The 2nd Fleet: Journey to the Edge of the Known World — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by FinalTemplar »

Taliesin does his best to hold still as the fish approaches, and yet still finds himself slightly shaken when the crash occurs. He catches himself though, riding the wave.

Mechanics
Acrobatics: [1d20+4]=17+4=21
Initiative: [1d20+4]=11+4=15
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"In my experience, the scared flee. Perhaps there's a dash of rage in this lashing out, hm?" Raj says, clutching onto the boat as the fish takes a bite from it. I wasn't planning on a swim today. She just had to shoot the damned thing...
Mechanics
Acro: 15 mod, auto-succeed

Init: [1d20+8]=18+8=26
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

Encounter 1: Round 1

"Ahhh Gods!" Ko shouts as the rocking boat tosses him into the water along with Armantine and Eldrin, the trio splashing the rest of you with water as they hit the surface.

"Maybe we can still drive it off before it sinks the boat," Zemi says as she draws her sword, peering over the edge of the boat as it stabilises, looking for the fish.

Go: Heidi, Raj
Mechanics
Armantine: fails and falls into the water.

Heidi: success.

Eldrin: fails and falls into the water.

Doran: success.

Taliesin: success.

Raj: success.

Ko: 14 vs DC = fail, falls into the water, rolls initiative, 18.

Zemi: 18 vs DC = success, rolls initiative, 19.
Map
With limited space to move about on the boat and featureless water around it, we won't be making use of a map for this encounter.

The main movement options will relate to getting in/out of the boat or the enemy getting closer to it or further away which will be reflected in the status block by three different statuses.

In Boat: You are inside the boat, if you so wish you can hop overboard with a move action.

Next to Boat: You are in the water next to the boat, enemies with this status count as within melee range of anyone in the boat, you can use a move action to swim Away from the Boat, or climb up Into the Boat with Athletics check of DC 10. Any mechanics relating to swimming/fighting in water apply.

Away from Boat: You are in the water and at least one round of movement away from the boat. Enemies with this status are out of melee range of the boat. Any mechanics relating to swimming/fighting in water apply.
Status

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Miraj carries an annoyed expression on his face as he pulls his intricate dagger from its sheath. Its blade is curved, ending at a particularly honed tip. Its metallic silver shimmers for a moment before his thumb traces over the fire opal embedded in the hilt. In an instant, a crimson-orange aura begins emitting from the steel and a scorching heat soon after. We might check dinner off the list if all goes well. Precooked if I am to have anything to do about it.

Dagger tightly clutched in his hand, he eyes the scaled creature and readies himself. With finesse, grace, and a touch of desperation, Raj plunges his blade into the fish, its flesh searing as the flaming aura meets it. Reminiscent of that little place by the harbor where they butcher and cook in front of you. Though perhaps more violent... Hm.
Mechanics
Free Action: Flaming Accurate dagger +1 at-will
All untyped damage dealt with this weapon changes to fire damage

Standard: Blistering Flourish on Fish
Attack: [1d20+11]=8+11=19 vs Reflex = Hit
Damage: [1d8+8]=4+8=12 fire damage
Until the end of my next turn, my melee attacks deal 4 extra fire damage

No Action: Desert Wind Flurry of Blows
Fish takes 6 fire damage
Combat Block
Miraj Am'khar

Male Hengeyokai Monk 6
Languages: Common, Serran
Height: 5'11
Weight: 150 lbs.

Speed: 7
Initiative: +8
Passive Perception: 13
Passive Insight: 13
Senses: Low-light vision

AC: 23
Fort: 16
Ref: 19
Will: 18
HP: 51/51
Bloodied: 25
Surge Value: 12
Surges left: 9/9
Action points: 1

MBA: +8 vs AC, 1d4+3 damage
RBA: +13 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage

Resistances: 5 Fire
Vulnerabilities: None
Saves: +2 vs immobilize, restrain, slow, & grab escapes

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Desert Wind Flurry of Blows
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms
Agile Recovery

Flaming Accurate dagger +1

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [_]
Light the Fire [_]
Burning Brand [_]
Quicksilver Motion [_]

Flowform Cloth Armor [_]

Masterful Spiral [_]
Water Gives Way [_]
Flaming Accurate dagger +1 [_]
Rain of Hammers Ki Focus +1 [_]

Consumables:

Vial of Darkness
Important Features
Class
Unarmed Combatant: I can use monk unarmed strike with weapon attacks. 

Unarmored Defense: While wearing cloth or no armor with no shield, I gain +2 to AC.

Desert Wind: I gain resist 5 fire.

Racial
Beast Nature: I'm considered both a magical beast and a humanoid.

Fey Origin: I'm considered a fey creature.

Shapechanger: I'm considered a shapechanger for blahblah effects.

Elusive: I gain +2 to grab escape checks and saving throws against immobilized, restrained, and slowed.

Language of Beasts: While in beast or hybrid form, I can understand creatures of a similar type.

Nature's Mask Cat: I gain +2 to acrobatics and climb speed equal to my speed while in Nature's Mask

Theme
Sarifal Feywarden: I gain +2 to Nature and can cast the Spirit Fetch ritual once per day without components.

Feats
Sneak of Shadows: I gain training in thievery. Once per encounter, I can use Sneak Attack.

Unarmored Agility: I gain +2 to AC while wearing cloth or no armor.

Cunning Stalker: I have combat advantage against enemies with no other adjacent creatures than me.

Versatile Expertise: I gain a +1/2/3 bonus to attacks made with light blades and ki foci.

Items
Rain of Hammers Ki Focus +1: Whenever I reduce an enemy to 0 HP, one adjacent enemy to me takes 3 damage.

Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier): I gain +2 to melee damage rolls.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

narration tba

Mechanics
Minor Action: Hunter's Quarry on fish

Standard Action: Twin Strike on fish
Attack 1: [1d20+13]=18+13=31 vs AC = hit?
Hit: [1d10+4]=2+4=6 damage
Attack 2: [1d20+13]=14+13=27 vs AC = hit?
Hit: [1d10+4]=5+4=9 damage
Quarry: [1d6]=2 additional damage applied to attack 1, assuming both attacks hit

Combat Block
tba
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Zemi attempts to slash at the fish with her shortsword, but it harmlessly bounces off its spiny dorsal fin. Meanwhile Ko is able to clamber back aboard.
"Chuck me in the water? See how you like this," the sodden dwarf shouts as he brings his hammer down on the beast.

