Death Incarnate: A Zombie Tale IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
PureZaros
The Enigma
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Re: Death Incarnate: A Zombie Tale IC

Post by PureZaros »

"I think we should let these boys do a little jog around outside. Get 'em to take these creeps off th' door." Elene says, brandishing her dagger at the two would-be bandits.
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by Fialova »

"So they can run away and possibly bring more to us in retaliation? Or simply make off and get killed in the streets, two fewer hands? No, that would be a bad idea. We've got them right where they are most useful, they can stay there for now" Marcus watches the men carefully, expecting them to take any opportunity to turn the tides back in their favor. It's a wonder they've survived this long on the streets if they are really this bad at picking targets.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Fighting in the plaza doesn't seem like the best idea. There could be more of these things out there and the noise from the fight would travel a lot farther, attracting more of them to us," Liviana adds. "At least if we fought them in here, the sounds wouldn't echo to the other side of town."
kalis5
Hm...
Registered for: 10 years 3 months

Post by kalis5 »

Redros looks at the boy and shakes his head, leaning in to whisper quietly.
"Let them believe there is no other option child. A wolf is most ferocious when backed into a corner. We will make them believe there is no escape and waste their energy defending us before removing them. We are not as well armed, and should we try to fight, we would lose some of our number. I would rather not risk capable and, more importantly, willing hands in one fight with them only to lose more in the next."
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"And th' things bangin' on th' door aren't making a bunch of noise?" Elene retorts. "I really don't care what happens t' these scum, but I don't want to get caught in a close space with th' things outside."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Fighting them in the open is clearly a bad idea, but letting them continue to assault the door is equally bad. If anyone wants to volunteer to sneak out hit them from behind then by all means, but it should only be a volunteer mission. It is much too dangerous for anyone to be forced into it. Otherwise I say we take them here, where we can have the high ground and force them into a bottleneck in the doorway. The chairs and tables not in front of the door can be used to make small barricades to limit their mobility, and if anyone by some luck has magical abilities then they could stick to the back of the room."

Marcus turns back to the two new men, before finishing with "I will give you a signal, then you open the doors. You won't be alone in the fight, don't worry - no one wants anyone to die this night." He says the last bit with a slightly softer tone, trying to sound sincere.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Elene glares daggers at the two bandits. When they make eye contact with her, she sticks her tongue out at them and makes a rude gesture. First good chance I get, these two are gettin' put down.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1

Go: Everyone

Grumbling, Smock and Weasel brutally shove some of the stools and benches aside, making sure to not get their ankles grabbed by the hands reaching in from the doors. "Right, then, Weasel... Count of three," Smock says with a shaky tone as the other survivors in the Gilded Mare take their last moment to reposition themselves for what may come. "One... two... look alive, mates! An' three!" the tall man calls out as he and his chubby partner pull away the thicken wooden bar that has been keeping the double doors in place and closed. They fall away from the threshold and Weasel trips over a bar-stool jutting out from the mess, the man dropping to the ground with a scream.

"Hold your ground!" Cassia calls to the tavern patrons, just a moment before the double doors smash open with unnatural power.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Roll initiative and one free move action to reposition before the onslaught.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Tables: Difficult terrain.

Bar: Difficult terrain and provides cover.

Hearth: The hearth has embers which can start up again if supplied fuel.

Barricade: (F4-D6) Impassible terrain but you can see through it.

Stairwell: Leads to the second-floor corridor.

Basement Door: Secured and locked shut from the inside by Burtin.
Enemy Info
[SHOW]
None yet.
Status
[SHOW]
Professor Oak: This isn't the time to read this, Ash!
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Marcus sighs inwardly as the fat thug falls to the floor. Right, I guess he is planning to die quickly. What a sorry sack of shit. He moves across the room towards the man, hoping that with his help he can get back on his feet before one of the creatures snuffs his life out.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move Action: Move to (G, 6)

Initiative: 9
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Marcus Aemilianus

Male Human Blackguard 1
Languages: Brenissian, Common
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 185 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +1
Passive Perception: 10
Passive Insight: 10
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 11
Fort: 16
Reflex: 13
Will: 15
HP: 29/29
Bloodied: 14
Surge Value: 7
Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 1

Resistances:
None

Vulnerabilities:
None

Saves:
None

Active Effects:
None

Powers:

Focused Discipline
Valiant Strike
Vengeance Strike
Dominator's Strike

Second Wind [_]
Dread Smite [_]
Shroud of Shadow [_]

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Dark Menace: Whenever I make a weapon attack against an enemy granting me CA, the enemy takes extra damage equal to my charisma modifier (+3)

Spirit of Vice (Domination): Once per round when I have THP, I can take a free action to do damage to myself right before making an attack roll against a target. The damage is equal to my charisma modifier (+3), and I can then gain an attack bonus to that attack equal to the same amount.

Power of Skill: +1 to untrained skill checks, and I can use Valiant Strike as an MBA.

Power of the Storm: +2 to intimidate checks. When I use Valiant Strike, I can choose to change its damage type to thunder (the power gains the thunder keyword and loses the keyword of its former damage types). If I do this, I gain a +2 bonus to the damage roll.

Devout Protector Expertise: I gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls made with a one-handed melee weapon, and a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls made with a holy symbol. While I use a shield, my allies gain a +1 shield bonus to AC.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Elene chuckles to herself as the fat basher falls over himself. I may not ev'n need to stick him. He's doin' a fine job already. She slinks back to the end of the tavern's bar, hiding behind it and watching the others take up their positions.
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Initiative: 20

Move Action: Sneak's Trick
Elene moves to [Q, 5]

Stealth Check: 17
COMBAT BLOCK
[SHOW]
Elene Fisher

Female Human Thief 1
Languages: Brennisian, Common
Height: 4'5"
Weight: 81 lbs

Initiative: +9
Passive Perception: 18
Passive Insight: 11

AC: 15
Fort: 12
Reflex: 18
Will: 12
HP: 25/25
Bloodied: 13
Surge Value: 6
Surges left: 7/7

Resistances: None
Vulnerabilities: None
Active Effects: None

Powers:

Sneak's Trick
Tactical Trick

[_] Second Wind
[_] Heroic Effort
[_] Hidden Strike
[_] Backstab
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Human Defense Bonus: +1 bonus to Ref, Will, and Fort.
Bonus Feat: Extra feat at lvl 1
Bonus Skill: Extra trained skill at lvl 1

Sneak Attack: When you make an attack with a light blade, hand crossbow, shortbow or sling and hit an enemy granting you CA, that enemy takes extra damage based on your level. You can only deal this damage once per turn.

Code: Select all

+------------------+
| Level  1-10: 2d6 |
| Level 11-20: 3d6 |
| Level 21-30: 5d6 |
+------------------+
Weapon Finesse: When you make an MBA, you can use Dex instead of Str for the attack and damage rolls. In addition, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls of weapon attacks made using light blades, hand crossbows, shortbows or slings.
First Strike: At the start of an encounter, you have CA against any creatures that have not yet acted in that encounter.

