The War of Three Kings — IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: The War of Three Kings IC

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Wes smirks at the mention of using fire to drawn out the bandits, conjuring a minor flame with his fingers. "A fire will do well to catch them off-guard, and maybe even thin out some of their numbers," Wes says as he begins collecting twigs and sticks from the ground. Let's just hope this plan works.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Ah yes, I'd almost forgotten your fire magic," Adrian muses in response to Wes' display. "Good, with Chloë's wind magic the two of you should be able to get an inferno raging in no time." He follows the others' example and begins gathering sticks and dry leaves, and whatever else nearby could be used to start a good base fire.

Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

The group spreads out, gathering wood for the fire and after around twenty minutes or so a large bonfire is constructed. Wes sets the bonfire alight and Chloe stirs up the surrounding winds, causing the fire to spread to the surrounding bushes and grass.

"I suppose we should find somewhere to lie in wait now," Kass says once the fire and its smoke is big enough to be seen from far away.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"I have some will over earthen magic, from my time in Menora," Brannik adds to Adrian's comment before they gather one.

As the bonfire is lit, the dwarf watches with interest as his companions combine usages of the arcane. "Let's have a scout or two, then the rest of tens of yards back," he suggests, not wanting to cluster together.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Perhaps your earthen abilities will be helpful for snuffing out this fire when we're through," Wes responds to Brannik as the dwarf mentions his arcane abilities.

At the suggestion of forward scouts, Wes says, "I could be one if no one else volunteers. The heat's not gonna bother me anyways."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Someone else who can attack from a distance would be preferably for the other scout," Adrian replies, facing Owin in particular. "That is not one of my skills, so I will stick towards the back."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Chloe and Owin, would one of you mind?" Brannik asks, uneasily. "It's not an easy thing to volunteer for, and I wouldn't blame you for declining, y'know. But having eyes above would give us a great edge against our foe."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Happily," Owin says with a nod. "There's probably some boulders we can hide behind somewhere," he says to Wes, surveying the area.

"We should try too find a better hiding spot," Ser Rardan says to the others. "If the Red Whispers spot two people they might not think too much of it, but all of us would be a different story. Perhaps we should take cover in one of the wooded areas?"

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

At Owin's words, Wes scans the terrain to locate a spot for the duo to lie in wait for the Red Whispers.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Perception check to find a good place to lie in wait: 20(1d20) +10 = 30 Oh.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Yes, that does sound best," Adrian responds, looking around for the nearest patch of trees they could hid behind. "Something to disguise ourselves might be a good idea, too. Some mud on our skin, perhaps. Or shrubs to cover ourselves in to not stand out amongst the trees."

OOC
[SHOW]

What wooded areas are there nearby? And are any too close to the fire to be safe to hide in?

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Wes
[SHOW]

About 50 feet East of the fire, you spot a large rock which leans in such a way over a small hole that it would provide a good hiding spot.

You also spot a patch of thick bushes 40 feet South of the fire which could hide you quite well.

Adrian
[SHOW]

There is a small patch of woodland about 200 feet to the North. You can see others in the distance, however they are too far away to be of use. The rest of the area in your proximity is mostly covered with rocky brush.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Turning to Owin, Wes says "There's a hole well-concealed by a rock that way," gesturing toward it with his hands. "There's also some thick bushes, but that hardly seem like the place I'd like to wait in a fire." With this, he begins leading Owin to the hiding spot.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"There," Adrian says, pointing towards the only seemingly-suitable wooded area to hide in. "That seems the only place thick enough to lay in wait. Hopefully it is not too far to come to their aid if they're ambushed." We will see how smart these raiders are. He begins to walk towards the area, motioning for the rest to follow.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Good find," Brannik says to the Gleiosian, noticing a spot within the wood that would be feasible. "I have some control over the terrain," he admits. "I may be able to help obscure us with my abilities," the dwarf explains as he keeps stride with Adrian.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"That would definitely be useful," Adrian responds. Certainly better than mud. "How much control, if you don't mind me asking? Seems like a skill that could come in useful in the future as well." So much magic in this land. You'd think there'd be less barbarism with so many gifted with such abilities.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Not much," the dwarf admits. "I spent a few years' time studying in Menora -- you know, big tower, academies, snobby humans -- but I wasn't a natural," he explains. "Though I may be able to bring up from the ground a bit of foliage cover around us to obscure our position from the Red Whispers." Brannik shrugs, with an unashamed grin. "To be fair, the kind of magic I studied was the kind to help me when facing someone trying to kill me. And by that, I don't mean hiding."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As you lay in wait, the fire rages on, slowly spreading across the grassy brush as it dries out the area surrounding it. After a few minutes of waiting a group of men appear, walking towards the fire. As they grow near, they spread out and draw weapons.

They approach slowly and cautiously, but eventually they near Wes and Owin's hiding spot.

Wes and Owin
[SHOW]

As the men appear, you hide yourselves as fully as possible. You hear their footsteps and the sound of their voices grow louder as they near the fire.

"Keep your eyes open lads. This fire didn't light itself."

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Everyone roll Stealth for both of your characters.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

While he waits, Brannik takes the time to employ some of his earthen magic. He carefully uses his maul, guiding foliage up from the underbrush. Thorny brush and a few vines crawl into a thick cover, aiding he and his allies' hiding. "That should do it," he whispers with a grin.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Brannik --Nature (Thorn Strike to bring vine cover up,) and Stealth: 10(1d20) +8 = 18; 8(1d20) +2 = 10

Gemma -- Stealth: 12(1d20) +1 = 13

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

As the assumed Whispers draw closer, Wes tries his best to remain quiet within his hiding hole. Guess our little fire did the trick. But how many of these brutes are still hidden away?

