A Shadow Looms — IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
ratwizard
A Wan Smile
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: A Shadow Looms — IC

Post by ratwizard »

You continue down the boardwalk, river channel on your right and shopfronts on your left. "Weasel would be begging to stop at each one of these," Athena whispers, a smile on her face.

"I'm sure it'd be worth it at some point,"
Kam agrees with a shrug.

They are mostly boutiques — a small wineseller, a florist, a shop selling purses and satchels. The odd deli or artisan sticks out in between.

A few minutes further down the boardwalk, you safely approach a break in the lines of shops as you come to a T-intersection. To your left, a wide avenue branches off eastward.

"You can see it from here," Einkill says, pointing down the avenue, slightly to the left. Across the tops of several buildings, you can see the distant outline of a stone cathedral peeking out. "Got about as far as here before I turned back."

Down the avenue itself, there are a few of the shambling dead — about a half-dozen you can see, scattered down the avenue for a ways before it hits another road at an angle.
The Who and Where
[SHOW]
Calepha Avenue — Western Plaza — The Gilded Mare

Presumably...

Burtin
Drozga
Rorsi
Jozanta
Bessia
Mathilda
Mahren
Liviana
Bastia
Isdren
Elene
Tomas
Redros
Weasel
Cassia
Guthrik
Smock

South of the Mare

Marcus
Leonidas
Aurelius
Varon
Athena
Kam
Einkill
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by FinalTemplar »

"Are there back alleys?" He asks, keeping his voice low. "Somewhere to hide, just in case there are more of those things?"
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Leonidas grimaces at the sight of the shambling corpses scattered across much of the street ahead. These things just can't be easy, can they? Listening to the young guard's question, the cat man looks around and racks his brain for any sort of alternate path that might be more clear than this avenue.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Streetwise: 16(1d20) +9 = 25
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Marcus ignores the chatter between Athena and Kam as they move, finding the inanity of it distracting. At the intersection, he glances forward down the avenue and frowns. Always more of them. They seem to be everywhere, yet never doing anything. What is the point?

"There are a number of them down that avenue, but they are not clustered. We might be able to take them out quietly as we go, rather than risking alleyway." He looks to the others to see if they are interested in staying the course, or if they'd prefer to head into an alley instead.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Leonidas
[SHOW]
There are absolutely back alleys, ones that run east, parallel to the avenue. You would likely be able to travel through them most of the way there, but this would bring you back to tight corners once again.

The only other option is continue further south before cutting east, though the increase in distance leaves you to believe you'd be more likely to encounter greater issue in the long run. The most direct route in your experience has often been the safest, or close to it at least — though not everyone can walk on all fours.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Leonidas' eyes dart between the potential paths they've got, knowing there's not an easy decision to be made here. Every little thing comes with risk now, doesn't it? He sighs. He extends his paw, pointing towards the alleyway before pointing again towards the main avenue and letting out a confused meow. The direct route's usually safer, isn't it?
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Aurelius nods and sighs, quietly drawing his sword. "Then let's move quickly." He says under his breath, before starting to move forwards.
OOC
[SHOW]
Just in case it's been long enough, I'll add a new stealth roll to this post.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Stealth: 10(1d20) +11 = 21
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

OOC
[SHOW]
Which path are you taking? The main street, or the side alleys parallel?

If straight ahead into the street, please everyone roll Stealth, and indicate what action you are taking as you approach the first undead figure in the avenue.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime
Registered for: 5 years

Post by BartNL »

OOC
[SHOW]
Varon will follow Marcus's judgement.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Stealth roll, in case Varon needs to roll.
17(1d20) +9 = 26
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Marcus removes his club as the others also prepare their weapons, and points directly down the avenue ahead. "We stick to the plan then, main roads over alleys," he says to the others, before beginning the slow trek down the street.
OOC
[SHOW]
The goal here is getting to each zombie as quietly as possible, and trying to take them off guard if possible. Leonidas can probably sneak up to them and surprise/ambush them and hopefully one shot them once we are close. If not, the others could always move in to finish it off. Even if we are too loud, and the ones further down hear us, they should take time to get to us, time we can use to take them out one by one.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Stealth: 8 lol
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Leonidas nods, taking point as they begin striding down the main street. He keeps a close eye on the nearest of the shamblers, ready to pounce if he manages to get close enough. If only everyone was blessed with this gift like me. This would be a lot simpler.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Stealth: 12(1d20) +14 = 26

If I get close enough without alerting it, Nature's Mask to revert to human form and then Piercing Strike (+12 vs Ref, +15 w/ a CA; 1d4+9 dmg, 1d4+2d8+10 w/ CA & Sneak Attack)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The group of you press forward down the main avenue eastward, headed in the general direction of Bazzidono Cathedral. You stick to the sides of the street, pressing up against the edges of the buildings that line it as you creep along.

