Way Down in the Hole — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
ratwizard
A Wan Smile
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by ratwizard »

Velasco, Josie, Alerio, Atrix
The rest of your day is slow-paced, with little to do other than explore the city and enjoy your time off the road. Eventually before nightfall, you meet back up at the Missing Talon Tavern. A meeting has been called to order at a remote location by the Unfettered’s leadership, based on the note given to Josie.

Led by the two veteran agents among you, the group of you walk westward through a weave of surface streets. The warmth of the humid air wanes as the sun sets ahead. The sprawl of homes and shopfronts goes on for some time — the city’s expansive nature makes up for its overall lack of density compared to Razak or Hadibair. Eventually, you reach a long stretch of farmland that snakes along the riverfront. A few manors dot the small valley here, breaking up the monotony of pastures, vineyards, and orchards with vibrant and unique architecture that boasts elvish innovation.

The paved road becomes packed gravel. The sounds of the city fade, overtaken by the rustle of the grasses and trees from a warm seabreeze upriver. You are led between two fields along a narrow road flanked by sturdy, wooden fences. As you near the river, the farmland gives way to workshops, warehouses, and other industrial buildings along its banks. You make for one in particular — a squat, long warehouse with a series of pits and trenches spanning its flank, where heaps of wood are burned to create the charcoal used by the city’s craftsfolk. The site is mostly vacant, its laborers either gone or soon to be. The few that remain appear to be packing up a final cart shipment for the evening, and they pay you little notice as you pass the main entrance and head toward the side of the building.

Passing through an iron gate, you arrive in a wide atrium, the stone walls forming a U that shields it from most views except from the river below the slight cliff. The grounds within the atrium are unpaved and mostly dirt, though quite flat. Archery targets line a far wall, as well as a few vertical logs with thick pegs hammered into them — likely meant for martial training.

There are about a dozen people already here. A young orcish man stands outside an open door that leads into the warehouse itself. He gives the group of you a courteous nod as you arrive. (Velasco, Josie, and Atrix recognize him as Agirri.)

A whistle calls your attention toward the training area, where a smiling orcish man with a bow stows an arrow he had nocked. “Back from the dead, then?” he says to Josie as you near. (Velasco and Josie recognize him as Kaulitz, a rather chatty agent and alleged rumormonger.) Beside him, a middle-aged Serranborn woman pauses her knife-throwing to look your way as well. (Velasco and Josie know her as Samiira, a reserved and respected agent, with little known about her origins.)
Velasco & Josie
Among others gathering here, you spot Pōhaku, Hadrurus, and Yzgo.
Pōhaku, Hadrurus
Later that day, you have gathered once more in the workshop’s outdoor atrium, awaiting the meeting. There are about a dozen people already here, mostly faces that both of you recognize as other agents from Vyridis. Agirri stands by the door that leads inside, letting arriving folks know to muster outside for now until everything is ready.

On the far side of the atrium, a throng of people enter through the iron gates. Among them are Josie and Velasco, as well as five others that you don’t recognize. As they pass by the targets, Kaulitz hails them with a whistle, and Samiira pauses her knife-throwing. “Back from the dead, then?” Kaulitz says to Josie.
Gladia
Later that day, you have gathered once more in the workshop’s outdoor atrium, awaiting the meeting. There are about a dozen people already here, faces that you do not recognize, save for Pōhaku and Hadrurus, and Yzgo somewhere milling about. Agirri, the messenger from earlier, stands by the door that leads inside, letting arriving folks know to muster outside for now until everything is ready.

On the far side of the atrium, a throng of seven people enter through the iron gates. As they pass by the target practice area, Kaulitz hails them with a whistle, and Samiira pauses her knife-throwing. “Back from the dead, then?” Kaulitz says to one of them, presumably Josie — the agent you’d heard recently return with Velasco and others.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime
Registered for: 5 years

Post by BartNL »

Hadrurus walks up to Josie.
"Hi, Josie. I am so happy to see you back here. Thank you for destroying Pruul. He was a monster. If there's anything you need, let me know." Hadrurus says smiling happily.
Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution
Registered for: 2 years 2 months

Post by Chanchabruhh »

Pōhaku, while waiting for the meeting to begin, observes the arrivals with a keen eye. As Kaulitz and Samiira exchange words with Josie and Velasco, he remains attentive but restrained, not directly involving himself in the banter.