Surprising Charge: When you make a charge attack against a target granting CA to you, the attack deals an extra 1[W] damage if you hit with a light blade or spear.
Improved Initiative: You gain a +4 bonus to initiative.
Light Blade Expertise: +1 bonus per tier to attack rolls made with a light blade and +1 bonus per tier to damage rolls on attacks made with a light blade against targets granting CA.
Last edited by PureZaros on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Redros looks to the men before him and shakes his head, walking over as he speaks behind him to Isdren.
"Keep close to your mother and sister. Help them upstairs, go into one of the rooms, and lock the door. Leave this fight to us for now boy."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Initiative: 11(1d20) +7 = 18
Move to H8
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

As the doors fly open, Athena readies her knife and steps forward. I hope that was a result of a group effort and they're not individually that strong, she thinks, surprised by the force behind the doors' opening.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Initiative: 23

Move to (J,6)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With the two ruffians removing the barricade, the princess backs away towards the bar, not keen on being the first things the creatures see. Although stricken with fear as the monsters begin to break through, Liviana can't help but giggle quietly at the clumsy man falling to the floor. With another pound on the door, she snaps back into it and says a quick prayer to Aurelia, quiet enough for only her to hear. "Please grant me your grace and radiance, and protect me from these creatures."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move to K7

Init: 20
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Liviana Arvina

Female Longtooth Shifter Cleric 1
Languages: Brennisian, Imardanian
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 120 lbs.

Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 20
Passive Insight: 22
Senses: Low-light vision

AC: 14
Ref: 12
Will: 17
HP: 22/22
Bloodied: 11
Surge Value: 5
Action points: 1

Saves: None

Powers:

Sacred Flame
Lance of Faith

Second Wind [_]
Healing Word [_] [_]
Longtooth Shifting [_]
Prophetic Guidance [_]
Shield of Devotion [_]

Favor of the Gods [_] *
Turn Undead [_] *

Moment of Glory [_]

* Can only use one per encounter

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Battle Cleric's Lore: You gain a +2 shield bonus to AC, and you have proficiency with scale armor. In addition, whenever you use a cleric healing power to allow a target to spend a healing surge, that target gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Holy Symbol Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls that you make with a holy symbol. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. When you attack an enemy with an implement attack using a holy symbol, your enemies cannot gain combat advantage against you until the start of your next turn, unless you use a power or ability that states that you grant combat advantage.

Power of the Sun: You gain a +2 feat bonus to Insight checks. When you use a power associated with this feat and hit an enemy with it, that enemy gains vulnerable 3 radiant until the end of your next turn, after the power's effects are resolved. The vulnerability increases to 5 at 11th level and 8 at 21st level. (Lance of Faith)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1, Turn 1

Go: Athena

The survivors reposition to defend the lobby of the Gilded Mare from the onslaught of the strange, decaying creatures that begin to tromp through the threshold. Smock steps back with a whimper as a rather large figure steps into the doorway where it screeches a horrible noise. Two normal-sized creatures flank it, blocking your view of the outside. They all begin to slowly lurch forward, their hands raised and their gaping mouths open to devour anything they can reach.

The mother and her daughter both scream, and Bastia harshly hushes them before stepping around them. Drozga and Matilda back away, horrified at the sight, while Guthrik, Isdren, and Cassia step closer to the welcoming party. "Hold them back!" the Watchman calls to the survivors, and she brandishes her dagger forward, signalling the others to bring their weapons, if any, up.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
PCs and NPCs use a move action to reposition, and enemies appear in the doorway, officially beginning the encounter.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Zombie Peasant -- These creatures are what most of you have seen already. Tattered clothing, if any, covers their bodies and their skin looks a ghastly green or pale beige tone, some of it sloughing off. They are in various stages of decomposition, some more than others. Their faces are locked in a nasty snarl with their lips bared to show their stained and decayed teeth, and they lurch forward with slow, rigid steps with their dead arms reaching forward.

Shambling Brawler -- Looks similar to the other walkers you've seen with tattered clothing, decayed skin, and rotting joints, but this one is a good amount larger. Could have possibly been a warrior or heavy laborer in life, but its disgusting status leaves you wondering which.
Status
[SHOW]
23 || Athena, J6
21 || Zombie Peasant 1, F2, (-0,??)
20 || Liviana, K7, (22/22)
20 || Elene, Q5, (25/25)
19 || Bastia, N14
18 || Redros, H8,
18 || Weasel, F5
16 || Matilda, S10
15 || Bessia, O15
15 || Zombie Peasant 2, D4, (-0,??)
12 || Guthrik, L8
12 || Smock, I4
11 || Drozga, P3
9 || Marcus, G6, (29/29)
9 || Shambling Brawler 1, E3, (-0,??)
9 || Isdren, J12
9 || Jozanta, M15
5 || Cassia, I7, (31,31)
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"We need to wait for them to get further into the bottleneck," Athena says as the walking corpses burst into the inn. Her eyes widen slightly as the larger creature lets out a piercing screech.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Delay turn
Comabt Block
[SHOW]
Athena

Female Thri-Kreen Rogue 1
Languages: Brenissian, Imardanian

Speed: 7
Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 15
Senses: Normal

Fort: 13
Ref: 17
Will: 11
HP: 23/23
Surges left: 6/6

Powers:

Piercing Strike
Riposte Strike

Second Wind [_]
Low Blow [_]
Dazing Strike [_]
Thri-Kreen Claws [_]

Press the Advantage [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Multiple Arms: Once per turn, you can draw or sheathe a weapon (or retrieve or stow an item stored on your person) as a free action instead of a minor action.

Natural Jumper: You are always considered to have a running start when jumping.

Torpor: Rather than sleep, you enter a torpid state. In this state, you remain aware of your surroundings, and you require only 4 hours of torpor to gain the benefit of an extended rest.

Light Blade Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a light blade. In addition you gain a +1 bonus to the damage rolls of weapon attacks that you make with a light blade against a creature granting combat advantage to you.

First Strike: At the start of an encounter, you have combat advantage against any creatures that have not yet acted in that encounter.

Sneak Attack: When hitting an enemy granting combat advantage to you, that enemy takes extra damage of 2d6+3.

Son of Alagondar: While flanking an enemy, your allies gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls against that enemy.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1, Turn 1

Go: Liviana, Elene

The terrible creatures move forward into the lobby, and Athena holds her position. The first walker clears the barricade and surges toward Smock, who screams out, trying to scramble over the bar table. The creature lets out a gurgle and clenches the man's calf with unnatural grip, crooking its neck down to bite at him. Try as he might, Smock struggles as the walker's stained teeth gnash into the man's flesh and he lets out a second scream, the floor of the Gilded Mare already stained with his blood.

Cursing, the man clenches his leg as he shakes off his attacker, and it gains its balance and stands straight up again, its arms flailing to grab at Smock again.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Athena: Delays turn til player choice.

