Fortune's Favor — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by FinalTemplar »

Narciso shudders as the rain begins to set in, and nods. "To our next step, before the rain takes us all as its next prey."
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Scratcherclaw »

The rain quickens again as you depart from the gruesome scene, the crowds gradually thinning as more guardsmen cordon off the piazza. An eerie silence seems to wash over the city, only the pitter-patter of rainfall on terracotta offering a reprieve from the utter stillness in this city of good fortunes. Perhaps the weight that bad fortunes were oft more common, or perhaps the weight that you played a hand in delivering such misfortune. Only you may truly know.

You follow Ciraco and Idrig's leads through the quiet city streets, memory of your employer's home still fresh enough to return in ease. After much walking, you come to a door that the pair marks as familiar: a Tulrissian chest upon the doorplate. It's shaped as a shield, with a red and white checkerboard spread across it. Most notably, there is a green toad-like creature in its center, flanked by two halberds. The door opens with as one of you knocks.

Standing in it is a tall, muscular man, about in his early thirties. He has shoulder-length brown hair and stubble, scars painting his face. His green eyes carry a look of relief. Ciraco and Idrig recognize him as Bretz's husband. "You are returned," he says with his telltale low and gritty voice, much less apprehension than the prior meeting. He glances at Luca, Nyx, and Narciso, giving a plain nod. "Your associates, I presume. Please, come in. Dierk awaits in the parlor. I will fetch some coffee." He steps aside, allowing you to enter into the warm home, freed from the chills and the rain.

When inside, your eyes quickly adjust to the warm glow of the interior's sconces, little natural light coming through the closed curtains. To your left, you spot an alcove that appears to be a staircase to the residence's second floor. Past that, you spot what seems to be a dining room. The man closes the door behind you, disappearing into the dining room with quickened steps.

On your right, you see a parlor. The man from the door gestures towards the parlor. Entering it, you spot a short, effeminate man, wearing a somewhat frilly cream and sky blue frock. He has short yet shaggy blonde hair. He offers a warm smile as you enter. "It is good to see you well, my friends. And I see you have brought more of your numbers," he says with a soft, yet indistinguishably Tulrissian noble's accent. "My apologies, though. I have not introduced myself to your colleagues. I am Dierk Bretz, one of Gina's clients."

A few moments later, the burly man enters the room with a silvered tray. Glancing upon it, you see a coffee pot, several porcelain mugs, a small pitcher of cream, a short bowl of sugar, and a decanter containing a translucent brown liquid. He sets it down with a smirk. "Help yourself. Coffee with Tulrissian whiskey ought to stave off the chills, aye?"

Dierk simply shakes his head, smiling affectionately at the man. "Quite so. But now then, I trust you are not here simply for a social call, yes? Have you news?"
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

"Don't mind if I do," Ciraco replies to Dierk's husband, pouring himself a mug of the whisky coffee combination. "And we do. You don't have to worry about Fulke anymore," he says to Dierk, taking a sip of his drink.Not bad.

"His henchmen are still in town so maybe still be careful for a while. Although I can't see any of that rather unimpressive bunch trying to finish the job without Fulke," the mercenary adds.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"They'll likely be occupied for some time," Idrig explains, wondering just how many men it would take to move a corpse the size of Fulke. The bones in his limbs are likely shattered as well. Unwieldy to carry, most certainly.

He follows suit and prepares himself a mug of the coffee, pouring some of the whiskey inside. A strange concoction, he considers, roiling it around in the vessel with a skeptical look. Sipping it, his eyebrows raise and he nods approvingly to the beast of a man. "It's quite pleasant. Thank you."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Nyx can't help but to look towards the man in fear as he appears in the doorway before them. Once inside, however, the coziness and warmth of the home begins to ease her fears. The appearance of the much less intimidating man, and the fact these two seem to live together, causing a realization in her mind to suddenly occur. "Oh," she says quietly, more an involuntary reaction than any attempt to contribute to the conversations.

They are 'deviants.' Like me, she thinks, as it becomes clear that these men are very likely a couple, something she has never had the chance to see in such a mundane and comfortable light. If I stay in this town, maybe I could have a home just like this. And someone to share it with. She frowns, thinking back to Chjara, her first real crush, who she is sure would think her disgusting if she learned of her preference. Her frown turns to a soft smile, however, as she thinks of Alina waiting back at the estate, and her hopes to spend more time with her.

Nyx listens as the others speak, instead focusing on pouring herself a drink. She never was huge on alcohol before, but she hopes the whisky and coffee mixture will help to ease her nerves after the recent conclusion of their mission. She takes a few large sips as Ciraco and Idrig speak, finding their roundabout responses confusing for such otherwise terse men. Fueled somewhat by the drink now in her stomach, Nyx adds, "Your would-be assassin is now a puddle of blood on the street, so you're fine."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Idrig smirks at Nyx's straightforward answer. The man seemed the type to want to be spared the details, but I suppose we're past that now.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Narciso hesitantly takes a cup from the pair. He'd had coffee before, didn't really like it, but had never tried it with whiskey. After mixing the pair of drinks, a soft smile formed on his face. Giving the man a polite nod, he smiles; "Thank you, this tastes wonderful." He takes another long sip. 
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"I see," the young nobleman says, his face blanching slightly at Nyx's more grisly description. He quietly pours himself his own cup of coffee, sans whiskey, and takes a contemplative sip. He lets out an almost-relieved sigh, nodding to each of you. "That is... good then. I owe you all an immense debt of gratitude." He pauses for a moment, giving his husband a knowing glance. The largest Tulrissian returns a nod, slipping out of the room for another moment, before returning and tossing a small coinpurse onto the coffee table. It lands with a clink more akin to gems than coin.

"Dwarven coin," he says, leaning over the couch and wrapping his arms around Dierk in an embrace befitting the relief their both clearly feel. "There should be 3500 gold worth, give or take. Some collectors will pay a premium if you can find them. And distinguish them from the conmen."

"Indeed, I trust this will cover the cost of your troubles? And if his henchmen linger for too long, I may yet call upon you again. Loose ends and all, yes?"

The husband looks towards Dierk once more before towards all of you, a warm smile piercing through his intimidating exterior. "You have my thanks too. In fact," he says, stepping to the side and opening a small cabinet. Out of it, he pulls two bottles of the same whiskey sitting upon the table. He sets them down, gesturing openly towards them. "For you all to celebrate at home. And should you require more, we're not wanting for it."