Go: Doran
Mechanics
Raj: hits, hits.

Heidi: quarries, hits, hits.

Zemi: MBA against Fish, 15 vs AC = miss.

Ko: Tries to climb into the boat, 11 Athletics vs DC = success, Earth Shield Strike against Fish, 23 vs AC = hit for 13 damage, +1 to AC until EONT.
Map
With limited space to move about on the boat and featureless water around it, we won't be making use of a map for this encounter.

The main movement options will relate to getting in/out of the boat or the enemy getting closer to it or further away which will be reflected in the status block by three different statuses.

In Boat: You are inside the boat, if you so wish you can hop overboard with a move action.

Next to Boat: You are in the water next to the boat, enemies with this status count as within melee range of anyone in the boat, you can use a move action to swim Away from the Boat, or climb up Into the Boat with Athletics check of DC 10. Any mechanics relating to swimming/fighting in water apply.

Away from Boat: You are in the water and at least one round of movement away from the boat. Enemies with this status are out of melee range of the boat. Any mechanics relating to swimming/fighting in water apply.
Status
BartNL
Swampperson Prime
Registered for: 5 years

Post by BartNL »

With a wry smile, Doran grabs his weapon and attacks the fish.

Mechanics
Howling Strike vs. Fish [1d20+13]=11+13=24+3=27 vs. AC
For [2d6r1]=8+[1d6]=3+7=18 damage
Reaction
When an ally is hit use Mighty Hew
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Doran stabs the fish with his spear, however it is still not enough to deter the animal, which turns and swims straight for Sister Armantine. Doran is able to land another thrust of his spear, but the animal bites at the woman in the water, gripping her in its jaws before diving beneath the surface pulling the elf into the depths.

Go: Taliesin, Eldrin, Armantine
Mechanics
Doran: hits.

Fish: bites at Armantine, 31 vs AC = hit for 8 damage, 

Doran: interrupts with Mighty Hew, (1d20)17+13=30 vs AC, hits for (4d6)15+7= 22 damage?, bloodies, and halves damage taken by Armantine to 4.

Fish: Armantine is grabbed, swims down Underwater

Underwater mechanics added to Map Info.
Map Info

In Boat: You are inside the boat, if you so wish you can hop overboard as a free action.

Underwater: You are fully submersed underwater and out of range of any melee attacks from within the boat. Ranged attacks take a -5 penalty to hit any creature underwater. You can get to this position from either of the other water positions with a round's movement of swimming and vice versa. Any mechanics relating to swimming/fighting in water apply, including the following;

Suffocation in Strenuous Situations: In strenuous situations, such as combat, going without air is very hard. A character holding his or her breath during underwater combat, for instance, must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of his or her turn in a round in which he or she takes damage.

Failure: When a character fails the check, he or she loses a healing surge and must continue to make checks against DC 25, then against DC 30, and so on. A character who fails a check and has no healing surges takes damage equal to his or her level.
A character cannot regain healing surges lost to starvation, thirst, or suffocation until he or she eats a meal, drinks, or gains access to air again, respectively.
A character who has 0 hit points or fewer and continues to be subject to one of these effects keeps taking damage as described above until he or she dies or is rescued.
Status
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

As Taliesin sees Armantine get dragged under, he lets out a small growl. "Keep the boat steady." He says, before hastily leaping into the water and diving below the surface. Swiftly he swims under, attempting to chase after the fish. Once he's within reach he quickly slashes out, attempting to slice the thing in two.
Mechanics
Athletics to swim: [1d20+2]=12+2=14
Free action: dive underwater (talked with jake)
Minor action: Aegis of Assault - Fish - Fish is MARKED, takes a -2 penalty to hit targets other than me, if it does it anyways I can teleport to him and make an MBA within 10 squares.
Attack roll, Eldritch Strike: [1d20+12]=7+12=19
Damage roll, Eldritch Strike: [1d8+9]=5+9=14
Combat Block
Taliesin

Male Elf Swordmage|Warlock Level 6
Languages: Andorian, Elven, Modern Serran
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 175 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +4
Passive Perception: 17
Passive Insight: 15
Senses: Low-light Vision

AC: 21
Fort: 17
Reflex: 17
Will: 17
HP: 57/57
Bloodied: 28
Surge Value: 14
Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1

MBA: Eldritch Strike +12 vs AC, 1d8+9 damage
MBA: Shielding Blade Longsword +6 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
RBA (unarmed): +1 vs AC, 1d4+1 damage

Resistances:

Vulnerabilities: none

Saves: +5 Racial Bonus against Charm Effects

Active Effects:

Powers:
Eldritch Strike
Sword Burst
Warlock's Curse

Aegis of Assault [x]
Blazing Pursuit [_]
Fiery Bolt [_]
Shadow Ride [_]