Zombie Peasant 1: Moves and attacks Smock, who is now prone on the bar-top.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Stools: Difficult terrain.

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Zombie Peasant -- These creatures are what most of you have seen already. Tattered clothing, if any, covers their bodies and their skin looks a ghastly green or pale beige tone, some of it sloughing off. They are in various stages of decomposition, some more than others. Their faces are locked in a nasty snarl with their lips bared to show their stained and decayed teeth, and they lurch forward with slow, rigid steps with their dead arms reaching forward.

Shambling Brawler -- Looks similar to the other walkers you've seen with tattered clothing, decayed skin, and rotting joints, but this one is a good amount larger. Could have possibly been a warrior or heavy laborer in life, but its disgusting status leaves you wondering which.
Status
[SHOW]
?? || Athena, J6
21 || Zombie Peasant 1, H3, (-0,??)
20 || Elene, Q5, (25/25)
19 || Bastia, N14
18 || Redros, H8,
18 || Weasel, F5 || Prone
16 || Matilda, S10
15 || Bessia, O15
12 || Guthrik, L8
12 || Smock, I4 || Bitten, Prone
11 || Drozga, P3
9 || Marcus, G6, (29/29)
9 || Isdren, J12
9 || Jozanta, M15
5 || Cassia, I7, (31,31)
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Peeking over the bar top, Elene spots the thinner bandit get knocked over onto the counter by what looks like a walking corpse. Panicking, she curls up and shivers behind her bit of cover, momentarily overwhelmed by the sight. H-how could anyone've survived this! Please be safe, Dollface...
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Delay Turn
COMBAT BLOCK
[SHOW]
Elene Fisher

Female Human Thief 1

Powers:

Sneak's Trick
Tactical Trick

[_] Second Wind
[_] Heroic Effort
[_] Hidden Strike
[_] Backstab
Important Features:
[SHOW]

Sneak Attack: When you make an attack with a light blade, hand crossbow, shortbow or sling and hit an enemy granting you CA, that enemy takes extra damage based on your level. You can only deal this damage once per turn.

+------------------+
+------------------+
Weapon Finesse: When you make an MBA, you can use Dex instead of Str for the attack and damage rolls. In addition, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls of weapon attacks made using light blades, hand crossbows, shortbows or slings.
First Strike: At the start of an encounter, you have CA against any creatures that have not yet acted in that encounter.

Surprising Charge: When you make a charge attack against a target granting CA to you, the attack deals an extra 1[W] damage if you hit with a light blade or spear.
Light Blade Expertise: +1 bonus per tier to attack rolls made with a light blade and +1 bonus per tier to damage rolls on attacks made with a light blade against targets granting CA.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

As the creatures stumble in and shriek, Liviana is frozen in fear. With the first of the monsters attacking slimmer thug, the princess says a quick prayer to her goddess. Her holy ring begins to glow and a harsh light assaults the creature. The flesh of the rotting creature sizzles, and mortified, Liviana steps back a bit. Regaining her composure after a moment, she lifts herself up and slides over to the bar, hoping she'll be safer from the zombies' grasps.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Lance of Faith on ZP1
Attack: 16(1d20) +6 = 22 vs Reflex = Hit -> ZP1 gains vulnerable 3 radiant until EONT
Damage: 5(1d8) +5 = 10 radiant damage
Marcus gains +2 to his next attack roll against ZP1

Move: Walk to K3
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Liviana Arvina

Powers:

Sacred Flame
Lance of Faith

Second Wind [_]
Healing Word [_] [_]
Longtooth Shifting [_]
Prophetic Guidance [_]
Shield of Devotion [_]

Favor of the Gods [_] *
Turn Undead [_] *

Moment of Glory [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Battle Cleric's Lore: You gain a +2 shield bonus to AC, and you have proficiency with scale armor. In addition, whenever you use a cleric healing power to allow a target to spend a healing surge, that target gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Holy Symbol Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls that you make with a holy symbol. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. When you attack an enemy with an implement attack using a holy symbol, your enemies cannot gain combat advantage against you until the start of your next turn, unless you use a power or ability that states that you grant combat advantage.

Power of the Sun: You gain a +2 feat bonus to Insight checks. When you use a power associated with this feat and hit an enemy with it, that enemy gains vulnerable 3 radiant until the end of your next turn, after the power's effects are resolved. The vulnerability increases to 5 at 11th level and 8 at 21st level. (Lance of Faith)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1, Turn 1

Go: Redros

The princess' prayer to Aurelia proves useful as the power of the Radiant Goddess appears from thin air in a flash of white-gold light around the rotting walker. It groans as its flesh crackles under the divine assault, and many in the room gasp at the sight. "What the..." Bastia says as she squints through the bright, brief flash of light, before turning to the mother and daughter. "You need to get upstairs! Find a room and lock yourselves in! Now go!" She brings her knife up, standing her ground.

The creature appears to have been weakened by Aurelia's light, but it still stands with its torso glowing a sickly pink color. Its skin and underlying flesh crackle and flake off in strange patterns.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Elene: Delays turn til player choice.

Liviana: Attacks, moves.

Bastia: Total Defense
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
?? || Athena, J6
21 || Zombie Peasant 1, H3, (-10,??) || Bloodied, Vulnerable Radiant 3
?? || Elene, Q5, (25/25)
19 || Bastia, N14
18 || Redros, H8,
18 || Weasel, F5 || Prone
16 || Matilda, S10
15 || Bessia, O15
12 || Guthrik, L8
12 || Smock, I4 || Bitten, Prone
11 || Drozga, P3
9 || Marcus, G6, (29/29)
9 || Isdren, J12
9 || Jozanta, M15
5 || Cassia, I7, (31,31)
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Redros breathes air out through his teeth in disgust at how pathetic these two men are, not a moment into the fight and they are both on the ground at a disadvantage. He brings his middle finger and thumb together, snapping his fingers swiftly, the sound echoing out into the dark of night. From the darkness, phantoms of black shadow flicker to life and invade the room, slamming into the beasts assaulting the inn, small bite marks appearing on their skin as the phantoms assault the creatures. Though small, they obviously carry weight with them as each hit makes the creatures shake from the impact and even stumble slightly.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Swarming Bats, centered in F2.
Effect: All enemies within an area burst 2 range of the centered square. The area is affected with Difficult Terrain until the EoNT. Can be sustained with a minor, and moved 4 squares with a move action.
Zombie Peasant 1 vs Reflex: 6(1d20) +4 = 10
Zombie Peasant 2: 11(1d20) +4 = 15
Zombie Brawler: 10(1d20) +4 = 14
Damage: 4(1d4) +4 = 8
SLide each target 1 square if hit. Slide Zombie Peasant 1 to H4. Slide Zombie Peasant 2 to D3. Slide Brawler to E2.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Redros

Male Human Seeker Level 1
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 160 lbs

Initiative: 7
Passive Perception: 19
Passive Insight: 19

AC: 13
Ref: 15
Will: 16
HP:24/24
Bloodied: 12
Surges: 8/8
AP: 1

Resistances:

Vulnerabilities:
NONE

Saving throws:
I WISH

Active Effects:
Golden

Powers:
Biting Swarm
Tidal Spirit Shot
Grappling Spirits
Inevitable Shot
Encaging Spirits
Possessing Spirits
Swarming Bats[X]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind

Conditions: None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Speed Loader: Reload a crossbow with a minor action to a free action.
Crossbow Expertise: +1 to crossbow attack rolls. Ignore partial and superior cover. Total cover still blocks.
Improved Initiative: +4 to Inititative
Bloodbond: Grants Encaging Spirits Power and allows Shifting as a minor action.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1, Turn 1

Go: Marcus

From outside the doors, a swarm of jet-black bats hear Redros' call and they surge into the lobby, their tiny little mouths nibbling and thrashing at the disgusting creatures before them. Stumbling to and fro, one of the walkers is able to avoid most of their fray, but the other two moan frustratedly as the flying assault impedes their beeline toward the survivors.

