Out of Time IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Out of Time IC

Post by FinalTemplar »

A red star shines brightly in the night sky, taunting the moon with it's burning crimson. Far below, citizens across the crater live in fear of the coming destruction.

The star is being drawn into the planet by the evil wizard Malegoth, who has been raiding small towns and villages for months. Of the few adventurers that currently exist, the five of you are the only ones ready and able to answer the call.

Your final leave of the town was a sad moment indeed. Being members of the adventurer's guild, you were all relatively well known, and this was being referred to as the final fight for humanity.

In just a short amount of time, with the help of the Elves, the humans have grown in power quickly, rising up to almost rival them. The Children of the Stars warned you on your way out of Malegoth's power, Inquisitor Toth informed you that even though you were the last hope, your mission was most definitely suicide. "May the guiding moon be with you, heroes." were his last words to you and rung through your minds as you walked through the front gates. Finally, you now make camp on the ridge outside Malegoth's tower, a massive obsidian spike which seemed to pulsate with energy in the evening's crimson glow.

Your final dawn is upon you, heroes. The five of you sit around the campfire as friends and allies. A somber feeling washes over you now as the finality of things sinks in.

[sblock=Who, Where, When?]You're currently on a ridge that looks over Malegoth's tower, and it's the middle of the night (with the light emanating from the red star simulating day-time). The ring around the tower appears like it was crudely terraformed using magic. Sharp pointed rocks jut out of the cliff face at random angles and positions with a single path leading down into the smaller crater around his tower. The tower itself is at least a few miles high with a spiky, sinister appearance. The ground within the smaller crater is cracked with small inky black pools that show up periodically. There is a low hum that sounds like distant singing voices that breaks the silence ever so slightly. They're just loud enough that you can hear them, but you can't discern words. Possibly elvish in origin.[/sblock]

Last edited by FinalTemplar on Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: Out of Time IC

Post by Scratcherclaw »

From upon the cliff, Mikkjal stares upon the colossal tower in a combination of awe, fear, and disgust. On the eve before the final dawn, he finds himself gazing at the sky around the tower, filled with a sense of sorrow. Long had he looked to the Auroras of his homeland for a sense of joy and security, but here he had little more than the red star of impending doom. Though I may be far from your embrace, please watch over us all, Aurora. And guide our spirits wherever they walk. I know your reach extends far beyond our home, the man thinks, hoping to quell the unease brewing within his gut.

Nonetheless, it's something that must be done. And something that only he and his companions can do. Something that can give the realm a chance at survival, however slim. As a child, duty was instilled in him from an early age. And the morrow would be no different. A fulfillment of duty... A sacrifice for the greater good.

Though the mood is quite dire, it inevitably serves to make Mikkjal less-than-confident in their already-slim chances. Hoping to lighten the mood for his own sake, he stares into the fire, plainly saying, "I wonder if the inside of his tower has as many spikes as the outside. Do you think his furniture has them?" He smirks for a moment, imagining a jet-black loveseat adorned with half a dozen jutting spikes, where Malegoth enjoys his tea every morning.Black tea, knowing him.

After a moment of silence, he remarks, "I'm sorry. I know the stakes are high and we probably won't see beyond this dawn, but I just can't sit around here thinking only of dread and sorrow. And regret." He looks around at the faces of his companions, his friends, hoping one of them would break the silence as well.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

The view from the ridge is unlike anything that Minha had ever seen before. The night sky, typically dark and tranquil, obstructed and illuminated by the massive star crashing towards the earth. The tower, like her own but so much more massive, looming in the distance. She thinks of her home, her people that she is fighting to protect, the Temple to the Sun in all its splendor. The sight before her only causes grief at the thought that her own tower might someday become like the blackened and twisted structure before her eyes, should anything even remain standing after the star's descent.

The mood is cut by the sound of speech, her companion's joke a ray in the darkness. Against her mood she laughs, amused both at the joke itself and the fact that Mikkjal is able to see humor in even the darkest of situations. "Do not apologize, young one," she says, as his joy is replaced by his words of remorse. "Laughter is a sunbeam of the soul, and we will need many more if we are to survive what comes ahead," the woman continues with a half smile.

Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

As Gwenlyn stares up at the tower she is filled with an immense sense of purpose and determination. This is it. Come tomorrow we either succeed or we fail, she thinks.

"What about just the number or rooms there must been in that tower?" She asks, turning to Mikkjal. "There must be hundreds if not thousands in a tower so tall. A lot of space for one man," she says, joining him in lightening the mood somewhat. Each one could be our grave, she thinks, the sombreness of the situation returning to her almost instantly.

"Anyone else hear that or am I going crazy already?" She asks the group, referencing the almost songlike hum. "I wonder if it's actually words or just sounds that way."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Jazde lays on her back, staring into the sky. Is it even possible to stop such a thing? She watches the crimson streak, growing ever so slightly larger over the course of the night. If there is, I will find it.

The woman cracks a grin at Mikkjal's question. "Why does one man need a tower as mighty as this?" she asks noone in particular. "Perhaps he is seeking balance, of sorts. A life of insufficiency corrected by such an edifice."

She snickers, but sits up straight at the younger woman's question. "Hear what?" Jazde asks, cocking her head toward the tower. What... is that?

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

As a silence drops over the group again, the singing finally seems to quiet down and stop, as if coming to the end of the song. The moon starts to descend and the sun begins to rise in the distance, and the roar of a dragon even further off is apparent. A sense of urgency may fall over you as you know time runs short.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"It's... here," Jazde says quietly and mostly to herself. The sound of a far off dragon causes her to perk up, beads of sweat running down her temples. The last twilight.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Aye," Mikkjal remarks plainly as the dragon's roar echoes through the realm. Though he was used to such a sound, having grown up in close proximity to the Northern Dragon, it nevertheless fills him with unease. "I suppose it's now or never. Malegoth won't halt his plans so we can each speak our last lengthy monologues." If I'm to meet my doom, I'd rather not have to wait around for it anyways.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"I'm ready."

Jazde stands up, brushing the dirt off her spear as she does. Turning to the others around her, she offers them a wan smile. "If I should fall, or we should fail, I want you all to know that making this journey alongside you has meant something to me beyond words."

Her eyes well, but she sheds no tear. "Don't give up. We can do this. We have to do this."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Do not fret," Minha continues, a smile growing across her face at the sight of the coming dawn, despite the gravity of the situation. "The sun is with us now. It will not allow such darkness to prevail when its brilliant light still shines upon us," she continues, rising to her feet with confidence in their mission. We are the righteous, we will surely succeed.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Whatever happens, we fight as one," Mikkjal remarks as the group begins to psych itself up for the coming events. "Our bonds and our strength leave us a force to be reckoned with." Looking towards the north, where his home would lie miles upon miles away, he adds, "And we fight with the strength of our homes as well. Our friends and families and gods." My blade is ready. For the Fjóssons. For Hyljavik. For Aurora.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

The four of you make your way down the side of the cliff, the path which you guys could see was relatively safe, surprisingly. As you approach the front steps, a bolt of lightning strikes the ground behind you. Behind you is a group of four, identical copies of you standing beaten and broken, looking at you.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"A magician's trick!" Minha claims, as the doppelgangers appear behind them. She readies her staff, expecting a fight, before shouting out, "you do not fool anyone with your appearance. You will not prevent us from slaying Malegoth!"

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Well, I've certainly seen better days," Mikkjal utters, eyeing his worse-for-wear clone. A trick? Or something even stranger at work? Who's to know? Seeing Minha ready herself for a battle, he adds, "You'd best state your business, selves, before this one adds injury to injury."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Don't lose sight of which is the real us," Jazde warns her allies quietly. "Look at their clothes — they're different. Just stay your distance from them." She holds her spear in front of her, ready to put the false images down should they assault her.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

The alternate versions of yourselves take a half step back, seemingly also confused. Mikkjal's clone is the first to speak.

"Wait! We're you, but... From the future. I think? Its hard to explain." He said softly, looking around. "Aah, yes. I understand now." He smiled. "Be careful, Malegoth is a formidable foe."

