The 2nd Fleet: Journey to the Edge of the Known World — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Fialova »

Caoimhe is momentarily struck with awe as the large creature comes into view. It's fascinating, she thinks, before her she is actually struck by the beast before her. She lashes out in retaliation, but in her distracted state she is unable to make the hit land. Aiming to keep the weakened creature's attention, she rushes towards the new, larger creature in hopes that she can help keep that one away from her beloved as well.

Mechanics
Standard Action: Five Storms Attack Technique
Attack vs Alpha Leosaur: [1d20+8]=8+8=16 vs Reflex = miss

Free Action: Nature's Wrath to mark Alpha Leosaur until the end of my next turn (still -5 penalty)

Move Action: Five Storms Movement Technique
Effect: shift 2 squares to (M, 26)

Minor Action: Stunning Palm
Effect: enter a stance where I cannot be dazed or stunned. Until the stance ends, I can uses the Stunning Palm Attack Power

Prepared to use one of my two immediate actions in retaliation against my marked target if it opts to go after anyone besides me
Combat Block
Caoimhe

Female Elf Monk|Warden 5
Languages: Common, Elven, Andoran, Kandoran
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 160 lbs.

Speed: 7 (ignore difficult terrain on shifts)
Initiative: +6
Passive Perception: 23
Passive Insight: 23
Senses: Low-light Vision

AC: 21 (+1 vs ranged from more than 5 squares away)
Fort: 18 (+1 vs ranged from more than 5 squares away)
Reflex: 18 (+1 vs ranged from more than 5 squares away)
Will: 14 (+1 vs ranged from more than 5 squares away)
HP: 31/52
Bloodied: 26
Surge Value: 13
Surges left: 10/10
Action Points: 1

MBA (Unarmed w/ Ki Focus): +11 vs AC, 1d8+7 damage (+1 vs bloodied)
RBA (Unarmed): +6 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage

Resistances: None

Vulnerabilities: None

Saves: None

Active Effects:
* I cannot be blinded
* When I hit a target I gain resist 3 to that target's attacks until my EONT
* I always know which way is north
Stance: I cannot be dazed or stunned, and can use a power

Powers:

Eternal Tide Flurry of Blows
Five Storms
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Nature's Wrath
Agile Recovery

Second Wind [_]
Surefooted Stride [_]
Roots of Stone [_]
Eternal Mountain [X]

Stunning Palm [X]
Lifebind Attack [X]

Consumables:
* Potion of Clarity, lv5 (2)
* Potion of Healing, heroic tier (2)
* Antivenom, heroic tier (2)
* Blinding Bomb, lv3
* Tanglefoot bag, lv2

Important Features:
Class Features
Monastic Tradition (Hybrid): Only gain Flurry of Blows power, and that only procs on monk powers. Can take feats that require this features.

Unarmed Combatant: Can use Monk Unarmed Strike weapon.

Unarmored Defense: +2 to AC in cloth armor or no armor.

Nature's Wrath (Hybrid): Once during each turn, I can mark one adjacent enemy as a free action. Gain two mark punishing powers.

Racial Features
Sense Threat: When I roll initiative, I can use perception instead of my normal initiative check. When I do so, nearby allies who get a lower result add +2 to their result.

Wood Elf Reactive Stealth: If I have any cover or concealment when I roll initiative, I can make a stealth check to hide at the same time.

Theme Features
Lv1 Explorer: I always know which way is north, and gain +5 to any check to avoid becoming lost, to find my way to a specific location, or to spot a distant landmark.

Lv5 Explorer: When determining travel time for myself, and up to 10 companions, group's speed is equal to the slowest member +1. People who travel with me gain +2 to endurance checks during travel.

Feat(ures)
Hybrid Focus: gained Unarmed Combatant class features

Hybrid Focus 2: gain Unarmored Defense class features

Ki Focus Expertise: +1 damage with ki focus attacks against bloodied enemies

Unarmored Defense: +2 AC in cloth armor or no armor

Item Features
Robe of Eyes: I cannot be blinded

Cloak of Distortion: +1 to all defenses against ranged attacks made from more than 5 squares away

Iron Body Ki Focus: When I hit a target I gain resist 3 to that target's attacks until my EONT

Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

The large beast appears confused as Taliesin dematerialising from within its jaws, reappearing several feet away. Meanwhile the Alpha, no longer with a pack and no longer the biggest predator around, seems to decide to retreat. It tries to runaway but Ilmoto's contraption nips at its heels.

Go: Zima, Ilmoto, Louie

Mechanics
Taliesin: curses, hits, teleports, takes 5 acid damage, saves.

Caoimhe: misses, marks, shifts, stances.

Alpha Leosaur: attempts to move away, Magma Monster makes OA, 20 vs Ref = hit for 10 damage, double moves north, saves against slowed, takes 5 fire damage, saves.
Map
Map Info
Auras
Louie - Skald's Aura 5 - Anyone within can use a minor action to have themselves or an adjacent ally spend a healing surge and regain 1d6+2 HP, up to 2 times.

Features

Debris: The various piles of rubble are difficult terrain.

Plants: The larger thickets are thick and overgrown, providing concealment whilst being difficult terrain. Any individual plants provide no concealment but can be treated as normal terrain.

Building: The height of the building varies from around 40 to 50 feet. Due to the half built and ruined nature of the structure, the walls can be climbed with relative ease on a Athletics Check DC: 15
Enemy/Ally Info
Enemies

Leosaur: About the size of wolves emerge, they appear reptilian, with scaled skin striped in browns and blues. They have snake or lizard like heads and their backs are covered in spikes which grow in number towards the head where, on some of the presumably male creatures, they form a something resembling a mane.

Alpha Leosaur: This creature is larger than the females and other males of the group. It is mostly likely the leader of the pack, a position achieved through use of its greater strength.

