Blackwood's Dogs, Ch. 2 — IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
ratwizard
A Wan Smile
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: Blackwood's Dogs, Ch. 2 IC

Post by ratwizard »

"Watch your fucking reach," Grommak snarls at Pete as the orc leaps to his feet. He lends a hand to Margaux, hoping to pull up the grate. When I find that disappearing cunt, I am going to run him through.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move
Stand up.

Standard
Lift right-most grate with Margaux.
Strength check: 17(1d20) +11 = 28

Ready
Cross-Body Parry if I am melee attacked.

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Grommak

Male Half-Orc Two-Weapon Ranger 11
Languages: Common, Kurnish
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 200 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +8+5
Passive Perception: 26
Passive Insight: 21
Senses: Low-light Vision

AC: 25
Fort: 26
Reflex: 23
Will: 23
HP: 58/94
Bloodied: 47
Surge Value: 23
Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
+1 against fear, daze, domination, stun effects

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Hunter's Quarry
Marauder's Rush
Twin Strike

Second Wind []
Sohei Flurry []
Furious Assault [X]
Off-Hand Strike []
Invigorating Stride []
Ruffling Sting []
Lashing Leaves []
Cross-Body Parry []
Captain's Saber +2 (Swift Charge) []
Periapt of Cascading Health +2 [X]
Boots of the Fencing Master [X]

Jaws of the Wolf []
Frenzied Skirmish [X]
Begin the Hunt [X]
Attacks on the Run []
Blood of the Fallen [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Racial Traits and Class or Path Features:

Class:

Prime Punisher: If no ally is adjacent to an enemy I am adjacent to, I gain my +1 to melee attacks.

Paragon Path / Background:

Dancing Defense: If hitting with at least two melee attacks on my turn, I gain a +2 bonus to AC and Reflex TSNT.
Dual-Blade Action: On AP-spend, I can take an attack with both hands with a +4 WISmod bonus to damage.
Sohei Indomitability: +1 power bonus to save throws against fear, daze, domination, or stun effects.

Racial:

Half-Orc Resilience: First time being blooded in an encounter, gain 10 THP.
Swift Charge: +2 bonus to speed while charging.

Notable Feats:

Impending Doom Style: If both Twin Strikes hit, one target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls til my next turn end.
Cunning Stalker: I gain CA against creatures with no other creatures adjacent.
Two-Weapon Opening: When scoring a crit with my main hand, I can take a MBA with my off-hand against the target as a free action.
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to defenses against Op Attacks while wielding HB.

Item Features:

Jagged Weapon +3: Crits on a 19 or 20, and crits do 10 ongoing damage (save ends).
Captain's Saber +2: Crits do +2d6 damage, and I gain +2 item bonus to defenses against OAs when charging with this weapon.
Boots of the Fencing Master: When shifting, gain a +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex TENT.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With his vision clouded by the shaman's strange attack, Henri blinks in vain, as if hoping to clear his sight. "For once, it's a good thing you lot smell as you do, or I'd be hopelessly lost." He sighs, following Darcell's voice in hopes that the bard leads him from harm's way.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Walk to AD42

Standard: Total Defense

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Henri LaBelle

Male Genasi Warlord 11
Languages: Common, Imardanian, Brennisian
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 150 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +16
Passive Perception: 16
Passive Insight: 14
Senses: Normal vision

AC: 25
Fort: 24
Ref: 23
Will: 22
HP: 66/82
Bloodied: 41
Surge Value: 20
Surges left: 8/8
Action points: 1

MBA: +13 vs AC, 1d6+5 damage.
RBA: +17 vs AC, 1d8+9 damage.