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Wes Stealth: 20(1d20) +2 = 22

Kass Stealth: 8(1d20) +7 = 15

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Adrian watches as the men approaches, prepared to rush to the others' aid should it be needed. Hopefully they are decent at hiding. Would be bad if they were left to fend for themselves.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Adrian stealth: 13
Chloë stealth: 22

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Your hiding places seem to do their job and the bandits pass right by Wes and Owin without noticing them. The bandits near the fire and fan out, you count ten of them. They pause for a moment talking in hushed voices, possibly planning their next move.

Wes
[SHOW]

Owin silently knocks an arrow, however he keeps his bow low and to the ground.
"What's our move?" He whispers.

Everyone Else
[SHOW]

"We could let them lead us back to their hideout, but I imagine they'll want to search the area some more first," Ser Rardan says a hand on the hilt of his sword.

"I say we take this lot out, less to fight in their hideout then. Ten here, there's not going to be many more of them," Gemma chimes in.

"Well if that's the plan we'll need to either let one go running home or capture and question one, or we'll never find the rest of them," Chloe adds.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

As you are not yet noticed by the enemy you can ambush them, attacking before rolling initiative and formally starting combat.

Any another actions you choose to take will require a stealth roll if you wish to remain undetected.

Map
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]

Gemma (-B, 4) | HP: 53/53 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |

Kass (-D, 6) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |

Brannik (-E, -1) | HP: 79/79 | Surges: 15/15 | AP: 1/1 |

Wes (AA, 28) | HP: 69/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 |

Theun (-F, 5) | HP: 47/47 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |

Adrian (-D, 4) | HP: 60/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |

Chloe (-G, 0) | HP: 46/46 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |

Rardan (-E, 2) | HP: 69/69 | Surges: 13/13 | AP: 1/1 |

Owin (Y, 29) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Not sure. It'd be easier to fight them out here, but then how would we find their hideout," Wes whispers back to Owin.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Stealth: 12(1d20) +2 = 14

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"While tempting, there is no guarantee we catch one who is willing to talk," Adrian says to Gemma and Chloë. "The point of this was to lure them out to follow them to their hideout, I say we stick to that plan unless we are discovered."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"I'm unsure how long we can track this lot before they find us shadowing them," Brannik admits. "But we can get headed in the right direction at least. Let's wait a bit before we jump out and knock their heads in."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The bandits talk amongst themselves for a few moments before starting to spread out a bit. Actively searching the area surrounding the fire.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Everyone roll a stealth check as the bandits are now searching for you.

As you are not yet noticed by the enemy you can ambush them, attacking before rolling initiative and formally starting combat.

Any another actions you choose to take will require a stealth roll if you wish to remain undetected.

Map
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Hmph, they are smarter than they look, Adrian thinks, as the bandits begin searching for a source of the fire. "We may just have to fight them if they get too close," he whispers to the others, doing his best to stay as quiet as possible. It may just be best to get this over with. If they find us, we lose the element of surprise.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Adrian stealth: 23
Chloë stealth: 17

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

As the bandits begin searching the area, Wes stays quiet, not wishing to alert them of their presence. Thank the gods we found this hiding spot. I just hope the others are hidden well enough.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Wes Stealth: 16(1d20) +2 = 18
Kass Stealth: 8(1d20) +7 = 15

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Brannik lays low while the bandits approach, finding difficulty in being quiet. "We should just ambush these chuckleheads," he says, itching for a fight.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Stealth rolls for Brannik and Gemma: 7(1d20) +2 = 9; 16(1d20) +1 = 17

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Wes
[SHOW]

As the bandits search one of them seems to get bored quickly, after a short while he shouts to the others. "You guys finish searching," he says, pointing to half of the bandits. "We'll report back to Artin."

Those not selected to stay quickly join him.
"Our stores may be low but Farryn can always brew up more, and it's not really worth the risk," he says pulling out a small vial. The others follow suit and all five men drink the contents.

After a few moments they begin to shimmer before starting to disappear before your eyes. However from your relatively close vantage point, and knowing where the men were stood, you can make out the faint outlines where the men stand and can track the odd shimmers in the air as the men leave.

Everyone Else
[SHOW]

After searching the vicinity of the fire, one of the bandits gathers half of the others around him.

You make out them fumbling with their belongings before they vanish into thin air, leaving the remaining bandits still searching the area.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Roll a stealth check to remain hidden from those searching for you.

Map
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Hm, that is not something you see everyday. "Chloë, do you have any idea what sort of magic they are using?" Adrian asks. His companion racks her brain, trying to remember if she's encountered anything similar before.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Adrian Stealth: 17
Chloë Stealth: 16
Chloë Arcana - Arcana Knowledge: 22

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Chloe
[SHOW]

You cannot detect the presence of any spells in the area. You recall that it would be possible to achieve such an effect with the use of a potion however the intricacies of this escape you.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"All I know is it must be a potion or something. I didn't see them cast any spells," Chloë responds, quietly. She keeps her eyes glued to the remaining men, watching to see if they do anything similar.

"Damn, well hopefully the rest don't do the same. Can't tail someone you can't see," he says, frustrated at the turn of events.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Confused, Brannik squints through the brush at the mob of bandits. "I don't understand," he admits to the others. "Do you suppose they are still here, but unseeable? Or perhaps... they have somehow returned to their outpost? No, such magic would not be possible by normal means."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"My guess was the former, but I suppose the latter could be possible to. But as you say, it would be much more difficult to accomplish. If these bandits have that power in the form of a potion then I think we may be dealing with something a lot more formidable than we initially thought." I do not believe for a second that these men have such capabilities, but it would be unwise to rule it out. "We should take the rest of these men out and try their potions out for ourselves. Assuming they also carry some, that is."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"They're using some kind of invisibility potion, I figure," Wes responds to Owin as he watches the bandits vanish into thin air. "This'll make our task a bit more difficult." From his hiding place, he looks over to his allies, looking to see if they plan to make a move.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Wes Stealth: 19(1d20) +2 = 21
Kass Stealth: 9(1d20) +7 = 16

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

At Adrian's guidance, Brannik nods his head. "Take them out, sounds good," he repeats, looking toward Gemma. "Pincer formation, rookie. We're gonna blindside that first bandit so hard, he won't know who he's fighting." She gives a smile at the idea and points her spear forward. "Ready?"