Consumables: none

Important Features
Power Details
Eldritch Strike - Standard Action - One Creature - +12 vs AC - 1[W]+9 damage, slide target 1 square.
Sword Burst - Standard Action - Close Burst 1 - +8 vs Reflex - 1d6+4 Force
Warlock's Curse - Minor Action - Closest Enemy in LoS - Add 1d6 damage to one successful hit per turn. 
Second Wind - Standard Action - Spend a healing surge and gain +2 to all defenses until SONT.
Guardian's Counter - Immediate Interrupt - Close Burst 2 - Trigger: An ally within 2 squares is hit by an attack and I am not included in the attack. Effect: The ally and I shift up to 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. I become the target of the triggering attack, in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, I can make a basic attack against the attacker.
Fey Step - Move Action - Personal - Effect: Teleport up to 5 squares.
Aegis of Assault - Minor Action - Close Burst 2 - Target One Creature in Burst - Effect: Mark Target. If my marked target makes an attack and doesn't include me in the attack, it takes -2 to hit. If the attack still hits and the marked target is within 10 squares, I can use my immediate reaction to teleport to a square adjacent to the target and make an MBA against it. Can't take the immediate reaction if no open squares exist near the target.
Blazing Pursuit - Standard Action - +11 vs AC - 1[W]+4 Fire damage. If the target is within 5 squares at EONT (enemy), as a free action I can teleport to a space that must be adjacent to the target. (Aegis) I can teleport to a space adjacent to the target even if I do not have a line of sight to that space.
Fiery Bolt - Standard Action - Ranged 10 - One creature - +8 vs Reflex - 3d6+7 Fire damage +1d6 (once per round). Adjacent enemies take 1d6+8 Fire damage.
Shadow Ride - Move Action - Personal - Effect: I shift up to 2 squares and can enter any enemy's space during this movement. I can end this movement in an enemy's space. If I do so, whenever the enemy moves before the start of my next turn, I move with it, remaining in its space. I do not provoke opportunity attacks for this movement. At the start of my next turn, I appear in the nearest unoccupied space.
Dimensional Thunder - Standard Action - One Creature - +11 vs Fort - Effect: Teleport a number of squares equal to Con modifier - 2d8+9 Thunder damage - Effect: Each enemy adjacent (to me) gains ongoing 5 thunder damage (save ends).
Host of Shields - Minor Action - Personal - Effect: Until the stance ends, gain +2 power bonus to AC and Reflex.
Tyrannical Threat - Standard Action - Close Burst 3 - Target: Each Enemy in Burst - +8 vs Will - Hit: 1d10+7 Psychic damage, and place my Warlock's Curse on the Target, +1d6 once per round - Miss: Half Damage. Infernal Pact: Place my Warlock's Curse on the Target. Effect: Until EOTE whenever I'm attacked by a Cursed creature, it takes psychic damage equal to my Int mod (+4).

Class Features
Swordbond - By spending 1 hour of meditation with a light or heavy blade, I forge a special bond with it. As a standard action, I can call my bonded weapon to my hand from up to 10 squares away. Only 1 bond at a time. 1 hour of meditation can restore the weapon as long as I can recover a fragment of the blade.
Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid) - Aegis of Assault - Once per Encounter, regain use if the target is reduced to 0 hp.
Eldritch Pact - Fey Pact (Hybrid)
Eldritch Strike - I use Constitution as my Key ability with Eldritch Strike.
Warlock Will (Hybrid) +1 to Will Save.
Racial Features
Ability Score Increase: +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma
Skill Bonuses: +2 Arcana, +2 History
Eladrin Education: +1 Bonus Skill
Eladrin Weapon Proficiency: Gain proficiency with the Longsword
Eladrin Will: +1 bonus to Will. In addition, gain a +5 bonus vs Charm effects.
Fey Origin: Considered a Fey Creature in terms of origin.
Fey Step: Gain the Fey Step power.
Trance: Rather than sleep, may Trance for 4 hours to gain the benefits of an extended rest. During this time, I am fully aware of my surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.
Theme Features
Level 1 Guardian: Guardian's Counter (Encounter Power)
Level 5 Guardian: +2 power bonus to Insight and Perception checks.
Feat(ure)s
Eldritch Blade - When I use Eldritch Strike and wield a Longsword, I gain a +1 bonus to my attack roll.
Eladrin Soldier - I gain proficiency with all spears and a +2 bonus to damage rolls with longswords and all spears.
White Lotus Riposte - After hitting an enemy with an Arcane at-will Attack power, if they hit me before SONT that enemy takes damage equal to the ability mod of the attack power's damage. (4 Damage)
War Wizard's Expertise - Gain a +1 feat bonus to attack rolls of arcane powers and basic attacks made with light or heavy blades. Also, when using an arcane attack power with a light or heavy blade, my attack rolls take a -5 penalty against my allies.
Eladrin Swordmage Advance - When I use my fey step racial power to teleport to a square adjacent to an enemy, you can make a melee basic attack against that enemy as a free action.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Armantine lets out a cry as she feels mighty jaws tighten around her, pulling her into the depths. I'm not your lunch, she thinks, fighting back the gargantuan creature with a thrust of her lance. However, keep this up and you will be mine.

Mechanics
Standard

Valiant Strike on Fish. (+2 to Flank, -2 for Lance)
Hits AC 31 for 15 damage.

Valiant Strike: [1d20+13]=18+13=31
Valiant Strike: [1d10+8]=7+8=15

Move
Escape attempt using Athletics. 14 vs Fort(?) = fail?
Escape (Athletics): [1d20+8]=6+8=14
Combat Block
Sister Armantine Peroult

Female Vryloka Cleric | Cavalier 6
Languages: Common, Imardanian
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 160 lbs.

Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 16
Passive Insight: 14
Senses: Low-Light Vision

Fort: 20
Reflex: 14
HP: 50/50
Surges left: 10/10

MBA: +12 vs AC, 1d10+8
RBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4

Resistances:
8 Necrotic Resistance

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Righteous Brand
Defender Aura
Righteous Radiance
Valiant Strike

Scale Armor of Sacrifice +1

Second Wind [_]
Valiant Charge [_]
Lifeblood [_]
Healing Word [_]
Healer's Mercy [_]
Healing Strike [_]
Strength from Valor [_]

Dynamic Lance +2 [_]

Paladin's Judgment [_]
Blackened Soul [_]
Moment of Glory [_]
Call Celestial Steed [_]

Scale Armor of Sacrifice +1 [_]
Wavestrider Boots [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
Racial Features

Blood Dependency: When bloodied, Armantine's healing surge value drops by 2, from 12 to 10.

Human Heritage: +5 racial bonus to Bluff checks made to pass as a "human".

Living Dead: Arma is considered both living and undead. If a power has different effects on living versus undead creatures, I choose which effect applies.

Necrotic Resistance: 8 Necrotic Resistance

Class Features

Battle Cleric's Lore: When using a cleric healing power to allow a target to spend a healing surge, they gain +2 to attack rolls until EOMNT.

Feat Features

Mark of Handling: When mounted on a natural beast or with a beast companion, they gain a +2 feat bonus to speed and +1 feat bonus to AC.

Last Legion Officer: When using a power that would enable an ally to spend a surge, they can also choose to shift 1 square as a free action, or instead gain a +2 bonus to AC and Reflex TSONT.

Two-Handed Weapon Expertise: +1 bonus to damage of charge attacks with a two-handed melee weapon.

