The Firstborn — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
ratwizard
A Wan Smile
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 7: Round 3

Two more nokve are cut down by the weary elves, leaving a single, massive, and maddened nokve. Almost surrounded by your presence, it focuses on Aeron in particular and delivers a heavy bite to him.

Go: Sisera, Cymril

Mechanics
Aeron: misses.

Vaughn: moves, moves SC, heals Aeron and self, grants attack to Aeron, hits and kills.

Alerin: moves, squeezes, hits and kills.

Dessarius: moves, second winds.

Nokve Berserker 1: attacks Aeron, 21 vs AC = hit for 16 damage.
Maps
Aeron & Dessarius
Everyone Else
Map Info
Cave Wall: If the wall takes up more than half of a square, squeezing is required to be in that square. Squares with only a tiny amount of open space are impassible. Ping me if unsure re: specific squares.
Character Info
Nokve: Omnivorous, otter-like, bipedal, amphibian, long-tailed creatures who reside in the caves along the winding cliffside shores of the delta. They are somewhat dangerous if encountered in person, but they rarely leave their own habitats, despite the tales the Kurnish children tell. They are about the size of a large dog. With canid-like teeth and a short snout, they typically eat fish, shellfish, and whatever else they can find among the sea-caves beneath Groznid's heights. They sometimes forage near the mouth of the caves but rarely beyond it.
Status
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

With only one creature remaining, Sisera once more sinks an arrow in its hide, hoping to distract it enough to allow her allies to easily finish it off.

Mechanics
Standard Action: Paint the Bulls-Eye on Nokve Berserker 1
Attack: [1d20+9]=16+9=25 vs AC - hit
Hit: [1d10+1]=4+1=5 damage. Until the end of my next turn, the target takes -2 to attack rolls (unless immune to fear) and allies have a +3 power bonus to damage rolls against them.

Combat Block
Sisera

Female Human Warlord 3
Languages: Elven, Kurnish
Height: 6' 6"
Weight: 172 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 15
Passive Insight: 10
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 17
Fort: 19
Reflex: 15
Will: 15
HP: 21/34
Bloodied: 12
Surge Value: 8
Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1

MBA (Scimitar): +7 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
RBA (Longbow): +7 vs AC, 1d10+4 damage

Resistances:
3 ongoing damage

Vulnerabilities: none

Saves: none

Active Effects:
ALL READ: Allies within 10 squares who can see/hear me get +2 power bonus to init always. Allies who spend and AP can shift 3 squares for free before or after their attack.

Powers:

Viper's Strike*
Direct the Strike
Paint the Bulls-Eye*

Second Wind [_]
Inspiring Word [X][X]
Vengeance is Mine [_]
Steppe-Horse Spirit [_]
Race the Arrow [X]

Lead the Attack [_]

* These powers have extra effects from feats, not listed in the normal power section

Consumables: none

Important Features:
Class Features
Archer Warlord: Strength for RBA instead of Dexterity, + some proficiencies

Combat Leaders: allies who can see/hear me within 10 squares gain +2 power bonus to init

Skirmishing Presence: allies can shift 3 squares for free when using AP before or after attack

Theme Features
Level 1 Feature: Free mounted combat feat

Feat(ures)
Mounted Combat: Gain access to special powers of mounts if they have them. Don't suffer normal penalties to mount attacks while riding. Mounted creature can make any Athletics, Acrobatics, Endurance, or Stealth checks using my skill values instead of their own.

* Harrowing Swarm Student: When used with any bow or crossbow, my Paint the Bulls-Eye has the rattling keyword, causing enemies hit by it to take -2 to attacks until the end of my next turn unless they are immune to fear effects.

Master at Arms: Can sheathe one weapon and draw another with the same minor action.

* Desert Moon Student: When attacking an unbloodied enemy with a high-crit heavy blade (my scimitar), my Viper's Strike lets me shift 2 squares for free on a hit

Superior Fortitude: resist 3 ongoing damage
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 7: Round 4

Sisera's arrow strikes true, leaving the huge nokve heaving with every breath. Despite its weakness, it manages to shake off a swing from Cymril.

