Escape Trajectory: Makkuro — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: [SWN] Valetel Epsilon IC

Post by Namelessjake »

"Sure," Brayda says in reply to Cass. She puts her plates back down on the table for a second to access her large compad. A couple of taps later she swipes forward again as she did with the menus and the bills appear on the table in front of their respective owner, outlining the different items and with a space for the tip.

"Just enter the tip and touch your compad to the table when you're ready," Brayda adds with a smile, this one seeming much more genuine than before, before she picks the plates back up and heads for the kitchen.

Tess
[SHOW]

1 x Falafel Wrap 6 Cr.
1 x Water 2 Cr.
1 x Beer 3 Cr.

Total 11 Cr.

Cass
[SHOW]

2 x Chicken Shawarma Platter 24 Cr.
2 x Turbo Soda 4 Cr.
1 x extra Sauce 1 Cr.

Total 29 Cr.

Hikaru
[SHOW]

1 x Beef Shawarma Wrap 7 Cr.
1 x Water 2 Cr.

Total 9 Cr.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Will do," Cass says. "Thanks." He enters a decent tip. I'm low on cred, but everyone's got their own struggle.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Pay 29+4 credits.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Hikaru finds himself grinning as Brayda finally gives them a genuine smile. Maybe she's not the monster the reviews made her out to be. She deserves better than a place like this. "Thank you, Brayda. You've been wonderful," he says before she departs into the kitchen.

He looks over his bill and account balance. He thinks for a moment before inputting his tip and touching his compad onto the table. As he waits for the others to finish up, he pulls up the review page for the restaurant.

Excellent food and excellent service, he rapidly types on the screen. Brayda was a delight, and it's clear patrons and her employer don't treat her right. You deserve better, Brayda.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Pay 9+11 credits

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Tess smiles again as Brayda brings them their bill via compad. She types in a decent tip before touching her compad to the table as told. Hopefully this place doesn't kill that nice girl's spirit.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Pay 15 credits

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

With the bills paid, another image of the restaurant's mascot appears on the table in front of you, this time smiling at you and thanking you for your patronage. You get up and make your way out of the restaurant and back on to the promenade which is still bustling with people. Checking the time you see that Bao's meeting should have started five minutes ago or so meaning Ulven and Schaberg should no longer be home.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Not eager to waste anymore time, Tess pulls up the address they were given on her compad and tries to discern the quickest route to it.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Looks like our marks should have left their pads by now," Cass says in a low tone. "Curious to see what security'll be like."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Tess & Anyone Else Looking Up the Address
[SHOW]

The address is about a 10 minute walk away, further down the promenade and then a couple of streets over, it what looks to be a fairly quiet residential area.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Mhm," Tess responds, putting her pad back away. "Based on the neighborhood I imagine not as tight as the other place, but I guess we'll see when we get there. Come on," she says as she begins walking towards the address. "It's only about a ten minute walk."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"As you command," Cass says quietly as he follows after. I hope we can do this quickly, and quietly. If trouble breaks out, I'm fucking hoofing it.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"He's got money, so he could definitely afford a better system," Hikaru says with a shrug as he trails behind Tess. "Just don't be stupid and act like you belong. Pretend you're the hired help or something."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"I'm carrying a gun, and these clothes don't exactly leave room to conceal it," she responds to her friend. "I doubt I will pass for a servant. A bodyguard, perhaps."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

You make your way along the promenade as you talk. You pass a Diktat patrol as you walk, although the soldiers pay you little attention as you blend into the crowd. After a couple of minutes you reach the turning which will take you to Ulven's house, a small pedestrian tunnel branching off from the promenade which looks to be a couple of hundred meters long.

Reaching the far end of the tunnel the ceiling opens up once again, although not to the heights of the previous areas of the city you've been in today. Here the tunnel joins a road with the tunnel blocked off to traffic with bollards. The road is flanked on both sides by rows of large town houses, which look to be three stories tall, before they reach the ice above. The road is lined with trees every few meters - probably just realistic statues of trees rather than the real thing - with the occasional private vehicle parked underneath them. A few people walk past exiting or entering the promenade, but the area is much quieter than the bustling street you just left. Ulven's townhouse should be just a few doors down according to your compads.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Looks like we can expect one door to get in, not several," Cass says, eyeing the layout of the residential area. "That's good. Problem is, we don't know who else might be home. Do we want to case the joint first?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"We also don't know who in other homes might be watching," Tess responds, eyeing the street with much suspicion. "We should probably only have one person checking out the place, and should they find a back entrance they can message the others. What are your numbers?" she asks, pulling out her compad once more and moving to her contacts page.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by FinalTemplar »

Eridas absent-mindedly stutters out his number for her as he looks around, trying not to look suspicious.

OOC
[SHOW]

He's attempting to not look suspicious, like he's just casually looking around, but everything Eridas looks suspicious as fuck. So, he's probably not doing so well in that department.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"You've already got mine," Hikaru says apathetically, his gaze wandering across the rows of townhouses. "How you ever weaseled that out of me, I don't know." He shrugs, focusing on their quarry. "Why don't we just ring the doorbell to see if anyone is home?"