Maned Carnosaur: A large four limbed reptile. It's torso and tail are a dull grey and black with a striped pattern however it has a bright orange-red mane, and blue highlights to its scales on its face. It has a powerful jaw and clawed forelimbs.
Appearance
Status
BartNL
Swampperson Prime
Registered for: 5 years

Post by BartNL »

"Good boy!" Ilmoto now get the other one! Now pointing at the bigger monster. Run you coward beast.
Mechanics

Minor: Command Magma Beast to M27
Standard: Magma beast attacks Maned Carnosaur vs. [1d20+10]=10+10=20 reflex
for [1d10+9]=10+9=19 fire damage and the target takes 5 ongoing fire damage and is slowed (save ends both)

Reactions
Use shield when attacked as interrupt
Use Robe of Contingency when bloodied and attacked and damaged as immediate reaction

Combat Block
Ilmoto Brandt

Male Human [Human] Mage level 5
Languages: Tulrissian, Andorian, Common
Height: 5"7
Weight: 180 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +7
Passive Perception: 13
Passive Insight: 18
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 18
Fort: 17
Reflex: 20
Will: 18
HP: 29/40
Bloodied: 20
Surge Value: 10
Surges left: 7/8

MBA: +6 vs AC, 1d4 damage
RBA: +8 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage
Magic Missile RBA: no roll, 8 damage
Resistances:
None

Vulnerabilities:
None
Saves:

Active Effects:
None

Powers:

At-Will
Beguiling Strands
Freezing Burst
Magic Missile
Light (cantrip)
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Item At-Will
Flaming Weapon

Encounter [_]
Burning Hands / Skewering Spikes [X]
Heroic Effort[_]
Arcane Mutterings / Shield [_]
Shock Sphere / Fire Shroud [X]
Second Wind [_]
Action Point [_]

Item Encounter [_]

Daily [_]
Sleep (wizard spell) / Fountain of Flame [_]
Fireball / Summon Magma Beast [X]

Item Daily [_]
Robe of Contingency +1 [_]

Consumables:
Inferno Oil

Important Features:
[SHOW]
Alchemist Feature: You gain the Alchemist feat as a bonus feat. You know the formula for a particular 1st-level alchemical item (such as alchemist's fire). You can use this formula without needing training in any skill associated with it. At the end of a short rest, you can create one alchemical item of your level or lower at no cost. You must know the formula for the item you create. You can have only one such item prepared at a time.
Pyromancy Apprentice: +1 dmg with arcane fire attacks. Ignore fire resistance.
Evocation Apprentice:When you roll damage for an arcane evocation power, if any of the dice come up with a result of 1, pick one of them, reroll it, and use the new result.
Enlarge Spell: Before using a wizard at-will or encounter attack power, you can choose to take a -2 penalty to each die of damage rolled with the power to increase the size of its blast or its burst by 1. You can’t use this feat on a power that doesn’t roll dice for damage.
Blade Initiate:Once per day, when you are wielding a blade, you can invoke the Swordmage Warding class feature as a minor action. Until the end of the encounter, you gain a +1 bonus to AC (or a +3 bonus to AC if you have one hand free).
In addition, you can use swordmage implements.
Alchemist: You can make alchemical items your level or lower.
War Wizard's expertise +1 atk with haevy and light blades, -5 penalty to hit your allies
Footpads: +1 bonus to stealth checks to move quietly
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Zima tries her best to focus her mind's power on the massive creature before her, but a primal fear has set in — sapping her own will instead. With panicked breathing, she repositions near the wounded spellblade. Too exhausted to speak, she taps into his thoughts. Stand strong, Tali, she speaks to him. We will survive this.

Mechanics
Standard
Mind Thrust (Augment 2) on le big boy. 12 vs Will = Miss.
Mind Thrust Attack: [1d20+10]=2+10=12

Move
Walk to L30

Minor
Utilize Louie's Skald's Aura on Taliesin. Spends a surge, healing him for 17, bringing him to 31 and unbloodying him.
Skald's Aura: [1d6+15]=2+15=17

Ready Interrupt
Intellect Fortress, should I be hit by an attack that a +3 to that defense would negate.
Combat Block - Zima
Mazimbaru "Zima" Ela Koza

Female Kalashtar Psion 5
Languages: Common, Kandoran
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 130 lbs.

Initiative: +6 (+9 with PP)
Passive Perception: 18
Passive Insight: 15

AC: 20
Fort: 13
Reflex: 18
HP: 38/38
Bloodied: 19
Surge Value: 9
Surges left: 6/6
Power Points: 1/5

MBA: +1 vs AC, 1d4-1
RBA (Mind Thrust): +10 vs Will, 1d10+7

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Mind Thrust
Dishearten
Betrayal
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Second Wind [_]
My Mind Is My Own [_]
Bastion of Mental Clarity [_]
Far Hand [_][_]
Forceful Push [X][_]
Intellect Fortress [_]

Living Missile[_]
Living Missile Attack [_]
Hypnotic Pulse [X]
Orb of Mental Dominion +2 [_]
Amulet of Seduction +1 [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
Orb Expertise: +1 to the number of squares for forced movement on orb attacks.
Dual Soul: At the start of your turn, you can make a saving throw against each effect rendering you dazed or dominated. If you fail, you cannot make another one at end of turn.
Telepathy 5: You can communicate with any other creature that has a language and is within line of sight and within 5 squares. This allows for two-way communication.

Shimmering Cloth Armor +1: Ranged or area attacks do not provoke OAs.
Amulet of Seduction +1: When you impose a charm effect (save ends), the target takes a -2 penalty to the first save.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Louie's magicks radiate through Zima's gentle touch and thoughts, giving their ally succor. The tides shift. He looks to the large beast, plucking a sharp chord that causes it to recoil in pain.
Mechanics
Standard: Compulsion on Maned Carnosaur
Attack: [1d20+10]=5+10=15 vs Will = Miss
Damage: [2d8+7]=6+7=13 psychic
Half damage on miss & I slide it 6 squares down at the start of its next turn. It's unable to take a move action on this turn

Ready Interrupt: Rhyme of the Blood-seeking Blade
If an ally misses a melee attack, I make an attack against their target (+12 vs Ref, 1d10+7). On hit, the target takes a -4 to all defenses against the triggering attack

Skald's Aura can drop now with both heals used
Combat Block
Llewellyn "Louie" Volzenten

Male Changling Skald 5
Languages: Common, Andorian, Elven, Tulrissian, Imardanian
Height: 6'
Weight: 150 lbs.

Initiative: +10
Passive Perception: 16
Senses: Normal vision

Fort: 15
Ref: 18
Will: 20
HP: 46/46
Bloodied: 23
Surge Value: 11
Surges left: 9/9
Action points: 1

MBA: +8 vs AC, 1d4+5 damage
RBA: +11 vs AC, 1d10+6 damage

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Changeling Disguise
Staggering Note
Jinx Shot

Acrobat Boots

Second Wind [_]
Changeling Trick [_]
Words of Friendship [_]
Prophesied Strike [X]
Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade [_]
Skald's Aura [X]
Moment of Escape [_]
Alter Time [_]

Stirring Shout [X] *
Arrow of Warning [_] *
Compulsion [X]

* Can only use one per day

Consumables:

None
Important Features
Class
Master of Song and Story: I gain two 1st-level dailies, but I can only use one a day.