Item Features

Wavestrider Boots: If Arma begins her turn on a solid surface, she can move across liquid as normal terrain. If she is still on liquid at turn-end, she falls in.
Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution
Registered for: 2 years 2 months

Post by Chanchabruhh »

With a surge of determination, Eldrin dives deeper into the churning depths, his movements swift and sure despite the weight of his armor. As he closes in on the massive fish, he summons the power of the storm within him, channeling it through his flail.

Mechanics
Free Action- All Damage dealt by this weapon is lightning damage, another free action returns the damage to normal

Standard
Ardent Strike on Fish. (+2 to Flank, +1 from Charging, -2 for Lance)
 24 for 13 damage.
Ardent Strike [1d20+12]=12+12=24
Ardent Strike Damage [2d6+9]=4+9=13
Combat Block

Combat Block
Eldrin Stormblade
Male 
Languages: Common, Okani
Height: 6'2
Weight: 315 

Speed: 5
Passive Perception: 15
Senses: 

AC: 22
Fort: 18
Ref: 15
HP:60/60
Bloodied:30 
Surge Value:17 
Surges left: 12
Action points: 

MBA: +11
RBA: +7

Resistances: 
Saves: 

Powers:
Lay on hands
Divine Challenge
Ardent Strike
Divine Sanction
Valiant Strike

Divine Strength
Valorous Smite
Call to Arms

Consumables:
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
Kairon Lergaros, The Shaded Jester
Eldrin Stormblade, Tempest-born Avenger
Kaze Mori the Gunpowder Titan 
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Encounter 1: Round 2

With Armantine pulled beneath the water, both Taliesin and Eldrin dive in after her. The trio strike at the fish, wounding it further, but it maintains its vice like grip on the Elysian militant.

Mechanics
Taliesin: gets in water, swims underwater, marks, hits.

Armantine: hits, fails to escape.

Eldrin: gets in water, fails to move, charges, hits.

Boat: floats.
Map Info

In Boat: You are inside the boat, if you so wish you can hop overboard as a free action.

Underwater: You are fully submersed underwater and out of range of any melee attacks from within the boat. Ranged attacks take a -5 penalty to hit any creature underwater. You can get to this position from either of the other water positions with a round's movement of swimming and vice versa. Any mechanics relating to swimming/fighting in water apply, including the following;

Suffocation in Strenuous Situations: In strenuous situations, such as combat, going without air is very hard. A character holding his or her breath during underwater combat, for instance, must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of his or her turn in a round in which he or she takes damage.

Failure: When a character fails the check, he or she loses a healing surge and must continue to make checks against DC 25, then against DC 30, and so on. A character who fails a check and has no healing surges takes damage equal to his or her level.
A character cannot regain healing surges lost to starvation, thirst, or suffocation until he or she eats a meal, drinks, or gains access to air again, respectively.
A character who has 0 hit points or fewer and continues to be subject to one of these effects keeps taking damage as described above until he or she dies or is rescued.
Status
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Raj watches the water uneasily, peering over the edge of the boat to see if he can spy the action below. Perhaps if I was not wearing silks... Actually, this is linen as I think of it. Hm. No. They have it handled.
Mechanics
Hold Action: If the fish resurfaces alive, use Blistering Flourish on it
Combat Block
Miraj Am'khar

Male Hengeyokai Monk 6
Languages: Common, Serran
Height: 5'11
Weight: 150 lbs.

Speed: 7
Initiative: +8
Passive Perception: 13
Passive Insight: 13
Senses: Low-light vision

Fort: 16
Ref: 19
HP: 51/51
Surges left: 9/9
Action points: 1

MBA: +8 vs AC, 1d4+3 damage
RBA: +13 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage

Resistances: 5 Fire
Saves: +2 vs immobilize, restrain, slow, & grab escapes

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Desert Wind Flurry of Blows
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms
Agile Recovery

Flaming Accurate dagger +1

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [_]
Light the Fire [_]
Burning Brand [_]
Quicksilver Motion [_]

Flowform Cloth Armor [_]

Masterful Spiral [_]
Water Gives Way [_]
Flaming Accurate dagger +1 [_]
Rain of Hammers Ki Focus +1 [_]

Consumables:

Vial of Darkness
Important Features
Class
Unarmed Combatant: I can use monk unarmed strike with weapon attacks. 

Unarmored Defense: While wearing cloth or no armor with no shield, I gain +2 to AC.

Desert Wind: I gain resist 5 fire.

Racial
Beast Nature: I'm considered both a magical beast and a humanoid.

Fey Origin: I'm considered a fey creature.

Shapechanger: I'm considered a shapechanger for blahblah effects.

Elusive: I gain +2 to grab escape checks and saving throws against immobilized, restrained, and slowed.

Language of Beasts: While in beast or hybrid form, I can understand creatures of a similar type.

Nature's Mask Cat: I gain +2 to acrobatics and climb speed equal to my speed while in Nature's Mask

Theme
Sarifal Feywarden: I gain +2 to Nature and can cast the Spirit Fetch ritual once per day without components.

Feats
Sneak of Shadows: I gain training in thievery. Once per encounter, I can use Sneak Attack.

Unarmored Agility: I gain +2 to AC while wearing cloth or no armor.

Cunning Stalker: I have combat advantage against enemies with no other adjacent creatures than me.

Versatile Expertise: I gain a +1/2/3 bonus to attacks made with light blades and ki foci.

Items
Rain of Hammers Ki Focus +1: Whenever I reduce an enemy to 0 HP, one adjacent enemy to me takes 3 damage.

Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier): I gain +2 to melee damage rolls.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As Armantine is pulled underwater, Heidi moves closer to the edge of the boat in hopes of spotting their foe beneath. Lining up her sight, she once more attempts to hit the fleeing creature.
Mechanics
Standard Action: Twin Strike on Fish
Attack 1: [1d20+8]=12+8=20 vs AC = hit?
Attack 2: [1d20+8]=1+8=9 = critical miss
Quarry: if attack 1 hits, apply [1d6]=6 additional damage
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As Raj holds, waiting for the beast to resurface, Ko follows suit, keeping his hammer at the ready.

Meanwhile Zemi copies Heidi and loosens an arrow into the depths, however the water proves to provide too much resistance and it looses it momentum far from its target.

Go: Doran
Mechanics
Raj: holds action.

Heidi: hits, misses.

Zemi: Fading Strike on Fish, critical miss.