Go: Alerin, Dessarius, Vaughn, Aeron

Mechanics
Sisera: hits and pinatas.

Cymril: misses.
Maps
Aeron & Dessarius
Everyone Else
Map Info
Cave Wall: If the wall takes up more than half of a square, squeezing is required to be in that square. Squares with only a tiny amount of open space are impassible. Ping me if unsure re: specific squares.
Character Info
Nokve: Omnivorous, otter-like, bipedal, amphibian, long-tailed creatures who reside in the caves along the winding cliffside shores of the delta. They are somewhat dangerous if encountered in person, but they rarely leave their own habitats, despite the tales the Kurnish children tell. They are about the size of a large dog. With canid-like teeth and a short snout, they typically eat fish, shellfish, and whatever else they can find among the sea-caves beneath Groznid's heights. They sometimes forage near the mouth of the caves but rarely beyond it.
Status

Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

With one Nokve left, Alierin rushes to help the others deal with it. Swiping at it as she charges at it.

Mechanics
Move: walk to (AJ,17) (half speed due to squeezing.

Free: Unsqueeze.

Main: Charge to AN, 15 avoiding OAs, 14 vs AC = hit? for 10 damage.

[1d20+10]=4+10=14[1d4+2]=3+2=5[2d8]=5
Combat Block
Alierin

Female Halfling Rogue 3
Languages: Kurnish, Elven
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 167 lbs.

Initiative: +6 (+8 when within 10 squares of Sisera)
Passive Perception: 16
Passive Insight: 11

AC: 18 (19 from Dess)
Fort: 12
Reflex: 18
Will: 14
HP: 21/34
Bloodied: 17
Surges left: 4/7
Action Points: 0

MBA: 1d20+8 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage
RBA: 1d20+12 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage

Resistances: None

Vulnerabilities: None

Saves: +5 Against Fear

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Piercing Strike
Acrobatic Strike

Second Wind [X]
Skulking Spy [X]
Second Chance [_]
Dazing Strike [X]
Tumble [_]
Low Slash [X]

Press the Advantage[X]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
Nimble Reaction: You gain a +2 racial bonus to opportunity attacks.

Artful Dodger: You gain a bonus to AC equal to your charisma modifier (+3) against opportunity attacks.

Sneak Attack: When you make an attack with a light blade, a hand crossbow, a shortbow, or a sling and hit an enemy granting combat advantage to you, that enemy takes extra damage of 2d6. You can deal this extra damage once per turn.

Backstabber: The extra damage dice from your sneak attack class feature increase from d6s to d8s.

Light Blade Expertise: +1 bonus to attacks with light blades and +1 damage to damage rolls against creatures granting CA.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime
Registered for: 5 years

Post by BartNL »

As the group circles in on the Nokve, Vaughn guides Aeron's hands to find the animals weak spots.
Mechanics
Minor Action: Use healing spirit on Aeron: Aeron can spend a healing surge and Heal Vaughn for 1d6 =[1d6]=2 Hitpoints

Standard action: Claws of the Eagle: Aeron can make an MBA (Virtuous Strike) against Nokve
[1d20+13]=8+13=21
vs AC for [1d12+6]=8+6=14 +4 (stalker Spirit) +3 (Sisera) for 21 radiant damage and Aeron gains a +2 bonus to saving throws until the start of your next turn. The target grants CA until the end of my next turn.

Reaction
Use Spirit Fangs if an enemy leaves a square adjacent to my SC without shifting

Combat Block
Male Deva Shaman 3
Languages: Elven, Kurnish, Serran
Height: 6"7
Weight: 210 lbs.

