A Shadow Looms — IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: A Shadow Looms IC

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Emerging from his felid form, Leonidas wears a smile upon his face. Unsheathing the newly-claimed bastard sword, he kneels before his companions and playfully remarks, "Your blade, your majesties." Picking himself off the ground, he adds, "I've also got some bags of nails and a sheet of chainmail. We'll have to come back for the smith's tools, but they're not getting up and moving any time soon." Then again, we thought the same about corpses...

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Weasel perks up, his eyes bright. "Nice job, mate. Looks like you'll be puttin' ol' Smock 'n I out of a job, what with you nickin' everything like a cat."

Redros shakes his head at the offering of the bastard sword, and Guthrik shrugs, gesturing to his heavy walking staff. "Got this far with it. Besides, I've never swung a sword before, either."

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by FinalTemplar »

Aurelius chooses not to ask for it. He's barely proven his worth yet, and besides, he's pretty happy with his current weapon. He looks at the others. "So, where to next?" He asks.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Looking around and seeing that the newcomers to the group seem properly armed already, Marcus takes the sword. He looks it over and shrugs for a moment, saying, "well it's better than a simple club, that's for sure. Thanks for grabbing that all, we can definitely make use of that." With that he places the sword on his back, figuring he will need to practice a bit more with it before he is comfortable using one again.

Turning to Aurelius, he says, "now we should head back, before our luck turns. We can get you three acquainted with the others and make plans for where to go from here." And hopefully find something useful for them to do.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Take Bastard Sword, but leave club equipped for now since I am not proficient.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Gesturing the man forward, Leonidas replies, "Lead the way, then. The sooner we get to safety, the better." And the sooner I can get some real food in me. I'm starved!

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

With the salvage from the smith in tow, the eight of you make your way westward along the avenue toward the Gilded Mare. You travel in silence or hushed whispers, having spotted the occasional lurking creature in alleyways. Due to the size of your group, it is slow going — creeping along at about half the pace that Marcus and the other survivors had made on the way out.

About halfway back to the Gilded Mare, you hear shrill cries, shrieks, and shouting ahead. Outside a large storehouse on the southern side of the road, a group of six people have formed a semi-circle, defending themselves against a large pack of walkers that are bearing down on them. The people are outfitted with what appears to be light to medium armor of various origins. They wield an array of formidable weapons — some makeshift but not all.

The survivors seem to be handling their own despite being outnumbered. You don't seem to be spotted yet.

The Who and Where
[SHOW]

Calepha Avenue — Mid-city

Marcus
Varon
Einkill
Aurelius
Leonidas
Guthrik
Redros
Weasel

Calepha Avenue — Western Plaza — The Gilded Mare i[/i]

Burtin
Drozga
Smock
Rorsi
Jozanta
Bessia
Matilda
Mahren
Liviana
Cassia
Athena
Tobias
Presius
Bastia
Isdren
Elene
Tomas

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Aurelius heard the noise and had to use all of his restraint to stop himself from charging towards the villagers. He spoke quietly; "We must help them."

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Aye," Marcus responds, as Aurelius makes his intentions known. More bodies for the cause, if they live. More gear if not. Either way, a nice find. Hopefully they are not affiliated with that group of assholes who tried to kill us, he thinks, growing somewhat annoyed as he remembers the people they'd encountered prior. He grabs the club he'd been using in lieu of the new sword, not yet confident in his abilities with it.

benderfan
Registered for: 4 years 9 months

Post by benderfan »

Einkill doesn't hesitate for a moment. He pulls out his warhammer and says "Agreed. There's no time to waste."

BartNL
Swampperson Prime
Registered for: 5 years 1 month

Post by BartNL »

Is it really wise to help? Varon wonders. Since the group appears to be unanimous in favour of helping, he unsheathes his blades, ready to make a move.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

OOC
[SHOW]

If you're going to join the fight, roll initiative.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Must help? Hardly. Should help? Also no. But maybe they've got nice stuff we can swipe, Leonidas thinks, shaking his head as his companions make up their minds. He draws his own daggers, ready to pounce in. Then again, perhaps a dashing, young hero can win the heart of a gorgeous damsel. Or stick to the rear and stay alive.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Init: 20(1d20) +6 = 26

well okay then

BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Initiative: 19(1d20) +5 = 24
Can't beat Scratch, but still pretty okay.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Initiative: 14(1d20) +7 = 21

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

OOC
[SHOW]

Y'all cool with this marching order?

benderfan

Post by benderfan »

OOC
[SHOW]

Intiative Roll: 6(1d20) +1 = 7

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Initiative: 4

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Marcus Aemilianus

Male Human Blackguard 3
Languages: Brenissian, Common
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 185 lbs.

Speed: 5
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 11
Passive Insight: 11
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 21
Fort: 17
Reflex: 16
Will: 16
HP: 41/41
Bloodied: 20
Surge Value: 10
Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 1

MBA (Valiant Srike):

• with club, +7 vs AC, 1d6+4 damage
  • with dagger, +8 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage
  • for both, I gain an additional +1 to attack for each adjacent enemy and deal +3 damage to enemies granting CA
    RBA: +1 vs AC (+5 with dagger), 1d4+1 damage (+3 more with CA)

Resistances: None

Vulnerabilities: None

Saves: None

Active Effects:

• +3 damage when I have CA
  • +1 stealth from footpads
  • all allies get +1 shield bonus to AC

Powers:

Focused Discipline
Valiant Strike
Vengeance Strike
Dominator's Strike

Second Wind []
Dread Smite [][]*
Shroud of Shadow []
Vice's Reward [_]

• Can only use once per turn

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Dark Menace: Whenever I make a weapon attack against an enemy granting me CA, the enemy takes extra damage equal to my charisma modifier (+3)

Spirit of Vice (Domination): Once per round when I have THP, I can take a free action to do damage to myself right before making an attack roll against a target. The damage is equal to my charisma modifier (+3), and I can then gain an attack bonus to that attack equal to the same amount.

Power of Skill: +1 to untrained skill checks, and I can use Valiant Strike as an MBA.

Power of the Storm: +2 to intimidate checks. When I use Valiant Strike, I can choose to change its damage type to thunder (the power gains the thunder keyword and loses the keyword of its former damage types). If I do this, I gain a +2 bonus to the damage roll.

Devout Protector Expertise: I gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls made with a one-handed melee weapon, and a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls made with a holy symbol. While I use a shield, my allies gain a +1 shield bonus to AC.

Mark of Storm: Slide enemies 1 square when hitting with lightning or thunder powers. +1 to fly speed. Can master and perform certain rituals.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1: Round 1

As you approach from around the corner, you can see the surrounded individuals more clearly. They appear to be defending themselves capably for now, the semi-circular formation allowing them to fend off the attacking dead.

Behind them the doors to the warehouse are ajar, a possible retreat already in place.

Go: Leonidas, Varon, Redros, Aurelius

Mechanics
[SHOW]

No yet.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Carts: Impassable terrain.

Stairs: Normal terrain.

Buildings: Scalable, but require DC 15 Athletics check per story.

Character Info
[SHOW]

Survivor 1: Pock-faced man with sandy, tangled hair, wearing leather armor and carrying a savage-looking club.