Skill Versatility: I gain +1 to untrained skills.

Racial
Mental Defense: I gain +1 to Will.

Shapechanger: I have the shapechanger subtype. I can alter my appearance. I'm subject to effects and conditions that affect shapechangers.

Theme
Halaster's Clone: I don't age. I'm immune to all diseases of my level and lower.

Feats
Mark of Scribing: I learn four languages. I gain +2 to diplomacy checks.

Bard of All Trades: I gain +3 to all untrained skills.

Improved Initiative: I gain +4 to initiative.

Battle Song Expertise: I gain a +1/2/3 bonus to attacks made with weapons I'm proficient at and any item designated a bard implement. I gain a +1 bonus to the number of squares I can push, pull, and slide creatures with bard attacks.

Items
Healer's Hide Armor +1: When I use a healing power that lets a creature spend a healing surge to regain hit points, the target gains an additional +1 HP.

Acrobat Boots: I gain a +1 to acrobatics.

Healer's Brooch +1: When I use a power that enables me or an ally to regain hit points, the target gains an additional +1 HP.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Louie's note sends the beast crashing into a pile of wooden debris, smashing through and splintering planks as it does. The Carnosaur thrashes around violently as it regains its footing, hissing at you as its acidic salvia drips from its mouth.

Go: Caoihme, Taliesin

Mechanics
Ilmoto: moves summon, attacks, hits.

Zima: misses, moves, heals.

Louie: misses, shifts.

Maned Carnosaur: if slide 6 squares south, takes 5 fire damage, fails save, saves vs slowed.
Map
Map Info
Auras
Louie - Skald's Aura 5 - Anyone within can use a minor action to have themselves or an adjacent ally spend a healing surge and regain 1d6+2 HP, up to 2 times.

Features

Plants: The larger thickets are thick and overgrown, providing concealment whilst being difficult terrain. Any individual plants provide no concealment but can be treated as normal terrain.

Building: The height of the building varies from around 40 to 50 feet. Due to the half built and ruined nature of the structure, the walls can be climbed with relative ease on a Athletics Check DC: 15
Enemy/Ally Info
Enemies

Leosaur: About the size of wolves emerge, they appear reptilian, with scaled skin striped in browns and blues. They have snake or lizard like heads and their backs are covered in spikes which grow in number towards the head where, on some of the presumably male creatures, they form a something resembling a mane.

Alpha Leosaur: This creature is larger than the females and other males of the group. It is mostly likely the leader of the pack, a position achieved through use of its greater strength.

Maned Carnosaur: A large four limbed reptile. It's torso and tail are a dull grey and black with a striped pattern however it has a bright orange-red mane, and blue highlights to its scales on its face. It has a powerful jaw and clawed forelimbs.
Appearance
Status
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by FinalTemplar »

Taliesin takes a half-step forward, generating a ball of electric energy. "You are not worthy of claiming me, beast." He says, before using his sword to toss the ball of energy toward his foe.
Mechanics
Firey Bolt at Maned Carnosaur.
Attack: [1d20+8]=16+8=24
Damage: [3d6+7]=8+7=15[1d6]=2 (17 total).
Move action: Walk to R29.
Minor action: Aegis of Assault on Maned Carnosaur. Effect: Target is Marked. If my marked target makes an attack and doesn't include me in the attack, it takes -2 to hit. If the attack still hits and the marked target is within 10 squares, I can use my immediate reaction to teleport to a square adjacent to the target and make an MBA against it. Can't take the immediate reaction if no open squares exist near the target.
Combat Block
Taliesin

Male Elf Swordmage|Warlock Level 5
Languages: Andorian, Elven, Modern Serran
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 175 lbs.

Initiative: +3
Passive Insight: 14

Fort: 16
Reflex: 16
Will: 16
Surges left: 11/11

MBA: Eldritch Strike +12 vs AC, 1d8+9 damage
MBA: Shielding Blade Longsword +6 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
RBA (unarmed): +1 vs AC, 1d4+1 damage

Resistances:

Vulnerabilities: none

Saves: +5 Racial Bonus against Charm Effects

Active Effects:

Powers:
Eldritch Strike
Sword Burst
Warlock's Curse
Aegis of Assault [x]
Blazing Pursuit [x]
Fiery Bolt [x]

Consumables: none

Important Features
Power Details
Eldritch Strike - Standard Action - One Creature - +12 vs AC - 1[W]+9 damage, slide target 1 square.
Sword Burst - Standard Action - Close Burst 1 - +8 vs Reflex - 1d6+4 Force
Warlock's Curse - Minor Action - Closest Enemy in LoS - Add 1d6 damage to one successful hit per turn. 
Second Wind - Standard Action - Spend a healing surge and gain +2 to all defenses until SONT.
Guardian's Counter - Immediate Interrupt - Close Burst 2 - Trigger: An ally within 2 squares is hit by an attack and I am not included in the attack. Effect: The ally and I shift up to 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. I become the target of the triggering attack, in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, I can make a basic attack against the attacker.
Fey Step - Move Action - Personal - Effect: Teleport up to 5 squares.
Aegis of Assault - Minor Action - Close Burst 2 - Target One Creature in Burst - Effect: Mark Target. If my marked target makes an attack and doesn't include me in the attack, it takes -2 to hit. If the attack still hits and the marked target is within 10 squares, I can use my immediate reaction to teleport to a square adjacent to the target and make an MBA against it. Can't take the immediate reaction if no open squares exist near the target.
Blazing Pursuit - Standard Action - +11 vs AC - 1[W]+9 Fire damage. If the target is within 5 squares at EONT (enemy), as a free action I can teleport to a space that must be adjacent to the target. (Aegis) I can teleport to a space adjacent to the target even if I do not have line of sight to that space.
Fiery Bolt - Standard Action - Ranged 10 - One creature - +8 vs Reflex - 3d6+7 Fire damage +1d6 (once per round). Adjacent enemies take 1d6+8 Fire damage.
Dimensional Thunder - Standard Action - One Creature - +11 vs Fort - Effect: Teleport a number of squares equal to Con modifier - 2d8+9 Thunder damage - Effect: Each enemy adjacent (to me) gains ongoing 5 thunder damage (save ends).
Host of Shields - Minor Action - Personal - Effect: Until the stance ends, gain +2 power bonus to AC and Reflex.
Tyrannical Threat - Standard Action - Close Burst 3 - Target: Each Enemy in Burst - +8 vs Will - Hit: 1d10+7 Psychic damage, and place my Warlock's Curse on the Target, +1d6 once per round - Miss: Half Damage. Infernal Pact: Place my Warlock's Curse on the Target. Effect: Until EOTE whenever I'm attacked by a Cursed creature, it takes psychic damage equal to my Int mod (+4).