Initiative: +8
Passive Perception: 21
Passive Insight: 16

AC: 17 (18 devout protector Dessarius)
Will: 17
Astral Majesty: +1 to all defenses against bloodied creatures
HP: 29/32
Bloodied: 16
Surges left: 4/7

MBA: +5 vs AC, 1d4+1 damage
RBA: Magic missile (no roll) 7 damage

Resistances:
6 Necrotic
6 Radiant

Saves: None

Powers:

Magic Missile
Stalker's Strike
Spirit's Fangs
Call Spirit companion
Claws of the Eagle

Second Wind [_]
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [_]
Magic Missile (minor action) [_]
Healing Spirit [X] [X]
Speak with Spirits [X]
Beguiling Strands[_]
Ironbreaker Claws [X]
Engaging Pursuit [_]
Infectious Spark [X]

Spirit of the Healing Flood [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]
Class Features
Stalker Spirit: Ally adjacent to spirit companion adds my intelligence modifier (+4) to damage rolls against bloodied enemies

Racial Features

Feats
Tome Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls that you make with a tome. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
In addition, enemies adjacent to your conjurations or summoned creatures grant combat advantage. An enemy that is immune to fear is immune to this effect.

Arcane Initiate: You gain training in the Arcana skill.
Choose a 1st-level wizard at-will power. You can use that power once per encounter. (Beguiling Strands)
In addition, you can use wizard implements.

Bonus damage
Allies adjacent to my SC deal +4 dmg against bloodied targets. I've been forgetting about this :S
Last edited by BartNL on Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 7: End!

Alierin's strike goes wide but draws the attention of the nokve long enough for Aeron's to land with Vaughn's aid. The massive nokve slumps to the ground, defeated, and the cave grows quieter once more. The bodies of many nokve lie around you, some from an earlier scuffle. "I can't imagine there's too many more of them now," Cymril says softly.

Aeron and Dessarius catch the glimpse of an adult nokve down one of the tunnels where you previous saw two juveniles.

Go: Everyone

Mechanics
Alierin: moves, unsqueezes, charges, misses.

Vaughn: heals, grants attack and hits and kills.
Maps
Aeron & Dessarius
Everyone Else
Map Info
Character Info
Status
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Hopefully not," Alierin says, agreeing with Cymril. "This way?" She asks, pointing towards the tunnel which forks off to the right of the one which contained the old iron door.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Aeron takes a deep breath of relief as the massive nokve slumps to the ground, finally felled. So much for all that time fishing if this is what it came to. He nods to Alierin once he shrugs off enough of the pain. "Yeah, let's get moving. Can't waste too much more time."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

You follow the seacave through another fork, finding it devoid of nokve now. The cave loops around itself before coming to a dead-end.
Vaughn, Sisera
In the tidepools among this dead end, you notice some familiar patterns among the shells of the shellfish here. A beige shell with seafoam green stripes must mean only one thing: the rare Murldinni Oyster. You know in your experiences that this creature has a tendency of forming pearls, which are highly sought after by merchants and the wealthy among Groznid alike.
Map
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"Look, Murldinni oysters. They can have rare pearls. With a bit of care, you can check for pearls without harming them." Vaughn, distracted by the molluscs starts carefully starts checking the oysters.
Mechanics
Nature check to find oyster pearls, without harming the oysters, using Speak With Spirits for +5 [1d20+16]=7+16=23
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

OOC
Vaughn's foraging is going to take some time. Would you guys like to try for a short rest? Or do something else in the meantime?
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Maybe someone is here for those," Sisera responds, as she notices the same thing Vaughn does. "This city has so many focused on money, I would not be surprised if someone has decided to run these creatures out of their home in hopes of keeping these oysters for themselves."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"I guess we should stick together," Alierin says, happy to wait a few minutes for some oyster gathering. "Afterwards I think we should try seeing if anything is further past the sags deeper down the central passage," she suggests. "We're running out of places to look."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Vaughn takes several minutes on a pearl hunt. With a keen eye and a gentle hand, he checks a couple dozen of the Murldinni oysters and comes away with three gleaming pearls — two the size of a treenut and one larger, almost twice the size. The oysters remain unharmed as he returns them to their pools.

