The War of Three Kings — IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: The War of Three Kings IC

Post by Namelessjake »

"There's a few things I need that should get me set up to make potions for you," Farryn says taking out a piece of parchment and a quill for his belongings.

"I'll need some White Stalk Reeds, they grow on the banks of the Northern fork of the Red River, on the border with Malverne. Then some Knettle Sage and Olina petals which you should be able to find almost anywhere on the grasslands of the Steppe. Lastly I'll need some tools and equipment, although I doubt you'll find that in the countryside, you'll have better luck in one of the towns," he says as he scrawls down the list. Once he's done writing he hands the list over.

OOC
[SHOW]

You now have three objectives to complete for this quest. Quests are updated in the OOC post. Once all three are completed you will be able to buy potions from Farryn while in your base of operations.

You can pick one of these objectives to attempt instead of a regular "Patrol"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Sounds easy enough," Adrian says, grabbing the list and tucking it in his pouch. "We should head for the items on the river first," he continues, addressing the others now. "The other should be easier to come across while we are doing other things, if they are truly so common."

OOC - all read
[SHOW]

We should try for the riverbank items on this patrol, the next turn we could all choose to focus on visiting a town so we can try for the equipment and potentially getting the other shit on the way there, knocking everything out in two turns. Assuming nothing changes between then and now, that is.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Aye, sounds like a plan," Wes replies to Adrian as he suggests they hunt for the local flora first. "We're not going to find an alchemy kit growing by the river, after all."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

With plans decided, the original six members of the group pack up their belongings and head out into the Steppe. Adrian and Chloë manage to find a few sympathetic ears in the countryside who promise to keep an eye out for any troop movements or bandit activity in the area, while Brannik and Wes trawl several villages' taverns for rumours and information. You eventually near the Northern Fork of the Red River, close to Dalinym, where you should be able to find the White Stalk Reeds that Farryn requested.

You crest a small hill and see the river only a mile or two away. The water slowly meanders Westward - The river much narrower than downstream after it is joined by the Southern Fork near Red Bridge, although still much to wide to ford.

End of Turn Mechanics
[SHOW]

Upkeep deducted from supplies.

Adrian: successfully establishes spy network, level 0 -> 1

Recruitment: 2 peasants have sought out your group and joined.

Brannik
[SHOW]

You hear a rumour that Torinn forces from Oakengrove have been engaging in raids and light skirmishes with the main Fulsen force currently encamped across the river from Oak Crossing.

You also learn somewhat reliably that, King Jorran Lorkan III has dispatched a force of around twenty men lead by Ser Harik Ostwald, son of Lord Harik Ostwald of Duscher, to burn the fields in the Northern surroundings of Red Bridge in an effort to cut off supply to the Torinn army in the city. (Quest added)

Wes
[SHOW]

You hear King Ademar Fulsen has broken camp and is marching on Torinn held Escham.

Siegfried
[SHOW]

"Careful now, if you fall in wearing that armour it'd likely pull you to the bottom," the old fisherman says as he helps you down from the river bank and into his small rowing boat.

When you heard about the outbreak of war just a couple of months earlier, you finished up your current investigations and decided to journey North to Fausta's Steppe, where it was quickly becoming apparent most of the fighting would take place, figuring it would be the place you would be able to do the most good.

You arrived in the area around Dalinym a couple of days ago and eventually managed to find someone with a boat willing to take you across the river. Many being reluctant due to the patrols by Torrin forces currently encamped at Red Bridge.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by FinalTemplar »

Siegfried grunted as he slowly sat down. "My eternal thirst drives me forward. A river won't stop me." He would smile under his helmet, though the man wouldn't know. "I'm appreciative that you would help me like this, it is dangerous."