Last edited by FinalTemplar on Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Well, I suppose stranger things have happened," Mikkjal remarks with a shrug as his doppelganger proclaims the temporal situation. "I don't suppose you could give up any pointers, right? Or at the very least explain how you came to be here," he adds, eager to milk his future-self for as much information as possible. It's not everyday you get to talk to yourself. Well, besides these thoughts right now. This doesn't count.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Future-Mikkjal thought quietly for a moment. "Well... Most of it is, unfortunately, something you'll have to figure out on your own. When you arrive in the future, you'll meet a weakened man who will offer you assistance. Be wary, but he will help you." Mikkjal smiled at his past self. "Is there anything specific you wish to know? The most clear answer to your other question is you... Should survive this fight."

The star seems to get brighter as you speak together.

Last edited by FinalTemplar on Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Jazde stands tall as she listens on, confused by the mirror image of Mikkjal's words. Could this be... real?

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Insight check to see if Jazde can tell if Future-Mikkjal is telling the truth or not:5(1d20) +12 = 17

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

The singing from the night before picks up again as the two Mikkjals talk. Jazde's double holds her spear aloft, and even from a short distance its obvious that its the same, with details even you were sure Malegoth wouldn't know.

Jazde
[SHOW]

You think you hear no lie in Mikkjal's double's voice, you have no reason to suspect they're lying.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Your spear," Jazde says, raising her own to compare the finest details. "It's... it's really you. Or me." She looks the weary mirrors up and down, taking in their beaten composure. "Did we win?"

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Jazde's clone walks forward, only steps from her now as she shakes her head. "Not quite. There's only one thing left to do." F-Jazde reaches out a closed fist, as if to hand something to her past self. "Take this, and keep it safe." She smiles softly. "Never. Stop. Fighting. No matter what you must sacrifice."

Jazde
[SHOW]

In F-Jazde's hand is a bone-tooth necklace, one of the few things you and your father had made together. You had assumed it was lost in the chaos, but here it is.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Could it really be... us? Minha looks on, still unconvinced that the beings before her are truly future versions of themselves and not convincing doppelgangers. Malegoth is too arrogant to learn the scriptures. A convincing clone would likely not know theses verses.

Stepping forward, she looks to her own copy and says, "How happy is the blameless vestal's lot. The world forgetting, by the world forgot."

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

F-Minha stepped forward, placing a hand over her heart and, almost as if on memorization, started to speak: "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned." She finishes and nods at her past self.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"So you speak true!" the woman says, her eyes lit up somewhat as her other self correctly completes the verse. "Pray tell, what becomes of this valley? Do we stop the star? Is the sun's light still shining in your future?"

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Jazde takes the necklace, thought lost in the raid on her people by Malegoth himself. She looks it over for a moment, before giving a firm nod to her clone.

"No matter what I must sacrifice," she repeats.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

F-Minha shakes her head solemnly, unable to respond to her past self, before looking back up at the star as it continues to approach.

F-Jazde wipes a tear from her eye as she quietly embraces herself. Though it's not painful, there is definitely an odd jolt that comes from the contact. "There is so much we wish to tell you, but there is so little time. Malegoth is chanting his ritual as we speak, and we --... you must stop him." She slowly pulled away. "You make our family proud. Past, and future."

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"I will," Jazde says, still tingling from the strange jolt. "I will make us proud."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Gwenlyn looks over the future version of herself. I guess it's no trick, she thinks as the others appear to verify their counterpart's identities. She tries to see if any form of magic is what brought them here from the future.

"There must be something you can tell us that will help us fight Malegoth?" She asks, not happy with F-Mikkjal's vague words. "What would you do differently if you were about to face him again?"

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Arcana check to sense magic on the future versions of the party: 9(1d20) +22 = 31

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

F-Gwenlyn chewed on her lip. She shook her head. "He has five lieutenants with him. They're just there to distract you, but... You see, if we tell you too much it might break the time flow even further. We have to be careful."