OOC
Move to where Alierin suggests?
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Maybe one of the deeper paths wraps around back to another entrance," Aeron posits as they seem to run out of cave segments to explore with little else to run on. "As you said, it's unlikely they went too deep in, but they had to get in somehow." Left their boots inside, after all.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Nice Find!" Alierin says, observing the fruits of Vaughn's oyster foraging. "The big one especially will probably fetch a good amount of coin on the market."

"Maybe. We already found that iron door that must go somewhere," She replies to Aeron as they start down the path deeper into the tunnel system, back towards the piles of sacks.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"Nature provides." Vaughn replies with a smile
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

OOC
Everyone can process a short rest per request.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by FinalTemplar »

During the brief wait, Dessarius takes a bit of a sit down to catch his breath. He pulled out a small travel-sized sharpening stone and used it to do some spotwork on his sword while they waited, washing off the blood from the Nokve as best as he could to make sure his blade would be effective during the rest of their excursion. After a few minutes, he looks up at Vaughn's new pearls, and he gives a nod. "Good find, I imagine I could make something right pretty with those- Not that they're not spectacular already." He slowly stands, feeling his strength return. "I'm ready to move if you all are." He says, sheathing his sword and standing straight once more. 
OOC
After short rest, will follow Alierin's lead. No input on my part.

Mechanics
Short rest: Recover encounter powers "Second Wind" and "Sohei Flurry". Spend two healing surges, healing to full.
Combat Block
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Male Dragonborn Blackguard 3 (Reskinned Elf)
Languages: Kurnish, Elvish
Height: 6'7
Weight: 190 lbs.

Speed: 5
Senses: Low-light Vision

AC: 21
Fort: 17
HP: 39/39
Bloodied: 19
Surge Value: 10
Surges left: 4/11

MBA: Bastard sword - +11 vs. AC, 1d10+6 damage
RBA: N/A

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

At-Will -
Vengeance Strike
Dominator’s Strike
Item At-Will -

Encounter [_] -
Sohei Flurry []
Dragonfear []
Dread Smite [][]
Shroud of Shadow []
Vice’s Reward []
Second Wind []
Item Encounter [] -

Consumables:
None.
Important Features
[SHOW]
Power Details
[SHOW]
At-Will Powers
[SHOW]
Vengeance Strike - Standard - +11 vs AC - 1d10+6+(number of enemies adjacent*2, max of +8) to one target.
Dominator’s Strike - Standard - +11 vs AC - 1d10+6 damage. Effect: Gain +3 Temp HP.
Dark Menace - Constant - (For personal reference only) When making a weapon attack vs an enemy granting me CA, I may add +3 (Cha mod) to the damage dealt.
Spirit of Vice - Free action - 1/round - When I have temp hp, I may choose to deal 3 (Cha Mod) damage to myself to gain +3 (Cha mod) to my damage dealt on my next attack.
Encounter Powers
[SHOW]
Second Wind - Standard Action - Effect: Spend a healing surge and gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the SONT.
Sohei Flurry - Minor Action - Effect: +11 vs AC, 1d10+1 damage.
Dread Smite- Free Action - Trigger: I target an enemy with an at-will weapon attack power. Effect: The target takes cold and necrotic damage equal to 2+3 (Cha Mod). If the triggering attack hits, the target also takes ongoing 5 cold and necrotic (save ends).
Dragonfear - Minor Action - Close Burst 5 - Each enemy in burst - +9 vs Will - Target(s) take a -2 penalty to ATK rolls and grant CA until EONT.
Shroud of Shadow - Minor Action - Personal - Effect: I gain partial concealment until EONT. I also gain 5 THP.
Vice’s Reward - Minor Action - Personal - Effect: I gain 5 THP, and I can make a saving throw. In addition, I gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses until EONT.
Race Features
[SHOW]
Dragonborn Fury - +1 to Hit while bloodied.
Draconic Heritage - Add Con mod to healing surge value.
Dragonfear - Gain the Dragonfear power.
Theme Features
[SHOW]
Theme:
Level 1 Sohei Feature - Gain the Sohei Flurry power.
Class Features
[SHOW]
Dark Menace - Whenever I make a Weapon attack against an enemy granting CA to me, that enemy takes extra damage equal to my Cha mod (+3).
Dread Smite - I gain the Dread Smite power.
Shroud of Shadow - I gain the Shroud of Shadow power.
Spirit of Vice - I gain the Spirit of Vice free action.
Vengeance Strike - As my enemies press in upon me, my soul is filled with vengeance, and I use that strength to lash out.
Vice At-Will Power - I gain the Dominator’s Strike power.
Vice’s Reward -
Extra Dread Smite -
Feats
[SHOW]
Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword) - Gain proficiency with the Bastard Sword.
Practiced Study - Can master and perform martial practices. Gain “Master Artisan”.
Devout Protector Expertise - Gain +1 feat bonus per tier to weapon attack rolls you make with any one-handed melee weapon and a +1 feat bonus per tier to holy symbol implement attacks. While you use a shield, your allies gain a +1 shield bonus to AC.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Mechanics
Short Rest