Class Features
Swordbond - By spending 1 hour of meditation with a light or heavy blade, I forge a special bond with it. As a standard action, I can call my bonded weapon to my hand from up to 10 squares away. Only 1 bond at a time. 1 hour of meditation can restore the weapon as long as I can recover a fragment of the blade.
Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid) - Aegis of Assault - Once per Encounter, regain use if target is reduced to 0 hp.
Eldritch Pact - Fey Pact (Hybrid)
Eldritch Strike - I use Constitution as my Key ability with Eldritch Strike.
Warlock Will (Hybrid) +1 to Will Save.
Racial Features
Ability Score Increase: +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma
Skill Bonuses: +2 Arcana, +2 History
Eladrin Education: +1 Bonus Skill
Eladrin Weapon Proficiency: Gain proficiency with the Longsword
Eladrin Will: +1 bonus to Will. In addition, gain a +5 bonus vs Charm effects.
Fey Origin: Considered a Fey Creature in terms of origin.
Fey Step: Gain the Fey Step power.
Trance: Rather than sleep, may Trance for 4 hours to gain the benefits of an extended rest. During this time, I am fully aware of my surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.
Theme Features
Level 1 Guardian: Guardian's Counter (Encounter Power)
Level 5 Guardian: +2 power bonus to Insight and Perception checks.
Feat(ure)s
Eldritch Blade - When I use Eldritch Strike and wield a Longsword, I gain a +1 bonus to my attack roll.
Eladrin Soldier - I gain proficiency with all spears and a +2 bonus to damage rolls with longswords and all spears.
White Lotus Riposte - After hitting an enemy with an Arcane at-will Attack power, if they hit me before SONT that enemy takes damage equal to the ability mod of the attack power's damage. (4 Damage)
War Wizard's Expertise - Gain a +1 feat bonus to attack rolls of arcane powers and basic attacks made with light or heavy blades. Also, when using an arcane attack power with a light or heavy blade, my attack rolls take a -5 penalty against my allies.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Not wanting to give the larger creature room to retaliate, Caoimhe rushes in and aims to leave the creature reeling, though she misses the appropriate pressure points. Still, her attacks leave the creature noticeably worse off than it had been moments before.

Mechanics
Move Action: move to (S, 25), indirectly, to avoid all but the last square as difficult terrain

Standard Action: Stunning Palm Attack on Maned Carnosaur
Attack: [1d20+8]=3+8=11 vs Fort = miss...

Louie: uses Rhyme of the Blood-seeking Blade as an immediate interrupt
Attack vs Maned Carnosaur: [1d20+12]=9+12=21 vs Reflex = hit
Hit: [1d10+7]=2+7=9 damage, and the target takes -4 to defenses against the triggering attack...

...which still misses
Miss: [2d8+4]=14+4=18 damage. My stance ends. 

Prepared to use one of my two immediate actions in retaliation against my marked target if it opts to go after anyone besides me
Combat Block
Caoimhe

Female Elf Monk|Warden 5

Surges left: 10/10

Active Effects:
* I cannot be blinded
Stance: I cannot be dazed or stunned, and can use a power

Powers:

Five Storms
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Nature's Wrath
Agile Recovery

Second Wind [_]
Surefooted Stride [_]
Roots of Stone [_]
Eternal Mountain [X]

Stunning Palm [X]
Lifebind Attack [X]

Consumables:
* Blinding Bomb, lv3
* Tanglefoot bag, lv2

Important Features:
Class Features
Monastic Tradition (Hybrid): Only gain Flurry of Blows power, and that only procs on monk powers. Can take feats that require this features.

Nature's Wrath (Hybrid): Once during each turn, I can mark one adjacent enemy as a free action. Gain two mark punishing powers.

Racial Features
Sense Threat: When I roll initiative, I can use perception instead of my normal initiative check. When I do so, nearby allies who get a lower result add +2 to their result.

Wood Elf Reactive Stealth: If I have any cover or concealment when I roll initiative, I can make a stealth check to hide at the same time.

Theme Features
Lv1 Explorer: I always know which way is north, and gain +5 to any check to avoid becoming lost, to find my way to a specific location, or to spot a distant landmark.

Lv5 Explorer: When determining travel time for myself, and up to 10 companions, group's speed is equal to the slowest member +1. People who travel with me gain +2 to endurance checks during travel.

Feat(ures)

Item Features

Cloak of Distortion: +1 to all defenses against ranged attacks made from more than 5 squares away

Iron Body Ki Focus: When I hit a target I gain resist 3 to that target's attacks until my EONT

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As Taliesin's ball of lightning hits the giant reptile, it noticeably wounds the creature, whose blood drips onto the ground around it sizzling like its corrosive saliva.

Meanwhile, with your attentions now turned to the larger beast, the alpha of the pack makes its escape, running off in the direction of the wooden bridge.

Go: Zima, Ilmoto, Louie

Mechanics
Taliesin: hits, bloodies

Maned Carnosaur: immediate reaction, close burst 1, no targets.

Taliesin: moves, marks.

Caoihme: moves, misses, Louie hits.

Alpha Leosaur: runs north twice.
Map
Map Info
Auras

Features

Enemy/Ally Info
Enemies

Appearance
Status
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Emboldened by the momentum of her companions' efforts in pushing the terrible beast back, Zima concentrates once more on its unfamiliar mind. You will know anguish, you will know agony, she wills of the creature, burdening it momentarily with the insight of sentience — and the gnawing pain of sympathy from its assault on her people.
Mechanics
Standard
Mind Thrust (Augment 1) on Maned Carnosaur. Hits 25 vs Will for 9 psychic damage, and the enemy has a -3 to Will until the EOMNT.
Mind Thrust Attack: [1d20+10]=15+10=25
Mind Thrust Damage: [1d10+7]=2+7=9

Move
Walk to P24

Ready Interrupt
Intellect Fortress, should I be hit by an attack that a +3 to that defense would negate.
Combat Block - Zima

Female Kalashtar Psion 5

Power Points: 0/5

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Mind Thrust
Dishearten
Betrayal
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Second Wind [_]
My Mind Is My Own [_]
Far Hand [_][_]
Forceful Push [X][_]
Intellect Fortress [_]

Living Missile[_]
Hypnotic Pulse [X]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
Dual Soul: At the start of your turn, you can make a saving throw against each effect rendering you dazed or dominated. If you fail, you cannot make another one at end of turn.
Telepathy 5: You can communicate with any other creature that has a language and is within line of sight and within 5 squares. This allows for two-way communication.

