The War of Three Kings — IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: The War of Three Kings IC

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Wes nods his head in agreement with the others. "If you think that's the best plan of action, then so be it," he says to Theun, the peasant man knowing the area better than he.

At Adrian's eagerness to get moving, Wes responds jestingly, "What's the matter? Scared of the dark?" He chuckles to himself briefly before adding, "But yeah, we should leave before it gets too late. Wouldn't want to get ambushed by any of those bandit scum when we can't even seen them."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Fialova »

"I'd just rather not sleep outside if I can make it to a bed before nightfall," Adrian responds. "Though it would be best to avoid being caught off guard in the darkness, yes."

Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

With a plan in mind, you finish you breakfast, say your good byes and set off Eastwards. The village's fields soon give way to the rolling hills of the Steppe near the Red River. A dirt track is the only indication of civilisation in sight, overgrown and rarely used.

As the sun hangs low in the sky, painting it a vibrant orange and red, you near the village. "The fields should start just over this hill, then the village won't be much farther after that," Theun says, leading the way.

You ascend the small hill revealing the fields in the valley below. However, where there should be a thriving crop this time of the year, a charred wasteland lays before you, the earth blackened and the grass burnt away. "Looks like someone must've put the fields to the torch," Theun says, drawing his axe.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Savages," Brannik spits, irritated by the sheer spite. "How many more villages must suffer the wrath of bandits and princes?" he asks nobody in particular. Stepping into one of the fields, he takes a close look at the remains of the crops, trying to judge how recent the act took place. All this food, wasted. On what? Warfare?

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Perception check to determine how recent the fire was: 3(1d20) +10 = 13

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Brannik
[SHOW]

The charred dirt and grass is cold to the touch and there is no smoke to be seen. As far as you can tell the fire happened at least a couple of days ago.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Pah. This charred land has seen a couple days since being put to the torch. Let's be on our guard, anyhow," the Bull suggests. "Theun, can you lead us to the village proper?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Charred land seems more like the result of battle, not bandits. Outlaws have nothing to gain from destroying a food source that they could instead have stolen," Adrian responds to Brannik, as he looks over the sad sight before him. How despicable. "Let us hope whoever put them to the torch has passed through already, and not stuck around." The Gleiosian removes his sword from his hip just in case, as they move forward.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Agreed," Brannik says with a nod. "Unless it was in spite."

The dwarf turns to his companion. "This is what happens when pretenders tarry over crowns. The commonfolk suffer. I hope this explains why I find the Hollowguard's recent ownership perturbing," he explains. "Do you understand?" I do not want her to think of me as a coward -- not when my desertion is with appropriate reason.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Gods, think of all the people that will go hungry because this crop has turned to ash and dust," Wes says solemnly, observing the charred remains of the fields. "What use is a war over land when the land is destroyed in the process?"

"We should proceed to the village," Wes says seriously, a change from his ordinary cheerfulness. "There may be townspeople in need of our aid."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Aye, it's not much further ahead. Should just be over the next hill," Theun says in answer to Brannik.

"I understand, and if such monsters are still about then I'll happily show them the end of my spear," Gemma says to Brannik, raising her spear slightly.

"I'm sure they'll be long gone," Chloe says. "The Bull said it's been a least a couple of days since this happened."

"Not much use at all" Theun says to Wes, starting to lead the group forward once again. "They'd rather no one benefits from the crop than their enemies."

"It's horrible" Kass says, a woman of few words as always.

You soon scale the next hill and the village comes into view, or what is left of it at least. From what you can tell, the village was put to the torch along with the fields. Most of the buildings are gone, piles of rubble, stone foundations and the odd charred frame of a wall, the only indicators that there was once a settlement here.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Horrible," Adrian says with a sigh as the sight comes into view. Of course they'd torch the town as well. We should have known. "Well, I doubt there will be much information gathered here. I say we search the town quickly for any survivors, then move on. No use dallying in a ruin. The other villages could be facing similar outcomes if we don't move quickly."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Gods, they really don't care for the common man," Wes utters as he surveys the ruins. To the Gleoisian man, he responds, "Well, what survivors are left could hold valuable information, be it about bandits or where those responsible for this were headed next."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Figured as much," Brannik says, defeatedly. "As the Wind Dancer said, we should move quick. Find any supplies left over, if you can. No sense in them going to complete waste." He steps through the rubble, looking through the buildings for signs of life, supplies, or anything otherwise interesting.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Perception check to find people, shit, whatever the fuck:2(1d20) +10 = 12

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Brannik
[SHOW]

As you search through the rubble, you struggle to find anything untouched by the fire. After discarding several items damaged beyond usefulness, you find a small silver pedant buried in the ash. It is engraved with the image of an oak tree.

The group spreads out a bit around the burnt out village and Brannik rummages through the rubble. Theun and Gemma join him but neither find anything of any use.

Your attention is suddenly alerted by the rasp of steel, the unmistakable sound of swords being drawn.

"Which King do you fight for?" A voice asks from behind you.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Why, all three," Brannik replies cheekily to the strangers as he turns to face them. "And at the same time, none of them. Was the destruction of this village your doing?" the Bull asks in a testy tone.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Behind you stands a band of eight well armed men. They don't quite have the air of knights about them, but their weapons and armour suggest they are more skilled than a hastily raised peasant levy. One of them flies a red banner from the end of a halberd. It bears a hammer striking an anvil, an image also present of some of their shields.

"Not ours personally, although I think we passed through here after Parth," the man replies to Brannik. "What the hell does that mean anyway? You lot mercenaries or something?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Casualties forgotten by their lieges," Adrian says, turning to face the men as well. He casually moves his left palm over the hilt of his blade, not eager to be caught off guard by the men. "Our allegiance is to the common folk, who are currently being harassed by brigands. If you're those brigands then you can expect to become new residents of the soil beneath my feet." He says, staring down the man who had been doing the talking.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Brannik studies the banner as he listens to Adrian's response to the soldiers. The Gleiosian is certainly entertaining to be around. He's hardly afraid of being sharp-tongued.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

History check to recognize which flag it is: 20(1d20) +3 = 23 FLAG CRIT

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

A few of the men laugh at Adrian's mention of the common folk. "You've got a big mouth on you for someone not even wearing armour," the man replies to Adrian.

Brannik
[SHOW]

The sigil is one you recognise quickly as that of Lord Elas Montrance. The hammer and anvil of House Montrance is a common sight in The Hollow, the house being the current ruling dynasty of Meagate.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"I need no armor, my opponents tend to miss. I don't." Adrian responds, beginning to dislike the men before him. Tulrissian mockery, typical. I wonder how they like the taste of charred soil?

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"It's probably unwise to test him," the Bull warns the soldier. Ignoramus. "Say, which 'crown' holds Parth? I sent dozens of humans to their Pantheon and I didn't get to see if my merits were even worth it to my former superiors."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"It's sad that you lot care less about your own people than a man not even from Tulrisse," Wes says harshly as the soldiers chuckle at Adrian's mention of allegiance.

"You should not test any of us. I don't tend to play nice with honorless louts." These men seem very sure of themselves. I'd love to change that.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Lorkan we think. We still managed to fuck his men up good though. Fulsen's too," the man replies to Brannik.

"These aren't my people. Our people are back in the Hollow," he says in response to Wes. "She can be my people any time though," he adds, laughing as he points at Kass. Some of the other men laugh too.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Fighting under the Torinns, as their banner suggested, Brannik notes to himself. "Meagate, hm?" the dwarf replies, neutrally. "Then perhaps it's best if you continue back to the Hollow. This war is in vain, and all of the land is bleeding from it."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Your lack of empathy is disgusting," Adrian responds, at the man's comment about the locals being 'not his people.' "The soldiers serving the other kings may be your enemies, but these farmers had no say in who their lieges swore fealty to. And yet you killed them, destroyed their homes, and - I can only assume - ravished their women," he says with a look of disgust, as the man points out Kass.

Stepping forward, Adrian continues. "I tire of speaking to you. It's clear to me you are no better than the brigands plaguing the region. Worse, perhaps." He shakes his head for a moment, glances between the men gathered, then quickly unsheathes his sword. "I promised you a new home in the soil beneath my feet, and I don't like to turn back on my promises."

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Adrian initiative: 6 lol nat 1
Chloë initiative: 4 lol again

Both get +2 from Kass, so 8 and 6 total

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Wes can't help but smile a little upon learning that his former liege holds Parth. It does not hold long, though, transforming into a grimace at the man's lack of concern for his countrymen. "Last I heard, we're all Tulrissians," he spouts back angrily.