Spend 1 surge to regain 8 HP and regain encounter powers.
Combat Block
Alierin

Female Halfling Rogue 3
Languages: Kurnish, Elven
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 167 lbs.

Initiative: +6 (+8 when within 10 squares of Sisera)

AC: 18 (19 from Dess)
Reflex: 18
Will: 14
HP: 29/34
Bloodied: 17
Surges left: 3/7
Action Points: 0

MBA: 1d20+8 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage
RBA: 1d20+12 vs AC, 1d4+6 damage

Saves: +5 Against Fear

Powers:

Piercing Strike
Acrobatic Strike

Second Wind [_]
Skulking Spy [_]
Second Chance [_]
Dazing Strike [_]
Tumble [_]
Low Slash [_]

Press the Advantage[X]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
Nimble Reaction: You gain a +2 racial bonus to opportunity attacks.

Artful Dodger: You gain a bonus to AC equal to your charisma modifier (+3) against opportunity attacks.

Sneak Attack: When you make an attack with a light blade, a hand crossbow, a shortbow, or a sling and hit an enemy granting combat advantage to you, that enemy takes extra damage of 2d6. You can deal this extra damage once per turn.

Backstabber: The extra damage dice from your sneak attack class feature increase from d6s to d8s.

Light Blade Expertise: +1 bonus to attacks with light blades and +1 damage to damage rolls against creatures granting CA.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Mechanics
Short rest

Combat Block
Male Deva Shaman 3
Languages: Elven, Kurnish, Serran
Height: 6"7
Weight: 210 lbs.

Initiative: +8
Passive Perception: 21
Passive Insight: 16

AC: 17 (18 devout protector Dessarius)
HP: 26/32
Bloodied: 16
Surges left: 3/7

MBA: +5 vs AC, 1d4+1 damage
RBA: Magic missile (no roll) 7 damage

Resistances:
6 Necrotic
6 Radiant

Powers:

Magic Missile
Stalker's Strike
Spirit's Fangs
Call Spirit companion
Claws of the Eagle

Second Wind [_]
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [_]
Magic Missile (minor action) [_]
Healing Spirit [_] [_]
Speak with Spirits [_]
Beguiling Strands[_]
Ironbreaker Claws [_]
Engaging Pursuit [_]
Infectious Spark [_]

Spirit of the Healing Flood [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]
Class Features
Stalker Spirit: Ally adjacent to spirit companion adds my intelligence modifier (+4) to damage rolls against bloodied enemies

Racial Features

Feats
Tome Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls that you make with a tome. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
In addition, enemies adjacent to your conjurations or summoned creatures grant combat advantage. An enemy that is immune to fear is immune to this effect.