Dierk cracks a smirk at the additional gift and nods. "That is true. You've saved my life. It's the least the Svartoad Distillery can do." Looking at the bottle, you see a stylized version of the same Tulrissian crest upon the label. "The tasting room will know that you are all honored guests as well, should you ever wish to visit on your downtime." He offers a warm smile, his tone both proud and gracious. "Ah, but where are my manners? You may stay here as long as you wish, or you may depart with your payment. I am certain you have all had a long day."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Ciraco's eyes light up both with the sound of the dwarven gems and the appearance of the bottles of whiskey.

Making a split second decision, he quickly steps forward to take the bag of gemstones, only trusting himself with them.

"Of course. We'd be fools to turn down repeat business," the mercenary replies to Dierk in reference to the deceased's entourage. "We may have to take you up on that," he says to the man's husband. "We have quite a well stocked supply of wine, but we're definitely lacking in other areas."

He steps back from the two men, opening up the bag and beginning to count their reward, double checking it's all there.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Idrig looks hungrily at the sack of gems, already crunching the numbers on what their payout might be. My research will be held from me no longer, if only I had enough coin to pry it free from those damned thieves.

Trusting Ciraco to count the gems — though perhaps not to share them — he instead turns his attention to the whiskey. Ah. Intangible reward. Something that helps me not. The dwarf smiles weakly, finding little interest in the gifts of Dierk and his partner. "Thank you. It is a thoughtful offer, and one we shall pass on to our benefactor as well. Speaking of, it is high time we return and inform her of our successes here." He turns to the others with an expectant look.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Narciso finishes his drink and frowns at Idrig's sudden insistence that they leave. However, he nods and puts down his cup. "Back to our benefactor we should go, yes." Narciso glances at Ciraco as he takes the bag of jewels and Narciso instead reaches out to grab one of the bottles. "I look forward to working with you again." He says with a bright smile, giving a polite bow to the pair of men as well.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Nyx's every instinct tells her to stay and converse with the men more, but the insistence of the others to leave causes her to keep quiet with her desires. I suppose I can always visit another time, she thinks, frowning slightly as it becomes clear that she will not get her wish this evening.

"Thank you," she says with a smile, as she places her cup back down on the table, now empty of its contents. "We will gladly visit again, I am sure of it," she continues, before standing and pulling her cloak tight, prepared to face the rainy outside once more.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Very well, send Gina my regards. And once more, I offer you my sincerest thanks," Dierk says with a nod, giving you all a warm smile. Setting down his cup, he stands and gives a courteous bow. His husband follows suit before leading you all to the door. "Don't be strangers. You are welcome any time," he says, waving as you exit.

The steady rainfall has yet to cease, and a cacophony of thunder tearing in from the sea proves that it will be another stormy night. Despite the downpour, there is a slight warmth to the air now as the storm intensifies, with a bitingly cool breeze slicing through the meandering streets and alleyways of Teiros. The streets are bathed in the warm glow of oil and flame, barren and yet still seemingly welcoming to those who would brave the tempest. The sharp surges of lightning over the Forelle bring a quick end to any promise of safety the soft radiance might provide.

The return to the villa is a quick one, steps steadied through the resolve to quit the storm, and through the excitement as the gemstone bag jingles with each of Ciraco's steps. You let yourselves past the gate as the rain hardens to a torrent, the soil and pavers readily becoming saturated with the onslaught of heaven-sent water. The illuminated windows of the estate beckon you, though. Solace and shelter, and more wine to fight the chill.

Entering from the villa's lower levels, a pair of servants hurriedly rush over, passing woven towels to dry yourselves with. "Welcome back, sirs and madam. Please feel free to change to dry attire. Miss Salucci has informed me your dinners will be prepared shortly. Make your way to the dining room at your earliest convenience." With this, he and his partner bow before disappearing.

Once readied, you all make your way to the dining room. Stepping inside, you see that the table has been made smaller, suitable and set for seating six. A small candelabra flickers in the middle, creating a level of intimacy. Gina stands by the room's edge, gazing out the ceiling-tall glass windows adorning the exterior wall, a glass of wine in her hand. She turns, raising a glass to you. "Welcome back, my friends. Please, take a seat. Food will be out shortly." As she says this, she makes her way toward the table, sliding into the seat at its head. "And tell me of your evening's events. I could hardly dine with the others earlier, anxiously thinking of your escapades. And so I've had the servants prepare a more intimate dinner."

Not a moment after you've taken your seats, a pair of servants exit the kitchen, one carrying a tray with six bowls of soup and the other a bottle of wine and a board with a steaming loaf of fresh bread. "Minestrone and focaccia. Brennisian remedies for a cold soul during monsoon." He places each bowl in front of you, a steaming red broth filled with an assortment of vegetables and pasta. The other places the bread towards the table's center and begins pouring wine into each glass. "And a Sangiovese, the Brennisian remedy for a cold soul no matter the time of year," she says, cracking a smirk. They both bow and return to the kitchen.

"But now, dig in and tell me everything. And then, perhaps, we may speak of plans for your next job. The Carnival rapidly approaches," she says, looking at you all expectantly with another sip of her wine.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Idrig pulls his cloak tight and walks with a haste to his step. This land rains far too much. I should find somewhere drier to continue my studies, he considers bitterly despite their recent successes. Serra. Serranak. Or deep, deep into the earth once again.

He sighs as he reaches the Salucci estate once more, taking a moment to dry himself and his hair off with the provided towels. Eager for a hot meal, he gathers in the dining room and finds a chair, taking a moment to try the food before responding to their patron's inquiry.

The cuisine is delectable, at least. Though they do rely on wine far too much in both cooking and drinking.

Dabbing his face with a napkin, he looks up at Gina. "Your associate, the Tulrissian — as we discussed in our previous meeting —  sought help in bringing down a burly assassin that his father had dispatched here. We located the man at the Crowne Royale and staged a tremendous fall from the penthouse. No others were hurt. The guards, as well as the man's lackeys, were none the wiser as our target was quite inebriated at the time of his passing. Bretz, however, was deeply thankful for our efforts. He asked that we send you his regards, I should add."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Ciraco pulls his cloak tight as they walk back through the sodden streets of Terios. The dry season can't come soon enough, he thinks as he is forced to continually adjust his gait in order to avoid the large puddles forming in the road. The villa comes as a welcome sight, even after such a short journey in this weather.

