Fortune's Favor — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Narciso
Carefully, you head up the ladder and push open the trapdoor into the shed. Reemerging on the surface, you find taht the shed is empty. You can hear faint chatter coming from outside, but you're able to discern that it's the gardener, Fioralba, speaking with one of the groundskeepers.
OOC
Everyone helping to hoist the prince, roll an athletics check
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

"Ok, on three. One, two, three," Ciraco counts down once Narciso is ready at the top of the ladder.

He's surprisingly light, he thinks as he attempts to lift the Crown Prince.
Mechanics
Athletics: [1d20+2]=20+2=22
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Idrig bears down, finding his strength useless compared to that of his allies. Instead he does his best to advise angle of approach. "The math is trivial," he grunts through weak effort. "Just... huh... Just go that way. Lift... huh... his... his damned legs up! You churl, Ciraco, no... Like you were just doing."

Mechanics
Athletics: [1d20]=4

If allowing INT instead, it's +6 (+5 and +1 from half level) for 10 total.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As the others move to help hoist the prince up to the shed, Nyx frowns and walks towards the rope, doing her best to contribute. This is not my forte at all, we need more strong people in this group.

Mechanics
Athletics: [1d20]=14
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by FinalTemplar »

Narciso confirms the voices quietly as he firmly plants his feet on the floor. Carefully he takes his end of the rope and tries to gently pull the prince up with their help, giving as measured uses of strength as he can.
Mechanics
Athletics= [1d20+13]=19+13=32 I'd say it's pretty safe that I've got a good pace on it and not pulling too hard, like Idrig asked.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With the group's combined aid, you all begin hoisting the prince up the ladder. Midway through, Idrig's grip gives out, though Ciraco and Narciso maintain tight holds from both ends.

As the prince's weight shifts in his intoxicated slumber, the dwarf instead barks out instructions to the rest of you, and you steadily lift him with the coordination of a living pulley system. "Keep it up. Almost there," Luca says with a strained voice as Prince Maximus' head crests through the trap door. After a few more moments, and careful, steady lifting, Narciso manages to pull the man onto the shed floor and away from the ladder.

The rest of you follow, your conscious ascent much faster than the prince's. You find the shed quiet as usual, though faint chatter erupts from outside. However, you're able to discern that it's the gardener, Fioralba, speaking with one of the groundskeepers. Luca breathes out in relief, pressing his back against a standing shelf. "Hard part's over. Guess we find Gina now?"
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Let's get him inside first, but yeah I think we can call this a successful kidnapping," Ciraco replies to Luca with a chuckle. It couldn't really have gone more smoothly, he thinks, impressed by their collective achievement.

"This will certainly put the Saluccis on the map, so to speak, just like Gina wanted - for better and for worse," he says, knowing kidnapping the crown prince will not be without consequences.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Idrig pants from the strenuous affair, dusting himself off. "Let us bring him to a bedroom, lay him down, make him comfortable. This is no torture room but an expensive jail cell until the ransom coin comes through."

"Yes, I assume the Saluccis may be a household name in soon enough time." And I will be gone before the firebombs through the windows come.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Narciso takes a moment to catch his breath with the prince safely placed down, wiping off some sweat. "Perhaps one of us should go talk to Gina while we carry him inside? I can't imagine we all need to be there." Narciso says, preparing to lift him again.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"I can go," Nyx says, not wanting to spend more time with the conked out royal than she has to. "I can introduce her to Corinna too," she continues, turning to their newest companion, who'd handle the mission with much more conviction than Nyx had expected. "She's nice, she'll love you," she continues, offering the young woman a weak smile. Maybe not as much as the men at the club, but the environment here is so much better.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

ooc
Just posting to confirm that when Scratch is ready to move forward, Narciso will carry the prince again to wherever they're going.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Corinna returns Nyx's smile and gives a nod, following her out of the shed. The rest of you file in behind, stepping back into the familiar and fragrant gardens. Fioralba catches sight of your group as emerge into the midday's sunlight. She raises a matronly eyebrow before pointing toward the upper level terrace. 

