The Quest For The Rose IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
PureZaros
The Enigma
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Re: The Quest For The Rose IC

Post by PureZaros »

Stretching his arms above his head, Mazera sighs and shakes off the remaining static tracing up his arms. "That went rather well, I'd think. Though I do wish that they would have been more amicable with Basil."
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Short Rest
Regain encounter powers.
COMBAT BLOCK
[SHOW]
Mazera

Male Dragonborn Elementalist 5
Languages: Common, Thaliem
Height: 5' 2"
Weight: 126 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 18
Passive Insight: 11
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 18
Fort: 17
Reflex: 13
Will: 20
HP: 50/50
Bloodied: 25
Surge Value: 12
Surges left: 10/10
Action Points: 1

Resistances:
10 lightning
Vulnerabilities:
None
Active Effects:
None

Powers:

Elemental Bolt
Static Charge
Summoned Armor

[_]Color Orb
[_]Dragon Breath
[_]Dragonflame Mantle
[_] [_] Elemental Escalation
[_]Second Wind
[_]Fey Strike Lancing Dagger

[X] Majestic Word
[_]Fey Strike Lancing Dagger
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Arcane Blood: You gain a +1/+2/+3 racial bonus to the damage rolls of your arcane attack powers.
Bozak Instinctive Flight: You gain a fly speed of 6 squares (altitude limit 1). You cannot use this fly speed if you are carrying over a normal load. You must land at the end of your turn.
Dragon Breath Lightning: Dragon Breath does lightning damage.
Elemental Bolt: This power can be used as a ranged basic attack.

Staff Expertise: You gain a +1/+2/+3 feat bonus to attack rolls of implement powers and weapon powers you use with a staff. In addition, when you make a ranged or area attack with a staff as an implement, you don't provoke OA's for doing so.
Superior Implement Training (Lancing Dagger): You can use the Lancing Dagger superior implement.
Draconian Wings: You ignore the speed penalty for heavy armor, and your Instinctive Flight's altitude limit is increased to 2.
Mark of Storm: Whenever you hit an enemy with a thunder or lightning power, you can slide that enemy one square. You gain a +1 bonus to speed while flying. You can master and perform the Endure Elements, Enhance Vessel, Summon Wind, and Walk on Water rituals as if you had the Ritual Caster feat.

Cloak of Distortion +1:You gain an item bonus to all defenses against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away equal to this item's enhancement bonus.
Summoned Cloth Armor +2: At-will power. Minor Action to banish the armor, and another Minor Action at any time to summon the armor as if you had donned it normally.
Bracers of the Perfect Shot (Heroic Tier): When you hit with a ranged basic attack, add +2 to the damage roll.
Fey Strike Lancing Dagger +1:
Encounter power, Standard Action
Effect: You make a MBA as a ranged 20 attack with this weapon.

Daily Power, Free Action
Trigger: You hit an enemy with an attack using this weapon.
Effect: Teleport the target 10 squares to a space adjacent to you.
Last edited by PureZaros on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With the fight over, Basil breathes a sigh of relief. Well, that's over with. Hopefully we won't have to kill any more creatures of the forest. "Well, your trainers aren't trying to kill you in the yard," the fairy ambassador says.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Regain all encounter powers
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Basil Broadleaf

Male Pixie Thief 5
Languages: Common, Fey, Elvish
Height: 9", 5'1" in larger size
Weight: 1.5 lbs., 95 lbs. in larger size

Speed: 4 (6 fly)
Initiative: +6
Passive Perception: 21
Passive Insight: 19
Senses: Low-light

AC: 19
Fort: 15
Reflex: 19
Will: 16
HP: 43/43
Bloodied: 21
Surge Value: 10
Surges left: 6/6

Resistances: None
Vulnerabilities: None
Saves: None

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Tactical Trick
Unbalancing Trick
Escape Artist's Trick

Second Wind [_]
Guidance of the Past [_]
Pixie Dust [_]
Shrink [_]
Backstab [_] [_]
Sneak in the Attack [_]
Cunning Escape [_]

Dynamic Rapier +2 [_]

Amulet of Seduction +1 [_]
Flaying Gloves (heroic tier) [_]

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:
[SHOW]
First Strike: At the start of an encounter, you have a combat advantage against any creatures that have not yet acted in that encounter.