At the man's crude words towards his cousin, Wes is infuriated, arcane flames beginning to emerge from his hands. "Don't you dare talk to her like that," he snaps harshly. Turning to Adrian, the Menoran says, "I think I'll join you in putting these men in the ground." Drawing his arcane blade, he intensely stares at his new enemies, eagerly awaiting a chance to put them down.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Initiative in case Wal and I pissed these guys off enough: 8(1d20) +3 = 11 +2 from Kass = 13

Kass init: 1(1d20) +13 = 14

Last edited by Scratcherclaw on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"This isn't entirely necessary," Brannik says to his companions, looking between them and the Hollowmen before him. "We've no need to spill more blood in a quest of virility. Besides, it would leave a poor taste in my mouth to bring harm to my countrymen."

"We still have a chance to turn in different directions and walk away from this. Everybody lives," the dwarf says to the Hollowmen.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Brannik's Reluctant Initiative Check: 8(1d20) +3 = 11+2 = 13

Gemma: 18(1d20) +2 = 20

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Encounter 2

"I think your friends have made up their minds already, Short Arse," the soldier replies to Brannik. "Besides, you sound a lot like deserters. The King doesn't look favourably on deserters. I'm sure we'll get a nice amount of gold if we bring him your heads."

The man nods at his men and the two wielding halberds advance towards the party. As they get closer they assume defensive positions with their polearms extended, ready to attack.

Go: Gemma

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Halberdier 1: Walks to (D, 11) from (D, 16), Total Defense +4 to AC.

Halberdier 2: Walks to (G, 10) from (G, 15), Total Defense +4 to AC.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Crates and Stuff: Most objects on the map simply count as difficuly terrain.

Walls: These are what remains of the village's buildings. They mostly stand chest high and can provide cover.

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs
Theun: Armed with an axe and a buckler shield displaying the sigil of the Rothmans.

Enemies
Swordsman: Armed with swords and shields and wearing chain mail, these men are better equipped than your average peasant levy.

Halberdier: Similar to their sword wielding counterparts in most ways, however these men use two handed halberds as their weapons, a weapon generally used against cavalry but still deadly to men on the ground.

Crossbowman: These men are more lightly armoured than their companions, but attack from range with crossbows with shortswords as a backup if the fighting gets too close.

Status
[SHOW]

22 Halberdier 1 (D, 11) | HP: ??/?? | +4 bonus to AC ends SONT
22 Halberdier 2 (G, 10) | HP: ??/?? | +4 bonus to AC ends SONT
20 Gemma (C, 4) | HP: 53/53 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
19 Swordsman 1 (E, 15) | HP: ??/?? |
19 Swordsman 2 (G, 18) | HP: ??/?? |
19 Swordsman 3 (I, 14) | HP: ??/?? |
19 Swordsman 4 (I, 17) | HP: ??/?? |
14 Kass (E, 3) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |
13 Brannik (H, 2) | HP: 79/79 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
13 Wes (G, 3) | HP: 69/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 |
11 Theun (B, 2) | HP: 47/47 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |
11 Crossbowman 1 (C, 19) | HP: ??/?? |
11 Crossbowman 2 (I, 21) | HP: ??/?? |
8 Adrian (E, 5) | HP: 60/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |
6 Chloe (D, 1) | HP: 46/46 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Sensing the coming danger, Gemma's spear comes forth and she steps up to hold the line. "On your call," she shouts over her shoulder at Brannik.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Shift to C5.

Standard: Total Defense.

Gemma Turadin -- Combat Block
[SHOW]

Gemma Turadin

Female Dragonborn Leader 7
Languages: Common, Tulrissian
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 140 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 13
Passive Insight: 13
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 22+2
Fort: 20
Reflex: 20
Will: 20
HP: 53/53
Bloodied: 26
Surge Value: 13
Surges left: 7/7
Action Points: 1

MBA: 1d20+13 vs. AC, 1d8+8 damage.
RBA: 1d20+11 vs. AC, 1d4+2 damage.

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
Total Defense +2 AC

Powers:

Intuitive Strike

Second Wind []
Dragonfear []
Sacrificial Lure []
Healing Word [] [_]

Stand Tough[_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Dragonborn Fury: Gain +1 racial bonus to attack when bloodied.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As Gemma assumes a stance equally as cautious as the soldiers wielding the halberds, the swordsman who had been talking before charges at Adrian, however the Wind Dancer easily dodges the attack.

The others advance, two of them charging at Wes and Gemma. Both of them are overwhelmed by the attack and struck by the swordsmen.

Go: Kass, Brannik, Wes

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Gemma: Shifts, total defense.

Swordsman 1: Walks to (E, 9), Charges Adrian (E, 6), misses.

Swordsman 2: Double walk to (G, 7).

Swordsman 3: Walks to (H, 9), Charges Wes (H, 4), hits for 15 damage.

Swordsman 4: Walks to (F, 11), Charges Gemma (C, 6), hits for 10 damage.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Walls: These are what remains of the village's buildings. They mostly stand chest high and can provide cover.

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs
Theun: Armed with an axe and a buckler shield displaying the sigil of the Rothmans.

Enemies
Swordsman: Armed with swords and shields and wearing chain mail, these men are better equipped than your average peasant levy.

Halberdier: Similar to their sword wielding counterparts in most ways, however these men use two handed halberds as their weapons, a weapon generally used against cavalry but still deadly to men on the ground.

Crossbowman: These men are more lightly armoured than their companions, but attack from range with crossbows with shortswords as a backup if the fighting gets too close.

Status
[SHOW]

20 Gemma (C, 5) | HP: 43/53 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | +2 to defences until SONT
19 Swordsman 1 (E, 6) | HP: ??/?? |
19 Swordsman 2 (G, 6) | HP: ??/?? |
19 Swordsman 3 (H, 4) | HP: ??/?? |
19 Swordsman 4 (C, 6) | HP: ??/?? |
14 Kass (E, 3) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |
13 Brannik (H, 2) | HP: 79/79 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
13 Wes (G, 3) | HP: 44/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 |
11 Theun (B, 2) | HP: 47/47 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |
11 Crossbowman 2 (I, 21) | HP: ??/?? |

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Sounds an awful lot like the feeling isn't mutual," Wes says harshly to Brannik as the foes draw arms. To them he'll always just be a foreigner. He grunts as one of the Hollowmen charges into him, his anger growing.

Meanwhile, Kass rushes into the fray, towards the swordsman who had attacked her cousin, unleashing a field of dark energy simultaneously. Fiercely slashing at the man with her blade, she says, "I'll never be your people."

Retaliating against his attacker, Wes chills his arcane blade and slashes at his enemy. "Here's a little taste of the chill of death."

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Kass

Minor: Assassin's Bane
Until EONT (unless sustained, which it probably more likely), Kass creates a zone (close burst 3) where enemies cannot shift, teleport, or benefit from invisibility, concealment, or total concealment.

Move: Walk to G4

Standard: Piercing Strike on Swordsman 3
Attack: 14(1d20) +14 = 28 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 8(1d8) +8 = 16

Wes

Minor: Aegis of Shielding on Swordsman 3
Swordsman 3 is marked and takes a -3 penalty to all attacks not including me. If he hits one of these attacks, I can reduce damage by 9 as an immediate interrupt

Standard: Frigid Blade on Swordsman 3
Attack: 19(1d20) +14 = 33 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 6(1d10) +7 = 13
If Swordsman 3 starts its next turn adjacent to me, it takes a penalty to speed of 4

Ready Action: Firedeath
If I'm hit with an attack, all damage dice rolled are considered to be a 1

Wes Combat Block
[SHOW]

Wes Tarkin

Male Genasi Swordmage 7
Languages: Tulrissian, Serran
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 155 lbs.

Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 20
Passive Insight: 15

AC: 27
Reflex: 21
Will: 17
HP: 44/69
Bloodied: 34
Surge Value: 17
Surges left: 12/12

MBA: +14 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
RBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4 damage

Resistances:
Fire 5; Cold 5

Vulnerabilities: None

Saves: None

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Aegis of Shielding
Frigid Blade
Sword Burst
Woundstitch Powder (heroic tier)

Second Wind []
Guardian's Counter []
Sword of Sigils []
Dimensional Vortex []
Firedeath []
Echoes of Sword Magic []
Arcane Mutterings []
Armathor's Step []

Dimensional Thunder []
Swordmage Shielding Fire []
Rubicant Blade Rapier +2 [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Swordbond: By spending 1 hour of meditation with a chosen light or heavy blade, you forge a special bond with the weapon. As a standard action, you can call your bonded weapon to your hand from up to 10 squares away.