Ko: readies Earth Shield Strike for if fish resurfaces.
Map Info

Status
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Seeing things go south, Doran jumps in the water to engage the fishy threat.
Mechanics
Minor Action: Ioun's Revelation power: until the end of the encounter, my allies and I gain +1 endurance (stacks with Explorer bonus to endurance for +3 endurance to everyone in the party)
Free Action: Move next to the boat
Move Action: Move Underwater (minimum 16 athletics = auto success)
Standard action: Howling strike: [1d20+13]=10+13=23 for 23 vs AC
for [2d6r1+7]=4+7=11+[1d6]=4 15 damage
Reaction
Use ignore pain if I take a load of dmg (I can be the judge of that myself)

Info
Spotted a mistake, Doran has 52 HP
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Doran dives in, following after the others and lands yet another blow on the beast. Despite the water around the animal starting to turn red from the numerous wounds it has sustained at your hands, the fish fights on. With Sister Armantine still locked in its jaws it bites down on her hard. Taliesin attempts to attack the beast as it does, but it thrashes around dodging his attack. As it thrashes, it tosses Armantine around in its jaws and bats Doran with its powerful tail.

Go: Taliesin, Eldrin, Armantine
Mechanics
Doran: jumps in, swims underwater, attacks, hits.

Fish: bites Armantine, 32 vs AC = hit for 21 damage, bloodies, Armantine auto passes endurance check to hold breath due to being Vryloka,

Taliesin: makes MBA against Fish, 15 vs AC = miss. (sorry Dio)

Fish: Thrash, burst 1;
Doran 26 vs Ref = hit for 10 damage, Doran must make a DC 20 endurance check at the end of his next turn to hold his breath.
Eldrin 10 vs Ref = miss
Taliesin 11 vs Ref = miss
Armantine 28 vs Ref = crit for 12 damage, Armantine auto passes endurance check.
Map Info

Status
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

This thing doesn't know when to let up... Is this what my ancestors had to deal with? He flourishes the katana and makes another attack on the aquatic animal.

Mechanics
Minor action: Warlock's Curse on Fish (add 1d6 to one successful attack each turn).
Standard Action: Eldritch Strike
To hit: [1d20+12]=17+12=29
Damage: [1d8+9]=2+9=11[1d6]=3
Combat Block
Taliesin

Male Elf Swordmage|Warlock Level 6
Languages: Andorian, Elven, Modern Serran
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 175 lbs.

Passive Perception: 17
Senses: Low-light Vision

AC: 21
Fort: 17
Reflex: 17
Will: 17
HP: 57/57
Bloodied: 28
Surge Value: 14
Surges left: 11/11

MBA: Eldritch Strike +12 vs AC, 1d8+9 damage
MBA: Shielding Blade Longsword +6 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
RBA (unarmed): +1 vs AC, 1d4+1 damage

Resistances:

Vulnerabilities: none

Saves: +5 Racial Bonus against Charm Effects

Active Effects:

Powers:
Eldritch Strike
Sword Burst
Warlock's Curse
Aegis of Assault [x]
Blazing Pursuit [_]
Fiery Bolt [_]
Shadow Ride [_]

Consumables: none

Important Features
Power Details
Eldritch Strike - Standard Action - One Creature - +12 vs AC - 1[W]+9 damage, slide target 1 square.
Sword Burst - Standard Action - Close Burst 1 - +8 vs Reflex - 1d6+4 Force
Warlock's Curse - Minor Action - Closest Enemy in LoS - Add 1d6 damage to one successful hit per turn. 
Second Wind - Standard Action - Spend a healing surge and gain +2 to all defenses until SONT.
Guardian's Counter - Immediate Interrupt - Close Burst 2 - Trigger: An ally within 2 squares is hit by an attack and I am not included in the attack. Effect: The ally and I shift up to 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. I become the target of the triggering attack, in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, I can make a basic attack against the attacker.
Fey Step - Move Action - Personal - Effect: Teleport up to 5 squares.
Aegis of Assault - Minor Action - Close Burst 2 - Target One Creature in Burst - Effect: Mark Target. If my marked target makes an attack and doesn't include me in the attack, it takes -2 to hit. If the attack still hits and the marked target is within 10 squares, I can use my immediate reaction to teleport to a square adjacent to the target and make an MBA against it. Can't take the immediate reaction if no open squares exist near the target.
Blazing Pursuit - Standard Action - +11 vs AC - 1[W]+4 Fire damage. If the target is within 5 squares at EONT (enemy), as a free action I can teleport to a space that must be adjacent to the target. (Aegis) I can teleport to a space adjacent to the target even if I do not have a line of sight to that space.
Fiery Bolt - Standard Action - Ranged 10 - One creature - +8 vs Reflex - 3d6+7 Fire damage +1d6 (once per round). Adjacent enemies take 1d6+8 Fire damage.
Shadow Ride - Move Action - Personal - Effect: I shift up to 2 squares and can enter any enemy's space during this movement. I can end this movement in an enemy's space. If I do so, whenever the enemy moves before the start of my next turn, I move with it, remaining in its space. I do not provoke opportunity attacks for this movement. At the start of my next turn, I appear in the nearest unoccupied space.
Dimensional Thunder - Standard Action - One Creature - +11 vs Fort - Effect: Teleport a number of squares equal to Con modifier - 2d8+9 Thunder damage - Effect: Each enemy adjacent (to me) gains ongoing 5 thunder damage (save ends).
Host of Shields - Minor Action - Personal - Effect: Until the stance ends, gain +2 power bonus to AC and Reflex.
Tyrannical Threat - Standard Action - Close Burst 3 - Target: Each Enemy in Burst - +8 vs Will - Hit: 1d10+7 Psychic damage, and place my Warlock's Curse on the Target, +1d6 once per round - Miss: Half Damage. Infernal Pact: Place my Warlock's Curse on the Target. Effect: Until EOTE whenever I'm attacked by a Cursed creature, it takes psychic damage equal to my Int mod (+4).

