Truth in the Fog IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Truth in the Fog IC

Post by Namelessjake »

"It may not hold up in court, but it could still give us a lead that will give us something more concrete," Leon says to Mele.

"Anything interesting Felix?" Leon asks.
nemtsol
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Post by nemtsol »

"You're asking me? Felix asked baffled. I mean, I could look at the timebook thing to see how long the time was between the suspect leaving and the victim entering."
Perception
[SHOW]
Perception 11(1d20) +5 = 16 (at the timebook thing.)
"What did we do and can we do that again?"
- Anyone who discovers anything ever.
kalis5
Hm...
Registered for: 10 years 1 month

Post by kalis5 »

Mele's face goes pale slightly at the mention of the victim's name, and he looks down, lacing his fingers together.
"Ah ... Ya, aku tahu dia . Mengenalnya. Istrinya tutor banyak penduduk asli dalam bahasa Imardanian . Suaminya adalah cukup baik . Tidak mengganggu kita selama pelajaran . Baik dan ramah ... Siapa yang ingin membunuhnya ?"
He looks at Violette, concern in his eyes.
"Apakah ada yang bilang ? Apakah dia sudah diperingatkan , siapa pun yang membunuh suaminya bisa mengejarnya juga!"

Kawani Translation
[SHOW]
"Ah... Yes, I know him. Knew him. His wife tutors many natives in the Imardanian language. Her husband was nice enough. Did not bother us during lessons. Was kind and cordial... Who would want to kill him?"

"Has anyone told her? Has she been warned, whoever killed her husband could be after her as well!"
Perception Check
[SHOW]
It looks like Mele left about an hour before Glyn came into the church to work. Plenty of time to set something up, and perhaps to make an alibi as well. Though, there isn't anyone else in Glyn's shift, so no one else to claim the murderer seat. To make matters worse, no one else signed in after Glyn at all. It looks like he was the last worker on the site.
nemtsol

Post by nemtsol »

"Nå, lort. Der går at bly." Felix said to himself. "It looks like the suspect left about an hour before the victim came into the church to work. Plenty of time to set something up, and perhaps to make an alibi as well. Though, there isn't anyone else in the victim's shift, so no one else is likely to be the murderer. To make matters worse, no one else signed in after the victim at all. It looks like he was the last worker on the site. Still doesn't explain why the body was strung up. Felix puts a hand on his chin and continues, "See, if I was writing this story, the strung up body would either not be there unless and until the murderer could come up with a damn good cover story (and hoping that someone might come by to be another suspect is not damn good cover story) or was set up that way in order to frame someone."
Dwarven
[SHOW]
Well, shit. There goes that lead.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Te haapii nei te wahine te arero Imardanian ki te Maori i konei. Ka mea ia au ra te tane ahuareka, me e ti'a ia tatou ia whakarite tona haumaru i roto i te take te mau whakapaetia ko muri i a ia i muri. Ruarua tino ahau Lusun ko to tatou tangata, Lau," Ruihi explains to his associate in the man's native language.

The Okani turns back to Lusun. "Dia di tangan yang aman," he says, careful to not give too much.
Okani
[SHOW]
"The wife teaches the Imardanian tongue to the natives here. He said the husband seemed pleasant, and that we should ensure her safety in case the real suspect is after her next. I really doubt Lusun is our man, Lau,"
Kawani
[SHOW]
"She's in safe hands,"
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Na noa te āwangawanga o te kaiako mo tona ākonga," Lau replies, at a loss for what to do next. That is, until he thinks on his colleague's last words. "Ko te bit whakamutunga i taea e tokanga mo'oni, te tangata i taea e mohio ki te tahi mea ranei. A ani ia he aha te whakaaro ia e tetahi i muri ia ia rawa," Lau responds, hoping that this line of questioning leads them somewhere with more information. Shouldn't Leon be the one questioning suspects? Where is that man?
Okani Translation
[SHOW]
"So merely the concern of a teacher for her student," "The last bit could be genuine concern, or the man could know something. Ask him why he thinks anyone would be after her too,"
nemtsol

Post by nemtsol »

"I should let everyone else know about this, see if we can get some more info out of the guy." Felix said as he headed back to the group.

When he reached the group, he said "Uh, I have some bad news for the suspect. His supposed Alibi fell through, as no one else came besides the victim." He said, showing the time book.
"Pobre home."
He added, shaking his head.
Common
[SHOW]
Poor man.
Last edited by nemtsol on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Thank you for looking," Ruihi says to Felix as he shares what he found. "I do not think he is suspect," he admits.

Turning back to Lusun, he asks another question. "Mengapa Anda percaya bahwa siapa pun yang membunuh orang ini mungkin selanjutnya pergi setelah istrinya?"

Kawani Translation
[SHOW]
"Why do you believe that whoever murdered this man might next go after his wife?"