Blackwood's Dogs — IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Blackwood's Dogs IC

Post by Fialova »

Henri
[SHOW]

"Blond curls?" the man asks, a similar smirk to his friends beginning to streak across his face. "I've seen her plenty of times, but I've yet to have her. I usually prefer the redheads. Was she worth it? I may have to give her a go one of these days."

After the man speaks, and before Henri has a chance to respond, the sound of the doors to the Captain's chambers can be heard opening in the distance, and Blackwood steps out onto his balcony alongside Marian, shutting the door behind him.

Everyone Else
[SHOW]

"A seer?" Beatrice asks, sounding shocked and a bit excited at the prospect.

"That's what the men who had her were calling her," the Ice Man responds, having backed away from the girl a bit to keep more of a distance between them. "Said she was special, and were taking her gods know where."

"To someone wealthy, I'd guess," John adds. As he is speaking the doors to the captain's quarters swing open, with Blackwood and Marian emerging from his chambers and closing the door behind them, Daphne nowhere in sight.

* * Read your corresponding sblock above before reading the rest of the post. * *

"Alright, quiet down you lot!" Marian shouts, the other dogs quickly complying. Blackwood nods to his first mate and steps forward towards the edge of the railing of his balcony, stomping his foot twice on the ground and looking across the gathered sailors before him.

"I've many announcements, so it's best I go through them quickly so we can set sail. First: the vessel we captured from the Brennisian merchants is undergoing repairs as we speak, and will be for some time still. We've a lead to follow, so we don't have the time to sit and wait for it to be seaworthy. As such, some men are to stay behind to oversee the repairs and build a crew for the second ship in our fleet: the Black Bishop."

The other men begin to whisper amongst themselves at the news, some excited at the prospect, some annoyed. As the chatter becomes more noticeable Marian once more shouts, this time louder and more forcefully than before, "I said quiet!"

"Alador is to captain the new vessel, and with him will go some of the officers. Bargetze and Carver will remain with him to complete the repairs, and then stay on as the ships' Carpenter and Bosun. Old Lefty will be the vessel's Master Gunner, Isabelle the Quartermaster, and Liam the Second Mate. They have already been informed and are already at the other dock making preparations for recruitment.

"There are some faces I see here now who will also be transferring to the new ship, so listen close as those mentioned should gather their belongings and prepare to leave. Yvan, you are to be the Bishop's Sailing Master, and John, you are to be Alador's First Mate. Be quick about it, as we depart soon."

"No..." Bea says under her breath, looking towards her father in disbelief, her eyes showing signs of sadness and defeat. As she looks on the Captain continues his speech.

"Finally, we have promotions and introductions to make. Gaul, due to your prowess in the last battle you are going to be helping to shore up the vanguard after so many are being transferred over to make up the new vessel's vanguard. We still have available spaces for the Saint's vanguard, so we will be keeping an eye on you.

"Filling the role of Bosun in Carver's stead will be Samuel, his Bosun Mate, and filling the role of Carpenter in place of Bargetze will be Grommak, her apprentice. Lastly, filling the spot of Sailing Master after Alador's promotion to Captain will be a new crew member, poached from Kishar's crew, named Malik," the man says, motioning towards another who moves slightly up the staircase for the others to see. He glares towards the others and grunts, before stepping back down in silence.

"If you've questions you can direct them towards Marian or Orson," Blackwood continues, "and if you've complaints, keep them to yourselves. Finish making preparations and if you seen anyone missing you should consider finding them before we leave them ashore. We depart within the hour."

With that the captain turns and re-enters his chambers, his door shutting behind him as before. Marian descends the steps opposite the ones Orson is standing near, and the chatter begins to pick up again. As the crew talks amongst themselves, Marian once more shouts, saying, "you heard the man! Less talking, more working! Prep the ship to sail, we're leaving ASAP!"