With practiced coordination and speed, the human and the dwarf tear through the brush, breaking into the clearing. Gemma swings wide around her left, coming toward the bandit who has hardly time to face her. He brings his weapon up quick enough to parry her blow, but at the same time Brannik is flanking behind him, mid-swing. The massive hammer catches the bandit square in the back with painful force. "Red Whispers! It's about time your destiny catches up with you," the Bull cries, a field of earthen energy forming around him, ready to deflect any blows he might take. Gemma whistles, signalling the others to engage as well.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Gemma
Move: Walk to E10.

Standard: Charge to G5, targeting Bandit 1 with an MBA. Whiffs AC 22.
Attack: 8(1d20) +14 = 22; 5(1d8) +8 = 13

Brannik

Move: Walk to B(-)3.

Minor: Activate Form of Winter's Herald. Gain +1 bonus to AC and resist 5 cold, and a burst 2 area of difficult terrain for enemies until end of encounter.

Standard: Charge to G3, targeting a flanked Bandit 1 with an MBA. Hits AC 29 for 20 damage.
Attack: 13(1d20) +16 = 29; 8(2d6.reroll(2)) +11 = 19+1(2hand exp.)

Free: Mark Bandit 1.

Initiatives
Brannik: (Uses Nature Sense) 18(1d20) +8 = 26
Gemma: 15(1d20) +3 = 18-1 = 17

Nature Sense gives all allies +4 bonus to defenses until the end of the first round in the encounter.

Brannik Luhoum -- Combat Block
[SHOW]

Brannik Luhoum

Male Mul Warden 7
Languages: Dwarven, Tulrissian
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 180 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 20
Passive Insight: 13
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 24
Fort: 20
Reflex: 14
Will: 15
HP: 79/79
Bloodied: 39
Surge Value: 19
Surges left: 15/15
Action Points: 1

MBA: 1d20+13 vs. AC, 2d6+9.
RBA: 1d20+3 vs. AC, 1d4.

Resistances:
5 cold.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
Form of Winter's Herald. (+1 AC, resist 5 cold, burst 2 diff. terrain)

Powers:

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Weight of Earth
Acrobat Boots

Second Wind[]
Takedown Strike[]
Incredible Toughness[]
Roots of Stone[]
Rough Strike[]
Mountain Hammer[]
Screaming Armor +2 [_]

Form of Winter's Herald[x]
Nature Sense [x]
Boiling Cloud []
Wildling Strength []

Consumables:

Elixir of Invisibility

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Crippling Crush: Immobilizing or slowing an enemy does an extra 5 damage.

World Serpent's Grasp: When hitting a slowed or immobilized target with an attack, you can knock it prone.

Vicious Advantage: You gain CA against immobilized or slowed targets.

Two-Handed Weapon Expertise: Charging grants +1 to damage rolls.

Tireless: Sleeping 6 hours in a 3-day period gains the benefit of an extended rest.

Subtle Mordenkrad +2: +2 item bonus to damage rolls with this weapon against enemies granting CA.

Stalwart Belt: +5 THP when critting.

Cloak of the Walking Wounded: When using Second Wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges.

Equipped Items Format
[SHOW]

Code: Select all

Main Hand: Subtle Mordenkrad +2
Offhand:   (n/a)
Body:      Screaming Hide Armor +2

Head:      ---
Neck:      Cloak of the Walking Wounded +1
Arms:      ---
Hands:     ---
Waist:     Stalwart Belt
Feet:      Acrobat Boots
Symbol:    ---
Ki Focus:  ---
Ring:      ---
Tattoo:    ---

Boon:      ---
Gemma Turadin -- Combat Block
[SHOW]

Gemma Turadin

Female Dragonborn Leader 7
Languages: Common, Tulrissian
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 140 lbs.

Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 13

AC: 22
Reflex: 20
Will: 20
HP: 53/53
Bloodied: 26
Surge Value: 13
Surges left: 7/7

MBA: 1d20+13 vs. AC, 1d8+8 damage.
RBA: 1d20+11 vs. AC, 1d4+2 damage.

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Intuitive Strike

Second Wind []
Dragonfear []
Sacrificial Lure []
Healing Word [] [_]

Stand Tough[_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Dragonborn Fury: Gain +1 racial bonus to attack when bloodied.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Adrian initiative: 23
Chloë initiative: 5

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Wes Init: 16(1d20) +3 = 19
Kass Init: 7(1d20) +13 = 20

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Encounter 3

With Brannik's cry, the other Red Whispers turn to face the dwarf and his companion. Their swords raised. However the dwarf is quick enough to act again before the bandits can react.

Go: Brannik

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Gemma: walks, charges, misses.

Brannik: walks, activates, charges, hits, marks.

Initiatives are rolled.

Note: The enemy is unaware of Owin and Wes (grants CA).

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Auras/Bursts:Red - Follows Brannik. Difficult terrain for enemies.

Fire: Starting your turn in a square occupied by fire deals 1d6 fire damage and 5 ongoing save ends fire damage. It will also spread slowly.

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs
Theun: Armed with an axe and a buckler shield displaying the sigil of the Rothmans.