Last edited by FinalTemplar on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Brannik stretches his shoulders as they walk toward the river. "You think this Farryn's going to be a boon for us? I've never been much of an alchemist myself, but if his brews are strong, we're bound to have some powerful tools at our disposal." He considers the notion. "Plus, maybe he can start selling his wares to those in need. Not at extortive rates, but enough to help us pull some coin together to really get started out here."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"I should certainly hope so," Adrian responds. "But hard to see how he wouldn't worst case scenario, we've a few extra concoctions to aid us in our journey. Best case, a source of income and a practiced mage to help defend our makeshift home," he says. "Tell me, what do you know of the man?" he asks, turning to his paramour.

OOC
[SHOW]

I am not sure if you want me to roll anything to see if Chloë has intel on the man prior to leaving Menora, but if so let me know what to add in.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"A good alchemist can go a long way," Wes replies to the dwarf's thoughts on Farryn. "It's part of what makes the Arc-Knights a force to be reckoned with. The county's best alchemists making the strongest knights stronger." He scans the terrain for ingredient they seek, eager to get the elf's alchemy going. "He'll be a powerful ally."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Strongest knights?" Brannik says, cocking an eyebrow at him. "You should have seen the Hollowguard. Well, at least before they were taken over by a proper cunt."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"I wouldn't rule them out just on the politics of leadership Bull. They rest of the members are still the same. Well minus two," Gemma says.

"I've never heard of him actually," Chloë says in reply to Adrian's question. "He certainly wasn't wrong about competition in Menora," she adds.

You continue walking and start to near the river bank which you see is lined with a plethora of vegetation.

[SHOW]

"Folk should help other folk, especially when times are tough" the old fisherman replies. "The moment they stop then we're no better than animals fighting over scraps." The man begins to row, slowly moving you across the river.

"Why do you even want to cross? I don't think I asked you before."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Yeah, yeah," Brannik grumbles, knowing his companion to be right. "Look," he says, pointing at the thick vegetation lining the river bank. "Time to get to work."

[SHOW]

Nature check to see if Brannik can ζ༼Ɵ͆ل͜Ɵ͆༽ᶘ ʀᴏʟʟᴜᴘ ᴅᴀ ɢʀᴀss ζ༼Ɵ͆ل͜Ɵ͆༽ᶘ :10(1d20) +8 = 18

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Nor I," Wes replies to Chloë as she mentions her lack of knowledge on the man. "He certainly picked the hardest city to start his business in. It's no wonder he had to move." As they walk towards the river bank, Wes keeps his eyes open for any of the plants they seek.

[SHOW]

Perception to not see better than Brannik : ( 3(1d20) +10 = 13

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Siegfried considered his answer before responding. "My answer doesn't matter, but I've heard of fights going on over here. I'm hoping to test my mettle with other warriors near my power." He stared forward, assured that this was what he was meant to do.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Hm, alright," Adrian responds, having heard the responses from the two Malverners. He could be highly skilled or a hack, for all we know. I suppose we will only find out once he begins to work his magic. The man chuckles to himself at the unintentional pun that crossed his mind, before following the others towards the bank to attempt to find the requested reeds.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Nature too: 19

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

EVERYONE ELSE
[SHOW]

You spend about half an hour searching the banks in the area, with Brannik and Adrian managing to find some of the White Stalk Reeds for Farryn, although the group consensus is that it's not quite enough and you should search some more either further up or down river.

Your search is interrupted by a shout from Kass. "There's a boat coming!" She shouts, pointing to a small row boat further up the river which appears to be about to come ashore. It's hard to tell from this distance but there are at least two people in it. And an occasional glint from the sun suggests arms or armour.

Siegfried
[SHOW]

"Well I'm sure you'll get the chance," the old fisherman replies. "There was a big battle at Parth a few weeks ago, but since then it's mostly been raiding parties and scouts fighting," he says as he continues to row.

The river is wide and it's slow going but after about fifteen minutes you near the reed beds on the opposite bank. Looking around you spot want looks to be a group of people by the bank further downriver. "Here we are," the man says, as he manoeuvres the boat around the vegetation and up to the bank. "Good luck," he adds gesturing to the bank with one hand.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Brannik stays on his guard, eyeing the boat approaching. "They better hope they're not coming for us," the dwarf says, leaning on his hammer. "Hardly a fair fight, innit?"