Leonidas saunters silently up the first of the shambling undead creatures that bar your direct approach. It cocks its head back, peering out in the general direction of Marcus' loud step. Before it even notices the armored ex-soldier, the feline shape morphs into Leonidas, and he plunges a dagger twice into its ear and neck. Without even a mutter, it slumps forward, falling to the ground.

The plan continues similarly for a few blocks eastward. With Leonidas' cunning, you are able to quietly dispatch three more of them like this without issue.

Ahead of you, a few more blocks east, the avenue appears to end at a T-intersection. Between you and that, however, is a small group of the undead — four in number. They look to be moving away from you, but only inching along. "Should we just sneak up and take them all out?" Athena says.

"Or we can wait for them to move on."

"All day?" she scoffs. "And who's to say they won't just stop or change direction? We're sitting ducks if we don't keep moving."
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Varon replies with a whisper as he unsheathes his blades: "Let the quietest among us sneak up and take them out in one attack." Varon then looks at Marcus and Einkill. "Can you support us with a ranged weapon?"
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"If you have one to give," Marcus responds, eyeing the newcomer curiously. "Otherwise we can all creep forward as we have been and take out as many as possible silently before the rest of us join in. With our numbers, and more of his trickery, we should make short work of only four," Marcus says, motioning towards Leonidas with his last words.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Aurelius sneaks forward now, not wanting to wait around. He creeps ahead with his sword ready and attempts to slash out at the next closest zombie.
OOC
[SHOW]
Using Overwhelming Strike, if this attack doesn't kill I will step backward and make it follow me. (Both it and I shift 1 square).
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Stealth: 9(1d20) +11 = 20
Overwhelming Strike vs AC: 9(1d20) +11 = 20; 2(1d12) +8 = 10
Last edited by FinalTemplar on Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Aurelius creeps forward, his steps unnoticed by the small pack of shamblers moving down the avenue.

With a flash of his blade, the Watchman trainee cuts through the withered shoulder of one of them, almost tearing its arm off. With a rasping, wordless cry, it stumbles forward and all four of them turn to face you — their green eyes glowing bright, their teeth bared.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Aurelius deals 10 damage to zombie, bloodying it. Everyone roll initiative.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Leondias hits his palm to his forehead as he watches Aurelius lurch forward and manage to draw the attention of all the creatures. He's going to get himself killed if he does this again. And I'm not about to join him in death. He shakes his head, letting out a sigh as he readies for the coming fight.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Init: 1(1d20) +6 = 7
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Idiot. First to criticise, last to think.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
9(1d20) +5 = 14
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Aurelius flourishes his blade and prepares to defend himself from the monsters.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Initiative: 12(1d20) +7 = 19
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

The godsdamned fool, Marcus thinks, as the young watchman rushes forward against the creatures. If this becomes too dangerous then we can just leave him, he can lure the rest away.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Initiative: 12
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 2: Round 1

Emboldened by the initiating strike, the Watchman trainee is the first to act as the four shambling dead begin to react to your combined presense.

Go: Aurelius
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Sneak Attack Round

Aurelius: moves, hits and bloodies, shifts, pulls zombie back.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Crates, Barrels, Sacks, Lumber: Difficult Terrain

Cart: Impassible

Doors: Closed, but you can attempt to open while adjacent with a minor action

Alleys: These are the lighter-colored single-wide passages that branch off from the avenue.
Character Info
[SHOW]
Zombie Peasant: These creatures are what most of you have seen already. Tattered clothing covers their bodies and their skin looks a ghastly green or pale beige tone, some of it sloughing off. They are in various stages of decomposition — some look like fresh corpses, while others look long-dead. Their faces are locked in a nasty snarl with their lips bared to show their stained and decayed teeth, and they lurch forward with slow, rigid steps with their thrashing arms reaching forward.
Status
[SHOW]
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Aurelius raised his sword again and went to take another swing at the zombie he moved, marking it with his fury.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on ZP1. As long as there are no other creatures near me or my oath target, I can roll twice to hit and take either result. (SPECIAL: If the encounter ends or the target dies I regain use of this power).
Standard Action: Intervening Blades - 6(2d20.takehighest(1)) +11 = 17; Damage: 8(2d12) +8 = 16
Move Action: Move to N-104.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Aurelius