Enemies
Bandits: Armed with swords and shields and fairly well armoured, these men are relatively well equipped for bandits, however most lack the scars and manner of a battle hardened veteran.

Status
[SHOW]

26 Brannik (G, 3) | HP: 79/79 | Surges: 15/15 | AP: 1/1 | +1 AC and resist 5 cold and Burst 2 til end of encounter, Form of Nature's Herald, Nature Sense
24 Bandit 4 (C, 8) | HP: ??/?? |
23 Adrian (-D, 4) | HP: 60/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
23 Bandit 3 (C, 8) | HP: ??/?? |
21 Bandit 2 (C, 8) | HP: ??/?? |
20 Kass (-D, 6) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
19 Wes (AA, 28) | HP: 69/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round, Hidden
18 Owin (Y, 29) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round, Hidden
18 Bandit 5 (C, 8) | HP: ??/?? |
17 Gemma (G, 5) | HP: 53/53 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
16 Bandit 1 (G, 4) | HP: -20/?? | Marked by Brannik
12 Theun (-F, 5) | HP: 47/47 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
8 Rardan (-E, 2) | HP: 69/69 | Surges: 13/13 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
5 Chloe (-G, 0) | HP: 46/46 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Having charged in successfully, the Bull follows up his heavy swing with another, aimed at the man's legs. Brannik's hammer slams into his enemy's joints, sending agonizing pain coursing through the man's body. Crush his legs, and he can't run, the dwarf thinks to himself, liking the idea.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Standard: Weight of Earth on Bandit 1 with flanking CA. Hits AC 25 for 25 damage and slows Bandit 1.
Attack: 10(1d20) +15 = 25; 9(2d6.reroll(2)) +16 = 25

[SHOW]

Brannik Luhoum

Male Mul Warden 7

AC: 23+1

Resistances:
5 cold.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:

Powers:

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Weight of Earth
Acrobat Boots

Second Wind[]
Takedown Strike[]
Incredible Toughness[]
Roots of Stone[]
Rough Strike[]
Mountain Hammer[]
Screaming Armor +2 [_]

Nature Sense [x]
Boiling Cloud []
Wildling Strength []

Consumables:

Elixir of Invisibility

Important Features:
[SHOW]

World Serpent's Grasp: When hitting a slowed or immobilized target with an attack, you can knock it prone.

Tireless: Sleeping 6 hours in a 3-day period gains the benefit of an extended rest.

Subtle Mordenkrad +2: +2 item bonus to damage rolls with this weapon against enemies granting CA.

Cloak of the Walking Wounded: When using Second Wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges.

Equipped Items Format
[SHOW]

[SHOW]

Gemma Turadin

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Intuitive Strike

Second Wind []
Dragonfear []
Sacrificial Lure []
Healing Word [] [_]

Stand Tough[_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As Brannik unleashes attack after attack on one of the bandits, another quickly comes to his ally's aid. Charging at Gemma, the bandit lands a solid hit against her.

Go: Adrian

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Brannik: hits, bloodies, slows.

Bandit 4: walks to (N, 10), charges to (H, 6) and attacks Gemma, 26 vs AC hits for 13 damage.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Fire: Starting your turn in a square occupied by fire deals 1d6 fire damage and 5 ongoing save ends fire damage. It will also spread slowly.

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs
Theun: Armed with an axe and a buckler shield displaying the sigil of the Rothmans.

Enemies
Bandits: Armed with swords and shields and fairly well armoured, these men are relatively well equipped for bandits, however most lack the scars and manner of a battle hardened veteran.

Status
[SHOW]

26 Brannik (G, 3) | HP: 79/79 | Surges: 15/15 | AP: 1/1 | +1 AC and resist 5 cold and Burst 2 til end of encounter, Form of Nature's Herald, Nature Sense
24 Bandit 4 (H, 6) | HP: ??/?? |
23 Adrian (-D, 4) | HP: 60/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
23 Bandit 3 (C, 8) | HP: ??/?? |
21 Bandit 2 (C, 8) | HP: ??/?? |
20 Kass (-D, 6) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
19 Wes (AA, 28) | HP: 69/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round, Hidden
18 Owin (Y, 29) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round, Hidden
17 Gemma (G, 5) | HP: 40/53 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
16 Bandit 1 (G, 4) | HP: -45/?? | Marked by Brannik, slowed until Brannik EONT, Bloodied
12 Theun (-F, 5) | HP: 47/47 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
8 Rardan (-E, 2) | HP: 69/69 | Surges: 13/13 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
5 Chloe (-G, 0) | HP: 46/46 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Don't hog all the fun," Adrian says as he rushes into the fray. Taking a detour through the trees, he rushes at the man who'd hit Gemma from a different angle, catching the man off guard and landing a solid blow that knocks him to the ground.

Turning his attention to another foe Adrian rushes forward again, once more circling around his prey somewhat to catch him off guard. The tactic works a second time, and the man is shoved forward, getting dangerously close to the raging inferno. "Why don't you just make it easy on yourself and jump in," he says, eyeing the flames behind the man.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move Action: move to (C, 10)

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Bandit 4
Effect: I roll twice and use higher result to attack this target

Standard Action: Charge -> Overwhelming Strike to (G, 7) on Bandit 4
Attack: 32 vs AC = hit
Hit: 23 damage. I shift to (H, 7) and slide Bandit 4 into (G, 7).

No Action: Wolf's Bound on Bandit 4
Effect: The target is knocked prone and I shift to (K, 10), making a secondary attack against Bandit 2
Attack: 27 vs AC = hit?
Hit: 18 damage. The target is pushed to (N, 8) and takes -2 to attacks until the end of my next turn.