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Doing his best to act cool, Cass slips out his compad, taps a button, and flicks forward his contact information to Tess's device. "There."

He turns to Hikaru with a half-grunt, half-chuckle. "You... serious? I mean, it could work, I guess. Who do you have in mind?"

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"You, me, Tess? I doubt it matters." Hikaru shrugs, ignoring man's reaction to his suggestion. "Just not him." He gestures to Creed, rolling his eyes as the man fails to act natural. "After that nonsense in the alley, I don't trust him to think on his feet." He'd probably have a breakdown if anyone opened up the door. How the hell did he get this far in life?

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Eridas seems to not even notice Hikaru saying that it should be 'anyone other than him'. He just quietly smiles at the others.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Yeah, bro," Cass says uncomfortably, turning to Creed. "You gotta play it cool. We can't afford a breakdown, understand?" He shrugs, hoping the noncommittal gesture will take off some of the bite of the criticism.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

"I'm... not being cool?" He asked, seemingly oblivious.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Hikaru just stares at Eridas for a moment, a dumbfounded expression on his face. This quickly morphs into an astonished grin. "Oh my god, you're even denser than I thought. This is amazing. Really fucking amazing!" His grin melts as eyes widen in disbelief.

"No, you're not being cool. Cool is not freaking out over everything. Cool is not begging for your life the moment someone threatens you. How the hell have you made it this far in life?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Tess rolls her eye's at Hikaru's response. "I know I have yours," she says, before punching in the numbers of the other two men. "And the only one who could probably ring the door with no issues is Hikaru. If there is anyone home it would certainly make a fine distraction. 'Oh my! A famous pop star is visiting our home!' should keep people occupied for awhile."

As the conversations turns more hostile again, she chimes in, "you should argue about this later. We only have a limited time frame to do this job, and I'd really like to not go back to that cell." Really, what were they thinking assigning us this job? Do they not check for compatible personalities?

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Eridas winces as Hikaru loses it on him again, shrinking back. "I... I'm s-sorry, Hikaru." He says quietly and looks away.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Hikaru rolls his eyes and sighs deeply. "Whatever. Just don't screw everything up for us, mmkay?" He shakes his head as he sets his sights on the townhouse. "No time like the present, I guess. You guys do whatever while I'm doing this." He walks towards the house, internally preparing himself for someone to answer the door. You're a famous pop star. What could do wrong, Hikaru?

With nothing else left to do, he presses the home's doorbell interface.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

He found a spot to stand off to the side where he might at least be out of the way, but could still see Cass. He trusts Cass to not lead him astray.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The door bell chimes as Hikaru presses it. About ten seconds later an attractive young woman opens the door. "Hi... How can I help you?" She asks Hikaru, a puzzled look on her face. She looks to be in her early twenties, with long blond hair with the ends dyed in a myriad of different bright colours, currently worn up in a pony tail. She is dressed in what appears to be designer lounge-wear which hugs her body tightly, accentuating her curves. She has a large pair of headphones with a microphone around her neck, which you can hear faint noises coming from.

"Wait a second, aren't you the guy from that band?!?" She asks, her face turning to a smile as excitement joins her confusion.
"Kenzo right?" She asks quizzically.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Shit," Cass groans. "What's the plan?" he asks Tess, looking on at the scene before him. "I figured we'd be alone. Should we take a peek around back?"

He turns to Creed. "Got any ideas? We need you on this."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Tess' mind races for a moment as the scene unfolds before them. It's good we checked, what are the chances someone is still home? They made it sound like this place would be empty. "Maybe she will invite us in. If he says we are his entourage, or assistants, perhaps we don't even need to sneak around. Then once inside we excuse ourselves to use the restroom and poke around? I don't know, this is all strange."

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Eridas freezes for a moment, taking his time to think. "I-I agree with Tess, I think we should pretend we're his entourage..." He says, not sounding very sure of himself. He tugs on his sleeves before he nods at Tess. "Y-yeah, yeah that plan is good."

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Hikaru finds himself surprised as a young woman opens the door, forcing a smile as she greets him. The light begins to fade from his eyes as she calls him by his bandmate's name. "Close!" the pop star says, letting out a polite chuckle. "I'm Hikaru!" He mimics one of his signature photo-op poses, hoping it works to jog her memory.

He notices the woman's headset with noise emitting from it. "I hope I'm not interrupting. My crew and I were scouting for locations for a new music video and this neighborhood is perfect. So I'm going door to door and asking the homeowners if they're okay with it and if any could offer their home to us. Are you interested?" He musters a wide smile, hoping the prospect of having her house in a music video is enticing enough to the woman.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Talk check: 10(3d6.takehighest(2)) -1 = 9

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"His entourage?" Cass repeats, mulling the idea over. "Yeah. Yeah, that's good. We'll be part of his film crew. You want to lead us over there, band manager?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"No need to show our faces too closely until we know where she stands on this ruse," Tess whispers in response. "If she tells us to fuck off, the last thing we need is for to have seen all of our faces close up. We'll need a backup plan if this one fails."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Send him a ping, then," Cass says with a grimace. "Let him know we're in on the grift."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Right Hikaru!... Sorry," she replies, clearly shaken slightly by getting your name wrong.