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Perception to notice any regalia, and to get a better look at the occupants as they approach: 7(1d20) +10 = 17

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Siegfried nods and hands the boatsman a extra few coins. "I won't be needing these where I'm going." He says as he steps out of the boat. "Buy you and your family something nice. Put food on the table." He smiles under his helmet and begins walking towards the people.

Last edited by FinalTemplar on Wed May 01, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Aye," Adrian responds, watching the boat as well. "Let's hope they're wiser than our most recent acquaintances," he adds, waiting to see what happens.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"If they're not, then they're in for a world of hurt," Wes replies, eyeing the banks. "Although I doubt a bandit would be so brazen as to travel in broad daylight."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The group watches as the boat reaches the bank and one of the men disembarks before the remaining man starts to turn the boat around for a return journey. The apparent passenger begins to walk towards you and as he approaches you can see that he is heavily armed and armoured. He is soon close enough to be within earshot.

[sblock=Brannik]You can't see any identifying markings you recognise on the man's armour.[/sblock]

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"That's about close enough," Brannik calls out, issuing for the heavily armored man to stop.

"Which king do you fight for?"

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Siegfried stops, raises a hand in a waving gesture. "Myself. My lord is dead, and has not held power for many years." He yelled back at the man.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Yourself?" Brannik responds, raising an eyebrow. He looks to his two allies, quieting his voice. "Great, a fourth king."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"I think his majesty is a bit too big for his breeches," Wes retorts as he eyes the newcomer. If his 'lord' holds no power, it's likely he holds exactly the same. Suspicious of the man and his motives, Wes shouts back, "And from where do you hail?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"And more importantly, why are you traveling alone, armed, via riverboat? State your purpose, if it is not warfare," Adrian responds, not interested in the man's heritage, only his goals.

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

He took a few more steps forward, not drawing his weapon. "I have come to fight other warriors of the same skill as I. I hold no land, no power, and my father let his kingdom go to waste. He isn't actually dead, but he might as well be. Crazy, rattled, but not quite gone. Yet, at least." He snickered to himself as he continued to walk forward, speaking loud enough for them to hear. "Are you my first challenge? Or will you lead me toward the fighting."

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

As the man approaches, Brannik hefts his warhammer off the ground and rests it on his shoulder.

"I don't know, stranger. But if you get any closer, you'll find out," he warns. Who does this cocky fucker think he is?

[sblock=OOC]dio if you come any closer i'm going to fuck you up[/sblock]

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

"If a fight is to be had, then a fight will be had." He draws his sword and continues to move forward. "It'll be a good test of my skills." He laughs almost as if he enjoys the thought of a good fight. What nerve.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Brannik takes a step forward, spinning his warhammer from his shoulder into a two-handed grip. “And your stupidity,” he counters. Fucking Tulrissians...

[sblock=Initiative]9(1d20) +3 = 12[/sblock]

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Siegfried let out another laugh, "By the gods, this will be fun." He says to himself as he flourishes his sword and takes a run at Brannik.

[sblock=Initiative]12(1d20) +3 = 15[/sblock]

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Go: Siegfried

[sblock=Map]I'm not going to make a map for this. Brannik and Sigfried start about 6 squares apart with the others yet to get involved in the fight a fewof squares behind Brannik.[/sblock]
[sblock=Status]15 Sigfried | HP: 61/61 | Surges: 10/10 | AP: 1/1 |
12 Brannik | HP: 79/79 | Surges: 15/15 | AP: 1/1 |

Wes | HP: 69/69 | Surges: 12/12 | AP: 1/1 | Not in fight
Chloë | HP: 46/46 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Not in fight
Kass | HP: 54/54 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Not in fight
Adrian | HP: 60/60 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Not in fight
Gemma | HP: 53/53 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Not in fight[/sblock]

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Siegfried smirks as he suddenly kicks off into a sprint, charging towards Brannik. He comes down with his fullblade, slashing at his foe. Missing with his first, he spins to Brannik's side and attempts to slash again.

