Blackwood's Dogs — IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: Blackwood's Dogs IC

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"You know I've heard people call mead 'honey-wine,'" Henri replies in a playful tone, teasing his Kurnish friend. Having grown up in Imardin, wine was part of his culture, and he takes pleasure in collecting the wines from around the world. "You know, I've heard stories of people who bathe in wine. If you tried that with mead, you'd get all sticky," he adds with a lighthearted chuckle and a wink.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Bathing in wine, hm?" The orc scrunches his face in mock-disgust. "Seems only stuffy cunts'd go to such a bother. Waste of coin, I'd say."

Grommak thinks back to his experiences. "Having had both, I think instead of calling mead 'honey-wine,' I think those people should call wine 'grape-mead.'"

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Waste of coin?" Henri asks, a cheeky grin slapped across his face. "You mustn't have been to a gala in Imardin! It's a show of wealth and extravagence that puts even the Rakhii to shame." And a perfect chance for drinking as much as possible on someone else's coin. He recalls many a gala back in his Academy days, where plenty of beautiful women fawn over a handsome young Navyman.

"Maybe we've got to crash one of these galas sometime so you get the true experience," the disgraced aristocrat mentions with a smirk and a wink.

Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

"I'm not sure a pirate crew would be welcome at a gala," Darcell replies to Henri. "Although I'd not turn down an invitation. I attended one or two in my previous life, before I was a wanted criminal," he adds, thinking back on his own time in Imardin.

"On drinks though, I'm happy with wine, mead or anything else. As long as it's got alcohol in it," he laughs.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Hah, sure, buddy," Grommak says in response to Henri's idea. "So long as they ain't got any problems with an orc with a mouth like mine."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

John follows along silently, as usual, while the others walk and talk towards the Saint. About halfway down the road, the group can hear someone shout "HEY!" Before they've much time to react, the sounds of footsteps can be heard and a young woman rushes up to the group, holding a spear towards John as she approaches.

"I've finally found you," she says with a smirk, her weapon still trained on the man. She pays the others no attention, her eyes fixated on the man before her. Though not short herself, the man towers over her as he does everyone else, turning to face his potential assailant.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Since this is encounter-like, in that this character appears hostile, it seems fitting that reactions happen in roughly initiative order. Each of your PCs have higher base initiative than John, so it is safe to say that each would have had time to react before John gets to.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Henri is slightly surprised as the hostile woman approaches John, her spear drawn upon the man. He must've had a hell of a night, the Imardanian's thoughts wander, unsure of any other reason why a woman would be after him.

Not wasting a moment's breath, Henri draws his flintlock pistols and swiftly takes aim at the woman. "I'd suggest you lower your weapon," he harshly remarks at the woman. "A bullet hole in your forehead would surely ruin that lovely face of yours." He keeps his pistols fixated on the woman, hoping she has the brains to withdraw, lest those brains end up full of lead.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Intimidate dis chick: 17(1d20) +12 = 29
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

A belly laugh escapes from Grommak as he sees the slight woman stand in John's way. "I think the man's capable of handling himself, Henri," he says through a grin. Hands on hips, he looks her up and down, especially at the spear she brandishes. "You're brave, I suppose. Brave, or very stupid."

Turning to John, Grommak shrugs. "What'd you do?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As John turns to meet the woman's gaze, you notice a look of confusion on his face that quickly changes to an expression incredibly rare to the man - joy. With one hand he lower's Henri's aim while moving the woman's spear to the side with his other. He steps forward towards and Bends down, grabbing the woman in a bear-like grip and lifting her into the air in what seems like a hug.

The Woman drops her spear as he draws near and does her best to mimic the man's embrace, though her arms are much too small to wrap around John's entire torso. Her smirk has morphed into more of a smile, and her eyes are slightly watery, though no other body language can be determined in her current state.

The two stay in that position for a good ten seconds or so, before the large man lowers the much smaller woman back to the ground. He has a smile on his face for the first time in a long time, and though there are no tears his eyes show the same look that one who is about to cry might show.