Class Features
Swordbond - By spending 1 hour of meditation with a light or heavy blade, I forge a special bond with it. As a standard action, I can call my bonded weapon to my hand from up to 10 squares away. Only 1 bond at a time. 1 hour of meditation can restore the weapon as long as I can recover a fragment of the blade.
Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid) - Aegis of Assault - Once per Encounter, regain use if the target is reduced to 0 hp.
Eldritch Pact - Fey Pact (Hybrid)
Eldritch Strike - I use Constitution as my Key ability with Eldritch Strike.
Warlock Will (Hybrid) +1 to Will Save.
Racial Features
Ability Score Increase: +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma
Skill Bonuses: +2 Arcana, +2 History
Eladrin Education: +1 Bonus Skill
Eladrin Weapon Proficiency: Gain proficiency with the Longsword
Eladrin Will: +1 bonus to Will. In addition, gain a +5 bonus vs Charm effects.
Fey Origin: Considered a Fey Creature in terms of origin.
Fey Step: Gain the Fey Step power.
Trance: Rather than sleep, may Trance for 4 hours to gain the benefits of an extended rest. During this time, I am fully aware of my surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.
Theme Features
Level 1 Guardian: Guardian's Counter (Encounter Power)
Level 5 Guardian: +2 power bonus to Insight and Perception checks.
Feat(ure)s
Eldritch Blade - When I use Eldritch Strike and wield a Longsword, I gain a +1 bonus to my attack roll.
Eladrin Soldier - I gain proficiency with all spears and a +2 bonus to damage rolls with longswords and all spears.
White Lotus Riposte - After hitting an enemy with an Arcane at-will Attack power, if they hit me before SONT that enemy takes damage equal to the ability mod of the attack power's damage. (4 Damage)
War Wizard's Expertise - Gain a +1 feat bonus to attack rolls of arcane powers and basic attacks made with light or heavy blades. Also, when using an arcane attack power with a light or heavy blade, my attack rolls take a -5 penalty against my allies.
Eladrin Swordmage Advance - When I use my fey step racial power to teleport to a square adjacent to an enemy, you can make a melee basic attack against that enemy as a free action.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Armantine pales as the massive fish continues to drag her to and fro, feeling its jaws pierce her armor and cut deep. A primal instinct kicks in. Her thoughts become actions. She drives the lance deep into the fish's side, using some of the momentum to push off. With a sputter of air and a truncated cry, the Sister tears free from its bite — though weakened and severely wounded.
Mechanics
Standard

Righteous Brand on Fish. (+2 to Flank, -2 for Lance)
Hits AC 27 for 13 damage.
Eldrin gets a +3 power bonus to attack rolls against Fish TEMNT.

Righteous Brand: [1d20+12]=15+12=27
Righteous Brand: [1d10+8]=5+8=13

Move
Escape attempt. 21 vs Fort succeeds.
Escape (Athletics): [1d20+8]=13+8=21

Endurance Checks for Breathing
Fail round 1, fail round 2, lose 2 surges.
Endurance: [1d20+6]=3+6=9
Endurance: [1d20+7]=14+7=21
Combat Block
Sister Armantine Peroult

Female Vryloka Cleric | Cavalier 6
Languages: Common, Imardanian
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 160 lbs.

Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 16
Passive Insight: 14
Senses: Low-Light Vision

Fort: 20
Reflex: 14
HP: 13/50
Surge Value: 12, or 10 if Bloodied
Surges left: 8/10

MBA: +12 vs AC, 1d10+8
RBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4

Resistances:
8 Necrotic Resistance

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
Bloodied. Surge value -2.

Powers:

Righteous Brand
Defender Aura
Righteous Radiance
Valiant Strike

Scale Armor of Sacrifice +1

Second Wind [_]
Valiant Charge [_]
Lifeblood [_]
Healing Word [_]
Healer's Mercy [_]
Healing Strike [_]
Strength from Valor [_]

Dynamic Lance +2 [_]

Paladin's Judgment [_]
Blackened Soul [_]
Moment of Glory [_]
Call Celestial Steed [_]

Scale Armor of Sacrifice +1 [_]
Wavestrider Boots [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
Racial Features

Blood Dependency: When bloodied, Armantine's healing surge value drops by 2, from 12 to 10.

Human Heritage: +5 racial bonus to Bluff checks made to pass as a "human".

Living Dead: Arma is considered both living and undead. If a power has different effects on living versus undead creatures, I choose which effect applies.

Necrotic Resistance: 8 Necrotic Resistance

Class Features

Battle Cleric's Lore: When using a cleric healing power to allow a target to spend a healing surge, they gain +2 to attack rolls until EOMNT.

Feat Features

Mark of Handling: When mounted on a natural beast or with a beast companion, they gain a +2 feat bonus to speed and +1 feat bonus to AC.

Last Legion Officer: When using a power that would enable an ally to spend a surge, they can also choose to shift 1 square as a free action, or instead gain a +2 bonus to AC and Reflex TSONT.

Two-Handed Weapon Expertise: +1 bonus to damage of charge attacks with a two-handed melee weapon.

Item Features

Wavestrider Boots: If Arma begins her turn on a solid surface, she can move across liquid as normal terrain. If she is still on liquid at turn-end, she falls in.

Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution

Post by Chanchabruhh »

Eldrin lunges through the water with the grace of a storm, his Lightning Flail a blur of electrifying fury as he strikes the giant fish. As He battles the monstrous fish underwater, he feels a surge of divine energy coursing through him. With a swift motion, he reaches out to his ally, Armantine. A soft glow emanates from his hands as he touches her, restoring her strength and fortifying her resolve to continue the fight against the relentless foe.

Mechanics
Free Action- All Damage dealt by this weapon is lightning damage, another free action returns the damage to normal

Minor action- Lay on hands Armantine

Standard
Ardent Strike on Fish.
 28 for 12 damage.
Ardent Strike[1d20+14]=14+14=28
Ardent strike Damage [2d6+9]=3+9=12 [/url]
Combat Block

Combat Block
Eldrin Stormblade
Male 
Languages: Common, Okani
Height: 6'2
Weight: 315 

Speed: 5
Passive Perception: 15
Senses: 

AC: 22
Fort: 18
Ref: 15
HP:60/60
Bloodied:30 
Surge Value:17 
Surges left: 12
Action points: 

MBA: +11
RBA: +7

Resistances: 
Saves: 

Powers:
Lay on hands
Divine Challenge
Ardent Strike
Divine Sanction
Valiant Strike

Divine Strength
Valorous Smite
Call to Arms

Consumables:
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Encounter 1: Round 3

Mechanics
Taliesin: curses, hits.