Respecting the gathering's atmosphere, Pōhaku refrains from interrupting the interactions between the returning agents and Kaulitz and Samiira. He maintains a composed demeanor, choosing to listen and observe the conversation without interjecting.

His focus remains on the upcoming meeting and the developments it might bring, a quiet determination visible in his demeanor as he awaits the start of the gathering.
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
Kairon Lergaros, The Shaded Jester
Eldrin Stormblade, Tempest-born Avenger
Kaze Mori the Gunpowder Titan 
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

Atrix returns Agirri's nod as he makes his way into the compound.

I wonder how many more are due to arrive, he wonders as he looks around, taking stock of the present attendees. He smirks slightly as other agents approach and bring up Kavox Pruul.

That dwarf's head is the reason I'm here, he thinks, remembering how investigating those rumors in Razak had led to now. He stays quiet for now, letting the established Unfettered members do the talking.
KupoTheMagus

Post by KupoTheMagus »

Gladia silently watches the interaction between faces familiar and not.
Something's getting in the way
Something's just about to break
I will try to find my place
in the Diary of Jane

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Nothing so interesting," Josie responds, offering a light-hearted smile in response to Kaulitz's jest. "But yes, I am glad to be back." She is surprised as the otherwise reserved Hadurus approaches her and excitedly welcomes her back.

"It was an unfortunate encounter that ended in deaths on both sides, but yes, Pruul's demise is quite welcome. I suppose everyone here most now know and be thrilled for his departure." So many familiar faces, yet one I do not. Josie  glances towards Gladia, looking the woman over as she wonders who she might be. A new recruit, perhaps? It would not be out of the ordinary, I just brought several of my own.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"With Pruul gone, you're both the talk of the town," Samiira says in reply to Josie, shooting a glance at Velasco. "It is good to see that you're alive and well though," she adds as she turns her gaze to the others in the group, lingering in particular on Alerio — her expression seeming to sour at the sight of the Talon.

"And bearing new blood," Kaulitz adds, eyeing the other newcomers. "You'll fit right in with Gladia over there." He hooks a thumb toward her. "Speaking of, how did you lot come across Kavox Pruul, anyhow?"
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Alerio catches the woman's unpleasant gaze and raises a brow at her. "Your expression toward me is an unwelcoming one. Are you familiar with me?" He crosses his arms and looks at her expectantly. Not waiting for an answer yet, he turns his attention to the other question. "It was he who came upon us, attempting to capture our travel companions. We did what we must to liberate them." He frowns, the memories rushing back. Bazros did not deserve that fate.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"The cause's ranks appear to be swelling," Atrix says in reply to the orcish archer, as his gaze passes over the Cru'uni socerer. He looks towards Gladia at the man's remark. Many of their number are clearly skilled in combat, he thinks eying the gladiatorial new recruit and the others around the compound. I wonder what they have planned that requires so many warriors.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Those tattoos — you are a Talon of El-unod, no?" the woman replies to Alerio. "I'm not familiar with you, but I know your kind. I was born not too far from Eagle Cliff," she says.

Kaulitz nods emphatically at Alerio's explanation, turning to Atrix after the man's comment. "Yes, there are quite a few of you newcomers, now, aren't there? I'd almost wondered what Cymren and Yzgo were thinking, bringing on so many at once, but it's clear by the death of Pruul that it's the right call." He flashes you a charitable smile.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by FinalTemplar »

After a rather long and slow day of walking around, Velasco cleaned himself up a bit and dressed a little nicer for the meeting - Trading in his well-worn travel clothes for similar-looking travel clothes, but that hadn't been worn in some time. 

As he walked into the Atrium with his traveling companions, he took a quick note of the faces he saw - Pōhaku, Hadrurus, Yzgo, Kaulitz, Samiira... So many faces, so little time. He smiles at each person who approaches, even though most of the attention is on Josie - He doesn't mind, much, being around people is exhausting. He means the glance of Samiira before she looks upon Alerio... and worries for a moment what might be said. 