Swordmage Warding: While wielding either a light blade or a heavy blade, you maintain a magical field around you that provides a +1 bonus to AC, or a +3 bonus if you are wielding a blade in one hand and have your other hand free.

Elemental Origin: You are considered an elemental creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Cindersoul: You gain a +1 racial bonus to Fortitude and resist 5 fire.

Guardian: You gain a +2 power bonus to Insight and Perception checks.

Mark of Warding: Whenever one of your powers grants a bonus to a defense, increase that bonus by 1. Whenever you mark an enemy, that enemy takes a -3 penalty to attack rolls for attacks that don't target you instead of the normal -2 penalty.

Intelligent Blademaster: You can use your Intelligence modifier instead of your Strength modifier when making a basic attack with a melee weapon.

War Wizard's Expertise You gain a +1 bonus per tier to the attack rolls of arcane powers and basic attacks that you make with a light or heavy blade. Your attack rolls take a -5 penalty against your allies.

Hide Armor of Resistance +2: You gain a resist 5 cold.

Rubicant Blade Bastard Sword: When a power allows you to teleport, you can add 1 square to that distance. While this weapon is bonded to you with the swordmage Swordbond class feature, any other creature takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls with this weapon.

Rhythm Blade Wrist Razors +1: Your shield bonus to AC and Reflex increases by 1.

Gauntlets of Arcane Might (heroic tier): When you hit an enemy marked by you with an arcane attack power, you gain 2 temporary hit points.

Kass Combat Block
[SHOW]

Kass Tommick

Female Elf Striker 7
Languages: Tulrissian, Common
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135 lbs.

Speed: 7
Initiative: +8
Passive Perception: 23
Passive Insight: 16
Senses: Low-light Vision

AC: 22
HP: 27/54
Bloodied: 27
Surges left: 4/7

MBA: +14 vs AC, 1d8+3 damage
RBA: +11 vs AC, 1d4+8 damage

Resistances: None

Powers:

Striker's Damage
Piercing Strike

Second Wind []
Low Slash []

Assassin's Bane [X]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Companion Bonus: You gain tiered attack and damage bonuses.

Elven Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the longbow and the shortbow.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift.

Sense Threat: You can use Perception (13) when you roll for initiative. Allies within 10 squares of you who have a lower initiative gain a +2 bonus to initiative.

Group Awareness: You grant non-elf allies within 5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"It takes more courage to desert an unjust war than to continue it," Brannik retorts as he loses his patience. Gemma takes a blow and the Bull growls, rushing forward into two of the swordsmen. The ground tremors at the dwarf's footsteps, unsettling the enemies' footwork and giving the Gleiosian some breathing room. With a harsh swing, Brannik slams the haft of his heavy maul into one of the swordsman's chest, knocking the wind from his lungs. "You had your fucking chance," he spits, his eyes fixed on his enemies.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Walk to F5.

Free: Mark Swordsman 2.

Minor: Boiling Cloud. Burst 1 that moves with me, granting concealment to allies and myself within it. Marked enemies take 5 damage while starting in the zone. (Swordsman 2 will take 5 dmg)

Standard: Mountain Hammer on Swordsman 1. Hits Fort 23 for 22 damage. Swordsman 1 has a -6 to melee attacks til end of Brannik's next turn.
Attack: Fort 23(see rolls), 13(4d6.reroll(2)) +9 = 22

Brannik Luhoum -- Combat Block
[SHOW]

Brannik Luhoum

Male Mul Warden 7
Languages: Dwarven, Tulrissian
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 180 lbs.

AC: 23
Reflex: 14
Will: 15
HP: 79/79
Bloodied: 39
Surge Value: 19
Surges left: 15/15

MBA: 1d20+13 vs. AC, 2d6+9.
RBA: 1d20+3 vs. AC, 1d4.

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Weight of Earth
Acrobat Boots

Second Wind[]
Takedown Strike[]
Incredible Toughness[]
Roots of Stone[]
Rough Strike[]
Mountain Hammer[x]
Screaming Armor +2 []

Form of Winter's Herald[,]
Nature Sense []
Boiling Cloud [x,]
Wildling Strength [_]

Consumables:

Elixir of Invisibility

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Crippling Crush: Immobilizing or slowing an enemy does an extra 5 damage.

World Serpent's Grasp: When hitting a slowed or immobilized target with an attack, you can knock it prone.

Vicious Advantage: You gain CA against immobilized or slowed targets.

Two-Handed Weapon Expertise: Charging grants +1 to damage rolls.

Tireless: Sleeping 6 hours in a 3-day period gains the benefit of an extended rest.

Subtle Mordenkrad +2: +2 item bonus to damage rolls with this weapon against enemies granting CA.

Stalwart Belt: +5 THP when critting.

Cloak of the Walking Wounded: When using Second Wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges.

Equipped Items Format
[SHOW]

Code: Select all

Main Hand: Subtle Mordenkrad +2
Offhand:   (n/a)
Body:      Screaming Hide Armor +2

Head:      ---
Neck:      Cloak of the Walking Wounded +1
Arms:      ---
Hands:     ---
Waist:     Stalwart Belt
Feet:      Acrobat Boots
Symbol:    ---
Ki Focus:  ---
Ring:      ---
Tattoo:    ---

Boon:      ---
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Theun moves up to help Gemma, but the better trained solider easily blocks the peasant's attack. The two crossbowmen at the back of the fight loosen their bolts into the fray. However in trying not to hit their own men they fail to find their mark.

Go: Adrian, Chloe

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Kass: Bursts, walks, hits.

Wes: marks, hits, readies action.

Brannik: Walks, marks, bursts, hits.

Theun: Walks to (B, 6), attacks Swordsman 4, misses.

Crossbow 1: Shoots at Brannik, misses, reloads.

Crowsman 2: Walks to (H, 13), shoots at Kass, critical misses, reloads.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Auras/Bursts: Purple - Until Kass EONT or sustained. Enemies cannot shift, teleport, or benefit from invisibility, concealment, or total concealment.

Red - Follows Brannik. Grants concealment to allies and myself within it. Marked enemies take 5 damage while starting in the zone.

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs

Enemies

Status
[SHOW]

19 Swordsman 1 (E, 6) | HP: -22/?? | -6 to melee attacks until Brannik EONT
19 Swordsman 2 (G, 6) | HP: ??/?? | Marked by Brannik
19 Swordsman 3 (H, 4) | HP: -16/?? | Marked by Wes, if starts turn next to Wes take a -4 penalty to speed
19 Swordsman 4 (C, 6) | HP: ??/?? |
14 Kass (G, 4) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Burst 3 until EONT unless sustained, Assassin's Bane
13 Brannik (F, 5) | HP: 79/79 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Burst 1 for whole encounter, Mountain Hammer, Boiling Cloud
13 Wes (G, 3) | HP: 44/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 | Fire Death readied
11 Theun (B, 5) | HP: 47/47 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |
11 Crossbowman 2 (H, 13) | HP: ??/?? |

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Just as I thought, you're all talk," Adrian says, as he easily dodges the attack of the more vocal of the men. Quickly taking in the positions of his foes, Adrian rushes towards the man harassing Wes and Kass and lands a solid blow, luring the man further into the fray as he tries to retaliate.

With the enemy soldiers clustered, he glowers menacingly towards them, his actions now speaking more loudly than his earlier words. As quickly as he had done so before, he rushes towards the man engaged with Gemma and Theun, once again landing a solid blow and shoving the man forward towards the rest of his allies.

As her lover works his own brand of magic on the soldiers, Chloë stands back and works her own. Like in the previous battle, she summons a gale of powerful winds whipping up in the middle of her clustered foes in the distance. The winds buffet them and cause them to lose their footing, greatly inhibiting their ability to advance on the party. She then steps aside a bit, leaving some more distance between her and the nearby swordsmen.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Adrian d'Arcangeli
Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Swordsman 3
Effect: I roll twice and use either result with my Avenger powers used against this Swordsman 3.

Minor Action: Aegis of Ensnarement on Swordsman 4
Effect: Swordsman 4 takes -2 to hit with attacks that don't include me as a target. If the swordsman hits with one of these attacks while within 10 squares of me, I can teleport him to a square adjacent to me and he grants CA til the end of my next turn.

