Otherworld IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: Otherworld IC

Post by Pashalik »

Gamil
[SHOW]

Gamil recognizes the cramped shared bedroom he wakes up in as part of the small inn(think bed&breakfast more than hotel) in the village of Rhapsody.

OOC - Attention
[SHOW]

Your characters are now subject to a new house rule, Will of the Soul. Details have been added to the OOC thread, at the bottom of my first post. :D

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by FinalTemplar »

Grozzuk stands slowly, letting out a breath as he had finally calmed down. "So we all shared this dream? Is it because of magic? Who was that Demon man I seemed to know?" Grozzuk said, seeming to recall less of Damocles than the others.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Lorion shrugs at the dragonborn's question, unsure of the answer himself. "It definitely wasn't some kind of trick or illusion, I can tell you that. And the only magic I can feel is just from Cinder's own abilities," the high elf replies, shaking his head in confusion. Surely there's no way magic isn't at play here. It just has to be.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"I... don't know," Cinder says, feeling a bit confused and distressed that she cannot place the man in her mind. "But we knew him, we must have. In the dream he was our friend, right? We can't have all dreamed up a figment of our collective imagination..." could we?

The woman rubs her forehead, wiping some of the sweat off. Afterwards she moves a hand to one of her horns, hoping for a brief moment that those were merely a dream too, but the hope is short-lived as the familiar feeling of the protrusions take their usual place upon her forhead. She frowns and sighs, looking around to the others.

"Well, now that we are up I suppose we should get ready to begin our investigation," she says. Not waiting for the others to concur, she moves out of her bed and begins searching through her things for her usual robes, donning them groggily while her mind races with thoughts of Damocles, the dream, her own corruption, and all sorts of other worries that plague the woman's mind on a daily basis.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Grozzuk had turned and nodded at Cinder, "There is definitely something going on here that doesn't seem right." He turned away again, trying to organize his thoughts, collecting and beginning the process of donning his armor. But just who was that man in the dream? I feel like I should know the face of a man ready to kill me... What was the name I had said?... Daymen? Dymocon? Darein? ... Hm. I cannot recall. He finished donning his armor considering his options. "I might go see an old friend. He might know the answer to this." Grozzuk said softly as if just to voice his thoughts. He pulled out a small jade-encrusted dagger and sat on his bed, shifting it in the palm of his hand. As he looked at it, a sense of warmth came to his heart and he shed a small tear, being reminded of his chosen father, almost all his worries and fears from the night before seemed to vanish, and he felt whole again.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Could be we stumbled across one case of the rumors going around Rhapsody," Gamil says, his breathing still elevated. "Don't count this as a coincidence, either."

He begins packing up his things, rinsing some water on his face to wake him further. "C'mon. We'll eat rations on the road. Don't want to stay for a meal."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Ah, yes that could be," Cinder replies to her diminutive friend. If that is what the whole town is experiencing on a regular basis, it is no wonder they're alarmed. Turning to Grozzuk, she asks, "is your friend in Rhapsody? We could come with you." After a short pause, she adds, "if that is alright with you, that is."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"It needs to be," Gamil says, decisively. "We're not going to split up."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"I wonder if these kinds of dreams are a regular occurrence here then," Lorion remarks after his goblin companion. "But I have no doubt that some kind of powerful magic is at work here. There's no other explanation." Though he didn't expressly feel any magical presence, he finds it hard to believe that it would have no role.

The elf finally rises, donning his usual tunic and gathering his things to get going. Replying to the dragonborn, he says, "If it doesn't take too long, fine. But I'd like to get a move on too. We've got work to do, it seems."

Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced

Post by Pashalik »

Investigating in Rhapsody
[SHOW]

We're going to handle this as a loose, psuedo-skill challenge. Each of you may post what you would like to do to hunt for leads, using a skill or not(probably using a skill, though). I should have time to make responses between each investigation post. I'm not going to put forth a list of skills, as different skills will become more or less appropriate as we move through the process, though Streetwise would be an obvious starting point.