"That sounds awesome though," She says, clearly enthused at the thought of being involved with a music video. "But it isn't my house... It's my boyfriend's. He's pretty high up at some big corporation, insurance or something, I don't really ask him about it too much. I don't think he'd mind though, you just need to look around and stuff first right?" she continues, the decision clearly weighing on her mind.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Looks like plan A it is after all," Tess responds, shooting her friend a quick text to introduce the rest of them as his film crew or other associates.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Wow, he must do pretty well for himself to have a place like this!" Hikaru says with a bright smile, suppressing his urge to laugh at the man's lie. Insurance, huh? I guess crime doesn't get you laid around here. At her question, he nods and gives a reassuring smile. "Yep! We just need to look around a bit and make sure it's perfect for the video!" He instinctively checks his compad as it rumbles in his pocket before turning his attention back towards the woman.

"Sorry about that! Now if you're on board, I can introduce you to my team and we can get started."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Well he makes enough to spoil me," she replies with a laugh. "Come in, I guess, and yes bring them in too," she says with a smile, stepping back from the doorway. "I'm Zina by the way," she adds introducing herself.

As you step into the house you find your self in a large entryway with a high ceiling. An elaborate chandelier style light hangs from the ceiling while the edge of the room is decorated with several potted plants, most likely fake as with the trees outside. immediately on your left are a set of double doors which are half open, with a single door opposite on the right. Further back, past the doors, the entryway is flanked by two sets of stairs which both connect to a landing at the top which overlooks the room. Between the stairs is another set of double doors although these ones are closed.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Hikaru musters a laugh at the woman's comment. "You must be his princess for him to spoil you so much!" As he steps into the house, he sends a quick text to his companions for them to join him.

Code: Select all

You guys are part of my crew scouting for a music video, got it? Don't fuck this up. Now let's get this over with.

"They're on their way over," the pop star says with a smile, his eyes scanning the home as he steps inside. "Zina. I like that name! It suits you. But it's nice to meet you. You've got a lovely home!" Tch, fake plants. Pretty on the surface but just disguised trash. Just like this whole planet.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Guess I'll be the sound guy," Cass shrugs, reading the text on his compad. He begins making his way toward the front doors, doing his best to play it cool.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

His crew, huh? Alright Hikaru, you can pretend to be in charge for a little while. She follows after Cass as the man begins to approach the house, saying, "I guess I will be in charge of choreography. Or wait, maybe lighting? I don't know, it's hard to decide." She pauses a moment before saying, "no, I'll be the producer."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Oh thank you," Zina replies to Hikaru's praise. A few moments later, Tess, Cass and Eridas arrive at the door which is still open. "Hi everyone! I'm Zina," the woman says, her face lighting up as she sees you.

"So I can give you a tour if you want? Want exactly do you need to see?" She asks with a smile.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Hi," Cass returns, opting to let Hikaru take the lead for now. Man, this is fucking insane. She really going to let four strangers into her pad like this?

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Hikaru grins as the woman offers a tour of the house. This is easier than expected. "A tour would be great! I guess you can show us anything and everything. You never know what might spark some inspiration for our video."

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Eridas gave a little nod, trying to mimic what the others were doing as to seem natural.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Hello, darling," Tess says boisterously as she steps forward. "Zina is a lovely name, simply marvelous," she continues, giving the woman a polite smile as she glances around the room. "I'm Esther, producer of NTER5TELLAR's next music video. It's going to be big, bold, and beautiful," she says dramatically as she steps into the woman's house. Wow these folks are loaded. It would certainly make sense if this was the guy screwing over that first dude, he's certainly got the funds to suggest he is doing well for himself.

As the conversation turns towards a tour, Tess faces Zina with a large grin. "You must show us everything, darling," she says, taking both of the woman's hands in her own excitedly. "The ins, the outs, the in-betweens. This video will be about life! Passion! Romance! A shot in the bedroom. A shot on the balcony. A group dance sequence in the kitchen, perhaps? We simply must see it all to properly decide."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Oh wow! um Hi..." Zina replies clearly a little bit taken aback by Tess' - or rather Ester's - enthusiasm. "Hopefully it lives up to your expectation."

"And you two are?" Shes asks after a moment, turning to Cass and Eridas.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Don't say Cass, Cass tells himself. Don't say Cass.

"Calvin." He frowns, but doesn't skip a beat. "Sound guy. Gonna be checking the pad out, seeing if the acoustics are right."

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Eridas bites his lip. "Aaron, I do camera work." He says and smiles, and for the first time seems to manage to not stutter while talking.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)