[sblock=Mechanics]Standard: Charge VS Brannik - 5(1d20) +15 = 20; 5(1d12) +12 = 17; 1(1d8) = 1; 1(1d6) = 1 20 vs AC, 19 damage if it hits.
Move: Boots of Adept Charging - Shift 1 square to Brannik's left.
Free: Action Point
Standard 2: Dominator's Strike vs Brannik 14(1d20) +12 = 26; 6(1d12) +5 = 11 26 vs AC, 13 damage if it hits (+2 from Bracers of Mighty Striking. I gain 4 Temporary HP.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Block]Siegfried Drakonhardt

Male Dragonborn Blackguard 7
Languages: Common, Tulrissian
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 210 lbs.

Speed: 6 squares, fly 6 squares (alt. limit 2 squares)
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 14
Passive Insight: 12
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 24 (26 w/ Shield)
Fort: 20
Reflex: 15
Will: 19
HP: 61/61
Bloodied: 30
Surge Value: 15
Surges left: 10/10
Action Points: 1

MBA: Vanguard Fullblade - +14 vs AC - 1d12+9 damage,
MBA: Broadsword - +10 vs AC - 1d10+7

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

At-Will
Bull Rush Attack
Grab Attack
Opportunity Attack
Vengeance Strike
Dominator's Strike

Item At-Will

Encounter []
Wind Fury Assault []
Dread Smite []
Vice's Reward []
Shroud of Shadow []
Second Wind []

Item Encounter [_]

Daily []
Concussive Vengeance []
Frenzying Smite []
Servant of Vice []
Aspect of Domination [_]

Item Daily []
Vanguard Fullblade []
Savage Full Plate [_]

Consumables:

None

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Feature:
Race Features: Dagonborn; Bozak Draconian
Dragonborn Fury - When bloodied, gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls.
Bozak Instinctive Flight - Gain a flight speed of 6 squares (altitude limit 1). I cannot use this fly speed if I am carrying more than a normal load. Must land at the end of my turn. This replaces Draconic Heritage. (Modified by a feat).
Concussive Vengeance - Gain the Concussive Vengeance daily power.

Feats: Two-Handed Weapon Expertise - Gain +1 to hit with weapon attacks made with a two-handed melee weapon. In addition, gain +1 to damage made with charge attacks using a two-handed weapon. (+2 to both at 11th level, +3 at 21st level.)
Armor Proficiency (Full Plate) - Gain proficiency with Full Plate.
Weapon Proficiency (Fullblade) - Gain proficiency with the Fullblade.
Draconian Wings - Through a rigorous regimen of toughening exercises, I have improved my strength for the purposes of movement. I can ignore the speed penalty for wearing heavy armor, and my altitude limit for my Instinctive Flight increases to 2.
Powerful Charge - Gain +2 to damage and +2 bonus to bull rush attempts when I charge.

Item Feature:
Vanguard Fullblade - Minor Action (Daily) - Use this power when I make a charge attack, all allies within 10 squares gain +1 to attack and a bonus equal to my Charisma bonus (+4) to damage until SONT.
Passive: +1d8 damage on any successful Charge.
Savage Full Plate - Minor Action (Daily) - I shriek and my armor howls with me, pushing all adjacent enemies 1 square.
Passive: +2 to Intimidate Checks.
Horned Helm - Passive: My charge attacks deal +1d6 damage.
Bracers of Mighty Striking - Passive: On MBA hit, gain +2 item bonus to damage roll.
Boots of Adept Charging - After charging, can shift 1 square before turn ends.
Badge of the Berserker - When I charge, movement made as part of the attack doesn't provoke opportunity attacks.
Passive: +1 to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will saves.