Standard Action: Charge -> Overwhelming Strike on Swordsman 3
Effect: I move to (G, 5) and do not provoke OAs during this movement (see badge of berserker)
Attack: 32 vs AC = hit
Hit: 13 damage. I shift to (F, 6) and slide Swordsman 3 to (G, 5)

No Action: Iron Wolf Charge triggered on hit
Effect: Swordsman 3 takes 4 more damage, and I make another attack.
Attack vs Swordsman 1: 14 vs Will = hit?
Attack vs Swordsman 2: 27 vs Will = hit
Attack vs Swordsman 3: 14 vs Will = hit?
Hit: target takes -2 to hit until the end of my next turn
(note: power specified primary ability and I accidentally used Wis instead of Int, so manually added 1 to each result)

No Action: Wolf's Bound also triggers on hit
Effect: Swordsman 3 is knocked prone. I shift to (C, 7) and make an attack against Swordsman 4.
Attack: 22 vs AC = hit?
Hit: 16 damage. Target is pushed to (E, 4) and takes -2 to hit until the end of my next turn.
(note: power specified primary ability and I accidentally used Wis instead of Int, so manually added 1 to each result)

No Action: Prepared to punish Swordsman 4 if he violates his mark between now and my next turn.

Chloë Fialova
Standard Action: Tide of the First Storm centered on (F, 11)
Attack vs Halberdier 1: 24 vs AC = hit?
Attack vs Halberdier 2: 22 vs AC = hit?
Attack vs Crossbowman 2: 27 vs AC = hit
Hit: 13 damage, and target is slowed until the end of my next turn.

Move Action: move to (G, 1)

Combat Block - Adrian
[SHOW]

Adrian d'Arcangeli

Male Githzerai Avenger|Swordmage 7
Languages: Gleiosian, Tulrissian
Height: 5' 9"

Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 21
Passive Insight: 23

Fort: 15
Will: 19
HP: 60/60
Bloodied: 30
Surge Value: 15

Current Oath of Enmity Target: Swordsman 3

MBA (Overwhelming Strike): +13 vs AC, 1d10+8 damage (+1d8+1d6 damage on charge). On hit, I shift one square and slide the target into the space I vacated (either portion is optional)
RBA: +3 vs AC (+7 with dagger), 1d4 damage

Resistances: none

Vulnerabilities: none

Saves:
+2 vs daze, dominate, stun

Active Effects:
+2d8 damage on crit
On charge, +1d8+1d6 damage and don't provoke OAs
I cannot be blinded

Powers:

Overwhelming Strike
Sword Burst
Acrobat Boots (heroic tier)

Second Wind []
Iron Wolf Charge [X]
Iron Mind []
Oath of Enmity [X]*
Aegis of Ensnarement [X]**
Sword of Sigils []
Enduring Spirit []
Fury's Advance []
Armathor's Step []
Wolf's Bound [X]

Aspect of Might []
Dimensional Thunder []
Vanguard Bastard Sword +2 [_]

• Recharges when Oath dies
    ** Recharges when target dies or the mark is superseded

Consumables: none

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class Features
Hybrid: various weird rules for being hybrid, see PHB3 for a full breakdown.

Oath of Enmity (Hybrid): works as normal, except that it only applies to avenger powers.

Armor of Faith: When wearing cloth armor or no armor, and not using a shield, I gain +3 AC.

Swordbond: Weird RP shit, I can meditate to bond a blade to me and can then call that blade to my hand from up to 10 squares away as a standard action. See Forgotten Realm Player's Guide for full breakdown of shit I will never use.

Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid): Can only use aegis once per encounter, but I regain use of it the target dies or the mark is superseded.

Swordmage Warding: While conscious and wielding a light blade or heavy blade, I get a bonus to AC. +1 AC by default, +3 if wielding a one-handed blade in main hand and the other hand is free.

Racial Features
Danger Sense: +2 to initiative

Defended Mind: +2 to saving throws against effects that daze, dominate, or stun

Iron Mind: gain Iron Mind power

Shifting Fortunes: can shift 3 squares as a free action when using Second Wind

Theme Features
Level 1 Iron Wolf Warrior Feature: gain Iron Wolf Charge power

Level 5 Iron Wolf Warrior Feature: +2 to nature and perception checks

Feat(ures)
Versatile Expertise: +1 to attacks with heavy blades and light blades

Hybrid Talent: gain Swordmage Warding class feature

Hybrid Talent 2: gain Armor of Faith class feature

Power of Skill: +1 to trained skill checks, can use Overwhelming Strike as a basic attack

Githzerai Blade Master: gain proficiency with all military heavy blades, bastard swords, and fullblades. +2 damage with these weapons.

Item Features

Vanguard Bastard Sword +2: +2d8 damage on crit, +1d8 damage on charge, gain item daily power

Badge of the Berserker +1: don't provoke OAs while charging

Robe of Eyes Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +2: cannot be blinded, +2 to perception

Acrobat Boots (heroic tier): +1 to acrobatics, gain item at-will power

Rhythm Blade Wrist Razors +1: +1 AC & Reflex

Horned Helm (heroic tier): +1d6 damage on charge

Combat Block - Chloë
[SHOW]

Chloë Fialova

Female Hamadryad Controller 7
Languages: Tulrissian, Dwarven
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 142 lbs.

Passive Perception: 17
Passive Insight: 17
Senses: Low-Light Vision

AC: 20
HP: 46/46
Bloodied: 23
Surge Value: 11

MBA (Dagger): +14 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage
RBA (Dagger): range 5/10, +14 vs AC, 1d4+3 damage
RBA (Sun Strike): range 10, +11 vs AC, 1d8+7 radiant damage and can slide the target 1 square

Resistances:

• +5 to endurance vs starvation, thirst, or suffocation, and survive twice the normal time if forced to make such checks.

Saves:

• +2 against daze, dominate, stun

Active Effects:

• ignore difficult terrain that is part of tree, underbrush, or other forest growth
  • meditate for 4 hours instead of sleep for 6 for extended rest, fully aware of surroundings while doing so.

Powers:

Sun Strike
Beguiling Strands

Second Wind []
Hamadryad Aspects []
Controller's Extension []
Shield []
Tide of the First Storm [X]

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class Features
Controller Features: weird, special rules for being a NPC companion class. See DMG2 for full breakdown.

Racial Features
Fey Origin: origin counts as fey for effects that relate to creature origin

Forest Walk (Hamadryad): ignore difficult terrain that is part of tree, underbrush, or other forest growth

Oaken Vitality: +5 to endurance vs starvation, thirst, or suffocation, and survive twice the normal time if forced to make such checks. Meditate for 4 hours instead of sleep for 6 for extended rest, fully aware of surroundings while doing so.

Tree Mind: +2 to saving throws against daze, dominate, stun.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

With the melee quickly becoming chaotic mess, the two men with halberds finally join the fight. One gets close to Adrian and jabs at him. The weapon connects with the Wind Dancer before its owner uses its full length to push the Gleosian backwards. The other chooses to attack Brannik, bringing it down on the dwarf from range.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Adrian: Oaths, charges, hits, shifts, slides, misses, hits, misses, prones, shifts, hits, pushes.

Chloe: misses, misses, hits, moves.

Halberdier 1: Walks to (D, 8), attacks Adrian, hits for 16 damage, pushes Adrian to (D, 6).

Halberdier 2: Walks to (F, 7), attacks Brannik, hits for 17 damage.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Auras/Bursts: Purple - Until Kass EONT or sustained. Enemies cannot shift, teleport, or benefit from invisibility, concealment, or total concealment.

Red - Follows Brannik. Grants concealment to allies and myself within it. Marked enemies take 5 damage while starting in the zone.

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs

Enemies

Status
[SHOW]

22 Halberdier 1 (D, 8) | HP: ??/?? |
22 Halberdier 2 (F, 7) | HP: ??/?? |
19 Swordsman 1 (E, 6) | HP: -22/?? | -6 to melee attacks until Brannik EONT
19 Swordsman 2 (G, 6) | HP: ??/?? | Marked by Brannik, -2 to hit until Adrian EONT
19 Swordsman 3 (G, 5) | HP: -33/?? | Marked by Wes, if starts turn next to Wes take a -4 penalty to speed, Adrian's Oath target, prone
19 Swordsman 4 (E, 4) | HP: -16/?? | -2 to hit with attacks that don't include Adrian as a target, if one hits see mechanics for punishment, -2 to hit until Adrian EONT.
14 Kass (G, 4) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Burst 3 until EONT unless sustained, Assassin's Bane
13 Brannik (F, 5) | HP: 62/79 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Burst 1 for whole encounter, Mountain Hammer, Boiling Cloud
11 Crossbowman 2 (H, 13) | HP: -13/?? | Slowed until Chloe EONT
8 Adrian (D, 6) | HP: 44/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Aegis of Ensnarement, Iron Wolf Charge, Wolf's Bound
6 Chloe (G, 1) | HP: 46/46 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Tide of the First Storm

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Gemma sidesteps into the fray, letting out a terrifying shout that draws the attention of the half-dozen warriors surrounding her allies. Despite superior positioning, her spear jab is blocked aside by her enemy's shield.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Walk to D3.