Gwenlyn
[SHOW]

There is a large anomaly about the clones, as if at any moment they could suddenly disappear, but they appear to be real flesh and blood copies of yourselves. You can tell they're not being forced to keep quiet, but due to the imminent threat they don't have enough time to tell you what you need to know.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

I suppose there's comfort in the fact that we'll survive this, Mikkjal thinks on his future-self's words while his companions speak with theirs. "Well if there is little else to tell us, then we had better get to it. But I won't ever forget this. Thank you for the encouragement we needed.... us," he replies, his last word falling awkward as the mild confusion once more sets in. This will never not be weird.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

F-Mikkjal nods, before looking down at his right wrist. "It's time to go, indeed." He nodded at their past selves. "Hurry!" A crack of thunder sparked off of the red star as it continued to descend. As the four of you turn and run towards the stairs, F-Mikkjal lets out a gasp and shouts. "Mikkjal! Don't forget to get a watch!" He shouts at his past self, pointing at the device on his wrist.

The hum starts to get louder as lightning begins to strike more frequently, dust and debris rising up into the air as rocks start to break and shatter. You run into a long thin hallway, a red glow coming from an open archway ahead of you.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Mikkjal looks at future self in confusion at his last comments. "What's a watch?" he mumbles quietly to his actual self. Like keeping watch overnight? That hardly makes sense. Perhaps time will tell. The thought continues to gnaw away at him as they walk. Striding down the long, and seemingly endless, hallway, Mikkjal turns to his companions and remarks, "Any of you know what a watch is?"

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Not a clue," Jazde says as they edge forward through the corridor. "I suppose we'll know when we find one." She grips her spear with white knuckles, eyeing the glowing archway ahead.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"He already has a watch, I've spent many days standing watch at the Temple to the Sun," Minha responds, happy to aid in their understanding. "Five lieutenants," she repeats, looking back to the others. "And meant to distract us. This is good information. We shall endeavor to ignore these people," she responds.

TauNeutrino
Registered for: 5 years 1 month

Post by TauNeutrino »

Cynthia nods her head. "Ignore the lieutenants, slay Malegoth, then clean up. Sounds like a better plan than none at all. If a ritual is being completed, we'd best hurry." She looks up at the tower in awe, wonder, and fear. "I'd like to take comfort in the fact that he must hide in such a tower. Looking at it, I don't feel comfortable at all." Cynthia's eyes darken to a light purple as the Chord speaks through her. "We know we survive. That means we can take risks. We can use this.", they say as Cynthia nods. "Time is of the essence. We should move as soon as we can." She nods to the doppelganger: "That is, if you - I? - we?'d advise it." Are there four of us now, or is it just the three?

Last edited by TauNeutrino on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

The long hallway seems to lengthen and shorten with each step, the red glow getting slowly brighter as you walk. From the room ahead, you hear a man chanting now, possibly in elvish. Outside you hear the cracking of lightning hitting the ground. You walk into the room now, seeing that the tower is tall and hallow. The room you're in is about 60 feet across from the door to the far end, at the 30 foot mark the floor falls off into a seeming-abyss. About 20 feet up from the pit is a platform, and from the door you can see a red pulsating orb and behind the orb is Malegoth, partially obscured by it.

Out from behind him walks five brightly armored soldiers, each bearing a distinct color. They laugh in synch before they start to talk.

"We're the Psycho rangers." The one in Red says.
"We're faster than you." Continues the one armored in black.
"Smarter than you." Says the blue.
"Stronger than you." Says the yellow.
"But we're evil!" The pink one finishes as they leap from the balcony, landing with grace and power. In turn, they each stand and shout:
Red strikes a pose. "Psycho Red!"
Black strikes a pose. "Psycho Black!"
Blue strikes a pose. "Psycho Blue!"
Yellow strikes a pose. "Psycho Yellow!"
Pink strikes a pose. "Psycho Pink!"
"Now it's time to show you what a real Adventurer can do!" The Red Psycho Ranger shouts as they draw their weapons and begin to walk forwards.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Roll initiative.

Description of the Room
[SHOW]

The room is a huge circle, nearly 60 feet from the door behind you to the far end of the room. The floor is completely empty, save for the hole behind where the Psycho Rangers landed (back half of the room). The rangers are standing in the order of: Black, Pink, Red, Yellow, Blue, from left to right. 20 feet above the hole is a platform (which by easy observation lifted up from where the hole is now, so same size) holds Malegoth and a large red orb which looks like a smaller version of the red star.

Map
[SHOW]

Last edited by FinalTemplar on Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"But are you braver?" Jazde asks, brandishing her spear and stepping forward to meet the lieutenants. "Come down here and find out."