As he looks around, his eyes linger on Pōhaku briefly- already expecting him to be fairly distant, but surprised that he had said nothing at all. 
"Many pleasant meetings," Velasco looks now over at Kaulitz, "Any news from Vyridis since we've been gone?"
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution

Post by Chanchabruhh »

Pohaku Remains silent, Crosses his arms with a Amused Grunt and nods taking in the conversation.
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Atrix can't help but smile slightly as the serranborn women watches Alerio with a similar intensity to the degree he has eyed Velasco on their travels.

"He is, although I imagine his deeds far outstrip those of the Talons of your youth," he says in Alerio's defense.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As the others begin to converse amongst themselves without her introduction, Josie decides to step over to see the Boulder. She'd always felt somewhat of a kinship with the man, the two some of the only islanders to be found within the city, and both drawn to the same noble cause no less. "How have things been since I was last here?" she asks the quiet man, confident that he of all people can give her a straight, honest answer. 
Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution

Post by Chanchabruhh »

His stoic demeanor softens slightly as he acknowledges Josie's presence. "Things have shifted, as they tend to do," Pōhaku responds in his usual measured tone. "The struggle continues, but we're making strides. Seeing you is a welcoming sight, Josie how have you been?."
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"That I am, yes," Alerio replies plainly to the woman, unsure of what her experience with his ranks have been. "Yet beyond title, I am myself, guided by my own principles. I trust we will not have issue going forward." What is her history with the Talons? Doubtless an unpleasant one.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Samiira eyes Alerio for a moment longer. "If your principles have guided you here, then perhaps not. We shall see," she says before finally moving her gaze elsewhere.

At Velasco's question, Kaulitz throws his hands up dramatically. "Take your pick, man. We've got the Iron Tide mobilizing, a massive storm off the Borstid that's battering the Imardanian colonies — there's even some rumblings that things are strained between the Ghrystbehn heads and Kelbis. Something about their slave trade deals backfiring, what with all the recent raids on frontier villages." He shrugs, a smile on his face once again. "Your return is like a salve on a burn, though. I can only wonder what this meeting's about."
Hadrurus, Pohaku
You would know from your time in the Unfettered that the Iron Tide is a elvish supremacist faction based in the area. They are known to be brutal to orcs, often killing those they come across, and sometimes even humans or dwarves on a bad day. Recent intel has shown them to be mobilizing a small army north of the Ghrystbehn.

Feel free to roll a history or streetwise or any relevant check if you have a specific question about any news Kaulitz is talking about.
Gladia
Feel free to roll a history or streetwise or any relevant check to see if Gladia knows who the Iron Tide are, or any details about the rest of what Kaulitz is referring to.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

That is an interesting question, Atrix thinks, overhearing Kaulitz's response to Velasco. It appears this meeting was scheduled well before our arrival in town, so it's main purpose has nothing to do with us.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Velasco grinned softly, hearing the bad news and good with equal joy. "Well, at least something we're doing must be working then," He says weakly. "I'm curious as to the contents of this meeting as well, very curious. Perhaps new assignments, I'd imagine, but Josie's news should at least raise some spirits a little higher." He says, his voice dropping a bit. "How long until the meeting, anyway? I can't imagine it'll be much longer."
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Josie is somewhat taken aback by the relatively simple question. How have I been? It's hard to say. "I have been as well as can be expected," she manages in response, offering the man a smile. "Life in the Hole was not pleasant, at all, but these past few weeks - despite their difficulty - have been rewarding and fulfilling. And they've led me back here, so I've certainly been worse," she continues. And now I have someone sleeping in my home, not that I've any interest in brining that up right now. She does her best to listen to the remaining conversations as she speaks, curious to hear the answer to Velasco's question.
Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution

Post by Chanchabruhh »

"Your journey's hardships have not gone unnoticed, Pōhaku responds with a measured tone, meeting Josie's eyes with a silent understanding. "Life's trials often lead us through the darkest of paths, yet here you stand, a testament to your resilience. Your return amidst the difficulties speaks volumes of your fortitude and the strength that resides within." He nods, a silent affirmation of respect for her endurance and the path that has led her back to their shared cause.
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"Josie's return and the death of Pruul is sure to lift spirits Velasco. Pruul's death will shake things up, and gives us both reason and opportunity to strike." Hadrurus says.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Kaulitz shrugs at Velasco's question, though it is soon answered by the whistle of a massive elvish man (Yzgo to those familiar). He beckons you toward the door, where Agirri begans to lead everyone inside the charcoal workshop.