Taking advantage of the distraction, Weasel stands up with a quick nod to Marcus and lumbers over to Smock, who is able to stand himself back up and back off a bit. Weasel brandishes his blade before him, trembling in fear but willing to defend his injured companion.

Matilda hears Bastia's warning and makes a jog for the stairs, but Bessia is already halfway up them. "Wait for me!" the mother calls, as she looks back and forth between her two children. Guthrik, carrying his thick walking staff, grunts as he notices one of the creatures cornering the barricade. He steps up next to Marcus, ready to defend the lobby of the Gilded Mare. Behind the bar, Drozga braces himself against the wall. "Don't get your damn blood all over my tavern," he calls out to the bitten man.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Redros: Misses ZP1, Hits ZP2 and ZB, creates burst zone of difficult terrain.

Weasel: Stands up, walks to Smock.

Bessia + Matilda: Move toward stairs.

Zombie Peasant 2: Moves past barricade.

Guthrik: Moves up to barricade.

Smock: Stands, backs off.

Drozga: Total Defense
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
?? || Athena, J6
21 || Zombie Peasant 1, H3, (-10,??) || Bloodied, Vulnerable Radiant 3
20 || Liviana, K4, (22/22)
?? || Elene, Q5, (25/25)
19 || Bastia, N14
18 || Redros, H8,
18 || Weasel, I5 || Prone
16 || Matilda, Q16
15 || Bessia, V16
15 || Zombie Peasant 2, G4, (-8,??)
12 || Guthrik, F6
12 || Smock, J5 || Bitten
11 || Drozga, P3
9 || Marcus, G6, (29/29)
9 || Shambling Brawler 1, E3, (-8,??)
9 || Isdren, J12
9 || Jozanta, M15
5 || Cassia, I7, (31,31)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Marcus adopts one of the combat stances he learned in his military training. He skillful weaves into the fray to land a powerful blow versus one of the shambling creatures before just as skillfully taking a step back. Best to keep some space between me and these things, I've seen what their bites do to people. If only I had my old uniform.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Minor Action: Focused Discipline
Effect: Enter the Focused Discipline stance, each turn I pick one of three benefits. This turn - Tactics - I can shift after hitting with a MBA.

Move Action: Shift to (H, 5)

Standard Action: Valiant Strike as an MBA on Zombie Peasant 2
Attack: 28 vs AC = hit
Hit: 10 thunder damage. I shift to (H, 6).
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Marcus Aemilianus

Male Human Blackguard 1

Resistances:
None

Vulnerabilities:
None

Saves:
None

Active Effects:
Tactics - I can shift 1 square after landing a MBA.

Powers:

Focused Discipline
Valiant Strike
Vengeance Strike
Dominator's Strike

Second Wind [_]
Dread Smite [_]
Shroud of Shadow [_]

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Dark Menace: Whenever I make a weapon attack against an enemy granting me CA, the enemy takes extra damage equal to my charisma modifier (+3)

Spirit of Vice (Domination): Once per round when I have THP, I can take a free action to do damage to myself right before making an attack roll against a target. The damage is equal to my charisma modifier (+3), and I can then gain an attack bonus to that attack equal to the same amount.

Power of Skill: +1 to untrained skill checks, and I can use Valiant Strike as an MBA.

Power of the Storm: +2 to intimidate checks. When I use Valiant Strike, I can choose to change its damage type to thunder (the power gains the thunder keyword and loses the keyword of its former damage types). If I do this, I gain a +2 bonus to the damage roll.

Devout Protector Expertise: I gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls made with a one-handed melee weapon, and a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls made with a holy symbol. While I use a shield, my allies gain a +1 shield bonus to AC.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

With the creatures now closer, Athea moves in. Face to face with one of the smaller assailants, she jabs at it, plunging her knife deep into the creature's neck. She pulls back quickly before readying herself in anticipation of retaliation.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move Action: Walk to (G,5)

Standard Action: Riposte Strike on Zombie Peasant 2
Attack 23 vs. AC
Damage 7

13(1d20) +10 = 23; 2(1d4) +5 = 7

If Zombie Peasant 2 attacks Athena before the start of her next turn, she makes a Strength vs. AC attack as an immediate interupt.
Comabt Block
[SHOW]
Athena

HP: 23/23

Powers:

Piercing Strike
Riposte Strike

Second Wind [_]
Low Blow [_]
Dazing Strike [_]
Thri-Kreen Claws [_]

Press the Advantage [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Multiple Arms: Once per turn, you can draw or sheathe a weapon (or retrieve or stow an item stored on your person) as a free action instead of a minor action.

Torpor: Rather than sleep, you enter a torpid state. In this state, you remain aware of your surroundings, and you require only 4 hours of torpor to gain the benefit of an extended rest.

Light Blade Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a light blade. In addition you gain a +1 bonus to the damage rolls of weapon attacks that you make with a light blade against a creature granting combat advantage to you.

First Strike: At the start of an encounter, you have combat advantage against any creatures that have not yet acted in that encounter.

Sneak Attack: When hitting an enemy granting combat advantage to you, that enemy takes extra damage of 2d6+3.

Son of Alagondar: While flanking an enemy, your allies gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls against that enemy.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

peeking from behind the bar, Elene sees Athena and Marcus begin to engage the invading creatures. Gathering her courage, she slips down the bar towards the fight, careful to stay as quiet as possible. As she gets closer to Athena, Elene quietly twiddles her shortened dagger, still upset that it broke. What use is this thing now? she thinks to herself, fingering the snapped blade still loosely tied to her arm.

Struck with sudden inspiration, she pulls the shard of steel free, and pops up into view. She quickly sets her sights on the nearest shambling corpse, and sends the metal barb flying. Arcing beautifully, the shard sinks deep into the creature's face, immediately causing it to collapse to the ground.
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Move Action: Elene to [L,6]
Stealth check to remain hidden: 19

Standard Action: RBA on Zombie Peasant 1, using the shard of blade from my dagger.
Attack: 25 vs AC
Damage: SNEAK ATTACK! 8 + 7 = 15 damage
I forgot to add the static damage bonus to the roll, so I did it on this end.