Intiative
[SHOW]

11(1d20) +9 = 20

Jazde stands off to the side, getting ready to use her charge spam.

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Jazde

Female Longtooth Shifter Barbarian 11
Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 164 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +9
Passive Perception: 26
Passive Insight: 22
Senses: Low-light Vision

AC: 28
Fort: 25
Reflex: 24
Will: 19
HP: 89/89
Bloodied: 44
Surge Value: 22
Surges left: 10/10
Action Points: 1

MBA: 1d20+19, 1d10+11
RBA: 1d20+9, 1d4+4

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Savage Reach
Howling Strike

Second Wind []
Wind Fury Assault []
Longtooth Shifting []
Swift Charge []
Desperate Fury []
Shrug it Off []
Brutal Slam []
Run Rampant []
Curtain of Steel []
Call to the Moon []

Tyrant's Rage[]
Rage of the Crimson Hurricane []
Rage Strike []
Oak Hammer Rage []
Deny Death []
Marauder's Hide Armor +3 []
Periapt of Cascading Health +2 [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Rageblood Vigor: When I drop an enemy to 0, I gain 7 THP.
Go for the Throat: Hits against prone enemies deal +1d6 damage.
Hunter Action: When AP-attacking, I can shift 2 squares as a free action before or after attack.
Deadly Rage: +1 to damage while raging.
Gorebrute Charge: When under my Longtooth Shifting effect, I gain a +3 damage to charge attacks.
Polearm Flanker: I can flank on my attacks from 2 squares away.
Reckless Charge: I can take a -2 to AC til start of my next turn to gain a +1 bonus to a charge attack.
Spear Expertise: +1 to damage while charging.
Polearm Gamble: When an enemy enters a square adjacent to me, I can make an OA but grant CA to that enemy til end of its turn.
Elemental Origin: I am considered to be of elemental origin.
Windlord Level 5 Feature: When an effect grants my flight, I can fly 1 additional square. When I use my second wind, I can push each adjacent creature 1 square.
Windlord Level 10 Feature: When I hit with Wind Fury Assault, I can slide the target 6 squares.

Magic Greatspear +3: Crits are +3d6 damage.
Marauder's Hide Armor +3: Charging gives +2 to AC til end of my next turn.
Horned Helm: Charge attacks deal +1d6 damage.
Boots of Adept Charging: After charging I can shift 1 square before the end of my turn.
Belt of Feral Might: When I gain THP from Rageblood Vigor, I can add +6, for a total of 13 THP.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"If you were truly smarter, you'd have realized how foolish you lots look right now," Mikkjal remarks, having to stifle a laugh at the soldiers' exuberant display. Drawing his blade, he thinks, I'd imagine they're the distractions. No one could ignore the colors on those outfits.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Init: 15(1d20) +10 = 25

Starting position: somewhere towards the frontlines

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Mikkjal

Male Vryloka Hexblade 11
Languages: Elvish, Common, Draconic
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 195 lbs.

Speed: 8 (7 when bloodied)
Initiative: +10
Passive Perception: 16
Passive Insight: 14

AC: 27
Fort: 21
Reflex: 24
Will: 25
HP: 76/76
Bloodied: 38
Surge Value: 19 (17 when bloodied)
Surges left: 8/8

MBA (Icy Skewer): +19 vs AC, 1d10+22 Cold Dmg (+1 atk & dmg w/ CA; +1 atk after Inevitable Strike; +2 dmg vs bloodied; +2 to all defenses against target til EONT)
RBA (Eldritch Bolt): +16 vs Ref, 1d10+15 Force Dmg (+1 atk & dmg w/ CA; +2 dmg vs bloodied)

Resistances:
Necrotic 10
Cold 10
All 4 (when bloodied)

Vulnerabilities: None

Saves: None

Active Effects:
+5 to bluff to say I'm human

Powers:

Eldritch Bolt
Soul Step
Icy Skewer
Ethereal Sidestep
Acrobat Boots

Second Wind []
Inevitable Strike []
Lifeblood []
Piercing Shard [][]
Ethereal Stride []
Winter's Retributive Escape []
Blinding Beacon []
Mercurial Mind [_]

Prophecy of Zhudun []
Lesser Planar Ally []
Tentacles of Cryonax []
Tentacles of Cryonax Secondary Power []
Dark One's Own Luck []
Summon Warlock's Ally []
Accurate rod of Beguiling +2 []
Talon Amulet +1 []
Bottled Twilight [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class Features
Fey Pact Reward: You gain a bonus to the damage rolls of your warlock and warlock paragon path attack powers. The bonus equals 2 + your Dexterity modifier (+5).