Amulet of Seduction +1: When you impose a charm effect (save ends), the target takes a -2 penalty to the first save.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Ilmoto advances, attempting to scare the creature with mental fire.
Mechanics

Minor: Command Magma Beast to Q24
Move Action: Move to Q26
Standard: Beguiling Strands vs Maned Carnosaur [1d20+9]=3+9=12 vs will. On hit push to W/X,29/30

Reactions
Use shield when attacked as interrupt
Use Robe of Contingency when bloodied and attacked and damaged as immediate reaction

Combat Block
Ilmoto Brandt

HP: 29/40
Surges left: 7/8

Resistances:
None

Vulnerabilities:
None
Saves:

Active Effects:
None

Powers:

At-Will
Beguiling Strands
Freezing Burst
Magic Missile
Light (cantrip)
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Item At-Will
Flaming Weapon

Encounter [_]
Burning Hands / Skewering Spikes [X]
Heroic Effort[_]
Shock Sphere / Fire Shroud [X]
Second Wind [_]
Action Point [_]

Item Encounter [_]

Daily [_]

Item Daily [_]

Consumables:
Inferno Oil

Important Features:
[SHOW]
Alchemist Feature: You gain the Alchemist feat as a bonus feat. You know the formula for a particular 1st-level alchemical item (such as alchemist's fire). You can use this formula without needing training in any skill associated with it. At the end of a short rest, you can create one alchemical item of your level or lower at no cost. You must know the formula for the item you create. You can have only one such item prepared at a time.
Evocation Apprentice:When you roll damage for an arcane evocation power, if any of the dice come up with a result of 1, pick one of them, reroll it, and use the new result.
Enlarge Spell: Before using a wizard at-will or encounter attack power, you can choose to take a -2 penalty to each die of damage rolled with the power to increase the size of its blast or its burst by 1. You can’t use this feat on a power that doesn’t roll dice for damage.
Blade Initiate:Once per day, when you are wielding a blade, you can invoke the Swordmage Warding class feature as a minor action. Until the end of the encounter, you gain a +1 bonus to AC (or a +3 bonus to AC if you have one hand free).
War Wizard's expertise +1 atk with haevy and light blades, -5 penalty to hit your allies
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With another pluck of his bowstring, the massive beast recoils backwards, giving Louie's ally a chance to strike. Almost have you now.

Mechanics
Standard: Staggering Notes on Maned Carnosaur
Attack: [1d20+10]=9+10=19 vs Will = Hit
Damage: 5 thunder damage

Caoimhe gets an MBA
Attack: [1d20+11]=17+11=28 vs AC = Hit
Damage: [1d8+8]=2+8=10

Carnosaur is pushed 3 squares down
Combat Block

Male Changling Skald 5

Powers:

Changeling Disguise
Staggering Note
Jinx Shot

Acrobat Boots

Second Wind [_]
Changeling Trick [_]
Words of Friendship [_]
Prophesied Strike [X]
Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade [X]
Skald's Aura [X]
Moment of Escape [_]
Alter Time [_]

Stirring Shout [X] *
Arrow of Warning [_] *
Compulsion [X]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
Class
Master of Song and Story: I gain two 1st-level dailies, but I can only use one a day.

Racial

Shapechanger: I have the shapechanger subtype. I can alter my appearance. I'm subject to effects and conditions that affect shapechangers.

Theme
Halaster's Clone: I don't age. I'm immune to all diseases of my level and lower.

Feats

Battle Song Expertise: I gain a +1/2/3 bonus to attacks made with weapons I'm proficient at and any item designated a bard implement. I gain a +1 bonus to the number of squares I can push, pull, and slide creatures with bard attacks.

Items
Healer's Hide Armor +1: When I use a healing power that lets a creature spend a healing surge to regain hit points, the target gains an additional +1 HP.

Healer's Brooch +1: When I use a power that enables me or an ally to regain hit points, the target gains an additional +1 HP.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Louie knocks the creature back once more but it simply moves back towards Caoimhe. It let's out an almighty terrifying roar as it does, enough to unnerve even the most battle hardened among you. It bites at Caoimhe, catching the elf in its jaws. Sharp teeth puncture deep into her flesh where corrosive salvia burns with a searing pain.

Go: Caoimhe, Taliesin

Mechanics
Zima: hits, moves.

Ilmoto: moves Magma Beast, moves, misses.

Louie: hits, grants MBA, hits, pushes.

Maned Carnosaur: Moves North, Terrifying Roar, Close Burst 3, 23 vs Will, Zima Caoimhe Ilmoto and Taliesin -2 to attack rolls until Maned Carnosaur EONT , Attacks Caoimhe, crits for 15 damage bloodying, 5 ongoing (save ends acid damage) and Caoimhe is grabbed.

Taliesin: Teleports adjacent to Maned Carnosaur and makes MBA, (I went with a flanking position for let me know if you wanted to be somewhere else instead), 27 vs AC = hit for 17 damage.
Map
Map Info
Auras

Features

Enemy/Ally Info
Enemies

Appearance
Status
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Taliesin moves like the wind, using its momentary distraction to slip behind it and deliver a swift strike. "Feel the Stormlord's rage!" He growls, and a jolt of lightning moves up into the Carnosaur from his blade, shocking it briefly.
OOC
My teleport wouldn't have triggered, it would have ended on its turn immediately after I used the encounter power. It should have +17 health since I wouldn't have been able to use the triggered attack.
Mechanics
Move Action: Walk 1 SE into S30, walk 2 South to U30, walk 2 SW to W28, walk 1 NW to V26.
Standard Action: Eldritch Strike vs Maned Carnosaur.
Attack: [1d20+14]=19+14=33
Damage: [1d8+9]=8+9=17[1d6]=6, for 23 damage total.
Effect: Eldritch strike slides the Carnosaur 0 squares.
Combat Block
Taliesin

Male Elf Swordmage|Warlock Level 5
Languages: Andorian, Elven, Modern Serran
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 175 lbs.