Note: You don't know or remember much about Rhapsody, as aside from whatever might be going down now, it's just a little village in the orbit of a bigger city. The main things that stood out to you coming in the day before is that there are a lot of tieflings in Rhapsody, and that a lot of little shops and signs are music-themed, and/or reference their annual music festival

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Grozzuk shook his head. "Nay, it would be too far out of the way. I'll seek him out later." He put the dagger back in its sheath. "It's time to get a move on then, yes?" He spoke, adjusting his armor on himself. He considered their current predicament. I have to wonder where the best place to start would be.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Gamil stares back, already halfway out the door. "First place to check is always the pub," the goblin says. "Let's move."

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Streetwise check to sniff out some leads at a tavern or pub: 6(1d20) +9 = 15

Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced

Post by Pashalik »

The party asks around the closest thing to a pub: the common room of the inn. It's still early in the morning, and so this turns out to a decent hub of local color. Gamil manages to pick a likely person and ask about the strange happenings, but soon you have three and four people chiming in at once.

"There's a place in the woods near here that doesn't look right. No one knows when it started but that it must have been a few days ago now."

"-It's all wrong, like a painting come to life or somethin'!"

"I'm tellin' ya, it's the damned faeries, they're taking our woods!"

"There's a ruined castle and everythin'"

"We've kept anyone from going in, but what if something comes out?"

"Look, there's one now, probly come to run us off!"

"Oh, she is not, Tilmin, just hush."

"We were hoping the Academy would send someone, but you're the first ones to come."

pix
[SHOW]

Marian(the Innkeeper)

Tilmin

Mrs. Blue

Miss Purple

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

A ruined castle? Faeries? Gamil holds up a hand to shush the overlapping ramblings.

"One at a time, please. Too early for all this shouting," the goblin requests. He nods toward the innkeep. "Ma'am, when'd you first find this 'place'? And describe it the best you can. It don't look right how?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cinder motions to herself when mentioned by the old farmer, looking a bit nervous once singled out. Do they really thing I am here to steal their land? she thinks, not relishing the thought of heaving to experience persecution like she had back home from the locals.

"That doesn't sound like something any fairy would do," Cinder says aloud, more to herself then to the villagers. Turning to the brunette woman, she asks, "were there any large, thorny vines near the castle? Or other odd vegetation you'd never seen before?"

Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced

Post by Pashalik »

Marian opens her mouth and closes it, furrowing her brow for a moment. "Well, I don't know how you'd describe it, really. Ceri's bit about the painting isn't quite right, but I don't know. It's wavery, and the colors are different." (It seems unlikely that you'll get anything more specific from her.)

Tilmin keeps muttering about faeries, but his wife seems to have him under control.

The maid looks a little more sheepish when asked directly by Cinder, but she answers, "Well, there vines and such on it, but just normal-size, I think.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Lorion listens with piqued interest as the inn's denizens discuss the strange castle and other odd happenings surrounding it. As the innkeeper attempts to describe the colors of the area, the elf wracks his brain, trying to recall any magical effects that seem similar. Could it be an illusion or did the landscape actually change colors?

Curious if other townspeople have had a similar experience and he and his companions, the elf asks, "Have any of you been having strange dreams since the tower showed up?"

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Arcana for arcane knowledge on the effect this lady is describing: 17(1d20) +15 = 32

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Gamil frowns, unsure what to make of the weak explanation. This sort of thing ain't my strong suit. Might be best to just... walk into it.

The goblin brushes his hand against the stubble on his jaw. "Anybody go out there? Your folk?"

Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced

Post by Pashalik »

Tilmin's wife answers Lorion as the others are talking. "None to speak of really. Some of us have woken up in a fright, but of course, no one remembers what they were dreaming of."

Lorion
[SHOW]

Her description is too vague for your liking, but some possibilities that occur to you include:

• Illusions
  • Infernal corruption
  • gateway magic
  • overflowing abundance of mana(any color could still fit)

But all of these possibilities are strange, because each would require a powerful mage putting time and effort into creating it, and even then, for this to be going on for days is beyond what even your teachers could do.

Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced

Post by Pashalik »

Marian holds herself a bit proudly. "We've managed to keep everyone away so far. Everyone wants a look, so of course we looked, but we've kept everyone from touching anything."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Must not be the Stranger, then, Cinder thinks, upon hearing that the mysterious forest castle bears no surrounding vines of the sort she found in the Brambles. She listens as the other interrogate the people in the inn, watching each one for signs of deceit or otherwise ulterior motive.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Insight on people: 13

Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced

Post by Pashalik »

Cinder
[SHOW]

Everyone seems under-informed and out of their depth, but they don't seem to be trying to pull anything shady on you.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Grozzuk stepped forward and spoke up. "So where did you say these occurrences were happening again?" He asked, so they would know where to look. As he asked this he took a slow glance around the room, looking for anyone acting suspiciously.

Perception
[SHOW]

20(1d20) +8 = 28

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced

Post by Pashalik »

"It's past the treeline to the north of town. Follow the river up and you should see it within about two hours' walk."

Grozzuk
[SHOW]

The folks you're talking to seem genuinely confused and concerned about the occurrence. No one is skulking around.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

"Thank you." He nodded and hoped Lorion would remember that. He seemed pleased that he didn't see anyone skulking around, and let out a breath.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Gamil nods to the innkeep, satisfied at the tip. "We'll check it out," he promises.

Turning back to the others, he beckons them toward the door once more. "C'mon. We'll eat on the road."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cinder nods and follows after Gamil, confident that the townfolk are harmless, and likely not involved in whatever strangeness is happening in the woods. I hope no fey are behind this, she thinks, as the group begins down the road. I couldn't bear the shame of encountering them.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Lorion is unsatisfied as he's unable to pinpoint what the magical effect may be, though grows eager to investigate himself. I guess we'll just have to see what she means in person then. As Gamil beckons the party toward the door, the elf replies, "Yes, let's. I'd like to get to the bottom of these oddities."

Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced

Post by Pashalik »

With a spring in their step, the party heads out of Rhapsody and makes their way north, keeping the small river close to their left as a guide. It's a overcast, even gloomy morning, but Marian sent you with some fresh rolls and spicy cheese as a thank you for looking into the situation. The scattering of trees here isn't close to what Cinder would consider a forest, but it seems woodsy enough for the city dwellers.

Ahead, you can see a slight shimmering, which draws nearer as you get closer. About fifty feet from it, you stop to get a good look. The anomaly is at least fifty feet wide, and perhaps thirty feet tall. The edges are abrupt, irregular, and appear to waver like a heat shimmer. Beyond it is what appears to be a sunny grassland, with patches of red and violet clustering around a large structure in the distance. But the colors all seem to bright and vivid to be real, and between the shimmer effect and the distance, you can't make out any details. Even this far away, something about the anomaly seems to give you a sense of fear in the pit of your stomachs.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Lorion looks with curiosity and fear as the group approaches the strange anomaly, finally understanding what the townspeople were trying to describe. This shimmering... It almost looks like a mirage. But there's no way that's all this is. He steps forward from the group slightly, trying to discern what kinds of magic are involved in the anomaly's existence.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Insight to determine if it's an illusion (even though I'm already pretty sure it is): 13(1d20) +11 = 24

Arcana to detect magic: 13(1d20) +15 = 28

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

What in Rog's... What the fuck is this? Gamil stares at the gaping facade before him. "See anything like this before?" he asks those around him, at a loss. And here, I thought those commonfolk were too into their story.

The goblin peers into the strange portal, looking for any signs of movement that isn't the shimmering veil itself twisting and writhing.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

2(1d20) +8 = 10

Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced

Post by Pashalik »

Lorion
[SHOW]

Illusion Check: The only active illusion is your own.

Detect Magic: Raw mana emanates from the anomaly. It is clearly a magical phenomenon, though it does not seem to be a spell.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Following somewhat aimlessly after Lorion, Cinder also approaches closer to the strange... thing before them, curious what it could be and where it came from. Could fey magic truly be at work like they claim? the dryad thinks, trying to recall if she had heard of any spells or rituals that could cause such an effect.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Arcana to figure out if it is fey: 27

Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced

Post by Pashalik »

Cinder
[SHOW]

Is it fey: No, you don't think so. The effect reminds you of the crossing points into the fey realms, but this forest isn't big or thick enough to have a fey realm. Those crossings are also smooth, and subtle enough that mortals won't usually see it. By comparison this anomaly would be horrendously crude.

