Out of Time IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Re: Out of Time IC

Post by FinalTemplar »

Markus shook his head, regretting offering to help already. "The subway is an underground train. Trains are like vans but really long, much faster, and go on a set route over and over again. Anyone can take a ride inside a train, but only special people can drive them." He explains.

Hanzo
[SHOW]

Ueno nods and walks into the subway holding his badge. "Ueno Kuemon, FBI. I need everyone to evacuate this subway station now, for your safety!" He shouts. People look around confused before seeing you and they run screaming.

Last edited by FinalTemplar on Wed May 08, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by ratwizard »

"Like a caravan of horses," Jazde says with a smile, proud of her metaphor. "Good. We will take this sub way."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Mikkjal examines the map with great interest, mentally making note of Markus' instructions. What a strange mess of lines. Is this what passes for art these days? He nods as the man instructs them to take the subway to their destination, saying, "Aye, we shall make use of this creature. Shall we be off then?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Minha nods, eager to follow the others to the belly of the beast. I am curious where all of these metallic creatures come from. They must clearly be demons from outside of the crater, she thinks, before turning to briefly face Mikkjal and Jazde. Hopefully they do not have any sort of hold over them.

Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

"Interesting. These drivers must be truly special people to earn such a command," Gwenlyn says.

"Let's go!" She says to Mikkjal. "Time is of the essence..." she says, trailing of in thought mid sentence. Or is it? We've already been catapulted forward through time, and we met ourselves from the future. Perhaps we can find a way to try things over again if we fail.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Markus clears his throat. "You're better off walking. My driver isn't here to operate the vehicle." He says and nods. "It's not far, it'll get you used to the city a little more."

OOC
[SHOW]

Features unlocked!
Home Base: Markus' garage can now be used as a command center of sorts during your adventures in New Tokyo. Sometimes there will be a merchant here to sell/trade, other times you'll have access to the van, though rarely. You cannot take an extended rest anywhere in New Tokyo except in Markus' garage, and extended excursions into the city will cause you to start becoming Exhausted.

Timer: I will from now on be keeping track of the time, which will be posted periodically when I'm asked to move a scene forward. Once a watch is obtained by the group, whoever currently has the watch (it can be passed around or multiple people could have one, if you wanted) will be able to look at will and check the time. It is unlikely it would come up in combat, but it would take a free action, like speaking or certain trigger actions.

Vehicles: Assuming they're still running, the train can be used to quickly travel around the section of New Tokyo you currently inhabit. I'm going to be handwaving it slightly (think flight paths in WoW or Aetheryte points in ff14) because I don't quite have a map in mind for this place. The van, too, will work similarly, though likely only for return trips/story moments. This is currently undecided, but it is a potential option moving forward. Perhaps another option is being worked on that is slightly more convenient...?

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Can we take this?" Jazde asks, placing a hand over the map that Markus has. "This place is large, loud, and confusing."

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Markus nods, handing them the map. "Here, just bring it back after, alright?" He smiles. "Come back safe."

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Bring it back? Is this so-called map truly that valuable that he can't spare it? Taking the map, Mikkjal nods. Turning to his companions, he says, "Let us be off then. We have a sub-way to find."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"We will," Minha responds, nodding to the man as well before following after Mikkjal.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

A short time passes as the five of you leave the garage. You follow the path as Markus suggested and about half an hour later, you find the stairs leading down into the subway. Mikkjal leads you down into the lower levels. The stairs wind down a few floors before leading out towards a platform. There's a few metal objects that stop your progress, probably up to waist height on the average male. It might be possible to hop over it you notice as you approach.

[sblock=Time]7:07 AM, January 1st 2019.[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]Image[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]It's been a half hour since Kuemon scared those pedestrians out of the station. The station is in disarray, a garbage can was knocked over and its contents were strewn about across the entrance way. There's a stairway across from you, and a staff entrance to your left.[/sblock]

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"This is the sub way?" Jazde asks, unsure. It looks nothing like I had thought.

She slips over the strange barriers, clutching her spear close.

[sblock=OOC]Are there other people here? Or no?[/sblock]

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

[sblock=OOC]It's eerily quiet. No one around to your knowledge.[/sblock]

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"I guess so," Gwenlyn says to Jadze as she too jumps the strange barriers.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"It hardly looks as that man described it," Mikkjal remarks, slipping over the metallic barrier. "Perhaps this is simply its stable." Yet with a surprisingly lack of stablehands.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Jazde begins to slowly step through the metallic chamber, listening for the sounds of fighting. No big orc here, she considers. Hanzo? Was that his name?

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Finally, you hear the echo of chatter from downstairs. It's a little muddled, but you are able to hear most of it. "Come on, Hanzo. Where is this beast you're looking for? Did it run off?" You hear a metallic sounding object being kicked across the room, coming from downstairs. "Tell me, or I'll tell Sayoko-sama that you're a fraud."