Seated beneath a delicate umbrella, you see your benefactor basking in the sun and sipping from a small glass. She seems to take notice of the shuffling of footprints below, she stands and peers over the railing. She flashes a sun-tickled grin, gazing down at you. "Well, I can see you've enjoyed the carnival's festivities. My, is that truly our package?" She gives a quick once-over to the man slumbering in Narciso's arms. "Place him in any of the spare bedrooms, if you would, and then I wish to speak with you all. Rest assured, he will be in safe hands. My cugini will handle it from here." Her eyes focus on Corinna for a moment, and she cocks her head quizzically. "And I see we've a newcomer. Let us convene in the parlor, as always."

She disappears into the villa, her silhouette flickering in the parlor window but a moment later. Nyx and Corinna lead the way inside, heading up the staircase as the rest of you search for an unoccupied bedroom on the ground floor. Fortunately, this takes little time with the group's effort and the rest of you arrive in the parlor soon after.

Stood casually behind the bar, you spy Gina finessing a prismatic array of liquors and syrups. She gives a side eye, pouring into a shaker with a confident smirk. Setting aside seven glasses, she pours an orange mixture into each, a gradient pink band emerging at the top as it rests a moment. She opens her arms, beaming. "You've worked hard. Come, grab my specialty. A Salucci Sunset."

She grabs her own glass, scanning each of your faces, though her gaze lingers on Corinna for a moment. "Tell me, how did things go? Any worries we need to plan for? And was this fine lady also kidnapped or is she here willingly?"
Brennisian Translation
Cugini = cousins
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As they enter the parlour, Ciraco removes his mask and sets it down on a side table. "Grazie," he says to Gina, taking one of the glasses. Very nice. The Salucci's liquor shelf certainly beats that of any tavern, he thinks, savouring the drink as he takes a sip.

He makes his way over to an empty armchair and falls into in, putting his feet up on an ornate antique coffee table.

"Couldn't have gone any better really," he says taking another sip of his cocktail. "No one even got a good look at us or where we were headed," he adds, leaving Corinna's presence to be explained by someone else.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Idrig sighs heavily as they arrive on the Salucci grounds, giving a weary wave to Fioralba as they pass with the Prince in tow. He can't help but roll his eyes as he senses their benefactor above them on the balcony. This woman seems only to know how to smirk, drink, and lounge. She must require much rest, issuing orders all day to others who perform labor on her behalf. Wealth is a disease, and she, its leper.

Once their precious cargo has been dropped off, Idrig finds himself in the parlor — the second in line for Salucci Sunset. "Thank you," he offers, his previous criticism of her feeling somewhat hollow after being personally served by his own employer. A strange woman indeed. Perhaps all day with liquor as a companion leads one to craft a half-decent cocktail. I wonder, perhaps Fioralba has helped distill some of this from the prizes in her garden.

"His guard trailed after us for a time, but we gave them the slip quite easily. In fact, my remedy hardly seemed necessary. The nitwit fell asleep halfway through the night."
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Narciso enters the villa with the others, finally relaxing as he feels the relative safety of the villa encompasses him. He looks up at Gina as she tells him what to do with their sleeping prince, and he walks off quickly, finding a spare room, and places him inside on a bed before returning to the others, making note of which bedroom he picked.

He returns to the parlor, and takes a seat at the bar; he slides a glass to himself and glances over at Corinna. "The night went well; but no, she's not been kidnapped. She joined willingly, from what I can tell." He says as he discards his mask.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"She's the dancer I mentioned," Nyx adds, at the question of Corinna. "The one who wanted out of her job, looking for a better life. She helped us to lure the prince out, and now she's here to join," she continues, turning to face the newcomer. Hopefully she is fine with this life over being ogled. If not, I can't imagine Gina will be happy about her knowing the family's secrets.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Corinna, milady," the ex-dancer says with a polite curtsy to Gina.