Crew Changes
[SHOW]

Salacious Saint
Captain: Blackwood
First Mate: Marian
Quartermaster: Phil
Second Mate: Orson
Sailing Master: Alador Malik
Bosun: Carver Samuel
Master Gunner: Baelgar
Carpenter: Bargetze Grommak
Surgeon: Villiers

Vanguard: Grommak, Darcell, Henri, Liam, Isabelle, John, Constance, Gaul

Black Bishop
Captain: Alador
First Mate: John
Quartermaster: Isabelle
Second Mate: Liam
Sailing Master: Yvan
Bosun: Carver
Master Gunner: Lefty
Carpenter: Bargetze
Surgeon: TBD

Vanguard: Liam, Isabelle, John, Constance

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Well, damn." Grommak shrugs upon hearing his promotion to Carpenter aboard the Saint. Suppose that puts me one step closer to cap' myself if we get a third, fourth, and fifth tub. He claps a heavy mitt on Big John's shoulder. "Stay safe, mate. Plus, it ain't like we'll be too far from each other. Power comes in numbers, hm? I'm sure Blackwood'll have the two vessels working in tandem."

Leaning in a bit, he lowers his voice. "And look -- if your kid is serious about staying aboard, then I'll keep a close eye on her. As tough as she is, might not even need my help, either. She ain't on the van', so you don't have to worry about that."

Neovenator
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Post by Neovenator »

As the captain and Marian appear, Gaul adopts a more upright posture with his hands behind his back. After his promotion is announced, he fails to keep a smile from his face. When Blackwood finishes his series of announcements, Gaul taps Grommak on the shoulder with his fist, "Congratulations are in order, ship's carpenter. That's worth a drink next time we're in port. Same goes for you, John."

As the buzz amidst the crew on deck increases, Gaul strokes his chin in thought. It seems the captain does indeed plan on building a pirate fleet to rival that of the navy. What could his end game be? Certainly can't say I will miss Carver, but life aboard won't be near the same without some of the others.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

All Except Henri
[SHOW]

"No, you can't go!" Bea says, as the others begin to congratulate John on the new position. She grabs at his arm and looks upset, a mix of sad and angry, at the prospect of him leaving the ship.

"I have to. Captain's orders," he says sternly, though there is a hint of disappointment in his voice as well. He gives Grommak a nod, acknowledging the man's earlier words, before turning and placing a hand on his daughter's shoulder.

"This is a pirate crew, and a rough one at that, but these men are my friends. You will be fine here, just keep your head down and do what you're told. You will see me again in no time." With that he turns to leave, making his way to the lower decks to acquire the rest of his belongings.

"But I just got here..." the girl says quietly, looking defeated, before taking a seat against the ship's railing.

The Ice Man watches the pouting of the newcomer but pays her no mind, instead turning back to the others. "Well well, nice to know that you folk receive recognition for your hard work. I suppose it was a good choice to side with you lot after all. I'm sure I'll be captaining one of these things in no time," he says with a smirk.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Very worth it. And looks like you'll have plenty of time to see her then," Henri says, slightly astonished at the captain's announcement but also excited for his longtime friend. "Congratulations, mon amie," he remarks, giving Yvan a friendly hug. "You'll be a spectacular sailing master, but don't get into too me trouble without me," he adds with a signature smirk, which transitions into a warm smile.

Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

"Congratulations mate," Darcell says clapping Grommak on the back. He tuns to Bea. "Your Dad's right Kid. Stick with us and you'll do ok," he says with a smile.

"So does this mean the Captain is now Admiral Blackwood?" he asks no one in particular.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Henri
[SHOW]

"I may just..." Yvan replies, a bit stunned by the news, but excited for it. He returns his friend's hug and, once finished, places a hand on the man's shoulder. "No promises," he replies, returning his friend's smirk, before patting Henri's shoulder and walking away to gather his things.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Thanks, boys," Grommak offers to Gaul and Darcell. "Hope I learned enough," he says with a shrug and a flash of his teeth. The orc watches Big John leave, a little disappointed in the roster changes on that end, but nonetheless happy for him. I'm sure he'll be fine.