Gamil
[SHOW]

Beyond the shimmering, you can make out three dark shapes.
They appear vaguely humanoid in size and shape, and are moving closer.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Three contacts," Gamil sights, pointing forward. "On the move toward this... barrier." Under his cloak, he draws his blades quietly, ready for whatever might happen. "Play it calm, but be wary."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cinder frowns at Gamil's mention of approaching figures. Hopefully friendly, she thinks, turning back to the others after completing her examination of the thing before them. "Whatever this is, it doesn't seem fey in origin as the man in the village thought," she says, quite certain in her determination.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Whatever it is, be ready," Lorion utters quickly, glaring at the approaching figures. "This thing is emanating an immense amount of raw mana, so these creatures may be powerful." The elf focuses his eyes on the creatures, hoping to make out more details despite the lack of clarity.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Perception to get a better look at the approaching figures: 20(1d20) +11 = 31 oh

History to see if Lorion remembers anything like this anomaly: 6(1d20) +15 = 21

Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced

Post by Pashalik »

With Gamil and Lorion watching the shapes you have just enough time to steel yourself for their arrival. Out of the shifting curtain of mana step three figures. The shadows cling to them, and two of them stumble as their feet hit the ground. The two who stumbled appear as vaguely human shapes carved from pure shadow. The third is a gaunt figure in a tattered cloak. it has no legs, but hovers at normal height, apparently not needing any. The cloaked figure lets out a low wail and points at you. As it does, the other two prepare to charge.

Roll initiative!

pix
[SHOW]

Lorion
[SHOW]

Even before they reach this side, you recognize the swirling shadows around them as a common sign of many lesser undead spirits. They appear to be solid, though, and that is not normal.

As for the anomaly. Just once, one of your teachers arranged for you to witness an active portal to an island in the Astral Sea. It required a lot of expensive equipment, a lot of power, and a very skilled mage to get a portal big enough for a small child open for maybe thirty seconds. The anomaly reminds you of that, but crude, uncontrolled, and far beyond what you were taught is even possible in its scale.

Everyone
[SHOW]

I will have the map up tomorrow. Between Gamil and Lorion's efforts, the area you can choose to start in will be expanded.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cinder frowns at the mention of them being powerful, immediately before the figures come more into view. At the sight of the strange beasts she grips her branch more tightly, as she always does when nervous. Where could these things be coming from... and what are they?

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Initiative: 10

Start: (T, 7)

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Lorion's eyes widen slightly as he recognizes the shadows around the figures. He feels a mixture of fear and confusion as he notices the undead spirits are solid compared to their usual ethereal nature. How in the world did they get this way? And what power is behind this portal?

Watching as the figures make their way through the veil, the elf takes a defensive stance, preparing himself for a fight if needed. Alerting the others to their nature, he says, "Ready yourselves. They're some kind of undead spirits, and they're definitely not supposed to be solid like that."

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Init: 19(1d20) +3 = 22

Start at R13

Mage Spellbook Choices (2 of each allotted at Lvl 6)
Encounter: Grasping Shadows & Color Spray

Daily: Horrid Whispers & Phantom Chasm

Utility: Shield & Emerald Eye

Last edited by Scratcherclaw on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Gamil's eyes widen. "This is a new development," he manages, hands clasped tightly on his daggers. Hope they go down the same as a man.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Initiative: 7(1d20) +8 = 15

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Grozzuk stared in shock as he watched the beings approach. His thoughts drifted slightly before he gulped, slammed a fist against his chest a few times and let out a loud roar as he drew his greatsword. "Stand behind me, friends! I won't let them get to you without a fight! He lunged forward to take the point, raising his weapon in preparation to strike.

Initiative
[SHOW]

1(1d20) +7 = 8

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced

Post by Pashalik »

Battle 1

Go: Lorion

mechanics
[SHOW]
map
[SHOW]

map info
[SHOW]

The violet squares represent the anomaly(color chosen for visibility). Who knows what would happen if you touched it?

Trees are fairly small, and will not block line of sight or effect.

enemy info
[SHOW]

Enemies 1-2: These appear to be creatures of solid shadow, roughly in the shape of a man.