Class Powers
[SHOW]

Bull Rush Attack - Standard Action - STR vs FORT - Push target one square and then shift 1 square into the space it left.
Grab Attack - STR vs REF - Hit: Grab target until EONT. End grab as a free action. Minor Action on next turn to sustain.
Opportunity Attack - An enemy that you can see either leaves a square adjacent to me or uses a ranged or an area power while adjacent to me, I get to make a MBA against the target.
Vengeance Strike - Standard Action - 14 (STR) vs AC - Melee - One Target - Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier (+5). I gain a power bonus to the damage roll equal to twice the number of enemies (max of +8) adjacent to me.
Dominator's Strike - Standard Action - 14 (STR) vs AC - Melee - One Target - Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier (+5). I gain temporary hit points equal to my Charisma modifier (+4).
Wind Fury Assault - Standard Action - 14 (STR) vs AC - Melee - One Target - Effect: Fly up to my speed. At any point during this movement, I can make the following attack. Attack: STR vs AC. Hit: 1[W] + 5 (STR) damage and slide target 1 square.
Dread Smite - Free Action - Personal - Trigger: Target enemy with at-will weapon attack power. Effect: Target takes cold and necrotic damage equal to 4+4 (Charisma Modifier). If the triggering attack hits, target also takes ongoing 5 cold and necrotic damage (save ends). SPECIAL: May use twice per encounter, but only once per turn.
Shroud of Shadow - Minor Action - Gain partial Concealment until EONT. Gain 5 Temporary hit points. Improved Shroud of Shadow: Gain additional temporary hit points equal to 2+4 (Charisma modifier).
Vice's Reward - Minor Action - Gain 5 temporary hit points, and can make a saving throw. In addition, gain +2 power bonus to defenses until EONT.
Second Wind - Standard Action - Spend a healing surge and gain +2 bonus to all defenses until SONT. Windlord Level 5 Feature: Whenever I use my second wind, push each adjacent creature back 1 square.
Concussive Vengeance - Standard Action - Close burst 1 - Each creature in burst area - 2+STR vs Reflex - Hit: Targets take thunder damage equal to bloodied value and fall prone. Miss: Half Damage. Effect: I take damage equal to my bloodied value, and fall prone. This damage cannot be reduced. Special: If this effect is not willingly triggered for the day, this power automatically triggers when I die.
Frenzying Smite - Standard Action - Melee - One Target - Attack: 14 vs AC - Hit: 4[W]+5 (STR modifier) damage, and push target up to 2 squares. Then shift 3 squares to be adjacent to the target. Miss: Half damage. Effect: Grant CA to target until SONT.
Servant of Vice - Minor Action - Close burst 2 - Effect: Conjure a Small servant in an unoccupied square in the burst. This servant last until the end of the encounter. This servant occupies its square and can be attacked. Its defenses equal mine, and it is destroyed if hit by any attack. Creatures other than me grant CA while adjacent to the servant. Servant will listen to the following commands:
Move Action (Teleportation): Teleports up to 6 squares.
Minor Action: The servant attempts to answer a question I pose to it. DM determines the DC, and I roll 1d20+7+3 (Half of level). For every daily magic item power sacrificed by me or an ally within 5 squares of the servant, it gains a +5 bonus to the check. Can take this action a number of times per day equal to my Charisma modifier (+4).
Aspect of Domination - Minor Action - Personal - Effect: Until End of the Encounter, when I hit any enemy with an at-will attack, I also push that target up to a number of squares (+4) equal to my Charisma modifier.

[/sblock]

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The dwarf manages to parry the man's attack however the follow up attack catches him off guard allowing the Tulrissian to land a blow.

Go: Brannik

[sblock=Mechanics]Siegfried: Charges, misses, shift's to Brannik's left, uses action point, hits for 13 damage, gains 4 THP[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]I'm not going to make a map for this. Brannik and Sigfried start about 6 squares apart with the others yet to get involved in the fight a fewof squares behind Brannik.[/sblock]
[sblock=Status]15 Siegfried | HP: 61+4/61 | Surges: 10/10 | AP: 0/1 |
12 Brannik | HP: 66/79 | Surges: 15/15 | AP: 1/1 |

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Brannik shrugs off the tickle of the stranger's blade, gripping his warhammer so tight that the ground at his feet seems to rise with him. Must every human have an inferiority complex?