Male Githzerai (Human) Avenger 3
Languages: Common, Brennisian
Height: 6'3
Weight: 190 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +7
Passive Perception: 24
Passive Insight: 16
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 18
Fort: 12
Reflex: 16
Will: 17
HP: 36/36
Bloodied: 18
Surge Value: 9
Surges left: 6/6
Action Points: 1

MBA - Fullblade: +6 vs AC, 1d12+3 damage
MBA - Overwhelming Strike: +11 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage
MBA - Unarmed: +8 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
+2 Racial Bonus vs daze, dominate, or stun.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

At-Will -
Bull Rush Attack,
Grab Attack,
Opportunity Attack,
Bond of Pursuit,
Overwhelming Strike,

Item At-Will - N/A

Encounter [_] -
Second Wind [_],
Guardian's Counter [_],
Iron Mind [_],
Oath of Enmity [_],
Whirlwind Charge [_],
Abjure Undead [_],
Divine Guidance [_],
Intervening Blades [_],

Item Encounter [_] - N/A

Daily [_] -
Aspect of Might [*][/color],

Item Daily [_] - N/A

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Racial Features: Githzeryai
Iron Mind - +Iron Mind Power
Danger Sense - +2 to Initiative
Defended Mind - +2 to saving throws against daze, dominate, and stun.
Shifting Fortunes - Shift 3 sq. when you use second wind.
Class Features: Avenger
Armor of Faith - Gain +3 to AC while wearing cloth armor or less and no shield.
Avenger's Censure - Gain an Avenger's Censure Power
Censure of Pursuit - Deal 2+ Dex mod extra damage if oath target moves away. (4 + Dex at 11th level, 6 + Dex at 21st.)
Channel Divinity - Invoke a channel divinity class feature or other power; encounter.
Oath of Enmity - Gain the oath of Enmity Power.

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit - At Will - +11 (Wis) vs AC. On a hit, deal 1[W]+Wisdom (+8) damage. If the target doesn't end its next turn adjacent to you, you can shift a number of squares equal to 1+Dex Mod (+4) as a free action, and you must end that shift closer to the target. (Level 21: 2[W] + Wisdom (+5) damage).

Overwhelming Strike - At Will - +11 (Wis) vs AC. On Hit: 1[W]+Wis (+5) damage. You shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space I occupied. SPECIAL: This attack can be used as a basic attack. (Feat: Power of Skill) (Level 21: 2[W]+Wis (+5) damage).

Guardian's Counter - Immediate Interrupt - Range: Close Burst 2 - Trigger: An ally within 2 squares of me is hit by an attack and I'm not included in the attack. Effect: Both myself and my ally shift 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. I become the target of the triggering attack in place of the ally. After the attack resolves, I make a basic attack against the attacker.

Iron Mind - Immediate Interrupt - Trigger: Hit by an attack. Effect: You gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.

Oath of Enmity - Minor Action - Range: Close Burst 10 - Target: One enemy I can see within burst - Effect: When I make a melee attack against the target and it's the only one near me, make two attack rolls and take either result. Lasts until the end of the encounter or the enemy drops to 0 at which point I regain use of the power. Other powers that allow me to roll twice and use the higher result take priority over this and cause OoE to have no effect. HOWEVER: If an attack lets me reroll an attack roll and I rolled twice because of OoE, reroll both dice.

Whirlwind Charge - Standard Action - Melee Range - Target: One Creature - +11 vs AC - Hit: 2[W] + Wisdom (+5) damage. Special: When charging, can use this power in the place of a basic attack. If I charge, I gain +4 bonus to AC against any Opportunity Attacks I provoke while moving to the target.

Abjure Undead - Standard Action - Close Burst 5 - One undead creature in burst - +7 vs WILL - UNIQUE: CHAN.DIVIN - Hit: 3d10+WIS (+5) Radiant damage, and you pull the target a number of squares equal to 1 + WIS mod (+5). The target is also immobilized untilthe end of your next turn. Miss: Half damage, and pull target 1 square (Damage increase at levels 5, 11, 15, 21, 25).