Sneak Attack: When you make an attack with a light blade, a hand crossbow, a shortbow, or a sling and hit an enemy granting a combat advantage to you, that enemy takes extra damage based on your level. You can deal this extra damage only once per turn.

Weapon Finesse: When you make a melee basic attack, you can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack roll and the damage roll. In addition, you gain a +2 bonus to the damage rolls of weapon attacks using light blades, hand crossbows, shortbows, and slings.

Thief Weapon Talent: You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls with light blades, hand crossbows, shortbows, and slings.

Skill Mastery: During a skill challenge, whenever you roll a natural 20 on a skill check that would contribute one or more successes to the skill challenge, that check automatically succeeds and counts as one additional success.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Speak with Beasts: You can communicate with natural beasts and fey beasts.

Wee Warrior: You have a reach of 1, rather than the reach of 0 that is typical for a Tiny creature. You also take a -5 penalty to Strength checks to break or force open objects. When wielding a weapon of your size, you follow the same rules that Small creatures do.

Light Blade Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a light blade. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage rolls of the weapon attacks that you make with a light blade against a creature granting a combat advantage to you. Both of these bonuses increase to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Backstabber: The extra damage from your Sneak Attack class feature increases from d6s to d8s.

Teeny Target: While you are in an ally's space, you have partial cover against melee and ranged attacks.

Ghost of the Past Level 5 Feature: The first time you use your guidance of the past power to make a History check during an encounter, you do not expend the power.

Battle Awareness: Once per encounter, whenever an enemy that is adjacent to you shifts or makes an attack that does not include you as a target, you can make a melee basic attack against that enemy as an immediate interrupt.

Darkleaf Leather Armor: You gain a +2 bonus to AC against the first attack made against you in each encounter.

Amulet of Seduction: When you impose a charm effect that a save can end, the target takes a -2 penalty to the first saving throw against the effect.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Lorelai takes a small cloth from her belt and wipes the blood from her blade solemnly, looking over the many wolf corpses scattered around the road. At least we found them and not some helpless merchants, she thinks, trying to find a bright side to having to slay so many noble creatures. "No amount of combat practice can prepare you for ferocious beasts," Lorelai chimes in, to Evaline. "Though it would've been nice to not have to face them at all."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Short Rest: regain encounter powers and spend 1 healing surge to get back to full hp.

Note: I punish shifts, moves, and attacks that don't target me on anything adjacent to me, either via OA (for move) or Righteous Radiance (shifts and attacks not targeting me).
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Lorelai

Female Vryloka Cleric|Cavalier 5
Languages: Common, Fey
Height: 5' 3"
Weight: 120 lbs.

Speed: 8 (7 bloodied)
Initiative: +10
Passive Perception: 19
Passive Insight: 12
Senses: Low-light Vision

AC: 25
Fort: 18
Reflex: 15
Will: 17
HP: 48+6/48
Bloodied: 24
Surge Value: 14 (12 when bloodied)
Surges left: 8/10

MBA: +12 vs AC, 1d12+6 damage
RBA: +6 vs AC, 1d4+1 damage
Righteous Radiance: 6 radiant damage

Resistances:
7 necrotic

Vulnerabilities: None

Saves: None

Active Effects:
+2 to defenses against OAs
Targets I grant surges to get +2 to attacks until my EONT
I gain 6 THP when I slay a non-minion
I move first (free action) if not highest initiative
My crits deal max damage +1d12+1d8 damage

Powers:

Recovery Strike
Defender Aura
Righteous Radiance
Vengeful Strike
Divine Sanction
Imposter's Armor +2

Second Wind [_]
Lifeblood [_]
Healing Word [_]
Healing Strike [_]
Stone Fist Flurry of Blows [_]
Call of Challenge [_]
Holy Smite [_]
Sentinel Marshal Honor Blade +1 [_]
Mercurial Mind (heroic tier) [_]

Moment of Glory [_]
Radiant Delirium [_]

Consumables: None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Divine Sanction: Enemies subject to my divine sanction are marked and take 6 radiant damage the first time each round that they make an attack that doesn't include me as a target.