Entering the Villa's dinning room, Ciraco takes a seat towards the head of the table. He waits patiently as the servants appear and serve them their meal however, as the female servant turns to leave, he takes the unfinished bottle of wine from her and sets it on the table near his glass.

The Brennisian reaches over and grabs some of the fresh bread, the hearty meal reminding him of those in his childhood on wet and stormy nights like tonight. He listens as Idrig talks, beginning to eat as he does.

"It was as the dwarf says," he confirms once Idrig is done talking, and after pausing to swallow a mouthful of bread and soup. "And here's the payment," he adds, remembering the bag of gemstones in his pocket - pulling it out and tossing it on to the table where it lands with a satisfying clink. "Not bad for an afternoon's work," he says with a smile, reaching for his glass and taking a sip of the wine.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Nyx exits the home to find a scene she is no stranger to, with the raging storm only reminding her of similar storms that were common back home. Like the others, she makes sure to pull her cloak tightly closed, not wanting to saturate the rest of her clothing with rainwater if she can avoid it. She trudges behind the rest of the group, eager to return to the dry warmth of the Salucci estate, and hoping as well to return to the woman she'd been speaking with the night before. I wonder how her wounds are healing, she thinks as she walks, her mind wandering as they make their way back to their new home. And if she misses me...

"Thank you," she says to the servants, as they finally enter the villa and are presented with towels to dry themselves. She removes her cloak and hangs it to dry, before taking the towel to the rest of what was exposed to the elements. She finds that her shoes are completely soaked, and chooses to remove them and leave them on the floor near her hanging cloak, proceeding into the estate barefoot. The cold stone floor is a shock to the senses, but still preferable to the water-logged sandals she'd had on before.

Making their way into the dining room, Nyx takes her seat and listens as the others speak, eager as always to let Idrig and Ciraco do most of the talking. They like to talk, might as well let them take care of explanations, she thinks, as her food is delivered and she begins to dig in. She smiles as she takes her first bite of the soup-drenched focaccia, finding the meal extremely comforting after such a long and exhausting day. 
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Narciso walks back to the estate in an almost zombie-like state. The excitement of the day seems to have worn him thin, and he no longer holds that almost electrical buzz of energy that keeps him going most days.
He returns to the villa and expresses his gratitude when presented with a towel, and returns to his room briefly to change into dry clothes. He takes a moment to emotionally recover, sitting by himself quietly away from the others; something about their job today seems to have disturbed him.

After a couple of minutes, he composes himself and ventures into the dining room with the others, seemingly a little more chipper than before. He takes a seat at the table and happily lets Idrig and Ciraco explain the day's events, glancing over at their reward. He starts slowly eating the soup that was put out for him, looking up at Gina for her reaction.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Gina nods as the dwarf and Brennisian man speak, seeming to make mental notes between sips as you judge from her expression. She sets her glass down. "I see, that is good then. I would thank you as well. He is under the family's protection, so it's our duty to ensure his safety should he be threatened." She nods, sliding the gem-filled coinpurse back over to Ciraco. "I believe you've earned the right to divvy this up amongst yourselves. A reward for a job well done." She flashes a warm smile. The windows behind her illuminate with a bolt of lightning, but the warmth of the soup and gentle glow of the candlelight offer a rare sense of security in this city of chaos.

As you finish, the servants return and clear the dishes, dashing away into the nearby kitchen for washing. They reemerge not a moment later, each carrying three plates: the main course. Set down before you, you spy a thick bed of a yellow porridge-like substance. Resting atop are portions of beef covered in a reddish-brown sauce, with small sliced carrots mixed in. "Braised short ribs over creamy polenta. Enjoy."

"Thank you, Paolo, Carla. That will be all for tonight. We've the pastries from earlier should anyone crave dessert." The pair of servants nod and bow, taking their leave. Gina looks at each of you, cutting through a tender portion of the beef. "Now then, I recall your plan with the prince was rather open-ended last we spoke. Perhaps the intel I've received might persuade more concrete details from you." She pauses for a moment, taking a bite from her dish. "I've received word from Vizidel that our beloved Crown Prince has been on the prowl for women in the capital, much to his mother's chagrin. T'would seem he's quite lonesome in the palace. Well, maybe not exactly lonesome..."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Grazie bella" Ciraco says to Gina, smiling as she slides the bag of gems back over to him. He wastes no time in opening it up and counting out five equal piles of gemstones, eating the main course of their meal as he does. He pockets his own, sliding the other piles over to their new owners.

"Interesting. If anything that should make what we had planned even easier," the Brennisian says as Gina reveals what she has learned of the prince's upcoming visit. "Perhaps we can use someone as bait to ensure we get him where we want him," he adds, glancing at Nyx and Gina.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Idrig's hunger lies not in the Brennisian fare but in the gemstones that the mercenary passes across the table to him. "It is an irony, being paid in dwarven coin. But one that I am gracious for," he says, giving a saccharine smile to their patron. Another round of this and I might just have what I need to free my research from those yokels.

He listens as he eats the polenta, finding it strange but filling. The ribs he savors. "A baited hook, and the young prince will fall into our hands," Idrig agrees. "Nyx, did you not have an acquaintance who was seeking work? Perhaps she may suffice."
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Narciso nods along with the job talk, his previous excitement, and energy quickly draining away as he begins to feel his exhaustion slip back in. He perks up a bit as more food is brought over, and the talk of the gems being split between them is brought up. "Grazie." He nods slightly, looking at the small pile of gems, and smiles softly. 

"Ah, our princeling is looking for companionship? That is something I can sympathize with." He thinks. "If we can guide his path, I might be able to find someone as well if Nyx's friend doesn't pan out."
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Nyx smiles as the next course is served, eagerly listening as Gina explains more of their job. However, her smile fades at the mention of the prince's desires, and as the eyes at the table all begin to point her way. "Um, me?" she asks, her nerves clear in every aspect of her demeanor, as Ciraco is the first to face her. As Idrig and Narciso speak more, however, she begins to calm somewhat again.