Minor: Dragonfear, targeting Swordsmen 1, 2, 3, 4, and Halberdiers 1, 2.
Attacks: 17(1d20) +10 = 27; 5(1d20) +10 = 15; 9(1d20) +10 = 19; 3(1d20) +12 = 15; 15(1d20) +10 = 25; 2(1d20) +10 = 12 vs. Will.
Effect: If hit, target takes -2 to attack rolls and grants CA until end of next turn.

Standard: Sacrificial Lure on Swordsman 4.
Attack: 4(1d20) +15 = 19; 15(2d8) +13 = 28 Misses AC 19 and Gemma has -2 to AC til her next turn starts.

[SHOW]

Gemma Turadin

AC: 22-2

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
-2 to AC til SNT.

Powers:

Intuitive Strike

Second Wind []
Dragonfear []
Sacrificial Lure []
Healing Word [] [_]

Stand Tough[_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The swordsmen now attack once more. Adrian easily dodges as the loud mouthed swordsman swipes at him yet again. Brannik however is overwhelmed by attacks from both sides, The Bull unable to hold his defense. Kass is luckier and manages to avoid being hit by the other swordsman.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Gemma: moves, hits Halberdier 1 and Swordsmen 1 and 3, misses.

Swordsman 1: Attacks Adrian, misses rather predictably.

Swordsman 2: Takes 5 damage, attacks Brannik, hits for 12 damage.

Swordsman 3: Stands, attacks Kass, misses.

Swordsman 4: Attacks Brannik, crits for 15 damage, Brannik is bloodied.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs

Enemies

Status
[SHOW]

22 Halberdier 1 (D, 8) | HP: ??/?? | -2 to attack rolls and grants CA until EONT
22 Halberdier 2 (F, 7) | HP: ??/?? |
20 Gemma (D, 3) | HP: 43/53 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Dragonfear, Sacraficial Lure, -2 to AC until SONT
19 Swordsman 1 (E, 6) | HP: -22/?? | -6 to melee attacks until Brannik EONT, -2 to attack rolls and grants CA until EONT
19 Swordsman 2 (G, 6) | HP: -5/?? | Marked by Brannik, -2 to hit until Adrian EONT
19 Swordsman 3 (G, 5) | HP: -33/?? | Marked by Wes, Adrian's Oath target, -2 to attack rolls and grants CA until EONT
19 Swordsman 4 (E, 4) | HP: -16/?? | -2 to hit with attacks that don't include Adrian as a target, if one hits see mechanics for punishment, -2 to hit until Adrian EONT.
13 Brannik (F, 5) | HP: 35/79 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Burst 1 for whole encounter, Mountain Hammer, Boiling Cloud, Bloodied
11 Crossbowman 2 (H, 13) | HP: -13/?? | Slowed until Chloe EONT
8 Adrian (D, 6) | HP: 44/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Aegis of Ensnarement, Iron Wolf Charge, Wolf's Bound

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Wasting little time, Kass lashes out once more at the swordsman who had previously assaulted her cousin.

Wes, however, moves in closer to another foe and slashes at him, his arcane blade still as frigid as a winter's morn. "You lot are fools for even challenging us in the first place. This will be your end."

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Kass

Standard: Piercing Strike on Swordsman 3
Attack: 19(1d20) +16 = 35 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 5(1d8) +2(1d6) +8 = 15

Free action: Striker's Damage
Extra 1d6 damage dealt (already in damage roll)

Minor: Sustain Assassin's Bane

Wes

Move: Walk to F4

Standard: Frigid Blade on Swordsman 4
Attack: 20(1d20) +14 = 34 vs AC = Crit...
Damage: 17 Cold Damage
If Swordsman 4 starts its next turn adjacent to me, it takes a -4 penalty to speed

Firedeath is still readied, so it's not forgotten.

Wes Combat Block
[SHOW]

Wes Tarkin

Male Genasi Swordmage 7

Resistances:
Fire 5; Cold 5

Powers:

Aegis of Shielding
Frigid Blade
Sword Burst

Second Wind []
Guardian's Counter []
Sword of Sigils []
Dimensional Vortex []
Firedeath []
Echoes of Sword Magic []
Arcane Mutterings []
Armathor's Step []

Dimensional Thunder []
Rubicant Blade Rapier +2 [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Swordbond: By spending 1 hour of meditation with a chosen light or heavy blade, you forge a special bond with the weapon. As a standard action, you can call your bonded weapon to your hand from up to 10 squares away.

Swordmage Warding: While wielding either a light blade or a heavy blade, you maintain a magical field around you that provides a +1 bonus to AC, or a +3 bonus if you are wielding a blade in one hand and have your other hand free.

Elemental Origin: You are considered an elemental creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Mark of Warding: Whenever one of your powers grants a bonus to a defense, increase that bonus by 1. Whenever you mark an enemy, that enemy takes a -3 penalty to attack rolls for attacks that don't target you instead of the normal -2 penalty.

Intelligent Blademaster: You can use your Intelligence modifier instead of your Strength modifier when making a basic attack with a melee weapon.

War Wizard's Expertise You gain a +1 bonus per tier to the attack rolls of arcane powers and basic attacks that you make with a light or heavy blade. Your attack rolls take a -5 penalty against your allies.

Rubicant Blade Bastard Sword: When a power allows you to teleport, you can add 1 square to that distance. While this weapon is bonded to you with the swordmage Swordbond class feature, any other creature takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls with this weapon.

Rhythm Blade Wrist Razors +1: Your shield bonus to AC and Reflex increases by 1.

Gauntlets of Arcane Might (heroic tier): When you hit an enemy marked by you with an arcane attack power, you gain 2 temporary hit points.

Kass Combat Block
[SHOW]

Kass Tommick

Female Elf Striker 7

Powers:

Striker's Damage
Piercing Strike

Second Wind []
Low Slash []

Assassin's Bane [X]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Elven Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the longbow and the shortbow.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Sense Threat: You can use Perception (13) when you roll for initiative. Allies within 10 squares of you who have a lower initiative gain a +2 bonus to initiative.

Group Awareness: You grant non-elf allies within 5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.

Last edited by Scratcherclaw on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

With blows raining down on him from to and fro, the Bull shrugs off the pain with gritted teeth. Gripping his hammer with inhuman force, Brannik whirls his massive weapon around him at lethal speed, slamming into all four of the Hollowmen surrounding him successively. The men are concussed from the maneuver, to which the Bull capitalizes on.

Brannik once again tightens up on the warhammer's haft before a hefty swing. The dwarf slams it into the ground beneath him, rupturing the earth apart and causing dangerous ripples throughout the terrain beneath the battlefield. His accuracy is startling, and the ground shatters from below in waves that vault the enemies near him into the air. The men fall to the ground in heaps, bones likely broken.

"I'm coming for you next," he promises the crossbowmen taking potshots from afar. "I will bury you with this," the Bull threatens, brandishing his warhammer with one hand as he wipes a stream of blood from his broken nose incurred from a well-placed shield slam.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Minor: Form of Winter's Herald.
Effect: I gain an encounter long +1 AC and resist 5 cold. Each square within 2 squares of me is difficult terrain for enemies for whole encounter.

Minor: Wildling Strength.
Effect: Until end of next turn, I add 1d6 to attack and damage rolls for weapon attacks.

Standard: Form of Winter's Herald Attack targeting Swordsmen 1(w/ CA), 2, 3(w/ CA), 4.
Attacks: 19(1d20) +15 +1(1d6) = 35; 8(2d6.reroll(2)) +16 +6(1d6) = 30; 5(1d20) +13 +4(1d6) = 22; 8(2d6.reroll(2)) +14 +4(1d6) = 26; 16(1d20) +15 +3(1d6) = 34; 7(2d6.reroll(2)) +16 +2(1d6) = 25; 11(1d20) +13 +1(1d6) = 25; 10(2d6.reroll(2)) +14 +2(1d6) = 26
Hits S1, 35 vs. AC for 30 damage.
Hits(?) S2, 22 vs. AC for 26 damage, 14 damage if miss.
Hits S3, 34 vs. AC for 25 damage.
Hits S4, 25 vs. AC for 26 damage.
Effect: Those hit are immobilized (Save ends) and those missed take half damage and are immobilized til end of my next turn.