At Darcell's question, he shakes his head. "Captain just has a better ring to it, y'know? I'm sure he'd agree. Could ask him if ye'd like, now that I'm his carpenter."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"You'll do a fine job," Henri says to his orcish friend with a smile, walking back towards the others. "Besides, you're sailing on the finest timber Imardin can offer anyways," the man adds with a cocky smirk. "Takes more than a few cannonballs to put a dent in her." You'd think the Navy would've been more careful with this thing. Talk about careless, letting it get stolen. I would've never let that happen.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"With how rough we are on the Saint, it ain't as easy a job as you'd think," Grommak replies with a shrug.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As the men have their small celebration and issue their congratulations to one another, they notice many of the others scrambling to work. Soon a path parts between the men on deck and Marian can be seen stomping towards the group.

"You, you, you, and you," she says, picking out each member of the vanguard from the small group gathered. "The captain needs to have a word with you lot. Get to his quarters and rap three times. Go!"

She leaves just as quickly as she'd arrived, going on to yell at various other crew members about how they're not doing something right, same as usual. Bea looks up at the others out of curiosity, though says nothing, still pouting. The Ice Man is not so quiet.

"Two of you just got promoted so I doubt you are in any sort of trouble. I trust you will fill me in on the juicy secrets, eh?" he says with a wink.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Might. Might not," Grommak says with a grin toward Ice Man. "That's assuming we're not getting chewed out like we do half the time."

The orc moves off toward the captain's quarters, knocking three times on the door with solid force. Hope Blackwood fills us in on that girl. Don't feel right having her aboard against her will. Kidnappings never sit right with me.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Hopefully we'll be getting some insight on the Captain's plans," Darcell says, following after Grommak, leaning against the wall next to the door while the Orc gives the knock.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"I hope so," Henri replies to Darcell as the men approach their captain's quarters. "It would sure beat blindly obeying orders like a normal lackey." I wonder what Daphne has told him. I hope she hasn't scared her to death by now.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

After a moment the door opens and Blackwood ushers the group in, shutting the door behind him. There is a narrow corridor immediately after the doorway that opens up about 10' in to the much more spacious chambers of Blackwood. Right away it is clear that the Imardanians spared no expense in their design of the captain's quarters for their own officers. The entire far wall is a series of tall windows, with a small balcony reachable from another door at the rear of the ship. The other walls feature various ornate designs and built-in sconces, as well as most of the furnishings being made as part of the wall and immovable. Dressers, book cases, writing desks, and other surfaces are all found, full of writings and artifacts acquired during the crew's many conquests of other ships.

The captain returns to his desk in the rear of the room without a word, motioning for you to come in and sit at one of the ornate chairs or sofas in the room. Daphne can be seen sitting at a chair at one of the windows when you enter, and she turns at the sound of other footsteps than the captain's. She seems lost in thought, but at the sight of Henri and Darcell she perks up a bit and gives the men a smile.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Morning, Cap," Grommak manages as the silent man ushers them into his domicile. "Miss," the orc greets Daphne with an unsure nod. Suppose we're about to find out what his deal is with this lady.

He takes a seat in one of the comfortable sofas, his hands upon his knees. "Suppose I should thank you for the promotion. I'll make sure the Saint's patched up." Grommak runs a finger along the soft tread of seat cushion, before looking up again at Blackwood. "What's the word?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"And I'm sure you'll do a fine job of it," the man says with a nod, his expression remaining its usual stern look. He looks the group over and then back to Grommak, saying. "There should be one more. I will go over everything onc-"

As he is speaking the door opens once more and in walks Eva. She shuffles into the room and glances around at the others with a look of confusion, before taking a seat in a chair away from the others. Blackwood watches as she does so, waiting for her to be fully seated before he continues talking.