Divine Guidance - Immediate Interrupt - Close Burst 10 - The triggering Ally - UNIQUE: CHAN.DIVIN - Trigger: An ally within 10 squares of me makes an attack roll against my Oath target. Effect: Target rolls twice and uses either result.

Intervening Blades - Attack: 11 vs AC - Hit: 2[W] + Wisdom (+5) damage, and target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn. Censure of Pursuit: Can use this power as an Opportunity Attack against my Oath of Enmity target.

Aspect of Might - Standard Action - Melee Range - One Creature - Attack: Wisdom vs. AC. Hit: 3[W]+Wisdom (+5) damage. Miss: Half damage. Effect: Until EOE, gain +5 to Athletics, +2 to Speed, +2 to damage of Melee Attacks.

Items: None
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 2: Round 1

Aurelius' second swing drops the zombie to the cobblestone ground, and Einkill takes the moment to push up — his hammer at the ready.

Two of the creatures swarm the trainee, their animated frames barreling toward him with a screech. He manages to bat one away, but the other slams into him, knocking the wind out of him.

Go: Varon, Marcus, Leonidas, Athena, Kam
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Aurelius: oaths, hits and kills, moves

ZP2: moves, misses

Einkill: double-moves

ZP4: moves, crits Aurelius for 10 damage
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Alleys: These are the lighter-colored single-wide passages that branch off from the avenue.
Character Info
[SHOW]
Zombie Peasant: These creatures are what most of you have seen already. Tattered clothing covers their bodies and their skin looks a ghastly green or pale beige tone, some of it sloughing off. They are in various stages of decomposition — some look like fresh corpses, while others look long-dead. Their faces are locked in a nasty snarl with their lips bared to show their stained and decayed teeth, and they lurch forward with slow, rigid steps with their thrashing arms reaching forward.
Status
[SHOW]
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Re: A Shadow Looms IC

Post by BartNL »

Varon runs in and stabs at both zombies in a single motion.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move action: move to L98
Standard Action Dual strike zombie 2 and zombie 4
10(1d20) +10 = 20; 11(1d20) +10 = 21; 3(1d6) +3 = 6
20 vs reflex for 6 damage against zombie 2
21 vs reflex for 6 damage against zombie 2
Mark both zombies
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Varon

Male Human [Half-Orc] Fighter level 3
Languages: Brennisian, Common
Height: 6"1
Weight: 200 lbs.

Speed: 6 (+2 when charging)
Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 17
Passive Insight: 12
Senses: Low-Light Vision

AC: 19
Fort: 17
Will: 12
HP: 41/41
Bloodied: 20
Surge Value: 10
Surges left: 9/11
Action Points: 0

MBA: +10 vs AC, 1d6+7 damage
RBA: + 9 vs AC, 1d4+5 damage
Resistances:
None

Vulnerabilities:
None
Saves:
Active Effects:
None

Powers:

At-Will
Tide of Iron
Dual Strike
Combat Agility
Combat Challenge

Item At-Will

Encounter Funneling Flurry[_]
Rain of Blows[_]
Guardians Counter[_]
Furious Assault[_]
Second Wind [_]
Action Point [_]

Item Encounter [_]

Daily Tempest Dance[x]
Boundless Endurance[x]

Item Daily [_]

Consumables:

Important Features:
[SHOW]
Combat Challenge: +1 opportunity attack. An enemy struck by your opportunity attack stops moving, if a move provoked the attack. If it still has actions remaining, it can use them to resume moving.
Combat Agility:
Two-Weapon Defense: while holding a melee weapon in each hand, you gain a +1 shield bonus to AC and Reflex.
Tempest Technique: +1 atk with offhand weapon, while wearing light armor or chainmail gain +1 damage with melee or close weapons or +2 with offhand weapons.
Half-orc Resilience: The first time you are bloodied during an encounter, gain 5 temporary hit points.
Midnight Blade Student: Can use Dual strike against Reflex instead of AC with a melee light blade
Light Blade expertise +1 dmg with light blades if you have CA
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Leonidas rolls his eyes, drawing his blade as he rushes into the fray. Better to kill them before they can kill us. But I'm not risking my life for these reckless fools. He slashes at the nearest with a clean swipe, eager to end the shamblers before more can arrive.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to K98

Standard: Piercing Strike on ZP2
Attack: 4(1d20) +12 = 16 vs Reflex = Hit
Damage: 4(1d4) +6 = 10
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Leo Calvus

Male Hengeyokai Rogue 3
Languages: Brennisian, Gleiosian
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 160 lbs.