AP->Standard: Boiling Cloud Attack, (burst 1 and close blast 3) targeting Swordsmen 1-4 (w/ CA), Halberdier 1(w/ CA), Halberdier 2.
Attacks:6(1d20) +18 +4(1d6) = 28; 16(4d6.reroll(2)) +11 +2(1d6) = 29; 7(1d20) +18 +4(1d6) = 29; 14(4d6.reroll(2)) +11 +3(1d6) = 28; 9(1d20) +18 +3(1d6) = 30; 17(4d6.reroll(2)) +11 +6(1d6) = 34; 17(1d20) +18 +6(1d6) = 41; 14(4d6.reroll(2)) +11 +4(1d6) = 29; 13(1d20) +18 +1(1d6) = 32; 14(4d6.reroll(2)) +11 +1(1d6) = 26; 9(1d20) +16 +4(1d6) = 29; 14(4d6.reroll(2)) +9 +1(1d6) = 24
Hits S1, 28 vs. AC, for 29 damage.
Hits S2, 29 vs. AC, for 28 damage.
Hits S3, 30 vs. AC, for 34 damage.
Hits S4, 41 vs. AC, for 29 damage.
Hits H1, 32 vs. AC, for 26 damage.
Hits H2, 29 vs. AC, for 24 damage.
Effect: Swordsmen 1-4 and Halberdier 1 are proned upon hit. All 6 enemies hit take a -2 penalty to defenses (save ends).
Effect: Boiling Cloud burst 1 zone ends. No more concealment or damage to marked enemies.

[SHOW]

Brannik Luhoum

Male Mul Warden 7

AC: 23+1
Reflex: 14
Will: 15
HP: 35/79
Surges left: 15/15

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
+1 to AC.
resist 5 cold.
bloodied.

Powers:

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Weight of Earth
Acrobat Boots

Second Wind[]
Takedown Strike[]
Incredible Toughness[]
Roots of Stone[]
Rough Strike[]
Mountain Hammer[x]
Screaming Armor +2 []

Form of Winter's Herald[x,x]
Nature Sense [_]
Boiling Cloud [x,x]
Wildling Strength [x]

Consumables:

Elixir of Invisibility

Important Features:
[SHOW]

World Serpent's Grasp: When hitting a slowed or immobilized target with an attack, you can knock it prone.

Tireless: Sleeping 6 hours in a 3-day period gains the benefit of an extended rest.

Subtle Mordenkrad +2: +2 item bonus to damage rolls with this weapon against enemies granting CA.

Cloak of the Walking Wounded: When using Second Wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges.

Equipped Items Format
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Brannik's onslaught leaves most of the men dead, with only one swordsman managing to endure the Dwarf's attacks. Theun engages one of the men armed with Halberds, although the professional soldier easily blocks the peasant's attack. Meanwhile the crossbowmen, sensing the tide of battle turning against them, loosen bolts at Adriana and Brannik, both finding their mark, before backing off from the fight. The one under hindered by Chloe's magic manages to take cover behind the crumbling ruins of a house.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Kass: hits, bloodies.

Wes: moves, crits.

Brannik: 2x minor action, hits, bloodies, hits, hits, hits, immobilises x4, uses action point, hits, kills, hits, bloodies, prones, hits, kills, hits, kills, hits, prones, hits

Theun: Walks to (C, 7), attacks Halberdier 1, misses.

Crossbowman 1: Shoots at Adrian, hits for 10 damage, walks to (E, 23).

Crossbowman 2: Shoots at Brannik, crits for 13 damage, moves to (H, 15).

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Red - Follows Brannik. Difficult terrain for enemies/

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs

Enemies

Status
[SHOW]

22 Halberdier 1 (D, 8) | HP: -26/?? | -2 to attack rolls and grants CA until EONT, prone, -2 penalty to defenses (save ends).
22 Halberdier 2 (F, 7) | HP: -24/?? | -2 penalty to defenses (save ends).
20 Gemma (D, 3) | HP: 43/53 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Dragonfear, Sacraficial Lure, -2 to AC until SONT
Swordsman 1 (E, 6) | HP: -81/?? | Dead
19 Swordsman 2 (G, 6) | HP: -59/?? | Marked by Brannik, -2 to hit until Adrian EONT, immobilised (save ends), Bloodied, prone, -2 penalty to defenses (save ends).
Swordsman 3 (G, 5) | HP: -107/?? | Very Dead
Swordsman 4 (E, 4) | HP: -88/?? | Dead
13 Brannik (F, 5) | HP: 22/79 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 0/1 | Mountain Hammer, Boiling Cloud, Form of Winter's Herald, Wildling Strength, Form of Winter's Herald Attack, Boiling Cloud Attack Bloodied, 1d6 to attack and damage rolls for weapon attacks until EONT, +1 AC and resist 5 cold and each square within 2 is difficult terrain for enemies for whole encounter.
13 Wes (F, 4) | HP: 44/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 | Fire Death readied
11 Theun (C, 7) | HP: 47/47 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |
11 Crossbowman 1 (E, 23) | HP: ??/?? |
11 Crossbowman 2 (H, 15) | HP: -13/?? | Slowed until Chloe EONT
8 Adrian (D, 6) | HP: 34/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Aegis of Ensnarement, Iron Wolf Charge, Wolf's Bound

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Leave those to me," Adrian says through gritted teeth to his dwarven friend, having also been assailed from the crossbowmen in the distance. Feeling confident that the halberdiers and swordsmen are nearing their hand at Brannik and Wes' hands, rushes past the other men to assault the cowardly men shooting them from afar. With ease he slams into the nearest of the two men, once more disorienting his foe and causing him to step into a position more to Adrian's liking. "My promise to you will soon be fulfilled, you can be sure of it," he taunts, as the man struggles to reload.

Back on the other side of the battlefield, Chloë attempts unsuccessfully to affect one of the halberdiers with her spells. A bit frustrated, she steps to the side in hopes of getting a better shot at him in the future.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Adrian d'Arcangeli
Oath of Enmity and Aegis of Ensnarement recharge when their targets die.

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Crossbowman 2
Effect: I roll twice and use either result with my Avenger powers used against this Crossbowman 2.

Move Action: move to (B, 11)

Standard Action: Charge -> Overwhelming Strike on Crossbowman 2
Effect: move to (G, 16)
Attack: 32 vs AC = hit
Hit: 21 damage. I shift to (G, 17) and slide Crossbowman 2 to (G, 16)

No Action: prepared to use Iron Mind if hit by an attack

Chloë Fialova
Standard Action: Sun Strike on Halberdier 1
Attack: 22 vs AC = hit?
Hit: 13 radiant damage and target is slid to (E, 7)

Move Action: shift to (F, 1)

Combat Block - Adrian
[SHOW]

Adrian d'Arcangeli

HP: 34/60

Current Oath of Enmity Target: Crossbowman 2

MBA (Overwhelming Strike): +13 vs AC, 1d10+8 damage (+1d8+1d6 damage on charge). On hit, I shift one square and slide the target into the space I vacated (either portion is optional)

Saves:

Active Effects:
+2d8 damage on crit
I cannot be blinded

Powers:

Overwhelming Strike
Sword Burst

Second Wind []
Iron Wolf Charge [X]
Iron Mind []
Oath of Enmity [X]*
Aegis of Ensnarement []**
Sword of Sigils []
Enduring Spirit []
Fury's Advance []
Armathor's Step [_]
Wolf's Bound [X]

Aspect of Might []
Dimensional Thunder []
Vanguard Bastard Sword +2 [_]

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class Features

Oath of Enmity (Hybrid): works as normal, except that it only applies to avenger powers.

Armor of Faith: When wearing cloth armor or no armor, and not using a shield, I gain +3 AC.

Swordbond: Weird RP shit, I can meditate to bond a blade to me and can then call that blade to my hand from up to 10 squares away as a standard action. See Forgotten Realm Player's Guide for full breakdown of shit I will never use.

Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid): Can only use aegis once per encounter, but I regain use of it the target dies or the mark is superseded.

Swordmage Warding: While conscious and wielding a light blade or heavy blade, I get a bonus to AC. +1 AC by default, +3 if wielding a one-handed blade in main hand and the other hand is free.