The dwarf brings his weapon down with great force into the man's side, knocking him easily to the grass before following through with a brutal overhead swing that takes him directly in the chestplate.

[sblock=Mechanics]Minor: Wilding Strength, gaining a bonus 1d6 power bonus to attack and damage rolls with weapon attacks.

Free: Mark Siegfried.

Minor: Boiling Cloud, creating a zone burst 1 on me that grants me partial concealment. Marked enemies starting their turns in the zone take 5 damage.

Standard: Weight of Earth on Siegfriend. Hits 31 AC for 25 damage, slowing, proccing Takedown Strike for 5 extra damage and proning, for a total of 30 damage.
Attack: 12(1d20) +13 +6(1d6) = 31
Damage: 9(2d6.reroll(2)) +2(1d6) +14 = 25

Action Point: Rough Strike on Siegfriend. Hits 33 AC for 37 damage.
Attack: 14(1d20) +15 +4(1d6) = 33
Damage: 12(4d6.reroll(2)) +4(1d6) +21 = 37[/sblock]
[sblock=Brannik Luhoum -- Combat Block]Brannik Luhoum

Male Mul Warden 7
Languages: Dwarven, Tulrissian
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 180 lbs.

Speed: 6
Passive Perception: 20
Passive Insight: 13

AC: 23
Reflex: 14
Will: 15
HP: 66/79
Bloodied: 39
Surge Value: 19
Surges left: 15/15

MBA: 1d20+13 vs. AC, 2d6+9.
RBA: 1d20+3 vs. AC, 1d4.

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Weight of Earth
Acrobat Boots

Second Wind[]
Takedown Strike[X]
Incredible Toughness[]
Roots of Stone[]
Rough Strike[X]
Mountain Hammer[]
Screaming Armor +2 [_]

Form of Winter's Herald[]
Nature Sense []
Boiling Cloud [X]
Wildling Strength [X]

Consumables:

Elixir of Invisibility

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Crippling Crush: Immobilizing or slowing an enemy does an extra 5 damage.

World Serpent's Grasp: When hitting a slowed or immobilized target with an attack, you can knock it prone.

Vicious Advantage: You gain CA against immobilized or slowed targets.

Two-Handed Weapon Expertise: Charging grants +1 to damage rolls.

Tireless: Sleeping 6 hours in a 3-day period gains the benefit of an extended rest.

Subtle Mordenkrad +2: +2 item bonus to damage rolls with this weapon against enemies granting CA.

Stalwart Belt: +5 THP when critting.

Cloak of the Walking Wounded: When using Second Wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges.

Equipped Items Format
[SHOW]

Code: Select all

Main Hand: Subtle Mordenkrad +2
Offhand:   (n/a)
Body:      Screaming Hide Armor +2

Head:      ---
Neck:      Cloak of the Walking Wounded +1
Arms:      ---
Hands:     ---
Waist:     Stalwart Belt
Feet:      Acrobat Boots
Symbol:    ---
Ki Focus:  ---
Ring:      ---
Tattoo:    ---

Boon:      ---

[/sblock]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Brannik's final blow crumples the man's breast plate, who coughs up blood as he lays potentially mortally wounded on the ground on the edge of consciousness.

"Nicely done Bull!" Gemma cheers celebrating her mentor's victory.

Short Rest?

[sblock=Siegfried]Normally you'd be fully unconscious at this point, but feel free to say something to convince the group not to leave you for dead/finish you off if you want to.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mechanics]Brannik: marks, creates zone, hits, slows, prones, uses AP, hits, downs.[/sblock]
[sblock=Status]15 Siegfried | HP: -2/61 | Surges: 10/10 | AP: 0/1 | Downed, 0/3 Failed Death Saves
12 Brannik | HP: 66/79 | Surges: 15/15 | AP: 0/1 | Rough Strike, Wilding Strength, Boiling Crowd

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Perhaps you'd like to tell us your name before Inara takes you, so we may remember you," Wes says, looking down upon the beaten man. "Your grave would look much nicer that way anyways." And the stories about this will be so much better.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Your skills have been tested," Brannik says, eyeing the stranger peculiarly. "They're lacking, boy." He stands over the dying man, taking a moment to bandage the painful but thankfully shallow wound he took from the swordsman.