Arcane Initiate: You gain training in the Arcana skill.
Choose a 1st-level wizard at-will power. You can use that power once per encounter. (Beguiling Strands)
In addition, you can use wizard implements.
Last edited by BartNL on Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

You head deeper into the cavern, the overwhelming smell from the ammonia present throughout the system burning your nose once more. Instead of turning left toward the sacks, Dessarius and Aeron peer right, finding a pair of nokve far in the distance. They do not seem to notice your presence yet, but may soon based on the flickering of your two torches.
Mechanics
Everyone except Dessarius, roll an Endurance check.

Also need short rest results for Aeron and Sisera.
Maps
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Mechanics
Endurance check: [1d20+1]=6+1=7
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Aeron lowers his voice, watching the nokve ahead. "More ahead. Keep it down and ready that fish. Hopefully these can be distracted." We can hope, at least.
Mechanics
Spend 1 healing surge to fully heal

Endurance:[1d20+2]=13+2=15
Combat Block
Aeron

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3
Languages: Elven, Kurnish, Common
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 225 lbs.

Speed: 5
Initiative: +1 (+2 w/ Sisera)
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Insight: 21
Senses: Low-light Vision

AC: 19 (+1 w/ Dess)
Fort: 15
Reflex: 12
HP: 43/43
Bloodied: 21
Surge Value: 10
Surges left: 7/13

MBA (Virtuous Strike): +11 vs AC, 1d12+6 radiant damage and +2 to saving throws until SONT
MBA Charging (Ardent Strike): +11 vs AC, 1d12+6 damage and the target is subject to Divine Sanction until EONT
MBA (Hold Fast): +11 vs AC, 2d12+6 damage and the target is immobilized until EONT
RBA: +2 vs AC, 1d4+1 damage

Powers:

Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands
Virtuous Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Sanction

Second Wind [_]
Guardian's Counter [_]
Intent Laid Bare [_]
Valorous Smite [_]
Virtue [_]
Divine Mettle [_]*
Divine Strength [_]*
Hold Fast [_]

Majestic Halo [_]

*Can only use one Channel Divinity power per encounter

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:
Class Features
Divine Challenge/Sanction: While a target is marked, it takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls for any attack that doesn’t include you as a target. Also, it takes radiant damage equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier (+5) the first time it makes an attack that doesn’t include you as a target before the start of your next turn. The damage increases to 6 + your Charisma modifier (+5) at 11th level, and to 9 + your Charisma modifier (+5) at 21st level. On your turn, you must engage the target you challenged or challenge a different target. To engage the target, you must either attack it or end your turn adjacent to it. If none of these events occur by the end of your turn, the marked condition ends and you can’t use divine challenge on your next turn.

Racial Features
Group Diplomacy: You grant allies within 10 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy checks.

Feats
Two-Handed Weapon Expertise: You gain a + 1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls you make with a two-handed melee weapon. In addition, you gain a + 1 bonus to the damage rolls of charge attacks you make with a two-handed melee weapon. Both of these bonuses increase to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Weapon Proficiency (Fullblade): You gain proficiency with the Fullblade.

Mark of Warding: Whenever one of my powers grants a bonus to a defense, increase that bonus by 1. When I mark an enemy, they take -3 to attack rolls for attacks that don't target me instead of -2.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Hopefully the bait works this time, that's the only way we really have left to explore," Alierin says, keen to try avoiding the remaining nokve.

Mechanics
Endurance: [1d20+2]=4+2=6
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Agreed," Sisera responds to Alierin. "We have already killed enough of these things, hopefully we can lure these away and not need to kill any others." As before, Sisera once again slinks forward through the tunnel and attempts to place some fish, in hopes that the nokve will be drawn to those instead of herself and her allies. Please, take it this time.

Mechanics
Short Rest: spend 1 surge to return to 29 hp, recover all encounter powers

Endurance: [1d20+6]=6+6=12

Nature for animal handling to give nokve food: [1d20+7]=12+7=19
Combat Block
Sisera

Female Human Warlord 3
Languages: Elven, Kurnish
Height: 6' 6"
Weight: 172 lbs.