Combat Block - Adrian
[SHOW]

Adrian d'Arcangeli

Male Githzerai Avenger|Swordmage 7
Languages: Gleiosian, Tulrissian
Height: 5' 9"

Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 21
Passive Insight: 23

AC: 27
Fort: 15
Will: 19
HP: 60/60
Bloodied: 30
Surge Value: 15

Current Oath of Enmity Target: Bandit 4

MBA (Overwhelming Strike): +13 vs AC, 1d10+8 damage (+1d8+1d6 damage on charge). On hit, I shift one square and slide the target into the space I vacated (either portion is optional)
RBA: +3 vs AC (+7 with dagger), 1d4 damage

Resistances: none

Vulnerabilities: none

Saves:
+2 vs daze, dominate, stun

Active Effects:
+2d8 damage on crit
On charge, +1d8+1d6 damage and don't provoke OAs
I cannot be blinded

Powers:

Overwhelming Strike
Sword Burst
Acrobat Boots (heroic tier)

Second Wind []
Iron Wolf Charge []
Iron Mind []
Oath of Enmity [X]*
Aegis of Ensnarement []**
Sword of Sigils []
Enduring Spirit []
Fury's Advance []
Armathor's Step []
Wolf's Bound [X]

Aspect of Might []
Dimensional Thunder []
Vanguard Bastard Sword +2 [_]

• Recharges when Oath dies
    ** Recharges when target dies or the mark is superseded

Consumables: none

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class Features
Hybrid: various weird rules for being hybrid, see PHB3 for a full breakdown.

Oath of Enmity (Hybrid): works as normal, except that it only applies to avenger powers.

Armor of Faith: When wearing cloth armor or no armor, and not using a shield, I gain +3 AC.

Swordbond: Weird RP shit, I can meditate to bond a blade to me and can then call that blade to my hand from up to 10 squares away as a standard action. See Forgotten Realm Player's Guide for full breakdown of shit I will never use.

Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid): Can only use aegis once per encounter, but I regain use of it the target dies or the mark is superseded.

Swordmage Warding: While conscious and wielding a light blade or heavy blade, I get a bonus to AC. +1 AC by default, +3 if wielding a one-handed blade in main hand and the other hand is free.

Racial Features
Danger Sense: +2 to initiative

Defended Mind: +2 to saving throws against effects that daze, dominate, or stun

Iron Mind: gain Iron Mind power

Shifting Fortunes: can shift 3 squares as a free action when using Second Wind

Theme Features
Level 1 Iron Wolf Warrior Feature: gain Iron Wolf Charge power

Level 5 Iron Wolf Warrior Feature: +2 to nature and perception checks

Feat(ures)
Versatile Expertise: +1 to attacks with heavy blades and light blades

Hybrid Talent: gain Swordmage Warding class feature

Hybrid Talent 2: gain Armor of Faith class feature

Power of Skill: +1 to trained skill checks, can use Overwhelming Strike as a basic attack

Githzerai Blade Master: gain proficiency with all military heavy blades, bastard swords, and fullblades. +2 damage with these weapons.

Item Features

Vanguard Bastard Sword +2: +2d8 damage on crit, +1d8 damage on charge, gain item daily power

Badge of the Berserker +1: don't provoke OAs while charging

Robe of Eyes Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +2: cannot be blinded, +2 to perception

Acrobat Boots (heroic tier): +1 to acrobatics, gain item at-will power

Rhythm Blade Wrist Razors +1: +1 AC & Reflex

Horned Helm (heroic tier): +1d6 damage on charge

Combat Block - Chloë
[SHOW]

Chloë Fialova

Female Hamadryad Controller 7
Languages: Tulrissian, Dwarven
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 142 lbs.

Passive Perception: 17
Passive Insight: 17
Senses: Low-Light Vision

AC: 20
HP: 46/46
Bloodied: 23
Surge Value: 11

MBA (Dagger): +14 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage
RBA (Dagger): range 5/10, +14 vs AC, 1d4+3 damage
RBA (Sun Strike): range 10, +11 vs AC, 1d8+7 radiant damage and can slide the target 1 square

Resistances:

• +5 to endurance vs starvation, thirst, or suffocation, and survive twice the normal time if forced to make such checks.

Saves:

• +2 against daze, dominate, stun

Active Effects:

• ignore difficult terrain that is part of tree, underbrush, or other forest growth
  • meditate for 4 hours instead of sleep for 6 for extended rest, fully aware of surroundings while doing so.

Powers:

Sun Strike
Beguiling Strands

Second Wind []
Hamadryad Aspects []
Controller's Extension []
Shield []
Tide of the First Storm [_]

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class Features
Controller Features: weird, special rules for being a NPC companion class. See DMG2 for full breakdown.

Racial Features
Fey Origin: origin counts as fey for effects that relate to creature origin

Forest Walk (Hamadryad): ignore difficult terrain that is part of tree, underbrush, or other forest growth

Oaken Vitality: +5 to endurance vs starvation, thirst, or suffocation, and survive twice the normal time if forced to make such checks. Meditate for 4 hours instead of sleep for 6 for extended rest, fully aware of surroundings while doing so.

Tree Mind: +2 to saving throws against daze, dominate, stun.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As Adrian joins the fray, another bandit makes his way towards the Gleosian. While the man who Adrian pushed towards the fire, after stopping himself just short of the flames, charges back towards Adrian, however the Wind Dancer easily side steps the attack and parries the man's blade harmlessly away.

Go: Kass, Wes

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Adrian: walks, charges, hits, shifts, slides, prones, shifts, hits, pushes.

Bandit 3: walks to (L, 19), walks to (K, 13).