"This is my daughter," John says, to the others, turning slightly to face them, though still facing her as well. "I didn't think I'd ever see you again..."

"Nor I you, papa," the young woman says, her previously serious demeanor now replaced with tears of joy.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Henri is slightly astonished at the revelation of the familial relations between Big John and his challenger. "I'm sorry for the harsh reaction," the Imardanian utters. "Running at someone with a spear doesn't exactly scream 'family reunion' to me." Ordinarily, he'd opt to skip the spear-point threat and go straight to the hugs. They must have some strange traditions in the Tulrissian Highlands.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"You had a kid, is what you did," Grommak says with a smile as he watches the daughter embrace her father. "How long has it been?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Too many years," John says, putting his hand to his head to think for a moment. "I want to say ten..."

"Eleven and a half," the young woman interrupts, taking a moment to return her spear to her back. "I feared you'd have died by now, but of course that was foolish. No one can kill you, papa," she says, her eyes showing her admiration of the man.

"I wouldn't be so sure," he replies, thinking back to the recent battle with the navy. "The sea is much different than the highlands." He pauses for a moment, then with a quizzical look asks, "how did you find me?"

"Tales of the giant among the notorious Blackwood's Dogs reach far further than the Westlands," the woman responds, her eyebrow raised slightly. "It was an obvious lead."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"I'm sure all of our tales do," Darcell says, half joking half serious. The thought sparks his imagination though.

I wonder if Illia has heard of my recent exploits. No doubt her Father knows of Blackwood's Dogs, he thinks, his mind wandering back to his lost love, for the first time in a while he notes, and wondering what she'd think of his current occupation.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"All the way to Groznid, and then some." Grommak confirms. "Might even be a few blokes in landlocked Serran territory who mighta' heard a thing or two about our infamy."

"So what's your name, girl? You came all this way just to meet your papa?" He chuckles. "Joining up with a band of pirates ain't as glorious as you hear it down there."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Not to meet him. Now that I've found him I plan to take him home," the young woman responds to Grommak, turning to face him as she does so.

"Her name is Beatrice. And I'm not going," John says, his face becoming more stern once more.

"It's just Bea," she responds, turning back to face the man in annoyance. "And you have to! I didn't come all this way just to say 'hi.'"

"You know I can't..." the man continues, turning away a bit.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Grommak frowns, not entirely sure how to react. Familial connections aren't really my thing. The orc shifts uncomfortably, watching their body language.

"How did you get here, anyhow? Not exactly the easiest for someone your size and age." He is mostly impressed by the little warrior. She doesn't seem to take much after him in size, but definitely in spirit.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Henri sighs at the girl's insistence on her father coming home when he can't, having fallen into a similar situation himself. Home seems such a distant place nowadays no matter where we are. Turning to face Bea, the disgraced aristocrat says with sentiment, "I'm sure your father would come home if he could. But sometimes things get in the way that prevent us from doing what we'd like."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Odd jobs, temporary stints on crews, whatever it took. I've been following his trail awhile now," Bea responds to Grommak. She listens as Henri talks, and once he's finished she responds, both to him and John, "I know what is keeping him away, but that's why I came. Felipe is gone," she says, now turning to her father. "That means you can come back."

John's brow furrows and he looks at her for a moment, lost in thought. After a pause he responds, "It is not that simple, you know that."

The young woman frowns and looks between the men before her. She folds her arms, before saying, "fine, then I'm coming with you until you change your mind."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With the girl's intentions made clear, Henri turns to Big John, saying, "If she's spent this much time finding you, you'll have better luck getting Dirge to stop drinking than sending her home." Are all highlanders this stubborn? Not that I blame her. She just wants her father back. Still, if she had spent so much effort to find him, it's clear to the Imardanian that she possesses worthy skills.

"You may have to talk to Blackwood about this," he responds to the towering Tulrissian. "I'm not sure how he'll react to your daughter suddenly tagging along."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Well if she can handle that spear well, I don't see why the Captain would have a problem with her joining," Darcell says to Henri.