Speed: 7
Climb Speed (as cat): 7
Initiative: +6
Passive Perception: 11
Passive Insight: 11
Senses: Low-light Vision

Reflex: 18
Will: 14
HP: 34/34
Bloodied: 17
Surge Value: 8
Surges left: 6/7

MBA: +8 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage (+2d8 once per turn w/ Sneak Attack; +1 to attack & damage with CA)
RBA: +12 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage (+2d8 once per turn w/ Sneak Attack; +1 to attack & damage with CA)

Resistances: None

Vulnerabilities: None

Saves:
+2 vs immobilized, restrained, & slowed

Active Effects:
+2 to escape grabs
+5 to bluff vs insight to hide my true nature

Powers:

Sky Flourish
Piercing Strike
Nature's Mask

Second Wind [_]
Low Blow [_]
Dazing Strike [_]
Low Slash [_]
Sneak in the Attack [_]

Spinning Blade Leap [X]

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Class

First Strike: At the start of an encounter, you have combat advantage against any creatures that have not yet acted in that encounter.

Artful Dodger: You gain a bonus to AC equal to your Charisma modifier (+3) against opportunity attacks.

Rogue Weapon Talent: When you wield a shuriken, your weapon damage die increases by one size. When you wield a dagger, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls.

Sneak Attack: When you make an attack with a light blade, a hand crossbow, a shortbow, or a sling and hit an enemy granting a combat advantage to you, that enemy takes extra damage based on your level. You can deal with extra damage only once per turn.

Racial

Beast Nature: You are considered both a magical beast and a humanoid for the purpose of effects that relate to creature type.

Elusive: You have a +2 racial bonus to checks made to escape a grab and to saving throws against effects that immobilize, restrain, or slow you.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Language of Beasts: While you are in animal form, you can communicate with felines. In human form, you can understand them but cannot directly communicate with them.

Shapechanger: You are subject to effects and conditions that affect shapechangers.

Theme

Son of Alagondar: While you flank an enemy, your allies gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls against that enemy.

Feats

Light Blade Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a light blade. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls of weapon attacks that you make with a light blade against creatures granting combat advantage to you. Both of these bonuses increase to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Backstabber: The extra damage dice from your Sneak Attack class feature increase from d6s to d8s.

Nimble Blade: When you attack with a light blade and you have combat advantage, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Seeing no opening for him to press forward, Marcus approaches close behind the others - club and shield in hand - prepared to attack when anything draws near.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Minor Action: Focused Discipline
Effect: Offense - +1 to MBAs

Move Action: move to (L, 97)

Standard Action: Total Defense
Effect: +2 to defenses until SONT
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Marcus Aemilianus

Male Human Blackguard 3
Languages: Brenissian, Common
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 185 lbs.

Speed: 5
Initiative: +2

AC: 21
Will: 16
HP: 41+1/41
Surges left: 10/12

MBA (Valiant Srike):
* with club, +9 vs AC, 1d6+5 damage
* with dagger, +10 vs AC, 1d4+5 damage
* for both, I gain an additional +1 to attack for each adjacent enemy and deal +3 damage to enemies granting CA
* I will usually be using my feat ability to change damage type to thunder, which provides +2 damage and activates my sliding from mark of storm
RBA: +3 vs AC (+7 with dagger), 1d4+2 damage (+3 more with CA)

Saves: None

Active Effects:
* +3 damage when I have CA
* +1 stealth from footpads
* all allies get +1 shield bonus to AC
Offense - +1 to MBAs
+2 to all defenses

Powers:

Focused Discipline
Valiant Strike
Vengeance Strike
Dominator's Strike

Second Wind [_]
Dread Smite [_][_]*
Shroud of Shadow [_]
Vice's Reward [_]

* Can only use once per turn

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Dark Menace: Whenever I make a weapon attack against an enemy granting me CA, the enemy takes extra damage equal to my charisma modifier (+3)

Spirit of Vice (Domination): Once per round when I have THP, I can take a free action to do damage to myself right before making an attack roll against a target. The damage is equal to my charisma modifier (+3), and I can then gain a damage bonus to that attack equal to the same amount.