You enter what appears to be a makeshift barracks, with cots lining the far wall and a wide, leather mat laid out in the center. A platform of sorts has been put together with a spare table. There are about thirty of you altogether. Some folk are seemingly civilian in nature — many with aprons, gloves, and common garb — while others are easily distinguishable as weathered travelers such as Samiira and Kaulitz. WIthin the flock are a plurality of elves, though too a considerable smattering of orcs, humans, and the spare dwarf. Their differences end at one look of everyone's faces: the same firm, yet patient resolve; a smoldering spirit inside.

Five figures gather around the table, clearly the Unfettered leaders. One, an elder elvish woman of short stature wearing simple clothing, climbs atop the platform aided by Yzgo's deft hand. As she does, any idle chatter deadens at once. Her hair is greying, her face weary and sagging with wrinkles. But in her amber eyes, there is a youth and vigor that her aging frame belies.

"Greetings, kin to me, kin to all," she begins, her voice softer than her militant posture and pursed, thin lips might indicate. "I welcome you, and thank you for meeting here, in this unusual fashion." The woman looks about the room, her eyes falling over many of you — especially the new arrivals. "For those unfamiliar, my name is Olatya Rydell. Long ago, I founded this community, the Unfettered. It has been many decades since, and in that time we have grown in number, in strength, and in reach, no doubt due to the continued sacrifices and efforts of each and every one of us."

"Tonight marks a new chapter in our story. The power of the Unfettered has waxed and wane at times, as Cymren, and Yzgo, and those others who have served for years would know. However, the tides have changed and left us for the better. Recent reconnaissance as well as a swelling in recruitment efforts have provided us with the first of many opportunities we will have to actually strike back at the tyrants of these lands, rather than simply look, listen, and document."

Olatya beckons Yzgo, who takes one mighty step atop the table, which creaks violently at his ascent. "Yzgo, please continue."

"Yes, madame," the man agrees. "Thanks to Cymren's efforts, we once again have the ranks to be ambitious in our aim. Many of you will be dispatched on missions in the coming weeks. Some agents alone, some as a sortie. However, we will begin our efforts with our first major assault in years."

"Our target lies west, along the coast. There is a long-standing group of Imardanian Navy rejects and deserters who, as many of you know, plague the waters of the Borstid. These churls call themselves the Powder Kegs. We have known for several seasons now that they operate out of a ruined seafort, stationing the enslaved and whatever hauls they obtain from their piracy before they are further shipped off to Shivan or Talguta. They've also made raids on land, targeting independent villages in the area — though their cowardice shines in their hesitancy to assault the Church-aligned colonies."

After a smirk, Yzgo continues: "This week, a flurry of heavy storms in the Borstid have waylaid their main leadership, who we believe to be resupplying on the Isle itself. This leaves their base of operations on the mainland with minimal defenses. Therefore, tomorrow at dawn, seven of you will set out along the coast to the seafort. You will cut down any of their remaining personnel, free any enslaved folk, and reclaim the location for the local populace.

"Josie and Hadrurus, you will be leading this force. Pōhaku, Velasco, Samiira, you are to join them. Gladia and Alerio, the most recent to join our efforts, will be cutting their teeth in this as well."

A round of cheers and shouts fill the room, as well as colorful commentary:

"Yeah! Fuck the Powder Kegs!"
"Damn time we cut those bastards off."
"First Pruul, now the rest!"
Atrix
Throughout the meeting, you notice a particular orcish man eyeing you occasionally. His glance lingers until you meet it, at which point he looks away. However, it seems to return every so often.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"I'll hang all slavers by their entrails! Glory to the free!" Hadrurus shouts using his arena voice.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Catching the orc watching him throughout the meeting, Atrix eyes him closely once himself for a moment. Who are you? Do you recognise me? He wonders as he tries to place the man, assuming he most know him from somewhere.