Survivors 2: Gaunt man with a close-cropped beard, wearing intricate leather armor and carrying a rapier or a cutlass of some type.

Survivor 3: A young, umber-skinned woman with shoulder-length hair, wearing a long, expensive-looking duster and wielding a thin, metal rod taller than she.

Survivor 4: An aged, grey-haired orc with pale green skin, wearing scale armor and carrying a gladius.

Survivor 5: A tall blond-haired young woman, wearing traveling clothes and holding a thin dagger.

Survivor 6: A middle-aged elvish woman with long brown hair, wearing leather armor and carrying a short spear.

Zombie Peasant: These creatures are what most of you have seen already. Tattered clothing covers their bodies and their skin looks a ghastly green or pale beige tone, some of it sloughing off. They are in various stages of decomposition — some look like fresh corpses, while others look long-dead. Their faces are locked in a nasty snarl with their lips bared to show their stained and decayed teeth, and they lurch forward with slow, rigid steps with their thrashing arms reaching forward.

Zombie Brawler: These look similar to the other walkers you've seen with tattered clothing, decayed skin, and rotting joints, but are a good amount larger. They could have possibly been a warrior, sailor, or other laborer in life, but their disgusting disposition leaves you wondering which.

Status
[SHOW]

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Aurelius decides to take action rather than stand around. He runs out into the fray, charging at the first zombie he laid his eyes on. "Hey, bonehead!" He shouts to try and draw their attention away from the villagers.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Free: Draw sword.
Move: Move to AA-75.
Standard action: Charge to AA-60 targeting Zombie peasant 8.
MBA: Whirlwind Charge: 9(1d20) +11 = 20; 19(2d12) +5 = 24

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Aurelius

Male Githzerai (Human) Avenger 3
Languages: Common, Brennisian
Height: 6'3
Weight: 190 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +7
Passive Perception: 24
Passive Insight: 16

AC: 18
Fort: 12
Will: 17
HP: 36/36
Bloodied: 18
Surge Value: 9
Surges left: 6/6

MBA - Fullblade: +6 vs AC, 1d12+3 damage
MBA - Overwhelming Strike: +11 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage
MBA - Unarmed: +8 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
+2 Racial Bonus vs daze, dominate, or stun.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

At-Will -
Bull Rush Attack,
Grab Attack,
Opportunity Attack,
Bond of Pursuit,
Overwhelming Strike,

Item At-Will - N/A

Encounter [] -
Second Wind [],
Guardian's Counter [],
Iron Mind [],
Oath of Enmity [],
Whirlwind Charge [],
Abjure Undead [],
Divine Guidance [],
Intervening Blades [_],

Item Encounter [_] - N/A

Daily [] -
Aspect of Might [],

Item Daily [_] - N/A

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Racial Features: Githzeryai
Iron Mind - +Iron Mind Power
Danger Sense - +2 to Initiative
Defended Mind - +2 to saving throws against daze, dominate, and stun.
Shifting Fortunes - Shift 3 sq. when you use second wind.
Class Features: Avenger
Armor of Faith - Gain +3 to AC while wearing cloth armor or less and no shield.
Avenger's Censure - Gain an Avenger's Censure Power
Censure of Pursuit - Deal 2+ Dex mod extra damage if oath target moves away. (4 + Dex at 11th level, 6 + Dex at 21st.)
Channel Divinity - Invoke a channel divinity class feature or other power; encounter.
Oath of Enmity - Gain the oath of Enmity Power.

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit - At Will - +11 (Wis) vs AC. On a hit, deal 1[W]+Wisdom (+8) damage. If the target doesn't end its next turn adjacent to you, you can shift a number of squares equal to 1+Dex Mod (+4) as a free action, and you must end that shift closer to the target. (Level 21: 2[W] + Wisdom (+5) damage).

Overwhelming Strike - At Will - +11 (Wis) vs AC. On Hit: 1[W]+Wis (+5) damage. You shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space I occupied. SPECIAL: This attack can be used as a basic attack. (Feat: Power of Skill) (Level 21: 2[W]+Wis (+5) damage).

Guardian's Counter - Immediate Interrupt - Range: Close Burst 2 - Trigger: An ally within 2 squares of me is hit by an attack and I'm not included in the attack. Effect: Both myself and my ally shift 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. I become the target of the triggering attack in place of the ally. After the attack resolves, I make a basic attack against the attacker.

Iron Mind - Immediate Interrupt - Trigger: Hit by an attack. Effect: You gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.

Oath of Enmity - Minor Action - Range: Close Burst 10 - Target: One enemy I can see within burst - Effect: When I make a melee attack against the target and it's the only one near me, make two attack rolls and take either result. Lasts until the end of the encounter or the enemy drops to 0 at which point I regain use of the power. Other powers that allow me to roll twice and use the higher result take priority over this and cause OoE to have no effect. HOWEVER: If an attack lets me reroll an attack roll and I rolled twice because of OoE, reroll both dice.

Whirlwind Charge - Standard Action - Melee Range - Target: One Creature - +11 vs AC - Hit: 2[W] + Wisdom (+5) damage. Special: When charging, can use this power in the place of a basic attack. If I charge, I gain +4 bonus to AC against any Opportunity Attacks I provoke while moving to the target.

Abjure Undead - Standard Action - Close Burst 5 - One undead creature in burst - +7 vs WILL - UNIQUE: CHAN.DIVIN - Hit: 3d10+WIS (+5) Radiant damage, and you pull the target a number of squares equal to 1 + WIS mod (+5). The target is also immobilized untilthe end of your next turn. Miss: Half damage, and pull target 1 square (Damage increase at levels 5, 11, 15, 21, 25).

Divine Guidance - Immediate Interrupt - Close Burst 10 - The triggering Ally - UNIQUE: CHAN.DIVIN - Trigger: An ally within 10 squares of me makes an attack roll against my Oath target. Effect: Target rolls twice and uses either result.

Intervening Blades - Attack: 11 vs AC - Hit: 2[W] + Wisdom (+5) damage, and target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn. Censure of Pursuit: Can use this power as an Opportunity Attack against my Oath of Enmity target.

Aspect of Might - Standard Action - Melee Range - One Creature - Attack: Wisdom vs. AC. Hit: 3[W]+Wisdom (+5) damage. Miss: Half damage. Effect: Until EOE, gain +5 to Athletics, +2 to Speed, +2 to damage of Melee Attacks.

Items: None

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Varon follows closely behind Aurelius as they charge into the monsters flank. While he stabs his chose foe in the neck, Varon shouts:"DIE FIEND!"

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Varon moves to X-64 and charges to AC-58 taking a opportunity attack from zombie peasant 8 if it is still unlife. Varon attacks zombie brawler 4 with his charge. 20(1d20) +11 = 31 Doing max damage 1d7+7=13 or 14 if Varon had CA. Varon also uses Combat Challenge to mark Zombie Brawler 4

Combat Block Format
[SHOW]

Varon

Male Human [Half-Orc] Fighter level 3
Languages: Brennisian, Common
Height: 6"1
Weight: 200 lbs.

