deficiencies that could be repaired, a pastime she finds relaxing when otherwise out of her element. That door is a bit loose, you'd think their mechanics would have fixed that already. Guess they don't much care about the safety of us common folk, though. She continues to muse over the various flaws in the maintenance of the vessel until she reaches her false stop, exiting and walking away wordlessly. She sighs and yawns before trudging her way back towards their usual meeting spot.

Back inside, she listens with great curiosity as John and Tristan explain what happened, furrowing her brow as Sven makes mention of fine dress clothes. "Yeah, I don't even got a nice dress, so some of y'all others can take the tickets. I'll just try to seem like I work there or something, if we can find another way in." Please don't make me buy a dress for this. 
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"There's a side door close to security. Can be used to let everyone else in. And if we want to disable camera's and alarms, we need to go to security before heading upstairs anyway. I also have some experience wearing a fancy suit." John says.
Last edited by BartNL on Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"How about you take the invite, and Tristan too? Worked tonight, and I'm guessing it'd work again. You can use that same authority to gain access to the side-door and maybe even the cam station." Antoine studies John's face, finding him an enigma of sorts. If he's a plant, he's sure putting in the work. But if he's legit...
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

"That could work, I'm good at standing there and looking tough." Tristan says, looking over at John.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Not sure they'd ask for invites for a hired bodyguard, least if you look important enough," Sven posits, trying to figure out how to best stretch the invites amongst the group. "Look and act like a VIP and you'd be surprised how much you can get away with." The shady salesman smirks, letting out a small chuckle that holds a memory behind it. "But if you're gonna try to figure out cams and all, might not hurt to bring someone who knows a bit about tech, yeah?"
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"You volunteerin' for the job?" Antoine asks Sven. "By the looks of us, we're not much of a tech-oriented crew. No offense meant." He gives a serious nod to the others.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"I suppose it makes sense for us to all have our own speciality." John says. Meaning, I will have to figure out what's the deal with you Tone.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Someone's gotta do it," Sven responds to Tone, offering a shrug. Better me than someone who'd more likely just punch the console when it's not working. Percussive maintenance has its place... but not here.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"I'm no good with the small electronics, but call me in if you've got a machine you need worked on. Or systematically stripped," Em responds, nodding in response to the need for a more delicate touch when it comes to electronics. 
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Sounds like we got our vanguard, then," Antoine says, looking between John and Sven. "Thinkin' we'll need a plan if those two can't get a door open for us. Emergency maintenance?" He looks at Em and Jugs. "Or maybe..."

"Jugs, what if you infiltrate before this place is even locked down? Supposed to be a museum and all. Get admission, power down in some cobweb closet, you know."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"That could work," Jin says as Antoine suggests hiding Jugs in the Museum before the event starts.

"Presumably the museum will be open as usual tomorrow, and then if they're setting up for the party tomorrow night a shipment of something might not seem too suspicious," he adds.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Good plan," Sven says with a smirk, impressed at Tone's idea. "Hell, if security is lax, could even have a couple of you hide out in maintenance closets or restroom stalls. Doubt they're being paid enough to check in every corner."
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"Or they might have upped security in preparation of some big shot making an appearance. But it's worth a try," John says.
greysigil
idk, that's pretty grey
Registered for: 3 years 3 months

Post by greysigil »

Jug listens to the conversation, digesting the plan and trying to find a place for them to fit in, until Tone proposes his idea. "Agreement: That could work well, impersonating a maintenance or labor unit?" They look directly at Tone. "Query: I am not built for stealth, how do you propose getting in there ahead of time?"
Active Characters
Atropos - #4f8596
VI-42016 "Jug" JUGGERNAUT - #c1545d
Katherine "Kate" Meecham - #ff6814
Ezra Wynter // MEDUSA - #91c886
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Shit, I dunno. I'm just spitballin'. Never done this sort of thing before," Antoine admits. "We made a fake delivery work just fine tonight. Could play that card again."

He looks over the others, shrugging. "Got anything?"
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Clipboard and a hat works surprisingly often," Sven offers with a shrug as Tone mentions another faked delivery. "Look and sound official enough and not a lot of people question you. Or just say it's part of extra security for the night."
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"I'd say go for it. Send in Jug with a handler. If security is lax, both can stay. If it's not let Jug stay behind. If they went all in, you won't get in anyway. That'd be my plan." John says.
Last edited by BartNL on Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"I may not be able to pass as an invites guest, but I can definitely pass as a mechanic sent to handle a bot," Em responds, hoping her idea is accepted. Not sure how else I'm meant to get in and actually look like I belong. "I'll go with Tug, give 'em all the shop talk if they try to ask too many questions. Fancy folk always glaze over when you start gettin' into details." 
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Yeah, could work," Antoine says with a hopeful shrug. "Em can get Jug in ahead of schedule. We thinking day before?"
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Works," Sven says with a shrug and a nod. "What probably be a normal day of operations at that point. Lax security, fewer questions asked. People stressing over party plans so they barely notice something's out of place."
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