Feywild Wake: When you leave a square by teleporting, you become invisible to all enemies adjacent to the square you left until the start of your next turn.

Mercurial Action: When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you also gain a move action and your speed increases by 1 until the end of your turn.

Racial Features
Elemental Origin: For the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin, you are considered to be an elemental.

Blood Dependency: When you are bloodied, your healing surge value drops by 2.

Human Heritage: You gain a +5 racial bonus to Bluff checks made to pass as a human.

Living Dead: If a power has different effects on living creatures and undead creatures, you choose which effect applies to you.

Necrotic Resistance: You have a necrotic resistance equal to 5 + one-half your level.

Theme Features
Ironwrought Starting Feature: Your origin becomes elemental. You gain a +1 power bonus to Athletics checks and Endurance checks. Whenever you use your second wind power, this bonus increases to +4 until the end of your next turn.

Ironwrought Level 5 Feature: While you are bloodied, you have resist 4 to all damage.

Ironwrought Level 10 Feature: Whenever you use inevitable strike, you gain a +1 power bonus to melee weapon attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Feats
Wintertouched: When attacking a creature that is vulnerable to cold, you gain combat advantage when you use a power that has the cold keyword.

Silvery Glow: You gain a +3 feat bonus to damage rolls with cold powers and radiant powers.

Improved Defenses: You gain a +2 feat bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will.

White Lotus Riposte: When an enemy you hit with an arcane at-will attack power attacks you before the start of your next turn, that enemy takes 6 damage of the same type the attack power deals.

Nimble Blade: When you attack with a light blade and you have combat advantage, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls.

Rod Expertise: You gain a +2 feat bonus to implement attack rolls that you make with a rod. When you hold a rod, you gain a +1 shield bonus to AC and Reflex.

Lasting Frost: Once per turn, the first target you hit with a power that has the cold keyword gains vulnerable 5 cold after the attack. The vulnerability lasts until the end of your next turn.

Item Features
Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier): You gain a +2 item bonus to melee damage rolls.

Acrobat Boots (heroic tier): You gain a +1 item bonus to Acrobatics checks.

Accurate rod of Beguiling +2: You gain a +2 item bonus to Bluff checks, Diplomacy checks, and Intimidate checks.

Crimson Determination (heroic tier): You gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls against bloodied targets.

Talon Amulet +1: You gain a +1 item bonus to damage rolls when you have combat advantage.

Gloves of Ice (paragon tier): Your cold attacks gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls, or your cold attacks ignore 5 of the target's resistance to cold. You can switch between properties as a minor action.

Mercurial Mind (heroic tier): While you are not bloodied, you gain a +1 item bonus to speed.

TauNeutrino

Post by TauNeutrino »

"Remember, we just want to disable them and get past so we can get to Malegoth!"
She stands in the middle of the group.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Init: 18(1d20) +11 = 29

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Cynthia
Female Tiefling Ardent|Bard 11
Languages: Common, Elven, Draconic
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 160 lbs.

Speed: 5
Initiative: +11
Passive Perception: 16
Passive Insight: 16

AC: 28
Fort: 26
Reflex: 22
Will: 28
HP: 84/84
Bloodied: 42
Surge Value: 21
Surges left: 10/10

MBA: 1d20+11, 1d4+1
RBA: 1d20+12, 1d4+2

Resistances:
10 fire.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Ire Strike
Staggering Note
Forward-Thinking Cut

Second Wind []
Guidance of the Past []
Infernal Wrath []
Ardent Surge []
Majestic Word []
Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade []
Victorious Smite []
Sympathetic Agony []
Revitalizing Incantation [_]