Resistances: None
Vulnerabilities: None
Saves: +2 vs ongoing damage

Active Effects: Blinded til Shaman SONT

Powers:

Direct the Strike
Paint the Bulls-Eye
Sea Legs

Acrobat Boots

Second Wind []
Inspiring Word [X] [X] [X]
Race the Arrow [X]
Provocative Order []
On My Mark [X]
Lady Luck Smiles [X]
Swiftcurrent [X]
Adaptive Stratagem [X]
Dragon's Tenacity []
Shifting Tides []

Triple-barreled Pistol [_]

Relentless Wounding []
Create Opportunity []
Warlord's Recovery []

Gloves of Piercing []
Bracers of Archery []
Stone of Wind []

Consumables:

None

Important Features
[SHOW]

Crossbow Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to attack rolls that you make with a crossbow. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. Also, you ignore partial cover or superior cover with weapon attacks you make with a crossbow.

Improved Defenses: You gain a +1 feat bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Inspirational Attacker: Targets of my Inspiring Word gain 5 additional HP if they're adjacent to an enemy I've hit that turn.

Improved Inspiring Word: Add your Charisma modifier (+3) to the hit points restored by your inspiring word.

Distant Advantage: I gain a CA for ranged/area attacks against enemies flanked by my allies

Improved Initiative: I gain a +4 bonus to initiative.

Combat Commander: The initiative bonus from my Combat Leader feature is equal to my Intelligence modifier (+5)

Last Legion Officer When I use a power that would allow an ally to spend a healing surge, that ally can choose to shift 1 square as a free action or gain a +2 bonus to AC and Reflex until the start of their next turn.

Fight On: You can use your inspiring word one additional time per encounter.

Resourceful Presence: When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, that attack gains a bonus to damage equal to one-half your level + your Intelligence modifier (+10). If the attack hits no target, the ally gains temporary hit points equal to one-half your level + your Charisma modifier (+8).

Know Your Strength: When rolling damage for a weapon attack, I treat a roll of 1 or 2 as a 3.

Seize the Day: When I spend an action point to attack and roll an odd number on the first roll, I gain 10 THP. If I roll an even number, each ally within 5 squares gains 5 THP.

Archer Warlord When you make a ranged basic attack with a bow, you can use Strength instead of Dexterity for the attack roll and the damage roll.

Combat Leader: You and each ally within 10 squares who can see and hear you gain a +2 power bonus to initiative.

Elemental Origin: I'm considered to be of elemental origin.

Watersoul: I can breathe underwater. I gain a +2 to saving throws against ongoing damage.

The Mariner: While aboard a ship, gain a +1 bonus (+2 at Level 10) to any skill or ability check related to life at sea; gain the sea legs power. You gain a +2 power bonus to initiative checks. You ignore difficult terrain when you shift. While aboard a ship, you can use a minor action once per round to shift 1 square.

Auspicious Birth: Substitute your highest ability score for Constitution to determine initial hit points.

Distance Imardanian Officer's Pistol +3: Increases the weapon's normal range by 5 squares and the long range by 10 squares.

Lifeblood Hide Armor +2: You gain 5 temporary hit points after each rest. If you remove the armor, you lose these hit points.

Gem of Colloquy: You gain a +1 item bonus to Bluff and Diplomacy checks.

Cloak of Distortion: You gain an item bonus to all defenses against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away equal to this item's enhancement bonus.

Bracers of Archery: You gain a +2 item bonus to damage rolls while attacking with a bow or crossbow.

Acrobat Boots: You gain a +1 item bonus to Acrobatics checks.

TauNeutrino
Registered for: 5 years 1 month

Post by TauNeutrino »

Pandora remains vigilant, providing overwatch for her allies who are opening the grate.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Shift to AF45

Standard: Ready action to use Explosive Pyre on the shaman or any other apparent enemies that move into her sight in range.

BartNL
Swampperson Prime
Registered for: 5 years

Post by BartNL »

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Move to AD 43
Standard: Ready action: Charge first enemy that appears in reach "9.

"Fuck my head hurts. The fuck happened man?" Pete responds confused as the orc get's up.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"You went feral I guess," Grommak says to Pete, his words losing their bite after realizing the man was not fully in control of himself.