Although I can't imagine John would be too happy about his daughter sailing under a black flag, he thinks, looking to John to gauge the man's reaction.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"You're awful young," Grommak says, surprised by her eagerness. "You sure about that, Bea? There's no glory in piracy. No honor. Isn't that all you Tulrissians live for?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Of course I can handle it well," Beatrice responds. "If you don't believe me, I can show you," she says, reaching for her weapon.

John sighs and places his hand on the young woman's shoulder, prevent her removing her spear, and looks down at her as he speaks. "That won't be necessary." He looks towards the others then back to her and, after a pause, adds, "I can't stop you if you are so keen to come along. But remember what I said: the sea is nothing like the highlands. Your skills matter little when the enemy has cannons and a floating fortress. The pirate life is a difficult one."

"I don't care about that, or honor," she says, responding to her father and Grommak. "I will show you I can handle anything you can. And then once you've grown tired of this life you can come home."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Grommak chuckles again when the feisty daughter of his friend tries to draw her weapon. "Damn, John. She's definitely got your spirit."

The orc listens to them speak. "I think you might be waiting a while, pup. Your father hardly tires from anything," he says with a shrug, before turning to Big John. "You'll have to talk with the Cap, my friend. Could always use another cabin boy to swab the decks, though."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"As nice as this family reunion is, we should head back to the Ship before Marian comes looking for us again," Darcell says, not wanting to anger the first mate any further.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Probably the case. She won't be happy having to vet another Dog before we set sail, but it is what it is." Grommak motions towards the docks, turning to walk.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Henri sighs as the girl proclaims her intent on staying with her father until he can return home. She must really love her father to be willing to join an honorless profession like this. However, he knows it's ultimately up to Blackwood whether she stays or not. With tenacity like that, I'm sure she'll fit in though.

"Is Marian ever happy?" Henri snickers as the group begins returning to the ship. "An extra bit of sour attitude won't change too much."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"You're right," John says, as the others bring up Marian. "It would not due to anger her. I'm sure there must be something big if she wants us back so quickly."

"Well she better get used to my company," Beatrice says, as she begins following the others back towards the docks. "I don't plan on staying here."

John grunts but does not respond, seemingly fine with his daughter's decision. The group continues on their way, eventually reaching the dock where the Salacious Saint is moored. Not far away can be seen the merchant vessel the group had captured, with some of the crew clearly working on its repair. It had taken quite a beating from the battle with the navy ship, but given time and manpower it would make a nice second ship in the captain's proposed fleet.

As the crew crosses the gangplank onto the ship they are met with more of the crew, though far from all of them. They are gathered on the main deck, most just loitering or chatting amongst themselves, though some seem to be actively working on one task or another. The only officer present seems to be Orson, who stands near the steps to the aftcastle and eyes the others.

"You know," comes the familiar voice of the Ice Man, as he steps up from leaning on one of the masts, "when I signed up for this shit I was under the impression there'd be a lot more of last night, and a lot less... whatever comes next. A day in port? How do you folk even stay sane?" He shakes his head and smirks, clearly only half-serious about his complaint.

Neovenator
[SHOW]

At this point feel free to have Gaul join in at any point. It would be a good idea to think about what his experiences would have been in the recent battles the party faced, as well as the last day in the Wastrel's Wharf. You could see what the others did to get a general idea of what the port has to offer, but feel free to ask me if you have something in mind not touched upon.

Neovenator
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

Post by Neovenator »

As Orson stepped away to cast his eyes across the latest members of the crew to arrive, fresh from the night's revelries, Gaul took a moment to the do the same. As Grommak, Darcell, and Henri made their way onto the Salacious Saint, he notices an unfamiliar female figure beside the hulking mass that was Big John.

Another stray, he thought with a rueful smile and the slightest shake of his dirty blonde head. This is the most unusual pirate crew I've ever heard of, not that I am in any place to complain, he mused. After raising a hand in greeting toward the newly arrived crew members, Gaul looks about for a place to assist the sailors in preparing for the Saint's departure.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"There's longer periods in port," Darcell replies to Iceman. "I get the feeling the Captain has something planned and wants to press on," he adds. It's no accident Daphne was on the merchant ship, something is afoot.