"Oh," she responds, unsure of what to make of the suggestion as mention is made of Corinna. "I did meet a young dancer at the club we visited. She seemed uncomfortable dancing there, and I had hoped to see if we could recruit her to the estate instead. I suppose... Well, maybe she would be willing to do this for us if it meant getting her out of that place?" she says, her last words a question she directs with her gaze towards Gina. Would she even consider it though? If she was uncomfortable dancing for men, she might not be comfortable toying with one either. especially one as important as the prince.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Perhaps this task can be implemented as a test for her, then," Idrig suggests. "Incentivizing her own success by promising an escape plan may ensure she commits everything she can. That is, at least, provided you believe she is qualified for this."
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Narciso nodded slowly, listening to Idrig's words. "I think that could be a good idea- It's a good test as to whether we can trust her or not, as well as if she could be made useful." He glanced over at Gina for a moment, listening for a response to Nyx's question.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"We would just have to ask if she wants this," Nyx says, unsure of the dancer even has a desire to join up with them. I only sought to find her a new home, and already she is being volunteered for a dangerous task. Let's hope that, whatever her decision, she is able to find happiness in this rotten town.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"A task for the morning, then," Idrig agrees. "Regardless, I think it fair to say we have the makings of a simple, yet effective plan. Lure the prince to a brothel, hopefully using a planted associate, and then kidnap him through a private entrance."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Yes, either way the basis of the plan will remain the same," Ciraco says agreeing with Idrig.

Maybe this dancer can be coerced if she's not ready to volunteer, he thinks, thinking through contingencies.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"I see," Gina says with an understanding nod. "Well then, it seems you've got this handled. Should you require my support, you know where to find me, but otherwise, I am putting my trust in you to see this through." She nods and stands, giving each of you a polite smile and a quick bow.

"For now, I'll leave you to enjoy the rest of your night and finish any other task's you've planned. And do be sure to retrieve your costumes in two day's time. As we've discussed, blending in will be quite paramount. Ciao, my friends." With this, she exits the dining room, leaving you all alone again. There's only the sound of the steady rainfall and rhythmic thunder as you finish your meals.

"I suppose that'll do us for the night, then. It wouldn't do to stay up too late, but let us do as we please before we retire then, aye?" Luca says, standing from his table and stretching for a moment. He nods to each of you, stepping to the door.

OOC
Feel free to have your PC do whatever you'd like around the villa, or you can have them just go straight to bed. I know Wal wanted to do RP with an NPC, so others are welcome to do the similar if you want, or just do your own thing
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Ciao," Idrig offers, relieved that their patron is departing. I wonder what she does all day. She seems to live quite a dull life here, in the comforts of the villa. Though as long as she continues being a font of coin for my interests, I do not truly care.

"Good night, Luca." He turns to the others as he finishes up his meal and wipes his beard gently with a cloth napkin. "I have some formulas to perfect. I will be in Fiorina's shed should you require anything from me."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Uh, ciao," Nyx responds, as Gina takes her leave of the group. With the conversation - and their meal - coming to an end, she wordlessly stands and leaves the room, offering a weak smile to anyone who acknowledges her as she goes. They can do as they like, I have to see if Alina is still doing well. I hope her doctor is treating her well. 

Night's Events
Retracing her steps from the night before, Nyx makes her way back to the third floor, trying to find her way to the bedroom she'd awoken in. I hope she's still in the same place. I don't even know if that was her room, or just a temporary spot they were keeping her. But, only one way to find out.

She finally reaches the door she'd left that morning, where Alina had been sleeping the last she saw. She said she'd like to see me again, but was she just being nice in the moment? She seemed shocked to see me last time, she thinks, as she ponders leaving and returning to her own room instead. She takes a step away, then returns to the door, repeating her insecure indecisiveness a couple times before she finally stops herself.

You won't know unless you talk to her, she thinks, taking a deep breath before letting it out in a long, soothing sigh. She steps forward, knocking on the door. Hopefully she's not already asleep, she thinks, the realization coming as soon as she hears the knocks reverberating through the hallway.

"Gina, is that you?" you hear a voice ring out from on the other side of the door, immediately recognizable as Alina's from its gentleness, although you detect more strength behind it than from the prior night. From its cadence, you can gather she's still in the same bed you'd shared and shouting across the room. "I told you I was alright when you brought up dinner. Must you worry so?"

"Uh, n-no," Nyx stammers, finding herself suddenly more nervous now that she has confirmation that Alina is inside. How nice of Gina to personally bring her her meals, the two must be close. I wonder how close? Would she bring me meals if I was injured too? Or is there something more here?

"It's, uh... it's Nyx," she continues, worry creeping into her thoughts. Does she even remember my name? She was not in the best condition when we first introduced ourselves, and more than a day has passed already. "Your... knight," she clarifies, her face flushing somewhat as the words escape her lips.

"Nyx!" Alina calls out, her smile almost audible from the sheer excitement in her voice. An awkward few moments pass before she speaks again. "I mean, uh... Please, come in! I wasn't sure you'd come." Opening the door, you see her sitting upright atop the plush bed, wearing a wide, toothy grin as you come into view. She scoots over, patting on the bed next to her. Looking over her, you can see that her readily-visible injuries from the prior days are healing quite quickly.

"The physician ordered me to stay in bed still. It's been so dreadfully boring... But now you're here." Her voice wavers a bit with her last words, but she looks at you with gentle eyes, beckoning you closer.

A wave of relief washes over Nyx as she can hear the joy in the other woman's voice, her fears immediately alleviated by how welcoming she is. She steps inside, still somewhat nervous, but excited as well to see the woman who'd been so kind to her the night before. I guess she did want to see me, she thinks, her face going slightly pink again.

"You look like you're doing much better," she continues with a warm smile, as she notices the clear improvements in health visible in Alina's face and overall demeanor. "I'm glad," she says, as the other woman motions for her to come onto the bed. She nods, less nervous than she had been the night before and, like then, she steps to a nearby chair and removes the outer - still somewhat damp - layer of her clothing, revealing her simple, long undergarments. As before, she neatly folds them and sets them on the chair before stepping to the bed. She smiles before climbing in, eager both to feel its softness again, as well as to be close to Alina.

"My day was anything but boring," she continues, as she is told of Alina's day in bed. "But I was still looking forward to coming back to the estate at the end. The weather is dreadful, and here I get..." she trails off, looking away from Alina before she can work up the courage to say the next words. "Here I get to see you again."