Initiative: +3
Passive Insight: 14

Fort: 16
Reflex: 16
Will: 16
Surges left: 11/11

MBA: Eldritch Strike +12 vs AC, 1d8+9 damage
MBA: Shielding Blade Longsword +6 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
RBA (unarmed): +1 vs AC, 1d4+1 damage

Resistances:

Vulnerabilities: none

Saves: +5 Racial Bonus against Charm Effects

Active Effects:

Powers:
Eldritch Strike
Sword Burst
Warlock's Curse
Aegis of Assault [x]
Blazing Pursuit [x]
Fiery Bolt [x]

Consumables: none

Important Features
Power Details
Eldritch Strike - Standard Action - One Creature - +12 vs AC - 1[W]+9 damage, slide target 1 square.
Sword Burst - Standard Action - Close Burst 1 - +8 vs Reflex - 1d6+4 Force
Warlock's Curse - Minor Action - Closest Enemy in LoS - Add 1d6 damage to one successful hit per turn. 
Second Wind - Standard Action - Spend a healing surge and gain +2 to all defenses until SONT.
Guardian's Counter - Immediate Interrupt - Close Burst 2 - Trigger: An ally within 2 squares is hit by an attack and I am not included in the attack. Effect: The ally and I shift up to 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. I become the target of the triggering attack, in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, I can make a basic attack against the attacker.
Fey Step - Move Action - Personal - Effect: Teleport up to 5 squares.
Aegis of Assault - Minor Action - Close Burst 2 - Target One Creature in Burst - Effect: Mark Target. If my marked target makes an attack and doesn't include me in the attack, it takes -2 to hit. If the attack still hits and the marked target is within 10 squares, I can use my immediate reaction to teleport to a square adjacent to the target and make an MBA against it. Can't take the immediate reaction if no open squares exist near the target.
Blazing Pursuit - Standard Action - +11 vs AC - 1[W]+9 Fire damage. If the target is within 5 squares at EONT (enemy), as a free action I can teleport to a space that must be adjacent to the target. (Aegis) I can teleport to a space adjacent to the target even if I do not have line of sight to that space.
Fiery Bolt - Standard Action - Ranged 10 - One creature - +8 vs Reflex - 3d6+7 Fire damage +1d6 (once per round). Adjacent enemies take 1d6+8 Fire damage.
Dimensional Thunder - Standard Action - One Creature - +11 vs Fort - Effect: Teleport a number of squares equal to Con modifier - 2d8+9 Thunder damage - Effect: Each enemy adjacent (to me) gains ongoing 5 thunder damage (save ends).
Host of Shields - Minor Action - Personal - Effect: Until the stance ends, gain +2 power bonus to AC and Reflex.
Tyrannical Threat - Standard Action - Close Burst 3 - Target: Each Enemy in Burst - +8 vs Will - Hit: 1d10+7 Psychic damage, and place my Warlock's Curse on the Target, +1d6 once per round - Miss: Half Damage. Infernal Pact: Place my Warlock's Curse on the Target. Effect: Until EOTE whenever I'm attacked by a Cursed creature, it takes psychic damage equal to my Int mod (+4).

Class Features
Swordbond - By spending 1 hour of meditation with a light or heavy blade, I forge a special bond with it. As a standard action, I can call my bonded weapon to my hand from up to 10 squares away. Only 1 bond at a time. 1 hour of meditation can restore the weapon as long as I can recover a fragment of the blade.
Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid) - Aegis of Assault - Once per Encounter, regain use if target is reduced to 0 hp.
Eldritch Pact - Fey Pact (Hybrid)
Eldritch Strike - I use Constitution as my Key ability with Eldritch Strike.
Warlock Will (Hybrid) +1 to Will Save.
Racial Features
Ability Score Increase: +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma
Skill Bonuses: +2 Arcana, +2 History
Eladrin Education: +1 Bonus Skill
Eladrin Weapon Proficiency: Gain proficiency with the Longsword
Eladrin Will: +1 bonus to Will. In addition, gain a +5 bonus vs Charm effects.
Fey Origin: Considered a Fey Creature in terms of origin.
Fey Step: Gain the Fey Step power.
Trance: Rather than sleep, may Trance for 4 hours to gain the benefits of an extended rest. During this time, I am fully aware of my surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.
Theme Features
Level 1 Guardian: Guardian's Counter (Encounter Power)
Level 5 Guardian: +2 power bonus to Insight and Perception checks.
Feat(ure)s
Eldritch Blade - When I use Eldritch Strike and wield a Longsword, I gain a +1 bonus to my attack roll.
Eladrin Soldier - I gain proficiency with all spears and a +2 bonus to damage rolls with longswords and all spears.
White Lotus Riposte - After hitting an enemy with an Arcane at-will Attack power, if they hit me before SONT that enemy takes damage equal to the ability mod of the attack power's damage. (4 Damage)
War Wizard's Expertise - Gain a +1 feat bonus to attack rolls of arcane powers and basic attacks made with light or heavy blades. Also, when using an arcane attack power with a light or heavy blade, my attack rolls take a -5 penalty against my allies.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Caoimhe yells out in pain, first as the creature's teeth dig into her skin, and then as its saliva sears it. She struggles, attempting to break free and regain her footing.

Mechanics
Free Action: Nature's Wrath to mark Maned Carnosaur until the end of my next turn

Move Action: Attempt to escape being grapped
Acrobatics: [1d20+11]=16+11=27 vs reflex = success?
Effect: stop being grabbed, shift to (R, 25)

Standard Action: Second Wind
Effect: spend one healing surge to regain 13 hp, unbloodying and gaining +2 to all defenses until the start of my next turn

Combat Block
Caoimhe

Female Elf Monk|Warden 5

HP: 29/52
Surges left: 9/10

Active Effects:
* I cannot be blinded
+2 to defenses until SONT

Powers:

Five Storms
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Nature's Wrath
Agile Recovery

Second Wind [X]
Surefooted Stride [_]
Roots of Stone [_]
Eternal Mountain [X]

Stunning Palm [X]
Lifebind Attack [X]

Consumables:
* Blinding Bomb, lv3
* Tanglefoot bag, lv2

Important Features:
Class Features

Racial Features

Theme Features

Feat(ures)

Item Features

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Taliesin's attack shocks the beast, which relaxes its grip on Caoimhe, allowing her to escape from its jaws. As the elven scholar pulls his blade out of the creature's back, it lets out one last roar before it slumps down, breathing its last laboured breathes before it finally expires leaving you alone in the ruins of the First Fleet's encampment.

Short Rest?

Mechanics
Maned Carnosaur: takes 5 fire damage, saves.

Taliesin: walks, hits, kills.