Tune of Ice and Wind[]
Lamb to the Slaughter []
Passage of Swords []
Time Jaunt []
Boots of the Fencing Master [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Virtue of Valor + Inspire by Word: Once per round when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or kills an enemy, I can grant them and myself 9 THP.
Inspire by Word: When I bloody or kill an enemy, I grant 11 THP to an ally within 10 squares
Inspire by Example: When I spend an AP, allies within 5 squares get +6 to attack and damage rolls until EoNT.
Mantle of Elation (Hybrid): I and allies within 5 squares get +6 to damage rolls for OAs and allies within 5 squares get a +2 bonus to Diplomacy and Intimidate.
Bloodhunt: +1 to attack rolls against bloodied enemies
Imperious Majesty: When I hit a creature that hasn’t yet acted in the encounter, they get -6 to attack rolls against me until EoNT.
Tail Slide: When I shift, I can slide an enemy adjacent to me 1 square.
Battle Song Expertise: +1 to number of squares of forced movement with Bard/War Chanter attacks.

Ghost of the Past Level 5 Feature: The first time I use guidance of the past on a history check in an encounter, I don’t expend it.
Ghost of the Past Level 10 Feature: Whenever I use an AP, I can use guidance of the past with that action even if I’ve already expended it.

Rhythm Blade Dagger +2: Crits are +2d6 damage.
Boots of the Fencing Master: Shifting gives me +1 AC and Reflex until EoNT.
Bracers of Mental Might: 1/encounter, use Charisma instead of Strength for a Strength attack roll.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Minha watches as the five colorful characters give their speech and leap forward to fight them. We shall ignore these strange figures, as the other versions of us commanded. She readies her staff, eager to reach Malegoth hastily.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Initiative: 13

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"That's a nice routine you've got there," Gwenlyn says to their opponents. "We've spent our time training to fight not pose."

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Initiative: 7(1d20) +6 = 13

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Round one: Fight!
You're up: Psycho Red, Cynthia, Mikkjal, Psycho Blue!

Psycho Red charges at Mikkjal, bringing his greatsword down on the elf. Psycho Blue runs at Minha, swinging his axe.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Pyscho Sword - 8(1d20) +20 = 28; 11(3d6) +8 = 19 (If 28 hits Mikkjal, 19 damage)
Psycho Axe -18(1d20) +16 = 34; 3(2d6) +5 = 8 (If 34 hits Minha, 8 damage)

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
TauNeutrino

Post by TauNeutrino »

Cynthia's sights are on taking down Malegoth and stopping whatever sinister ritual he's planning immediately. She strikes her daggers together and a clanging sound comes out as bitter cold wind tears at the flesh of Psycho Rangers Red and Blue and guiding winds fling Mikkjal and Minha towards the dark wizard. She then flies into a war chant, thundering words making her allies' weapons strike true. Her emotive energy surges, dragging the dark wizard toward the party's outstretched blades. "Your terror shall continue no more, villain!"

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Use Action Point: (+6 to attack and damage rolls for allies until EoNT)

Standard: Tune of Ice and Wind on Psycho Rangers Red and Blue, Mikkjal, and Minha.
16(1d20) +15 = 31 vs Will of Psycho Ranger 1; on a hit, 5(2d6) +8 = 13 damage and slowed (save ends), as well as taking -6 to hit me until EoNT. If this misses, instead deal 6 damage and slow EoNT.
14(1d20) +15 = 29 vs Will of Psycho Ranger 2; on a hit, 5(2d6) +8 = 13 damage and slowed (save ends), as well as taking -6 to hit me until EoNT. If this misses, instead deal 6 damage and slow EoNT.
Effect: Mikkjal and Minha are slid up in adjacent squares 20 feet closer to the platform Malegoth is on.

Move: Move towards Malegoth, provoking from the Red Ranger, and arriving 15 feet away from the archwizard.