Passive Perception: 15
Passive Insight: 10

AC: 17
Fort: 19
HP: 29/34
Bloodied: 12
Surges left: 6/8

MBA (Scimitar): +7 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
RBA (Longbow): +7 vs AC, 1d10+4 damage

Resistances:
3 ongoing damage

Vulnerabilities: none

Saves: none

Active Effects:
ALL READ: Allies within 10 squares who can see/hear me get +2 power bonus to init always. Allies who spend and AP can shift 3 squares for free before or after their attack.

Powers:

Viper's Strike*
Direct the Strike
Paint the Bulls-Eye*

Second Wind [_]
Inspiring Word [_][_]
Vengeance is Mine [_]
Steppe-Horse Spirit [_]
Race the Arrow [_]

Lead the Attack [_]

* These powers have extra effects from feats, not listed in the normal power section

Consumables: none

Important Features:
Class Features
Archer Warlord: Strength for RBA instead of Dexterity, + some proficiencies

Combat Leaders: allies who can see/hear me within 10 squares gain +2 power bonus to init

Skirmishing Presence: allies can shift 3 squares for free when using AP before or after attack

Theme Features
Level 1 Feature: Free mounted combat feat

Feat(ures)
Mounted Combat: Gain access to special powers of mounts if they have them. Don't suffer normal penalties to mount attacks while riding. Mounted creature can make any Athletics, Acrobatics, Endurance, or Stealth checks using my skill values instead of their own.

* Harrowing Swarm Student: When used with any bow or crossbow, my Paint the Bulls-Eye has the rattling keyword, causing enemies hit by it to take -2 to attacks until the end of my next turn unless they are immune to fear effects.

Master at Arms: Can sheathe one weapon and draw another with the same minor action.

* Desert Moon Student: When attacking an unbloodied enemy with a high-crit heavy blade (my scimitar), my Viper's Strike lets me shift 2 squares for free on a hit

Superior Fortitude: resist 3 ongoing damage
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The noxious air bears down on you while Sisera sets up a bait pile from her and Vaughn's earlier foraging pursuits. Vaughn and Alerin find themselves coughing violently at the fumes, though thankfully the loud ambient noise of the surf drowns it out.

After a long moment, one of the nokve waddles your way. Spotting some of the fish, it lets out a soft, droning noise, almost like the purr of a cat except sharper in tone. It only has time to chomp down one of the fish before a throng of four more nokve come from behind. They quarrel over the forage with excited grunts and the occasional shove, and within seconds they scatter back where they came from — leaving none behind.

Mechanics
Vaughn and Alierin lose one healing surge. Sisera and Aeron succeed. Dessarius is unaffected due to his mask.

Map
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Nice," Alierin says as the nokve take the bait and disappear. "Let's get going while they're still busy," she says, pushing on further into the tunnel, despite the toxic air burning the back of her throat.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"L-let's" Vaughn replies red-eyed and coughing.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Yeah," Aeron says, relief washing over him as his shines his torch forward. Not keen to waste more time, he starts leading ahead, curious where this branch leads and whether any clues may be found within.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

With Dessarius and Aeron in the lead, you move further through the unexplored branch of the cave. A large series of stalagmites reach up to the ceiling in this area, like beige pillows arrayed in a perfect tower. As you keep close to the wall, the light from your torches reveal the dim shape of a body laying behind the rock formations — as well as another massive nokve. It turns at your approach and lets out a bellowing screech, but doesn't draw closer.

Vaughn
From your previous experience studying nokve, you sense this one seems distinctly territorial — whether guarding the body or something else entirely.
Sisera
From your crash course on nokve throughout this cave system, you sense this one seems distinctly territorial — whether guarding the body or something else entirely.
Map
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"That could be something to do with what's got them all riled up," Alierin says as she spots the dead orc. "I'll check out the other tunnel if you want to try and bait this nokve," she says to Sisera, before starting carefully down the offshoot to the right, after grabbing one of the torches, wary of aggravating any more nokve.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Alierin takes a torch from Cymril, before heading further into the cave along the right. As she rounds the corner of the stalagmite, she comes quite close to a second of the massive nokve. It bares its gaping maw at her, hissing, before taking a single step forward — orienting its body toward her as if preparing a charge.