"That makes everyone. I've called you all here because I've a unique task I need the lot of you to complete. I don't ask this of you lightly, but you are the ones I feel can best be trusted to complete the task, or at least manage to escape if things are to go poorly. I will need you to meet with one of my contacts, in Fort Ellis."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Eva's arrival causes Grommak to wince a bit. Never did trust her. He gives her a leery eye before turning to listen to Blackwood's words.

"You can count on us, Cap."
The orc peers at the others a moment, wondering what their duty would be. "Fort Ellis, hm? This have to do with her?" he asks, nodding toward Daphne.

Mechanics
[SHOW]

History check to recall what Grommak knows about Fort Ellis: 18(1d20) +4 = 22

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Henri grins as they enter the captain's quarters and he spots Daphne. Hoping to lift her spirits, he says, "Ah, salut Daphné. Comment allez-vous?" Though he's curious to know more of what she's endured, he's all too aware of Blackwood's presence in the room, so he doesn't probe for answers. Another time, perhaps. When we have a bit more privacy.

As the captain begins speaking, Henri turns his way, eager to hear what the meeting is for. His eyes light up as Blackwood mentions Fort Ellis, recounting his time in the navy. "Fort Ellis? I practically know it like the back of my hand!" the Imardanian says confidently, eager to show off his prowess. This should be a snap if nothing goes south.

Imardanian Translation
[SHOW]

"Ah, hello Daphne. How are you?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Je suis fatigué de la mer," Daphne replies to Henri matter-of-factly, her smile fading slightly as she speaks. When Blackwood begins to speak again, she turns back to face out the window.

"Only insomuch as she has provided me information that led to this decision," the Captain says, glancing over to the woman for a moment, though she maintains her gaze out the window. "But that is not what is important. What is important is that you meet with my contact discreetly, and without drawing any suspicion from the navy. Henri, your knowledge will come in handy, but your face is also going to be a hindrance. It would be best for you to go in disguise. The same goes for the others as well. We've had enough run-ins with those squids that some might still remember our faces."

"The only people who'd know my face are dead," says Eva, who has her gaze set on Daphne in the corner. "The same can be arranged for anyone who crosses us in the fort."

Grommak
[SHOW]

Fort Ellis is the large fort situated at the edge of the navy docks in Ellisport. Though not the largest fortification in terms of absolute size (that honor going to Fort Victoire), it is undoubtedly the most important. The headquarters of the entire Imardin navy is located within its walls, as well as the prestigious Fort Ellis Naval Academy - where its officers are trained. It is a large and imposing structure guarded by multiple tiers of defenses and a complex series of canals and drawbridges, making an invasion of it incredibly difficult. This on top of it being situated next to multiple docked ships of the line at any given time, and housing the men to man such vessels should the need arise. It has kept Ellisport one of Imardin's safest port cities from pirates and sea-based attacks for many centuries.

In terms of geography, the fort is located at the northern end of the city. The southern wall of the fort marks one side of a major thoroughfare which weaves from east to west, eventually connecting one of the city's gates to the ports on the western coast. Across from the main gate to the fort, which is located on said thoroughfare, can be found the sprawling complex that is the Cathedral of Elys in Ellisport and its associated buildings. These are then surrounded by many large estates and high end artisanal shops, making it an area that serves as the de facto city center. Other gates to the fort can be found on its eastern and northern walls, as well as multiple situated along the navy docks in the west.

Imardanian Translation
[SHOW]

"I am tired of the sea,"

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Got a plan to get us past without any problems? They'd probably fire at the Saint on-sight." Grommak scratches his rough stubble, thinking. The man wants us to jump straight into a frying pan.

"Your contact a navy double-agent?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Of a sort," Blackwood responds to Grommak's question. "And we won't be docking in Ellisport. At least, the Saint won't be. We'll snag some smaller merchant vessel and send you in with their haul. You can dock in the South Ward, the navy rarely ventures there. We've already got some of the men patching up uniforms for you to wear from the last battle, but you'll have to find a safe place to change on your own once in the city."