Minor Action: Heh. What is this thing for?
COMBAT BLOCK
[SHOW]
Elene Fisher

Female Human Thief 1

Powers:

Sneak's Trick
Tactical Trick

[_] Second Wind
[_] Heroic Effort
[_] Hidden Strike
[_] Backstab
Important Features:
[SHOW]

+------------------+
+------------------+

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1, Turn 2

Go: Liviana

Marcus deftly slides in to deliver a powerful blow before stepping back to safety, while Athena plunges her knife into the creature's neck and crumples to the floor of the Gilded Mare. Elene pads her way up the side of the bar-top, sending the remains of her broken blade right into the skull of the next immediate threat. With a dry, terrible exhale of breath, it falls dead and the two bandits sigh in relief.

The survivors have no time to celebrate the slaying of the first two awful creatures as the bulkier third one picks up speed toward Athena. It lashes out with powerful, fetid claws that rake her in the shoulder, tearing through the material in her dress with ease. The immediate injury stings awfully, but the woman can tell that there is more to the wound than that -- the gash looks gangrenous and vile.

Jozanta screams again, but her son quickly comforts her while ushering her upstairs for safety. Her lips set in a snarl after witnessing Athena's injury, the Watchman dodges forward. Cassia jams her long blade into where the large walker's heart should be, ramming the full length in before tearing it free and slipping back into the defensive line. Crying out either in pain or in frustration, the awful, bulky walker flails its arms at the woman but she is too fast. It stupidly surges forward to retaliate, quickly becoming almost surrounded by the survivors.

"No... There's more of them!" the tavern-owner calls out from his watchpost behind the bar. Three more of the decaying and fetid creatures step into the tavern with claws forward, and the feral bats swoop down once again from the rafters to harry their movements.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Marcus: Shifts, hits, shifts.

Athena: Shift, kills ZP2.

Elene: Moves, kills ZP1.

Shambling Brawler 1: Charges Athena, dealing 10 untyped damage. Athena takes ongoing 5 necrotic damage, save ends.

Isdren + Jozanta: Move to stairs.

Cassia: Moves, hits for 5 damage and gains CA, slides SB1.

More zombies appear at the end of Turn 1.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
19 || Bastia, N14
18 || Redros, H8, (24/24)
18 || Zombie Peasant 4, E2, (-0,??)
16 || Matilda, Q16
15 || Bessia, V16
14 || Zombie Peasant 3, D3, (-0,??)
12 || Guthrik, F6
11 || Drozga, P3
9 || Marcus, G6, (29/29)
* || Athena, G5, (13/23) || Ongoing necrotic 5, save ends.
* || Elene, L6, (25/25)
9 || Shambling Brawler 1, H5, (-13,??)
9 || Isdren, P16
9 || Jozanta, S16
7 || Shambling Brawler 2, E3, (-13,??)
5 || Cassia, G6, (31,31)
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Liviana stands in shock as the creatures attack the others in the tavern. She breathes a minor sigh of relief as two of the monsters fall, but it's short lived as more of them appear from the doorway. But Aurelia's grace persists at harasses the brutish zombie, although not affecting the creature nearly as much as the previous. The princess, noticing Athena's grotesque wound, quickly spouts a prayer, hoping that the Radiance Goddess shines a healing light upon the woman.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Sacred Flame on SB1
Attack: 19(1d20) +6 = 25 vs Reflex = Hit
Damage: 2(1d6) +5 = 7 Radiant damage
Athena gains +1 to saving throw or 1 temporary HP, though I think the saving throw help could be more beneficial

Immediate reaction: Shield of Devotion on Athena
Athena gains +4 HP
Until EONT, I get a +2 power bonus to attacks on SB1
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Liviana Arvina

Powers:

Sacred Flame
Lance of Faith

Second Wind [_]
Healing Word [_] [_]
Longtooth Shifting [_]
Prophetic Guidance [_]
Shield of Devotion [X]

Favor of the Gods [_] *
Turn Undead [_] *

Moment of Glory [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1, Turn 2

The prayers of the princess cause Aurelia's light to pierce through the dim lobby, crackling at the superficial layers of what is left of skin on the bulky creature surrounded by the survivors. It swiftly shines on Athena for a brief moment, and she feels renewed by the divine powers of the Goddess of Radiance. Bastia takes the opportunity to move up the staircase with the others.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Liviana: Casts, hits, heals Athena.

Bastia: Moves
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
20 || Liviana, K4, (22/22) || +2 Power Bonus to attacks against SB1.
19 || Bastia, T17
18 || Redros, H8, (24/24)
18 || Zombie Peasant 4, E2, (-0,??)
16 || Matilda, Q16
15 || Bessia, V16
14 || Zombie Peasant 3, D3, (-0,??)
12 || Guthrik, F6
11 || Drozga, P3
9 || Marcus, G6, (29/29)
* || Athena, G5, (17/23) || Ongoing necrotic 5, save ends, +1 to save.
* || Elene, L6, (25/25)
9 || Shambling Brawler 1, H5, (-20,??)
9 || Isdren, P16
9 || Jozanta, S16
5 || Cassia, G6, (31,31)
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Redros steps forward to join the fray, bringing his fists up in a fighting stance he calls upon the spirit he encountered in the woods, asking for it's help as he throws a punch. However, as he throws his punch he misteps in the crowd of people around it, and the punch doesn't hit with the amount of force he needs to cause much damage.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move to I6
Tidal Spirit Shot on Brawler: 8(1d20) +4 = 12 against AC
Damage: 1(1d4) +4 = 5 If hit. Choose not to push.
Minor to sustain field of bats.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Redros

Resistances:

Vulnerabilities:
NONE

Saving throws:
I WISH

Active Effects:
Golden

Powers:
Biting Swarm
Tidal Spirit Shot
Grappling Spirits
Inevitable Shot
Encaging Spirits
Possessing Spirits
Swarming Bats[X]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind

Important Features
[SHOW]
Crossbow Expertise: +1 to crossbow attack rolls. Ignore partial and superior cover. Total cover still blocks.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1, Turn 2

Go: Marcus, Athena, Elene

Redros slides in to land a punch but is unable to amidst the chaos. The feral bats he called continue to harry the enemies, however. The fat henchman slashes at the creature with his long blade, managing to leave one of its arms hanging by a thin membrane of decaying flesh.

One of the incoming walkers makes a move on Athena, but she is able to dodge its flailing charge with quick movements. Another one lumbers forward, spurned on by the violence. Smock sees the incoming creatures and backpedals away from the melee, clutching at his leg and holding his knife in front of him with fear. The tavern-keeper steps closer to get a better look at the bandit's wound. Looking back with worry, Matilda and Bessia make their way up the last bit of steps to enter the second floor, hopefully safe.