"So I guess that leaves me to figure out how I'm getting in," He says as his mind drifts to a far off memory for a moment, still seeing the flying colors of lasers hitting their targets. He brings himself back to the present, looming between Jin, John, Sven, and Tone. "If Sven can find a side door, I might be be best suited to sneaking in, that way we don't have five people all trying to go in at once. John can probably sneak someone in pretty easily, and it might be best if that's Tone or Jin..." he pauses, thinking. "Maybe Em and Sven could go together, drop Jug off, and them say they'll be back before the party, so they can get in and settled to help the rest of us in." He suggests. "Unfortunately, I'm not much of an infiltrator. Usually someone else does that for me or I run in the front door shooting... And that's not the plan today."
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Three plans, one of them oughta work," Antoine says to Tristan. "Not every one of us needs their own way in. But we should talk about a way out. Once shit goes down, you think we should stick together until we get to our ride out?"
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"We're stealin' old firearms, and the security there will probably have some nice new ones. Stickin' together will probably be our safest way out," Em responds with a shrug. 
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"I'll be in the loading dock with the getaway vehicle. I guess have a route in mind to get there before you kick things off," Jin says as the conversation turns to the escape and his role.

"Assuming most of the party is in the main hall, you should be able to get to the loading dock through the smaller exhibits," he adds.

OOC
Are you ready to move to the next day for your attempt to sneak Jug and Em inside?
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Yeah, the only way there from the main hall is through this exhibit," Antoine says, pointing to the Jungles of Sarma showcase on the map. "Guess we'll group up and make for the loading dock together."

We're really gonna do this shit, aren't we? The man shows little sign of discomfort other than a slight tightening of his posture.

OOC
Ready to move forward. They should try to get Jug into the smaller storage on the west wing of the second floor, or the larger storage/loading zone on the NE of the first floor.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

OOC
Ready to move forward.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

You wrap up your discussions, arranging a meeting time the next morning, before you make your way home for the night. While it is quiet this late at night, no curfew is in effect and security patrols are minimal, making your journey home easily unnoticed.

The next morning you meet up by the statue in the plaza outside the Kasi'Mela Museum of Art and Histories. The elder of you might remember the statue of yester year, a bronze tribute to the early spacefarers of the Commonwealth, who risked their lives piloting primitive spacecraft linking the moons of Davon Prime together. The statue that now stands atop the plinth in the centre of the plaza may be made of the same metal, melted down and repurposed, but it represents a very different cause. Instead of the early Davonian pioneers, a 15 metre tall visage of the Escriosian Grand Marshal, Vekall Hernandez, towers over you - a ceremonial naval sabre raised in his fist.

Around you, the denizens of Kasi'mela hurry past on their way to work, paper cups of Kaioi maté, the Vaylan caffeinated drink of choice, in hand. Despite the lack of a large security presence, they keep their heads down and walk with purpose, a learned behaviour of many of your countrymen.

Ahead of you, the museum looms over the plaza at the top of the grand stair case that leads to its entrance, with the flag of the Escriosian Diktat flying from its roof top. A team of workers appear to be setting up barriers of some kind, presumably for the event tomorrow night, however a slow stream of visitors, including a group of uniformed school children approximately seven or eight years old, appear to be freely heading up the steps and into the museum.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Antoine peers up at the bronze visage of Grand Marshal Hernandez, feeling a numbness in his chest as he remembers the day of first attack. These outsiders showed up and took us for everything we had. I think it's high time we start taking our home back. He clicks his tongue disappointedly, knowing that they have a long road ahead, and it isn't likely all of them will be there to see the end of it.

"The rest of us don't need to make ourselves early. We should hang back, let Em and Jug do their work," Antoine says quietly, before taking a long pull from his cup of Kaioi mate. The blend was shit, but the credits hadn't exactly been flowing since he quit his long-haul contract to join up with a guerilla force. Still, he sighs deeply as he feels the caffeine leech into his veins and heighten his attention.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Sven frowns at the imposing statue looming over them. Talk about an ego. Bet his dick is tiny if this is how he strokes it. He cracks a small smirk as he spies the trail of school children pouring from the museum, memories flooding back. "I remember coming here in school too," he thinks aloud. Gotta start the indoctrination early. "Don't do anything too crazy with kids about, yeah?" He gives Em and Jug a nod, hoping little resistance arises with their plan.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Tristan made his way home that night, knowing already that Angelina was probably angry at him for being out so late. Sneaking into your own home is the worst... at least I know which steps are creaky. He thinks to himself and eventually lulls himself into a troubled sleep.

Arriving at the statue of the Marshal, Tris grimaced slightly but didn't let the look sit on his face long. He adjusts his sunglasses as he looks around at the others, partially trying to conceal the lack of sleep he got the night before. "Morning," Tristan says, raising his paper cup of maté in greeting before taking a long sip of the beverage. Bland, but does the job. Maybe I should try adding something to it next time. He thinks.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"I remember you causing some mayhem while I was visiting for school". John says without looking up from a disposable newspad.
"Morning." John replies, before taking a sip of his Kaioi maté. Shit blend