Caoimhe: marks, escapes grapple, shifts, heals, takes 5 acid damage, saves.
Map
Map Info
Auras

Features

Enemy/Ally Info
Enemies

Appearance
Status
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

As the beast finally falls, Zima rushes to the side of her partner, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright, my love? Can you stand?" she asks, the worry evident in her strained voice. She casts a look toward the others. "Tali, Ilmoto?"
Mechanics
Process a short rest, recovering 5/5 PP and encounter powers.
Combat Block - Zima

Female Kalashtar Psion 5

Power Points: 5/5

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Mind Thrust
Dishearten
Betrayal
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Second Wind [_]
My Mind Is My Own [_]
Far Hand [_][_]
Forceful Push [_][_]
Intellect Fortress [_]

Living Missile[_]
Hypnotic Pulse [X]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"I am-" Caoimhe begins, before wincing in pain. She carefully lowers herself to the ground as she begins to tend to her numerous wounds. "I am alright, enaid. Or at least I will be." She gazes around at the fresh corpses of the strange creatures that had attacked them, pondering the destination of the one that had gotten away.

"These things... they are dangerous, but too few in number to have brought this place to ruin. Either there are many more of them out there, or something else must have caused the abandonment of this camp. It is puzzling," she muses, as she begins to rest her head against Zima. Truly a mystery. Hopefully we can avoid whatever fate befell them.

Mechanics
Short rest: spend 2 surges to return to 50 hp, regain all encounter powers.

Combat Block
Caoimhe

Female Elf Monk|Warden 5

HP: 50/52
Surges left: 7/10

Active Effects:
* I cannot be blinded

Powers:

Five Storms
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Nature's Wrath
Agile Recovery

Second Wind [_]
Surefooted Stride [_]
Roots of Stone [_]
Eternal Mountain [_]

Stunning Palm [X]
Lifebind Attack [X]

Consumables:
* Blinding Bomb, lv3
* Tanglefoot bag, lv2

Important Features:
Class Features

Racial Features

Theme Features

Feat(ures)

Item Features

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"There must be more, and maybe even other kinds of beasts than these," Zima surmises. "The claw marks on the sentry tower, Louie — do they match these creatures that attacked us?" When Caoimhe is done bandaging herself, Zima helps her to her feet.

"We should take care to ensure the rest of the ruins are free of predators. We do not want our people to be in danger while they unload and set up camp."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Louie breathes a sigh of relief as they finally fell the creature. Thank the gods... As Zima's suggestion, he kneels down to check the claws on the felled beast, seeing if they match those he'd examined on the tower before.
Mechanics
Short rest: Regain encounter powers

Nature?: [1d20+7]=11+7=18
Combat Block

Male Changling Skald 5

Powers:

Changeling Disguise
Staggering Note
Jinx Shot

Acrobat Boots

Second Wind [_]
Changeling Trick [_]
Words of Friendship [_]
Prophesied Strike [_]
Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade [_]
Skald's Aura [_]
Moment of Escape [_]
Alter Time [_]

Stirring Shout [X] *
Arrow of Warning [_] *
Compulsion [X]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
Class

Racial

Theme

Feats

Items

BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Yes, die beast die! Ilmoto smiles as the monsters body hits the ground. It is I who ought to be feared.
"I am alright Zima, yes, thank you." Ilmoto stretches before recovering the parts to his doused hound and some samples from the exotic monsters.
Mechanics
Short rest: spend a healing surge and recover all encounter powers. During the rest, Ilmoto wants to recover some samples; fur, nail clippings etc.
Magma beast daily expires
Combat Block
Ilmoto Brandt

HP: 39/40
Surges left: 6/8

Resistances:
None

Vulnerabilities:
None
Saves:

Active Effects:
None

Powers:

At-Will
Beguiling Strands
Freezing Burst
Magic Missile
Light (cantrip)
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Item At-Will
Flaming Weapon

Encounter [_]
Burning Hands / Skewering Spikes [_]
Heroic Effort[_]
Shock Sphere / Fire Shroud [_]
Second Wind [_]
Action Point [_]

Item Encounter [_]

Daily [_]

Item Daily [_]

Consumables:
Inferno Oil

Important Features:
[SHOW]
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Louie
Examining the creatures claws, you find that they would be too small to be responsible for the gashes torn into the wooden sentry tower.
Ilmoto
As you gather some samples from the beast's corpse, you collect a vial of its saliva which you are confident could be applied to a weapon adding the saliva's corrosive properties to its next attack.
Mechanics
Maned Carnosaur Saliva
Poison
Attack: +8 vs Fortitude; ongoing 5 acid damage and weakened (save ends both)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Louie shakes his head, an uneasy frown spread across his face. "No," he says anxiously towards Zima. "Whatever made the marks on the tower..." He pauses, imagination running wild with ideas. "...is larger than this."
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Taliesin drops to a knee as the beast finally stops living, and takes a moment to catch his breath. "I'll be fine." He gave a soft smile, appreciative of the magic she had expended allowing him to finish the fight. He took a moment, grabbed a cloth and some liquid, and gently began cleaning his blade, wiping away the blood and viscera that had coated it. "We may have enough information now to properly report the situation to Tofyr and the others." He sighs softly, looking around at the empty camp. "I wish we could find out exactly what happened here." He says softly.
Mechanics
Process short rest, regain powers, spend 2 heal surges, heal for 26 (cap out).
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Zima nods to Taliesin, content for now that her companions are not too gravely injured. Her throat tightens at Louie's findings. "I suppose we shall have little need of this ocular device to spot it, then," she says, flatly.

"Let us perform a final sweep of these ruins, and then return to Tofyr."
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"Yes, we should do a last sweep to be sure." Ilmoto replies at Zima.
"What was that about an even larger creature Llewellyn?"
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Caoimhe frowns as Louie mentions the creature from the tower, her imagination doing its best to form an image of what might have caused the marks. "If there are larger, more aggressive creatures to be found in these forests, then I'd say the first priority - once the camp is established - should be to build defenses. We should make sure Tofyr passes this along, so work can begin immediately. Clearly these beasts are not accustomed to outsiders in this area, and are looking to roam unhindered. I cannot imagine they will take kindly to several hundred souls suddenly appearing on this shore."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Yes, defenses," Zima agrees. "I would like to be a part of that effort. Protecting our people from hostile wildlife was an ever-urgent demand in Peregozupale. This port town presents a much more... vertical challenge than the caverns I come from, but I may have some unorthodox ideas." The seer smiles proudly.