He ponders on those thoughts as he listens to the rest of the speech. A bold plan. The Unfettered going on the offensive is sure to rile up the slavers in the area. That might help force Mataal into the open. Especially once my plan is put into action, he thinks.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Josie listens to the speech, feeling a mixture of pride and and the crushing weight of responsibility as she is named one of the leaders of the assault team. A dangerous mission, it is no surprise they would send me after the recent news, she thinks. As she hears the other names called, however, she can't help but to wonder about her remaining unnamed companions. No mention of Atrix, Cassandra, or the others. I wonder what their roles will be in this, if any. She glances towards each of them, wondering if they might already know their fates, or if they are as in the dark as she is in this moment.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Alerio listens intently as the leaders explain the mission he has been volunteered for. How long have they planned such a thing, I should wonder. And how long did it take for stars to align? We must succeed. The Talon nods, chiming in, "the scourges will face their retribution, and the enslaved their freedom." Let us pray that such fought freedom is sustained when these seafaring terrors return.

Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution

Post by Chanchabruhh »

Pōhaku declares firmly, his eyes reflecting unwavering determination. "We'll stand together to free those enslaved and reclaim some peace. Our task is clear, and the resolve in this room signifies a unified purpose. Together, we'll dismantle them and ensure their cowardice is met with justice." He nods to Josie and Hadrurus, acknowledging their leadership, before casting a glance at the team joining the mission, silently conveying readiness and commitment.
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Velasco glances at Hadrurus and nods softly. Being jolted to sudden awareness by the whistle, shuffling into the workshop with everyone else. 

He listens to the speech intently, being swept up in the energy of it all. His eyes shift over to Yzgo as he takes the makeshift stage, and is... shocked, momentarily, but thankful that his name was called. He let out a breath he hadn't fully realized he was holding. Atrix isn't coming?... I may not agree with his past but he was at least useful... Good riddance, either way. He thinks to himself, before carefully making his way over to Josie and Hadrurus, figuring that the others would join them later. As he approached, he gave a soft wave. "So, we'll be working together again," He said with a bit of hesitation. "In knowing that we'll be spending more time together, I want to apologize for my outbursts. It was unprofessional, and moving forward, I will be better." He says, realizing that his words probably don't have much weight. 
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Failing to identify the orc, Atrix turns to his travelling companions. "I don't suppose any one you know who that is?" He asks, subtly pointing out the orc who had been eying him throughout the speech. He looks to the established Unfettered members of the group, hoping they know who the man is.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Hadrurus, Josie, Velasco, Pohaku
A glance toward where Atrix is subtly gesturing, and you see Yovan — a middle-aged orcish member of your faction. He is often employed as a laborer, typically helping around on the docks from what you have seen of him. He is a man of few words, and not much is widely known about his history.
Josie
Cassandra in particular returns your gaze, though all she offers is an uncertain shrug. "Guess I'm going elsewhere." She lets out a single chuckle, though it is clear in her eyes there is a shred of disappointment.
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Velasco looks over and spots the orc; glancing at Yovan. "He's a laborer, I think his name is... Yovan? I've only spoken to him once when I first arrived here ages ago. I never learned much about him, but he does good work." Velasco says, giving Atrix an answer.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Strange, I wonder why he keeps looking at me," Atrix replies, still confused as Velasco's information doesn't help unravel any of the mystery.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The excited chatter among the crowded room dies down once Olatya raises a hand for silence.

"The rest of us shall be performing our own duties in the meantime: many the same, though some new. Continue to work with Krendal and Cymren and Agirri on the particulars. As information and events change, so too will our focus."

Olatya pauses, looking around the room, her eyes beaming with what you assume is satisfaction. "Remember our fight, everyone. Go, and be well." She steps down off the makeshift platform.

After a chorus of grunts and cheers and whistles, the crowd begins to disperse — mostly out to the courtyard and back toward the city. You linger for a moment there, before Yzgo begins to quietly beckon those among the group that was called.

Josie, Hadrurus, Velasco, Pohaku, Alerio, Gladia
Seven of you muster around the training dummies, gathering in a semi-circle splayed out in front of Yzgo: Josie, Hadrurus, Velasco, Pohaku, Samiira, Alerio, and Gladia. Yzgo waits until most of the others from the meeting have dispersed, his watchful eyes surveying the courtyard.
Josie, Velasco, Alerio
You spot Agirri tap Atrix on the shoulder, and the two return inside.