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"The South Ward is the roughest part of town, so I'm sure we'll have a familiar welcome," Henri replies as Blackwood continues explaining the plan. Maybe we'll run into the South Ward Slasher. I bet he isn't as tough as people think.

At the captain's mention of finding a safe place to change, the Imardin-native replies, "I'm sure I can find a place that's safe enough. I know the city quite well." Ellisport may be a maze, but it's my maze.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Good," Grommak says, to Henri. "'Cos I don't. Haven't been back to that squid-town since I pissed off the wrong holy-man."

The orc turns to his captain. He knows better than to brazenly question the man, but he feels safe in prodding a little. "Who's this contact, if you don't mind me asking?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

The Captain pauses for a moment at Grommak's question, looking over the orc's face for a moment. "He wouldn't want me giving his name before contact is made," he finally responds. "Should you get caught, gods forbid, I wouldn't want them to beat the information out of you. But you can rest assured he is a true friend, not someone luring us into a trap, should that be your worry. He is the same man who aided in my acquisition of this ship."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Darcell nods in agreement with Grommak. "Aerlynn was always more my scene."

"Makes sense he'd want to keep his identity a secret then. Although it does beg the question of how will we find him?" Darcell asks Blackwood. They've got to be someone high ranking if they helped the Captain steal the Saint. The real question there though is why would they have helped.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"You'll have an appointment to meet with him in his office at the admiralty building. Fake identities and the like. Making official reports from the warfront would be the easiest excuse, but if you have any better ideas that will better avoid suspicion feel free," Blackwood responds, looking especially towards Henri with the last comment.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Few would turn down scouts with urgent news," Grommak voices. "Maybe Darcell can play the officer, and us three his men. We don't have to say much. It's probably best if we keep as many eyes off the boy as we can, and besides -- Darce could lie to a deity and get away with it."

Neovenator
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Post by Neovenator »

Gaul nods in agreement at Grommak's proposal, but otherwise remains silent. Better to let the others take the lead on this part. I'm not the worst at sneaking about, but I'll be much more valuable as another pair of eyes and a set of muscle in this case.

Without turning away from his position facing the captain, Gaul lets his eyes slide over to Eva and then Daphne. Eva pretty obviously doesn't trust the girl. She's always borderline paranoid, but could she be right? I wonder what the seer girl's involvement is with this part of the captain's plans...

Mechanics
[SHOW]

Insight to check Daphne in attempt to discern any potential motives, moods, if she's as innocent as she seems at first glance (this is Gaul's first time in any sort of proximity to her), or potential that she may be controlled by an outside force of some sort

13(1d20) +14 = 27

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Four, you mean?" Eva says, shooting an annoyed glance towards Grommak before returning back to the captain. "What will this meeting accomplish, anyway?" she asks. "Are we planning to steal another of their ships?"

The moment looks to the woman, his usual neutral expression beginning to show hints of annoyance. "That... is not something I can go into detail about right now. Too many factors at play and, like with the contact's identity, information that I don't want falling into the wrong hands. Should all go well, though, the results will be quite... lucrative."

Gaul
[SHOW]

From what you can tell just watching her briefly she seems a bit sullen, perhaps homesick. Despite the amenities of the captain's quarters she has been away from her home for some time now, especially considering that she had been holed up in a cell for an indeterminate amount of time before being 'saved' by the Dogs. You've no reason to believe that her previous statement about being tired of the sea is a lie. Other than that, though, her current state of quietly sitting and watching out the window does little to suggest anything else about her mood or motivations.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Yeah. Four," Grommak says, grimacing. "Whatever." The orc turns back to the captain, listening to his explanation. Don't like how shady the Cap's bein' about this. He holds his tongue, however, not wishing the wrath of Blackwood upon himself.