Seeing Gaul, Darcell returns the man's greeting with a curt nod. "Gaul," he says. "Good night last night?"

Neovenator

Post by Neovenator »

"A quiet night," Gaul says in response to the bard, "but I've had worse." Then, with a small smile that could almost be considered sly, "Forge any fine, story-worthy exploits yourself?"

As the others grow closer, Gaul's eyes dart back to the unfamiliar girl with Big John and he shoots Darcell a questioning look.

Last edited by Neovenator on Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Got into some trouble with our new friend here," Grommak says with a wink toward Ice Man. "Quiet night, hm? That's unlike you, Gaul. Next time we have a longer stay in port I'll show you what's what."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Quiet nights aren't all bad," Henri replies to his orcish companion. "At least when you've got a pretty lady to spend it with," he remarks with a sly grin. Though every lady becomes a pretty lady after one too many drinks.

Neovenator

Post by Neovenator »

"Better you than Baelgar," Gaul says wryly to the orc. "I'm fairly certain most of what he drinks should be weaponized."

Turning to Henri, the Serranaki raises an eyebrow, "I take it you found yourself some rather fine companionship, then?"

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Henri flashes Gaul a boastful grin, recounting the events of the prior day. "More times than one," the Imardanian lad replies, thinking back to the bath house. "A gorgeous Gleiosian named Myrrine earlier in the day, and a beautiful Brennisian woman much later." With his latter words, he mimics a drinking gesture, a night of heavy drinking leading up to such companionship. "Can't say I remember her as much, but those Brennisian women can be wild."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"I found a companion too. Fits snug around my chest," Grommak says with a chuckle, pulling the collar of his jerkin back. Underneath, he points to a thin, metal under-layer that shimmers in the sunlight. "Some strange alloy. Elvish smithwork. Who knew they had it in them?"

Clapping a mitt on Gaul's shoulder, the orc smirks. "Hey, between you and me -- it's whatever he eats that should be weaponized. Ain't seen a dwarf anywhere near that fucker's size." He scrunches his face up in mock thought. "Hm. Maybe they just keep growing forever, like crocodiles."

Neovenator

Post by Neovenator »

"A reliable companion, indeed," Gaul replies to Grommak, peering at the ranger's new armor. "Maybe it'll stop all those troublesome arrows bothering you so much, since you refuse to pick up one of these." Straightening, the Serranaki reaches over his shoulder and taps two fingers on the metal shield on his back.

Lowering his voice to a conspiratorial whisper, he adds, "If they just kept growing, they couldn't call themselves dwarves. Maybe his father got drunk and laid with a sea cow."

Turning to Henri, Gaul smiles and shakes his head ruefully, "One of these days, a companion you like will catch you with another. Nothing has a fury like a scorned lover."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Arrows? That's rich. Musketfire is what I'm talking about. I'm ready for those navy shits now." At Gaul pointing to his shield, Grommak cackles. "What, and waste a good hand that can hold a sword? You spent too long in Tjordek. Pit-fighting's dulled your head to what real, non-pitched battle looks like, my friend."

The orc looks about to ensure the Captain isn't near. "Though if you stick around this crew, I'm your senses will all come back to you. Blackwood seems to have us aimed at damn near any ship that he can claim."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"I can attest to that," Darcell says as Gaul mentions a lovers scorn. "In my experience though it's worse being caught with another man's wife... or wives..." he says.

"Especially if that man is a Rakh, but that's off topic," he adds with a smirk.

I wonder if that bounty is still on my head. Out here Crescent Bluff might as well be on Quellam though. Nobody would travel half way around the known world to come claim it.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Can't say I've been with a wife of such station, but I can certainly relate," the Ice Man chimes in, remembering some of his own past escapades. "I did once make the mistake of bedding the wife of a notorious headhunter, though. Great night, but many very unpleasant days followed."