"I'm feeling much better. I hope I'm well enough for the parade. It's always my favorite time of the year," Alina says, closing her eyes and smiling for a fleeting moment. As you dress down and approach the bed, she parts the covers for you, pulling the thick blankets and comforter over top. "I hope I get to see you in your costume. You'll look beautiful..." she trails, looking at you affectionately.

She lets out a short giggle as you remark on the weather, scooting over closer to you. "There, I'll help keep you warm." She pauses for a moment and looks at you, her cheeks flushing a slight crimson hue. As she looks as she's about to say something, she shakes her head. "This... season is always like this." Her tone shakes a moment, before its meek sort of confidence returns. "But it's not so bad when you've got someone to share it with."

Nyx blushes a deep shade of red as the other woman compliments her before moving closer. The feel of her silk gown rubs up against her leg, and suddenly her nerves from before begin to return, though now for an entirely different reason. She is so close, I can feel her breathing. And she smells nice, I'd not noticed before. "Yeah, there seem to be so many people here to share the rainy season with," she responds, trying not to assume anything despite all the signs. "It seems so nice, especially with a home so spacious and grand," she continues, before turning back to the topic of the parade.

"What is the parade like?" she asks, her nerves settling somewhat as she looks to Alina with genuine curiosity. "I've never gotten to go, I was always working the casino when it was happening. It sounds exciting, though our mission means I won't get to see it in all of its splendor. I hope you get to come see us... see me."

Alina's breaths are slow and rhythmic as you grow closer to her, and you can even feel her beating heart quicken every now and again, betraying her calm demeanor. "Indeed, with fine chefs to fight back the chills. The minestrone was my grandmother's recipe, though no one can make it quite like she did..." She lets out a nostalgic chuckle and smiles, looking at you endearingly.

"Oh!" she adds excitedly as you deftly ask about the parade. "Magical is as best as I can describe it. All the big local places make spectacular floats built onto carts! And everyone is dressed up in their costumes! People giving out confections, music, laughter. I'll... I'll have to take you next year. We can wear matching costumes! I will definitely come see you for yours." Her smile fades for a moment and she gives you a look of concern. "You'll still be here next year, yes?"

Nyx listens as Alina speaks, feeling fully content and with a warm smile on her face. "Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful chef if that was her own recipe," she remarks, at mention of the source of their evening meal. As the topic turns back to the parade, her eyes go wider as she hears of the sights and sounds as told by Alina. It does sound magical, she thinks, closing her eyes to imagine what it might be like. All she can picture is the interior of the Carnevale, however, so she opens her eyes again with a slight frown.

When she sees Alina's smile fade as well, she turns to her, worry growing as she wonders what she has to say. The question surprises her, and she looks with widened eyes towards the other woman. She pauses a moment, her mouth slightly agape, before she can't help but to laugh a little. 

"I-" she begins, as she calms herself once more. "I had not thought that far ahead. I have only had freedom again for a few days now, and I was not really sure what to do with it when Gina offered it to me. But," she continues, looking Alina directly in the eyes, an odd wave of confidence washing over her in the moment. "If you want me to, how could I not stay?"

Alina is quiet, simply looking at you, seeming to study you for more than a moment. You can hear the steady trickle of rainfall past her window, the distant thunder barely enough to disturb the moment. But her own look of concern steadily fades away into a meek smile. Finally, she breaks the silence. 

"I... How should I say this... Gina was always the better cousin when it came to words." She pauses again, furrowing her brow before looking right into your eyes. "I quite like you, Nyx. Even in the short span we've known each other..." Her focus shifts between each of your sea blue eyes. "And while I'd like to keep getting to know you more, and not rush... I know I want you around."

She takes a hold of your hand with hers, her grasp warm and gentle, with an underlying sort of firmness still. "So stay..."

Nyx is unsure of how to handle the silence, but holds it as she watches Alina studying her. Did I say something wrong? I thought she wanted me to stay, and I know I want to too. She continues watching Alina's hazel eyes as she returns her gaze, feeling lost in the depths of the woman's beauty. As a smile begins to form on her face, Nyx can't help but feel some small amount of relief, and then Alina speaks.

The words hit Nyx like a brick wall. She'd seen the signs, the flirting and flushed cheeks, so she should have already known. But she'd never before felt quite as simultaneously dumbfounded and overjoyed as when the words 'I quite like you' escaped Alina's lips. "You... like me?" she asks, her face more the look of someone about to be accosted in the street at night than one of the amount of joy she is experiencing in the moment. "You like me?" she begins again, processing the thought aloud as well as internally. "Like... the way..." she begins, finding it hard to maintain her composure in the moment. "Like as friends, or...?" like how I like you?

Alina's grip on your hand tightens further as she inches slightly closer to you. Her breaths slow, and you can feel her heart's rhythm steadily increasing as the moment seems to last forever. "More than friends," the woman says, laying her head to rest upon your shoulder to give you some comfort.

"And I... I do not want to beat around the bush with games any longer," she adds, a hint of frustration and longing in her voice. She picks her head up again and once more looks to you, focusing upon your eyes staring back at her. "You are beautiful and caring and valiant, and unlike anyone I've met in this city. My brave knight, braver than all those in the stories..." 

Nyx feels the grip and hears Alina's words, as her emotions continue to wash over her. She can hear the longing in the other woman's voice, something she now knows for what it truly is, as she is showered with compliments. In the moment it is too much for her to take, and as Alina speaks, Nyx leans in to kiss her. It is a quick, and as their lips touch she panics, quickly leaning back away.

"Sorry," she begins, though she does not move her face far from Alina's. "I should've asked, but you were saying such nice things, I..." she continues, feeling a mixture of relieved, guilty, and excited. I kissed her. On the lips. It was nice. I wonder if she also thought it was nice. I hope it was okay. I hope... she wants to do it again.

Alina looks away for a moment, meekly as her cheeks continue to burn bright. The moment quickly ends, though, as she leans in again, embracing you, and pressing her lips back against yours. This time, it's a longer moment and time seems to pause as the flurry of emotions rains down like the torrential storm past the walls: unstoppable and unrelenting in a beautiful way.

Finally, she breaks the kiss and gives a wide smile. "Do not apologize. That was... everything I'd dreamed it would be." Her voice is wispy now, almost ethereal as the dreamlike reality sets in. She presses her forehead against yours, her arms draped over your shoulders. "Thank you, Nyx."