Bandit 2: Charges to (L, 9), 21 vs AC misses Adrian.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs

Enemies

Status
[SHOW]

24 Bandit 4 (G, 7) | HP: -23/?? | Target of Adrian's Oath, prone
23 Adrian (K, 10) | HP: 60/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round, Wolf's Bound
23 Bandit 3 (K, 13) | HP: ??/?? |
21 Bandit 2 (L, 9) | HP: -18/?? | -2 to attacks until Adrian EONT
17 Gemma (G, 5) | HP: 40/53 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
16 Bandit 1 (G, 4) | HP: -45/?? | Marked by Brannik, slowed until Brannik EONT, Bloodied

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Not wasting any time, Kass emerges from the brush as well, and rushes at one of the bandits. Unfortunately, her blade fails to hit the downed foe.

Seeing the rest of his companions entering the fray, Wes says to Owin, "Well, I guess there's your answer." With his blood boiling for a fight, Wes charges out of the hole and towards the nearest ruffian, landing a harsh blow to the man. "How do you like the fire?" he mocks with a fiendish smile. "It's my own creation. With a little help from a friend, that is."

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Kass

Move: Walk to -A7

Standard: Charge! at Bandit 4 (to F7)
Attack: 3(1d20) +16 = 19 vs AC = Miss

Wes

Move: Walk to AC23

Standard: Charge! at Bandit 5 (to AC17)
Attack: 20(1d20) +16 = 36 vs AC = CRIT
Damage: +17 +8(2d6) = 25

Wes Combat Block
[SHOW]

Wes Tarkin

Male Genasi Swordmage 7
Languages: Tulrissian, Serran
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 155 lbs.

Passive Insight: 15

Reflex: 21
Will: 17
HP: 69/69
Bloodied: 34
Surge Value: 17
Surges left: 12/12

MBA: +14 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
RBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4 damage

Resistances:
Fire 5; Cold 5

Vulnerabilities: None

Saves: None

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Aegis of Shielding
Frigid Blade
Sword Burst
Woundstitch Powder (heroic tier)

Second Wind []
Guardian's Counter []
Sword of Sigils []
Dimensional Vortex []
Firedeath []
Echoes of Sword Magic []
Arcane Mutterings []
Armathor's Step []

Dimensional Thunder []
Swordmage Shielding Fire []
Rubicant Blade Rapier +2 [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Swordbond: By spending 1 hour of meditation with a chosen light or heavy blade, you forge a special bond with the weapon. As a standard action, you can call your bonded weapon to your hand from up to 10 squares away.

Swordmage Warding: While wielding either a light blade or a heavy blade, you maintain a magical field around you that provides a +1 bonus to AC, or a +3 bonus if you are wielding a blade in one hand and have your other hand free.

Elemental Origin: You are considered an elemental creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Cindersoul: You gain a +1 racial bonus to Fortitude and resist 5 fire.

Guardian: You gain a +2 power bonus to Insight and Perception checks.

Mark of Warding: Whenever one of your powers grants a bonus to a defense, increase that bonus by 1. Whenever you mark an enemy, that enemy takes a -3 penalty to attack rolls for attacks that don't target you instead of the normal -2 penalty.

Intelligent Blademaster: You can use your Intelligence modifier instead of your Strength modifier when making a basic attack with a melee weapon.

War Wizard's Expertise You gain a +1 bonus per tier to the attack rolls of arcane powers and basic attacks that you make with a light or heavy blade. Your attack rolls take a -5 penalty against your allies.

Hide Armor of Resistance +2: You gain a resist 5 cold.

Rubicant Blade Bastard Sword: When a power allows you to teleport, you can add 1 square to that distance. While this weapon is bonded to you with the swordmage Swordbond class feature, any other creature takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls with this weapon.

Rhythm Blade Wrist Razors +1: Your shield bonus to AC and Reflex increases by 1.

Gauntlets of Arcane Might (heroic tier): When you hit an enemy marked by you with an arcane attack power, you gain 2 temporary hit points.

Kass Combat Block
[SHOW]

Kass Tommick

Female Elf Striker 7
Languages: Tulrissian, Common
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135 lbs.

Speed: 7
Initiative: +8
Passive Perception: 23
Passive Insight: 16
Senses: Low-light Vision

HP: 54/54
Bloodied: 27

MBA: +14 vs AC, 1d8+3 damage
RBA: +11 vs AC, 1d4+8 damage

Resistances: None

Vulnerabilities: None

Saves: None

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Striker's Damage
Piercing Strike

Second Wind []
Low Slash []

Assassin's Bane [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Companion Bonus: You gain tiered attack and damage bonuses.

Elven Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the longbow and the shortbow.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift.

Sense Threat: You can use Perception (13) when you roll for initiative. Allies within 10 squares of you who have a lower initiative gain a +2 bonus to initiative.

Group Awareness: You grant non-elf allies within 5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As Wes surges forward, so does Owin, who quickly unleashes two arrows in quick succession. One sails just past Wes' head and lands solidly in the bandit's shoulder. The other hits the one bandit yet to be engaged by the party.

After Wes' powerful attack, the bandit launches his own, however Wes catches the man's blade with his own and is able to push the attack harmlessly away.

Go: Gemma

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Kass: moves, charges, misses.

Wes: moves, chargers, crits.

Owin: Walks to (Y, 22), Twin Strike on Bandit 3 and Bandit 5.

23 vs AC hits Bandit 3 for 8 damage.
26 vs AC hits Bandit 5 for 11 damage, bloodying him.

Striker's damage on Bandit 5 for an additional 5 damage.

