Death Incarnate: A Zombie Tale IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Death Incarnate: A Zombie Tale IC

Post by Namelessjake »

"Should we start now?" Athena asks. "The less time we spend outside the inn the better," she adds, starting to get jittery.
kalis5
Hm...
Registered for: 10 years 1 month

Post by kalis5 »

Redros shrugs to the man below him.
"I have not heard of that name before. Though, I suppose I should bid the good luck on your journey to the north."
PureZaros
The Enigma
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by PureZaros »

Oh! This guy was pretty loaded! Quickly pocketing the coins, Elene spends a few more minutes searching around before returning to the main room, grabbing one of the reels of cord. "Pretty much jus' clothes. Let's get these back to the tavern."

Hauling the reel behind her, she makes her way to the door they had come in through, cracking it open and peeking out into the street carefully, checking to see if the path is clear.
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Stealth check to hide pocketing money: 18
Perception check: 23
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Redros leans on the balcony, thinking on the mans words before he jolts himself upwards.
"Ah, hold on. The north has apparently been taken over by a group of men. They marked the territory with fire, perhaps you should not head that way for your own safety. The fire will draw many of the beasts that way, it will not be safe."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Marcus
[SHOW]
There are 2 boxes and 3 barrels.
The disheveled man steps over tentatively. "I... I suppose I can help. Moving these would take my mind off... them," he says, wincing as he glances back at the bodies of his slain family. Weasel nods at Athena's suggestion and pats a barrel. "Give me a hand, love," the chubby man says with a crooked smile.

Elsewhere, Guthrik nods his head at Redros' words. "Aye. I don't know what you heard, but it's not safe around there. We had a run-in with them. Threatened to murder us."

In the bookshop's bedroom, Isdren does not notice Elene pocket the coins. However, he does stop once they've gone back to the main floor, holding an arm up. "I think somebody or something is up there," he says in a low whisper, pointing to the upstairs level they just came from, after hearing a creak.
Tomas
[SHOW]
You have been sheltering in the bookstore for the past day, hiding from the terrible creatures in fear. You have heard noises, both human and otherwise, coming from outside, but never anything this near. You've retreated to a closet in the upstairs area where you are entirely sure that there is somebody (or more) looting the building. They've gone back downstairs, and the door creaks open, making you wince.
nemtsol
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Post by nemtsol »

"Well shoot." Tobais sighed. "Now what am I supposed to do? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the warning. It's just now I don't know where to go."
"What did we do and can we do that again?"
- Anyone who discovers anything ever.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Dammit," Tomas mutters to himself as the door creaks, simultaneously annoyed and afraid. Please let whoever's here be friendly. Or let them leave. Cautiously, he creeps out of the closet and glances around, not wishing to get caught off-guard by any stragglers that remain upstairs. Certain that he's alone upstairs, he tiptoes to the staircase and peers down, hoping to catch a glimpse of whoever is below.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"You're right, we might as well just begin. We will likely see them on the way out anyway," Marcus responds to Athena, as he steps to one of the other barrels. "Come lend me a hand..." he says to the disheveled man, before realizing that he had never actually asked for his name. "By the way, what was your name? I'm Marcus."
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Pausing at Isdren's observation, Elene mentally berates herself for being so lax. Dammit. If'n this were normal times, that could have been a fatal mistake! Still could be, honestly. "Well, lets give our guest a little greetin', why don't we?" she whispers back, motioning for him to stay put. She slowly creeps up to the staircase again, quietly pulling her dagger out of her sleeve, keeping it hidden at her side. Slightly poking her head out into the open, she peers up the staircase, hoping that whatever made that noise isn't about to come crashing down the stairs to feast on her.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Redros motions to the entrance of the building he is currently in, motioning for Tobias to enter.
"We have some allies below. Perhaps you should ask them if you may accompany us? If you prove that you can be trusted, perhaps we will bring you back to our safe haven. An easier trek than one through fire and monsters, is it not?"
nemtsol