Speed: 6 (+2 when charging)
Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 17
Passive Insight: 12
Senses: Low-Light Vision

AC: 19
Will: 12
Surges left: 11/11

MBA: +10 vs AC, 1d6+7 damage
RBA: + 9 vs AC, 1d4+5 damage
Resistances:
None

Vulnerabilities:
None
Saves:
Active Effects:
None

Powers:

At-Will
Tide of Iron
Dual Strike
Combat Agility
Combat Challenge

Item At-Will

Encounter Funneling Flurry[]
Rain of Blows[]
Guardians Counter[]
Furious Assault[]
Second Wind []
Action Point []

Item Encounter [_]

Daily Tempest Dance[]
Boundless Endurance[]

Item Daily [_]

Consumables:

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Combat Challenge: +1 opportunity attack. An enemy struck by your opportunity attack stops moving, if a move provoked the attack. If it still has actions remaining, it can use them to resume moving.
Combat Agility:
Two-Weapon Defense: while holding a melee weapon in each hand, you gain a +1 shield bonus to AC and Reflex.
Tempest Technique: +1 atk with offhand weapon, while wearing light armor or chainmail gain +1 damage with melee or close weapons or +2 with offhand weapons.
Half-orc Resilience: The first time you are bloodied during an encounter, gain 5 temporary hit points.
Midnight Blade Student: Can use Dual strike against Reflex instead of AC with a melee light blade
Light Blade expertise +1 dmg with light blades if you have CA

Last edited by BartNL on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Leonidas shakes his head as the two men go charging forward. History remembers heroes, not fools. Let's see what we end up being. Soon after, he trails behind Varon, setting his sights on the imposing walker his companion struck. With the creature occupied with Varon, Leo finds it trivially easy to plunge his dagger into the rotten flesh.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Walk to AB65

Standard: CHARGE! to AD60 & MBA Brawler 4
Attack (w/ First Strike CA): 19(1d20) +10 = 29 +1 that I forgot = 30 vs AC = Hit
Damage (w/ Sneak Attack): 1(1d4) +3 +7(2d8) = 11

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Leo Calvus

Male Hengeyokai Rogue 3
Languages: Brennisian, Gleiosian
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 160 lbs.

Speed: 7
Climb Speed (as cat): 7
Initiative: +6
Senses: Low-light Vision

Reflex: 18
Will: 14
HP: 34/34
Bloodied: 17
Surge Value: 8
Surges left: 7/7

MBA: +8 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage (+2d8 once per turn w/ Sneak Attack; +1 to attack & damage with CA)
RBA: +12 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage (+2d8 once per turn w/ Sneak Attack; +1 to attack & damage with CA)

Saves:
+2 vs immobilized, restrained, & slowed

Active Effects:
+2 to escape grabs
+5 to bluff vs insight to hide my true nature

Powers:

Sky Flourish
Piercing Strike
Nature's Mask

Second Wind []
Low Blow []
Dazing Strike []
Slow Slash []
Sneak in the Attack [_]

Spinning Blade Leap [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class

First Strike: At the start of an encounter, you have combat advantage against any creatures that have not yet acted in that encounter.

Artful Dodger: You gain a bonus to AC equal to your Charisma modifier (+3) against opportunity attacks.

Rogue Weapon Talent: When you wield a shuriken, your weapon damage die increases by one size. When you wield a dagger, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls.

Sneak Attack: When you make an attack with a light blade, a hand crossbow, a shortbow, or a sling and hit an enemy granting a combat advantage to you, that enemy takes extra damage based on your level. You can deal with extra damage only once per turn.

Racial

Beast Nature: You are considered both a magical beast and a humanoid for the purpose of effects that relate to creature type.

Elusive: You have a +2 racial bonus to checks made to escape a grab and to saving throws against effects that immobilize, restrain, or slow you.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Language of Beasts: While you are in animal form, you can communicate with felines. In human form, you can understand them but cannot directly communicate with them.

Shapechanger: You are subject to effects and conditions that affect shapechangers.

Theme

Son of Alagondar: While you flank an enemy, your allies gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls against that enemy.

Feats

Light Blade Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a light blade. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls of weapon attacks that you make with a light blade against creatures granting combat advantage to you. Both of these bonuses increase to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Backstabber: The extra damage dice from your Sneak Attack class feature increase from d6s to d8s.

Nimble Blade: When you attack with a light blade and you have combat advantage, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1: Round 1

Aurelius, Varon, Leonidas, Weasel, and Guthrik tear forward to cut a hard flank on the approaching dead. Together, you manage to strike down one of the hulking creatures, and almost cut down another.

The survivors notice your presence just as the wave of dead crash down upon them. A few claws manage to break through gaps in armor, but these survivors slash and stab and bash at their enemies, holding the line.

The armored orc shouts something unheard over the din of blades and falling bodies.

Go: Einkill, Marcus

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Aurelius: moves, charges, kills.

Varon: moves, charges, crits, marks.

Leonidas: moves, charges, hits and bloodies.

Redros: moves, throws dagger, kills ZB4.

Survivor 1: moves, misses 17 vs AC on ZB1.

Zombie Brawler 1: hits Survivor 1, 24 vs AC for 13 damage.

Zombie Brawler 2: moves, moves.

Zombie Brawler 3: moves, misses Survivor 2, 16 vs AC.

Survivor 5: shifts, hits ZP10, 18 vs AC for 7 damage.

Survivor 6: misses ZP10, 10 vs AC, shifts.

Zombie Peasant 1: moves, hits Survivor 1, 18 vs AC for 9 damage, bloodying him.

Zombie Peasant 2: moves, moves.

Zombie Peasant 3: moves, crits Survivor 3 for 10 damage.

Zombie Peasant 4: moves, crits Aurelius for 10 damage.

Guthrik: moves, charges ZP4, hits 24 vs AC for 5 damage.

Survivor 2: shifts, hits ZP3, 17 vs AC for 11 damage, bloodying it.

Weasel: moves, charges ZP4, hits 16 vs AC for 8 damage, bloodying it.

Survivor 3: hits ZP3, 22 vs AC for 4 damage, killing it.

Zombie Peasant 9: misses Varon, 17 vs AC.

Zombie Peasant 10: hits Survivor 5, 18 vs AC for 10 damage.

Zombie Peasant 11: shifts, crit-misses Survivor 6.

Zombie Peasant 12: moves, crit-misses Survivor 4.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

Survivor 1: Pock-faced man with sandy, tangled hair, wearing leather armor and carrying a savage-looking club.

Survivors 2: Gaunt man with a close-cropped beard, wearing intricate leather armor and carrying a rapier or a cutlass of some type.

Survivor 3: A young, umber-skinned woman with shoulder-length hair, wearing a long, expensive-looking duster and wielding a thin, metal rod taller than she.

Survivor 4: An aged, grey-haired orc with pale green skin, wearing scale armor and carrying a gladius.

Survivor 5: A tall blond-haired young woman, wearing traveling clothes and holding a thin dagger.

Survivor 6: A middle-aged elvish woman with long brown hair, wearing leather armor and carrying a short spear.

Zombie Peasant: These creatures are what most of you have seen already. Tattered clothing covers their bodies and their skin looks a ghastly green or pale beige tone, some of it sloughing off. They are in various stages of decomposition — some look like fresh corpses, while others look long-dead. Their faces are locked in a nasty snarl with their lips bared to show their stained and decayed teeth, and they lurch forward with slow, rigid steps with their thrashing arms reaching forward.