Power of Skill: +1 to untrained skill checks, and I can use Valiant Strike as an MBA.

Power of the Storm: +2 to intimidate checks. When I use Valiant Strike, I can choose to change its damage type to thunder (the power gains the thunder keyword and loses the keyword of its former damage types). If I do this, I gain a +2 bonus to the damage roll.

Devout Protector Expertise: I gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls made with a one-handed melee weapon, and a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls made with a holy symbol. While I use a shield, my allies gain a +1 shield bonus to AC.

Mark of Storm: Slide enemies 1 square when hitting with lightning or thunder powers. +1 to fly speed. Can master and perform certain rituals.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 2: Round 2

As blades meet flesh, Athena and Kam bring up the rear, staying behind the better armored of the survivors for now.

One of the creatures throws itself at Leonidas, but the man's catlike reflexes allow him to jerk away from a swing of its raking claws.

Go: Aurelius
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Varon: moves, hits and marks x2

Leonidas: moves, hits and bloodies

Marcus: buffs, moves, defends

Athena: moves

Kam: moves

ZP3: move, misses Leonidas 17 vs AC.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

With a spin and a dash, Aurelius moves past the zombie trying to keep its eyes on him. Narrowly moving past the barrel he attempts to pull the zombie towards him.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on ZP4.
Move Action: M98 -> N100 (M98 -> N99(difficult terrain) -> N100).
Standard Action: Overwhelming Strike vs ZP4 (vs AC) - 4(1d20) +11 = 15; 1(1d12) +8 = 9, Reroll to-hit from oath: 16(1d20) +11 = 27 +2 to hit from flanking (29 vs AC), 9 damage. Aurelius shifts to N101 and ZP4 slides to N100.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Aurelius

Male Githzerai (Human) Avenger 3
Languages: Common, Brennisian
Height: 6'3
Weight: 190 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +7
Passive Perception: 24
Passive Insight: 16

Will: 17
HP: 26/36
Bloodied: 18
Surge Value: 9
Surges left: 3/6

MBA - Fullblade: +6 vs AC, 1d12+3 damage
MBA - Overwhelming Strike: +11 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage
MBA - Unarmed: +8 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
+2 Racial Bonus vs daze, dominate, or stun.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

At-Will -
Bull Rush Attack,
Grab Attack,
Opportunity Attack,
Bond of Pursuit,
Overwhelming Strike,

Item At-Will - N/A

Encounter [_] -
Second Wind [_],
Guardian's Counter [_],
Iron Mind [_],
Oath of Enmity [*][/color],
Whirlwind Charge [_],
Abjure Undead [_],
Divine Guidance [_],
Intervening Blades [*][/color],

Item Encounter [_] - N/A

Daily [_] -
Aspect of Might [*][/color],

Item Daily [_] - N/A

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Racial Features: Githzeryai
Iron Mind - +Iron Mind Power
Danger Sense - +2 to Initiative
Defended Mind - +2 to saving throws against daze, dominate, and stun.
Shifting Fortunes - Shift 3 sq. when you use second wind.
Class Features: Avenger
Armor of Faith - Gain +3 to AC while wearing cloth armor or less and no shield.
Avenger's Censure - Gain an Avenger's Censure Power
Censure of Pursuit - Deal 2+ Dex mod extra damage if oath target moves away. (4 + Dex at 11th level, 6 + Dex at 21st.)
Channel Divinity - Invoke a channel divinity class feature or other power; encounter.
Oath of Enmity - Gain the oath of Enmity Power.

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit - At-Will - +11 (Wis) vs AC. On a hit, deal 1[W]+Wisdom (+8) damage. If the target doesn't end its next turn adjacent to you, you can shift a number of squares equal to 1+Dex Mod (+4) as a free action, and you must end that shift closer to the target. (Level 21: 2[W] + Wisdom (+5) damage).

Overwhelming Strike - At-Will - +11 (Wis) vs AC. On Hit: 1[W]+Wis (+5) damage. You shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space I occupied. SPECIAL: This attack can be used as a basic attack. (Feat: Power of Skill) (Level 21: 2[W]+Wis (+5) damage).

Guardian's Counter - Immediate Interrupt - Range: Close Burst 2 - Trigger: An ally within 2 squares of me is hit by an attack and I'm not included in the attack. Effect: Both myself and my ally shift 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. I become the target of the triggering attack in place of the ally. After the attack resolves, I make a basic attack against the attacker.