Enemy 3: This appears to be a withered, nearly skeletal figure draped in a tattered robe. Having no lower body, it hovers above the ground.

status
[SHOW]

22 Lorion HP: 43/43 HS: 7/7 Def: 21/15/19/20
17 ??? 1 HP: ??/??
17 ??? 2 HP: ??/??
15 Gamil HP: 51/51 HS: 8/8 Def: 20/15/21/17
14 ??? 3 HP: ??/??
10 Cinder HP: 51/51 HS: 9/9 Def: 20/17/18/19
08 Grozzuk HP: 65/65 HS: 11/11 Def: 21/21/14/15

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Not wanting to waste a moment while these hostile spirits approach, Lorion strides forward. These spirits need to be put down before they can cause any damage. The elf summons an illusory horde of sprites to infiltrate the weak minds of his undead foes, grinning as the two bipedal spirits succumb to his simple trick.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Walk to O14

Standard: Winged Horde on Baddies 1, 2, & 3, centered on F11
Trigger Enlarge Spell to make it Area Burst 2 (-2 to dmg per damage die)
Attacks: 20(1d20) +11 = 31; 5(1d20) +11 = 16; 4(1d20) +11 = 15 vs Will = CRIT, Hit, & Miss
Damage: 7-2=5 psychic dmg on Baddie 1 and 5(1d6) +1 -2 = 4 psychic dmg on Baddie 2 & neither can make OAs until EONT

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Lorion

Male Eladrin Mage 6
Languages: Common, Elven
Height: 6'
Weight: 145 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 21
Passive Insight: 21
Senses: Low-light Vision

AC: 21
Fort: 15
Reflex: 19
Will: 20
HP: 43/43
Bloodied: 21
Surge Value: 10
Surges left: 7/7
Action Points: 1

MBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4 damage
RBA: +4 vs AC, 1d4+1 damage, or Magic Missile: 8 damage

Resistances: None

Vulnerabilities: None

Saves: None

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Winged Horde
Beguiling Strands
Mage's Spellbook
Magic Missile
Prestidigitation

Second Wind []
Fey Step []
Suggestion []
Chameleon's Mask []
Grasping Shadows []
Shield []
Color Spray []
Emerald Eye []

Horrid Whispers []
Phantom Chasm []

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class Features
Mage's Spellbook: At the end of each of your extended rests, you can prepare encounter attack powers, daily attack powers, and utility powers from your spellbook. At 6th level, you can prepare two encounter attack powers, two daily attack powers, and two utility powers.

Illusion Apprentice: When you hit a target with an arcane illusion power, the target takes a -2 penalty to the next attack roll it makes against you before the end of your next turn.

Illusion Expert: You gain a +2 bonus to Bluff checks and Stealth checks.

Theme
Starting Feature: If you are hidden when you use an arcane attack power and miss every target, you do not automatically become visible (though the targets are entitled to new Perception checks to see if they notice you).

Level 4 Feature: You do not gain the Apprentice Mage feature normally gained by a mage at 4th level. Instead, when one of your arcane attack powers causes an effect that a save can end, the target takes a -2 penalty to its first saving throw against that effect.

Level 5 Feature: Once per day at the end of a short rest, you can exchange one prepared power for another from your spellbook. The new power you prepare must be from the school you chose for your Apprentice Mage feature at 1st level.

Racial Features
Eladrin Education: You can training in one skill of your choice.

Eladrin Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the longsword.

Eladrin Will: You gain a +1 racial bonus to your Will
defense. In addition, you gain a +5 racial bonus to saving throws against charm effects.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Trance: You need to spend 4 hours in this state to gain the same benefits other races gain from taking a 6-hour extended rest. While in a trance, you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.

Feats
Unarmored Agility: You gain a +2 feat bonus to AC while wearing either cloth armor or no armor.

Superior Implement Training (Accurate orb): You can use the Accurate orb superior implement.

Phantom Echoes: When you use an arcane illusion power and hit a target, you gain a combat advantage against that target until the end of your next turn. If the illusion power has an effect that a save can end, you instead gain combat advantage against the target until it saves against that effect.

Orb Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls that you make with an orb. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. You also gain a +1 feat bonus to the number of squares you can pull, push, or slide targets of attacks that you make with an orb.

Enlarge Spell: Before using a wizard at-will or encounter attack power, you can choose to take a -2 penalty to each die of damage rolled with the power to increase the size of its blast o burst by 1. You can't s this feat on a power that doesn't roll dice for damage.

Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced

Post by Pashalik »

Battle 1

The shadowy figures slap at their arms, trying to ward off illusory sprites. Gathering their pain and rage, they rush at Lorion and attempt to rake him with their claws, but the mage is able to create a brief force field in the nick of time.

Go: Gamil

mechanics
[SHOW]

??? 1: Moves and charges Lorion, 22 v AC, Lorion uses Shield, ??? 1 misses

??? 2: Moves and charges Lorion, 17 vs AC, miss

map
[SHOW]

map info
[SHOW]

The violet squares represent the anomaly(color chosen for visibility). Who knows what would happen if you touched it?

enemy info
[SHOW]

Enemies 1-2: These appear to be creatures of solid shadow, roughly in the shape of a man.

Enemy 3: This appears to be a withered, nearly skeletal figure draped in a tattered robe. Having no lower body, it hovers above the ground.

status
[SHOW]

22 Lorion HP: 43/43 HS: 7/7 Def: 21/15/19/20, Shield
17 ??? 1 HP: -5/??
17 ??? 2 HP: -4/??
15 Gamil HP: 51/51 HS: 8/8 Def: 20/15/21/17

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Gamil makes a dash through the underbrush. Damn. Out of position, he thinks as he slides behind one of the strange combatants. He swipes at it with both blades, and one finds purchase in the enemy's leg. The goblin tears his blade free, maiming it before backing off defensively.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Run to O, 12. Granting CA -2 to attacks TSONT.

Minor: Low Slash on enemy Husk in (O, 13), with CA and flanking.
Attack: 18(1d20) +11 = 29
Damage: 2(1d4) +10(2d8) +12 = 24
Hits Reflex 29 for 24 damage, and Husk is slowed TEMNT.

Standard: Sly Flourish on Husk.
Attack: 3(1d20) +11 = 14
Damage: 2(1d4) +12 = 14
Misses AC 14.

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Gamil Softstep

Male Goblin Rogue 6
Languages: Common, Goblin
Height: 3'7"
Weight: 50 lbs.

Initiative: +8
Passive Perception: 18
Passive Insight: 18

AC: 20
Reflex: 21
Will: 17
HP: 51/51
Bloodied: 25
Surge Value: 12
Surges left: 8/8

MBA: +8 vs AC, 1d4+1
RBA: +13 vs AC, 1d4+6

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
Granting CA from running TSONT.

Powers:

Goblin Tactics
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike

Second Wind []
Takedown Strike []
Opening Move []
Sneak in the Attack []
Low Slash [X]
Living Shield [_]

Bloodbath []
Handspring Assault []

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

First Strike: Gain CA against any creates that have not acted yet.

Artful Dodger: +4 to AC versus OAs.

Light Blade Expertise: Gain +1 to damage with weapon attacks with a light blade on creatures granting CA.

Backstabber: Use d8s instead of d6s for Sneak Attack.

Ankle Biter: Gain +1 feat bonus to damage rolls against creatures Medium or larger.

Nimble Blade: Gain a +1 bonus to attacks with a light blade on targets granting CA.

Two-Weapon Fighting: Gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls when wielding two weapons.

Feature:

Equipped Items
[SHOW]

Code: Select all

Main Hand: Dagger
Offhand:   Dagger
Body:      Leather Armor

Head:      ---
Neck:      ---
Arms:      ---
Hands:     ---
Waist:     ---
Feet:      ---
Symbol:    ---
Ki Focus:  ---
Ring:      ---
Ring:      ---
Tattoo:    ---

Boon:      ---
Pashalik
The Fair and Balanced

Post by Pashalik »

Battle 1

Gamil's dagger digs into the shadow, leaving a gash in its leg that drips an inky, black substance. Meanwhile, the figure in the back hurls a bolt of sickly, black energy at Lorion. Luckily, the shot goes wide, and buries itself in the trunk of a nearby tree.