The second kiss catches Nyx off guard, but she fully embraces it. Her emotions run rampant, and, having never been able to fully express them before, she finds them completely overwhelming. As their lips part, a tear falls down her cheek. Then another. By the time Alina presses their foreheads together, it is an endless stream. 

"No... thank you..." she manages between sobs. "For... letting me... be me," she continues, her hands moving to wipe the tears from her face. Why am I crying like this? What is wrong with me? This is a happy moment.

Alina smiles again, letting out a lighthearted, and somewhat soothing giggle as you begin to lose yourself to the emotional baggage, and burden, you've been carrying around since leaving Cru'un... The baggage which you're finally freed from in this moment. She wipes some tears from your face, giving another quick kiss on the cheek.

"You are you, and you are beautiful," she says, her arms around you tightening as she pulls you closer into an embrace, comforting and long overdue. "I would not change you for the world and all it's treasure..." She buries her face into your shoulder, hugging you tight. "You're the greatest treasure."

Nyx takes some time to calm down, the words of support and admiration from Alina only serving to strengthen her emotional response. As she finally calms, and as her cheeks finally begin to dry, she smiles. It is the most genuine smile she's worn in her life, the one most reflective of her emotions in the moment, and she looks at the woman before her in awe of her kindness and beauty, both inside and out.

"You are..." she begins, looking for the right words to say. "You are really good at making me smile, you know that?" she continues, returning the woman's giggle with one of her own. "I've barely smiled the last few years, even after Gina rescued me and brought me here to work with your family. Even when we first met, and we were able to save you from so much pain," she continues, her smile starting to waver as she remembers the beaten and bruised state she'd found Alina in.

"How was I to know that I was helping the most wonderfully kind, most amazingly beautiful, most... open, and accepting woman. And that she'd help me, to finally feel like I belong somewhere? That's what you make me feel," she continues, finding the words easier and easier to come by the longer she speaks. "You make me feel like I belong somewhere." She pauses, before adding, "no, not somewhere. Here. With you."

Alina brushes her palm against your cheek, pressing in gently where she'd kissed a moment ago. Her smile grows wider, and her embrace warmer. You feel her heart beat against yours, pumping in unison to rush more blood to both pairs of crimson cheeks. She lets out a contented sigh, one of true peace and comfort.

"You have a beautiful smile," she says, rubbing against your hand with her thumb as she gazes into your eyes. Though the candlelit flames in her room begin to grow dimmer, her hazel eyes sparkle just as much when she looks at you. "I hope I can bring it out more often. Even the goddess Fiorina could not capture your beauty in her divine artwork."

She quietly coos, listening to your words and giving another soft, yet fleeting kiss. "I feel the same way... You belong here, by my side. Building something great together." Her voice trails off into an affectionate haze, her blinks slowing as she looks upon you, her knight.

"Can I," Nyx begins, returning Alina's kiss with another of her own. "I mean, if it's ok with you, I'd like to come here, back to you, every night. I sleep so much more peacefully next to you," she continues, embarrassment momentarily returning, though she is quickly able to push it aside. "I don't want to go back to sleeping in my own room, without you next to me. I want to see your face in the morning when I wake up. And I want to see it again as my last sight before falling asleep." She wraps her arms around the other woman's head, stroking her hair as she speaks.

"Earlier we went to the home of two men. Gina's friends, I guess, I don't really know. And they were a couple! I'd never seen a couple of the same gender before, able to live so openly and so happily. Back home," she continues, for the first time feeling able to open up about her past to someone. She looks down as she continues, internalized shame making her uncomfortable in the moment. "Back home, it's not allowed. Some people were able to make it work, mostly the poor people who had no reputation to lose. But I was never able to be myself. I was never able to be with someone... I wanted to be with. But here they were, two men, living happily together. They had their own, cozy home. It was so warm and welcoming, and I felt so safe there. I... I want that." She looks back, gazing with longing and admiration, directly into Alina's glimmering eyes ones more.

"Is that something you'd want too?" she finishes, her final words, and the look in her eyes, a burning question that she desperately awaits the woman's response to. Please say you do.

Alina lets out another soft giggle, looking upon you with complete adoration as you speak. She smiles again, nodding through your embrace. "I would very much like that. I sleep much more soundly with my brave hero watching over me too," she says, her smile somewhat fading as you can see a brief glimpse of pain in her eyes. She grits her teeth and releases another weighty sigh, beginning to melt more into the shared caress.

The joy and light returns quickly though as you mention Bretz and his husband, and she giggles again. "Yes, I know them too. I used to visit them for tea on occasion." She listens carefully, her face contorting more into a frown as you describe the status quo within Cru'un, and its unique brand of bigotry. She looks at you with wide, welcoming eyes and gives a short squeeze. "Your homeland was not a home. This is your home. And in Teiros, you can be who you want, love who you want." She grins at you, hoping to bring more comfort. 

"In all of Brennis, truly. Perhaps we might want to live in Vizidel someday, and springtime in Gromand is a sight to behold. Which is to say..." She pauses again, smirking as she teases for dramatic effect. "Yes, I would want that."

I've never been as brave as she makes me out to be, Nyx thinks, as Alina continues to shower her with affection. But now I have a reason to be. Those clowns will never get their hands on her again, not as long as I'm here with her. A moment of worry creeps into her mind as Alina winces and reacts to the pain she is feeling, but it fades as she once more relaxes in her arms.

She can't help but to giggle again as she listens to all the different possibilities for the future. She wants it too. She wants me too. How wonderful it is, to be wanted back for once. As the last words escape Alina's lips, Nyx leans forward for another kiss, this one much deeper and more sensual than the ones before. "That sounds lovely," she says, after a moment, when their lips finally part. "Almost as lovely as you," she continues, her words becoming softer as she speaks, the last couple almost a whisper. "I can't wait to see all of those places with you," she says, her words now fully a whisper as she continues gazing deeply, longingly, lovingly into the other woman's eyes.

Alina quietly hums sweet nothings, sinking deeper into the heat of the moment as affections continue to be shared. She returns the kiss with the same passion, closing her warm hazel eyes as she lets the moment take hold of her. As it breaks, she slowly opens her eyes and bears a wide, joyous smile.

She blushes at your compliments, her reddened cheeks still standing out even past the dimming candlelight. Outside, the storm too grows more intense as it comes to shore. But you're safe. Alina holds you close and tight, pulling you further into the covers as a yawn escapes her still-grinning lips. "Mmm, I can't wait either. We'll see it all... together. Maybe even Imardin, Gleios... Wherever you want."