Armantine: hits, escapes grab, looses two surges, new endurance check DC 30.

Eldrin: lay on hands, Armantine spends a surge and regains 10 HP, hits.

Boat: floats.
Map Info

Status
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As the underwater battle of wills rages on, Heidi once more lines up her sights, letting loose two more bullets into the fish's scaly hide. Just die already. Goddess preserve us if all of the creatures of this land are this dangerous, she thinks, as the creature finally succumbs to their combined assault.

Mechanics
Standard Action: Twin Strike on Fish
Attack 1: [1d20+13]=18+13=31 vs AC = hit
Hit: [1d10+4]=5+4=9 damage
Attack 2: [1d20+13]=10+13=23 vs AC = hit
Quarry: [1d6]=5
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Encounter 1: End

Heidi's shots ring out and the fish goes limp. As its body slowly floats up to the surface, those also underwater follow it up, resurfacing near the boat.

"Glad to see you're still with us Sister," Ko calls out to Armantine as she resurfaces. "I'd have dived in too but I'm built for fighting underground, not underwater," he adds with a laugh. "We'll be eating well tonight now though!"

"Everyone ok?" Zemi asks from the boat. offering a hand to whoever is closest to help pull them back aboard.
Mechanics
Heidi: hits, kills.
Status
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"All good here!" Doran shouts in reply as he climbs back in the boat.

Mechanics
Constitution check against suffocation: Endurance roll [2d20c1+14]=16+14=30+1 for 31
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Well, that is certainly the sturdiest fish I have ever seen," Raj says, eyeing the finned corpse float up to the surface. "Mind the bullets when we dine on it, yes?" He cracks a smirk before breathing a sigh of relief that their boat held. "Let's not anger any more of the local wildlife on this godsdamned dinghy though."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

A pair of shots sound through the murky depths and Armantine sees the fish cease immediately. She kicks as hard as she can, desperate for air. Goddess, bless my boots. These waters cannot hold your warrior back.

She emerges from the water like the breach of a whale, a pair of soft, white swan-like wings sprouting from each her boots. They flap with great fervor as she moves her legs, dangling her just above the water and to the edge of the boat. She tosses her lance inside and grabs on, and the boot-wings fade from sight as quickly as they appeared.

Armantine manages only ragged, heady breathing for a long moment. Then, she sighs. Pulling herself over, she collapses onto her seat. Her armor is soaked — the once-vibrant forest-green brigandine torn, exposing the plates and chain beneath. Blood has seeped through her leggings and one of the laces from her cavalry boots is split entirely. It takes her a moment to realize Zemi's question, to which she nods vigorously. "Better than the fish." She manages a weak grin, though it is clear she is masking severe pain.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Taliesin reaches the surface, breathing deeply once he can feel the air once more. He sheathes his blade, reminding himself that it would need extra special care later. Saltwater isn't good for the steel. He lets Armantine get back up onto the boat before carefully climbing back in himself. "Should we try to split up the fish to make it easier for transport? No point letting potentially good food go to waste, right?" He asks, looking down at their reward.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution

Post by Chanchabruhh »

As Eldrin emerges from the depths, he gasps for breath, feeling the weight of his wet armor dragging him down. With a grateful nod to Zemi, he accepts the offered hand and pulls himself back aboard the boat.

"Thanks," he manages between breaths, casting a glance at Armantine to ensure she's alright before turning his attention to the giant fish floating nearby. "Looks like we've got dinner sorted for tonight," he says with a weary grin, already thinking about how to cook the massive creature.

With the immediate danger passed, he joins Taliesin in considering how best to handle the fish. "Agreed," he says, nodding in approval.
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Brava, brava!" Raj says, feigning a clap as Armantine reemerges from the waters with angelic grace. "A theatric end to this thrilling, and entirely avoidable, escapade." He scoots aside, trying to avoid any of the seawater splash as the woman climbs back into the boat. He looks to Taliesin, offering up a shrug. "I'm unsure that butchering in the open ocean is ideal. Perhaps we tie it to the boat and deal with it on solid ground?"

BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"We are not butchering it here, unless you want to deal with the real predators that are going to show up soon. Cut off only what we can carry on the boat, and let's get out of here." Doran says as he grabs an oar, ready to start rowing any second.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Sister Armantine gives Raj a pointed look, feeling patronized by his performance, though her injuries and exhaustion overtake her willingness to engage. She begins to clean and bandage her wounds, listening to the discussion as she does. "I agree, this channel is no place for anything more than improvised butchering. We can bring as large a cut as the boat fits, or we can tow the corpse behind us as we row. The latter risks us losing the whole bounty should something... larger find us."

I can almost smell the frying pan from here. Like father used to make... golden-crisp and steaming. Should the beasts of this place be safe to eat, we will be bringing back quite the bounty for the port.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"No towing, unless you want the fish to be bait, and us to be the catch." Doran replies with a forced laugh.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

"Let us turn around then, bring the fish, and then set back out. I'm sure they'll appreciate the fish!" He says, looking between the others. He pulls the fish closer, readying to pull it up.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"We should tow it back to the camp if we want to try to save it all, there is not nearly enough of us to make use of that entire corpse. Otherwise cut free all but what we need for tonight," Heidi responds, agreeing with some of the others' suggestions. "But whatever we do, we should go about it quickly. The longer way stay here, near the fresh blood of the creature, the more likely a predator will come seeking a meal and find us."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Then let us bring back what we can fit, and leave the rest here," Sister Armantine settles on. "Here, give me a hand if you could."

She helps row them closer as Taliesin pulls the fish alongside the boat. Using her poleaxe, she begins to cut into their catch.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Preserve what you can of the middle portion. The fillets would serve us better than the head or tail," Raj says absentmindedly, thoughts drifting to another fine restaurant along the bay. Their rolls were divine. He looks to Armantine readying weapon, trading a glance between his dagger and the size of the fish. Perhaps better suited to those with larger blades, hm? If I'm to slice, we will be here all night. Nevermind the fish innards all over it...
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Good thinking," Zemi replies to Raj as she leans over the side of the boat to help Armantine with the butchering.

While there is more than enough of the fish to not worry about saving every last morsel, its shear size and the difficulties of butchering it on the water still result in it taking around half an hour before you are satisfied with you work, having nearly filled the boat with cuts of the fish's flesh.