Bandit 5: Attacks Wes, 29 vs AC misses.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs

Enemies

Status
[SHOW]

23 Adrian (K, 10) | HP: 60/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round, Wolf's Bound
23 Bandit 3 (K, 13) | HP: -8/?? |
20 Kass (F, 7) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
19 Wes (AC, 17) | HP: 69/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
18 Owin (Y, 22) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
18 Bandit 5 (C, 8) | HP: -41/?? | Bloodied

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Having suffered a blow already, Gemma finds an opening and slams her spear into the bandit's leg that her and her mentor are flanking. It slides deep into his thigh before she tears it free, causing him agony and dropping his guard.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Gemma:
Standard: Intuitive Strike on Bandit 1. Hits Will 32 for 4 damage, and allies with CA get a +2 to attack versus Bandit 1 TSNT Gemma.
Attack: 17(1d20) +15 = 32; 1(1d8) +3 = 4

[SHOW]

Brannik Luhoum

Male Mul Warden 7

Resistances:
5 cold.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:

Powers:

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Weight of Earth
Acrobat Boots

Second Wind[]
Takedown Strike[]
Incredible Toughness[]
Roots of Stone[]
Rough Strike[]
Mountain Hammer[]
Screaming Armor +2 [_]

Nature Sense [x]
Boiling Cloud []
Wildling Strength []

Consumables:

Elixir of Invisibility

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Equipped Items Format
[SHOW]

[SHOW]

Gemma Turadin

HP: 40/53

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Intuitive Strike

Second Wind []
Dragonfear []
Sacrificial Lure []
Healing Word [] [_]

Stand Tough[_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As Gemma engages the bandit, Theun and Rarden charge forward from the trees. Theun, not weighed down by armour, reaches the bandit first and strikes the man in the arm with his axe.

Rarden soon follows, bringing down his bastard sword with two hands, into the bandits neck. The blade embeds itself deep in between the bandit's shoulder and neck. Rarden pulls it free, using a foot to push against the bandit, who quickly begins to fade from this world, dropping to the floor dead.

Go: Chloe, Brannik

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Gemma: hits

Bandit 1: Attacks Brannik, 25 vs AC hits for 9 damage.

Theun: Walks to (A, 5), charges Bandit 1 (F, 4). 23 vs AC hits for 7 damage.

Rarden: Walks to (A, 2), charges Bandit 1 (F, 3), 31 vs AC hits for 13 damage killing Bandit 1.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs

Enemies

Status
[SHOW]

26 Brannik (G, 3) | HP: 70/79 | Surges: 15/15 | AP: 1/1 | +1 AC and resist 5 cold and Burst 2 til end of encounter, Form of Nature's Herald, Nature Sense
23 Bandit 3 (K, 13) | HP: -8/?? |
20 Kass (F, 7) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
19 Wes (AC, 17) | HP: 69/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
18 Owin (Y, 22) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
16 Bandit 1 (G, 4) | HP: -69/?? Dead
12 Theun (F, 4) | HP: 47/47 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round
8 Rardan (F, 3) | HP: 69/69 | Surges: 13/13 | AP: 1/1 | +4 to defences until end of first round

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As usual, Chloë moves forward and summons her gust of wind, centered around the men fighting her lover. While one is able to resist the pull, the other is not so lucky and finds it difficult to move around. Adrian takes this opportunity to slip away, moving into a flanking position with Kass against one of the other men.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move Action: move to (-A, 5)

Standard Action: Tide of the First Storm centered on (J, 11)
Attack vs Bandit 2: 18 vs AC = miss
Attack vs Bandit 3: 24 vs AC = hit
Hit: 9 damage and target is slowed until the end of my next turn.
Effect: Adrian is slid to (H, 7)

Ready to use Shield if attacked (immediate interrupt)

Combat Block - Adrian
[SHOW]

Adrian d'Arcangeli

Male Githzerai Avenger|Swordmage 7
Languages: Gleiosian, Tulrissian
Height: 5' 9"

Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 21
Passive Insight: 23

Fort: 15
Will: 19
HP: 60/60
Bloodied: 30
Surge Value: 15

Current Oath of Enmity Target: Bandit 4

MBA (Overwhelming Strike): +13 vs AC, 1d10+8 damage (+1d8+1d6 damage on charge). On hit, I shift one square and slide the target into the space I vacated (either portion is optional)
RBA: +3 vs AC (+7 with dagger), 1d4 damage

Resistances: none

Saves:
+2 vs daze, dominate, stun

Active Effects:
+2d8 damage on crit
On charge, +1d8+1d6 damage and don't provoke OAs
I cannot be blinded

Powers:

Overwhelming Strike
Sword Burst
Acrobat Boots (heroic tier)

Second Wind []
Iron Wolf Charge []
Iron Mind []
Oath of Enmity [X]*
Aegis of Ensnarement []**
Sword of Sigils []
Enduring Spirit []
Fury's Advance []
Armathor's Step []
Wolf's Bound [X]

Aspect of Might []
Dimensional Thunder []
Vanguard Bastard Sword +2 [_]

• Recharges when Oath dies
    ** Recharges when target dies or the mark is superseded

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class Features
Hybrid: various weird rules for being hybrid, see PHB3 for a full breakdown.

Oath of Enmity (Hybrid): works as normal, except that it only applies to avenger powers.

Armor of Faith: When wearing cloth armor or no armor, and not using a shield, I gain +3 AC.

Swordbond: Weird RP shit, I can meditate to bond a blade to me and can then call that blade to my hand from up to 10 squares away as a standard action. See Forgotten Realm Player's Guide for full breakdown of shit I will never use.

Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid): Can only use aegis once per encounter, but I regain use of it the target dies or the mark is superseded.

Swordmage Warding: While conscious and wielding a light blade or heavy blade, I get a bonus to AC. +1 AC by default, +3 if wielding a one-handed blade in main hand and the other hand is free.