She waves a hand toward the rest of the ruins, yet combed through. "Let us be moving once more," she urges.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

With the dilapidated courtyard area secured, you head closer to the ruins of the building. From this side of the structure, there appear to be a few doors that lead inside, as well as several large holes in the crumbled walls. Inside appears to be dark and overgrown near the holes in the walls, with grass and vines attempting to reclaim the structure on nature's behalf.

There are also the damaged stairs that ascend around the courtyard and up in the upper levels of the main building, which appear challenging but climbable.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Let's tread carefully though. Last thing we need is an accidental injury," Louie says with a cautious glance toward the ruined building. "I'm not sure what clues will be left if this is the state of this building though." Maybe the upstairs had some sort of living quarters though.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"The stairway upwards looks treacherous. Though the entire building looks prone to crumbling apart at a moment's notice," Zima warns. "Perhaps the bottom is safest to start with."
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

With his blade quickly wiped clean and resheathed, he walks along with the others, taking in his surroundings deeply. Truthfully, if he were to say, it is hard not to get lost in it all; the land of his ancestors. As they walk he tries to dream of what their villages may have looked like, what their clothes looked like, what their voices sounded like. The smells of food roasting, or soup cooking.

He is brought back to the present by the sound of talking. Keeping his voice down as though to not bring about the future Zima warns of, he responds; "I agree. Down below, and when we return we can let our expert climber take the upstairs. I could try to go with him, perhaps."
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"I've climbed my fair share of trees, some dilapidated stairs should not be too hard," Caoimhe responds. "I can come too, though we should all make the trip one at a time. We need not test the limits of the structure's remaining strength after so long spent deteriorating outdoors."

Nodding at her lover's words, she adds, "but I agree that we should stick to the ground level first. I doubt creatures like we just faced would have much interest in the higher reaches of the building, and I'd very much like to not be surrounded by more of them should we come toppling through a floorboard to the ground level."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

You press on, heading into the building through one of the holes in the walls. The air is musty inside, the smell a mix of rotting wood and decomposing carcasses. As your eyes adjust to the low light levels you are able to make out the gnawed bones which litter the floor. In this room makeshift cots line the walls, likely temporary housing for the workers building the structure, but the room is still dark and you are unable to make out much more.

At one end a door sits ajar, leading deeper into the building. A faint shuffling sound can be heard coming from behind the door, something like a small animal would make.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Louie grimaces as the odor wafts past his nose, recoiling for a moment as its origin becomes clear. Do I even want to know what those bones belong to? His eyes dart to the door ahead as he hears the skittering within. "Let's not split up too much. We don't know what's lurking about." And even the smallest creature can be deceptively dangerous.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Zima's throat tightens at the sight of the gnawed bones underfoot, but her attention is kept forward once she hears the skittering of what she assumes is a small animal. "Careful, we are not alone," she warns. The seer takes a torch from her pack, lighting it with a chip of flint.
OOC
Darkness, be gone! Anything else of note once the room is illuminated?
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Zima's torch bathes the room in its warm glow, illuminating the dark corners of the room. Now with a light source you can make out a small wooden chest at the foot of one of the cots on the other side of the room.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Ilmoto starts searching the room for traces of magic, making sure to give the chest some extra attention.

Mechanics
[1d20+12]=20+12=32 Arcana check to find magic.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The small, wooden chest catches Zima's eyes, but she keeps her attention toward where she heard the animal noises. "Caoi-caoi, could you perhaps secure that door? Just in case."

She steps closer to the center of the room, allowing Ilmoto to perform his search while she helps to illuminate the surroundings.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Ilmoto
You inspect the room and find it devoid of any magical presence. However you sense a powerful source of magic, emanating from deeper into the building, in the same direction as the source of the shuffling sounds.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Taliesin adjusts as Zima mentions they are not alone, shifting his walk to make his steps a little quieter. "What do you all see?" He asks, looking around.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"There is a strong magic presence deeper into the building." Ilmoto says, as he thoroughly examines the chest for more conventional traps.
Info
Is the chest locked?
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"That's... concerning," Louie says anxiously as Ilmoto explains the magic he's detected further ahead. "Another artifact? Or some kind of spell the last inhabitants put up? Let's just stay cautious."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Ilmoto continues to examine the wooden chest, eventually opening in and looking inside.
Ilmoto
You find the chest to be a crude and simple design, devoid of any lock. Opening the hewn wooden container you find it contains a set of fine carpentry tools, likely of dwarven make. Along with the tools are a pair of work gloves and what appears to be a small velvet coin purse.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Sure, enaid," Caoimhe responds to Zima, wearing a smile despite her worry. She slowly makes her way towards the door in question, aiming to stay as silent and unseen as she can as she makes her approach. Hopefully this rustling is a creature wholly unlike the ones we've come across so far. Surely there must be some creatures in this land that do not want to kill us.

Mechanics
Stealth to approach the door undected: [1d20+6]=1+6=7 lmao no
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Zima watches both Ilmoto and Caoimhe with an anxious energy. As she waits, she peers about the room itself, her eyes falling upon the gnawed bones littering the floor. Are those...?

OOC
Wait, hold up, you said there were gnawed bones everywhere? What the fuck are we looking at here?
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

OOC
The bones don't appear to be humanoid in origin.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"Carpentry tools, dwarven made I believe, useful." Ilmoto says, while pocketing the tools and gloves. After taking the tools, he carefully takes a look at what's in the small purse.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As Caoimhe approaches the door she accidentally kicks one of the bones in the carrion littering the floor. The noise it makes is enough to alert any wary creatures that someone is approaching, however there is no noticeable response from whatever lurks behind the door.

Ilmoto
Opening the coinpurse you find it contains, unsurprisingly, a number of coins. In total you count twelve gold pieces, eight silver and four copper.

The coins themselves seem to be a mix of Dwarven, Kurnish and Sakuran coins. However one coin catches your eye which doesn't appear familiar to you. The coin is crudely made, even compared to the Kurnish and Sakuran coins, let alone the Dwarven ones. It also appears to be made of a different metal, having a duller golden colour to it.

The images on either side of the coin are hard to decipher due to the poor metal casting, however one side appears to be a spear of some kind, while the other side is a symbol, a diamond shape with a dot in the middle.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Louie feels some relief as he takes a closer look at bones, confirming they didn't belong to any of the former expedition. Thank the gods. That would be a gruesome discovery. He winces as Caoimhe alerts the creatures beyond the door, shooting her an uneasy glance. "Well there goes any surprise. Let's still take it slow."