John, who'd been his usual quiet self up to this point, lets out a slight chuckle at his and Darcell's words. Beatrice seems less amused, simply saying, "how crude. Though I shouldn't be surprised that pirates are as vulgar as bandits."

As the small group idly chatters there are many other such conversations taking place along the deck as the other members of the crew slowly trickle back on board. Many familiar faces pass by as they join their friends or acquaintances among the crew. Yvan gives Henri a wave as he walks by, before standing off to the side on his own, gazing towards the party as they speak.

It is not long before Marian herself ascends the gangplank, surveying the gathered crew members. She scowls, then tuns to face you. "Who is this?" she asks, looking towards Beatrice with her eyebrow raised. "I don't remember doing any recruiting yet."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Don't know what you expected," Grommak says with a grin. "Pirates, bandits... same thing, really. One's got sea legs and the other don't."

At Marian's approach, Grommak shuts up and straightens up. "New Dog, I'd reckon. She's as clingy as a tick on a cow's hemorrhoid. But she's got fight, boss." He looks back at John's daughter, giving her a knowing nod. "Tell her, Bea."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"If that should happen, then I'll use a bit of my charm and some Imardanian glib," Henri replies to Gaul with a cheeky smirk, unconcerned at the prospect of a scornful lover.

Returning the wave to his old friend with a smile, the disgraced Navyman walks over, letting the others handle the situation with John's daughter. "And how was your night, my friend? Nothing like those nights in Ellisport, I'm sure, but a different kind of fun," he says to Yvan, recalling their younger days in their homeland.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Henri
[SHOW]

"Ah, délicieux mon ami," Yvan responds, as his old friend approaches. "Spent some coin on a new pair of boots," he continues, placing a foot forward to show off his purchase. "And after that I heeded the Siren's Call," he adds with a wink and a smirk. "What trouble did you get into?"

The conversation is interrupted briefly as the pair notice many other crew members turning to watch towards the gangplank, where Marian is heard in a unusual laughing fit. However, the laughing quickly ceases as she seems to be yelling at the newcomer about something or other. Not much of what is said can be heard from where you are, but she does raise her voice enough at one point to catch, "...shut your fucking mouth and do exactly what you're told..."

Imardanian Translation
[SHOW]

"Ah, delightful my friend"

OOC
[SHOW]

The Siren's Call is a well-known and very well-loved tavern/brothel among the crews who frequent Wastrel's Wharf. It is roughly in the center of the port area and hosts many fine young men and women for the pleasure of the local seamen, and a few older ones as well.

Everyone Else
[SHOW]

"Hi, I'm Bea. I'm here to tag along. Got a problem?" the girl asks, not really paying Marian any mind. John sighs and puts his hand to his face as the girl moves to walk further onto the ship.

Marian looks between the other crew members then back to the newcomer, her eyes a mix of shock and annoyance. Then, suddenly, an unusual sound is heard - Marian's laugh. She lets out a loud, almost-terrifying laugh and many of the crewmen stop what they're doing to face your way, a mix of surprise and fear on many of their faces.

She walks swiftly after the newcomer and steps in her path, turning and looking straight into Beatrice's face. "Listen here you little bitch," she says, her face and voice souring into their usual mix of demanding and ornery. "Since you're new I'll give you that one. But the first lesson you need to learn if you want to survive this crew is to shut your fucking mouth and do exactly what you're told, got it? Good."

Her tirade out of the way, Marian makes her way off towards the aftcastle as many of the other crewmembers watch in stunned silence. They'd all grown accustomed to her outbursts, but they always served to quiet the place down for awhile, no one eager to be the subject of her ire.

Beatrice watches as she walks off, before turning back to the others, her eyebrow raised but her face otherwise lacking much of the fear exhibited by the longtime Dogs. "What is her deal?" she asks once the woman is out of earshot. "And she called me a bitch? I hope she has a mirror," she adds with a shrug.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Grommak's eyes go wide at the First Mate's tirade, surprised that she had no further problem with the stowaway that was Bea. Just like that? Hm.