Eventually he clears his throat. "You are to meet here, just before dusk. We have prepared supplies and equipment for your journey, and I will show you where this fort stands. Regrettably, I will not be joining you, as much as I'd like to join you. Instead, I will be relying on the leadership of both of you," the massive elf says, eyeing Hadrurus and Josie in particular. "If you have any hesitations about this task, now is your time to step away. There is no shame in admitting your fear before trusted ears."
Atrix
As you step out from the courtyard, you see Yzgo beginning to beckon over the seven named agents, including your traveling companions. Before you can question your next steps, Agirri taps you on the shoulder, bringing you back inside the building.

"You will be leaving, too, tomorrow," he says. "We have secured sea passage. There should be enough capacity for those liberated from your enslavement to return here, should any of them volunteer."

After a pause, he looks at you with a sense of concern. "Look, between you and me, it is highly unusual for our leadership to agree to something like this. It bears repeating that our people are investing a great amount of coin, people, and time, at tremendous risk to our organization, in getting you back home... I pray for our sakes — and yours — that it pans out."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"I work best alone, but in aid of taking down the Powder Kegs I will trust in your leadership," Samiira says turning to Josie and Hadrurus, giving them an affirming nod. "The lives of any imprisoned in that fort depend on us."

Once we're on the road I'll have to show them, she thinks. If they are to lead us, they should know all of our capabilities

Atrix
Atrix follows Agirri back into the building. "Good to hear," he replies, pleased that he will be leaving sooner rather than later.

"It will," he states simply in response to the young orc's concerns. It has to, he thinks, knowing if it doesn't he will have no meaningful plays left to get his wife back.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Hadrurus steps towards the Alerio, the one person in the group he does not know."My name is Hadrurus, those two are Boulder and Gladia. And you were part of Josie's group, right?" Hadrurus asks, after pointing out his fellow arena veterans.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Josie frowns at Cassandra's words, but tries to find solace in the fact that the two now share a meager home together, so they are certain to see each other again. She offers the woman a small wave, before gathering together with her newly-formed crew.

She listens as Samiira speaks, finding solace in their shared preference for solo travel. "I will admit, in the past it has been the same for me as well," Josie responds. "But these past few weeks have shown me how much good can be done with a group of trusted companions, and I hope that you - and all of us - can keep the others at their best. We will need it to save those people," she thinks, as her minds wanders to the mission ahead. This is not an opportunity we get every day. We cannot afford to fail.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Alerio gives a quick nod to the elf before turning towards Hadrurus. "I was, yes, but I suppose part of a much larger group now," the Talon says, his eyes scanning his now-comrades. "You may call me Alerio. I look forward to our working together and learning more of this organization." He pauses, studying the man for a brief moment. "Have you been with the Unfettered long?"
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

"I've lived three lives. The fighting pits where I met Boulder and Gladia, the desert, and with the Unfettered I've spend two years. I never kept track of time before this." Hadrurus answers cryptically though with a smile. "I welcome you, Alerio."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Six... No, seven years in all for me," Samiira says also answering Alerio's question, pausing mid sentence to decide if her time in training in the Eastern part of the Steppe would count and ultimately deciding it does.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"To dedicate your lives to such a cause is the most rewarding sacrifice," the Talon says to each of them with a nod. Such is the life of a Talon as well, yet this is different. Purely guided by one's principle and duty to fellow man rather than service to the divine.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Everyone except Atrix
Yzgo listens as you chatter among yourselves for a moment, before he speaks again. "Glad to see nobody's quitting. I will see all of you in the morning, then. Good hunting," the elf says with a wide grin as he leaves, heading out the gates.

The moon shines on the riverfront, and a cool breeze has picked up, ushering away the humidity in the air.
OOC
Any last errands or RP, or shall I skip to the morning? This is the last time you will see Atrix, Cassandra, Lin, and others for some time.
Atrix
Agirri searches your face for a long moment before he sighs and nods. "Alright, then. Good luck. Be ready at dawn, and look for Laurents down at the northern docks. He's a tall, dark-skinned, Imardanian human. He hardly speaks a lick of Grystok — you can't miss him. You'll be traveling on his brigantine, the Vieille Garde. He's not exactly Unfettered, but you won't be alone. Cymren's sending a handful of our agents. If all goes to plan, you won't need to know who's who until you get to Cru'un."
KupoTheMagus

Post by KupoTheMagus »

"Well, if that's everything, then I'm gonna head off to snooze. Rather be up early and alert, y'know? Uhh... G'night everyone." Gladia gives a wave before heading to her bed in the supposed soup kitchen she calls 'home'.