The orc steps up and tries to find an opening to jab at the creatures with his long staff, but he backs off in fear of striking Athena on the rebound.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Redros: Moves, misses, sustains bats.

Weasel: Crits MBA for 9 damage, bloodying ZB1.

ZP4: Charges Athena, misses.

Matilda: Enters second floor

Bessia: Enters second floor

ZP3: Moves

Guthrik: Shifts, misses MBA.

Smock: Flees

Drozga: Shifts, Total Defense
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
20 || Liviana, K4, (22/22) || +2 Power Bonus to attacks against SB1.
19 || Bastia, T17
18 || Redros, I6, (24/24)
18 || Weasel, I5
18 || Zombie Peasant 4, G4, (-0,??)
16 || Matilda || Upstairs
15 || Bessia || Upstairs
14 || Zombie Peasant 3, G3, (-0,??)
12 || Guthrik, F6
12 || Smock, O6 || Bitten
11 || Drozga, Q4
9 || Marcus, G6, (29/29)
* || Athena, G5, (17/23) || Ongoing necrotic 5, save ends, +1 to save.
* || Elene, L6, (25/25)
9 || Shambling Brawler 1, H5, (-29,??) || Bloodied
9 || Isdren, P16
9 || Jozanta, S16
5 || Cassia, G6, (31,31)
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Seeing that the woman next to him is taking the brunt of the creatures' attacks, Marcus shifts to a more defensive stance. He swipes at the brutish one near him, landing yet another solid blow, before positioning himself in a way to attempt to block attacks directed her way.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Stance Choice - Defense: Whenever I hit with an MBA, an adjacent ally gets +1 to defenses until the start of my next turn.

Standard Action: Valiant Strike as MBA on Shambling Brawler 1
Attack: 28 vs AC = hit
Hit: 8 thunder damage. Athena gains +1 to defenses until the start of my next turn.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Marcus Aemilianus

Male Human Blackguard 1

Resistances:
None

Vulnerabilities:
None

Saves:
None

Active Effects:
Defense - Whenever I hit with an MBA, an adjacent ally gets +1 to defenses until the start of my next turn.

Powers:

Focused Discipline
Valiant Strike
Vengeance Strike
Dominator's Strike

Second Wind [_]
Dread Smite [_]
Shroud of Shadow [_]

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Athena winces in pain from her wound, but now with the creatures right up amongst the group she sees an opening in the large creature's defences. She attempts to plunge her knife deep into its neck, before stepping out of the fray, not too keen on being hit again, her wound only just now feeling better.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Takes 5 necrotic damage

Standard Action: Riposte Strike on Shambling Brawler 1
Attack 14 vs. AC
Damage 18

2(1d20) +12 = 14; 3(1d4) +6 +6(2d6) +3 = 18

Move Action: Shift to (G,6)

Necrotic save: 13(1d20) +1 = 14
Necrotic 5 ends
Comabt Block
[SHOW]
Athena

HP: 12/23

Powers:

Piercing Strike
Riposte Strike

Second Wind [_]
Low Blow [_]
Dazing Strike [_]
Thri-Kreen Claws [_]

Press the Advantage [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Watching as Smock begins running from the battle, Elene narrows her eyes. Sliding over next to him, she whispers fiercely at him. "Coward. Are you leavin' your friend there to get killed? If you aren't gonna be makin' yourself useful over there, then give me the knife. You can go hide in the corner, there." she says, gesturing first to Weasel, and then in the direction of the still smouldering hearth.
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Move Action: Elene moves to [O, 8]

Intimidate check, just in case it's needed (Please don't be needed q_q): 5
COMBAT BLOCK
[SHOW]
Elene Fisher

Female Human Thief 1

Powers:

Sneak's Trick
Tactical Trick

[_] Second Wind
[_] Heroic Effort
[_] Hidden Strike
[_] Backstab
Important Features:
[SHOW]

+------------------+
+------------------+

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1, Turn 3

Go: Liviana

Marcus makes an expert maneuver on the walker, while Athena is unable to get past the flail of viscera to jam her blade in the thing's neck. Narrowing his eyes at the young girl taunting him, Smock raises his voice: "Shut up, you little shit! Go an' poke 'em yourself!" he shouts, nursing his injured leg.

Cassia turns her head at the outburst, and the large walker manages to latch on to her with its remaining arm. She cries in pain as it sinks its teeth into her forearm, but her reaction is quick. The watchman jams her heavy dagger into the temple of the creature, spraying blood on the other end as the blade protrudes from the back of its skull. Shoving the slumping body off her, she moans in pain as the wound festers.

At the same time, the other hulking beast surges forward while swatting the feral bats aside, slamming into Weasel. He fends off its bite with luck or speed and shoves it back a bit, but his nose looks broken from the impact and blood streams down his face.

Isdren and his mother make their last steps up into the second floor, hopefully safe from the horrors in the lobby. "C'mon, lady!" he calls to Bastia, who is trailing behind to watch.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Marcus: Hits

Athena: Misses, shifts

Elene: Moves, fails check

SB1: Bites Cassia, 10 damage and 5 ongoing necrotic, save ends.

Isdren/Jozanta: Move to second level

SB2: Charges Weasel, dealing 9 damage.

Cassia: Hits, kills SB1.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
19 || Bastia, T17
18 || Weasel, I5
18 || Zombie Peasant 4, G4, (-0,??)
15 || Bessia || Upstairs
12 || Guthrik, F6
11 || Drozga, Q4
9 || Marcus, G6, (29/29)
* || Athena, F6, (12/23)
* || Elene, L6, (25/25)
9 || Isdren || Upstars
9 || Jozanta || Upstairs
7 || Shambling Brawler 2, H4, (-13,??)
5 || Cassia, G6, (21,31) || Bitten, Ongoing necrotic 5, save ends.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

As the fight continues, it seems clear that the Radiance Goddess understands what is occurring within the tavern, as little prayer from Liviana's part is required for rays of light to burn the flesh of the creatures. Hearing the yelling between the street urchin and the thug, the princess rolls her eyes. Now is this really the time for this?
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Lance of Faith on ZP4
Attack: 6(1d20) +6 = 12 vs Will = Hit?
Damage: 2(1d8) +5 = 7
ZP4 gains vulnerable 3 radiant until EONT
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Liviana Arvina

Powers:

Sacred Flame
Lance of Faith

Second Wind [_]
Healing Word [_] [_]
Longtooth Shifting [_]
Prophetic Guidance [_]
Shield of Devotion [X]

Favor of the Gods [_] *
Turn Undead [_] *

Moment of Glory [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1, Turn 3

The radiant light once more flashes and one of the grisly creatures' skin cracks open with a sickening hiss. It screeches loudly, reeling from the wound, while Bastia makes her way up the stairs to the second floor.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Liviana: Hits

Bastia: Leaves floor 1.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
19 || Bastia || Upstairs
18 || Weasel, I5
18 || Zombie Peasant 4, G4, (-9,??) || Vulnerable 3 radiant
15 || Bessia || Upstairs
12 || Guthrik, F6
11 || Drozga, Q4
9 || Marcus, G6, (29/29)
* || Athena, F6, (12/23)
* || Elene, L6, (25/25)
9 || Isdren || Upstars
9 || Jozanta || Upstairs
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Redros attempts to focus out the bickering of the young girl and the thug, drawing on the air itself. It would be easier if he could channel it into a bolt to shoot, but he has to make do with a more dispersed attack for now, throwing his fist out as a wave of air whips over the field, and although it doesn't do much to the tougher Brawler, he does manage to at least knock the zombie in the rear about a bit with the attack.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move to I4
Tidal Spirit Shot on Brawler 2, creating an Area Burst 1, which is 3x3 in terms of squares. Any targets hit are slid one square.