"I should think we could feed the entire camp with this," Ko says, surveying your handiwork. "We'll have to make sure we're back from the wreck by nightfall or we'll miss out on our own haul," he adds with a chuckle as he grabs ahold of an oar. "Let's get this back shall we?"
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Armantine nods wearily at Ko, taking a moment's rest to slump in her seat after helping to saw off a large flank of the fish. Her injuries sting, but the bleeding has stopped, thankfully. With a sigh of duty, she picks up her oars again. "Yes, we're on borrowed time now with blood in the water. We should make haste."
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Taliesin nods, having tried to help with wrapping up the fish for later as the other two cut open the fish and portioned it. After the task was done, Tali looks forward in the direction of the wreck and sighs. "Onwards, then, my new friends."
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Doran watches the water for approaching danger, oars at the ready to leave as soon as he sees any sight of danger.

As the others seem finished packing the boat with fish, he starts rowing with great vigour.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Yes, yes. Let's get to it. I shouldn't like the return trip to be pervaded with fish stench if we take too long," Raj says, stowing his blade and grabbing an oar once more.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Heidi places her gun away again and does her best to help hold the fish in place as the others, those with blades, work to butcher the large creature. A better way to pursue these could help feed the camp until crops and livestock can be established, she thinks. We will need to let the camp know of the bounty of these waters, and the associated danger. Just one of these was nearly enough to topple our boat, what could a whole school of them do?

When the fish is sufficiently full of fish meat, the woman takes a deep breath and basks in the scent. Smells like the fish markets back home. The fishmongers of Sennioux would salivate at such a filet. I can only imagine what sort of meals they'd make. Something fit for a bishop, surely. Wordlessly, she begins to row with the others when the time comes to be on their way again, though she makes a concerted effort to watch the waters for any other threats that might be pursuing them and their meal.

OOC
Heidi will be paying special attention to the waters, watching for further threats. Let me know if a roll is needed to reflect this.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As you dip your oars and begin to row, you can already see smaller fish nibbling at the bloody carcass floating in the water. Thankfully your kill seems not to have drawn the attention of any larger predators and you are able to make good progress back towards the beach unhindered save for your heavier cargo.

With the boat now lower in the water, it does take you longer to get back to camp than your outward journey, but it passes quickly and you are soon making your way through the surf and up onto the beach, aided by several sailors who dropped their own work to help you bring the boat in safely. As you clamber out of the boat, you spot both Tofyr and Bagagos walking towards you. Behind them, near a couple of tall palms, you can see several tenants of the Great Library in a heated discussion that appears to be verging on the edge of a true argument.

"Back so soon! You looked to have a bit of trouble out there," Tofyr says as he nears, his spyglass still in his hand down by his waist.

"Aye, all this outta cook up somthin' fierce though," Bagagos says, smiling as he looks over the bounty of fish in your boat. "Suppose I should go fetch t'barrow," he adds.

Behind him, the voices of the tenants get louder still, though it is impossible to hear what is being said as they shout over each other.

"Don't worry about them," Tofyr says glancing back at the commotion. "While you were gone, one of them discovered that those palms are actually of a variety native to Sera. The debate is now over how they got here - I think they're currently arguing over the possibility of the coconuts being carried here by a migratory bird," he explains.

"This is quite the haul though. It should raise morale if we all get to eat something that hasn't been sat in a barrel since we left Groznid Bay," he says, turning his attention to the cuts of fish in the boat.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

"We didn't finish our expedition, but we figured that getting this back to camp would be a good use of our time." Taliesin says, and he takes a moment while they're stopped to try and properly clean his blade. "On that note, should we head back toward the wreck? Do we still have time?"
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

By the time they have reached the camp, Armantine has grown weary, though the pain of her injuries has lessened from a gnawing sting to a throbbing ache. She is thankful for the moment's rest.

Peering over at the palm, the Sister calls back to her experience from her family's carpentry business.
Mechanics
Nature check to identify the tree, and any possible mechanisms of redistribution from Serra to Quellam.

Nature: [1d20+12]=19+12=31
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"Well, those are good questions to ask." Doran replies.
Mechanics
Nature roll to think on what migratory bird could carry a coconut: [1d20+12]=17+12=29
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Raj raises an eyebrow as he hears of the debate, cocking his head in bewilderment. Do they truly expect a bird to have crossed that great span? A months-long voyage, all with a coconut in tow? These academic types often amaze me with such stupidity.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Yes indeed. No one will complain feasting on this tonight," Tofyr says in reply to Taliesin, before gazing up at the sky in the direction of the sun. "I make it still an hour or so until noon," he says. "You should have plenty of time to get over to the island still and investigate the wreck. You can always make camp over there and come back tomorrow if you start to run out of daylight."
Armantine
Glancing at the tree, you recognise it as a Serran Coconut Palm. A common tree found along the coasts, oases and rivers of Sera, as well as some warmer parts of the lower Kurnhuelde Peninsula. While many trees are indeed spread by animals, the varieties of Voreldian coconut palms generally spread thanks to the coconut's ability to float, being carried out to the sea by the tide and transported to a new location by ocean currents.
Doran
Swallows often migrate around Voreld based on the seasons, however you are able to rule out the Tulrissian swallow due to its size. The larger Serran swallows that inhabit the southern coast of the desert would potentially be able to carry a coconut, however they are nonmigratory.
Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution

Post by Chanchabruhh »

"Indeed, a fruitful outing despite the unexpected encounter. Rest and recuperation are in order before we proceed further. As for the wreck, it remains an intriguing prospect, but we must ensure we are adequately prepared for whatever challenges it may present Perhaps."
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"It is a Serran Coconut Palm," Sister Armantine says, her eyes on the Tenants arguing in the distance. "Their seeds contain a high ratio of air — moreso than other coconuts from Voreld. The Tenants are free to hold their own theories. Instead, I would wager the seeds were carried a mighty distance not by bird but by the sea itself. They float," she says with a smile.

She nods at Tofyr's estimations, but frowns softly at Eldrin's suggestion. "Your concern for caution is admirable, but I suggest we push forward. Remember: our efforts today mark the inaugural scouting mission. What we may find is not only important for the tangible return, but for the good of camp morale, too. Haste is key."