"Oh please, forgo the pleasantries and just call me Gina. You may have a place here for a time, though a debt owed shall be a debt repaid," Gina replies, a cunning twinkle in her eyes as she looks to the newcomer. She turns to Idrig and nods. "So they are aware he is missing then. By now, I'm certain the Legion is swarming the city in search of him. That may well aid us, as I think of it... Yes." 

She nods along, pulling a piece of paper from a pocket. "While you did your part, I did mine. Perhaps you thought my goal was to assert our power, a grand display to make the Salucci name known. But we can hardly afford to make enemies of the Crown and the Legion." She unfolds the note, setting it upon a coffee table in the middle of the room. In its corner, you spy an insignia shaped as a lioness. "Instead, we narrow the playing field, and cripple one of our most dangerous rivals. And so I procured letterhead from Leone Imports and forged a letter. My goal is to pin blame upon them, weaken their business further, and force them under the Legion's watchful gaze."

Skimming over it, you see it lists the aforementioned Leone Imports, addressed in the warehouse district by the docks. From what intel the Saluccis have shared, you know it's a front for a smuggling ring. Additionally, you know the Leone business has fallen on harder times and they've grown aggressive in desperation for coin. Its contents, written in Brennisian, make it appear as given orders.
Forged Letter
Assicurati che il nostro carico venga consegnato in modo sicuro al magazzino.
E assicurati che non venga fatto del male a "Sua Altezza".
Vorrei fare questi onori io stesso...
Questa nazione ci ha tolto sempre di più, ci ha derubato del nostro futuro,
quindi dovrei provare un piacere personale nel derubare la nazione dei suoi stessi beni.
Se dobbiamo bruciare e svanire nel caos e nell’oscurità, lo stesso farà la Repubblica.

Se gli dovesse capitare qualcosa, anche un graffio, allora mi occuperò di te dopo.
Non deludere tua madre.
Brennisian Translation
See that our cargo is safely delivered to the warehouse.
And make certain that no harm comes to "His Highness."
I should like to do those honors myself...
This nation has taken much and more from us, robbed us of our future,
so I should take personal delight in robbing the nation of its own.
If we are to burn and fade into chaos and obscurity, so shall the Republic.

If harm befalls him, even a scratch, then I will deal with you after.
Do not fail your mother.
"I have one more task for you, albeit a risky one. But I assure that you will be compensated," Gina says, a serious expression on her face, though you sense concern beneath it. "Take this letter, carefully make for the docks, and let yourselves be seen by those on the manhunt. Then shed your disguises and flee unseen, leaving this letter behind. All the while, my cousins and I will get our prince to that warehouse."

She downs the rest of her drink, letting out a weighted sigh and gritting her teeth. "It is the final push, my friends. Should you need to lay low, we've a safehouse south of Empire Beach, east of the docks. An old flower shop. Closer still would be the Imperial Brennisian, due west of the docks. Say you are a friend of Nives at either. Any questions?"
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Idrig sighs, his eyes sinking as he listens to Gina's last request. There's always one... more... damnable... thing. Ugh — I grow weary being the plaything of these Brennissian criminals, and their tactical nonsense. One family falls so the other can climb, and the cycle continues. On, and on again. For what, power? Wealth? Useless aims if not a conduit for greater purpose.

"We shall do as you command," the dwarf says, his dutiful tone belying his recalcitrant thoughts. Bah, anything to rid myself of this asinine costume fit for a circus clown.

"The royal guards will be none the wiser when we disappear a second time with no trace."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Bold, although would she be so bold if it was her neck on the line? Ciraco thinks, sipping his drink while Gina explains her plan, admiring her ambition.

"Sounds simple enough, like the dwarf says, we've escaped the royal guards once already," he says, standing up and making his way back over to the table where his discarded mask lies.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Nyx nods, though she remains unsure of their mission. We do the deed only to pin the blame on someone else. It feels so underhanded, almost more so than the kidnapping itself.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Narciso reads the note, just like the others. He chews on his lip as the others agree to the job. "No job left unfinished. This will be done.' he nods at Gina.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)