Zombie Brawler: These look similar to the other walkers you've seen with tattered clothing, decayed skin, and rotting joints, but are a good amount larger. They could have possibly been a warrior, sailor, or other laborer in life, but their disgusting disposition leaves you wondering which.

Status
[SHOW]

benderfan

Post by benderfan »

Einkill charges into battle. "Don't panic! We've come to assist!" He then draws his throwing hammer, and chucks it at the nearest zombie.

I certainly hope we can save these people. There has been enough death and tragedy in this town as is.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move Action: Move to AB64

Minor Action: Draw my Throwing Hammer

Standard Action: Make an RBA against Zombie Peasent 4
Attack: 1(1d20) +8 -2 = 7
Damage: 6(1d6) +7 = 13

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Watching as the others rush forward, Marcus follows suit. However, his inexperience in his own armor after years of a more sedentary lifestyle causes him to stumble as he rushes forward, his swing coming nowhere near the creature. "Dammit," he says under his breath.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Focused Discipline: Offense
Effect: +1 to MBAs until SONT

Move Action: move to (Z, 65)

Standard Action: Charge > Valiant Strike to (X, 60) on Zombie Peasant 7
Attack: 13 vs AC = critical miss...

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Marcus Aemilianus

Male Human Blackguard 3

MBA (Valiant Srike):

• with club, +9 vs AC, 1d6+5 damage
  • with dagger, +10 vs AC, 1d4+5 damage
  • for both, I gain an additional +1 to attack for each adjacent enemy and deal +3 damage to enemies granting CA
  • I will usually be using my feat ability to change damage type to thunder, which provides +2 damage and activates my sliding from mark of storm
    RBA: +3 vs AC (+7 with dagger), 1d4+2 damage (+3 more with CA)

Active Effects:

Powers:

Focused Discipline
Valiant Strike
Vengeance Strike
Dominator's Strike

Second Wind []
Dread Smite [][]*
Shroud of Shadow []
Vice's Reward [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Dark Menace: Whenever I make a weapon attack against an enemy granting me CA, the enemy takes extra damage equal to my charisma modifier (+3)

Spirit of Vice (Domination): Once per round when I have THP, I can take a free action to do damage to myself right before making an attack roll against a target. The damage is equal to my charisma modifier (+3), and I can then gain an attack bonus to that attack equal to the same amount.

Power of Skill: +1 to untrained skill checks, and I can use Valiant Strike as an MBA.

Power of the Storm: +2 to intimidate checks. When I use Valiant Strike, I can choose to change its damage type to thunder (the power gains the thunder keyword and loses the keyword of its former damage types). If I do this, I gain a +2 bonus to the damage roll.

Devout Protector Expertise: I gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls made with a one-handed melee weapon, and a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls made with a holy symbol. While I use a shield, my allies gain a +1 shield bonus to AC.

Mark of Storm: Slide enemies 1 square when hitting with lightning or thunder powers. +1 to fly speed. Can master and perform certain rituals.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1: Round 2

Marcus and Einkill move in, unable to land blows amidst the fray of limbs and weapons. Meanwhile, the armored orc lands a solid strike on one of the creatures.

A throng of walkers who were lagging behind manage to catch up, tearing viciously at Marcus and Aurelius, though the two men are able to fend off the fetid swipes through thick armored and superior tactics.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Einkill: moves, crit-misses.

Marcus: moves, charges, crit-misses.

Survivor 4: hits ZP11, 16 vs AC for 7 damage.

Zombie Peasant 5: moves, misses Aurelius, 16 vs AC.

Zombie Peasant 6: moves, misses Marcus, 15 vs AC.

Zombie Peasant 7: moves, misses Marcus, 18 vs AC.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With the hulking zombie slumped over, Leonidas sets his sights on the nearest shambler attacking the unknown survivors. Skulking over, he remarks, "Lovely day for a fight, isn't it, my dears?" A smirk on his face, he plunges his blade into the creature's back and watches it fall.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Walk to AC55

Standard: Sky Flourish on ZP10
Attack: 7(1d20) +15 = 22 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 2(1d4) +5(2d8) +10 = 17
was this really necessary, grom?

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Leo Calvus

Male Hengeyokai Rogue 3

MBA: +8 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage (+2d8 once per turn w/ Sneak Attack; +1 to attack & damage with CA)
RBA: +12 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage (+2d8 once per turn w/ Sneak Attack; +1 to attack & damage with CA)

Saves:

Active Effects:
+2 to escape grabs

Powers:

Sky Flourish
Piercing Strike
Nature's Mask

Second Wind []
Low Blow []
Dazing Strike []
Slow Slash []
Sneak in the Attack [_]

Spinning Blade Leap [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class

First Strike: At the start of an encounter, you have combat advantage against any creatures that have not yet acted in that encounter.

Artful Dodger: You gain a bonus to AC equal to your Charisma modifier (+3) against opportunity attacks.

Rogue Weapon Talent: When you wield a shuriken, your weapon damage die increases by one size. When you wield a dagger, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls.

Sneak Attack: When you make an attack with a light blade, a hand crossbow, a shortbow, or a sling and hit an enemy granting a combat advantage to you, that enemy takes extra damage based on your level. You can deal with extra damage only once per turn.

Racial

Beast Nature: You are considered both a magical beast and a humanoid for the purpose of effects that relate to creature type.

Elusive: You have a +2 racial bonus to checks made to escape a grab and to saving throws against effects that immobilize, restrain, or slow you.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Language of Beasts: While you are in animal form, you can communicate with felines. In human form, you can understand them but cannot directly communicate with them.

Shapechanger: You are subject to effects and conditions that affect shapechangers.

Theme

Son of Alagondar: While you flank an enemy, your allies gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls against that enemy.

Feats

Light Blade Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a light blade. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls of weapon attacks that you make with a light blade against creatures granting combat advantage to you. Both of these bonuses increase to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Backstabber: The extra damage dice from your Sneak Attack class feature increase from d6s to d8s.

Nimble Blade: When you attack with a light blade and you have combat advantage, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls.

BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"We need to push forward." Varon shouts. Varon then steps between two of the monsters and stabs one in the back while swiftly jabbing his other sword at the second foe.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Varon shifts to AB-58 and uses dual strike against zombie peasent 5 and 9 12(1d20) +11 = 23; 2(1d20) +11 = 13
Varon targets reflex. Zombie peasent 5 grants CA; so it would be 25 vs. reflex.
4(1d6) +4 = 8; 3(1d6) +3 = 6 Varon marks both targets with combat challenge

Combat Block Format
[SHOW]

Varon

Resistances:
None

Vulnerabilities:
None
Saves:
Active Effects:
None

Powers:

At-Will
Tide of Iron
Dual Strike
Combat Agility
Combat Challenge

Item At-Will

Rain of Blows[]
Guardians Counter[]
Furious Assault[]
Second Wind []
Action Point []

Item Encounter [_]

Daily Tempest Dance[]
Boundless Endurance[]

Item Daily [_]

Consumables:

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Combat Challenge: +1 opportunity attack. An enemy struck by your opportunity attack stops moving, if a move provoked the attack. If it still has actions remaining, it can use them to resume moving.
Combat Agility:
Two-Weapon Defense: while holding a melee weapon in each hand, you gain a +1 shield bonus to AC and Reflex.
Tempest Technique: +1 atk with offhand weapon, while wearing light armor or chainmail gain +1 damage with melee or close weapons or +2 with offhand weapons.
Half-orc Resilience: The first time you are bloodied during an encounter, gain 5 temporary hit points.
Midnight Blade Student: Can use Dual strike against Reflex instead of AC with a melee light blade

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Aurelius smiles as he drops the first zombie, then quickly has to dodge out of the way of a second. "I've been looking forward to this!" He then shifts his weight to swing again, attempting to kill the second zombie. He uses the momentum of his swing to run forward to try and get through to the villagers.

mechanics
[SHOW]

Standard: Aspect of Might (attack Zombie 5):16(1d20) +11 = 27; 28(3d12) +8 = 36. Gain +5 to Athletics checks, +2 bonus to Speed, and a +2 bonus to damage with melee attacks until the End of the Encounter.
Move: AA60 -> AA52 (if my attack kills)

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Aurelius

Speed: 6 (8)

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

At-Will -
Bull Rush Attack,
Grab Attack,
Opportunity Attack,
Bond of Pursuit,
Overwhelming Strike,

Item At-Will - N/A

Encounter [] -
Second Wind [],
Guardian's Counter [],
Iron Mind [],
Oath of Enmity [],
Whirlwind Charge [],
Abjure Undead [],
Divine Guidance [],
Intervening Blades [_],

Item Encounter [_] - N/A

Daily [] -
Aspect of Might [],

Item Daily [_] - N/A

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Censure of Pursuit - Deal 2+ Dex mod extra damage if oath target moves away. (4 + Dex at 11th level, 6 + Dex at 21st.)
Channel Divinity - Invoke a channel divinity class feature or other power; encounter.

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit - At Will - +11 (Wis) vs AC. On a hit, deal 1[W]+Wisdom (+8) damage. If the target doesn't end its next turn adjacent to you, you can shift a number of squares equal to 1+Dex Mod (+4) as a free action, and you must end that shift closer to the target. (Level 21: 2[W] + Wisdom (+5) damage).

Overwhelming Strike - At Will - +11 (Wis) vs AC. On Hit: 1[W]+Wis (+5) damage. You shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space I occupied. SPECIAL: This attack can be used as a basic attack. (Feat: Power of Skill) (Level 21: 2[W]+Wis (+5) damage).

Guardian's Counter - Immediate Interrupt - Range: Close Burst 2 - Trigger: An ally within 2 squares of me is hit by an attack and I'm not included in the attack. Effect: Both myself and my ally shift 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. I become the target of the triggering attack in place of the ally. After the attack resolves, I make a basic attack against the attacker.

Iron Mind - Immediate Interrupt - Trigger: Hit by an attack. Effect: You gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.

Oath of Enmity - Minor Action - Range: Close Burst 10 - Target: One enemy I can see within burst - Effect: When I make a melee attack against the target and it's the only one near me, make two attack rolls and take either result. Lasts until the end of the encounter or the enemy drops to 0 at which point I regain use of the power. Other powers that allow me to roll twice and use the higher result take priority over this and cause OoE to have no effect. HOWEVER: If an attack lets me reroll an attack roll and I rolled twice because of OoE, reroll both dice.

Whirlwind Charge - Standard Action - Melee Range - Target: One Creature - +11 vs AC - Hit: 2[W] + Wisdom (+5) damage. Special: When charging, can use this power in the place of a basic attack. If I charge, I gain +4 bonus to AC against any Opportunity Attacks I provoke while moving to the target.Used

Abjure Undead - Standard Action - Close Burst 5 - One undead creature in burst - +7 vs WILL - UNIQUE: CHAN.DIVIN - Hit: 3d10+WIS (+5) Radiant damage, and you pull the target a number of squares equal to 1 + WIS mod (+5). The target is also immobilized untilthe end of your next turn. Miss: Half damage, and pull target 1 square (Damage increase at levels 5, 11, 15, 21, 25).

Divine Guidance - Immediate Interrupt - Close Burst 10 - The triggering Ally - UNIQUE: CHAN.DIVIN - Trigger: An ally within 10 squares of me makes an attack roll against my Oath target. Effect: Target rolls twice and uses either result.

Intervening Blades - Attack: 11 vs AC - Hit: 2[W] + Wisdom (+5) damage, and target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn. Censure of Pursuit: Can use this power as an Opportunity Attack against my Oath of Enmity target.

Aspect of Might - Standard Action - Melee Range - One Creature - Attack: Wisdom vs. AC. Hit: 3[W]+Wisdom (+5) damage. Miss: Half damage. Effect: Until EOE, gain +5 to Athletics, +2 to Speed, +2 to damage of Melee Attacks.used

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1: Round 2

As the eight of you advance into the fray entirely, the wave of dead batter down on the six strangers with great force. Their semi-circle is in danger of breaking, and they tighten their formation in reactive defense.

The young woman nearest Leonidas brandishes a dagger toward him before dashing over to aid her ally, stabbing cleanly at the zombie. "Stay away, gutter-rat!" she shouts at you, her attention split between yourselves and the creatures.

A few more of the creatures fall to your efforts, their groans and thrashing coming to immediate ends as they slap against the cobblestones of the avenue.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Leonidas: moves, hits and kills.

Varon: hits and bloodies, misses, marks x2.

Aurelius: hits and kills, buffs, moves...

-Zombie Peasant 4: takes OA, misses 11 vs AC...

-Zombie Peasant 9: takes OA...

--Varon: Combat Challenge against ZP9, hits AC 22 for 10 damage, bloodying it...

-Zombie Peasant 9: finishes OA, misses 9 vs AC...

-Aurelius: finishes move.

Redros: moves, charges ZP6, misses 10 vs AC.

Survivor 1: crits ZP1 for 10 damage, shifts.

Zombie Brawler 1: shifts, hits Survivor 3, 26 vs AC for 7 damage, bloodying her.

Zombie Brawler 2: shifts, hits Survivor 3, 28 vs AC for 6 damage.

Zombie Brawler 3: shifts, hits Survivor 2, 26 vs AC for 9 damage.

Survivor 5: shifts, hits ZP11, 24 vs AC for 7 damage, bloodying it.

Survivor 6: misses ZP11, 14 vs AC, shifts.

Zombie Peasant 1: shifts, crits Survivor 1 for 10 damage.

Zombie Peasant 2: hits Survivor 2, 21 vs AC for 7 damage.

Zombie Peasant 4: misses Guthrik, 17 vs AC.

Guthrik: misses ZP4, 13 vs AC.

Survivor 2: hits ZB2, 28 vs AC for 5 damage, shifts.

Weasel: hits ZP4, 21 vs Reflex for 7 damage, killing it.

Survivor 3: shifts, misses ZB2, 12 vs AC.

Zombie Peasant 9: crits Varon for 10 damage.

Zombie Peasant 11: misses Survivor 4, 14 vs AC.