Post by nemtsol »

"Well, that sound's like a mighty fine idea, Mister Folena." Tobias said. "Below as in the streets? Or below as in the building?
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

With Isdren electing to stay below for a moment, Elene creeps upstairs. Tomas creeps downstairs, and the two of them finally see each other and pause.
Elene
[SHOW]
You see Tomas' description. See OOC.
Tomas
[SHOW]
You see Elene's description. See OOC.
At Marcus' question, the disheveled man looks up at him. "Marcus... Greetings. You can call me Presius." The four of them are able to haul two barrels out of the stockroom and into the parlor. Presius does not look back as he does.

Upstairs, Guthrik replies to Tobias' concern. "Below as in this building. Come to the front door, we'll let you in," he offers as he begins to make his way back down to the parlor, motioning for Redros to follow.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Tomas is slightly shocked as he sees Elene, and that she sees him. Nervously, he says, "Uh, y-you don't look like one of those monsters. What are you doing here?" What's she doing out and about in a time like this?
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"Lookin' for useful stuff, duh." Elene says back, narrowing her eyes at the boy's lack of understanding. She motions for Isdren to stay on guard, worried that there may be more people lurking around. "Better question. What're you doin' here, and why should I not come back up there and slit you?"
nemtsol

Post by nemtsol »

"Thank you for clearing that up." Then Tobais knocks on the door.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Hiding from rotting stuff, duh," Tomas responds with a smirk, half-mocking/half-teasing the girl. Wiping her threat aside, he adds, "I'm not threat to you, anyways. I have a piece of wood for protection. That's it. Besides, if you tried anything, I could yell loud enough to attract some attention."
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

With the man below entering the house, Redros turns away from the balcony and heads back inside.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"Attract our deaths, more like." Elene says back, some ferocity in her voice. "And I'm not plannin' on that happenin' today." Revealing the broken knife in her hand, she gestures at the boy. "Why don't you get yerself down here. Keep your hands where I can see 'em, I don't want no funny business. I'll play nice unless you start bein' a risk."
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Exactly. If you had tried to slit me, like you threatened, I would have just caused more trouble for you." Shrugging at the girl's suggestion, he carefully continues down the stairs, keeping his hands visible to appease the grubby child. "I'm not looking for trouble anyways. Just safety," Tomas adds.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Marcus nods to the man, and motions for the others to continue. "We are not far from the mare, we may as well just continue and meet the others back here when we come for the next set," he says, leading towards the exit. Though they could explore faster.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Good plan," Athena says to Marcus. Following and half helping move the barrels. I can't believe I'm doing manual labour...
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

As Guthrik and Redros descend the stairs to the main lower rooms of the building, they meet up with Marcus, Athena, Weasel, and the newcomer who have just finished bringing a couple of the barrels and crates there. "I see we've found another," the orc says with a smile. "My name's Guthrik, it's nice to meet you."

"Presius," the man introduces himself curtly to the orc and the hunter.

A knock at the door is heard, and the orc speaks again. "Another newcomer," he mentions briefly. "Would one of you get that? He's friendly."

Elsewhere, Tomas and Elene feel their way through a tense conversation. Isdren speaks up. "She's just being careful," he says to Tomas. "We won't hurt you. Are you all alone?"
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Our hands are bit preoccupied," Marcus states, motioning his eyes towards the barrel he is holding with Presius. He steps aside so the others can get by to open the door. "We are taking these back to the Mare, we'll be back for the rest. There should be 3 more in the pantry back there, if you wouldn't mind grabbing another," the man continues.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Tomas is slightly shocked as he sees the girl isn't alone, but relieved that the boy seems like less of a hoodlum. "There's a difference between being careful and threatening someone's life the moment you see them," Tomas says to Isdren. Continuing, he adds, "Anyways, yes, I was alone. At least I hope I was. I hadn't heard much until you two showed up."
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Elene frowns at the boy's constant discriminatory tone. "Threatenin's saved me more 'n once, and how things are like out there," she gestures with her dagger, "I'm not lookin' to play nice. I'm lookin' to stay alive."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Right, sorry," Guthrik chuckled with a laugh as he noticed the barrels and crates in their hands. Stepping past them, he opened the door revealing Tobias. "Hurry in, stranger," he says, nodding to the newcomer.
nemtsol