Iron Mind - Immediate Interrupt - Trigger: Hit by an attack. Effect: You gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.

Oath of Enmity - Minor Action - Range: Close Burst 10 - Target: One enemy I can see within burst - Effect: When I make a melee attack against the target and it's the only one near me, make two attack rolls and take either result. Lasts until the end of the encounter or the enemy drops to 0 at which point I regain use of the power. Other powers that allow me to roll twice and use the higher result take priority over this and cause OoE to have no effect. HOWEVER: If an attack lets me reroll an attack roll and I rolled twice because of OoE, reroll both dice.

Whirlwind Charge - Standard Action - Melee Range - Target: One Creature - +11 vs AC - Hit: 2[W] + Wisdom (+5) damage. Special: When charging, can use this power in the place of a basic attack. If I charge, I gain +4 bonus to AC against any Opportunity Attacks I provoke while moving to the target.

Abjure Undead - Standard Action - Close Burst 5 - One undead creature in burst - +7 vs WILL - UNIQUE: CHAN.DIVIN - Hit: 3d10+WIS (+5) Radiant damage, and you pull the target a number of squares equal to 1 + WIS mod (+5). The target is also immobilized until the end of your next turn. Miss: Half damage, and pull target 1 square (Damage increase at levels 5, 11, 15, 21, 25).

Divine Guidance - Immediate Interrupt - Close Burst 10 - The triggering Ally - UNIQUE: CHAN.DIVIN - Trigger: An ally within 10 squares of me makes an attack roll against my Oath target. Effect: Target rolls twice and uses either result.

Intervening Blades - Attack: 11 vs AC - Hit: 2[W] + Wisdom (+5) damage, and target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn. Censure of Pursuit: Can use this power as an Opportunity Attack against my Oath of Enmity target.

Aspect of Might - Standard Action - Melee Range - One Creature - Attack: Wisdom vs. AC. Hit: 3[W]+Wisdom (+5) damage. Miss: Half damage. Effect: Until EOE, gain +5 to Athletics, +2 to Speed, +2 to damage of Melee Attacks.

Items: None
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 2: Round 2

Aurelius low slash staggers one of the zombies, and it tips toward him and out of Varon's range. It's attempts to flail at the trainee go unsuccessful.

Einkill pushes ahead, landing a crunching blow of his warhammer on the unscathed one, managing to almost bring it down in a single blow.

Varon continues to hold the line as another scratches futilely at him.

Go: Varon, Marcus, Leonidas, Athena, Kam
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Aurelius: oaths, moves, hits and bloodies and shifts and slides.

ZP2: misses Varon 17 vs AC

Einkill: moves, hits ZP3 23 vs AC for 15 damage and bloodies

ZP4: misses Aurelius 8 vs AC
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

As Varon counters the monsters attacks, he slashes at them and tries to push them back while advancing. Let's make some room in here.
As Varon moves in, he sees his foes both leave their throats unguarded. In a fluid move Varon grabs his blades in a reverse grip, slashes his blades like a scissor and cuts the heads off of both foes. One to go.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard Action: Funneling Fury against ZP 2 and 3:
11(1d20) +10 = 21; 6(1d20) +10 = 16; 5(1d6) +8 = 13
21 vs. AC for 13 dmg against ZP 2, Slide ZP 2 to L100
16 vs. AC for 13 dmg against ZP 3, if hit, Slide ZP 3 to K100
Free Action: Furious Assault: 5(1d6) = 5
5 extra damage against ZP2.
Move action: Move to M103
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Varon

Male Human [Half-Orc] Fighter level 3
Languages: Brennisian, Common
Height: 6"1
Weight: 200 lbs.

Speed: 6 (+2 when charging)
Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 17
Passive Insight: 12
Senses: Low-Light Vision

AC: 19
Will: 12
HP: 41/41
Surges left: 9/11

MBA: +10 vs AC, 1d6+7 damage
RBA: + 9 vs AC, 1d4+5 damage
Resistances:
None

Vulnerabilities:
None
Saves:
Active Effects:
None

Powers:

At-Will
Tide of Iron
Dual Strike
Combat Agility
Combat Challenge

Item At-Will

Encounter Funneling Flurry[X]
Rain of Blows[_]
Guardians Counter[_]
Furious Assault[X]
Second Wind [_]
Action Point [_]

Item Encounter [_]