The yawn is contagious, and Nyx lets out one of her own shortly after. She allows herself to sink beneath the cozy sheets, comfortably wrapped in Alina's warm embrace. As she watches the light of consciousness fade, and as her eyes slowly close, Nyx once more whispers, "sweet dreams," a warm, contended smile on her face as she does. Like the night before, she spends some time simply gazing at her, the longing only growing as she feels her warm, slow breaths and sees how peaceful she is. But unlike the night before, the two are now wrapped around one another, and Nyx does her best to keep still, not wanting to disturb the rest woman in her arms.

As she lies awake, gazing at the woman who had become so special to her, she once more sinks into her thoughts. She imagines a small, cozy house, where she and Alina live. She imagines the pets they might have, the neighborhood children that might come to visit. She imagines traveling across the sea, to distant lands and cities, hand-in-hand as they gaze into the horizon at adventures to come. She smiles, as she reminds herself that the two of them still barely knew one another, and that they might not even share the same interests, or want the same things. But that doesn't change that we want each other, she reassures herself, as she too gradually falls into a peaceful, dream-filled slumber.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"I might call it a night too," Ciraco says, standing himself after Luca takes his leave. "I can''t refuse a night cap though," he says with a smirk, picking up what's left of the wine and taking it with him.

He makes his way back to his room and falls asleep soon after getting comfortable.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Narciso watches as Gina leaves, giving a polite nod, feeling the grip of exhaustion takes him once more. He clears his throat, standing slowly as he looks around at the others and gives a half bow. "I'll see you all in the morning, it'll be good to get some rest. Arrivederci." He says calmly before walking out of the room, and as he gets close to his room he lets the facade drop once more. He locks the door behind him and partially strips, for the first time that day actually getting to relax and unwind. 

He spends some time writing on a few scrap pieces of paper, mostly just getting his cluttered thoughts out of his head before pulling on some loose, comfortable clothes and heading up to the second floor. Realizing that no matter how tired he was, he wasn't ready to sleep quite yet, he stands out on the terrace for some time, enjoying the sounds of the rain, using it as an opportunity to let out some of the emotions that he was bottling up.

He does this for almost half an hour, enjoying the feel of the rain as he cries. "I'm sorry, Yuuto. I'm sorry for everything." He says softly under his breath as if his friend could hear him. "I always told myself that I would go back, that I would find you and save you, but I guess at some point that all just slipped away..." And surely you're not with us anymore. He takes a deep, slow breath at that thought, looking up towards the moon. "Whether or not you're alive, Yuuto, I will avenge you. I swear it." He sighs as he says that, trying to wipe away his remaining tears.

Narciso heads back inside, possibly drenched by now, but he heads back toward his room. He gets changed once he's in privacy once more and slowly falls asleep, listening to the pitter-patter of rain drop outside.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

After a long day, and an even longer night for some, you finally make your way to bed. The eve's storm rages on outside, your bedrooms illuminated every so often as the monsoon delivers its reckoning to the island below. But still, you sleep soundly, the exhaustion of the day's assassination and safety of Villa Salucci affording you an opportunity for gentle rest.

You awake to warm sunlight seeping through your curtains, songbirds chirping outside as the day begins in full force. A trio of knocks rap from the other side of your door, followed by the adjacent room's, and the next after that. A firm voice rings out, one you recognize as one of the estate's servants. "Fresh pastries and hot coffee are being served in the foyer. Please enjoy them at your convenience." As her words echo past the doors, you do suddenly detect the rich aroma of coffee permeating through the sun-warmed air.

A new day has begun in Teiros, and you have a job to do. But it's nothing that won't wait for a bit of espresso and a cinnamon bun.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

After an hour of practicing his new recipe and adjusting some ratios, Idrig eventually retires to his quarters. He sleeps soundly, disrupted only once by the loud thunder. In the morning, he rolls out of bed, combing his hair and beard carefully before donning his clothes for the day. He is already ready by the time the knocks come, and he steps out to the foyer to break his fast.

The dwarf sips his coffee and snacks on the pastries quietly, waiting for the others to gather. We have all of today to prepare for our task with the prince. We should strategize on what we can accomplish in that time, he considers. Nyx's acquaintance should be a priority.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Nyx awakes early, as the sun pierces the darkness through a gap in the curtains. She has a brief moment of panic, the room still not too familiar to her, before she realizes where she is. The realization fills her with warmth, and she calms quickly, looking to the woman sleeping beside her with a contented smile. 

When the knock comes on her door, she is once more startled, pulling the covers over her head in anticipation of someone entering. However, the as the welcome news of breakfast comes instead, she slips out of bed - doing her best not to wake Alina - and steps to the edge of the room to draw the curtains. As she pulls them aside, she notices for the first time that they are not merely covering windows, but also the door to a small balcony. Excited at the revelation, she opens the door to step out, peering at the streets below in awe of the view. She stands there for a short time, basking in the warm morning sun, and enjoying the breeze through her hair, finding peace in the simplicity of the moment.

Eventually, she returns to the room, shuts the door, and proceeds to redress. She steps out into the hall, closing the door quietly, before making her way down to the ground floor once more, headed back to the foyer. On the way, she grabs her cloak and shoes from the hall - now dry - and completes her wardrobe, before stepping into the foyer to meet the others. She finds Idrig is already there, and she offers him a weak smile and a nod in greeting. After grabbing a small plate of pastries and a cup of coffee, she takes a seat near him and begins to eat as well, enjoying the peaceful silence of their shared moment before the others find their way down.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Ciraco wakes groggily, his senses dulled and his head throbbing from his hangover. He reluctantly rolls out of bed and begins putting his clothes on. He decides against strapping his sword to his back just yet, instead picking it up in its sheathe once he is fully dressed and making his way out of his room and back to the foyer where he finds both Idrig and Nyx quietly indulging in the villa staff's offerings. He nods in greeting, making straight for the espresso. He fixes himself a cup and downs it quickly before making himself another to sip on. He grabs a pastry and takes a seat on one of the couches in the centre of the foyer, dumping his sword on the low coffee table between them. "So, should our first stop today be your dancer friend?" He asks Nyx, crossing his legs and leaning back into the plush cushions of the couch.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Narciso is suddenly awoken by the knocking, at once going from being unconscious to bolted upright, reaching for a weapon.
As he realizes it was a mere breakfast call, he relaxes, taking a moment to gather himself and get dressed before heading down to join the others in the foyer.
"Good morning, everyone." he grabs a pastry and sits lightly in a nearby seat, chewing on it between sips of coffee. "So, what's the plan?'
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

The silence is broken when Ciraco enters and speaks, and Nyx takes a moment to snap out of the peaceful calm she'd been sitting. "Oh," she responds, turning to face him after he asks his question, before glancing towards Narciso when he enters. She gives him a nod, assuming her answer to Ciraco will suffice for his question too, before responding, "yes, that seems like a good plan." Pondering the idea a bit longer as she chews, she thinks to how nervous the young woman had been, and how unlikely it was that she'd be at ease talking to all of them at once.