Post by nemtsol »

Tobias steps into the building, with a friendly grin. "Howdy, name's Tobias Stan. How are you fine folk doing?"
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Fine, given the circumstances," Marcus replies curtly. "But these are heavy, so let's talk after we've dropped them off at the Mare," he continues, attempting to continue on past the new addition to the group and back outside, ultimately heading for the Gilded Mare. He seems overly friendly for someone whose gone through what we've all gone through.
nemtsol

Post by nemtsol »

"Anything I can do to help?" Tobais said, stepping out of the way.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"There's a room with more crates and barrels back there," Marcus replies, motioning with his head in the general direction of the pantry. "We could use more hands to carry them over," he finishes, stepping out the door as he speaks.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"You don't have to play nice. Just be it. There's no reason to lose civility just because killer creatures are roaming around," Tomas says, slightly annoyed by the girl's harsh nature. "Anyways, I'm Tomas. And you two are?"
nemtsol

Post by nemtsol »

Tobias goes over and tries to lifts one of the barrels.
Strength Check
[SHOW]
17(1d20) +5 = 22
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Tobias plants his legs and uses his strength to lift the barrel up steadily. With his help, the group is able to take the three barrels out of the building, leaving the two crates there for later. Outside, Guthrik keeps watch while the others step behind him toward their makeshift home. They are able to make it into the Gilded Mare without any trouble. Many of the remaining patrons greet them at the door, including Cassia. "Let's get these put away," she suggests as she commands the help of Rorsi and the others to get them into storage for safekeeping. "You find anything else out there?" she asks.

Elsewhere, Tomas asks the two strangers their names. "My name's Isdren," the boy replies. "We've got a place to stay and some room for more. We've already ran into a couple new people that need our help," he explains. "I can't imagine being alone with what is going on."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Yes, two more crates in the house we just left at the least, and possibly more. I am not sure what Redros and Guthrik found," Marcus says. "And these two men," he adds, motioning to Tobias and Presius. "You should get them settled in while we get the rest and continue searching," he finishes, motioning for the others to follow him back to the home.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Really?" Tomas asks somewhat excitedly, hoping Isdren's statement is an invitation. "Where are you holed up? Somewhere sturdy, I hope." I doubt the tents back at camp would do much to stop those monsters. I hope they're all alright back there.
nemtsol

Post by nemtsol »

Tobias waved at Cassia. "Howdy! Name's Tobias Stan."
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"I've never found civil to be useful." Elene grumbles. "Just makes ye let down your guard."

Carefully rebinding her dagger to her arm, she moves to the window again, peeking out into the alley. "If ya think a tavern is sturdy, then maybe. But those things have already broken the door once."
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Zambies?
Perception: 15
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Presius," the other man introduces himself after Tobias.

"Welcome to the Gilded Mare,"
Cassia says to the both of them. "We've been holding up in the inn since yesterday evening. We've not much in the way of supplies or safety, I'll warn you now, but we're making moves to combat that."