Brawler 2 vs AC: 4(1d20) +4 = 8
Zombie Peasant 3: http://dice.brainclouds.net/Result.aspx?ID=NNKEYHNG
Zombie Peasant 4: 3(1d20) +4 = 7

Damage: 4(1d4) = 4
Slide Zombie Peasant 3 to F2.
Sustain Swarm with minor.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Redros

Resistances:

Vulnerabilities:
NONE

Saving throws:
I WISH

Active Effects:
Golden

Powers:
Biting Swarm
Tidal Spirit Shot
Grappling Spirits
Inevitable Shot
Encaging Spirits
Possessing Spirits
Swarming Bats[X]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind

Important Features
[SHOW]
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1, Turn 3

Go: Marcus, Athena, Elene

Redros throws a heavy-handed punch at the large walker in front of him, which does little to impede it but calls the bats to swarm down and nip at one of the thin, ghastly creatures behind it. It wails and swats at them, taking uneven steps back, before goring one of them and rushing forward to the woodsman. His quick movements are enough to dodge to the side, avoiding its bite.

Weasel, with his nose dripping his crimson blood, swings his heavy blade at the large walker but its flailing arms knock the blade astray, the creature emboldened at the sight of his flowing nose.

One of the walkers tries to grab Guthrik, its teeth gnashing, but his heavy staff makes a crunch noise as he thrusts it into his enemy's torso, holding it back from an advance.

From the backlines, Smock steps over to the hearth in pain, trying to inspect his grisly wound, while the tavern-keeper keeps a stern eye on the bandit.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Redros: Hits ZP3, slides, misses others.

Weasel: Misses, shifts.

ZP4: Misses Guthrik.

ZP3: Charges Redros, misses.

Guthrik: Hits ZP4 for 6 damage.

Smock: Moves closer to the hearth, attempts first aid

Drozga: Total Defense
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
19 || Bastia || Upstairs
18 || Redros, I4, (24/24)
18 || Weasel, J6 || Injured
18 || Zombie Peasant 4, G4, (-15,??) || Vulnerable 3 radiant
15 || Bessia || Upstairs
14 || Zombie Peasant 3, H3, (-4,??)
12 || Guthrik, F6
12 || Smock, U3 || Bitten
11 || Drozga, Q4
9 || Marcus, G6, (29/29)
* || Athena, F6, (12/23)
* || Elene, L6, (25/25)
9 || Isdren || Upstars
9 || Jozanta || Upstairs
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Seeing an opportunity after the princess' prayer Marcus once more skillfully weaves in and out of the fray, landing another strong blow in the process against the weakened creature.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Stance - Tactics: When I hit with a MBA I can shift 1 square as a free action.

Move Action: Shift to (H, 5)

Standard Action: Valiant Strike as a MBA on Zombie Peasant 4
Attack: 21 vs AC = hit
Hit: 7 thunder damage. I shift to (H, 6).
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Marcus Aemilianus

Male Human Blackguard 1

Resistances:
None

Vulnerabilities:
None

Saves:
None

Active Effects:
Tactics - When I hit with a MBA, I can shift 1 square as a free action.

Powers:

Focused Discipline
Valiant Strike
Vengeance Strike
Dominator's Strike

Second Wind [_]
Dread Smite [_]
Shroud of Shadow [_]

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Seeing Marcus step in for another attack, Athena does the same. This time she sees an opportunity to strike at two of the creatures, lashing out at both of them in quick succession. However this leaves her close and vulnerable to the creatures' attacks.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move Action: Walk to (G,5)

Standard Action: Thri-Kreen Claws on Zombie Peasant 4 and Shambling Brawler 2.

Zombie Peasant 4
Attack: 28 vs AC
Damage: 12

Shambling Brawler 2
Attack: 24 vs AC
Damage: 13

20(1d20) +8 = 28; 7(1d8) +5 = 12; 16(1d20) +8 = 24; 8(1d8) +5 = 13
Comabt Block
[SHOW]
Athena

HP: 12/23

Powers:

Piercing Strike
Riposte Strike

Second Wind [_]
Low Blow [_]
Dazing Strike [_]
Thri-Kreen Claws [x]

Press the Advantage [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Scum! He'll be gettin' it first, then. Elene broods, glaring at the man as he limps over to the fire. Leaving his friend like that. What a waste of air.

Steeling herself, she moves quickly back to towards the fight, watching as the corpses engaged with the other survivors. Spotting an opening as the more massive corpse stumbles in response to Athena slashing at it, Elene dashes forward, her shortened dagger flashing around in deadly arcs.
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Move Action: Tactical Trick
Elene to [J, 8]
I don't provoke OA's when leaving squares adjacent to my allies this turn.
Until EoNT, I have CA against enemies with at least one of my allies adjacent to them.

Standard Action: Charge to [I, 5]. MBA against Shambling Brawler 2, using my broken dagger.
Attack:
Free Action: Backstab! I get a +3 power bonus to the attack roll, plus an extra 1d6 damage if it hits.
+1 to attack from Charge.
20+4 = 24 vs AC... Hit!

Damage: SNEAK ATTACK! 25 damage
COMBAT BLOCK
[SHOW]
Elene Fisher

Female Human Thief 1

Powers:

Sneak's Trick
Tactical Trick

[_] Second Wind
[_] Heroic Effort
[_] Hidden Strike
[X] Backstab
Important Features:
[SHOW]

+------------------+
+------------------+

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1, Turn 4

Go: Liviana, Redros

With a third skillfully measured strike, Marcus wounds the walker in front of him, dipping back before it has a chance to make a vicious lunge. Athena steps around at the same time, jamming her blade through the torso of the same walker before pulling it free and slashing through the side of the larger creature. The former crumples to the floor lifelessly.

With a bellow, its sickly blood sprays the floor and the young Elene is already running fast, her feet padding softly on the hard wooden floors of the Gilded Mare. In a flash of movement, she is there, gouging the remnants of her broken dagger haft through the frontal lobe of the heavy walker. It slips free and the creature slams to the wooden paneling, its eyes no longer green but a dull and unliving black.

With the final of the invaders screeching and drawing closer, its intent unshaken by the slaying of its comrades, the Watchman grits her teeth through the pain in her forearm and steps forward. Cassia barely dodges as the awful thing tries to grasp her, but she has learned. Her prodding but not finalizing stab at the creature only urges it closer, almost surrounded by the group now.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Marcus: Shifts, hits, shifts.