Defender Aura: While active, enemies within an aura 1 who are not marked take a -2 penalty to attack rolls that don't include me )or someone else with a defender aura active) as a target. Enemies subject to this aura provoke Righteous Radiance when making such an attack or shifting, as well as the standard opportunity attack for moving.

Battle Cleric's Lore: I have a +2 shield bonus to AC, and proficiency in scale armor. Whenever I use a cleric healing power to allow a target to spend a healing surge, that target gains +2 to attacks until the end of my next turn.

Virtue of Valor (Hybrid): +4 to initiative and my healing surge value increases by 2.

Blood Dependency: When bloodied my healing surge value drops by 2.

Living Dead: If an effect affects living creatures and undead creatures in different ways, I get to decide which one applies to me.

Necrotic Resistance: I have 5 + 1/2 my level necrotic resistance.

Vampiric Heritage: I can take Vryloka utility powers in place of other utility powers granted by my class.

Transcendent Order Level 1 Feature: +2 to initiative. When I roll initiative and do not get the highest result, I can use a free action to move up to my speed before everyone else's turns begin.

Transcendent Order Level 5 Feature: +2 to acrobatics and athletics

Monastic Disciple: I gain a monk flurry of blows power as an encounter power, and can use monk implements.

Heavy Blade Expertise: I gain a +2 to defenses against OAs.

Fluid Motion: +1 to speed, +2 at paragon tier.

Sentinel Marshal Honor Blade +1:
* My critical hits with this weapon deal max damage +1d12+1d8 damage, instead of just max damage.
* Gain +1 to initiative
* When I reduce a non-minion to 0 hp I gain 6 temporary hit points.

Healer's Brooch +1: When I use a power to allow a target to regain hit points they regain +1 additional hit points.

Mercurial Mind (heroic tier): +1 speed when not bloodied.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

With the last wolf dead, Bresda shakes off his battle sweat, feeling a slight breeze against his skin. "It's a shame they had to die. It is no fault of ours, however. They were foolish to try and take down humans," the man says, before turning to his leader. "Your Grace, you fought well. Your father would be very proud," he says with an honest smile.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Expend HS to fullheal.

Regain encounters.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Ser Bresda Hessock

Male Mul Warden 5
Languages: Common
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 170 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 20
Passive Insight: 13
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 23
Fort: 19
Reflex: 16
Will: 15
HP: 63/63
Bloodied: 31
Surge Value: 15
Surges left: 13/14

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
+2 to damage rolls til end of fight.

Powers:

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Weight of Earth
Summoned Armor

Second Wind [_]
Incredible Toughness [_]
Takedown Strike [ ]
Rough Strike [ ]
Roots of Stone [_]
Amulet of Life +1 [_]

Form of Winter's Herald [_]
Earth-Shaking Rend [x]
Nature Sense [_]
Berserker's Fury [x]
Item Daily [_]

Consumables:

List things such as potions and other consumable items here. If none, just write "None."
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Feature: Explanation of feature. These should be any passive effects that are more than a flat increase to attack, defense, hp, or a skill (such as being able to use perception for initiative rolls), any effect that are triggered by certain other effects (such as an attack boost vs bloodied foes), and so on. If it is relevant info that is not directly represented elsewhere in the combat block or in your character sheet, it needs to go here.