Elsewhere, Isdren replies to Tomas' question. "There is a tavern called the Gilded Mare nearby. We'll take you to it, if you like." Elene looks out the door and doesn't see any walkers in the nearby vicinity.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"A tavern? I'd imagine it should be strong enough, and anything beats staying here alone. Could you take me there?" Tomas responds to Isdren and Elene. At least a tavern has solid walls. I hope they're doing alright back at camp. Canvas doesn't provide much protection.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Yes, we can," Isdren agrees, turning to Elene. "Is the coast clear? Let's try not to bring any of those horrible things back with us," he advises.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"I'm Athena," Athena says, introducing herself to Tobias and Presius, not too interested in the dishevelled man and the self professed hobo.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"Coast is clear so far." Elene replies quietly, gently opening the door. "If Tomas or whatever can grab that other reel I'll keep scouting ahead."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Nodding to the girl, the boy picks up the spool, reading to head out. I hope it stays clear out there. I'd hate to run into any trouble.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Marcus leads Guthrik, Weasel, and Redros back next door in order to retrieve some more of the supplies left there. They see no threats within the plaza and find the other two crates left in the stockroom of the house. Easily, they are able to handle them and return to the Gilded Mare within a few minutes.

Outside, Elene and Isdren slowly creep out of the workshop, with Tomas just behind them. They lug the spools of cord back slowly, keeping watch of a group of the walkers several buildings down to the south. It takes around ten minutes to do so, but they are able to get back to the door of the tavern quietly without issue. Isdren opens the door, letting the other two in. "Another new face," Cassia notes as they show up just after Marcus and the others. "Yes, we found him down the street. All alone," Isdren explained.

OOC
[SHOW]

The Gilded Mare: Burtin, Drozga, Smock, Rorsi, Jozanta, Bessia, Matilda, Bastia, Mahren, Liviana, Cassia, Athena, Guthrik, Marcus, Weasel, Redros, Isdren, Elene, Tobias, Presius, Tomas.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Tomas smiles as he's greeted by the warmth of the inn, having spent the previous day in an abandoned home. Waving to Cassia, he says, "Hello. I'm Tomas." Wow, there sure are a lot of people holed up here. But more people means it's safer!

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Marcus," responds Marcus to the boy. Right, just what we need - more children. "It seems there are more survivors scattered throughout town than we thought. We should probably keep an eye out for them," he says towards Cassia, though directed at everyone.

"More survivors in the Mare means we've got more people to help with fortifying it and defending it, should the need arise. But also more mouths to feed. We've barely done anything today, so we should head back out for more food and supplies while things are looking up for us," he finishes, waiting for a response.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The lobby of the Gilded Mare is packed tight as conversations dim to a halt, the survivors listening to the words of the ex-soldier. "I feel most comfortable defending our position, Marcus," Cassia comments. "But if it gets down to it, I have no problem going out there again."

Bastia nods at the Watchman's words. "I'll go with you. Sure beats being packed into this mess, anyways."

Weasel seems to be examining Smock's leg, which doesn't seem to have gotten any better since the night previous. "I'll stay here with me mate," he says abruptly. Presius seems to still be quite shaken up, and sits wordlessly at a table.

Of the rest of the survivors, Guthrik and Isdren assemble back by Marcus. The young boy's mother and sister look on with worried faces. Jozanta turns to the Rorsi, the drunk. "You're a pathetic mess of a man that you'd let my boy put himself in danger to feed you," she says to him. He looks at her with wide eyes, not able to manage a response.

OOC
[SHOW]

The Gilded Mare: Burtin, Drozga, Smock, Rorsi, Jozanta, Bessia, Matilda, Bastia, Mahren, Liviana, Cassia, Athena, Guthrik, Marcus, Weasel, Redros, Isdren, Elene, Tobias, Presius, Tomas.

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Elene moves back towards the door at Marcus' words, ready to head back out. "Me 'n Isdren didn't make it too far either. There's a lot more ground we need to cover before hunger starts settin' in."

kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Redros nods at Elene's words.
"Unfortunately, many will have thought to scavenge in locations where food is common. We may need to think of less obvious locations for food and equipment. Places where some will have not looked. While not certain, it may prove more fruitful than simply entering every home searching for food and weapons."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"I'll come along," Tomas says, stepping forward. "I'd like to prove that I'm not just some moocher. Not to mention I've also been cooped up in a closet all day."