Daily Tempest Dance[x]
Boundless Endurance[x]

Item Daily [_]

Consumables:

Important Features:
[SHOW]
Combat Challenge: +1 opportunity attack. An enemy struck by your opportunity attack stops moving, if a move provoked the attack. If it still has actions remaining, it can use them to resume moving.
Combat Agility:
Two-Weapon Defense: while holding a melee weapon in each hand, you gain a +1 shield bonus to AC and Reflex.
Tempest Technique: +1 atk with offhand weapon, while wearing light armor or chainmail gain +1 damage with melee or close weapons or +2 with offhand weapons.
Half-orc Resilience: The first time you are bloodied during an encounter, gain 5 temporary hit points.
Midnight Blade Student: Can use Dual strike against Reflex instead of AC with a melee light blade
Light Blade expertise +1 dmg with light blades if you have CA
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Paying little mind to Varon's swordplay, but taking full advantage of it, Leonidas slides past his companions and towards the remaining corpse. With a swift sweep of the dagger, he puts an end to its undead life. Let's hope more of its friends won't come.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to N99

Standard: Sky Flourish on Zombie Peasant 4
Attack: 15(1d20) +15 = 30 vs AC = Hit
Damage, w/ Sneak Attack: 4(1d4) +5(2d8) +10 = 19
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Leo Calvus

Male Hengeyokai Rogue 3
Languages: Brennisian, Gleiosian
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 160 lbs.

Speed: 7
Climb Speed (as cat): 7
Initiative: +6
Senses: Low-light Vision

Reflex: 18
Will: 14
HP: 34/34
Bloodied: 17
Surge Value: 8
Surges left: 6/7

MBA: +8 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage (+2d8 once per turn w/ Sneak Attack; +1 to attack & damage with CA)
RBA: +12 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage (+2d8 once per turn w/ Sneak Attack; +1 to attack & damage with CA)

Saves:
+2 vs immobilized, restrained, & slowed

Active Effects:
+2 to escape grabs
+5 to bluff vs insight to hide my true nature

Powers:

Sky Flourish
Piercing Strike
Nature's Mask

Second Wind [_]
Low Blow [_]
Dazing Strike [_]
Low Slash [_]
Sneak in the Attack [_]

Spinning Blade Leap [X]

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Class

First Strike: At the start of an encounter, you have combat advantage against any creatures that have not yet acted in that encounter.

Artful Dodger: You gain a bonus to AC equal to your Charisma modifier (+3) against opportunity attacks.

Rogue Weapon Talent: When you wield a shuriken, your weapon damage die increases by one size. When you wield a dagger, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls.

Sneak Attack: When you make an attack with a light blade, a hand crossbow, a shortbow, or a sling and hit an enemy granting a combat advantage to you, that enemy takes extra damage based on your level. You can deal with extra damage only once per turn.

Racial

Beast Nature: You are considered both a magical beast and a humanoid for the purpose of effects that relate to creature type.

Elusive: You have a +2 racial bonus to checks made to escape a grab and to saving throws against effects that immobilize, restrain, or slow you.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Language of Beasts: While you are in animal form, you can communicate with felines. In human form, you can understand them but cannot directly communicate with them.

Shapechanger: You are subject to effects and conditions that affect shapechangers.

Theme

Son of Alagondar: While you flank an enemy, your allies gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls against that enemy.

Feats

Light Blade Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a light blade. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls of weapon attacks that you make with a light blade against creatures granting combat advantage to you. Both of these bonuses increase to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Backstabber: The extra damage dice from your Sneak Attack class feature increase from d6s to d8s.

Nimble Blade: When you attack with a light blade and you have combat advantage, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

OOC Update
[SHOW]
(also posted in discord): after some thinking it over, i've decided i'm going to put this campaign on hiatus. there are some in-depth systems and mechanics i would want developed for this sort of campaign to simulate some settlement-building / defense / top-down strategy game elements. it also requires a city map of Vizidel to properly implement with what i envisioned

however i've had a hard time getting the motivation and time to put these together, and i feel like i jumped the gun on resuming this campaign when i did, without the systems in place. if i ever get a second wind and want to really develop this campaign further, i'd be down to continue it then. for now, i think that with how many campaigns we have running it's best if i redouble my efforts into the quality of Hole and Firstborn. this also opens up the possibility of being able to give Kayaku Plot the time it needs to get off the ground.