Item Feature: Explanation of feature. These should be any effects listed as 'Property' on a magic item, as well as any specific traits of the item itself (such as Brutal and other effects on certain weapons, special effects from superior implements, etc.). Again, if it is relevant it needs to be listed.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"They weren't necessarily foolish," the fairy says. "They were desperate, and that can lead us to do foolish things. They so desperately needed food that they were willing to take whatever risk necessary." With a small chuckle, Basil adds, "Well, on the bright side, they won't go hungry now."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"What could have them so desperate? Have the forests been hunted dry? You'd think this would be known about already if so, there'd have been regular attacks on the peasants as they went out to the fields." Lorelai finishes wiping most of the blood, and returns it to its sheath. "At any rate, we should move on if we don't want to lose even more time chasing these killers."
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"Yes, let us continue." Mazera nods in agreement with Lorelai. He flies his way to his horse, plopping down onto the seat and patting the horse's mane.
kalis5
Hm...
Registered for: 10 years 2 months

Post by kalis5 »

Edward sighs as he sheathes his blade. Fortunately for him, this is not the first blood he has shed. Though it was his first time against a number of opponents, and he feels the fight might have gone better with a more stable formation, he hopes his positioning decision early had helped. He nods to Bresda with a sigh.
"Thank you. But our tactics were scattered, and our movements chaotic. I am glad the fight went well, but I will have to rethink my approach to the next fight."
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"Worry not, Prince. Tactics come from experience, and I dare say you'll have plenty by the end of this." Mazera says, trotting over on his horse. "Now come, mount up. There's only so much light in a day, and those assassins won't wait for us."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Lorelai nods to Mazera, before walking back to Jessie and Clover. She quickly hops back into the saddle and replace the dog on her lap, petting the pup a few times before moving forward. "I am ready to go when everyone else is," she says, looking over the mutilated wolf corpses from her elevated position. So much death, she frowns.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Ser Bresda gets atop is steed again after he makes sure that his warhammer and shield are stowed properly. "Lorelai, let's take point in case any more of those deranged wolves desire to be put down again," he suggests as leads his horse forward slowly in an attempt to get the group moving.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Yes sir," she replies instinctively. She knows he is not necessarily in command, but the way Bresda speaks makes him seem much more like a leader than the young prince ever could. She complies with his order - request, not order - and directs Jessie to walk to his side, moving forward slowly as well.

"You are Ser Bresda, right?" Lorelai says to the man as they move forward, not eager to ride in silence. "I don't think we were ever really properly introduced. You seem so important, yet I have no idea what it is that you do. Are you a guard captain like Claire? I mean, Ser Clarissa?" She faces him as she talks, eager to get to know everyone even if it is a slow process.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Bresda's my name, yes. While I work in tandem with Ser Clarissa, she commands the royal guard and I do not. My duties are serving as the scout-commander of our sentries, scouts, and espionage units of the crown. The eyes and ears of the kingdom, if you will. And you are Ser Lorelai -- am I correct?-- of the Knights of the Flower. A proud and honorable order indeed." Bresda responds, his face serious but his tone amiable.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Edward grunts as he climbs up and onto his steed and gives the reigns a gentle click to set it in motion as he falls into place with the others. He hopes that eventually they will trust him with tactics, but for now, lending a helping hand to them is enough. At least, that's what he guesses.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Basil flutters back on over to Jessie and perches upon Lorelai's shoulders once more. Eager to leave the scene of the lupine massacre, the fairy ambassador says, "Let's hurry up and leave this place. I've had enough of it. And who knows if more wolves may be nearby, so we should get a move on."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Yeah, that's me! I don't think I'll ever get used to being called 'Ser,' though." She turns to watch as the fairy flies over, smiling as he lands. This is the best. "I agree, though not because of the wolves," she responds. "We should hurry if we want to even have a chance of catching up with the assassins."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"I don't prefer the title," Ser Bresda responds. "And yes, we will make haste." The scout-commander tightens up the reins a bit, making sure to not wear the horse out but still maintaining a good speed.
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