Map
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Spotting the other nokve, Alierin backs off, returning to the group.

"The tunnel loops around here and there's another nokve guarding the body," she explains.

"The tunnel does continue past this loop though, but there's no getting there without going past the nokve."
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"Can we try to distract them with some food?" Vaughn asks.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Dessarius sighs, clearly exhausted of this damn cave, and these damn biting little creatures. "I'm, just, no more of these things are dying today." He stomps forward, slamming his sword against his shield, and shouts, as if to try and scare off the nokve.
Mechanics
Intimidation to try and scare the creature: [1d20+11]=10+11=21
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The clang of Dessarius' sword against the metal boss of his shield reverberates through the caves. The greater nokve before you winces at the sharp tone, and the blacksmith's follow-up bluff charge manages to rout it. It turns tail and scrambles over the prone figure. You hear the sound of the second one take flight as well — the two of them lumbering off further into the tunnel ahead.

"I didn't think that would work," Cymril admits, her face a bit paler than normal.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Dessarius lets his sword lower, letting out a deep sigh. "Honestly, I wasn't sure it would, either." He blinked a few times.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Well good job," Alierin says to Dess as she moves forward to examine the body.

"Now who are you?" She asks aloud as she starts to look for any identifying marks or items on the orc.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

As you round the massive stalagmite, the torch light fully illuminates the prone figure. It is a young orcish man, maybe eighteen or nineteen. He is dead, with deep punctures all over his left arm and hand, while his right hand is entirely gone at the wrist. His simple garb is marred with blood; his breeches are torn at the knee, and a boot is missing.

A quick peek at the remaining boot and Alierin is able to match it to the one found earlier, near the sacks. A small pouch is still bound to his belt, left alone by the nokve.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"He must be the one to place the sacks," Sisera says, as she gazes at the corpse of the young orc. "But why? He is so young, he must have been prompted by someone else."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Hopefully this will tell us," Alierin says, reaching down and taking the sack from the orc's belt. She opens it up hoping its contents will reveal more of the mystery surrounding the caves.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Vaughn inspects the wounds, trying to find out how long the body has been here.
Mechanics
[1d20+6]=2+6=8 Heal check to find out how long the orc was killed.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Vaughn
The corpse is waterlogged, the wounds slick with partially clotted blood, sea-water, and what appears to be a thick mucus. You aren't sure, but you'd wager the orc was kiled within the last few days.

Alierin
You unlatch the pouch at the dead orc's waist. Inside, you find three things of note.

A polished brass key, stamped with the image of a shimmering wave.
A bag of silver sovereigns and copper pieces totaling 14 GP.
A scrap of parchment rolled up. Unraveling it, it reads:
Note
Grind crystals into fine powder, it disperses better. Rub the powder on the walls around chest level or higher. Do this each morning for a week, then come and see me.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Grind crystals into fine powder, it disperses better. Rub the powder on the walls around chest level or higher. Do this each morning for a week, then come and see me," Alierin says, reading the note she found aloud.

"There's a key and a fair bit of coin too," she adds. "The key could open the door we found?"
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"It's possible," Aeron thinks for a moment, considering the body and note Alierin had discovered. "But that latch basically crumbled in your hand. Maybe that symbol means something though." He looks at the key, thumbing over the wave as he takes hold of it.
Mechanics
Streetwise to recognize the symbol: [1d20+6]=6+6=12

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Aeron
You swear you've seen the symbol somewhere in Groznid. Some sort of business on one of the docks, but the specifics elude you.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Can't place it," Aeron says, wearing a slight frown, shaking his head. "Some business by the docks though. I know I've seen it before."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Ah shit, we better not get wrapped up in another criminal organization," Alierin says, seeing similarities between this and Kiros’s gang.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

OOC
Others can also roll a Streetwise check to see if you recognize the key's origin from its logo.