"Fair enough. Though with us going in on this deal -- in the middle of the goddamn squids, too -- I'd hope whatever you're planning pays off not just for you." He shrugs. "But I trust ye, Cap. You can count on us to get it handled. What's the timeline?"

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Henri nods to the captain at his suggestion towards a better excuse, beginning to brainstorm so he and his party encounter the least amount of trouble. Reporting on the warfront may be the easiest, but it's not foolproof. "If we're going that route," Henri begins to Grommak, "then I should at least coach Darcell a bit on normal officer protocol. Otherwise he'll stick out no matter how well he lies."

The Imardanian shrugs off his captain's secretive mannerisms, understanding the sensitivity of it and being fully used to the secrets, lies, and intrigue in the average Imardanian court. It's a wonder we're even capable of the truth!

Mechanics
[SHOW]

History (I guess) to determine what Henri can remember being the best way/excuse to meet with someone with as little trouble as possible: 3(1d20) +13 = 16

Wasn't sure if I needed a roll or if Henri's normal knowledge would be enough

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Tips from a dropout? I'd be like taking swimming lessons from a drowned man." Darcell jests, smirking at Henri.

"It should be a walk in the park. Before I turned pirate and joined the likes of you rapscallions, I was counted among the upper echelons of society on a number of occasions," he says thinking back to his previous times in Imardin, Tulrisse, and Crescent Bluff, but leaving out the various reasons for having to move on.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"The hunt for a suitable small vessel will begin immediately. It shouldn't take long," the captain responds to Grommak. "From there we can move onto the landing and meeting as soon as possible, I will arrange for the meeting to take place once we know when we can make landfall. The rest of the plan will hinge on the information gained in the meeting, so past that I can offer little."

The man thinks for a moment as the others speak amongst themselves, before finally adding, "and this deal will be of great benefit to everyone on this crew should all go well, you can be sure of that."

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Fair enough, Cap." Grommak nods to Blackwood. "Suppose we should thank you for considering us on this one."

He looks at Daphne once again, still unsure of her involvement. Turning back to the captain, the orc points to the door. "Want us gone?"

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Yeah this should be a nice change of routine," Darcell says echoing Grommak's sentiments.

"Well a extremely dangerous change of routine with potentially lethal consequences, but a change in routine none the less," he adds with a smirk.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"High risk, high rewards," the Imardanian replies to Darcell's musings. "On the bright side, the Navy isn't as competent as they like to think they are. It's a war machine, but it's also a mess," Henri adds, knowing fully of the internal politics and conflicts that continue to scar the navy's inner workings.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"If you've no other questions then aye," Blackwood responds to Grommak, paying little attention to the chatter among the others. "We've sailing to be done, and a ship to capture. More of the same before the change of pace comes."

Apparently not having anything else to add, Eva simply stands, gives a small nod to the captain, and makes her way towards the door, not waiting for the others. Daphne turns to watch as she stands, and looks to see if the others will too.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Got new duties to get started on," Grommak agrees. "Gotta make sure the Saint's sturdy." He stands up to leave as well, winking to the Captain before he does.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Henri nods to Blackwood as they begin to file out of the captain's quarters. Before exiting, he turns and smiles at Daphne, saying, "Ne pas grandir trop fatigué. Ellisport sera bientôt à l'horizon."

Imardanian Translation
[SHOW]

"Do not grow too weary. Ellisport will be on the horizon soon enough."

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Darcell follows the others out of the captain's quarters, also smiling at Daphne as they leave.

"You know that's a lie. We took her from one group of captors to another," he says quietly to Henri once they are out of the cabin. "Who knows what Blackwood has planned for her."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Daphne gives a slight smile at Henri's words, before turning back towards the window. The group makes their way back out of the captain's quarters and onto the deck, where they find the crew fully back to work. People are rushing about, prepping the ship to sail shortly, and the few still loitering are getting a verbal lashing from Marian.

