The Quest For The Rose IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Re: The Quest For The Rose IC

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Basil holds back a chuckle at Bresda's sentiment about animals. Who can talk to animals? That's right. Me. And animals care of little more than their own survival. At Mazera's comment, the fairy says, "If it killed a family on a farm, then perhaps it was looking for food, like the wolves. Maybe some cattle could be used to lure the creature to where we can deal with it." After a brief moment, he adds, "Though I do think we should try to learn more about this creature before we do anything too drastic. Maybe there are survivors from the farm attack."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Perhaps we can track it from afar and study it. Judging by its size, I've no doubt it leaves some sort of devastation in its wake. Unless... Unless it is a shape-shifter," Ser Bresda says, his brow lowered in thought. "It actually doesn't seem unreasonable that one of our targets may have used the power of the Rose to enhance his shapeshifting prowess. A man of average size turning to a gargantuan bear-beast."
kalis5
Hm...
Registered for: 10 years 1 month

Post by kalis5 »

"We will have to hope that is not the case, Bresda. If so, we will never be able to find them. They will simply change form to elude us at every turn. Let us start with this beast, and see if it was truly enhanced by the Rose, and not simply something let loose upon our country in the Rose's absence. From what I am hearing, this village's safety needs to be taken into account. We should set the trap in the forest surrounding it, to prevent unnecessary violence amongst the townsfolk."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Oh wow, you really think it could be a shapeshifter? But why would they stay behind? They already have a large lead on us, this doesn't seem like it would work to their advantage. I am more inclined to think it is a beast and not a man." Though wouldn't that be interesting if it was? Being able to turn into a bear sounds like it would be fun.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Could've been left to throw off the trail, beast OR shapeshifter," Ser Bresda says in response to Ser Lorelai. "Still, we must trap or kill it in order to find out possible motives, first. We should head into the forest as Prince Edward suggests. Between Magister Mazera's workings of the arcane as well as my command of vines and earth, we might be able to lash it down and incapacitate it if we bait it."
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"That theory would be ignoring the properties of the Rose. Only a male heir of the royal family can wield its power. It would hurt anyone else that tried," Basil says, hoping to have the theory disregarded. "Though this beast likely is under the influence of some type of magic to have such massive size."
PureZaros
The Enigma
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by PureZaros »

Intrigued by the possibility of this beast being a shapeshifter of some sort, Mazera scowls for a moment, casting around with his mind in an attempt to sens any residual magic. Pity I didn't think of that. It does seem a plausible theory. "Regardless of the nature of this beast, we must track it down quickly and return to chasing after the Rose."
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Am I able to identify any sort of magical traces that would indicate the nature of this beast? Shapeshifting, beefed up, etc?
Arcana check: 25
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

Mazera
[SHOW]
You detect some magical traces which indicates the beast is capable of some kind of transformation.