Go: Cinder, Grozzuk, Lorion

mechanics
[SHOW]

Gamil: Runs, hits, slows, misses

??? 3: Rot Bolt on Lorion, 14 vs reflex misses

map
[SHOW]

map info
[SHOW]

enemy info
[SHOW]

status
[SHOW]

22 Lorion HP: 43/43 HS: 7/7 Def: 21/15/19/20, Shield
17 ??? 1 HP: -29/??
17 ??? 2 HP: -4/??
15 Gamil HP: 51/51 HS: 8/8 Def: 20/15/21/17, grants CA to all until SOHNT, Low slash

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Seeing the creatures rush her allies, Cinder steps forward and touches her branch to the ground, drawing a fey spirit to her aid. As she does so, the bush near the others seems to come to life, infused with the power of the spirit. The bush creature of leaves and sticks seems to entwine itself around the legs of the nearby undead creatures, hindering their movement and leaving them open to attacks from the others.

The woman winces as she sees the black substance being launched at Lorion, and tries to watch in the direction of its source, hoping to not become a target herself. Whatever that is, I do not want that on me.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Minor Action: Call Spirit Companion
Effect: Spirt appears at (N, 14). All enemies adjacent to it (so ??? 1 and ??? 2 at the start of my turn) grant CA to me and all of my allies.

Move Action: move to (R, 9)

Standard Action: Bramble Ally on ??? 1
Attack: 20 +2 (from CA) = 22 vs Reflex = hit
Hit: 11 damage. Until the end of my next turn, any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to my spirit companion is immobilized during that turn. ??? 1 is bloodied.

Summary: ??? 1 & 2 are granting CA to everyone and begin their turns by becoming immobilized for the entire turn. If they try to move somehow, and don't shift, they become deafened and slowed for a turn.

Opportunity Action (off-turn): If en enemy leaves a square adjacent to my spirit without shifting, I can use World Speaker's Command on it: +9 vs Will, on hit target stops moving and has to use another move action to continue moving, and are deafened and slowed until the end of my next turn.

• Please consult me about this if it seems like this is something that isn't an obviously good choice to do. *
Combat Block
[SHOW]

Sionedwyn 'Cinder'

Female Hamadryad Shaman 6
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 173 lbs.

Passive Perception: 22
Passive Insight: 17

AC: 20
Fort: 17
Reflex: 18
Will: 19
HP: 51/51
Bloodied: 25
Surge Value: 12
Surges left: 9/9

MBA (Staff): +6 vs AC, 1d8+1 damage
RBA (unarmed): +4 vs AC, 1d4+1 damage

Saves:

• +2 vs daze, dominate, and stun

Active Effects:

• allies get +2 to all defenses vs OAs provoked while entering/leaving square adjacent to spirit companion
  • enemies (not immune to fear) adjacent to spirit companion grant CA

Powers:

World Speaker's Command
Voice of Battle
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit Infusion

Second Wind []
Hellfire and Brimstone []
Hamadryad Aspects []
Healing Spirit [][]
Speak with Spirits []
Hypnotism []
Bramble Ally [X]
Engaging Pursuit []
Spirit of Slavering Bloodlust []
Natural Terrain Understanding []

Spirit of the Healing Flood []
Ancient Progenitor Spirit []
Will Point: Type A []*
Will Point: Type B []*

* See special houserule in OOC OP

Consumables: None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class Features
Companion Spirit: Gain spirit companion, which must be present to use certain powers.

World Speaker Spirit Boon: allies who provoke OAs when entering or leaving squares adjacent to the spirit companion gain a +2 bonus to defenses against the OA

Racial Features
Fey Origin: considered a fey creature for effects relating to such creatures

Forest Walk (Hamadryad): ignore difficult terrain that is part of a tree, underbrush, or some other forest growth

Oaken Vitality:

• +5 racial bonus to endurance to resist effects of starvation, thirst, and suffocation. Survive twice the normal time when forced to make such checks.
    *Do not need sleep, but instead must meditate near a source of light, water, or on the ground for at least four hours to gain effects of extended rest. Remain fully aware of surroundings during this meditation.

Tree Mind: +2 racial bonus to saves vs daze, dominate, and stun

Theme Features
Level 5 Devil's Pawn Feature: +4 to diplomacy checks to interact with devils, duergar, devil cultists, and other creatures devoted to devils

Feat(ures)
Tome Expertise: Enemies (except ones immune to fear) adjacent to my spirit companion grant CA

Mark of Healing: When I use a healing power on an ally, or the Heal skill to allow them to use Second Wind, the ally can also make a saving throw. Can master and perform certain rituals.