Chapter 4: The Beast of Torrenford

The Party mounts up and sets off once more and the rest of their journey is uneventful. You arrive in Torrenford late in the afternoon. Torrenford, although relatively small, is usually a reasonably busy place, being built around the easiest place to ford The Weeping River on the way to Calstone and out of Amgardia. When you arrive you are greeted by a single guard at a small tower by the entrance to the unwalled town, who informs you the town's scouts have seen nothing on the road to Oakmyr so the assassins have most likely travelled to Calstone, the regional capital of the Sothills. However as you make you way into the town you find the town deserted...
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Lorelai looks around, more baffled than anything by the state of the town. Where is everyone? You'd think the guard would mention if they were all gathered together for something. "Um, hey..." she begins, turning her head to face the man back at the tower. "What's going on here? Where are all the townsfolk?"
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Bresda's mind swims in thoughts of worry and dismay. "What is this..." he asks no one in particular, finding the town quite vacant. Making his way to one of the nearby buildings or houses he can find, he knocks on it sharply and calls out to the inhabitants inside. "Hello? Is anyone here?"
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Basil looks around in confusion, wondering where the town's denizens have gone to. This certainly is peculiar. How can an entire town just vanish? Especially one that's typically so busy. Looking around the abandoned town, he scans for any signs of what had happened there.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Perception to spot any sign of what happened: 11(1d20) +11 = 22
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"They're all inside probably," the guard calls to Lorelai, before stepping inside the tower and out of sight.
Bresda
[SHOW]
"Yes?" A voice comes from inside. "Who's there? And what do you want?"
Basil
[SHOW]
You can't see anything which would explain the lack of people.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Visitors under command of the crown," Bresda responds. "Why are you locked up indoors? Has something happened here?" he asks.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Edward looks left and right, trying to listen for anyone. His face contorts into a look of worry, wondering what could have happened, especially if there was still a guard in the tower.
"Empty... Why would the town be empty at this hour? I do not like this..."

He keeps his armor on, hoping nothing comes for the group.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Perception Check: 13(1d20) +1 = 14
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Bresda
[SHOW]
"You don't know?" The voice says. "There's a beast around these parts, up from the mountains and forests in the south. It killed everyone on a farm over the river."
Edward
[SHOW]
You don't hear shit
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Inside? Why wou- " Lorelai begins, before the man steps inside as well. This is such a weird place. Why is everyone staying indoors? Seeing that Ser Bresda and the prince have already begun to investigate, she follows the men into the city. "Did anyone respond?" she asks the scout master as she approaches.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Damnit, Bresda thinks to himself. Something is not right about these woods around here. The scout-commander turns to his peer. "Aye, something about a beast scaring these cityfolk into their homes," he replies quietly before turning back to the door. "What kind of beast? Wolf? Bear? ...Human?"
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Basil, remembering the information he was able to get from a pigeon in the last town, scans the village looking for another creature who could potentially possess more information. If anyone saw what has these people cooped up inside, it'd be an animal. Hopefully this one will have less sass.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Perception check to find an animal (preferably one this good senses): 12(1d20) +11 = 23
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Bresda
[SHOW]
"Only the Gods know that. What ever it is, it's monstrous," The voice says. "Girart claims to have seen it though."
Basil
[SHOW]
You search a few streets but don't spot or hear a single animal, not even a mouse.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Well, where can we find this 'Girart,' then?" Lorelai butts in, hearing the voice through the door. "Does he live near here? If he has information we'd like to speak with him." Whatever this beast is, it must be quite deadly to have the entire town this afraid to leave their homes. What could be causing this?
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Agh," Bresda grunts in disgust. "Whatever monster is plaguing this area needs to be put down. I've not seen the life of the forest rear up this aggressively for many years," he says to Lorelai. "Perhaps the Rose is causing this distress of the Earth Mother."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Bresda and Lorelai
[SHOW]
"Try The Handsome Huntsman, down the road. That's where he usually is."
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With no animal in sight, the fairy gives in his search and flutters over to the knight and scout-commander. With a slight look of astonishment, he says, "Well, whatever has these people locked inside also has the nearby animals spooked. I didn't see a single creature, so I don't think we're dealing with anything natural here."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Well, I guess that's where we need to go," Lorelai says aloud, somewhat to Bresda, somewhat just to herself. She backs away from the door and turns to face down the road. "We need to go to some place called the 'Handsome Huntsman,' I guess," she says a bit more loudly, so the others can hear. "Probably a tavern or something. There is a guy there who may know what's going on." With this she starts to walk down the road, not really waiting for the others to respond or follow. She is used to doing things on her own, so the idea of waiting for a group hasn't quite ingrained itself in her yet.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Bresda thanks the voice inside briefly before stepping off alongside Lorelai. "Hopefully this man has something more to say than 'It was big,' or 'It was scary,'" he says aloud to his companion as they walk. "Perhaps it's just an overgrown bear. I've seen the like around here."
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Edward nods as the rest of the group mulls over what is going on here.
"As much as I would like to continue on... We cannot leave troubles in our own homeland unanswered if we have the opportunity to help. Let us hope that we can find more about the situation from someone in the Handsome Huntsman."
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Mazera nods in response to Lorelai. "Ah, the classic mysterious tavern dweller being the only witness. It's almost like a story." he says, floating along behind Bresda and the knight. "Perhaps he will be sitting in a dark corner, hood concealing his face. That would be entertaining."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The party heads further into the small town and soon comes across an inn. The sign hanging outside confirms it is The Handsome Huntsman. The door is unlocked and the party makes their way inside. The Inn is a fairly simple one, a mishmash of odd chairs and tables dot the room and an old weathered bar stands at one end opposite a crackling fireplace. The room is only slightly less empty than the town, with only a handful of patrons and the barkeep being the only people in view.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Bresda steps up to the bar, piquing the attention of the barkeep. The scout-commander speaks, his voice quiet but distinguished. "I'm looking for a man by the name of Girart. Business of the Crown."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Lorelai listens to Mazera's odd ramblings, but doesn't give them much thought. What an eccentric old man. I doubt he and Ser Hector would get along, despite the similar ages.