"What a waste of a life, though." The dwarf shakes his head in irritation, slinging his warhammer onto his backstrap again. "Why do you choose to throw your talent away, when others depend on them?"

[sblock=Mechanics]Pop a surge to top off. Regain encounter powers.[/sblock]
[sblock=Brannik Luhoum -- Combat Block]Brannik Luhoum

Male Mul Warden 7
Languages: Dwarven, Tulrissian
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 180 lbs.

Speed: 6
Passive Perception: 20
Passive Insight: 13

AC: 23
Reflex: 14
Will: 15
HP: 79/79
Bloodied: 39
Surge Value: 19
Surges left: 14/15

MBA: 1d20+13 vs. AC, 2d6+9.
RBA: 1d20+3 vs. AC, 1d4.

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None.

Powers:

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Weight of Earth
Acrobat Boots

Second Wind[]
Takedown Strike[]
Incredible Toughness[]
Roots of Stone[]
Rough Strike[]
Mountain Hammer[]
Screaming Armor +2 [_]

Form of Winter's Herald[]
Nature Sense []
Boiling Cloud [X]
Wildling Strength [X]

Consumables:

Elixir of Invisibility

Important Features:
[SHOW]

Crippling Crush: Immobilizing or slowing an enemy does an extra 5 damage.

World Serpent's Grasp: When hitting a slowed or immobilized target with an attack, you can knock it prone.

Vicious Advantage: You gain CA against immobilized or slowed targets.

Two-Handed Weapon Expertise: Charging grants +1 to damage rolls.

Tireless: Sleeping 6 hours in a 3-day period gains the benefit of an extended rest.

Subtle Mordenkrad +2: +2 item bonus to damage rolls with this weapon against enemies granting CA.

Stalwart Belt: +5 THP when critting.

Cloak of the Walking Wounded: When using Second Wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges.

Equipped Items Format
[SHOW]

Code: Select all

Main Hand: Subtle Mordenkrad +2
Offhand:   (n/a)
Body:      Screaming Hide Armor +2

Head:      ---
Neck:      Cloak of the Walking Wounded +1
Arms:      ---
Hands:     ---
Waist:     Stalwart Belt
Feet:      Acrobat Boots
Symbol:    ---
Ki Focus:  ---
Tattoo:    ---

Boon:      ---

[/sblock]

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Siegfried weakly reaches up to take off his helmet, rolling it over. "S-...Siegfried... Drakonhardt." He coughed. "No one's depending on me or my abilities for shit. I'm the last of my bloodline, and my home is gone. Wiped from the map in all ways but physically." He smiled up at Brannik. "Dying here benefits no one but me, but I'm happy to have finally been bested by another warrior on the field of battle." He takes a moment to catch his breath. "I would have done well to be taught by you, mayhap I'd have done a little better." His eyes closed and he relaxed a bit. "Perhaps I'd not die here, if you'd grant me such a wish, but to be defeated by someone better..." He smiled a little brighter. "That is a good death." He says.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Yes," Brannik says curtly. "You could have done better."

Turning back to the others, the dwarf shakes his head in confusion and irritation. "Let's move. We have a job to do." He begins to stroll down the riverbank, his hammer now slung on his back once again.