Intolerable Command: Creatures hit with World Speaker's Command are also deafened and slowed until my EONT

World Serpent's Grasp: When I hit slowed or immobilized enemies, I knock them prone

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Lorion breathes a sigh of relief as the spirits fail to land their blows on him, but knows his luck may not last while surrounded. Hoping to distract his foes so he can make a retreat, Lorion produces a bright blast of dazzling color from his fingers. Using the distraction to his advantage, the elf etherealizes from where he stands, reappearing further away a moment later. Just try to hit me from back here, you dumb creatures.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Standard: Color Spray on ??? 1 & 2
Attacks: 13(1d20) +13 = 26; 2(1d20) +13 = 15 vs Will = Hit & Miss
Damage: 1(1d6) +6 = 7 radiant damage (??? 1) and it is dazed until end of my next turn

Move: Fey Step to teleport to S12

Combat Block
[SHOW]

Lorion

Male Eladrin Mage 6
Height: 6'
Weight: 145 lbs.

Passive Perception: 21
Passive Insight: 21

AC: 21
Reflex: 19
Will: 20
HP: 43/43
Bloodied: 21
Surge Value: 10
Surges left: 7/7

MBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4 damage
RBA: +4 vs AC, 1d4+1 damage, or Magic Missile: 8 damage

Saves: None

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Winged Horde
Beguiling Strands
Mage's Spellbook
Magic Missile
Prestidigitation

Second Wind []
Fey Step [X]
Suggestion []
Chameleon's Mask []
Grasping Shadows []
Shield [X]
Color Spray [X]
Emerald Eye [_]

Horrid Whispers []
Phantom Chasm []

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class Features
Mage's Spellbook: At the end of each of your extended rests, you can prepare encounter attack powers, daily attack powers, and utility powers from your spellbook. At 6th level, you can prepare two encounter attack powers, two daily attack powers, and two utility powers.

Illusion Apprentice: When you hit a target with an arcane illusion power, the target takes a -2 penalty to the next attack roll it makes against you before the end of your next turn.

Illusion Expert: You gain a +2 bonus to Bluff checks and Stealth checks.

Theme
Starting Feature: If you are hidden when you use an arcane attack power and miss every target, you do not automatically become visible (though the targets are entitled to new Perception checks to see if they notice you).

Level 4 Feature: You do not gain the Apprentice Mage feature normally gained by a mage at 4th level. Instead, when one of your arcane attack powers causes an effect that a save can end, the target takes a -2 penalty to its first saving throw against that effect.

Level 5 Feature: Once per day at the end of a short rest, you can exchange one prepared power for another from your spellbook. The new power you prepare must be from the school you chose for your Apprentice Mage feature at 1st level.

Racial Features
Eladrin Education: You can training in one skill of your choice.

Eladrin Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the longsword.

Eladrin Will: You gain a +1 racial bonus to your Will
defense. In addition, you gain a +5 racial bonus to saving throws against charm effects.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Trance: You need to spend 4 hours in this state to gain the same benefits other races gain from taking a 6-hour extended rest. While in a trance, you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.

Feats
Unarmored Agility: You gain a +2 feat bonus to AC while wearing either cloth armor or no armor.

Superior Implement Training (Accurate orb): You can use the Accurate orb superior implement.

Phantom Echoes: When you use an arcane illusion power and hit a target, you gain a combat advantage against that target until the end of your next turn. If the illusion power has an effect that a save can end, you instead gain combat advantage against the target until it saves against that effect.

Orb Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls that you make with an orb. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. You also gain a +1 feat bonus to the number of squares you can pull, push, or slide targets of attacks that you make with an orb.

Enlarge Spell: Before using a wizard at-will or encounter attack power, you can choose to take a -2 penalty to each die of damage rolled with the power to increase the size of its blast o burst by 1. You can't s this feat on a power that doesn't roll dice for damage.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Grozzuk lets out another roar, charging forward to take the fight to them. He moves behind the ghostly figure and raises his sword high, bringing it down on it's form.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: to N1.
Standard: Wicked Strike on ??? #1.
Attack: 4(1d20) +12 = 16
Damage: 3(1d10) +9 = 12

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)