As they reach the tavern, she quietly follows Ser Bresda in, allowing him to do the talking. Instead, she looks around for anything suspicious, or anyone who seems fazed by the scout master's words.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Perception, to look for anything suspicious, or anyone who seems fazed by Bresda's words: 13
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Following Ser Bresda and Ser Lorelai into the tavern, Mazera also keeps his eyes open, searching for clues as to who Girart is.
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Perception check: 23
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Most of the tavern turns to look at the party as Ser Bresda speaks up. The Bartender stops cleaning a glass and points to a table near the fire where a man sits, his head resting on his folded arms as he quietly snores.
Lorelai
[SHOW]
Most people look up to see who speaks, but after the bartender points out the man at the table they quickly go back to their drinks and conversations.
Mazera
[SHOW]
]Most people look up to see who speaks, but after the bartender points out the man at the table they quickly go back to their drinks and conversations.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The scout-commander nods this head toward the barkeep, stepping over quietly to the snoring man at the table. He pulls a chair out and sits down, inspecting the man for a moment before speaking. "Girart," he says quietly, trying to awaken the man.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Oh, that'll never wake him up!" the fairy says, moving over to the snoring man. Jabbing at the man, he says, "Hey, hey, wake up." As an extended effort to wake the man, the fairy whispers into the man's ear, "Free ale."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The man snores loudly. "You'll need a more firm approach with him," a man sat at a nearby table says, laughing to himself.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Taking the hint, Lorelai marches forward and slaps the man across the face. I hope he doesn't get too mad at me.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The man grunt as Lorelai slaps him, however he still appears to be asleep.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

With an inward sigh, Ser Bresda stands up abruptly and grabs an unused flagon from the bar-top. "I'll be right back with this," he assures the barkeep, stepping outside to the horse trough to fill it half-full of water. He hastily treads back in, taking the flagon and ejecting the contents into the face of the snoring man, before slamming it down onto the wooden table with moderate force.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The man splutters as he is covered with water, however he quickly let's out another loud snore.

"This is even better than usual," the man at the nearby table says, clearly enjoying the spectacle.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

The fairy lets out a small chuckle as the man remains in slumber. "Well he's certainly a heavy sleeper," he says. "Might as well make this fun if he's going to be stubborn," Basil says as he sprinkles pixie dust on the man. As the magical dust takes effect, the man begins to rise into the air.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Use Pixie Dust on sleeping dude to make him fly