Racial Features

Theme Features

Feat(ures)

Power of Skill: +1 to trained skill checks, can use Overwhelming Strike as a basic attack

Githzerai Blade Master: gain proficiency with all military heavy blades, bastard swords, and fullblades. +2 damage with these weapons.

Item Features

Vanguard Bastard Sword +2: +2d8 damage on crit, +1d8 damage on charge, gain item daily power

Robe of Eyes Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +2: cannot be blinded, +2 to perception

Combat Block - Chloë
[SHOW]

Chloë Fialova

RBA (Sun Strike): range 10, +11 vs AC, 1d8+7 radiant damage and can slide the target 1 square

Resistances:

• +5 to endurance vs starvation, thirst, or suffocation, and survive twice the normal time if forced to make such checks.

Saves:

Active Effects:

• ignore difficult terrain that is part of tree, underbrush, or other forest growth
  • meditate for 4 hours instead of sleep for 6 for extended rest, fully aware of surroundings while doing so.

Powers:

Sun Strike
Beguiling Strands

Second Wind []
Hamadryad Aspects []
Shield []

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class Features
Controller Features: weird, special rules for being a NPC companion class. See DMG2 for full breakdown.

Racial Features

Forest Walk (Hamadryad): ignore difficult terrain that is part of tree, underbrush, or other forest growth

Oaken Vitality: +5 to endurance vs starvation, thirst, or suffocation, and survive twice the normal time if forced to make such checks. Meditate for 4 hours instead of sleep for 6 for extended rest, fully aware of surroundings while doing so.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The two Halberdiers use their weapon's length to their advantage. One uses it to push back Theun, wounding the peasant in the process. The other uses it to strike from afar. He brings the weapon down on Brannik. The dwarf, already starting to show signs of fatigue from the fight, is hit with a hard blow to the head which knocks him unconscious.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Adrian: Oaths, walks, charges, hits, shifts, slides.

Chloe: hits, slides, shifts.

Halberdier 1: Stands, attacks Theun, hits for 19 damage, slides Theun to (C, 6), fails save.

Halberdier 2: Attacks Brannik, hits for 22 damage, Brannik is now unconscious, saves.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs

Enemies

Status
[SHOW]

22 Halberdier 1 (D, 8) | HP: -39/?? | -2 penalty to defenses (save ends)
22 Halberdier 2 (F, 7) | HP: -24/?? |
19 Swordsman 2 (G, 6) | HP: -59/?? | Marked by Brannik, -2 to hit until Adrian EONT, immobilised (save ends), Bloodied, prone, -2 penalty to defenses (save ends).
13 Brannik (F, 5) | HP: 0/79 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 0/1 | Mountain Hammer, Boiling Cloud, Form of Winter's Herald, Wildling Strength, Form of Winter's Herald Attack, Boiling Cloud Attack, 1d6 to attack and damage rolls for weapon attacks until EONT, +1 AC and resist 5 cold and each square within 2 is difficult terrain for enemies for whole encounter, Unconscious
13 Wes (F, 4) | HP: 44/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 | Fire Death readied
11 Theun (C, 6) | HP: 28/47 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |
11 Crossbowman 2 (G, 16) | HP: -13/?? | target of Adrian's oath
8 Adrian (G, 17) | HP: 34/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Iron Wolf Charge, Wolf's Bound, Iron Mind readied if hit with attack
6 Chloe (F, 1) | HP: 46/46 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Tide of the First Storm

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

As Brannik goes down from an painful hit, his mentee growls in frustration. Gemma shouts to him, waking the man from his temporary incapacitation. "Five of these bastards and seven of us. Push forward!" she cries, inspiring the others and leading a charge toward Adrian. The woman surges forward, embedding her spear in the halberdier's leg to his dismay.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Minor: Stand Tough. Gemma, Theun, Wes, and Brannik heal for 15 HP. Brannik is now conscious and bloodied.

Minor: Healing Word on Brannik, spending a surge of his and gaining him 19 HP.

Standard: Charge to D7, MBA on Halberdier 1 with CA. Hits AC 21 for 15 damage, making him bloodied.
Attack: 5(1d20) +16 = 21; 7(1d8) +8 = 15

[SHOW]

Gemma Turadin

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
-2 to AC til SNT.

Powers:

Intuitive Strike

Second Wind []
Dragonfear [x]
Sacrificial Lure [x]
Healing Word [x] []

Stand Tough[x]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As Brannik recovers but still remains sprawled out on the floor, the swordsman next to him climbs to his feet and lays yet more punishment on the dwarf.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Gemma: Heals, Brannik is now conscious and prone, heals, charges, hits, bloodies.

Swordsman 2: Stands, attacks Brannik, hits for 14 damage, saves.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs

Enemies

Status
[SHOW]

22 Halberdier 1 (D, 8) | HP: -54/?? | -2 penalty to defenses (save ends), Bloodied
22 Halberdier 2 (F, 7) | HP: -24/?? |
20 Gemma (D, 7) | HP: 53/53 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Dragonfear, Sacraficial Lure, Healing Word, Stand Tough
19 Swordsman 2 (G, 6) | HP: -59/?? | Marked by Brannik, -2 to hit until Adrian EONT, immobilised (save ends), Bloodied
13 Brannik (F, 5) | HP: 20/79 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 0/1 | Mountain Hammer, Boiling Cloud, Form of Winter's Herald, Wildling Strength, Form of Winter's Herald Attack, Boiling Cloud Attack, 1d6 to attack and damage rolls for weapon attacks until EONT, +1 AC and resist 5 cold and each square within 2 is difficult terrain for enemies for whole encounter, Bloodied, prone
13 Wes (F, 4) | HP: 59/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 | Fire Death readied
11 Theun (C, 6) | HP: 43/47 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |
11 Crossbowman 2 (G, 16) | HP: -13/?? | target of Adrian's oath
8 Adrian (G, 17) | HP: 34/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Iron Wolf Charge, Wolf's Bound, Iron Mind readied if hit with attack

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Kass is overwhelmed as the dwarf downs most of the cluster of men that had previously surrounded them, but regains her focus, striking out at one of the remaining foes.

Wes, however, seeks trouble elsewhere, fading into nothing and reappearing in the middle of the ruined field. His sights set on one of the crossbow-armed men, he etherealizes once more, appearing next to the closest with a crashing boom. "Buddy, you've got a big storm coming."

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Kass

Minor: Sustain Assassin's Bane

Move: Walk to H7 (With going around to avoid OA if possible [H4 -> I5 -> I6 -> H7])

Standard: Piercing Strike on Swordsman 2
Attack: 8(1d20) +14 = 22 +2 from CA = 24 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 3(1d8) +3(1d6) +8 = 14

Free Action: Striker's Damage
Extra 1d6 damage dealt (already in damage roll)

Wes

Move: Armathor's Step
Teleport to F10

Standard: Dimensional Thunder on Crossbowman 2
Teleport to G15
Attack: 2(1d20) +16 = 18 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 18(2d10) +7 = 25 Thunder Damage
Crossbowman 2 gains ongoing 5 Thunder damage (save ends)

Minor: Aegis of Shielding on Crossbowman 2
Crossbowman 2 is marked (-3 to attacks that don't include me)
If Crossbowman 2 hits an attack that doesn't include me, I can use an immediate interrupt to reduce the dealt damage by 9

Wes Combat Block
[SHOW]

Wes Tarkin

Male Genasi Swordmage 7

Resistances:
Fire 5; Cold 5

Powers:

Aegis of Shielding
Frigid Blade
Sword Burst

Second Wind []
Guardian's Counter []
Sword of Sigils []
Dimensional Vortex []
Firedeath []
Echoes of Sword Magic []
Arcane Mutterings [_]
Armathor's Step [X]

Dimensional Thunder [X]
Rubicant Blade Rapier +2 []

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Kass Combat Block
[SHOW]

Kass Tommick

Female Elf Striker 7

Powers:

Striker's Damage
Piercing Strike

Second Wind []
Low Slash []

Assassin's Bane [X]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Momentarily in a twilight between the real world and the dream world, Brannik snaps to as he hears the familiar sounds of Gemma's rasping voice shouting. Damnit, woman. Can't even get some shut-eye on the battlefield it seems. He hops to, with little elevation to gain from his short frame.

The halberdier and swordsman stand in front of the Bull, their weapons pointed at him, and he moves closer for effect. "You idiots," he spits. "You bring dishonor to the Hollow and the people you swore to protect. You've one last chance to run before I club your thick, fucking skulls in with my hammer," the dwarf explains as he readies himself to smash aside any of their thrusts.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Minor: Stand from prone via Acrobat Boots

Move: Shift to F6.