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Beast? They must plague this land, too. The spearwoman continues to step toward the source of the voices, her spear at the ready. "I think who we seek may be ahead. Be careful — this Hanzo has company."

GingerGiant
Registered for: 5 years 1 month

Post by GingerGiant »

Hanzo sighs heavily, before looking up from his newspaper. "Company. Consider yourself lucky Markus' help arrived before the beast decided to eat you, Ueno. Let's make introductions." Hanzo glances around before standing and approaching the party.

The orc known as Hanzo stands 7 feet tall, and his shoulders are nearly half as wide. He is a veritable mountain of muscle, covered in a mosaic of purposefully formed metal plate armor and repurposed signage. Strapped behind hanzo's right shoulder is a halberd; its head is wrapped in barbed wire, and appears to be connected to a hidden battery. Olive-green skin clads his arms and body where metal does not, and his scarred head sprouts a mane of thick dreadlocks, though they could just as well be quills or spines given their rigidity. A bright pink bracelet bearing the symbol of a white cat's head stands out against Hanzo's otherwise ferocious visage: his coveted Hello Kitty watch.

Upon spotting the party (and recognizing they are warriors), Hanzo bows slightly and announces, "I am Shinkansen Hanzo, the Subway Striker; Conductor of the Pain Train," before standing up straight. Hanzo points at Ueno, "This is my dog, Ueno Kuemon. Please ignore his barking; he does it when he is scared."

[sblock=Ueno Kuamon's Appearance]Ueno is human, about 6' tall. He wears a white dress shirt and dark jacketed suit, which only slightly conceals the bullet proof vest underneath. Ueno's brown hairline is receding, and his lip is home to an average mustache.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mechanics]Perception, to spot the monster. 8(1d20) +16 = 24[/sblock]

Last edited by GingerGiant on Thu May 09, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active Characters
[SHOW]
Abal ir Ianic, the Chain
Dolorian Antov: Hero, Soldier, Explorer!
Shinkansen Hanzo, the Subway Striker
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The spearwoman bows her head deferentially, though her eyes don't leave Hanzo and his weapon.

"Well met. I am Jazde, of the Jomuun. And these are my friends." She gestures towards the others with her off-hand before peering around, confusedly. "Where is our quarry?"

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

The six of you speak together as your senses go off, Hanzo. The rest of you see Hanzo wince and react to unseen stimuli.

[sblock=Hanzo]Normally your intuition only gives you brief glimpses and ideas of where they are, but you're suddenly flooded with information as if your head's been filled with static noise. Its an indescribable feeling, yet so clear. You're surrounded, and not by the monster you thought you were hunting.[/sblock]

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
GingerGiant

Post by GingerGiant »

Hanzo wheels into a defensive posture, brandishes his halberd, and warns, "I fear we are surrounded by the beast. Be prepared for anything." Hanzo's eyes dart around the station, scanning for unlikely points of egress. Where are you hiding? Are you in the walls? Hanzo's thumb finds the switch on his halberd, and it begins to hum with electricity. Hanzo touches the halberd's head to the nearest point of the wall with exposed metal - a vent, grate, bolt, or sign.

Active Characters
[SHOW]
Abal ir Ianic, the Chain
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Good to meet you, Hanzo. I am Mikkjal, son of Geir, born under Violet. Though I suppose that means little to you," the snow elf says, smiling politely at their new orcish companion. He watches with interest as the orc seems to react to some unseen force and speak of a beast. "Surrounding us? This must be some large beast." Or maybe it is this elusive sub-way.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"What does such a thing resemble?" Jazde asks, her eyes peeled. She watches their back as she steps closer to the others, both hands on her greatspear.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Gwenlyn Aera of the Heirs of Starlight," Gwenlyn says joining the introductions. "A beast down here? This is my first time in a subway but it doesn't look like there's much fresh food for it to eat down here," she says looking around the platform.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

[sblock=OOC]If I may, can I get each person's Initiative, please?[/sblock]

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

[sblock=Mechanics]Initiative: 11(1d20) +9 = 20[/sblock]

GingerGiant

Post by GingerGiant »

[sblock=Mechanics]Initiative (7)10(1d20) = 10, 17 without external mods[/sblock]

Active Characters
[SHOW]
Abal ir Ianic, the Chain
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

[sblock=Mechanics]Init: 15(1d20) +10 = 25

Starting position preferably towards the front of where we're at[/sblock]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

[sblock=Mechanics]Initiative: 3(1d20) +6 = 9 woo...

And I'll go behind the melee dudes[/sblock]

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

[sblock=OOC]Initiative: 27, pet matches mine as well[/sblock]

Last bumped by FinalTemplar on Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:01 pm.