Zombie Peasant 12: misses Survivor 4, 12 vs AC.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"We are not your enemy, woman!" Marcus shouts to the survivor brandishing a weapon towards the cat man. Do they not know aid when they see it? Are they so accustomed to these corpses that they cannot tell the living apart?

He attempts to swing at the creature near him again, but his distraction as he speaks causes him to miss once again. "By Aradamus..." he mutters, growing increasingly frustrated

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Focused Discipline: Tactics

Minor Action: Shroud of Shadow
Effect: I gain 5 THP, and also gain partial concealment (enemies take -2 to hit me) until my EONT

Standard Action: Valiant Strike on Zombie Peasant 7
Free Action: Dark Menace Feature to take 3 damage and boost damage roll by 3
Attack: 12 vs AC = critical miss... again...

Move Action: shift to (Y, 59)

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Marcus Aemilianus

Male Human Blackguard 3

HP: 41+2/41

MBA (Valiant Srike):

• I will usually be using my feat ability to change damage type to thunder, which provides +2 damage and activates my sliding from mark of storm

Active Effects:

Powers:

Focused Discipline
Valiant Strike
Vengeance Strike
Dominator's Strike

Second Wind []
Dread Smite [][]*
Shroud of Shadow [X]
Vice's Reward []

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Spirit of Vice (Domination): Once per round when I have THP, I can take a free action to do damage to myself right before making an attack roll against a target. The damage is equal to my charisma modifier (+3), and I can then gain a damage bonus to that attack equal to the same amount.

benderfan

Post by benderfan »

Einkill tries to get closer to the battle, frustrated by his naturally stubby legs.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move and Standard: Moving to AB56

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1: Round 3

Marcus and Einkill push further into the violence, each of them raked across by fetid, groping claws of the creatures.

The armored orc looks over his allies, mouth set in a determined frown. "Hold the damned line against this rotting filth or I'll cut you down myself!" He slices clean through one of the zombies with a broad swing before repositioning.

Taking notice of Aurelius and Leonidas approaching, the orc grits his teeth. "Fuck off, scavvers. You don't want this fight."

You begin to hear the echoes of groans and shrieks coming from your north and south. "More," Weasel says, pointing toward the alleys. "We need'a split!"

"Or finish what we started," Guthrik grunts, gripping his walking stick.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Marcus: buffs, grants THP, suffers 3 damage, crit-misses, shifts.

Einkill: moves, moves...

Zombie Peasant 9: takes OA on Einkill...

— — Varon: Combat Challenge on Zombie Peasant 9, misses AC 13...

Zombie Peasant 9: OA hits Einkill, 17 vs AC for 7 damage...

Einkill: finishes move.

Survivor 4: Commanding Shout, grants all allies 10 THP, hits ZP11, 16 vs AC for 13 damage and killing it, shifts.

Zombie Peasant 6: hits Redros, 18 vs AC for 7 damage.

Zombie Peasant 7: crits Marcus for 10 damage.

End of Round — shrieks and groans begin to echo from the north and south

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Gutter-rat? Scavver? The dead come alive and suddenly all civility is thrown out," Leonidas says, somewhat offended at the rudeness of the survivors. Maybe we should just leave them for dead. They certainly don't appreciate our helping.

Scampering in, Leonidas unleashes a flurry of slashes at the hulking walker nearest to him, though some of his swipes fail to pierce the rotting muscle. Looking at the armored orc, he says, "You'd do well to not turn away help. Unless you care to join the enemy."

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Standard: Spinning Blade Leap on Brawler 3
Shift to AA50
Attack: 7(1d20) +15 = 22 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 2(2d4) +10(2d8) +7 = 19

No Action: Low Blow triggered by melee hit. Brawler 3 is dazed until end of my next turn

Minor: Low Slash on Brawler 3
Attack: 1(1d20) +15 = 16 vs Ref = thanks, roller

Move: Shift to AB51

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Leo Calvus

Male Hengeyokai Rogue 3

Saves:

Active Effects:
+2 to escape grabs

Powers:

Sky Flourish
Piercing Strike
Nature's Mask

Second Wind []
Low Blow [X]
Dazing Strike []
Low Slash [X]
Sneak in the Attack [_]

Spinning Blade Leap [X]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class

Racial

Theme

Feats

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Aurelius ignores the hateful tones of the civilians. "We are here to help you!" He says and runs between the two nearest zombies.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move to AB50
Overwhelming Strike on Zombie Peasant 12 vs AC 10(1d20) +11 = 21; 1(1d12) +8 = 9
Shift Z.Peasant to AC51, Aurelius shifts into AC50.

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Aurelius

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

At-Will -
Bull Rush Attack,
Grab Attack,
Opportunity Attack,
Bond of Pursuit,
Overwhelming Strike,

Item At-Will - N/A

Encounter [] -
Second Wind [],
Guardian's Counter [],
Iron Mind [],
Oath of Enmity [],
Whirlwind Charge [],
Abjure Undead [],
Divine Guidance [],
Intervening Blades [_],

Item Encounter [_] - N/A

Daily [] -
Aspect of Might [],

Item Daily [_] - N/A

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Powers:

Whirlwind Charge - Standard Action - Melee Range - Target: One Creature - +11 vs AC - Hit: 2[W] + Wisdom (+5) damage. Special: When charging, can use this power in the place of a basic attack. If I charge, I gain +4 bonus to AC against any Opportunity Attacks I provoke while moving to the target.Used

Aspect of Might - Standard Action - Melee Range - One Creature - Attack: Wisdom vs. AC. Hit: 3[W]+Wisdom (+5) damage. Miss: Half damage. Effect: Until EOE, gain +5 to Athletics, +2 to Speed, +2 to damage of Melee Attacks.used

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

I think I was right in not trusting them. Shit.
Varon thinks. "I can fight all fucking day orc". Varon shouts angrily towards the orc. "You and your friends 'd be all dead now if not for us. Turn your weapon on me or my friends and I'm gonna gut you like a fish."

Mechanics
[SHOW]

MBA against zombie peasent 9 (I realise now that I took a wrong at-will) 5(1d20) +10 = 15 against AC 1(1d6) +7 = 8
Move to AC 53 if the zombie is still alive [I meant dead. my bad.], mark it and shift to AC57 if it isn't.

Combat Block Format
[SHOW]

Varon

Resistances:
None

Vulnerabilities:
None
Saves:
Active Effects:
None

Powers:

At-Will
Tide of Iron
Dual Strike
Combat Agility
Combat Challenge

Item At-Will

Rain of Blows[]
Guardians Counter[]
Furious Assault[]
Second Wind []
Action Point []

Item Encounter [_]

Daily Tempest Dance[]
Boundless Endurance[]

Item Daily [_]

Consumables:

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Combat Agility:

Last edited by BartNL on Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1: Round 3

"Help yourself and get the fuck out of here then," the orc growls at Aurelius and Leonidas as the wall of meat presses in on his allies. "We don't want or need you."

A few more of the creatures are cut down by the living. Aurelius takes a brutal strike from one of the hulking figures, knocking the wind out of him.

From the alleyways, the echoes of groaning and wailing continue to grow closer.

Marcus
[SHOW]

Roll an Intelligence check for me.

Everyone
[SHOW]

To clarify on a mechanical level, the survivors 1-6 do not count as allies with regards to flanking for combat advantage.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Leonidas: shifts, hits and bloodies and dazes, misses, shifts.