Free: Mark Halberdier 2 and Swordsman 2.

Standard: Second Wind, healing for 38 HP bringing me to 58 HP and unbloodied.
Effect: +7 to AC, +2 to NADs.

[SHOW]

Brannik Luhoum

Male Mul Warden 7

AC: 23+8
Fort: 20+2
Reflex: 14+2
Will: 15+2
HP: 58/79
Surges left: 12/15
Action Points: 0

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
+1 to AC -- Guardian Form
resist 5 cold -- Guardian Form
+7 to AC, +2 to NADs -- Second Wind

Powers:

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Weight of Earth
Acrobat Boots

Second Wind[x]
Takedown Strike[]
Incredible Toughness[]
Roots of Stone[]
Rough Strike[]
Mountain Hammer[x]
Screaming Armor +2 [_]

Form of Winter's Herald[x,x]
Nature Sense [_]
Boiling Cloud [x,x]
Wildling Strength [x]

Consumables:

Elixir of Invisibility

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Equipped Items Format
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Seeing his companions fall to the band of knights, one of the crossbowmen loosens one last bolt at Adrian before turning on his heels and sprinting as fast as he can. The other draws his sword and attacks Wes, but the superior swordsman easily blocks the attack.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Kass: sustains, moves, hits.

Wes: teleports, teleports, hits, bloodies, marks.

Brannik: Stands, shifts, marks, heals.

Crossbowman 1: Shoots Adrian, crits for 13 damage bloodying him, Adrian gains +2 to defences until EONT, runs to right, exits encounter.

Crossbowman 2: drops crossbow, draws shortsword, attacks Wes, misses.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs

Enemies

Status
[SHOW]

22 Halberdier 1 (D, 8) | HP: -54/?? | -2 penalty to defenses (save ends), Bloodied
22 Halberdier 2 (F, 7) | HP: -24/?? | Marked by Brannik
20 Gemma (D, 7) | HP: 53/53 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Dragonfear, Sacraficial Lure, Healing Word, Stand Tough
19 Swordsman 2 (G, 6) | HP: -73/?? | Marked by Brannik, -2 to hit until Adrian EONT, immobilised (save ends), Bloodied
14 Kass (H, 7) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Burst 3 until EONT unless sustained, Assassin's Bane
13 Brannik (F, 6) | HP: 58/79 | Surges: 12/15 | AP: 0/1 | Mountain Hammer, Boiling Cloud, Form of Winter's Herald, Wildling Strength, Second Wind, Form of Winter's Herald Attack, Boiling Cloud Attack, 1d6 to attack and damage rolls for weapon attacks until EONT, +1 AC and resist 5 cold and each square within 2 is difficult terrain for enemies for whole encounter
13 Wes (G, 15) | HP: 59/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 | Armathor's Step, Dimensional Thunder, Fire Death readied
11 Crossbowman 2 (G, 16) | HP: -38/?? | target of Adrian's oath, ongoing 5 Thunder damage (save ends), Bloodied, marked by Wes (-3 to hit) see mechanics for reaction.
8 Adrian (G, 17) | HP: 21/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Iron Wolf Charge, Wolf's Bound, Iron Mind, Bloodied, +2 to defenses until EONT

Crossbowman 1 (??, ??) | HP: ??/?? | No longer in encounter

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Seeing the Bull fall to the ground, if only briefly, Adrian rushes to help. Vanishing from view, he reemerges in a full sprint towards the halberdier squaring off against his dwarven ally. With a solid blow he catches the man off guard, and skillfully repositioning his foe between himself and Gemma. "Your friend may have fled, but you will not get the same opportunity."

As Adrian continues his bouncing between foes, Chloë once more attempts to aid from afar. However, the chaos of the battle makes it difficult for her to single out only her enemies, and once more she is of little use. Any looking her way will notice a defeated look on her face as she laments her uselessness in the fight.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Adrian d'Arcangeli
Move Action: Armathor's Step
Effect: Teleport to (E, 12)

Standard Action: Charge -> Overwhelming Strike on Halberdier 2
Minor Action: Vanguard Bastard Sword +2
Effect: If I hit with the charge, allies within 10 squares gain +1 to attack and my CHA bonus to damage (ignore the second part since my cha is negative) until the start of my next turn.
Effect: I move to (E, 8) and do not provoke OAs.
Attack: 28 vs AC = hit
Hit: 25 damage. I shift to (F, 9) and Halberdier 2 is slid to (E, 8). All allies gain +1 to hit until my SONT.

Chloë Fialova
Standard Action: Sun Strike on Swordsman 2
Attack: 16 (edited in bonus from Adrian) vs AC = miss, probably
Hit: 11 damage and slide target to (F, 7)

Combat Block - Adrian
[SHOW]

Adrian d'Arcangeli

HP: 21/60

Current Oath of Enmity Target: Crossbowman 2

Saves:

Active Effects:
+2d8 damage on crit
I cannot be blinded

Powers:

Overwhelming Strike
Sword Burst

Second Wind []
Iron Wolf Charge [X]
Iron Mind [X]
Oath of Enmity [X]*
Aegis of Ensnarement []**
Sword of Sigils []
Enduring Spirit []
Fury's Advance [_]
Armathor's Step [X]
Wolf's Bound [X]

Aspect of Might []
Dimensional Thunder []
Vanguard Bastard Sword +2 [X]

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class Features

Racial Features

Theme Features

Feat(ures)

Item Features

Combat Block - Chloë
[SHOW]

Chloë Fialova

Resistances:

Saves:

Active Effects:

Powers:

Sun Strike
Beguiling Strands

Second Wind []
Hamadryad Aspects []
Shield []

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Class Features

Racial Features

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The two halberdiers continue to fight, one pushing Gemma back from him, however the other's attack is easily dodged by Adrian.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Adrian: teleports, charges, hits, bloodies, shifts, slides.

Chloe: misses.

Halberdier 1: Attacks Gemma, 27 vs AC = hit for 12 damage, pushes Gemma to (D, 6), 20 = saves.

Halberdier 2: Attacks Adrian, 24 vs AC = miss.

Map
[SHOW]

Map Info
[SHOW]

Character Info
[SHOW]

NPCs

Enemies

Status
[SHOW]

22 Halberdier 1 (D, 8) | HP: -54/?? | Bloodied
22 Halberdier 2 (E, 8) | HP: -49/?? | Marked by Brannik, Bloodied
20 Gemma (D, 6) | HP: 41/53 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Dragonfear, Sacraficial Lure, Healing Word, Stand Tough, -2 to AC until SONT
19 Swordsman 2 (G, 6) | HP: -73/?? | Marked by Brannik, -2 to hit until Adrian EONT, immobilised (save ends), Bloodied
14 Kass (H, 7) | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Burst 3 until EONT unless sustained, Assassin's Bane
13 Brannik (F, 6) | HP: 58/79 | Surges: 12/15 | AP: 0/1 | Mountain Hammer, Boiling Cloud, Form of Winter's Herald, Wildling Strength, Second Wind, Form of Winter's Herald Attack, Boiling Cloud Attack, 1d6 to attack and damage rolls for weapon attacks until EONT, +1 AC and resist 5 cold and each square within 2 is difficult terrain for enemies for whole encounter
13 Wes (G, 15) | HP: 59/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 | Armathor's Step, Dimensional Thunder, Fire Death readied
11 Crossbowman 2 (G, 16) | HP: -38/?? | target of Adrian's oath, ongoing 5 Thunder damage (save ends), Bloodied, marked by Wes (-3 to hit) see mechanics for reaction.
8 Adrian (F, 9) | HP: 21/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Iron Wolf Charge, Armathor's Step, Wolf's Bound, Iron Mind, Vanguard Bastard Sword +2, Bloodied, allies within 10 squares gain +1 to attack until SONT

Crossbowman 1 (??, ??) | HP: ??/?? | No longer in encounter

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Move: Walk to H6, flanking Swordsman 2.

Minor: Healing Word on Adrian, spending a surge of his and gaining him 15 HP.

Standard: Intuitive Strike on Swordsman 2. Hits(?) 22 vs. AC for 7 damage.
Attack: 7(1d20) +15 = 22; 4(1d8) +3 = 7
Effect: Allies attacking Swordsman 2 with CA gain +2 to attack TSNT.

[SHOW]

Gemma Turadin

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
-2 to AC til SNT.

Powers:

Intuitive Strike

Second Wind [_]
Dragonfear [x]
Sacrificial Lure [x]
Healing Word [x] [x]

Stand Tough[x]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
[SHOW]