"Though perhaps I should go to her alone. Or at least, have you guys wait outside or off doing your own thing. I can't imagine having us all there would help with her nerves." This is a lot to ask someone I've only just met. The last thing she needs is a bunch of weird men gawking at her while I do it.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Not long after, Luca emerges in the foyer as well, following suit in grabbing coffee and pastries. "Morning. Big day ahead, aye? Ready to head out when all of you are," he says, taking a big gulp of his beverage. "The Crimson Butterfly should be quiet at this time of day, before the afternoon drunks roll in. Best shot at an audience before some wine for brains Imardanian whisks her away to a land of disappointment."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"You're probably right," Ciraco replies to Luca as the man's arrival finally completes the assembly of the group. "As are you," he adds, looking at Nyx as he stands and picks up his sword from the coffee table. "We should all hang back while you talk to her."

Hopefully she's the Prince's type, he can't help but think, realising this plan all hangs on the dancer. We can always just grab him in there by force if not. A few more witnesses shouldn't cause any major problems.

Now standing and with his sword in hand, Ciraco finishes off what's left of his second espresso, carelessly tossing the cup back onto the table.

"Shall we then?" He asks, as he begins strapping his sword to his back, ready to leave the villa.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Nyx can handle this alone," Idrig agrees, understanding that her particular skills do not align with his. "The rest of us, we should wait nearby but not inside. If we are to be kidnapping the crown prince from this establishment, we should aim to limit our own exposure or familiarity to the staff."

He thinks back to their investigation of the building. "Perhaps the rest of us can plot out an escape route, beginning with the alley that Narciso found a false wall into one of the rooms, yes?"
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Narciso nodded quickly, quickly swallowing some food and a quick coffee as he listened to the others, as it was becoming more clear they'd be leaving shortly. "There's an alley next to the establishment like I mentioned yesterday. I should be able to easily point out the spot in the wall when we get there." He says with a smile, brushing the crumbs off his hands. "I'm ready to go when you all are." He says, trying to remember the exact spot.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Very well," Idrig concludes, satisfied with the plan. "Lead the way, Narciso." He is certainly shaping up to be more than a tool to be used. A setback for my desires of a new test subject, but a boon to our efforts under the Salucci name.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Yes, I'm ready," Nyx responds to Ciraco, standing from the table as the others all appear prepared to leave for the day as well. Now how do I go about convincing a young erotic dancer to join up with an organized crime family?
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Narciso, after a brief moment of hesitation, nods quickly. "Alright, if we're ready to go find this thing and get the day started, let's get going." He smiles to himself, giving himself a quick once-over to make sure he has everything. After making sure, he heads towards the door.
ooc
Narciso will leave and head back towards the establishment when everyone else is ready. Narciso is ready to go!
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Let's go," Ciraco agrees, heading for the villa's exit. "The trapdoor behind the bar also leads into the basement which connects to the sewers," he adds, reminding the others. "It's unlikely we'd be able to get the Prince down there without being seen but it could be a good back up option to bear in mind if things go sideways."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Or a convenient misdirection, should our cover be blown. I'd like to see the crown guard catch this Durduumi through those tunnels," Idrig says with a boastful smile.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With a plan in place and your light breakfast finished, you set out from the villa. The air is warm as the sun begins its upward arc, the slight stickiness of the rainfall's humidity cut through by a sea breeze's respite. The sky above is a brilliant blue, dappled with cottony clouds overhead: pure white, with a handful of gray bringing brief surprise showers.

The streets are bustling with business as usual again, quickly moving on from the prior eve's grisly murder with the same joyous laughter and shady peddling as every morning. After all, how quickly a death, and a life, is forgotten in this city. Coffee and fresh pastries flow through the air as coin changes hands and those who remain live on.

It doesn't take much time to locate the Crimson Butterfly again, its large signboard standing out amongst its peers. Its entrance remains devoid of the prior day's greeter, the front door propped open to allow the breeze in. As your sun-exposed eyes gradually adjust to the dimmer interior, you can see it's fairly quiet, only about six or seven patrons for the late morning crowd. A dancer sensually shakes her hips on the stage, her eyes betraying her fake smile and alluring movements. You're able to see the young dancer Nyx had befriended, delivering a cocktail to an older orcish gentleman. He grunts at her and she scampers away back towards the bar.

Luca gives a nod to Nyx and knowing glance at the rest of the group.
All but Nyx
At Narciso's lead, you're able to find the alleyway the false wall leads into again. From the opposite side, you're able to hear a muffled man's voice. "C'mon, baby. I paid for a half hour," you hear him whine.

A woman immediately responds, "Yes, and that was over five minutes ago."

The alley is otherwise vacant, narrower than the rear alleyways often used for deliveries, but comfortably fitting your small group. A few other doors from adjacent buildings line the alley, with small crates and refuse bags tucked against the walls. Looking forward, it seems there's a maze of corridors before reconnecting with the main streets. At a few points, it opens up into small courtyards or nooks containing the oft-hidden features of Teiros.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"I guess we should figure out our next step from here," Ciraco says, keeping his voice low as a precaution as he surveys the alleyway. "Getting the prince out of the Butterfly is only the start. We have to get him back to the villa unnoticed, all these twists and turns are a good start," he continues, peering into the nearest courtyard as he looks around.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As the group parts ways for the time being, Nyx takes in the scene before her, eyeing the patrons and the staff of the club as she decides what to do next. Once satisfied she's surveyed the room, she heads towards the most secluded table she can see and takes a seat, waiting for her target to approach her and ask for her order.

OOC
What is the rough layout and number of patrons currently in the Crimson Butterfly?