As you exit, the Ice Man spots you and approaches. "So? Anything good?"

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Grommak grunts, offering the Ice Man a shrug. "Suppose. We're heading to the Ellisport. Running an errand for the Cap." He looks up at the First Mate, surveying the scene. "I see Marian's got everyone back to their duties. You been told what yours are?"

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Sounds exciting enough, I suppose. Fugitives making their way to the big city, hiding their personas I imagine. Not the sort of excitement I'd jump at thought of, but I imagine with great risk that means great reward," the man says with a wink and a smirk.

At the question of his role, the Ice Man shrugs and responds, "standard rigging duty. I may have been hired 'muscle' for the last crew, but this isn't my first stint as a sailor and I made as much known not long after you picked me up. I can handle my own, and who knows? Perhaps in time I will earn a coveted spot among the vanguard elite, with all the extra rations and shares of plunder that entails," the man adds, playfully nudging Grommak with his shoulder.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Hell, with that damned frigid magic you got a grip on, I'd be surprised if the Cap didn't have you on the van' by our next bout of trouble." Grommak grins. "That'd be nice to have around. Between the two of us, I don't think there'd be a single one who gets away from a fight, eh?"

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"I don't know," Henri responds to Grommak's comment towards the Ice Man. "In that hot Forelle sun, a little ice magic might be refreshing for our opponents," he jests, snickering as he strides past.

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Only for a short while," the Ice Man responds to Henri. "Once their limbs begin to freeze in place people tend to start to panic. Which only causes the freezing to accelerate. Amusing to watch, if a bit morbid. Though I can tone it down a bit if you need a break from the heat," he adds, waving his hand and sending a small gust of cool air towards the man.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The orc cackles at the Cru'unish man's cheap trick. "Glad you're on our side. That shit ain't fun."

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Stop slacking and get to work!" comes the familiar voice of Marian, who has noticed the idle chatter among the group. She doesn't approach directly, but is now staring you down from next to the other poor soul she'd likely just been shouting at.

The Ice Man shrugs and starts to head to work. "I suppose we can chat more some other time. Don't want to piss her off," he says.

OOC
[SHOW]

So for this part of the game, since IC Blackwood has all of the decision-making process as far as targets/etc go, but giving you guys no options is no fun, I figure I will leave the options of what/where to hunt for a ship OOC up to you all, and then I will have that be the decision that Blackwood came to when directing the crew.

1) The Forelle Sea, despite its name, is really more of a collection of multiple smaller bodies of water between the various larger islands. What are you decide to hunt in will decide what sorts of vessels you are more likely to encounter. Please pick one general region to hunt in for the time being (ex. 'between Ghia and Gleios') and I will use that as part of the process in determining what you encounter.

2) In addition to region to hunt in, the following factors will be used. These are not particularly precise, but it is good to know what your preferred targets would be of the follow:

• Small Vessels - generally trade vessels or ocean-going fishermen, with smaller crews and fewer goods. Typically only can afford to dock in poorer parts of towns, so would not stand out too much going into Ellisport, but would also not provide much benefit after the particular mission is complete.
  • Medium Vessels - typically more profitable trade vessels and passengers vessels, though there are some nimble military vessels of this 'category' as well. These would be more conspicuous if docked in a poorer part of town than small vessels, but they are also more useful in the long term for Blackwood's fleet.
  • Large Vessels - most of these are military vessels, though some wealthy traders do own ships of a similar size to some navy vessels. These are harder to hunt and would stand out like a sore thumb in poorer docks, essentially requiring the party to dock elsewhere in Ellisport. However, these ships are also large enough to hold many men and (if modified) guns, so much more useful for the fleet in the long run.

Once you've decided on a region of preference and a prey of preference I can move you forward based on that decision.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

OOC
[SHOW]

I want to take on a medium-sized vessel in the region between Meidan, Visha, and Mai'okon.