Racial Features
Danger Sense: +2 to initiative

Defended Mind: +2 to saving throws against effects that daze, dominate, or stun

Iron Mind: gain Iron Mind power

Shifting Fortunes: can shift 3 squares as a free action when using Second Wind

Theme Features
Level 1 Iron Wolf Warrior Feature: gain Iron Wolf Charge power

Level 5 Iron Wolf Warrior Feature: +2 to nature and perception checks

Feat(ures)
Versatile Expertise: +1 to attacks with heavy blades and light blades

Hybrid Talent: gain Swordmage Warding class feature

Hybrid Talent 2: gain Armor of Faith class feature

Power of Skill: +1 to trained skill checks, can use Overwhelming Strike as a basic attack

Githzerai Blade Master: gain proficiency with all military heavy blades, bastard swords, and fullblades. +2 damage with these weapons.

Item Features

Vanguard Bastard Sword +2: +2d8 damage on crit, +1d8 damage on charge, gain item daily power

Badge of the Berserker +1: don't provoke OAs while charging

Robe of Eyes Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +2: cannot be blinded, +2 to perception

Acrobat Boots (heroic tier): +1 to acrobatics, gain item at-will power

Rhythm Blade Wrist Razors +1: +1 AC & Reflex

Horned Helm (heroic tier): +1d6 damage on charge

Combat Block - Chloë
[SHOW]

Chloë Fialova

Female Hamadryad Controller 7
Languages: Tulrissian, Dwarven
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 142 lbs.

Passive Perception: 17
Passive Insight: 17
Senses: Low-Light Vision

AC: 20
HP: 46/46
Bloodied: 23
Surge Value: 11

MBA (Dagger): +14 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage
RBA (Dagger): range 5/10, +14 vs AC, 1d4+3 damage
RBA (Sun Strike): range 10, +11 vs AC, 1d8+7 radiant damage and can slide the target 1 square

Resistances:

• +5 to endurance vs starvation, thirst, or suffocation, and survive twice the normal time if forced to make such checks.

Saves:

• +2 against daze, dominate, stun

Active Effects:

• ignore difficult terrain that is part of tree, underbrush, or other forest growth
  • meditate for 4 hours instead of sleep for 6 for extended rest, fully aware of surroundings while doing so.

Powers:

Sun Strike
Beguiling Strands

Second Wind []
Hamadryad Aspects []
Controller's Extension []
Shield []
Tide of the First Storm [X]

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class Features
Controller Features: weird, special rules for being a NPC companion class. See DMG2 for full breakdown.

Racial Features
Fey Origin: origin counts as fey for effects that relate to creature origin

Forest Walk (Hamadryad): ignore difficult terrain that is part of tree, underbrush, or other forest growth

Oaken Vitality: +5 to endurance vs starvation, thirst, or suffocation, and survive twice the normal time if forced to make such checks. Meditate for 4 hours instead of sleep for 6 for extended rest, fully aware of surroundings while doing so.

Tree Mind: +2 to saving throws against daze, dominate, stun.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Seeing one of the bandits plagued by Chloë's strange wind magic, Brannik takes it upon himself to follow up. In a signature charge, the Bull surges forward through the battle, his heavy hammer swinging ahead of him. Brannik's weapon manages to catch the bandit off-guard, and he is sent to the ground in a painful mess. "Regroup on me!" he calls out to the pack of close-quarter companions near him.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Walk to J7

Standard: Charge to K12, targeting Bandit 3 with an MBA w/ CA. Hits AC 24 for 23 damage and knocks Bandit 3 prone.
Attack: 8(1d20) +16 = 24; 11(2d6.reroll(2)) +12 = 23

Free: Mark Bandit 3.

Zone: Burst 2 squares of difficult terrain for enemies.

[SHOW]

Brannik Luhoum

Male Mul Warden 7

HP: 70/79

Resistances:
5 cold.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:

Powers:

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Weight of Earth
Acrobat Boots

Second Wind[]
Takedown Strike[]
Incredible Toughness[]
Roots of Stone[]
Rough Strike[]
Mountain Hammer[]
Screaming Armor +2 [_]

Nature Sense [x]
Boiling Cloud []
Wildling Strength []

Consumables:

Elixir of Invisibility

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Equipped Items Format
[SHOW]

[SHOW]

Gemma Turadin

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Intuitive Strike

Second Wind []
Dragonfear []
Sacrificial Lure []
Healing Word [] [_]

Stand Tough[_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

With the melee in full swing, and the bandits on the back foot, one takes a swing at Adrian, however Adrian is just able to deflect the blade at the last moment, pushing it just far enough to the side to dodge the attack.

Go: Adrian

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Chloe: moves, misses, hits, slides.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Brannik: move, charges, hits, bloodies, prones, marks.

Bandit 4: Stands, 26 vs AC misses Adrian.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs

Enemies

Status
[SHOW]

26 Brannik (K, 12) | HP: 70/79 | Surges: 15/15 | AP: 1/1 | +1 AC and resist 5 cold and Burst 2 til end of encounter, Form of Nature's Herald, Nature Sense
24 Bandit 4 (G, 7) | HP: -23/?? | Target of Adrian's Oath
23 Adrian (H, 7) | HP: 60/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Wolf's Bound
23 Bandit 3 (K, 13) | HP: -40/?? | slowed until Chloe EONT, prone, Bloodied, marked by Brannik
20 Kass (F, 7) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |
19 Wes (AC, 17) | HP: 69/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 |
18 Owin (Y, 22) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |
17 Gemma (G, 5) | HP: 40/53 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
16 Bandit 1 (G, 4) | HP: -69/?? Dead
12 Theun (F, 4) | HP: 47/47 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |
8 Rardan (F, 3) | HP: 69/69 | Surges: 13/13 | AP: 1/1 |
5 Chloe (-A, 5) | HP: 46/46 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Tide of the First Storm, Immediate interrupt readied (see mechanics above)