Jeez, I didn't think it'd be this stressful. Got a lot of people counting on me, that's definitely... new. Ugh, pull yourself together Gladia. Keep your shit straight, your head down, and your weapon forward. That's what ma always said.

Deep breaths. Deeeeep breaths.
Something's getting in the way
Something's just about to break
I will try to find my place
in the Diary of Jane

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Samiira gives Yzgo a nod goodbye as the orc turns to leave.

"I too should go," she says turning back to her new group. "I have some goodbyes to say before heading out on to the road again," she explains. "Til dawn then," she says, taking her leave and making her way back towards the town proper.

Amelira and Lavi will be disappointed I have to leave so soon after returning to Vyridis. This mission shouldn't take too long at least, she things as she makes for the small home the elf and her child share.

Atrix
"Laurents, Vieille Garde" Atrix repeats, nodding along as Agirri explains the plan to get him to Cru'un.

Agents to help me in my task or to deal with me if I fail to hold up my end of the bargain?

"Well then, I will see you on my return," he says once Agirri is finished. "I suppose I should say my goodbyes to my travel companions," he says, bidding the orc goodbye and heading back outside to look for the others.

A few moments after Samiira takes her leave, Atrix appears from out of the charcoal workshop. The Cru'unii makes his way over to the group.

"Good luck on your mission I suppose," he says to you, looking mostly to Josie, Velasco and Alerio, as the three of the group he is familiar with.

"My own endeavour will take me away from Vyridis for some time, so I guess this is goodbye for now."
Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution

Post by Chanchabruhh »

Pōhaku's Determination slices through the air like a blade forged in the forge of purpose With the quiet confidence of a warrior poised for battle, Pōhaku's presence exudes a sense of imminent reckoning. His unwavering determination paints the air with an aura of unwritten valor, signaling the beginning of a confrontation where the oppressed will find liberation and the oppressors will face their destined downfall.
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Velasco nodded at their new allies, taking a deep breath, "Well, I suppose I'll be off too. No reason not to rest up before we travel again." He slowly rubbed his left hand, pressing his thumb into his palm. "If anyone needs me, I'll be available." He gives a short bow, and carefully walks back to the room he rents, hoping to spend some time with Lin before they have to leave again.
OOC
Nothing specific to be RP'd out, he'll just be spending as much time as he can with Lin before the group heads out. Might even come up with a code word for them so if he sends mail back, Lin would know he's fine or on his way home, or something.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Hadrurus waits for the others to leave before calling it a day.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Josie simply nods to Yzgo, feeling no need to say goodbyes for what will be such a short departure from her companions old and new. Instead, she makes her way out of the meeting area and waits to the side, hoping to catch Cassandra leaving as well so they can walk home together. I wonder what they next weeks have in store for her, if it is not with us. Hopefully they do not give her anything too difficult, it is her first assignment after all.

Cassandra/Josie RP
no yet
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The night passes as you all go your separate ways.

Day 25

In the morning, the seven of you gather once more in the walled courtyard of the charcoal workshop. Yzgo is already here, as well as a small horse-drawn cart that a driver is helping unload. A thick fog blankets the riverfront, reaching its way up the cliff like a phantom hand.

"Good to see you again," Yzgo says, taking a crate effortlessly from the cart and setting it on the packed earth underfoot. "Take everything you'll need, provided it won't slow you down. In good conditions, our scouts could reach the seafort in a matter of days. But with the storms along the Borstid, I'd plan for worse."

He pops a few nails from one of the crates, pulling it open to reveal a small wealth of traveling gear, supplies, and various tools.

OOC
Everyone gets up to 50 gp worth of adventuring gear, mundane supplies, or tools that are available in the builder. Please list what you're taking. If you do not claim an item now, it will not be available while on your mission.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Samiira looks over the contents of the crate for a few moments. With only a bedroll in her pack, she opts for a canvas tent, as well as a lantern. They should help with the storm, she thinks as she stows them in her bag.

She turns her attention back to the crate and takes a set of mens travelling clothes, packing the boots, cloak and other garments away. Too big for me right now, but I might need them later, she thinks.

"That's me done," she says, stepping back from the supplies to let the others in the group take their pick.

OOC
Tent 10gp
Disguise 10gp
Lantern 7gp