Minor: Ardent Surge on myself if I take more than 25 damage, which will give me +1 to the following attack roll:

AP Standard: Passage of Swords on Malegoth
Free action: Guidance of the Past, not expended on AP attack
14(2d20.takehighest(2)) +18 = 32 vs Will; on a hit, Malegoth is dazed (save ends).
Effect: Malegoth is pulled up to 30 feet off the platform and adjacent to Minha and Mikkjal, who each get to make a melee basic attack against him as a free action with a +6 power bonus to the damage roll.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

As Cynthia shuffles the board around, Psycho Red gets a swing off on her as she runs past, but misses as his sword swings harmlessly past her. Her spell then sends Malegoth flying, the orb he was chanting to starts to shimmer and grow faint as he slides through it, nearly cracking his skull. He catches the edge of the platform before falling into the abyss, however, and hangs there limply. "You... cannot... kill... God himself!" He shouts back at them. "Your world will die!" He says, and starts to laugh at them. He lets go as the tower starts to crumble, he lets himself fall into the pit and begins to fade as if he was never there to begin with. The five of you start to glow blue and float into the air as the tower collapses around you, and the world fades to black.

You feel a sense of falling. Your eyes open to a black void, so dark that you can't tell a difference between having your eyes closed or opened. Suddenly, images of people you know and people who you've never seen before appear before your eyes, your friends nowhere in sight as you literally watch time fly by. Years become seconds as you continue to fall, and then there's blackness again. Falling, falling, falling, falling. Wait, there's now wind flying by your face. It feels welcome as compared to the eternity of nothing you experienced previously. Your eyes open to a rapidly approaching ground, and suddenly, you hit.

Jazde got the worst of it, hitting a sign on the way down and slicing her arm. After a moment, a thin, feeble man walks up to the party. Clapping and whistling lightly.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

He calls himself a god? Jazde burns hot as the man hangs from the ledge. She begins to rush forward, ready and willing to deliver the final blow, even if it'd cost her everything.

But the chance slips past.

Darkness envelops Jazde's mind as she falls forever, and then some. An existence devoid of any sensory input is shattered when she slams hard into the ground. The color creeps back into her eyes, and a stinging pain lances up from her arm. Where the hell am I?

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Minha chooses a target from the contemptible group, eager to end their lives and move onto the bigger target. However, before she can act she finds herself caught in an endless void, falling for what seems like eternity. She is initially terrified, the pure blackness of the void so counter to the Sun's rays that she had enjoyed all of her many years of life. Over time, though - much, much time - the fear fades and is replaced by the sheer boredom that accompanies true endlessness.

And then, suddenly, it ends. The falling is interrupted by the ground, and the wind is knocked out of the woman. The boredom is replaced by pain, initially, and shortly after by confusion. Where could they be? Why does everything look so alien... and who is this man?

OOC
[SHOW]

What exactly do we see? Are we in like an intersection? A park? Are there skyscrapers? Etc

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

OOC
[SHOW]

You are in the middle of an empty street. It's definitely middle of the night, there are a handful of skyscrapers around and a couple of the buildings near you have signs that say "Happy New Year". I'm going to handwave it as common/elvish for ease of use. The sign that Jazde caught on her way down said "Recently tripped and fell a long distance? Perhaps even you could make some money out of it! Call generic 1-800 number now for a FREE* consultation."

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Gwenlyn barely has a chance to react before Malegoth is thrown over the edge by Cynthia and the group is catapulted through the void. Landing abruptly, she lies on the ground for a moment catching her breath before slowly standing herself up and dusting herself off.

"Another one of Malegoth's tricks?" She asks softly to no one in particular, as she surveys the strange landscape they find themselves in. As the man approaches she levels her staff at him. "Who are you stranger?!? And what is this place?" She demands.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Mikkjal watches helplessly as the tower begins to give way into a void. He looks around, curiously, noting he and his companions glowing and floating. What kind of magic is this? Then, nothing. Finally, light refills his eyes, thousands of images assaulting his sight in no way he'd ever seen before. He watches in awe and confusion, unsure of what's occurred. This comes to a swift end as he once more feels the wind. It comes with relief, but only for a moment, as he hits the ground a moment later.

With a deep breath, he shakes his head, unsure of what to make of the situation but glad his companions are still with him. He winces through the pain, attempting to shrug it off, and takes in his new landscape. Staring above, he thinks, So many lights, I've never seen anything like it... Are they stars? Or somehow buildings? I never knew they could be so tall. Ignoring the feeble man Gwyn interrogates, he pays note to the sign. "I suppose we fell a long distance, but why would anyone just shout out random numbers?"