Athena: Stabs, kills ZP4, hits SB2.

Elene: Moves, charges, murders SB2.

Cassia: Takes 5 necrotic, moves, misses, AP->hits 6 dmg, bloodying and pulling ZP3, saves on end.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
20 || Liviana (22/22)
19 || Bastia || Upstairs
18 || Redros (24/24)
18 || Weasel || Injured
15 || Bessia || Upstairs
14 || Zombie Peasant 3 (-10,??) || Bloodied
12 || Guthrik
12 || Smock || Bitten
11 || Drozga
9 || Marcus (29/29)
* || Athena (12/23)
* || Elene (25/25)
9 || Isdren || Upstars
9 || Jozanta || Upstairs
5 || Cassia (16/31) || Bitten
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

As most of the night creatures before her fall to their deaths (again), Liviana turns her attention to the last one remaining monster. Spouting pleas to the Radiance Goddess and fiddling with her ring, the princess hopes for a grand final display of light to end the miserable zombie's life forever. Unfortunately, she is disappointed, and the dimmer-than-anticipated light flickers away. She attempts to conjure up the goddess' light once more, but fails to do so.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Shift to J4

Minor: Healing Word on Athena
2(1d6) +5 = 7

Standard: Turn Undead on ZP3
Attack: 1(1d20) +6 = 7 vs Will = Miss I assume
Damage: 5(1d10) +5 = 10 -> Half Damage -> 5

AP: Lance of Faith on ZP3
Attack: 3(1d20) +6 = 9 vs Will = Miss I assume. Great advice using an action point, grom.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Liviana Arvina

Powers:

Sacred Flame
Lance of Faith

Second Wind [_]
Healing Word [X] [_]
Longtooth Shifting [_]
Prophetic Guidance [_]
Shield of Devotion [X]

Favor of the Gods [_] *
Turn Undead [X] *

Moment of Glory [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Redros takes a step to the left as the beast moves in to bite at his friends, clearly not caring for self-preservation. He calls down the bats once more on the creature, but they don't have the same impact as before, growing tired of the rest of the fighting.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Shift to I3
Tidal Spirit Shot on the last zombie, CA and all, vs AC: 4(1d20) +6 = 10
Minor to sustain bat swarm.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Redros

Resistances:

Vulnerabilities:
NONE

Saving throws:
I WISH

Active Effects:
Golden

Powers:
Biting Swarm
Tidal Spirit Shot
Grappling Spirits
Inevitable Shot
Encaging Spirits
Possessing Spirits
Swarming Bats[X]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind

Important Features
[SHOW]
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Encounter 1, Turn 4

Encounter End! Short Rest

The divine light emitted from Liviana's ring returns, glancing off the remaining creature with a sizzling noise. Try as he might, the hunter cannot get close enough to it without being grasped, so he backs off.

In an unexpected stroke of bravado, Weasel cries out, leaping forward and jamming his thick blade into the neck of the walker. The already-pale green light from its eyes dies completely and the body falls lifelessly to the ground, much like the others had.

"That all of them?" the tavern-owner asks, peeking from over the bar-top.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Liviana: Heals Athena, misses, misses.

Redros: Shifts, misses.

Weasel: Charges, killing remaining walker.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]

Status
[SHOW]
20 || Liviana (22/22)
19 || Bastia || Upstairs
18 || Redros (24/24)
18 || Weasel || Injured
15 || Bessia || Upstairs
12 || Guthrik
12 || Smock || Bitten
11 || Drozga
9 || Marcus (29/29)
* || Athena (19/23)
* || Elene (25/25)
9 || Isdren || Upstars
9 || Jozanta || Upstairs
5 || Cassia (16/31) || Bitten
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As the last of the creatures falls, Marcus stays on guard and takes a quick look around. The corpses smell, but that can be dealt with later. At the tavern keeper's words he listens intently, attempting to listen for any more coming from outside.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Perception to listen for more zombies lurking in the dark: 10
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Marcus
[SHOW]
You don't hear anything other than the light patter of rain on the cobblestones outside. The ones on the ground are silent and do not move.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"That does appear to be all of them," he says, not hearing anything else outside. "Let's hope more don't follow later. Though without more loud banging we shouldn't have to worry about that." He shoots a stern look towards Smock and Weasel.

"Now before you get all nice and cozy again, we should toss these bodies outside and re-barricade the door. They stench is not something I'd like to keep inside." He sheathes his dagger and grabs one of the corpses, starting to drag it outside into the rain.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Weasel's brow furrows at Marcus' look, but he looks away, grabbing a tablecloth to address his broken nose. "You uncultured swine, don't use my damned tableware as a bloody rag," Drozga calls, quickly returned to his grumpy tone.

"Oh sod off, y'old coot," Smock calls out from the hearth in the corner, picking at his leg and wincing in pain. "Yer lucky yer not mauled by those things, what with us protectin' ye and all. I'd thank us if I were ye."

"Stop it, both of you," Cassia calls, annoyed at the fussing. She sits down in a bar chair, nursing her arm and looking quite pale. "Hold on, Marcus -- I'm feeling pretty woozy. I'm going to rest for a moment." she says, looking at the disgusting wound on her shield-arm. The orc steps over to her, setting his quarterstaff against the table and holding her arm to inspect. "This doesn't look good, miss. We'll have to clean and dress it to avoid any... hm. This is strange, though. It looks like it's already infected." he notes.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Redros walks over to Cassia, bending down next to her and examining her wound.
"If it is already infected, that is not a good sign... We should examine Smock as well, as he has been bitten too. Perhaps they carry a poison to slow their victims?"
A thought crosses his mind, and he looks to the basement.
"... Tell me, barkeep... has anyone gone down to the basement recently to check on the man there? I would like to know what condition he is in."

Whilst waiting for the barkeeps response he takes what time he can trying to figure out what is wrong with her, but shakes his head.
"I am sorry, but I don't recognize these symptoms... Does anyone else have medical training? We must treat our injured and take care of the bodies before anything else comes through the door. Let us move the bodies further down the street, so their smell won't lead more beasts to our front door."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Heal Check to Diagnose Cassia: 8(1d20) +4 = 12
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Not while you were out. He may have been resting 'cos we didn't hear from him. 'Course the last bastard down there was the drunkard, who locked us out."

"It's alright, mister." Cassia says. "I should've been more careful around those damned creatures." Guthrik shakes his head at Redros. "I haven't seen anything like this."

Weasel steps up to inspect the bodies, watching Marcus lug one outside, and follows him with another of the smaller. "I'll help you with the big bastards, I guess," he says. "These... things reek sommat awful, hm?"
Redros
[SHOW]
Her wound has the clear indentations from a bite-wound, but the skin around it is a greenish shade and the blood looks unnaturally dark, like a blackish-red. You notice it has a strange smell to it.