Aurelius: moves, hits and bloodies and shifts enemy, shifts.

Varon: hits and kills, shifts.

Redros: crits ZP6 for 7 damage.

Survivor 1: crits ZP1 for 12 damage, killing it, shifts.

Zombie Brawler 1: shifts, misses Survivor 1, 16 vs AC.

Zombie Brawler 2: hits Survivor 3, 26 vs AC for 8 damage.

Zombie Brawler 3: hits Aurelius, 27 vs AC for 10 damage, bloodying him.

Survivor 5: moves, hits ZB1, 18 vs AC for 8 damage.

Survivor 6: shifts, hits ZP12, 24 vs AC for 9 damage

Zombie Peasant 2: shifts, misses Survivor 2, 14 vs AC.

Guthrik: moves, hits ZP7, 18 vs AC for 6 damage.

Survivor 2: hits ZB2, 19 vs AC for 8 damage, shifts.

Weasel: hits ZB7, 16 vs AC for 7 damage, bloodying it.

Survivor 3: hits ZB2, 21 vs AC for 5 damage, bloodying it.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Marcus
[SHOW]

In the chaos of battle, your memory fails you, but you swear you know the orc from your days in the Legion.

His name doesn't come readily, but something about his coarse, throaty voice and his gruff demeanor reminds you of his time as a mid-ranking officer.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"I'm not going to just abandon a comrade in arms," Marcus responds, vaguely recognizing the orc. As he speaks he bashes the nearest one of the creatures with his club, watching it topple lifeless to the floor. After, he rushes towards the warehouse with the others and manages to land another solid blow against one of the larger creatures, using its dying stumbles as an opening to inch closer to the other survivors.

"We will hold this line and survive together, or else we will all surely perish by these things' tainted hands." What could be so important they are willing to shoo away help even if it means their own lives? These people are up to something and I will find out what.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Focused Discipline: Tactics

Standard Action: Valiant Strike on Zombie Peasant 7
Attack: 16 vs AC = hit and kill
Hit: 13 thunder damage and I shift to (Z, 58)

Move Action: move to (Z, 53)

Minor Action: Vice's Reward
Effect: gain 5 THP. gain +2 to defenses until EONT

Action Point: Charge > Valiant Strike to (AB, 50) on Zombie Brawler 3

• Proc: Dread Smite
  • Effect: Target takes 5 cold & necrotic damage (only resisted if it resists both), and if I hit it takes 5 ongoing cold & necrotic damage (save ends)
    Attack: 18 vs AC =
    Hit: 12 Thunder damage and the target takes 5 ongoing cold & necrotic damage (save ends). Target shifts to (AB, 49) and dies and I shift to (AC, 49).
Combat Block
[SHOW]

Marcus Aemilianus

Male Human Blackguard 3

HP: 33+5/41
Action Points: 0

MBA (Valiant Srike):

Active Effects:

+2 to AC until EONT

Powers:

Focused Discipline
Valiant Strike
Vengeance Strike
Dominator's Strike

Second Wind []
Dread Smite [X][]*
Shroud of Shadow [X]
Vice's Reward [X]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Spirit of Vice (Domination): Once per round when I have THP, I can take a free action to do damage to myself right before making an attack roll against a target. The damage is equal to my charisma modifier (+3), and I can then gain a damage bonus to that attack equal to the same amount.

benderfan

Post by benderfan »

Realizing how wounded Aurelius is, Einkill move towards him to help. "Hold up, lad! Help is on the way!"

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Go to AC51
Minor: Healing Word on Aurelius, he spends a healing surge and heals for an additional 3(1d6) = 3
Standard: Shift to AB50

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1: Round 4

The orcish leader squints at Marcus through the spray of blood. "Aemilianus," he growls, his eyes full of vague recognition. "I'm not surprised to find that now is when the rats of the Legion begin to crawl out from the sewers." The orc takes a sudden swing at Aurelius with his gladius, but the Watchman trainee is able to parry the blow.

"Alright, you sad sacks!" the orc shouts to his people. "On me! We're leaving these fuckers to rot." He begins to backpedal through the open warehouse doors behind him.

Around this time, the shrieks and wailing and thumping of feet from the alleys prove true. Over a dozen of the creatures pile into view, their rotting forms distinguishable in the distance. They begin to crawl over boxes and barrels, edging closer into the plaza.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Marcus: hits and kills, moves, buffs, action points, charges, hits and kills, shifts.

Einkill: moves, heals Aurelius for 12 damage, unbloodying him, shifts.

Survivor 4: misses Aurelius, 15 vs AC, shifts.

Zombie Peasant 6: misses Redros, 12 vs AC.

End of Round 3 — Wave of Zombies approaches.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Close-Up
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]

BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Varon feels his anger burning inside after the betrayal of the orc. I need to get their attention. Aurelius can't handle this alone. "Let's dance than shall we!" Varon says with a glint in his eyes.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move to AE 50 the long way, so he doesn't proc an oa
Funneling Flurry against survivor 2 and 6
3(1d20) +10 = 13; 6(1d6) +7 = 13; 10(1d20) +10 = 20; 2(1d6) +7 = 9
-13 vs AC marking survivor 2 not hitting.
-20 vs against survivor 6 for 9 damage; not using slide effect from flurry.

Action point; Tempest dance against survivor 2, 4 and 6
8(1d20) +10 = 18; 7(1d20) +10 = 17; 12(1d20) +10 = 22
4(1d6) +7 = 11; 1(1d6) +7 = 8; 5(1d6) +7 = 12
-18 vs AC against survivor 2 for 11 damage marking survivor 2
-17 vs AC against survivor 4 for 8 damage marking survivor 4
-22 vs AC against survivor 6 for 12 damage marking survivor 6

Combat Block Format
[SHOW]

Varon

Resistances:
None

Vulnerabilities:
None
Saves:
Active Effects:
None

Powers:

At-Will
Tide of Iron
Dual Strike
Combat Agility
Combat Challenge

Item At-Will

Encounter Funneling Flurry[x]
Rain of Blows[]
Guardians Counter[]
Furious Assault[]
Second Wind []
Action Point []

Item Encounter []

Daily Tempest Dance[x]
Boundless Endurance[]

Item Daily []

Consumables:

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Combat Agility:

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Aurelius begins to get... very worried as Varon begins to attack the survivors, but joins in anyways. "You... you bastard!" He shouts at the man.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Minor: Oath Mark Surv2
Standard: Overwhelming Strike vs AC on Surv2, shift to AD50 (if it hits): 12(1d20) +11 = 23; 10(1d12) +8 = 18
Move Action: Shift to AD49.
Action Point*
Standard: Overwhelming Strike vs AC on Surv4 shift to AE48 (if it hits): 3(1d20) +11 = 14; 3(1d12) +8 = 11 miss.