He cackles at the girl's ensuing confusion. "She's like that. Don't take it personally," the orc advises. "Just get your shit done, n' stay out of her way. You do that, and you won't have problems with her. They don't call her Mad Marian for nothing."

Neovenator

Post by Neovenator »

Once the first mate walks out of earshot, Gaul releases a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. Not everyday you see someone smart off to Marian even that bare bit and get away with it...

Jerking his head towards Grommak, Gaul puts on a polite smile, "What he said. Best way to deal with Marian is to keep your head down and follow orders when they come. She's second in command behind Captain Blackwood." Giving a slight bow, somewhere between a nod and bending at the waist, he continues, "My name is Gaul.
Welcome to the Salacious Saint, Miss...Bea, was it?"

Then, glancing at the highlander, "Friend of yours, John?"

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Henri admires his friend's new boots, replying, "Magnifique! Those are the sharpest boots I've ever seen from the Wharf." The Imardanian chuckles and returns the smirk as Yvan tells of his night's exploits. Careful now, or the siren will lead you to your death," he jests to his longtime friend.

"As for my time–," Henri begins before halting, distracted by the shrill and uncommon laughter of the first mate. "Guess our new recruit met Marian," the navyman utters, still reeling from the anxiety-inducing laughter.

"As I was saying, I enjoyed a bath with a Gleiosian lass earlier and then ran into Grommak and Darcell to drink and gamble the night away." Henri elects to leave out the mysterious fire's task, given its desire of discretion and not wanting to cross it.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Henri
[SHOW]

"Ah, yes, the bath house. I was planning to go this morning, but Marian ruined that," he says with a sigh, watching as the woman stomps away. "Who did you choose? It's a favorite of mine, and I can say I'm a little ashamed of just how much coin I've spent there. But no whorehouse can compare..." he adds, trailing off, likely to think back to past experience in the bath.

Everyone Else
[SHOW]

"My daughter, actually," John says to Gaul, at his question. Before he can continue, the younger woman butts in.

"Yeah, it's Bea. I'm tagging along until Papa stops being stubborn and comes home. I can't imagine it will take too long now that I'm here."

The Ice Man raises an eyebrow at the girl's words, looking between the other Dogs before landing on John. "Daughter? Holy hell, man, I can't even imagine what kind of a woman could survive that. I figured she was someone's overly-clingy whore from last night, but-"

"Hey!" the woman interjects, having drawn her spear and holding it up to the man's throat. "I'm no one's whore! And if you call me that again I'll make sure you don't get another chance."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," the man says, holding up his arms in a mix of legitimate fear and amusement. John steps forwards and, like before, lowers her spear.

"Enough," he says, to which Bea furrows her brow and loosens her grip, standing the spear up on its end like a staff.

"Well he started it," she says, glaring towards the Ice Man.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Grommak chuckles quietly to himself at the Ice Man's encounter with Bea. Curious about what their next move is, he looks for Orson. I wonder if Blackwood's got us pointed into more danger so soon. That girl's still on-board, and he's got a fleet to build.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"You've got that right," Henri says with a chuckle, thinking fondly on the more upscale establishment. "I spent time with that beautiful blonde lass Myrrine. I trust you know her?" he asks, a subtle smirk forming.

Neovenator

Post by Neovenator »

After laughing openly at the exchange between the spear-wielding girl and the ice mage, Gaul struggles to keep his smile from breaking into a full grin. "Well Bea, it should be good to have you aboard. I'm sure your father will show you the ropes, but don't be afraid to run things past any of us," he says while gesturing around the group.

Turning to look at the rest of the crew already on board or boarding, he gains a thoughtful expression. One night isn't much in the way of shore leave. Captain must have a plan and one with purpose. Aloud, he says, "We should make ready to leave. I expect the captain will want to move quickly."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"With only a day in port I'm sure he does," Darcell replies to Gaul, having been quiet for a while, tuning his lute. "The Seer we "rescued" must have told him something," The Bard adds, thinking back to Daphne.

I hope Henri and I didn't go too easy on her and get her hopes up. She could have potentially had a rather terrifying time with Blackwood.