[sblock=Mechanics]That job is to pick flowers. Should I roll again?[/sblock]

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"King Siegfried Drakonhardt the Brash. We shall remember you well," Wes says as they step away from the dying man. "Perhaps he should have stuck with warriors of his skill. I know a nice squire who would have been a good match." He nods at the dwarf's words, eager to finish the job they came to do. We just want to pick some plants in peace and instead we run into a lunatic.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Adrian watches the events unfold in a mixture of surprise, amusement, and embarrassment towards the stranger. While he'd seen the bull fight before, he didn't expect the man to so easily stop the newcomer in his tracks with a single blow. He raises an eyebrow as the man falls to the ground, delivering his speech to the disinterested ears of himself and his colleagues.

"I suppose it's not the strangest thing I've witnessed," Adrian responds to the others, as they turn to leave the man to his own devices. What could he have been after? Did he truly merely seek to die a warrior's death? These Tulrissians never seek to amaze me. "Though most of the other oddities I've witnessed were in back alleys and run down old buildings, not out in the open field like this," he adds with a laugh as he returns to searching for plants.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"War drives many men mad," Brannik explains curtly. "Their minds shatter before their bodies do." He carries with him a bad mood, his day now soured that his hand had been forced. Waste of a life.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"His mind shattered long before the war from the sounds of it," Wes remarks to the soured dwarf. Drakonhardt... Perhaps the name can provide some answers.

[sblock=Mechanics]History to see if Wes had ever heard of House Drakonhardt and its holdings: 16(1d20) +13 = 29[/sblock]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

[sblock=Sigfried]The dwarf and his companions turn to leave as you remain on the ground. Their voices begin to fade although you are unsure if that is due to distance or your quickly approaching death as the darkness begins to close in around you.[/sblock]
[sblock=Everyone Else]Please make a nature check to continue your completely normal stroll along the river.[/sblock]

[sblock=Wes]You vaguely remember reading the name, likely due to its strangeness, in a book about the noble house of the Spear. You recall the name being little more than listed meaning the family are likely unlanded, like the Tarkins just less prominent, or rule over little more than a small keep and a couple of villages.[/sblock]

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Quite possibly," Brannik replies. "No sane man goes in search of the fighting. Not without somebody else hanging a fat heap of gold over their heads, at least." He narrows his eyes, scanning the riverbank from left to right in order to find more of the elf's herbs.

[sblock=Mechanics]Nature to find herbz 420 blaze ζ༼Ɵ͆ل͜Ɵ͆༽ᶘ ʀᴏʟʟᴜᴘ ᴅᴀ ɢʀᴀss ζ༼Ɵ͆ل͜Ɵ͆༽ᶘ: 12(1d20) +8 = (4)20[/sblock]

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"I knew I'd heard that name somewhere," Wes says, recalling the book he had once read. "His family is extraordinarily minor nobility in the Spear, if I recall right. He's right that his name means little." Looking back towards where they left the deceased man, he adds, "And soon it will mean nothing at all."

[sblock=Mechanics]Nature: 1(1d20) +5 = 6 what's a plant?[/sblock]

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"That's the problem that we're facing," Brannik says, turning to Wes. "This land reeks of lineage crises. 'What will my grandchildren think if I didn't storm this keep and kill this lord?'"

He spits on the ground. "Your people are smart. And hardy," the dwarf admits. "But damned if they aren't petty, sometimes. When everyone is looking out for their own future, they don't leave room for others'."

Every culture has its own pitfalls. I could go for days about my own.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"So much looking towards the future that they are blind to the things right in front of them," Adrian adds to Brannik's words, thinking back to his past, how he himself was not much different back when he still lived in Gleios. Perhaps the tragedies of war will be as much a teacher to them as it was to me.

[sblock=Mechanics]Nature: 30[/sblock]

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Wes shrugs at Brannik's surprisingly apt observation of Tulrissian affairs, recognizing his words to be true but knowing it's the Tulrissian way. "Some think of the whole future, yet they are drowned out by the selfish and the greedy. I suppose that happens when a name holds more sway than gold." It's good that Menora thinks of the whole future, at least.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

After a short while searching, Brannik and Adrian again find more of the reeds and you gather what you assume should be more than enough for Farryn. Shortly after you finish packing the reeds away, you here the sound of a horn on the wind, coming from further upriver.