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Aurelius

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

At-Will -
Bull Rush Attack,
Grab Attack,
Opportunity Attack,
Bond of Pursuit,
Overwhelming Strike,

Item At-Will - N/A

Encounter [] -
Second Wind [],
Guardian's Counter [],
Iron Mind [],
Oath of Enmity [],
Whirlwind Charge [],
Abjure Undead [],
Divine Guidance [],
Intervening Blades [_],

Item Encounter [_] - N/A

Daily [] -
Aspect of Might [],

Item Daily [_] - N/A

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Powers:

Overwhelming Strike - At Will - +11 (Wis) vs AC. On Hit: 1[W]+Wis (+5) damage. You shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space you occupied. SPECIAL: This attack can be used as a basic attack. (Feat: Power of Skill) (Level 21: 2[W]+Wis (+5) damage).

Abjure Undead - Standard Action - Close Burst 5 - One undead creature in burst - +7 vs WILL - UNIQUE: CHAN.DIVIN - Hit: 3d10+WIS (+5) Radiant damage, and you pull the target a number of squares equal to 1 + WIS mod (+5). The target is also immobilized until the end of your next turn. Miss: Half damage, and pull target 1 square (Damage increase at levels 5, 11, 15, 21, 25).

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

The only one who's going to rot is you, your pompous ass," Leonidas says, shifting through the sea of foe and allies until he reaches the warehouse doors and his quarry. "I was always taught to look up to Legionnaires. How's about we look down on your corpse instead?" He digs his daggers into the orc, finding the armor's weaker points with ease. What an insufferable disease of a man. He must not like Marcus very much.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Walk to AE48 (AC50 > AD49 > AE48)
Note: Both Survivor 4 and 6 are marked by Varon & I have a +3 bonus to AC against OAs

Standard: Dazing Strike on Survivor 4
Attack: 8(1d20) +15 = 23 vs AC = Hit
Damage (w/ Sneak Attack): 1(1d4) +8(2d8) +7 = 16
Survivor 4 is dazed until end of my next turn

Minor: Sneak in the Attack
Until the start of my next turn, the next ally to hit Survivor 4 and has a CA (re: anyone since he's dazed) deals extra damage equal to my Sneak Attack (2d8)

ACTION POINT

Standard: Sky Flourish on Survivor 4
Attack: 18(1d20) +15 = 33 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 3(1d4) +10 = 13

NOTE: While I flank an enemy, all allies gain a +1 to attack against that enemy

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Leo Calvus

Male Hengeyokai Rogue 3

Saves:

Active Effects:
+2 to escape grabs

Powers:

Sky Flourish
Piercing Strike
Nature's Mask

Second Wind [_]
Low Blow [X]
Dazing Strike [X]
Low Slash [X]
Sneak in the Attack [X]

Spinning Blade Leap [X]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class

Racial

Theme

Feats

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Varon and Aurelius manage to bring down one of the defending survivors, who slaps against the cobblestones with a soft thud as he loses consciousness. When Leonidas dips between the many bodies to sink his blade into the orcish commander's side, he provokes a brutal flurry of swings between the living — none proving successful.

The rest of the survivors begin to panic somewhat, making frantic attacks on the dead and the living that block their exit. Leonidas takes a deep cut from the woman who had brandished her knife at him earlier, but he stands his ground in the doorway.

Elsewhere, Redros, Weasel, and Guthrik manage to take down one of the creeping dead, but the wave of more approaches rapidly. They stream into the streets, around the corners, beginning to bear down on your position.

Go: Einkill

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Varon: moves, misses and hits, action points, hits x2, misses, marks x3.

Aurelius: oaths, hits and kills, shifts, action points, misses.

Leonidas: moves...

Survivor 6: makes OA...

— — Varon: Combat Challenge on Survivor misses 12 vs AC...

Survivor 6: misses Leonidas 8 vs AC...

Survivor 4: makes OA, misses Leonidas 8 vs AC...

Leonidas: ...hits and dazes, debuffs, action points, hits.

ZP22-24: move, move.

Survivor 1: crit-miss on ZB1.

ZB1: misses Survivor 1, 16 vs AC.

ZB2: shifts, hits Survivor 3, 30 vs AC for 7 damage.

ZP19-21: move, move.

Survivor 5: hits Leonidas, 26 vs AC for 8 damage, shifts.

Survivor 6: shifts, runs.

ZB5: moves, moves.

ZP2: misses Marcus, 9 vs AC.

ZB6: moves, moves.

Guthrik: moves, hits ZP6, 21 vs AC for 5 damage, bloodying it.

Weasel: shifts, hits ZP6, 24 vs AC for 7 damage, killing it.

Survivor 3: shifts, crit-misses Leonidas.

ZB8: moves, moves.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Close-Up
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]

benderfan

Post by benderfan »

Einkill moves into position to flank one of the zombies, and enacts divine vengeance upon it. "May your soul find peace in death!"

Leonidas and Marcus the feel their wounds begin to mend as Einkill utters a prayer of salvation.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Move to AC52

Standard: Healing Strike on Zombie Brawler 8
Attack Roll: 1(1d20) +8 +2 = 11
Damage Roll: 12(2d10) +7 = 19 radiant damage
Effect: Marcus can spend a healing surge

Minor: Healing Word on Survivor 1
Effect: Leonidas spends a healing surge and heal an additional 2(1d6) = 2 HP

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

As one of the survivors makes a break for it to the east, the rotting dead close in on your position.

Go: Marcus

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Einkill: moves, misses, heals Leonidas to full.

ZP13-18: moves, moves.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Close-Up
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Marcus grimaces as the other survivors begin to attack himself and his companions. "What are you, mental?" he shouts as he knocks back one of the larger zombies and moves to the warehouse entrance as well. "We are on the same side here, dipshits. Stop fighting us and focus on the dead or we will join their ranks."

Raising his voice and addressing Guthrik, Redros, and Weasel, he shouts, "and what the fuck are you three doing? Get over here or you're going to get swarmed!"

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Focused Discipline: Defense

Standard Action:
Valiant Strike on Zombie Brawler 2
Attack: 31 vs AC = hit
Hit: 9 thunder damage and target is slid to (AC, 47). Aurelius gains +1 to all defenses until the start of my next turn.

Move Action: move to (AF, 49), provoking OAs from Survivors 3, 4, and 5 and Zombie Peasant 2 (I still have +2 to defenses from the previous round during this move, even though it is no longer listed in the combat block since that represent my status after the turn ends)

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Marcus Aemilianus

Male Human Blackguard 3

HP: 33+5/41
Action Points: 0

MBA (Valiant Srike):

Active Effects:

Powers:

Focused Discipline
Valiant Strike
Vengeance Strike
Dominator's Strike

Second Wind []
Dread Smite [X][]*
Shroud of Shadow [X]
Vice's Reward [X]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1: Round 5

As Marcus rams his way through the mess of bodies, he hardly notices the slap of a heavy staff against his side from one of the survivors.

Still reeling from Leonidas' rush attack, the orcish commander shoves past, into the open area of the warehouse."Good. Either by my sword or their teeth, you will be joining the dead." He brings his blade up defensively, his chest heaving deeply. "Stop fucking running! We hold the line!" he bellows, now cut off from his allies and watching one woman making a break to the east.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Marcus: changes stance, hits and slides, buffs, moves...

ZP2: misses 14 vs AC.

Survivor 5: crit-misses.

Survivor 3: hits 25 vs AC for 4 damage.

Marcus: finishes move.

Survivor 4: shifts, action points, heals.

ZB7: moves, moves.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Close-Up
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]